PDA

View Full Version : rugby and football

alex andrew
04-19-2010, 07:17 PM
i like mls, i am confident in north american football, i even defend my tfcs against wise guys from europe, wise guys who do not follow mls, and are always like

aaaahhh...oooohhh...a 3rd liga team from my country would and could and...

i think the level of football in north america is pretty good to good to ...( five minute after posting ) very good !

i am looking forward to the usa - england game in south africa.

anyway, what i am trying to say is that the mls football sends mixed signals to my beckenbauer / maradona / eric cantona / hugo sanchez / gazza

kind of brain.

i am seeing a mix of rugby and football.

rugby in the first period, maybe one hour of play, and then football.

exhaust, exhaust, exhaust your opponent, and then do the job.

has football changed ?

MartinUtd
04-19-2010, 07:22 PM
All the running up and down are symptoms of a lack of a game plan and/or not having the players to carry out that sexy short passing game. You do see those games in MLS (Seattle, Columbus, DC before they sucked) but the league as a whole is not there yet but will get better. You'll need patience though as the training wheels are still on.

ExiledRed
04-19-2010, 07:23 PM
Nothing's changed, A 3rd tier team from one country might beat one MLS team, but be crushed by another.

as far as TFC goes, a 3rd Liga team from any country could and would..... and yes they're easy to exhaust so other teams capitalise on that.

ensco
04-19-2010, 07:37 PM
^Where have you been?

Bombonera
04-19-2010, 07:45 PM
BASed on what I saw duringthe TFC-COLORADO game, I am thinking Aussie rules fits the bill....
Except that Casey would have gotten his ass kicked for dropping like a leaf in the second, and JDG would ahve been fired for getting out of the way of an otherwise mediocre and not rocket like free kick.
Not sure what happened to Football around here. NOt Sure Gerba knows either Although I do think he looks more like a linebacker than a striker... hmmmm....

alex andrew
04-19-2010, 08:26 PM
there is so much football these days, it's everywhere, it's everyday,

i cannot follow all the roma-lazios, manu-mancities, real barcas.

and i don't want to, all i want is the last twenty minutes, the first periods are worthless for me.

gimme 70 to 90, or better, gimme 85 to 93 and i will know.

two hours of a state of the art football meddley a week are enough to keep me in shape.

one hour ?

and everything happens late in the second period.

crush, crush, crush, grind, grind, grind, gottcha !

flatpicker
04-19-2010, 08:33 PM
^Where have you been?

No kidding... not enough Exiled these days!