PDA

View Full Version : If Toronto Makes the playoffs, do you still want Mo Gone?

J .
04-19-2010, 01:43 PM
If Toronto makes the playoffs, do you still want Mo gone?

trane
04-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Dreams are a great thing to have.

Whoop
04-19-2010, 01:45 PM
The only way he saves his job is if TFC wins the MLS Cup.

TFCRegina
Yes, and here is why.

He didn't build this team. It's Preki's team. There's a reason why Preki jettisoned so many players when he came in. They were bloody useless. Mo signed so many unnecessary players to guaranteed contracts and pandered to our every whim.

I want MLSE to just ignore what we have to say about players this season.

We're never going to get better if we're dropping and signing 9 players a year.

Pachuco
Absolutely. If we win the cup, Mo needs to go. If we win the cup you can pretty much point to Preki for that one. It's no secret this is his team he is building. I lost all respect for Mo when he let Preki dismantle the team he had built. Up until this year he was doing a respectable job. We were on our way to playoffs this year.

Red Baron
04-19-2010, 01:47 PM
no chance we're making the playoffs

ilikemusic
04-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Yes.

Simply making the playoffs was not supposed to be our fourth year goal.

CretanBull
04-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Yes.

I don't want Mo fired because of wins/losses this year, I want him held accountable for last year.

drewski
04-19-2010, 01:56 PM
yes, because if they do, it won't be because of him (the team is now being put toegther by preki, not mo), it will be in spite of him.

Dirk Diggler
04-19-2010, 01:58 PM
I have wanted him gone since last year. This year is just gravy.

tfcleeds
04-19-2010, 02:02 PM
I want Mo gone even if we make the playoffs (pipe dream as that seems right now) but you just know if we do, it will be the thing that keeps him on for another year. It's the typical MLSE thing to do.

Hitcho
04-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Yes, he is bad news for this club, not just in terms of the dismal results record for three (and a bit) years now, but also because of the poisonous relationships he creates with everyone from his own players and coaches to other GMs. Toronto FC now has a stink about it and a reputation that will take some time to get rid of, but it won't start to fade until Mo has gone. It's bad enough trying to get some players to Canada, we don't need that on top.

Put it another way - weigh up the positive aspects of Mo's tenure (there are a few, I admit) and then balance them against the negative. For me, the equation points firmly towards the door.

grizzle
04-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Yes, because if we get there at this point I don't think it has anything to do with Mo. The way the this season has been handled so far is a complete joke, and he has also made this team very undesireable for potential prospects given his revolving door of players.

Darlofletch
04-19-2010, 02:10 PM
make the playoffs? I still want him gone.

If we won MLS cup (I know, I know, hilarious, but bear with me) then you'd have to say that something's gone right, and if we're going to blame him for everything that's gone wrong, we'd have to give him credit for things going right, somehow. and he'd deserve to stay.

Do i think that will happen? not a fricking chance, so let's just get rid of him before he has the chance to do something ridiculous in an attempt to keep his job.

edit: though if he does end up staying, hopefully he'd be shuffled to some other position where he has less to do with the team on a day to day basis.

nascarguy
04-19-2010, 02:10 PM
The only way he saves his job is if TFC wins the MLS Cup.
no I do not care he is gone

Super
04-19-2010, 02:15 PM
I think the important thing to remember here is that most supporters aren't mad at Preki or the players. Heck, even MLSE. It's Mo that we're done with - and regardless of what he brings to the table, or results we may get, we'll want him gone.

Wait long enough on getting rid of Mo, and you'll see Tom Anselmi added to the eternal shit-list of TFC supporters. Get rid of Mo now, and Tom will earn a LOT of respect from us. I wish someone would clue him in on that.

Nuvinho
04-19-2010, 02:20 PM
YES I want him gone.

billyfly
04-19-2010, 02:22 PM
No Jim Mora references yet?

TFCRegina
04-19-2010, 02:36 PM
No Jim Mora references yet?

PLAYOFFS? You're talking about playoffs?

Qwq7BYOnDrM

ManUtd4ever
04-19-2010, 02:43 PM
Yes, but Mo will not be fired if TFC makes the playoffs...

Redcoe15
04-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Yes I do. At this point, if TFC make the playoffs it will be a fluke. I'd rather have a side that makes the playoffs on a consistent basis than to just squeak in if they're lucky. This is where Mo has gotten us now in his fourth year of his five year plan. Time for Mo to leave.

CoachGT
04-19-2010, 02:45 PM
Playoffs???? Be thankful there is no relegation......

CretanBull
04-19-2010, 02:48 PM
If the MLS had relegation, we'd have fallen so far that TFC's next game would be in the Durham men's rec league!

bgnewf
04-19-2010, 02:52 PM
If we go on a tear and win the Supporters Shield and go deep into the playoffs then a lot of us will be eating Crow and complimenting Mo on a job well done. This kind of turn around would of course mean that he had built a MLS team that could compete week in and week out. Hope he does this but it is unlikely based on what has happened previously.

If we do get into the playoffs then I think it would be fair to state that most fans think it'll by the skin of our teeth. If we get in and are blown away early then I do not think that'll be enough to save his job per se.

As well the Voyageur's Cup is coming soon and I think that if we crash out of this tournament there might be enough fan resentment out there for TFC to act and can him earlier than the end of the season.

Super
04-19-2010, 02:52 PM
If the MLS had relegation, we'd have fallen so far that TFC's next game would be in the Durham men's rec league!

Where we'd lose our weekend game 3-1 to the WonderBoyz. But good thing is that there are a lot of positives to take out of the game - said coach.

Super
04-19-2010, 02:53 PM
If we go on a tear and win the Supporters Shield and go deep into the playoffs then a lot of us will be eating Crow and complimenting Mo on a job well done. This kins of turn around would of course mean that he had built a MLS team that could compete week in and week out.

I honestly don't think we'd give Mo ANY credit for anything good that may come our way. When we win: Preki and players get the credit. When we lose: Mo is blamed. We've reached a point of no return where we just want Mo gone - regardless of results.

koryo
04-19-2010, 02:55 PM
Too damage has been done. Johnston cannot stay regardless.

Globetrotter
04-19-2010, 03:12 PM
We asked the exact same question last September.

Enough said.

Gixmo
04-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Playoffs???? Be thankful there is no relegation......

Imagine if there was eh... You get a a year grace, then whammy we'd be playing Forest City FC

Number Ten
04-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Playoffs? Get off the crack.

Bringing in Preki is just ONE MORE REASON why Mo must go. Preki lost the team during pre-season and he's not gonna win them back. Cut losses (both these clowns and Anselme) asap so that we can have some hope for this season.

jimiv
04-19-2010, 04:07 PM
I'd like him out with enough time for TFC to make the playoffs....

J .
04-19-2010, 04:49 PM
We should have made the playoffs last year and our team didnt show up when they could have destroyed the worst team in MLS. That is on the players and I believe the cancerous players have been let go. I like this team more than last years and if we make the playoffs, he should be able to complete what was started. We are beginning to develop tactics and defensive acumen which is what Carver was supposed to implement, but now we have an established MLS coach who will finish the job.

TFC should have tied Colorado if JDG wasn't a coward. You cant put that on Mo. He has made some mistakes, but has brought us in DeRo, Cronin, Frei, Attakora, JDG (arguably the best Canadian player available), Barrett and OBW. There is a good core of young players to build around and DeRo who is a top five talent in MLS.

If we are going to look at the bad, we have to look at the good and for me this year is the final judgement.

madcow
04-19-2010, 04:52 PM
Personally I want him gone and am willing to "rebuild" lol,with a new manager; that thought cracks me up. However I've got a gut feeling that regardless how we perform this year we will have at minimum one more year with Mo at the helm. Of course the MLSE company mantra will be "nobody can expect Mo and Preki to turn this team around in one year, that would be completely unreasonable; blah blah blah yakity smackity." But on a serious level using MLSE's tried and true "best practices manual" for their sports management teams as my guideline; I believe we're stuck with him until he either royally fucks up or him and Preki have a falling out and big brother is forced to make a decision. I hope I'm wrong.

MFG1
04-19-2010, 04:58 PM
I have never wanted something more.

ua-kozak_TFC
04-19-2010, 05:11 PM
We should have made the playoffs last year and our team didnt show up when they could have destroyed the worst team in MLS. That is on the players and I believe the cancerous players have been let go. I like this team more than last years and if we make the playoffs, he should be able to complete what was started. We are beginning to develop tactics and defensive acumen which is what Carver was supposed to implement, but now we have an established MLS coach who will finish the job.

TFC should have tied Colorado if JDG wasn't a coward. You cant put that on Mo. He has made some mistakes, but has brought us in DeRo, Cronin, Frei, Attakora, JDG (arguably the best Canadian player available), Barrett and OBW. There is a good core of young players to build around and DeRo who is a top five talent in MLS.

If we are going to look at the bad, we have to look at the good and for me this year is the final judgement.
THis is EXACTLY what MO johnston has said every freaking preseason and at the end of everyfreking failure in the last 4 years.
There was a good core in 2007.. in 2008... in 2009. 75 players in 3 seasons!!! that is a new team every season and SHIT everytime. He had more than enough time ... now its time for him to be let go. And let someone else give it a try...

ps: you sound WAY too much like Mo...

J .
04-19-2010, 05:21 PM
THis is EXACTLY what MO johnston has said every freaking preseason and at the end of everyfreking failure in the last 4 years.
There was a good core in 2007.. in 2008... in 2009. 75 players in 3 seasons!!! that is a new team every season and SHIT everytime. He had more than enough time ... now its time for him to be let go. And let someone else give it a try...

ps: you sound WAY too much like Mo...

Yup. Im Mo. There you you have it. Or, you sound like Mo, but trying to cover it up.

Moving to reality, why bother firing him at the beginning of the season? Better to let the season run its course and get the best candidate for the team.

OHARARULES
04-19-2010, 05:24 PM
Awesome poll

Of course I want him to stay if we make the playoffs.. LOL

King Tut
04-19-2010, 05:29 PM
YES!!!

STILL WANT HIM GONE!!!

Bombonera
04-19-2010, 05:53 PM
THe hell with the playoffs. We want to WIN!!!!! Yup, I am outraged. Totally and thoroughly.

nascarguy
04-19-2010, 06:24 PM
I just got back from the mall and seen a funny t-shirt it said "" This is the shirt I wear when I do not give I shit"" I'm thinking about getting it

Hustle
04-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Making the playoff's is not the point. We look like a year one team, and Mo sold the farm last year and put us in the position we are in now. If any team should be able to sign a 3 rd DP, its us, but that idea Mo shot down right away because we can't afford it?

We will be better off without Mo. Can it get any worse without him? Perhaps but I am willing to bet it could get alot better. But if Mo is gone, what happens with Preki? because this is Preki's team now.

gtaguy
04-19-2010, 06:39 PM
Hes already been here way too long for my liking.. I want him off this continent just to get my point across..

gtaguy
04-19-2010, 06:40 PM
Making the playoff's is not the point. We look like a year one team, and Mo sold the farm last year and put us in the position we are in now. If any team should be able to sign a 3 rd DP, its us, but that idea Mo shot down right away because we can't afford it?

We will be better off without Mo. Can it get any worse without him? Perhaps but I am willing to bet it could get alot better. But if Mo is gone, what happens with Preki? because this is Preki's team now.

sorry but anyone under the MO Regime has to go aswell..

ua-kozak_TFC
04-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Yup. Im Mo. There you you have it. Or, you sound like Mo, but trying to cover it up.

Moving to reality, why bother firing him at the beginning of the season? Better to let the season run its course and get the best candidate for the team.
Because nothing is gained by letting him stay to the end. Preki seems to be in charge of forming the team anyways...
But by firing him now MLSE gains a lot of things:
-most importantly the support of the FANS... i think the respect for tom anselmi and co. would rize a lot among tfc fans.
-time to look for a new one without doing it behind his back.. which might make him angry and he may do something stupid.
- the oppening of a position will allow people to postulate for the position or be interested in it. And consider it and not commit to other plans if they would preffer TFC...

Bombonera
04-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Because nothing is gained by letting him stay to the end. Preki seems to be in charge of forming the team anyways...
But by firing him now MLSE gains a lot of things:
-most importantly the support of the FANS... i think the respect for tom anselmi and co. would rize a lot among tfc fans.
-time to look for a new one without doing it behind his back.. which might make him angry and he may do something stupid.
- the oppening of a position will allow people to postulate for the position or be interested in it. And consider it and not commit to other plans if they would preffer TFC...
Why in the world should we respect Anselmi? For Firing MO? A "thank you" yes, but respect is earned.

ua-kozak_TFC
04-19-2010, 07:03 PM
Why in the world should we respect Anselmi? For Firing MO? A "thank you" yes, but respect is earned.
... it;s just to make a point... Ofcoarse he won;t be our idol or anything like that. But WILL surely have more fan support and credibility than if he keep mo incharge to the end of the season lets not even talk about letting him run the team a fifth year...

Bombonera
04-19-2010, 07:09 PM
A fifth year? I can't stand a fifth week!

ExiledRed
04-19-2010, 07:16 PM
making the playoffs means coming in eighth, we should have done this already, and doing it impresses me not at all. Jeez, when we started out we were team number 13, now there are 16 teams.

Mo/Preki need to do better than scrape into the playoffs before bombing out in the first round, to secure their jobs in my opinion.

Roogsy
04-19-2010, 07:39 PM
making the playoffs means coming in eighth, we should have done this already, and doing it impresses me not at all. Jeez, when we started out we were team number 13, now there are 16 teams.

Mo/Preki need to do better than scrape into the playoffs before bombing out in the first round, to secure their jobs in my opinion.

I'd have to agree with this.

Playoffs have been such a difficult accomplishment we forget that in the big picture, it's actually simply an indication of mediocrity, which we have not even been able to attain. It's pretty sad that our goal at this point is simply not to suck.

Shakes McQueen
04-19-2010, 07:43 PM

Totally agree. If this team makes it to the MLS Cup final, then perhaps Mo doesn't deserve to be canned. But simply scraping into the playoffs? We should be well beyond that meager goal by now.

- Scott

Bombonera
04-19-2010, 07:51 PM
There should be no question among us that making the playoffs measns a successful season... THe thought is outragious, daming, and unbelievably annoying.

Dcihio's goal to clinch a ties and last place at the end of season 1 was GLORIOUS in comparison to what it would mean to claim 8th place (or whatever it takes these days...).

Actually, that goal was glorious PERIOD. THank you Danny!

twistedchinaman
04-19-2010, 08:04 PM
I want MLSE to just ignore what we have to say about players this season.

If they have one thing they fucking need to pander to us right now, is to fire Mo Johnston. Everything else (save for horrible hirings), whatever.

jloome
04-19-2010, 08:24 PM
If we go on a tear and win the Supporters Shield and go deep into the playoffs then a lot of us will be eating Crow and complimenting Mo on a job well done. This kind of turn around would of course mean that he had built a MLS team that could compete week in and week out. Hope he does this but it is unlikely based on what has happened previously.

If we do get into the playoffs then I think it would be fair to state that most fans think it'll by the skin of our teeth. If we get in and are blown away early then I do not think that'll be enough to save his job per se.

As well the Voyageur's Cup is coming soon and I think that if we crash out of this tournament there might be enough fan resentment out there for TFC to act and can him earlier than the end of the season.

BWAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA.

THe idea that we'd even make the playoffs at this point is just ludicrous. Win the league? I wouldn't be apologizing to Mo, I'd be investigating the entire league for match-fixing.

Cashcleaner
04-19-2010, 08:35 PM

If we end up really stinking up the Voyageur's Cup tourney, I'm sure the anti-Mo movement will really pick up momentum. Playing and losing against teams in your league is one thing; doing it against clubs currently operating in a tier below TFC is another.

Rochdale
04-19-2010, 08:38 PM
The majority want him out but who would you want to take over??

Rochdale
04-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Who would take over?

Cashcleaner
04-19-2010, 08:53 PM
^ There are a multitude of coaches we could pick and choose from. And as there is no cap that restricts us with regarding to hiring coaches and managers, it's all a matter of how much MLSE wants to spend and who is available.

4evared
04-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Sorry guys,
Had a brain fart. Misread the question and answered no. I meant to answer YES!!!!!
Please forgive me.

MUFC_Niagara
04-20-2010, 01:21 AM
Totally agree. If this team makes it to the MLS Cup final, then perhaps Mo doesn't deserve to be canned. But simply scraping into the playoffs? We should be well beyond that meager goal by now.

- Scott

And really, making it to the final if we finish 8th does not mean we've made significant gains. Would you consider RSL a top team in the league because they won the MLS cup last year? I wouldn't. Big deal, we came together for a few games to get to the final. The next year we are still dealing with the same issues. The problem with Mo is deeper with wins and losses. Our reputation amongst players in the league is shit because of one person.....our GM. No matter how far we go in the playoffs, that won't change.

Shakes McQueen
04-20-2010, 02:17 AM
And really, making it to the final if we finish 8th does not mean we've made significant gains. Would you consider RSL a top team in the league because they won the MLS cup last year? I wouldn't. Big deal, we came together for a few games to get to the final. The next year we are still dealing with the same issues. The problem with Mo is deeper with wins and losses. Our reputation amongst players in the league is shit because of one person.....our GM. No matter how far we go in the playoffs, that won't change.

The point of the league is to win championships, so if we were somehow in a position where that happened, I couldn't really care less about our GM's reputation, or how we got there.

This is a silly theoretical conversation though, because that won't happen. The problem with Mo's reputation is that it's directly affecting the success of our club - our ability to sign players, the morale of the current roster, etc.

- Scott

volunteer
04-20-2010, 03:12 AM
If Toronto makes the playoffs, do you still want Mo gone?

umm.. you do realize by now that Mo just pulled that five year plan pile of horseshit out of his ass from the beginning, right?

of course his lying, stupid ass should be shitcanned

Fort York Redcoat
04-20-2010, 08:51 AM
If we win everything this year sure Mo can finish his 5yr plan. He'd have done it in the worst possible way but the would've done what he promised. It would also look terrible on the league that such a team could turn around and win it all.

This thread is dreamy.

ua-kozak_TFC
04-20-2010, 09:16 AM
OUCH!!! 80% of the ppl want mo out regardless if we make the play offs... I HOPE mlsintoronto sees this poll and passes it on to the upper management...

I mean if this is not a consensus i am not sure what is...

Ossington Mental Youth
04-20-2010, 09:52 AM
Kozak, dont forget this is one supporters group who represents a small amount of the people who buy the tickets, its a consensus of a small amount of people, a vocal group but a small group none the less

Darlofletch
04-20-2010, 09:53 AM
OUCH!!! 80% of the ppl want mo out regardless if we make the play offs... I HOPE mlsintoronto sees this poll and passes it on to the upper management...

I mean if this is not a consensus i am not sure what is...

and I'm sure most "depends on..." votes were only based on the most unrealistic of scenarios, I know mine was.

J .
04-20-2010, 11:29 AM
It appears there is nothing that can be done for the club for him to win back the fan base. I think onus has to be on the players to perform and often they have sulked and not done what was needed to win. Its tough to blame it on the manager, he brought in a ton of really popular players.

I hope TFC turns it around and wins the MLS cup....

CretanBull
04-20-2010, 09:50 PM
I hope TFC turns it around and wins the MLS cup....

I hope so too. I also hope that I win the lottery, marry a super model and discover the cure for cancer, but I ain't betting on it.

J .
04-21-2010, 08:15 AM
I hope so too. I also hope that I win the lottery, marry a super model and discover the cure for cancer, but I ain't betting on it.

I guess then the best thing to do is be miserable. For me, doom and gloom is not going to be apart of the very short time I get to spent as a supporter in the stands. :flare:

ua-kozak_TFC
04-22-2010, 08:28 AM
bump :D lol

bgnewf
04-22-2010, 11:17 AM
How Mo's message to fans has not changed in six months and why he reminds me of the "salesman" character on Family Guy.

http://www.tfcpics.com

__________________________________________________ _________

Mo Johnston = Snake Oil Salesman (http://www.tfcpics.com/index.php?option=com_wordpress&p=207&Itemid=42)

You all need to read the latest missive from TFC director of Soccer Mo Johnston. Here's the link:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/torontofc/article/799055--johnston-asks-tfc-fans-for-patience (http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/torontofc/article/799055--johnston-asks-tfc-fans-for-patience)

After reading the article from The Toronto Star, penned by reporter Daniel Girard, I got to thinking of who TFC Director of Soccer reminded me of....

And after some thinking I decided that he reminded me of the greasy/brazen salesman on Family Guy. You know him! He's the guy who can sell Peter Grifffin just about anything with a slick presentation and doublespeak in episode after episode. And Peter just keeps falling for it!

https://www.mezcotoyz.com/store/inventory/Family%20Guy/fam-005-006.jpg

But Mo, you need to realize that you can't sell us the same bill of goods anymore. We are not Peter Griffin!

The player turnover in the past few weeks and months he blamed in the article on the hiring of a new coach and of course the MLS labour negotiations going so late into the pre-season. That rings very hollow to many fans considering that no other MLS team (operating under the same restrictions as TFC are by the way) had nearly as much turnover and instability during the off-season as Toronto had. Not even close. He claimed that the Ali Gerba release was mis-handled by the club. Have to agree with you there Mo.

Mo was quoted by Girard as follows: "...We’re trying to build a strong, young core group of players here…We’ve got a new coach and we’re looking for a squad that balances experience and youth… That plan’s still (the) same..Do we wish we had another win or two? Of course. But we’re on track...”

He ended the interview with this message to the fans: “…Try to be patient. We all want the same thing you do, to win…”

Almost six months since TFC's horrible outing in New York to end the 2009 season and the messages from Mo ring as hollow today as they did then when he sent an email to TFC season ticket holders apologizing for the loss last October and speaking of his plans for 2010. I thought it would be an excellent idea to look at what was said six months ago as a comparison.

"...We head into next season with a strong core of players as we continue towards building for long term success. We already have plenty to look forward to including a full season with Julian de Guzman and a grass pitch being installed at BMO Field. My focus in the next few months will be on strengthening the squad at a few select positions, preparing for the SuperDraft and also getting the right man to lead the team..."

Six months on and the message is still the same...

A few " select positions" becomes 8 players out and 12 players in during our continuing "pre-season" and , if you can believe it, we hear today that there is yet another triallist practicing with the club. Unbelieveable.

Ben Knight, in his excellent "Onward Soccer" blog stated yesterday that in his mind Mo Johnston has lost the faith of the journalists in Toronto that cover the club. If that is true then they were the last people in Toronto to still believe what he has to say.

flatpicker
04-22-2010, 11:20 AM
For some reason your post made me think of this:

85cL1HisrNc

ilikemusic
04-22-2010, 11:40 AM
I looked up a Big Soccer thread from back in 2006 when they announced Mo as the head coach...

" I'm a bit surprised that MoJo was such an easy choice for Toronto. Not much experience as an Asst. Coach (or even as a head coach). He evidently interviewed poorly with Dallas and then his TFKAM team this year (in terms of talent acquisition, man management and tactics) was bad--just bad. That doesn't mean he's a bad coach but it seems like Toronto was in the tank for him--that they found him to be a really easy, obvious choice and his track record would seem to indicate otherwise."

“Actually theres more to the story. Toronto interviewed Mo before he was even fired. There is evidence that RB fired him for going to the interview (and his team's performance didn't help).”

“My condolences to Toronto and Good luck on your second head coaching hire.”

"Johnson was a bad coach by any reasonable standard. His leash may indeed have been short, but interviewing for another gig when you should be preparing for an important game has to be viewed as a slap in the face to the team and fans. That this guy still gets sympathy for being fired is mystifying."

"Seriously though, Toronto fans are in for some serious snoozeball. Losing is a given for any expansion club i just hope these two don't alienate any potential fans by boring them to tears, with the product on the pitch."

" I wonder if MLSE is playing off the Canadian public's sympathies for Scotland?"

"I can't think of any other reason why they would bring in MoJo as the club's first coach with his questionable record."

J .
04-22-2010, 12:01 PM
hahaha yeah, I think he's beyond patience with the group

Beach_Red
04-22-2010, 03:25 PM
I looked up a Big Soccer thread from back in 2006 when they announced Mo as the head coach...

" I'm a bit surprised that MoJo was such an easy choice for Toronto. Not much experience as an Asst. Coach (or even as a head coach). He evidently interviewed poorly with Dallas and then his TFKAM team this year (in terms of talent acquisition, man management and tactics) was bad--just bad. That doesn't mean he's a bad coach but it seems like Toronto was in the tank for him--that they found him to be a really easy, obvious choice and his track record would seem to indicate otherwise."

What this really shows is that Mo was in over his head form the very beginning. Why? Why didn't this organization do like Vancouver and hire a CEO for their soccer department with lots of experience AND a coach. Why did MLSE hand all these jobs to one guy with so little experience?

Sure, everybody wants Mo gone for good reasons, but more questions should be asked about how this was allowed to happen and how it was allowed to go on for so long. It's not like this was anexpansion team put together by people with no experience running a sports team - they had to have known this wouldn't work.

fetajr
04-22-2010, 03:27 PM
fuckin stupid ass Mo just ruined a good song for me.
gjto02iDNZA

J .
04-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Probably a name recognizable from the Uk diaspora in Canada would be the only reason I can think of why MoJo was signed.

I still think if he makes it into the playoffs he wont get fired.

gtaguy
04-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Gone Like The Wind.. Useless Piece Of Crap I Have Ever Seen.. There No Honesty In This Guy So Let It Be Said Seeee Yaaaa Mooooo.. Thanks For Almost 5 Years Of Garbage...

ensco
04-22-2010, 07:12 PM
What this really shows is that Mo was in over his head form the very beginning. Why? Why didn't this organization do like Vancouver and hire a CEO for their soccer department with lots of experience AND a coach. Why did MLSE hand all these jobs to one guy with so little experience?

Sure, everybody wants Mo gone for good reasons, but more questions should be asked about how this was allowed to happen and how it was allowed to go on for so long. It's not like this was anexpansion team put together by people with no experience running a sports team - they had to have known this wouldn't work.

The league bosses have picked all the sports operations people here since JFJ/Babcock. The suits at MLSE have no independent view.

It was widely reported/speculated that Garber/Abbott/Gazidis orchestrated the Mo hire. Why, I have no idea, but it may have to do with First Wave, and the fact that Mo still was being paid by the Red Bulls at the time.

Beach_Red
04-22-2010, 07:22 PM
The league bosses have picked all the sports operations people here since JFJ/Babcock. The suits at MLSE have no independent view.

Yes, and that's just sad. True, but sad. Might as well have given the franchise to the city with some kind of community ownership like the Green Bay Packers and Saskatchewan Roughriders -- avoid the middleman of MLSE entirely.

billyfly
04-22-2010, 07:24 PM
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/USA/MLS.html

Manutd #1
04-22-2010, 10:40 PM
MLSE are cheap bastards man the salary cap in this league is like 2.5 mil u fill the stadium every game, they sell tons of beer, food, merchandise, they are one of the only teams to make a profit and are one of the richest sports organizations in the world...So here is my questions players your have a cap so you cant buy anybody you want, there is no cap on GM and coach signing so why not go big? your not gonna get fergi or anything but money talks I am sure you can get a quality coach/manager.....also am I the only one who thinks with Carver(assuming he wa given full control of the team on the field) last year we woulda made the playoffs?

Also how can MLSE not see this guy has brought in more players then probably every team in the league combined in 4 years like fuck lol

Torontotonto
04-22-2010, 11:35 PM
Yes.
And don't let the door hit you on the way out...

:scarf::flare::drum::flare::scarf:

(Thanks for the memories Danny)

Bombonera
04-23-2010, 11:11 PM
MLSE are cheap bastards man the salary cap in this league is like 2.5 mil u fill the stadium every game, they sell tons of beer, food, merchandise, they are one of the only teams to make a profit and are one of the richest sports organizations in the world...So here is my questions players your have a cap so you cant buy anybody you want, there is no cap on GM and coach signing so why not go big? your not gonna get fergi or anything but money talks I am sure you can get a quality coach/manager.....also am I the only one who thinks with Carver(assuming he wa given full control of the team on the field) last year we woulda made the playoffs?

Also how can MLSE not see this guy has brought in more players then probably every team in the league combined in 4 years like fuck lol
yes sir, you are the only one. Carver was a mind-blowingly arrogant morron.

And the ony one who is more arrogant is MO, for thinking that he acould manage the unmanageable.. Mo goes.. Must go.

andyc
04-23-2010, 11:31 PM
Mo could win the fcuking world cup with this team and I'd still want him gone...

stuart.mac
04-23-2010, 11:39 PM
Probably a name recognizable from the Uk diaspora in Canada would be the only reason I can think of why MoJo was signed.

I still think if he makes it into the playoffs he wont get fired.

Totally agree. Southern Ontario has a very large scottish population (im part of it) and Mo back in Scotland is well know for playing for both sides of the Old Firm (Rangers and Celtic). Two biggest teams in Scotland make up for a lot of the scottish football fanbase in Canada.

IMO Mo only got the job because he would be a name recognizable to many British-Canadians, and he played the game.

However, why he has KEPT the job is beyond me.

I understand hiring him on as a coach for the first season of a new team, however how he got to where he is is well beyond me.

I think we'll not only need to make the playoffs, but have to get to the MLS final to have any hope of him retaining his job.

Its time we bring is someone who has experience, meaning not only do they have to have a large knowledge of how to run a football team but also how the MLS works and hopefully experience that is accompanied by sucsess...until then I think it is dark days for TFC.

And anything we DO win, will be due to Perki, because Mo has failed before and now we finally have a coach with a lot of experience.

Bottom line....unless we not only make the playoffs, but do well, Mo will be gone, but regardless he SHOULD be gone.

THIS IS OUR HOUSE....time to leave it Mo. :scarf:

Bombonera
04-24-2010, 09:34 AM
I am kind of wondering who in the world those few are that think "NO", he should stay.

I think if the question was "if we win the cup, should he stay?" then I might understannd some "YEs's", but...

J .
04-24-2010, 10:53 AM
You can click and find out who voted no.

I did vote no, I think if we make the playoffs, he should be able to finish out year five and then we should be a top contender. Seattle did a lot in their first year and it pisses me off they got Ljundberg and we got Welsh, they got Sigi and we just now got Preki. MoJo has made some mistakes. However, last season the players bailed on the final game, shitting the bed in a 5-0 loss. I put that on them, that is theirs to wear. I think we are short two wingers of being that club. That being said, I expect a lot better play from us going forward. I see a lot more battle in our lineup and if we ever put that together for 90+ minutes we are a top five club. Seattle is going to be a big test for us. We have a young club with a lot of upside going forward with or without Mo at the helm.

MarkoftheDrink
04-24-2010, 03:35 PM
I haven't read through this whole thread but I was thinking what would this year be like if we had made the playoffs last year. Wouldn't we have had to blow up the team anyway because of all the allocation money we needed? Correct me if I'm wrong but it's my impression that Mo bet the farm on the playoffs last year and lost. And even if he had gotten this team in we'd still be shit this year... what kind of plan is that?! This guy has no clue he needs to be gone ASAP, that is as soon as MLSE finds someone who's quality to replace him. IMO this team is rotting from the top down.

S_D
04-24-2010, 04:06 PM
^ We would have had 300K less allocation money than we do now LOL. We may actually have had to buy out Garcia and sign one less player than we have now.

NewcastleFan
04-24-2010, 07:12 PM
it seems like every year mo waits until preseason is basically over before bringing in the bulk of new players. it screws over alot of the stuff they worked on. and he has done this every year. so yeah, id say he should go regardless of where we finish up at the end of the year