PDA

View Full Version : What TFC need to be a really good team

raj100
04-18-2010, 06:24 PM
what tfc needs is a central midfielder who can control the ball in the opposition half. De guzman, cronin, saric, sanyang are the only central midfielders in this side who can argue that they should start, and in my honest opinion only de guzman and maybe cronin can say that they should play week in week out, but thats another days discussion...

i hear alot of people on here saying we need a new striker, which would be nice, but that wouldnt really change much, because tfc's problem isnt scoring chances, its creating them, which has really been slim to none, the issue is that there is not player in this side who can hold on to the ball in the opposition half, let alone the final third

De guzman is getting a lot of stick but the lack of a creative central midfielder is probably a big reason, de guzman's job is to sit back, get the ball, and pass is to the central midfielder, who then makes decisive passes, and at this point de guzman has to get the ball and pass to saric, who cant make a decent pass to save his life, or de guzman has to play a ball to a winger who should not be recieving a ball on his own half way line...

this is also affecting dero who constantly comes deep and loses his best asset by doing this, which is his pace. thus making him pretty pointless becuase he isnt a smart enough soccer player, in my opinion to make a killer pass, he is more of a ruthless finisher who beats his man...

a creative central midfielder in the fabregas/xavi mould, obviously we wont be getting one as good, will do this team wonders, and with strikers like barret and OBW who play off the shoulder of the last defenceman, goals will be coming left right and center

so mo if your reading this bring in a DP center midfielder! forget about your bed buddy dickov

ArmenJBX
04-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Doesn't need its own thread, and another DP midfielder would drive everyone crazy.

I agree we need some creativity, but we need a scorer even more. Only De Rosario has scored for us, so we need someone who can score by himself.