PDA

View Full Version : Julian "I Jumped Out of the Way" de Guzman...

Carts
04-18-2010, 06:05 PM
JDG's comittment was shown perfectly clear - loud & proud...

JDG showed it when he 'JUMPED OUT OF THE WAY' of the free kick...

He's here for his pay cheque - and that's it... Sorry folks... :(

Carts...

K1nG
04-18-2010, 06:08 PM
I partially agree.

deeznutz
04-18-2010, 06:08 PM
I agree

Pachuco
04-18-2010, 06:10 PM
For a guy supposively MILES ahead of the caliber in MLS is sure is pretty sad that he doesn't even know the basics of being a participant in a wall. I'm pretty sure they don't teach you to jump out of the way in Spain. Maybe he was worried about his hair getting messed up?

K1nG
04-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Edit: I agree.

Belfast_Boy
04-18-2010, 06:14 PM
i really don't know what to say. that was garbage. no excuse! just utter shite.

RedsYNWA
04-18-2010, 06:15 PM
JDG you Suck Donkey balls

TFCtoMUFC
04-18-2010, 06:16 PM
This isn't the first time its been obvious. He's a player that still thinks he is top notch, but stuck with guys way below him. Until he realizes he is here because he is of the same talent level, he won't have his heart in to it.

gtaguy
04-18-2010, 06:16 PM
i am now convinced anyone that comes to play for Toronto FC thier game goes down hill..

Stryker
04-18-2010, 06:17 PM
He's here for his pay cheque...

and to collect jerseys

DichioTFC
04-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Carts my man I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one.

I know people are disappointed with JDG and rightfully so, but this was one mistake. I can't bring myself to jump to the same conclusion that you (and probably everyone else on this board) has.

I still have faith in JDG.

Kilgore Trout
04-18-2010, 06:19 PM
his prima donna attitude is actually costing us points now. It's at the point where it cannot be tolerated.

Also, I'm sick of people on these forums talking about how he needs better players around him

I don't really think getting basic passes on target (I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT WHEN HE PASSES INTO SPACE) is too much to ask. Passing out of bounds and passing to defenders is not the same as passing into space for nonexistent runs, it's just flat out bad passing.

Redpunkfiddle
04-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Well he was the only one who jumped, which suggests an error in communication and planning. I hardly think he jumped out of the way of the ball deliberately. That's just exagerating the point (which I think was a dumb error).

dow117
04-18-2010, 06:25 PM
For a guy supposively MILES ahead of the caliber in MLS is sure is pretty sad that he doesn't even know the basics of being a participant in a wall. I'm pretty sure they don't teach you to jump out of the way in Spain. Maybe he was worried about his hair getting messed up?

In Spain, I thought you had to say "ole !" first. I didn't hear that !!!

DangerRed
04-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Carts my man I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one.

I know people are disappointed with JDG and rightfully so, but this was one mistake. I can't bring myself to jump to the same conclusion that you (and probably everyone else on this board) has.

I still have faith in JDG.

Dude, your posts are awesome. I guess you're not into the whole "results speak for themselves" school of thought.

Sonny Cheeba
04-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Well he was the only one who jumped, which suggests an error in communication and planning. I hardly think he jumped out of the way of the ball deliberately. That's just exagerating the point (which I think was a dumb error).

obviously he didn't do it on purpose.... miscommunication or not. why would he jump to the side and open a gap?

that's one big fuckup. unforgivable for a DP.

Carts
04-18-2010, 06:28 PM

Jesus man, watch the replay and you'll be shocked at what you see...

He 'JUMPED OUT OF THE WAY OF THE BALL' and its on video for all to see...

Watch it, and then comment...

Its sad, it sucks...

Carts...

BeerBaron95
04-18-2010, 06:28 PM

C'mon Tom !!

you jump straight up and maybe out... but not away from it like he did.

That was the worst wall defending i had ever seen from any 1 player.

Manutd #1
04-18-2010, 06:29 PM
the majority of players who look good and come to toronto suck.....blake for leafs had 40 goals comes to toronto and never found that form again. toskala looked good, sucked in toronto, raycroft was rookie of the year, he sucked in toronto, vernon wells was good, has been alright for toronto but not worth his money, Turkalu is just pathetic (10 mill a year, i am 5'10 and could put his numbers up pay me that) I know there is more examples but its terrible oh Komisarik,cunningham

Pachuco
04-18-2010, 06:29 PM

It's not that he jumped. He jumped out of the way. He ended up in front of whoever was on his left. The ball did not go under him which can sometimes happen. The wall would've hit his chest if he stood or jumped in the same spot. There is no excuse for what he did.

Wagner
04-18-2010, 06:31 PM
yeah, that was bad.
he also gave away the ball that led to Casey's second PK.
He played like garbage today.
I thought he played well in the home opener.

let's hope this is a blip not a trend.

I'll give him a freebie this time, we'll chalk it up to altitude.

Also: did you see the other guys in the wall look at him as if to say "WTF!!"

volunteer
04-18-2010, 06:32 PM
has anyone made a .gif of it yet? it was pretty lulzy

RedsYNWA
He wanted to save his ugly face

BeerBaron95
the majority of players who look good and come to toronto suck.....blake for leafs had 40 goals comes to toronto and never found that form again. toskala looked good, sucked in toronto, raycroft was rookie of the year, he sucked in toronto, vernon wells was good, has been alright for toronto but not worth his money, Turkalu is just pathetic (10 mill a year, i am 5'10 and could put his numbers up pay me that) I know there is more examples but its terrible oh Komisarik,cunningham

Seeing as hockey ,baseball or basketball has nothing to do with this at all I will leave my comments to just that.

and at least spell their names correctly :facepalm:.

Krasno.pL.
04-18-2010, 06:33 PM
You can jump! just dont jump outta the way.., its not gonna hurt that bad.
Set People in that wall or not.. you dont jump to eh left or right lol

Nuvinho
04-18-2010, 06:33 PM
JDG soon to become the Denilson of worst DP in MLS history?

I am suprised how slow he is to react to plays, its not La Liga, no fancy moves, get the ball out fast to your front men.

Stryker
04-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Looks like the JDG hype machine has broken a gear. People are actually starting to notice how shitty he's played for us.

Chevy
He wanted to save his ugly face

Speaking of NOT ugly, who is that in your avatar? WOW!

Shakes McQueen
No defending this play. JDG moved to avoid getting hit in the face with the ball. IT was inexcusable.

- Scott

calvo2612
04-18-2010, 06:35 PM
I don’t understand this why would they not use the money on a good young striker?
What did they think that if they signed this Canadian guy..that they would put more ppl on the stands?
Oh wait they are always full….just fuking awful

Manutd #1
04-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Seeing as hockey ,baseball or basketball has nothing to do with this at all I will leave my comments to just that.

and at least spell their names correctly :facepalm:.
sorry i can't spell their names, i wasn't aware i was in a foreign player name spelling bee. Also it has everything to do with this thread, it proves that big names come here get paid and do not play upto their quality

Brooker
04-18-2010, 06:36 PM
did he jump out of the way in order to not get hit? or did he think the ball was going high and to his left?

Bloor West FC
lets get the photo of him jumping and make a caption thread lol

Stryker
I swear I'm so mad right now I want to smash something.
If I saw De Guzman today I'd bitch slap him and his stupid fucking hair.

Krasno.pL.
04-18-2010, 06:37 PM
did he jump out of the way in order to not get hit? or did he think the ball was going high and to his left?

LOL u dont assume where the ball goes in a wall man..
LOL
YOUR IN A WALL.. You stand still or jump up. THATS it

BeerBaron95
04-18-2010, 06:38 PM
sorry i can't spell their names, i wasn't aware i was in a foreign player name spelling bee. Also it has everything to do with this thread, it proves that big names come here get paid and do not play upto their quality

Negative.

volunteer
04-18-2010, 06:39 PM
the looks on everyone else's faces in the wall + frei was priceless. need a gif

Pachuco
04-18-2010, 06:39 PM
LOL

Seriously...they teach this shit in house league at the local park.

Redpunkfiddle
04-18-2010, 06:40 PM
It's not that he jumped. He jumped out of the way. He ended up in front of whoever was on his left. The ball did not go under him which can sometimes happen. The wall would've hit his chest if he stood or jumped in the same spot. There is no excuse for what he did.

For the record, I don't think there is any excuse. I just think that the notion that he moved out of the way because he didn't want to take it in the face or nuts and it might get in the way of spending all the money we are paying him is silly.

I think he made a physical mistake, which included him moving off centre, equal in boneheadedness as any of the Garcia antics in recent past.

Brooker
04-18-2010, 06:41 PM
LOL

oh yeah I totally understand... but it would atleast explain why he would mess up something so basic.... maybe he thought he was playing for Colorado?

Manutd #1
I dunno if anyone has twitter or follows Devos but he made an interesting point and I would like to hear peoples thoughts on it...he said the wrong people were in the wall....i thought that to, for example nana was in the wall i would have liked him covering someone in the box in case it was crossed.....I honestly do not know if deguzman should be in the wall?

Redpunkfiddle
LOL

I agree here.

TheKing7
04-18-2010, 06:42 PM
I would do anything to get back Amado and Robinson in the middle of the park.

Stryker
04-18-2010, 06:43 PM
I dunno if anyone has twitter or follows Devos but he made an interesting point and I would like to hear peoples thoughts on it...he said the wrong people were in the wall....i thought that to, for example nana was in the wall i would have liked him covering someone in the box in case it was crossed.....I honestly do not know if deguzman should be in the wall?
Devos is another muppet just like half the players on this team.
He's not worthy of shinning Nigel Reed's shoes.

Terrace Greg
04-18-2010, 06:44 PM
I don't think it was a communication issue. It's one thing to jump (we see that in walls all the time). To jump and go sideways to create a hole in the wall? That to me was just getting out of the way. He looked really disappointed too after the match...having a nice long laugh and chat with Connor Casey after swapping shirts at the end of the match. Where is your pride? Where is your frickin' sign of disapointment after a loss? Where is your head at JDG? Just taking a nice paid ride for the time being?

I have no problem if we lose. It's not what I want to see, but if every player (especially the leaders) levae it all out on the field effort and heart-wise, then that's all we can ask of them. This kind of thing shows perfectly that they aren't even close to showing us anything like that.

Ridiculous.

Bluenose13
04-18-2010, 06:44 PM
For the record, I don't think there is any excuse. I just think that the notion that he moved out of the way because he didn't want to take it in the face or nuts and it might get in the way of spending all the money we are paying him is silly.

I think he made a physical mistake, which included him moving off centre, equal in boneheadedness as any of the Garcia antics in recent past.I have to agree.....The guy wants to win as much as anybody. He's playing in his home town in front of friends & family & would want nothing more to see this team be successful. He jumped & it looks bad, I doubt he purposely jumped out of the way.

Krasno.pL.
04-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Listen it doesnt matter WHOS in the wall..
Your Keeper sets it up.. 4man 5 man..
taller guy on the outside.. and STAND STILL AND TOGETHER

Mango Kid
04-18-2010, 06:49 PM
DP = Designated Pussy.

What a bitch move diving out of the way.

MUFC_Niagara
04-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Damn right Carts.

Nuvinho
04-18-2010, 06:52 PM
bench him next game....screw the excuses...just say next game, that he is benched because lack of performance...no more he has the flu, blah, blah, etc.

LaBrocca-Cronin in the middle for next game.

raj100
04-18-2010, 06:52 PM
seeing alot of de guzman hate, he was wrong for jumping out of the wway of the ball
but to back up a bit of the rest of his play...

De guzman is getting a lot of stick but the lack of a creative central midfielder is probably a big reason, de guzman's job is to sit back, get the ball, and pass is to the central midfielder, who then makes decisive passes, and at this point de guzman has to get the ball and pass to saric, who cant make a decent pass to save his life, or de guzman has to play a ball to a winger who should not be recieving a ball on his own half way line...

this was just taken from my other thread which was closed about saying how tfc needs a creative central midfielder more than a striker

Krasno.pL.
04-18-2010, 06:53 PM
seeing alot of de guzman hate, he was wrong for jumping out of the wway of the ball
but to back up a bit of the rest of his play...

De guzman is getting a lot of stick but the lack of a creative central midfielder is probably a big reason, de guzman's job is to sit back, get the ball, and pass is to the central midfielder, who then makes decisive passes, and at this point de guzman has to get the ball and pass to saric, who cant make a decent pass to save his life, or de guzman has to play a ball to a winger who should not be recieving a ball on his own half way line...

and he's doing that at 45 %.. lets see him at 110%

Roogsy
04-18-2010, 06:55 PM
We have a post-game thread and other discussions on JDG.

We will close this one down and let the convo run in the other threads. Thanks guys.

Carts
04-18-2010, 07:00 PM
I have to agree.....The guy wants to win as much as anybody. He's playing in his home town in front of friends & family & would want nothing more to see this team be successful. He jumped & it looks bad, I doubt he purposely jumped out of the way.

Sorry bud, he jumped out of the way...

He did... It sucks... :( But he did...

Carts...