Pages : [1] 2

twistedchinaman
04-18-2010, 05:52 PM
It all just fell apart.

Discuss.

Krasno.pL.
04-18-2010, 05:53 PM
JDG played well for 5 minutes..
too bad a games 90... WHO THE FUCK jumps outta the way of the wall.. if im Frei.. JDG buys me beers for a fucking month.
other than that.. same old shit

sulfur
04-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Game was boring. Deserved 1 goal. 3-1 looks like it was a wide open, high scoring match. It was none of those.

Damien
04-18-2010, 05:54 PM
Boooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deeznutz
04-18-2010, 05:55 PM
YAWN.....I just hear to listen to the sheep backing up this piss poor team....This is a joke.....BAHHHHH BAHHHHHH BAHHHHHHH SHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEP

Whoop
Even if this team improves, all these dropped points at the beginning of the year are going to bite us in the ass.

ArmenJBX
The Good, Bad, and Ugly

Overall team rating: 5.5
Team MVP: Dwayne De Rosario
Surprise player of the game: Jacob Peterson

The Good
-De Rosario scored a goal, and we weren't shut out. Where would we be without him.
-Stefan Frei had some good saves. How can we think about trading him.
-Jacob Peterson. Looks like we have someone here, when he's fit, I'd like to see more.

The Bad
-The scoreline, 3-1, adds another loss, making our record 1-3, with only 3 point in 4 games.
-Maksim Usanov with another needless yellow card, and giving up a penalty.
-Martin Saric, simply not good enough for this team and for this league. Needs to step it up.

The Ugly
-First Penalty: No handball, and even if the ref thought it was, he has to be SURE.
-Referee deciding that 3 penalties should be given in a match. MLS officiating is disgusting.
-Lack of effort, skill or soccer IQ by our team. Preki needs to teach these boys how the game is played.

Sidenotes
-Sam Cronin seems to be going through a sophomore slump, but made a good attempt.
-Ty Harden, Dan Gargan, Nick LaBrocca, and Jacob Peterson all made Colorado returns.
-Maksim Usanov became the Rapid boo-boy of the day.

(On another note, should this type of segment remain in the post game thread, or have a thread of its own?)

BeerBaron95
04-18-2010, 05:56 PM
YAWN.....I just hear to listen to the sheep backing up this piss poor team....This is a joke.....BAHHHHH BAHHHHHH BAHHHHHHH SHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEP

:picard:

Sonny Cheeba
Vancouver and Montreal are probably licking their chops right about now.

twistedchinaman

I seriously hope they don't appear, because seriously...some of this game is just unforgiveable.

Gazza
Have fun the rest of the year people...I literally laughed like a lunatic for most of this game, i can't dedicate anymore time to this team and this league.

Enjoy the rest of the season!

sulfur
04-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Change this thread title. The Rapids are not crap. I would trade every single one of our players for theirs.
Dude... we already did that! :D

twistedchinaman
Change this thread title. The Rapids are not crap. I would trade every single one of our players for theirs.

We are the crappy team. We are not even a team. I love TFC and I always will, but we are the worst team in the MLS, no doubt. No effort, no skill, no threat, we are just a constant fucking pain to watch. I'm getting fed up with this shit.

When are we going to have a team.

When is Mo Johnston going to realize this isn't working.

I know we gotta be patient, but this is amateur hour x10000, and I can't even bare to watch this anymore. :(

From what I've seen, they're not much better. I stand by the post title.

deeznutz
But the sheep will still sing every game to the borg......FUCK THIS! I am not backing this team up anymore untill they change! I aint no fucking sheep!

TFC USA
Can we lobby to have all of our games at BMO?

ArmenJBX
Seriously, Preki should sit these boys down and make them play FIFA 10 for hours on end. At least they'll figure out how the fucking game is played, rather then this long ball, shit pass, no vision thing that TFC calls football.

DangerRed
04-18-2010, 05:58 PM
This was a horrible, boring game to watch, from both sides of the ball. With that said, we have a DP who avoids the ball when he's part of a freekick wall, which blows my mind.

Everytime from now on he shakes his head at someone missing one of his passes, he should get punched in the head. He's just as bad as all the others.

Also, Garcia didn't play. What's our excuse now?

twistedchinaman
Have fun the rest of the year people...I literally laughed like a lunatic for most of this game, i can't dedicate anymore time to this team and this league.

Bye!

Brooker

in 5 years when we have a good team, your bandwagon ass will be back. ;)

:facepalm:

dannyd
We have the dumbest group of players I've ever seen on one soccer team. It's frustrating because we have some good talent, but there's only a handful of players on our team with any decision making abilities and who can think quicker than a turtle... this really sucks...

Bloor West FC
Fell apart it was never together to begin with! Were shite, we played like shite we looked like shite just shite! I can only laugh at what I saw

Bombonera
Well, this sure helped us keep our Goals against average away firmly peggged at 3.

Preki is truly building a defensive jugganaut at the expense of offense with great success. OUCH

Whoop

Yep.

My gf just jokingly said, "Well, at least we won the home opener." :rolleyes:

twistedchinaman
04-18-2010, 05:59 PM
But the sheep will still sing every game to the borg......FUCK THIS! I am not backing this team up anymore untill they change! I aint no fucking sheep!

That is about as likely as the St. Lawrence River flowing backwards.

Batman
I dont blame the players. I blame the dick that picked the players.

TFC USA
I fucking hate Saric. He's a supreme liability.

Our only SOG was a PK and the other "shot" was a cross that was tipped away.

Disgusting.

MUFC_Niagara
JDG shootin' the shit with Casey....fuck off back to Spain.

dag
04-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Thank God, I've turned the channel.

justin
i think jdg should donate his salary until he decides to play for us.

TFCUNITED
I feel sorry for Frei.

sulfur
As I said in the match thread:

JDG exchanges shirts with Casey. Heh.

Brooker

when the going gets tough, it seperates the supporters from the bandwagoners.

cya later.

twistedchinaman
Fell apart it was never together to begin with! Were shite, we played like shite we looked like shite just shite! I can only laugh at what I saw

Hmm, two goals from PKs and from a free, not exactly a can opening of the defence from free play. It's just stupid fucking errors and boneheaded moves.

deeznutz
04-18-2010, 06:01 PM
Brooker facepalm ur face to the ground kid....We played piss poor at home with 1 man up letting in a goal and getting a lucky PK....We played 2nd half 1 man up and it still looked like even...Prove me wrong kid? you cant this team is a joke and your a sheep

TFC USA
1 goal in open play this season.

Fire Mo.

Shakes McQueen
I liked the de Guzman signing when it happened, and I still think we have yet to see the best from him. That said, jumping out of the way of the ball when you're part of the wall, is inexcusable. Julian played a terrible, terrible game today.

We came on a bit in he second half, tied the game, and then predictably shot ourselves in the foot like we always do.

This is quickly looking to become a lost season. There is no way Mo survives this campaign with his job.

- Scott

Bloor West FC
sam is wearing a colorado jersey dam that was the first right move today! nice and fast

Davenport
04-18-2010, 06:02 PM

Johnston has brought in players who aren't even athletes.
They can't run properly.

Cann..get back to Baywatch.
Peterson..get back to Bay Street.
Saric.....go back home.

I'm done.

deeznutz

cya later.

Dude your a joke.....

Brooker
Brooker facepalm ur face to the ground kid....We played piss poor at home with 1 man up letting in a goal and getting a lucky PK....We played 2nd half 1 man up and it still looked like even...Prove me wrong kid? you cant this team is a joke and your a sheep

lol. easy there tiger. have a sleep and you'll feel much better.

Dude your a joke.....

cheers. :)

deeznutz

Hope to run into you in the pub kid.........Take it how you want it.....

Nodoubtguy
This might be the worst TFC team yet!!!

Kevin
JDG shootin' the shit with Casey....fuck off back to Spain.

We can all feel this one coming. Should we now shift our attention from Nick G. to JDG? Oh geeez ... this one cost us $3mil? :facepalm:

Azerban
04-18-2010, 06:03 PM
if you say you're gone forever back it up or you're a fucking manchild

peace

in other news, we're pretty bad

Bloor West FC
Did somebody just try to diss Deeznuts! Hell no, bandwagen supporter dammit kid get your facts straight!

Whoop
1 goal in open play this season.

Fire Mo.

Isn't it 0?

Shakes McQueen

You should probably turn in your RPB membership card then.

- Scott

deeznutz
This might be the worst TFC team yet!!!

Your onto something...

adam1001
this team is a fucking disaster. Sure, we werent great last year but we were a hell of a lot better than this shit show. no creativity, no passion, no threat, not even 1 decent shot on net. whoever was behind getting rid of our best players (i e guevara robinson) should leave this city and never come back. we had a backbone to build on and now were starting from scratch yet again.

BeerBaron95

cheers. :)

LMAO

Brooker

Now personal threats of violence? Oh my! Unless you wanted to play pool or something.

Section 112, row 13, seats 6 & 7. Not for the Seattle game, though. I can't make it.

poppamidnight

cya later.

I moved here from Vancouver 5 yrs ago, and this Toronto mentality is pathetic...

you should mean to say "separates the intelligent ones from us idiots"...

You sound EXACTLY LIKE A TORONTO MAPLE LEAF HOMER,
...sad part is this team is run by the same fools at MLSE,

They fooled you simpletons once, now their doing it again...

It's a cash-cow their gunna keep milking until people actually stop throwing their $$$ away

Mo needs to be fired... It's as simple as that

TFC USA
Barrett for winger.

Just do it. I like him there.

deeznutz
04-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Scott your a joke.....Not even a member....SHHHHHHHHHHH zip it kid

ag futbol
Re-arrange the deck chairs on the titanic all you want, the boat is still going to sink.

There's not enough talent on this team, period. The guys we acquired from other MLS teams were not solid parts, they are bit parts, our foreign signings are shit (especially Saric), and our grind it out approach makes this the most un-watchable soccer i've seen since year 1.

I just want to wake up from this and see Mo Johnston fired. Then this team can move on with somebody competent at the helm.

JonO
Johnston has brought in players who aren't even athletes.
They can't run properly.

Saric.....go back home.

I'm done.
You keep saying you're done, but you keep posting nonsense. I can't even understand you any more...

twistedchinaman

I thought you were leaving?

DangerRed
I dont blame the players. I blame the dick that picked the players.

Really? Guess it was Mo who jumped out of the way of that free kick, then?

I blame the players just as much.

deeznutz
Now personal threads of violence? Oh my!

Section 112, row 13, seats 6 & 7.

Section 112 row 10 seat 3

Nodoubtguy
04-18-2010, 06:05 PM

Seriously kids?? for fuck sakes, lets not get pissy with eachother. Yes, out team suck ass......but that doesn't mean we walk away or get at each other

BeerBaron95

He answers your call out and hes a joke??

Whoop
Now personal threats of violence? Oh my! Unless you wanted to play pool or something.

LOL... you guys aren't that far apart... LOL

deeznutz

Whos making threats loser? Learn to read KID

TFC USA
Isn't it 0?

New England goal was off a cross so I'll count it as open play.

Davenport
04-18-2010, 06:06 PM
You keep saying you're done, but you keep posting nonsense. I can't even understand you any more...

Nonsense....fuck off.
I've forgotten more about the game than you know.

Shakes McQueen
I moved here from Vancouver 5 yrs ago, and this Toronto mentality is pathetic...

you should mean to say "separates the intelligent ones from us idiots"...

You sound EXACTLY LIKE A TORONTO MAPLE LEAF HOMER,
...sad part is this team is run by the same fools at MLSE,

They fooled you simpletons once, now their doing it again...

It's a cash-cow their gunna keep milking until people actually stop throwing their $$$ away

Mo needs to be fired... It's as simple as that

Sticking with your team no matter how bad they are doesn't make you a "homer", it makes you a true fan.

However, sticking with your team doesn't mean you can't mercilessly criticize or protest in the name of making the club better.

- Scott

Krasno.pL.
Any positives to take from this match?.. other than Frei?

Brooker
Section 112 row 10 seat 3

I'm not looking for you. You're the one who wanted to run into me at a pub. lol.

Like I said, have a sleep and you won't be so angry when somebody gives you a facepalm image.

It's hardly something to make you want to "run into somebody at a bar"

DoubleUp
I fucking hate Saric. He's a supreme liability.

Our only SOG was a PK and the other "shot" was a cross that was tipped away.

Disgusting.

He's a bum!

MrHawk
04-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Don't worry, Frei will soon find his way to Europe if he's smart.

Lucky for us, we still have Smoke's poutinerie.

Whoop
New England goal was off a cross so I'll count it as open play.

LOL... free kick though.

S_D
Re-arrange the deck chairs on the titanic all you want, the boat is still going to sink.

There's not enough talent on this team, period. The guys we acquired from other MLS teams were not solid parts, they are bit parts, our foreign signings are shit (especially Saric), and our grind it out approach makes this the most un-watchable soccer i've seen since year 1.

I just want to wake up from this and see Mo Johnston fired. Then this team can move on with somebody competent at the helm.

^ this

Nodoubtguy
Don't worry, Frei will soon find his way to Europe if he's smart.

Lucky for us, we still have Smoke's poutinerie.

NOM NOM NOM........thats all we got left!!!

TFC07

No, they're a crap team too. It's just TFC is crappier team!

deeznutz
04-18-2010, 06:08 PM
I'm not looking for you. You're the one who wanted to run into me at a pub. lol.

Like I said, have a sleep and you won't be so angry when somebody gives you a facepalm image.

Dude your user pic just says everything about you......

DUHHH DUUUHHHH GEROGE?????

Stryker
My thoughts on the game:

- Our designated paycheck has no heart and plays sloppy because of it
- Barrett was player of the game for the Reds
- Both PK's againest us were bullshit
- White's positioning was horrible. He was playing too far back half the time.
- Saric is garbage
- LaBrocca had a bad game
- DeRo made some bad passes trying too hard to force things
- Usanov played much better (Conner bowled him over and tripped on the PK)
- Harden was solid but scares the shit out me playing with the ball at his feet in his corner
- Peterson seemed comfortable with the ball at his feet while being marked tightly
- deVos needs to stop running off at the mouth
- I feel sorry for Frei

werewolf
why is everyone here getting so mad? The players were obviously not so bothered by the loss, they had to make sure they found someone to exchange shirts with.

Whoop
Frei isn't THAT good though.

Batman
Really? Guess it was Mo who jumped out of the way of that free kick, then?

I blame the players just as much.

That's fair. but Mo brought him on board. Right now it looks like the worst DP signing in the league.

Bloor West FC
ok lets stop with the personal attacks and looking for eachother BS, lets stick to the sorry ass game.

JonO
Nonsense....fuck off.
I've forgotten more about the game than you know.
Well I bow down to the all-knowing master

Saric.....go back home.

With genius comments like this, I can't understand why you don't have a gig in the game...

twistedchinaman
The Good, Bad, and Ugly

Overall team rating: 5.5
Team MVP: Dwayne De Rosario
Surprise player of the game: Jacob Peterson

The Good
-De Rosario scored a goal, and we weren't shut out. Where would we be without him.
-Stefan Frei had some good saves. How can we think about trading him.
-Jacob Peterson. Looks like we have someone here, when he's fit, I'd like to see more.

The Bad
-The scoreline, 3-1, adds another loss, making our record 1-3, with only 3 point in 4 games.
-Maksim Usanov with another needless yellow card, and giving up a penalty.
-Martin Saric, simply not good enough for this team and for this league. Needs to step it up.

The Ugly
-First Penalty: No handball, and even if the ref thought it was, he has to be SURE.
-Referee deciding that 3 penalties should be given in a match. MLS officiating is disgusting.
-Lack of effort, skill or soccer IQ by our team. Preki needs to teach these boys how the game is played.

Thank you.

And for those people who are done: GTFO. Now.

MrHawk
04-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Far from mad....................all you can do is laugh at this point.

DichioTFC

cya later.

+1 Bandwagon jumpers were blocked a long time ago. Whoever hasn't yet, I encourage them to do so as well.

Whoever thought we were going to win that game was delusional (we JUST playing on thursday, altitude was an issue as you could see from all the players at the end of the game). My hope was that we would be competitive and other than Saric's liabilities, we were reasonably meeting expectations.

Its a long season, another 25+ games to go. The schedule killed us on that game.

Manutd #1
the worst part is regardless if we win or lose the games are soo fucking boring last week was only remotely exciting because we won but most of the game was both teams losing the ball in the midfield this game was shit neither team deserved to win let alone a goal the quality of the MLS is getting worse IMO but i will see until mid season i guessi can forgive 4 matches in

werewolf

This is a post-match thread. Talk about the game, or turn on TSN and watch some more poor defence.

Brooker

hugz

dannyd
LOL... free kick though.

It wasn't from a free kick, it was open play. Why do people keep saying the New England goal was from a free kick?! I read that in some stupid paper as well. Jeesh sometimes it helps to actually watch the game...

MrHawk
Frei isn't THAT good though.

He had the most amount of ball control the entire match.

He's the only player on the squad worthy of anything better than MLS.

Nodoubtguy

Seriously......why get pissed?? the team doesn't look mad at all!!

DichioTFC
04-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Thank you.

And for those people who are done: GTFO. Now.

+1!!

Shakes McQueen

You never have anything intelligent to say when you're challenged on your cretinous nonsense. All you have are your ridiculous macho "o ya? wanna fight?" threats.

You're done with this team? Don't want to be a "sheep" like the rest of us? Don't let the door hit you on the way out, and don't forget to turn in your supporter's group card before you leave (seriously, the fact that you actually belong to a SG with this kind of attitude, is amazing).

- Scott

Fushida
Just go into every game expecting a loss. That's how I'm getting by these days :canada:

Kevin

Agreed. Of course, doing so with my palm in front of my face!

Davenport
Well I bow down to the all-knowing master

With genius comments like this, I can't understand why you don't have a gig in the game...

I used to and still have.

Whoop
Even if this team does improve - which I hope they do... but not counting on at this point... these dropped points are going to bite us in the ass.

Oh well... the one positive?

BYE BYE MO.

Fushida
You never have anything intelligent to say when you're challenged on your cretinous nonsense. All you have are your ridiculous macho "o ya? wanna fight?" threats.

You're done with this team? Don't want to be a "sheep" like the rest of us? Don't let the door hit you on the way out, and don't forget to turn in your supporter's group card before you leave (seriously, the fact that you actually belong to a SG with this kind of attitude, is amazing).

- Scott

Don't waste your time Scott. :rolleyes:

Sonny Cheeba
04-18-2010, 06:11 PM
brooker. please post a collage of Rick Flair gif's.....

Manutd #1
p.s. i miss robbo, dichio, and guevara, fuck i kinda miss vitti at least these players were exciting to watch most of the time......oh and i know hind sight is 50/50 but giving away buddle has to be our worst trade we never give guys time to develop

TFC USA
Please note our last MLS road win was the San Jose game.

Also note in those non-wins we've been outscored 25-7.

25-7.

Fucking sad.

BeerBaron95
Too many ppl blowing a gasket over this and its less than amusing.

HAWK, you wanna talk MMA and the shit show that was last night strikeforce card? LMAO.

And no im not trying to crap on the thread.

twistedchinaman
LOL... free kick though.

Exactly; set pieces are not open play to the best of my knowledge.

None of the goals today scored were from open play. Period. Slice it all you want but PKs and free kick goals are not open play.

And there is no justification for blaming Frei.

DichioTFC

- Scott

Damn fuckin right. Co-signed.

MrHawk
04-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Even if this team does improve - which I hope they do... but not counting on at this point... these dropped points are going to bite us in the ass.

BYE BYE MO.

Did anyone expect this team to make the playoffs to begin with?

Even Preki admitted this team wouldn't be that good.

BeerBaron95

- Scott

Well said Scott.

Sonny Cheeba
p.s. i miss robbo, dichio, and guevara, fuck i kinda miss vitti at least these players were exciting to watch most of the time......oh and i know hind sight is 50/50 but giving away buddle has to be our worst trade we never give guys time to develop

what kind of vision do you have man?

it's 20/20....hahaha

S_D

BYE BYE MO.

Too bad we will probably have to wait until the end of the season for it to happen.

MrHawk
Too many ppl blowing a gasket over this and its less than amusing.

HAWK, you wanna talk MMA and the shit show that was last night strikeforce card? LMAO.

And no im not trying to crap on the thread.

Sure see me in MMA thread.

Kevin
p.s. i miss robbo, dichio, and guevara, fuck i kinda miss vitti at least these players were exciting to watch most of the time......oh and i know hind sight is 20/20 but giving away buddle has to be our worst trade we never give guys time to develop

Fixed.

Krasno.pL.
Post Game on TFC TV

adam1001

AGREED..i miss 2009 tfc. Even though we didnt make the playoffs it was so much better than this. Fuck, i even miss cummins :S

Shakes McQueen
04-18-2010, 06:13 PM

This is where I am too. As usual, we've picked up a player or two who appears to be serviceable MLSers, along with a whole bunch of garbage under which the entire team collapses.

Mo needs to be canned, and this team needs to move on.

- Scott

Blixa
It's pretty much a given that we'll lose every away game. Any other result is just pure luck. This team ain't going anywhere as long as Mo is at the helm. He quite simply is fucking clueless when it comes to putting teams together.

S_D

Nah I didn't expect it at all and still don't.

I didn't think that they would look this bad though.

Manutd #1
i actually miss carver man he was entertaining to

TFC USA

Buddle wouldn't flourish here because other teams have an actual system to work with.

Whoop
04-18-2010, 06:14 PM
It wasn't from a free kick, it was open play. Why do people keep saying the New England goal was from a free kick?! I read that in some stupid paper as well. Jeesh sometimes it helps to actually watch the game...

You are correct.

I watched the game on a stream... thought it was from a free kick.

I mean how else would Garcia be able to cross it in without fucking up? LOL

MrHawk
04-18-2010, 06:14 PM
Nah I didn't expect it at all and still don't.

I didn't think that they would look this bad though.

TBH I did.............nothing was improved over the year, in fact we lost what made TFC a decent team last year.

twistedchinaman
04-18-2010, 06:15 PM
It's pretty much a given that we'll lose every away game. Any other result is just pure luck. This team ain't going anywhere as long as Mo is at the helm. He quite simply is fucking clueless when it comes to putting teams together.

This is where I am too. As usual, we've picked up a player or two who appears to be serviceable MLSers, along with a whole bunch of garbage under which the entire team collapses.

Mo needs to be canned, and this team needs to move on.

- Scott

Today is another nail that coffin; how many more nails does Mo get? Let's hope not many more.

Brooker
brooker. please post a collage of Rick Flair gif's.....

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/3624/ricflair1pd5.gif

http://i43.tinypic.com/b6dgty.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2gumez5.jpg

http://www.wrestlescoop.com/animated_gifs/flair_02.gif

http://fotos.sapo.pt/ric7060/pic/000qyyy8

Krasno.pL.
They Need a shake up.. just to WAKE them the fuck up.

jazzy

This has scared me for a long time......BTW...Just saw Caan after game on TV, He is class, said someone wasn't in the wall who was suppossed to be there....Preki had predetermined who was suppossed to in the wall, MISSED assignment. Seemed definitely upset, but a gamer..He wiil be a positive!

Whoop
04-18-2010, 06:16 PM

Playoffs?!?

Playoffs?!?

LOL...

TFC USA
04-18-2010, 06:16 PM

Then Mo is a fucking dipshit for not having this team playoff ready in year 4.

He has to go

BeerBaron95
04-18-2010, 06:17 PM
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/3624/ricflair1pd5.gif

http://i43.tinypic.com/b6dgty.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2gumez5.jpg

http://www.wrestlescoop.com/animated_gifs/flair_02.gif

http://fotos.sapo.pt/ric7060/pic/000qyyy8

Bahahahahahah.... I love tha nature boy!

Manutd #1
04-18-2010, 06:17 PM
TBH I did.............nothing was improved over the year, in fact we lost what made TFC a decent team last year.
what i dont get is how do u fucking change up a team soo much that only missed the playoffs by a point all we needed was another striker (which we didnt get) a winger(we dont have, although i like barret on the wing) and probably 2 cb's which we got and i am impressed with cann and i think nana needs to goto europe next year he is quality, oh i also miss wynne he was solid tonight

Blixa
04-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Any fucking idiot could put a team together in four years to make the playoffs in MLS. If you can't do that you shouldn't be in this business.

DoubleUp
they need a speedy guevara type.......uptop we have no speed and creativity.

dannyd
It Was Not From A Free Kick... Watch The Game People (stop Drinking So Much Lol...) (New England goal that is)

billyfly
You can easily predict TFC's year. 1 win on the road with maybe 2 draws. The rest are loses. At home you have 3 defeats and about 5 draws.

That's the season.

Whoop
Like it was said, we had some decent parts last year but due to cap mismanagement we had to get rid of them.

And no one better has come in to replace those guys.

So we're essentially TFC 2007.

Stryker
So who do we lose to next?

Krasno.pL.
04-18-2010, 06:19 PM
^ Seattle

Sonny Cheeba
04-18-2010, 06:19 PM
hahahah the one with kurt angle is killing me. hahaha

jazzy
04-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Preki is now on TV...very honest discription of the game....

stretchthetruth

seattle at home...

MrHawk

Seattle...............hahahaha that's a funny name.

Bars92
Well there's always the NCC. We should pick up some silverware there.

Whoop
what i dont get is how do u fucking change up a team soo much that only missed the playoffs by a point all we needed was another striker (which we didnt get) a winger(we dont have, although i like barret on the wing) and probably 2 cb's which we got and i am impressed with cann and i think nana needs to goto europe next year he is quality, oh i also miss wynne he was solid tonight

The team had to change because TFC couldn't afford all of them this year.

And certain guys wouldn't fit in with the new coach.

Having said that, had there been enough players in camp to actually form a team then maybe we would be into game 4 with the same lineup for 4 games... have some chemistry... etc.

DoubleUp
Bahahahahahah.... I love tha nature boy!
Flairs the greatest!!!!!

TFC USA
I don't think we're winning the NCC.

Krasno.pL.
04-18-2010, 06:21 PM

Key word SHOULD

stretchthetruth
the 2nd one, the woooooooo on a loop is fucking hilarious

Pachuco
Well......I for a change, was pleasantly surprised with some aspects of our game today. In fact, if you count all 90 minutes, that's probably the most consistent we've been this season. I would argue we played worst against Philly and somehow won.

Cann was actually solid today, second game in a row. Aside from his long ball crap (which I'm sure Preki doesn't teach) he is a solid defender. There's a reason why they didn't score from a running play, and I think today that reason was Cann and Nana.

Barrett turned in a real solid hour of play, what was with the no look pass? that was ridicolously good.

And now to the weak links of Julian "jump out of the way" Deguzman and Martin "break legs" Saric. Between these two guys, they must've given the ball back to Colorado or over 10 times. Julian in the first half kicked the ball out of bounds or to a Colorado player when he had wide open men. How about Nana saving his ass when he gave the ball up at midfield in the first half? These two, are the weak link right now. Dero is getting absolutely no service at all from these guys.

Usanov should be a midfielder. He's a liability in the back. He knows how to go forward but not the greatest going backwards.

Whoop

Not this year. LOL

Stryker
04-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Don't bet on it.

TFC07
04-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Any fucking idiot could put a team together in four years to make the playoffs in MLS. If you can't do that you shouldn't be in this business.

It's going to get harder next year with 2 teams joining MLS.

Fire Mo already!

These new players are depth players, not starters in this league. (maybe excluding LaBrocca)

Whoop
Usanov should be a midfielder. He's a liability in the back. He knows how to go forward but not the greatest going backwards.

So is he better or worse than Wynne? LOL

TFC USA
Have we ever won after being behind on the road?

Pachuco
04-18-2010, 06:24 PM
So is he better or worse than Wynne? LOL

Wynne would run circles around Usanov. It's not even close in my opinion. Usanov is as bad positionally as Wynne is except he doesn't have the speed to recover.

BeerBaron95
04-18-2010, 06:25 PM
hahahah the one with kurt angle is killing me. hahaha

best one is when he goes on a solo tirade and elbows his jacket.. :D

ag futbol
they need a speedy guevara type.......uptop we have no speed and creativity.
Thank you, unfortunately Preki likes all box to box mids and doesn't dedicate an AM.

This team badly needs that type of player to push the attack. There seem to be at least a few decent ones that hit MLS this year. Roger Torres and Juninho (LA) to name two.

One of many needs around here i suppose.

Whoop
Have we ever won after being behind on the road?

Of course...

Everyone's crutch match...

MONTREAL!

S_D
04-18-2010, 06:26 PM

Yeah lots of extra cash and blowing the cap through the roof did that LOL.

I like the looks of Labroca and Peterson (sp) but I am not sure about the rest of the players Preki has added. I am going to assume that they are just cheap filler for now.

We do by the looks of it need a Guevara type of player in the middle with some creativity, with a harder edge a la Shalrie Joseph. I know some people don't like him, but I don't think there is a team in the league that wouldn't like a player like him.

Shakes McQueen
04-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Well......I for a change, was pleasantly surprised with some aspects of our game today. In fact, if you count all 90 minutes, that's probably the most consistent we've been this season. I would argue we played worst against Philly and somehow won.

Cann was actually solid today, second game in a row. Aside from his long ball crap (which I'm sure Preki doesn't teach) he is a solid defender. There's a reason why they didn't score from a running play, and I think today that reason was Cann and Nana.

Barrett turned in a real solid hour of play, what was with the no look pass? that was ridicolously good.

And now to the weak links of Julian "jump out of the way" Deguzman and Martin "break legs" Saric. Between these two guys, they must've given the ball back to Colorado or over 10 times. Julian in the first half kicked the ball out of bounds or to a Colorado player when he had wide open men. How about Nana saving his ass when he gave the ball up at midfield in the first half? These two, are the weak link right now. Dero is getting absolutely no service at all from these guys.

I think this is a fair assessment of the game. Like I said - we do have some decent players. They are just beleaguered by all of the garbage on this team.

JDG needs to be taken aside into a closed-door meeting by Preki, and interrogated about where his head is at.

- Scott

jazzy
04-18-2010, 06:28 PM

And you're in 112?....I've been dissappointed for the last year and we'll be lucky to make the play-offs....but there are some players with heart on this team and Preki is the FIRST no bullshit coach we've ever had. Did you just hear his interview at all. The players are not going to rule the roost. There are too many good people at the games for me to shit on ANYONE, who goes to a game to enjoy the atmosphere.....yes Mo has to go, but in the meantime, they are working so I am supportting....I hope you know this "kid"....stay home then

Nuvinho
04-18-2010, 06:29 PM
Things haven't changed from a few weeks ago:

- We still need a RB and LB (I don't trust the new guys - maybe its too early to judge, but I have no confidence)

- We need a CB (Cann is fine, but we still need one more. I rather have Cann come off the bench)

- We need a striker (Barrett with someone else would be great - but that will never happen)

BeerBaron95
04-18-2010, 06:30 PM
And you're in 112?....I've been dissappointed for the last year and we'll be lucky to make the play-offs....but there are some players with heart on this team and Preki is the FIRST no bullshit coach we've ever had. Did you just hear his interview at all. The players are not going to rule the roost. There are too many good people at the games for me to shit on ANYONE, who goes to a game to enjoy the atmosphere.....yes Mo has to go, but in the meantime, they are working so I am supportting....I hope you know this "kid"....stay home then

On fire Jazzy!

ag futbol
04-18-2010, 06:30 PM
We do by the looks of it need a Guevara type of player in the middle with some creativity, with a harder edge a la Shalrie Joseph. I know some people don't like him, but I don't think there is a team in the league that wouldn't like a player like him.
I don't think he necessarily has to be as hard as Joseph. That'd be hard to find in addition to some creative ability.

If a crazy midget like David Ferreira can play the spot in this league, I think most guys can regardless of physical attributes. You just need to balance him out with a solid DM behind him and preferably wingers who will get up and down the field.

TFC07
04-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Things haven't changed from a few weeks ago:

- We still need a RB and LB (I don't trust the new guys - maybe its too early to judge, but I have no confidence)

- We need a CB (Cann is fine, but we still need one more. I rather have Cann come off the bench)

- We need a striker (Barrett with someone else would be great - but that will never happen)

You can add AM and couple wingers in that list.

Point is: we need quality players!

Brooker
04-18-2010, 06:31 PM
best one is when he goes on a solo tirade and elbows his jacket.. :D

LMAO! Jacket got owned!

TFC USA
04-18-2010, 06:33 PM
We need quality players but we need a quality GM.

Batman
04-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Seriously......why get pissed?? the team doesn't look mad at all!!

That's reasonable. I think depressed would more be the point.

I think mid way through last season we all felt we'd made a lot of progress. The the signing of De Guzman and Gerba also looked like progress.

Since then with a total dismantling of last years team, we've pretty much regressed to our year 1 standard.

That's a bit depressing as far as I'm concerned.

It's probably not too depressing for our players, though, as they haven't lived through it for more than 3 years like we have. Most have them have been here less than 3 months.

S_D
04-18-2010, 06:35 PM
I don't think he necessarily has to be as hard as Joseph. That'd be hard to find in addition to some creative ability.

If a crazy midget like David Ferreira can play the spot in this league, I think most guy can regardless of physical attributes. You just need to balance him out with a solid DM behind him and preferably wingers who will get up and down the field.

From what I have read Preki likes the hard players. No ballerinas for us :D

I don't think Preki would be happy with anything less.

jloome
04-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Today was interesting. We have a good defence, for the most part, in Attakora and Cann, Harden was OK, Usanov was shaky and spent too much time up pitch.

Saric was the weak link in midfield again, and Labrocca was poor too. JDG was shit in the first half, brilliant in the second, right up until that giveaway to Casey which almost turned into a through ball to Cummings. He was totally bossing the mid for about 15 minutes.

Then the wall fuckup and everything went to hell.

No offence. Preki was playing a deep defense and counter the first half to limit the damage by Casey and Cummings, then switched them to a forward-thinking 442 in the second half.

This "playing not to lose" shit is gonna get us nowhere. Can't win if you never score from open play, can't just play for ties.

K1nG
04-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Maple Leafs: Laughing stock of the NHL.
Raptors: Laughing Stock of the NBA.
Toronto FC: Laughing stock of the MLS.

Batman
04-18-2010, 06:37 PM

Marlies missed the playoffs too I think.

jloome
04-18-2010, 06:38 PM
I should also note that our transitional game in the back is non-existent when anyone but Deguzman or Cann touches the ball. That's a big problem.

DoubleUp
04-18-2010, 06:38 PM

Thats a direct correlation!:picard:

Krasno.pL.
04-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Hey the ROCK made the playoffs :D woo

Batman
04-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Hey the ROCK made the playoffs :D woo

MLSE doesn't own the Rock. Nuff said.

Shakes McQueen
04-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Since when does missing the playoffs alone make you the "laughing stock" of the league?

- Scott

prizby
The Adrian Cann "Ghost" "Hand" Ball That can not possibly be a penalty because the ref called it on what he thought happened not what on what actually happened. If the ref saw it, he would have seen that hit Cann's forehead and concluded that it was not a penalty...you CANNOT possibly call a penalty on what you think happened, you actually HAVE to SEE it happen...end of story, and if you can see, the ref was on a different angle, 30 yards away, and didn't even consult his assistant, who should have been in perfect position on the side to see that glance off the head!

ag futbol
...but there are some players with heart on this team and Preki is the FIRST no bullshit coach we've ever had. n
Unfortunately, the "no bullshit" thing isn't as good as it sounds at face value.

There's only certain players who want to be in and respond to this type of system. And it's not exactly the guys with good attitudes vs. those without that people paint it to be. He's basically a disciplinarian, some guys just don't respond to being run into the ground everyday in practice and having to conform to extreme structural rigidity. This is also exactly the type of thing that to pretty dreadful and stagnant attacks.

There's other ways to get things done besides bustin balls. Raptors learned that the hard way with their take no shit coach, Kevin O'Neil.

I want to see what Preki's got, but if it comes down to getting 110% out of garbage like Saric, we're going nowhere.

S_D
I should also note that our transitional game in the back is non-existent when anyone but Deguzman or Cann touches the ball. That's a big problem.

Agreed. We are just going to have to patient until we can get some more cash under the cap to move forward.

One thing I am happy about is we have a full roster so there is at least some competition for spots. One of the big reasons why Garcia is (hopefully) glued to the bench for the rest of the season. Last season, we didn't have that option.

AL-MO
04-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Funny, I am not feeling too shitty right now.

I pretty much expected them to come home with a loss.

jazzy
04-18-2010, 06:41 PM

I don't always agree with you, but you were very observant today...also Preki honestly analysed the game after and gives hope , no bullshit...Cann is determined and strong, we just constantly gave the ball away, the whole game, we have to control it and not panic. Too many PK's...Frei is a constant plus......Either we will stink or will play within ourselves as Preki wants and be the best we can....

Nuvinho
04-18-2010, 06:43 PM

I was suprised we actually tied it up at one point...then I got greedy and got excited figuring we may get a point..haha!!

Pachuco
BTW - Hate to be the one to bring it up but our back line looked better today and part of the reason is because Hscanovic wasn't playing. Not that Harden was anything special, but he was atleast somewhat smart. Having said that, we desperatly need a LB. If a Nyassi like player comes up against us again we are fucked!

TFC USA
Sounders, RSL, Chicago, LA. Those are our next MLS opponents?

We may lose every game.

Batman
Since when does missing the playoffs alone make you the "laughing stock" of the league?

- Scott

Tell me another company in North American sports that owns 4 teams in 4 different leagues, non of whom have made the playoffs.

Whether each team is a laughing stock or not, doesn't really matter.

Clearly there is NO culture of WINNING within MLSE. That can't be debated.

Brooker
04-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Sam Cronin has switched teams. He is now a Colorado Rapid. I can't blame him. Watch his interview.

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp

[NBF]
04-18-2010, 06:44 PM
What a fucking shame, and it did you guys hear the commentators rant about how good Marvell Wynne was in the CB role for the Rapids? Somewhere I think Robinson and Wynne are secretly laughing at TFC and Preki:facepalm:

DichioTFC
04-18-2010, 06:45 PM

I would argue the same on almost everything you wrote. The ghost handball on Cann and the broken wall were just plays that went against us but other than that "we didnt get carved up" like Craig Forrest said.

Shakes McQueen
Whether each team is a laughing stock or not, doesn't really matter.

Yes it does, because that's what he said. You've taken that, and decided to make a different point with it - a point that I don't necessarily disagree with.

- Scott

Krasno.pL.
I do enjoy Cann out there.. he plays well.. seems a tad over the top.. but he wins tackles.. and WINS HEADERS :) a big change

smtavare
04-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Toronto Marlies: Laughing stock of the AHL

common link: MLSE AND FALIURE TO FIRE MANAGEMENT SOONER, i.e. FERGERSON - BABCOCK - MO JOHNSTON

THEREFORE = FIRE RICHARD PEDDIE

Brooker
04-18-2010, 06:48 PM

I wouldn't say the Raptors are the laughing stock of the NBA.

A lot of teams would be accused of that before they would.... especially New Jersey.

ag futbol
04-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Sounders, RSL, Chicago, LA. Those are our next MLS opponents?

We may lose every game.
Not exactly the best teams to try and find your form against.

Even Chicago, while they don't have a great record, it quite solid on paper.

Batman
04-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Yes it does, because that's what he said. You've taken that, and decided to make a different point with it - a point that I don't necessarily disagree with.

- Scott

My point was MLSE doesn't have a culture of winning.

So I guess you feel MLSE has a culture of WINNING?

In what decade are we talking about.

Krasno.pL.
04-18-2010, 06:50 PM

But please tell me what MLSE can do ? To become winners? lol
SPEND MORE MONEY? dont think so.. hire the right people? possibly

TFC Cityboy
Not sure why anyone is surprised by today- we are a bloody shambles and thursday's win simply papered over the cracks?

TheKing7
I thought the slow pace of the game was ideal for us. Sure it was boring, but thats what we need to get a result away from home - especially in Colorado.

We need someone to push the attack - wheres Amado when you need him?

prizby

im only down because of that penalty (first one) and my feeling is the mentality was different because of that...although just before the free kick, i felt, wow wouldn't it be amazing if we came home with a draw

TFC USA
Of course...

Everyone's crutch match...

MONTREAL!

Sorry, meant league play.

In which case it's never happened.

We may be the worst expansion team to ever be in MLS.

ManUtd4ever
04-18-2010, 06:51 PM
I agree with jloome and Pachuco's analysis. I thought TFC was competent defensively for the most part other than Usanov's penalty and JDG's mishap on the free kick. The fouls called on Saric and Cann were ridiculous and ended up being the difference in the match. However, TFC created barely any offensive opportunities and were not deserving of a result today...

Batman

Hire the right people. Definitely. Mo hasn't shown any indication that he can manage a team... and he hasn't for 7 years in MLS.

Whoop
Not exactly the best teams to try and find your form against.

Even Chicago, while they don't have a great record, it quite solid on paper.

Chicago is 1-2-1.

DC United is 0-4.

I think we're worse than DCU.

twistedchinaman
04-18-2010, 06:52 PM

Cann and Barrett (OMFG I just said it, can't believe it...) were absolute revelations; DeRo was doing all he could, Frei was a beast...everyone else was just mediocre, and the trio of Saric, Usanov and JDG were absolute garbage.

prizby
Post Game thoughts:

First off, how many of us actually expected a result today. I bet if we polled, we'd have a majority who would have thought TFC was going to lose, 3 days rest, not a deep team vs. Colorado being mostly rested (yes they had the US Open Cup where they used mostly subs and that was on 4 days rest).

Secondly, the first penalty, i already dedicated a post as to how the referee made a big mistake making a call on pure speculation. I bet if you put that ref on the stand, and asked him if he saw it clearly hit Cann's hand, he would say no!

Thirdly, and no offense to Stefan Frei, but hell, when are we ever going to stop a penalty, I don't expect many to be stopped, but I cannot remember the last time any TFC goalie stopped a penalty shot. (remember a goal difference causes the game and the mentality to change, in reference to just letting that first one in)

Fourthly, the 2nd Crapids goal, yeah, it looked like a JDG mistake, but at the same time, I tried to put it into perspective of what was he thinking. It looked like the wall was too far over covering the far post, did JDG maybe think everyone was going to jump in the same direction as he did. Another thought though, pretty fluky that, that was the spot it went through, although yes, in the end, had JDG held his ground, no second goal

Third goal, i need a better replay, sorry

It will be interesting to see the Postgame interviews

AL-MO
im only down because of that penalty (first one) and my feeling is the mentality was different because of that...although just before the free kick, i felt, wow wouldn't it be amazing if we came home with a draw

I'm @ work so I was watching a stream of the game.

Maybe if I was @ Archibald's with the othe rYork Region guys, my opinion on it would be different. :noidea:

prizby
04-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Sam Cronin has switched teams. He is now a Colorado Rapid. I can't blame him. Watch his interview.

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp

traded jersey's with someone, but pretty funny made me look for a trade

Shakes McQueen
04-18-2010, 06:53 PM

What are you talking about? I directly responded to "K1ng"'s idea that all three MLSE teams are "laughing stocks" of their respective leagues. I in no way addressed any of these side points about a "culture of winning", or anything else.

How this all adds up to "So I guess you feel MLSE has a culture of winning", eludes me. I never said that. I never said anything resembling that. I asked how missing the playoffs makes a team a "laughing stock". End transmission.

- Scott

Terrace Greg
04-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Total frickin' GONGSHOW!

Where is the meaningful possession? Where is any visible semblance of strategy or tactics? Are we trying to push through the middle of the park? Keep a wide shape and out flank them with our 'wingers' (not that we have true wingers anymore), are we trying to play one-twos off a forward player who holds up the ball? Are we playing triangles in the corners to whip in some dangerous crosses?

No. It seems like the strategy is to just go out there and kick it about and hope for the best. Just play the ball and saunter around and make it up as you go.

Clearly this led to meaningless possession when we actually had the ball, but more often cheap giveaways. Nobody was working to get in good positions off the ball, so there was nothing on when we actually got it back.

This may not be the players fault, because they may not be at that skill level, or the necessary level of familiarity. However, that doesn't absolve Preki and Mo from dissolving our core group. For me, although we never scored prolifically, at least the last two seasons we were able to bring a ball up the touchlines wide with our Left or Right backs, (usually Wynne), and then use the open winger to pass to in the corner to whip in 'dangerous' crosses. This to me is a basic offensive play (and a popular tactic) in professional football. We don't seem capable of executing any part of this based on the last 4 games.

Quite simply.....we've re-gressed as a team rather than evolved. This is unnacceptable for me in our 4th year.

Brooker
04-18-2010, 06:55 PM
traded jersey's with someone, but pretty funny made me look for a trade

hehe i know but for a second I was very confused.

twistedchinaman
04-18-2010, 06:55 PM

Become winners? Yeah, that's too much work.

Spend more cash? No way, Ontario teachers would be upset they'll lose their nest eggs!

Hire the right people? Yeah, again...too much work.

Thorough Housecleaning at MLSE. Now.

TFC USA
04-18-2010, 06:56 PM
DC United is shit. I think we're slightly better than them.

Krasno.pL.
Thirdly, and no offense to Stefan Frei, but hell, when are we ever going to stop a penalty, I don't expect many to be stopped, but I cannot remember the last time any TFC goalie stopped a penalty shot. (remember a goal difference causes the game and the mentality to change, in reference to just letting that first one in)

Saving a Penalty is no skill :P...

Roogsy

One word:

Accountability.

Winnings teams have it, perennial also-rans don't.

Roogsy
04-18-2010, 06:57 PM

Saving a Penalty is no skill :P...

Sutz stopped one for sure...maybe two, I can't remember.

deeznutz
The team didn't even come out trying.....Watching the game was like watching paint dry on a wall....It is clear this team needs an act of god to save them and it ain't coming anytime soon....It is also clear that people here will support them the way they do with the laffs...And it is clear that people will no longer put up with BULLSHIT from this team after 4 piss poor games..But then agian it was alyways clear............

jazzy
Unfortunately, the "no bullshit" thing isn't as good as it sounds at face value.

There's only certain players who want to be in and respond to this type of system. And it's not exactly the guys with good attitudes vs. those without that people paint it to be. He's basically a disciplinarian, some guys just don't respond to being run into the ground everyday in practice and having to conform to extreme structural rigidity. This is also exactly the type of thing that to pretty dreadful and stagnant attacks.

There's other ways to get things done besides bustin balls. Raptors learned that the hard way with their take no shit coach, Kevin O'Neil.

I want to see what Preki's got, but if it comes down to getting 110% out of garbage like Saric, we're going nowhere.

Actually I agree with you, but with what we have now.....I believe it is the only alternative....We arn't getting any quality in the near future

Krasno.pL.
One word:

Accountability.

Agreeed 110%.. but we gotta start holding them Accountable.. or whoever will do that the best way

Whoop
04-18-2010, 06:58 PM
The on pitch product by TFC is the laughing stock of the MLS... Thanks Mo!

Off the pitch, well we are successful.

Dirk Diggler
04-18-2010, 06:59 PM
I wouldn't say the Raptors are the laughing stock of the NBA.

A lot of teams would be accused of that before they would.... especially New Jersey.

The Raptors are indeed one of the laughing stocks of the league over the past decade or so. Currently NJ is bad but they made the finals about 7 years ago and have had more playoffs success. The Raptors and Golden State are by far the worst.

deeznutz

DC would farm us left,right and center!

Whoop
One word:

Accountability.

1000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

And I would add

High expectations which comes from a commitment to Excellence

That NO MLSE product has... sorry Shakes.

sulfur
04-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Fourthly, the 2nd Crapids goal, yeah, it looked like a JDG mistake, but at the same time, I tried to put it into perspective of what was he thinking. It looked like the wall was too far over covering the far post, did JDG maybe think everyone was going to jump in the same direction as he did.
Frei set that wall exactly where he wanted it. He has his reasons for why he placed it there. It's not JDG's place as the second guy in the wall to question that.

Krasno.pL.

good point.. but my point.. .. You gotta guess a way and go.. 99% of Pk's should be a goal.
Saving a penalty is more luck than skill.. and Frei's luck on Pk's .. hes not guessing right.. or he's not reading the hips right..

LP The RPB
But the sheep will still sing every game to the borg......FUCK THIS! I am not backing this team up anymore untill they change! I aint no fucking sheep!That's not what the scottish farmer said when he had you backed up against a cliff with you welly boots on :hump:

dag
I know I'm clutching at straws, but given they played on Thursday night, and were playing in altitude, that the first penalty was a terrible call, and that JDG can be wholly blamed for the second goal, in some respects, we were just barely competent.

We've got a week to prepare for Seattle. Next Sunday will, hopefully, finally, help demonstrate that radical change is desperately required for this team. (I know, I know - we've actually already passed that point.)

But as I've said before, ML$E's results speak for themselves. I mean, come on - there is no commitment to excellence at ML$E. If you considered the season records of ML$E's franchises as equivalent to your child's report card, wouldn't you be freaking out?

deeznutz
Agreeed 110%.. but we gotta start holding them Accountable.. or whoever will do that the best way

Lol whos going to do that people on the board?

Whoop

Did he?

He was terrible at penalties. LOL

Smokecell
04-18-2010, 07:01 PM
It baffles me why people on this board feel the need to single out 1 player every time the team plays poorly and essentially put all future blame on that person. It was clear the team as a whole lacks a lot of skill, singling out JDG is nothing more than a cop out. It takes 11 men to win or lose not just 1.

TFC07
The Raptors are indeed one of the laughing stocks of the league over the past decade or so. Currently NJ is bad but they made the finals about 7 years ago and have had more playoffs success. The Raptors and Golden State are by far the worst.

Don't forget about Clippers, T-wolves, Knicks, Sixers etc....

Half of the teams in NBA are laughing stock.

Krasno.pL.
Lol whos going to do that people on the board?

Thats what im saying deez.. who;s gonna hold them accountable?

If your a DP you get singled out. Sorry

deeznutz
04-18-2010, 07:02 PM
Thats what im saying deez.. who;s gonna hold them accountable?

Not some people here they dont have balls to call it how it is!

ANTZ
04-18-2010, 07:03 PM
My thoughts after todays match, First off Mo get out lets start rebuilding this season with a new GM why wait for more damage 3 seasons not enough improvements except BMO Field!!!! Im not a fan of the formation we play and Dero's Position....my formation 4-4-2 using Dero central attacking mid along side DeguZ, White- Barrett up top striking, Dero the only player on this team that will bring ball up make a play or take the shot!!! Preki Change the formation and Use DERO Attacking central MID we will have better ball control an offence for a change and we might win a game!!!!!!!!!!!

twistedchinaman

By how much?

Shakes McQueen
One word:

Accountability.

The only accountability we can reasonably expect, is from the GM downward.

Anselmi is the representative of the ownership group, essentially making him the "face" of ownership. Team owners rarely fire themselves - private or corporate.

As long as Mo is held accountable for this debacle, and a good replacement is named, I will be satisfied with MLSE's role. If this doesn't happen, then I will join the MLSE-critical chorus.

EDIT: I should add that by "accountable", I mean he better be fired at some point this season. Not later.

- Scott

Roogsy

Alright Mr Know-it-all...how would you hold this team accountable? And have you done it yet?

Krasno.pL.

Lets hope those keep growing.. but like i said.. the only way Supporters can do things.. is u know the walk outs.. the not buying stuff. the signs..
is that gonna change MLSE's mind?

I dont really think so

Fushida
04-18-2010, 07:04 PM

LOL right, what have you done lately? Think you just need to take a fucking chill pill.

TFC USA
04-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Greg Sutton saved a penalty against Columbus two seasons ago (I think). Came way off his line but it was a save.

Frei's only penalty "stopped" was Conor Casey hitting the crossbar

Blizzard
04-18-2010, 07:05 PM
This has scared me for a long time......BTW...Just saw Caan after game on TV, He is class, said someone wasn't in the wall who was suppossed to be there....Preki had predetermined who was suppossed to in the wall, MISSED assignment. Seemed definitely upset, but a gamer..He wiil be a positive!

I'd heard the same thing as well. JDG wasn't supposed to be there but he was covering for someone else, possibly Gargan.

Of course Julian totally botched up the play but as he wouldn't have been part of training for the role (and why would we expect JDG to be in the wall in any case), it's no surprise it didn't go well.

Shakes McQueen
04-18-2010, 07:07 PM
Alright Mr Know-it-all...how would you hold this team accountable? And have you done it yet?

He does it by deriding supporters as sheep for supporting their team through the really (really) bad times, all the while ironically belonging to a supporters group.

And challenging them to fights.

- Scott

ag futbol
04-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Actually I agree with you, but with what we have now.....I believe it is the only alternative....We arn't getting any quality in the near future
Yeah the way we are now there isn't much choice. We're going to try to have to get blood from that stone, because we certainly don't have the primo talent roster that's going to play the beautiful game.

I just hope this team finds something offensively because I struggle to think of even one time this season where we've had sustained possession in the attacking third.

Brooker
04-18-2010, 07:08 PM
He does it by deriding supporters as sheep for supporting their team through the really (really) bad times, all the while ironically belonging to a supporters group.

- Scott

and at the end of the day, that's what a true supporter is. ;)

Fushida
04-18-2010, 07:09 PM

- Scott

TFC07
04-18-2010, 07:09 PM
How much cap room do TFC have left?

Roogsy
04-18-2010, 07:10 PM
LOL right, what have you done lately? Think you just need to take a fucking chill pill.

Have I seen Deez on away trips? Not that I recall.

Have I seen him at banner paintings? I've been to quite a few, (not all) and haven't seen him.

Even singing...almost the most basic of ways to support, have I seen him sing? Barely.

Did I see him at the protest last year at Gate 4? No.

In every meaningful way we as a group have shown our support for this team, I have not seen him participate. Now he wants US to storm the barracks and burn down the stadium for him so he doesn't have to do it himself. It seems he is used to others doing the work for him. If I am wrong, I am looking forward to hearing his answer to yours and my question about what exactly he is going to do to hold this team accountable like he is demanding from us, because I am quite certain we are already doing more to communicate supporter frustration to the team than he is but I'd like to see him prove me wrong.

There are people that talk...and there are people that do. Actions prove stronger than words.

Nuvinho
04-18-2010, 07:11 PM

In the words of Mo, "money is tight, but we are looking at a few players". repeat this quote every week for 4 years.

Brooker

Have I seen him at banner paintings? I've been to quite a few, (not all) and haven't seen him.

Even singing...almost the most basic of ways to support, have I seen him sing? Barely.

In every meaningful way we as a group have shown our support for this team, I have not seen him participate. Now he wants US to storm the barracks and burn down the stadium for him so he doesn't have to do it himself. It seems he is used to others doing the work for him. If I am wrong, I am looking forward to hearing his answer to yours and my question about what exactly he is going to do to hold this team accountable like he is demanding from us, because I am quite certain we are already doing more to communicate supporter frustration to the team than he is but I'd like to see him prove me wrong.

There are people that talk...and there are people that do. Actions prove stronger than words.

FWIW, I have seen him brag about being on probation to prove how tough he is. Does that count?

smtavare
and at the end of the day, that's what a true supporter is. ;)

There is fine line between supporter and sucker! do you know the difference, MLSE DOES. $ in the bank, crap on the field!

ag futbol
Probably enough for Gatorade and some towels.

So we could trade for another Nick Garcia if we wanted one.

Shakes McQueen
04-18-2010, 07:12 PM

I'll give you a hint: I hear Mo just hired a king size Three Musketeers bar to be our new striker.

- Scott

Chevy
04-18-2010, 07:12 PM
Ali's back?

Shakes McQueen
04-18-2010, 07:13 PM
Ali's back?

Hiyoooo!!!! :D

- Scott

Whoop
04-18-2010, 07:13 PM
The only accountability we can reasonably expect, is from the GM downward.

Anselmi is the representative of the ownership group, essentially making him the "face" of ownership. Team owners rarely fire themselves - private or corporate.

As long as Mo is held accountable for this debacle, and a good replacement is named, I will be satisfied with MLSE's role. If this doesn't happen, then I will join the MLSE-critical chorus.

- Scott

Who gives a Director of Ops, who hadn't made the playoffs yet, an extension??????

Why not say, "Mo, we'll deal with your contract at the end of the year."

Team misses playoffs.

Now you fire the coach and the Director... and bring two new people in. But no.

Now if the team misses the playoffs do you fire Mo and Preki? Just Mo and keep Preki? Does the new guy keep Preki or bring in his new guy?

The Raptors and the Leafs have been through these messes but they still don't learn.

Colangelo comes in but doesn't have a say in his coach. So he keeps Mitchell. Mitchell ends up winning Coach of the Year somehow so he can't fire him. But then has to fire him and keeps the cheap option, Triano, around. The Raptors miss the playoffs... who's to blame?

The Leafs fire JFJ... Cliff Fletcher - the temporary solution comes in - hires Ron Wilson. The Leafs hire Brian Burke, who decides to keep Ron Wilson around, though if he could have he probably would have wanted to bring in his own guy.

Of course MLSE could just buy everyone out... but a) they won't do that and b) you just can't keep buying out all your mistakes. It's not prudent.

BeerBaron95
04-18-2010, 07:14 PM

You bring up good points Roogsy lol

FWIW, I have seen him brag about being on probation to prove how tough he is. Does that count?

lmao.... that deserves an intergalactic :picard: