PDA

View Full Version : With the new grass what about Stalteri?

Alex
04-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Stalteri is 32, plays in the bundesliga for Monchengladbach with Rob Friend. I remember him saying in interviews he wouldnt come here because of the turf. We have grass now, hes a right back and has played for years in the epl and bundesliga, but hasnt made many appearances this year.

If anyone knows his current status that would be great to know.

Btw, please dont tell me he cant be a good player in this league, Im convinced he would be.

ensco
04-17-2010, 12:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNKSKIouPAE

ArmenJBX
04-17-2010, 12:35 PM
Yeah he'd be cool to have. We could put him in CB too, no?

boban
04-17-2010, 12:36 PM
It wouldn't be a good fit. His salary is too much for this cap league and he isn't DP worthy.

FluSH
04-17-2010, 12:37 PM
pass thanks...

Pachuco
04-17-2010, 12:41 PM
For Gerba money, sure. But he'll never sign for that kind of money. He'll probably demand DP status or Dero money which he's definately not worth in this league.

Alex
04-17-2010, 12:45 PM
ill agree depends on the money. def not dp

J .
04-17-2010, 01:05 PM
He would be a good player, but Im not convinced he would be willing to play for the type of MLS pay he would merit.

spark
04-17-2010, 01:11 PM
I'd rather sign McKenna, who can play literally anywhere and is worth the money.

reggie
04-17-2010, 01:26 PM
i heard MO(MUST GO) say in the past that he is not a fan of stalteri..

[NBF]
04-17-2010, 03:51 PM
i heard MO(MUST GO) say in the past that he is not a fan of stalteri..

Mo, wasnt a fan of Jakovic(CB) or Hainault(CB), but here they are playing in the league.

Kent O'Connor(LB), is available for Free Transfer right now and he's a Left Back.

Paul Stalteri(RB), i think his contract is up in June 2010.

Josh Wagenaar(GK), his contract is up in June 2010.

Nikolas Ledgerwood(DM), his contract is up in June 2010.

Lars Hirschfeld(GK), his contract is up in Dec 2010.

Simeon Jackson(ST), his team Gillingham is 1 spot above relegation in the Coca Cola League 1. He might be open to a lateral move in League 1 or we can make him an offer to play in MLS.

Jack Stewart(CB), he's playing for Carolina Railhawks and he's available also for a minimal fee.

There's more than a few choices out there this summer and I'm sure that San Jose Earthquakes and Houston Dynamo are keeping their eyes open.

CretanBull
04-17-2010, 03:55 PM
;982444']
Simeon Jackson, his team Gillingham is 1 spot above relegation in the Coca Cola League 1. He might be open to a lateral move in League 1 or we can make him an offer to play in MLS.

There are Championship teams interested in him. He's too young to come to the MLS, I'm sure he wants to prove himself in Europe before considering playing here.

Stryker
04-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Simeon's going to the prems soon. No chance of getting him here.
Rob Friend would be the true successor to Dichio.
He's 30ish so there's at least a chance.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-17-2010, 04:11 PM
jack stewert was already on trial here and passed on

Krasno.pL.
04-17-2010, 04:49 PM
There are Championship teams interested in him. He's too young to come to the MLS, I'm sure he wants to prove himself in Europe before considering playing here.

Cheap DP striker ;)

prizby
04-17-2010, 04:52 PM
lol NBF

Simeon Jackson coming here...i dear hope not at his young age (for his career to take off in Europe is better for Canada)

maybe when he's winding down a long successful career

twistedchinaman
04-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Pass.

Shakes McQueen
04-17-2010, 06:24 PM
For decent MLS money? Sure I'd take him. For big money or a DP contract? Pass.

- Scott

koryo
04-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Oh dear, do me a favour...

TFC07
04-17-2010, 06:59 PM
As long he doesn't get DP money or close to it...then I wouldn't mind him playing for TFC. He will be upgrade on RB.

Oldtimer
04-17-2010, 07:19 PM
no cap space.

jloome
04-17-2010, 08:54 PM
If Simeon Jackson were going to the prem, he'd have been snatched up by now. I can see him as a good striker in the CCC eventually but he doesn't have premiership on him. But I could be wrong, who knows.

I'd just like us to look at some realistic players. Former Man Utd youth forward Eddie Johnston is with the Austin Aztex in USSF2 and is so far above that level, he looks like he could easily be effective in MLS.

zeelaw
04-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Good if he is willing for a paycut.

superstar1976
04-17-2010, 10:03 PM
No thanks. I would rather get a 32 yr old striker that is a fringe player in Europe than Stalteri.....even though we could use some quality defenders, his salary would be too high.

KezmanCCCC
04-17-2010, 10:27 PM
;982444']Mo, wasnt a fan of Jakovic(CB) or Hainault(CB), but here they are playing in the league.

Kent O'Connor(LB), is available for Free Transfer right now and he's a Left Back.

Paul Stalteri(RB), i think his contract is up in June 2010.

Josh Wagenaar(GK), his contract is up in June 2010.

Nikolas Ledgerwood(DM), his contract is up in June 2010.

Lars Hirschfeld(GK), his contract is up in Dec 2010.

Simeon Jackson(ST), his team Gillingham is 1 spot above relegation in the Coca Cola League 1. He might be open to a lateral move in League 1 or we can make him an offer to play in MLS.

Jack Stewart(CB), he's playing for Carolina Railhawks and he's available also for a minimal fee.

There's more than a few choices out there this summer and I'm sure that San Jose Earthquakes and Houston Dynamo are keeping their eyes open.

some one like stalteri or ledgerwood could be a good fit for TFC... i dont think rob friend will be with his current club to much longer as he isnt the main stiker for monchengladbach as he once was... but i think hes more likely to go to vancouver if he was to play in canada seeing how he is from out west and the whitecaps are joining mls next season.... but i would love to see him here... simeon jackson will most defenetly not be comming to MLS any time soon... nor would i want him too because he needs to further develope in europe and be a stronger striker for our national team in the up comming future... the canadian players that i would most like to see at TFC at some point would be stalteri, friend, radzinski, klukowski and mckenna....