PDA

View Full Version : Respect for DeRo

Roogsy
04-17-2010, 12:55 AM
So I am rewatching the game on the PVR and I can't help but notice that the best player on the pitch in both games so far has been DeRo. It's a fact, not opinion.

DeRo was also the best player last year by far.

And yet, on a regular basis on this board we have people bitching out DeRo. And yes, I usually enter the thread and defend the man because I can't believe what I am reading.

Now that I am watching the game, the question that entered my mind was:

When is DeRo going to get the respect from us that he deserves?

The man has scored more goals in 1 year than Dichio did in 3 seasons.

He almost scored as many goals last year than the rest of the players combined.

As inconceivable as it is, people still deny him his rightful credit for almost single-handedly getting us our first trophy.

Right now, he is the only threat we have and yet is still getting chances.

He is by far the most exciting player we have ever had in our short history.

Has has all the goals for TFC this season.

He also played an important part in helping put pressure to get grass on the pitch (no he did not do it on his own).

So when...when are we going to give this player the respect that he deserves?

At the very least, I am tired of the DeRo criticism I see on this board. You know what? Our team sucks? And do you want to know something else? I can guarantee you that the reason we suck has nothing to do with DeRo. And yet some of the most consistent criticisms I see on this board are against the best player we have ever had.

Can someone explain that to me? Are we really that concerned with a stupid pokerstars commercial that we want to dump this team's problems on his lap? Do we really care if he is outspoken as long as he produces on the pitch?

And something I have come to realize this week that I don't think I knew before....he is also one of the most active players in the dressing room in getting players to socialize with each other and gel. I didn't look back but now that I think about it, he was by the most active player in inviting fellow players out and this week his kick-off party at Ultra had several of the new players joining him.

What else are we asking from this man who isn't even the highest paid player on the team??? :noidea:

He is putting his money where his mouth is. Every time I read a DeRo criticism on this board, I am going to bump this thread and remind everyone what exactly we have on our team and what our team would look like without him.

My god...3 goals in 2 games (almost 4). I am dying to hear what more we want from him.

morgank1986
04-17-2010, 12:57 AM
^^ Agreed.

Roogsy
04-17-2010, 01:13 AM
Quote from the ESPN broadcast:

Preki knows he owes his first win to De Rosario.

peterboroughtfcfan
04-17-2010, 01:14 AM
So I am rewatching the game on the PVR and I can't help but notice that the best player on the pitch in both games so far has been DeRo. It's a fact, not opinion.

And yet, on a regular basis on this board we have people bitching out DeRo. And yes, I usually enter the thread and defend the man because I can't believe what I am reading.

As inconceivable as it is, people still deny him his rightful credit for almost single-handedly getting us our first trophy.

He also played an important part in helping put pressure to get grass on the pitch (no he did not do it on his own).

At the very least, I am tired of the DeRo criticism I see on this board. You know what? Our team sucks? And do you want to know something else? I can guarantee you that the reason we suck has nothing to do with DeRo. And yet some of the most consistent criticisms I see on this board are against the best player we have ever had.

Can someone explain that to me? Are we really that concerned with a stupid pokerstars commercial that we want to dump this team's problems on his lap? Do we really care if he is outspoken as long as he produces on the pitch?

And something I have come to realize this week that I don't think I knew before....he is also one of the most active players in the dressing room in getting players to socialize with each other and gel. I didn't look back but now that I think about it, he was by the most active player in inviting fellow players out and this week his kick-off party at Ultra had several of the new players joining him.

What else are we asking from this man who isn't even the highest paid player on the team??? :noidea:

He is putting his money where his mouth is. Every time I read a DeRo criticism on this board, I am going to bump this thread and remind everyone what exactly we have on our team and what our team would look like without him.

My god...3 goals in 2 games (almost 4). I am dying to hear what more we want from him.

I concur. The only issue I've ever had with him is his public whining about his pay cheque. That said, I'm starting to agree with him. JDG hasn't proven his worth yet and Dero has been far more valuable than we pay him.

His performance in Montreal last year was incredible and you could tell that he wanted it so bad. He was the first guy that sprinted over to us and jumped into the stands after the final whistle. Big props to Dero.

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-17-2010, 01:16 AM
What is going to happen to TFC if he misses a game? I can't see us scoring without him.

However, this is kind of a "welcome to the Internet" post, people criticize other people on the internet, it's what they do. People cheer and support him at the games, what more respect do you want? Do think DeRo gives a toss that he's not getting he's not getting enough web-respect?

You're right he's the team's best player by miles and a tireless fundraiser for good causes. I just don't see the harm in people criticizing aspects of his play or how doing so accords him a lack of respect.

Roogsy
04-17-2010, 01:18 AM
But they don't criticize aspects of his play. They criticize things that have nothing to do with his play. THAT is what bugs me. Especially when there is so much else wrong with this team. Why concentrate on the one piece that is actually working out?

To me, that is where there is lack of respect.

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-17-2010, 01:26 AM
But they don't criticize aspects of his play. They criticize things that have nothing to do with his play. THAT is what bugs me. Especially when there is so much else wrong with this team. Why concentrate on the one piece that is actually working out?

People criticize his occasional selfish, or apparently selfish, play all the time. That's not unfair. I just don't connect internet criticism and respect. Maybe other people do?

Super Cereal
04-17-2010, 01:39 AM
I love this thread.

DeRo is the fucking man. I'm a Sens fan, and to me, he's the Alfie of TFC. I don't understand why he isn't treated like Alfie by the fans of his team.

Shakes McQueen
04-17-2010, 01:55 AM

There are aspects to DeRo, both on and off the field, that are open to valid criticism. That doesn't mutually exclude the opinion that he's our best player, or a good captain, or a hard worker, or whatever.

I'm not sure what the PokerStars thing is you're referring to, so I can't comment on that.

- Scott

Skinner
04-17-2010, 02:09 AM

Agree 100%!

....and to show our respect, he deserves a chant

Brooker
04-17-2010, 02:57 AM
as far as I could tell, he gets mad respect. where did this come from? couple idiots on a message board? par for the course. but hey if this thread gets him more, well done!

Agree 100%!

....and to show our respect, he deserves a chant

he has one. :)

I'm a Sens fan, and to me, he's the Alfie of TFC. I don't understand why he isn't treated like Alfie by the fans of his team.

He's a Ottawa fan and a Toronto fan. gotta love it. :o

GhostKiller
04-17-2010, 04:15 AM
what is the de ro chant?

what roogsy said is spot on. The criticism people put out there has weight, but there isn't a player in the world that is exempt from criticism. People are going to criticize, fine, but for all the criticism to come from the supporters boards is ass backwards. In all professional sports there are few people that carry the weight that de ro carries and can still perform. I fully believe that he is one of the most talented professional athletes for his ability to deliver under the pressure he is given.

De Ro for Mayor

T.Reis
04-17-2010, 04:52 AM
I think most of the negativity surrounding DeRo on these boards don't really have to do with his on field play.

Whoop
04-17-2010, 04:53 AM
I concur. The only issue I've ever had with him is his public whining about his pay cheque.

I've been one of his biggest critics and you and I have clashed over it....but it's never been about his performance on the field.

And the reason I've criticized is because he is one of the more influential players on the team and his whining of his pay cheque for example sets a bad example.

Either way, I have no complaints about him so far to start the season. He's been quieter off the pitch since being named captain and he has been one of the better players, if not the best player, for TFC.

Like I said, I never had an issue with his play...

But I'm with Shakes... just because he is our best player does not mean he cannot be criticized. Even Messi is criticized.

Hustle
04-17-2010, 05:36 AM
This thread is spot on. We have someone in DeRo who needs to win every time he steps out on the pitch. The man is self-confident and consistently backs it up with results so if he ruffles some feathers in the way he speaks, so be it. He is not afraid to speak on something he feels is wrong and its important to have someone like that in a leadership position.

torontocelt
04-17-2010, 06:49 AM
Quote from the ESPN broadcast:

Quote:
Preki knows he owes his first win to De Rosario.

And an idiot, thug of a defender... as well as a dodgy keeper... and a ref who gave us some pretty good calls.

De Ro is by far the best player at TFC, it amazes me that people are so harsh on him especially when he is one of your own, a local boy. TFC fans should feel lucky to have him, he obviously cares a lot about winning every match, improving his own performances and trying to make sure the club is going in the right direction. So he speaks out a bit but to be honest he only says what everyone thinks. I am glad he is doing his part to get his voice heard to improve things as it is obvious that there have been lots of other people at BMO in bigger roles who were getting heard when they did not seem to know what they were doing, see Mo Jo and Carver and Cummins beforehand.

De Ro is basically the only man that I can rely on from the team. To be honest I am surprised he has never tried to get a move to Europe, I am sure he could get on the books of a decent club. There are many English premiership teams that will have worse players than him on their books, I can see no reason why he would not be able to play for a mid level / lower level premiership team. The only thing that would stop him would be his age now but he certainly has the talent. As a TFC fan I have to say thank f#ck we have DeRo, I cannot imagine how impotent the team would be without him.

I

James17930
04-17-2010, 06:56 AM
MASSIVE RESPECT FOR DE RO.

I had some quibbles with his quibbling about his contract, that that's little stuff and all in the past.

He's done more for this club, both on and off the pitch (helping to get us grass, for example), then almost anyone else at the club.

Dude fucking rocks. Nuff said.

Shep
04-17-2010, 07:00 AM
If anyone has seen the movie Prefontaine, there's a quote when one of the athletes is standing with the coach, Pre runs by on the track.. the guy mentions to his coach just how cocky Pre is.. the coach replies,

"I'd like to bottle it and force feed it to the rest of you guys."

Applies to DeRo for sure, not so much the cockiness, but his attitude is spot on. If only it could be bottled and force fed to some of our other squad.

Oldtimer
04-17-2010, 10:26 AM
I still can't believe we don't have a good chant for this man (stadium singable).

TFCRegina
04-17-2010, 10:27 AM

Agreed. If anyone deserves DP money on this team, It's Dwayne De Rosario. The results he gets do not lie. The man produces and has been a threat in every game he's played in.

I hate the De Ro haters.

J .
04-17-2010, 10:31 AM
DeRo!!!!!!!!!!

Ossington Mental Youth
04-17-2010, 10:32 AM
Hes a beast and easily my favorite player, youll not catch me saying anything bad about him

Ossington Mental Youth
04-17-2010, 10:33 AM
People all to easily in this forum get whipped up into a frenzy and start pointing fingers, sometimes its valid, sometimes its not, I cant really think of any incidents involving DeRo that deserve negative commentary, feel free to correct me if im wrong

James17930
04-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Agreed. If anyone deserves DP money on this team, It's Dwayne De Rosario. The results he gets do not lie. The man produces and has been a threat in every game he's played in.

I hate the De Ro haters.

Seriously -- when are they going to re-do his contract?

(Remember that doing so, under the new rules, would actually free us up some room under the cap).

FluSH
04-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Are you Dero?
Are you Dero?
Are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Dero in Disguise?...

Redcoe15
04-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Dwayne De Rosario always has my respect and support. 'Nuf said. :scarf:

Gazza
04-17-2010, 11:26 AM
What do you expect? He's from Scarborough! ;)

Greatest Canadian player ever? Maybe? He'd get my vote.

Not including Canadians who decided to play for their grandmother's sister's cousin's country.

ManUtd4ever
04-17-2010, 11:33 AM
DeRo is absolutely the heart and soul of the team and the most dangerous offensive threat to ever play for the Reds. I don't recall anyone questioning his skill level or motivation to succeed. The only issues that were ever brought into question were his comments to the media regarding his contract situation and the roster turnover.

As the captain of the squad, he must measure his words carefully and lead by example with his play on the pitch. I have been very impressed with the manner in which he has handled himself as skipper...

ilikemusic
04-17-2010, 11:34 AM
DeRo has been the only consistent player this team has ever had.

Thats why I found the 'Hey DeRo! Shut up and play!' thread to be so unnecessary. DeRo is the last person on this team (hell, in this organization) who needs to be told to shut up and do their job.

The man is money. All he does is score goals. Even when he is surrounded by absolute shit.

TFC OZZ
04-17-2010, 11:52 AM
DeRo is a fantastic player, and probably the best to ever put on a TFC jersey. I don't think he's really come under any unnecessary criticism on this board. I don't think anyone could question his skill whatsoever, but I think those threads that questioned his comments about his paycheck were fine, and the "shut up and play" one maybe was a little extreme, but not a bad thing considering he'd just been given the armband.

All hail De Ro.

Gazza
04-17-2010, 12:08 PM
I love this thread.

DeRo is the fucking man. I'm a Sens fan, and to me, he's the Alfie of TFC. I don't understand why he isn't treated like Alfie by the fans of his team.

I hope you're wrong. I hope De Ro can lead us to a championship unlike "Alfie." Go leafs Go;)

Pachuco
04-17-2010, 12:38 PM

A - fucking - men. This post deserves to be on a banner. We are nothing without Dero. Now make this man a DP!! and give him the money he deserves. Dero may "allegedly" complain about his salary, but if there is one man I am sure of is worth DP status it's him.

Interesting note: look what Dero has done since preki made him captain! He's embraced the opportunity and grabbed a hold of this team by the balls.

tfc2007
04-17-2010, 01:00 PM
People criticize his occasional selfish, or apparently selfish, play all the time. That's not unfair. I just don't connect internet criticism and respect. Maybe other people do?

I agree with this post 100%.

He is sometimes those things, but i respect him as a player for TFC, and understand that he is one of our best players.

Brooker
04-18-2010, 05:15 PM
what is the de ro chant?

the start of it goes "oh de rosario, la la la la.... la la la la"

it's really good. sung it after his goals on thursday.

Roogsy
04-18-2010, 11:13 PM
I love the fact that this thread has become a DeRo love-in.

4 games, 4 goals. I like the pace!

But I fear teams will start adjusting themselves to him, making it harder. WE NEED A REAL STRIKER! To take the pressure off him and give him more space. A real combination of a potent striker and DeRo and goals will come in buckets. I know it.

Dunkers
04-19-2010, 01:15 AM
I love the fact that this thread has become a DeRo love-in.

4 games, 4 goals. I like the pace!

But I fear teams will start adjusting themselves to him, making it harder. WE NEED A REAL STRIKER! To take the pressure off him and give him more space. A real combination of a potent striker and DeRo and goals will come in buckets. I know it.

que the phone call to paul dickov...who else comes in half way through a season?

bones
04-19-2010, 01:31 AM
I have a great deal of respect for DeRo but he as one thing he must take from Jimmy B's book of being a captain.

When the game is over, pull the team together and make your way over to where your travelling supporters are and have the decency to acknowledge them.

We made our way down to the railing but they were too busy swapping kits and running off the pitch.

If Jimmy B were still playing, this would have never happened.

Bones...

Roogsy
04-19-2010, 01:35 AM
BONES! Was that you I saw on TV??? Well done bro!

As for DeRo thanking the fans...I agree with you, but I will point out a couple of things.

1) He was one of the few that did it in New England after that debacle.
2) He did come over to you guys after he scored a goal and kissed the badge, he's done that for almost every goal so far.
3) Jimmy often didn't do that, on several road trips over the past 3 years that I went on none of the team came over to us, Jimmy included.

Super
04-19-2010, 01:51 AM
I have a great deal of respect for DeRo but he as one thing he must take from Jimmy B's book of being a captain.

When the game is over, pull the team together and make your way over to where your travelling supporters are and have the decency to acknowledge them.

We made our way down to the railing but they were too busy swapping kits and running off the pitch.

If Jimmy B were still playing, this would have never happened.

Bones...

That surprises me greatly. DeRo was the first person to step towards us after the New England game and to applaud our support - but be that as it may. Players in ANY league should ALWAYS acknowledge traveling support - without them it would be damn boring indeed (much like the home atmosphere in Colorado - Hoooooooooooooorn noices from beginning to end, sheesh).

And by the way, saw you on TV! :)

Super
04-19-2010, 02:02 AM
3) Jimmy often didn't do that, on several road trips over the past 3 years that I went on none of the team came over to us, Jimmy included.

I have to be honest, I have very little respect for our team when it comes to truly appreciating its support - but maybe it's because they are tired of losing and don't want to face us after yet another defeat. Still, though, it's proper football etiquette to acknowledge supporters, without whom you would play in front of a half-full stadium of soccer-moms, and certainly draw a much smaller salary than they are now... Much like in Colorado - except for the salary bit. We, Toronto, pay part of that due to the wealth distribution in place.

Terrace Greg
04-19-2010, 05:36 AM
BONES! Was that you I saw on TV??? Well done bro!

As for DeRo thanking the fans...I agree with you, but I will point out a couple of things.

1) He was one of the few that did it in New England after that debacle.
2) He did come over to you guys after he scored a goal and kissed the badge, he's done that for almost every goal so far.

Yeah, I remember this was discussed at length in the past, but did we ever find out why the players seemed reluctant to come over and clap us at the end of the Columbus' games? Even in New England, they clapped us from afar, but I though they would at least come half way over (I understand they cannot come right up to the section necessarily, sometimes the police won't let them. I noticed this at Eastlands at the end of the derby on Saturday with United players and there fans for instance). So yeah, it would be interesting to know why they don't make a more solid gesture toward us, since we travel and sing our hearts out. Anyone have insight into this?

I absolutely agree about Dero. If there is a chant, I'm not aware of it (I sit in 120, so I would love to get it going in that area. We need to show him he is appreciated immediately. Can someone post it?

Thanks!

123 elite
04-19-2010, 07:19 AM
Quite simply DeRo is the only decent and consistent player TFC have ever had. HE did more last year and so far this year than pretty much their entire roster has combined in three years. He may be a little greedy at times true. He is not perfect. But considering the glorification of the like of Dichio, Brennan and even Robinson on these threads it is really baffling how harsh people are on him

Cashcleaner
04-19-2010, 07:28 AM
I don't think most people here have ever given DeRo a hard time for his performances. He's easily the most consistent player we've had, in my opinion.

And yes, DeRo IS superior to JDG.

Wagner
04-19-2010, 07:33 AM
De Ro is by far my fave current player.

Sure he does selfish things once in a while.

But he is so awesome.
We wants to win.
When he has the ball, or is receiving a good pass, I actually find myself kind of leaning forward and getting excited, as more often than not, he's about to do something cool.

Also, look what he did in MTL last year...we needed to win by +4 or +5 and he brought it.

Shaughno
04-19-2010, 07:54 AM
I'll throw in the counter argument. I thought DeRo looked lost yesterday. Most of it wasn't his fault, he had no support on the wing, he had no support up front. That said, he's not consistent and I don't think he ever has been. He's consistent that he only gives 100% effort when he wants to. There was twice I counted where he motioned to DeGuz that he wanted the ball on the run, then as soon as the ball was released DeRo stopped running and turned back like it was bad pass. Barrett does the same thing and it frustrates the hell out of me.

That said, I'm glad he settled down on his penalty taking... he was scary last year with his blasted penalties... I was never sure whether or not he was going to hit the target LOL

xs_sports
04-19-2010, 08:40 AM
Seriously -- when are they going to re-do his contract?

(Remember that doing so, under the new rules, would actually free us up some room under the cap).

He will get his 'DP money' once MO 'frees up' some cap space, as per their "Gentleman's agreement", which was handwritten by MO into his contract.

I wouldn't hold it against him (DE RO) if he took a page out of Dichio's book.. and did the same thing Danny did last year.

Whoop
04-19-2010, 09:38 AM
Quite simply DeRo is the only decent and consistent player TFC have ever had. HE did more last year and so far this year than pretty much their entire roster has combined in three years. He may be a little greedy at times true. He is not perfect. But considering the glorification of the like of Dichio, Brennan and even Robinson on these threads it is really baffling how harsh people are on him

I agree that people have glorified those guys, but they had their critics.

DeRo, as I have said in the past, leaves himself open to criticism for what he says. I think the whole salary issue at the end of the year, regardless if it was warranted it or not, rubbed people the wrong way. Aside from mighty, I don't think anyone has ever really criticized his play to the extent, say of a Robinson.

Having said that, he has been our best player this year.

Shaughno
04-19-2010, 09:39 AM
I agree that people have glorified those guys, but they had their critics.

DeRo, as I have said in the past, leaves himself open to criticism for what he says. I think the whole salary issue at the end of the year, regardless if it was warranted it or not, rubbed people the wrong way. Aside from mighty, I don't think anyone has ever really criticized his play to the extent, say of a Robinson.

Having said that, he has been our best player this year.

Which really says something... because IMO he hasn't exactly been stellar this year.

Whoop
04-19-2010, 09:43 AM
That's for a combination of factors, not necessarily his fault though.

But I've never been one to glorify our players. LOL

With all our players it's always been a case of "He's good, but..."

Roogsy
04-19-2010, 09:53 AM
DeRo, as I have said in the past, leaves himself open to criticism for what he says. I think the whole salary issue at the end of the year, regardless if it was warranted it or not, rubbed people the wrong way.

This is the problem I have.

Who cares what he says? As long as his production speaks louder than his words?

Until there is proof that what he says is hurting the team in some way, I don't understand why people give a rat's ass what his feelings are on any matter, especially when he's being asked, it's not like he is commenting without prompting from anyone.

Jack
04-19-2010, 10:00 AM
I don't see DeRo not getting respect.

Everyone knows he's our best player and he's been on fire to start the season. We need him and we rely on him.

I don't like the whiny tone he takes with the media and I posted about it. He's great, but I'm not gonna swing on his nuts if I don't like something he does. I reserve the right to comment on something with which I do not agree.

Doesn't mean I don't love everything he brings to the team and the fact that, as captain, he has stepped it up even further makes me happy.

Keep it up, DeRo! You really are the man (and yes, continue to watch what you say to the media).

Whoop
04-19-2010, 10:16 AM
This is the problem I have.

Who cares what he says? As long as his production speaks louder than his words?

Until there is proof that what he says is hurting the team in some way, I don't understand why people give a rat's ass what his feelings are on any matter, especially when he's being asked, it's not like he is commenting without prompting from anyone.

From my experience, usually 8 out of 10 times, it does hurt the team.

I mean I could speculate as to normally how these play out, but I have no proof.

I just say better safe than sorry. Keep it behind closed doors.

And when you're looking for love, you'll get more love. If you want a better public image... you have to, or get people to, manage it better.

Whoop
04-19-2010, 10:17 AM

Everyone knows he's our best player and he's been on fire to start the season. We need him and we rely on him.

I don't like the whiny tone he takes with the media and I posted about it. He's great, but I'm not gonna swing on his nuts if I don't like something he does. I reserve the right to comment on something with which I do not agree.

Doesn't mean I don't love everything he brings to the team and the fact that, as captain, he has stepped it up even further makes me happy.

Keep it up, DeRo! You really are the man (and yes, continue to watch what you say to the media).

LOL.

Roogsy
04-19-2010, 10:19 AM
From my experience, usually 8 out of 10 times, it does hurt the team.

I mean I could speculate as to normally how these play out, but I have no proof.

I just say better safe than sorry. Keep it behind closed doors.

And when you're looking for love, you'll get more love. If you want a better public image... you have to, or get people to, manage it better.

LOL! If this isn't a classic instance of making up stats...I dunno what is. Vic, I expect more from you.

Shaughno
04-19-2010, 10:23 AM
LOL! If this isn't a classic instance of making up stats...I dunno what is. Vic, I expect more from you.

So you're saying you've never noticed that when players speak up, it generally doesn't bode very well for them or their team? Of course it's nearly impossible to prove, but when Iverson speaks negatively in the media... do you think his team plays better?

ilikemusic
04-19-2010, 10:29 AM

Did DeRo do or say something specifically about you to make you hold such a grudge?

Until somebody else...anybody else...starts to do their job to the level that DeRo does his, he can say whatever he likes.

Calling DeRo whiny and telling him to 'watch what he says' sounds like disrespect to me. Who are you, his father?

Roogsy
04-19-2010, 10:31 AM
So you're saying you've never noticed that when players speak up, it generally doesn't bode very well for them or their team? Of course it's nearly impossible to prove, but when Iverson speaks negatively in the media... do you think his team plays better?

They certainly don't play worse, which is the claim Whoopee is making.

My feelings are that so long as players aren't talking about each other's performance, they could care less about what is said to the media. And I have pretty good sources on that.

Shaughno
04-19-2010, 10:33 AM
For TFC, I would agree from what I know... but in general, especially repeated outbursts, do take their toll on the team.

I still don't think DeRo has said anything wrong at this point though.

Whoop
04-19-2010, 10:35 AM

Maybe it's 70% or 90%, I don't know.

I was just trying to illustrate that more often than not (greater than 50% LOL), it does hurt a team. Guys complaining about something unrelated to the pitch, court, ice, field, etc more often than not hurts the team because it will piss someone else off, or lead to situations that don't need to be discussed. That could lead to divisions in the locker room. Or maybe someone that didn't like him, likes him less now, etc. It's stupid shit.

The chemistry in the room, as we all know, last year was not great. Stuff like that doesn't help.

But in reality?

At the end of the day, I don't think anyone gave a shit what he said - not because he was right or wrong just not caring - and really that's the sad part.

Roogsy
04-19-2010, 10:37 AM
For TFC, I would agree from what I know... but in general, especially repeated outbursts, do take their toll on the team.

I still don't think DeRo has said anything wrong at this point though.

This is far too vague to be an accurate statement Jay!

The REAL litmus test is outbursts about what? Outbursts about ugly cheerleaders? Smelly toilets? Chaffing uniforms?

Obviously the content determines whether an "outburst" affects the team. If a player is ragging on his GM to get more money...and that player is the leading scorer of the team and 2 time MVP...I highly doubt other players are going to feel so hard done by that it will affect their quality of play. Let's be serious here.

If you come to me and show me a video of DeRo ragging on Nana for poor play or a screw up...then I will buy what you're selling. But if DeRo is just talking about his relationship with management...then the only thing affected will be his relationship with management. To claim it will affect his relationship with teammates will require a heckofalot more proof than "outbursts take their toll on the team".

Whoop
04-19-2010, 10:39 AM
They certainly don't play worse, which is the claim Whoopee is making.

My feelings are that so long as players aren't talking about each other's performance, they could care less about what is said to the media. And I have pretty good sources on that.

I think you mean they certainly couldn't play worse. LOL

As for the bolded part, not related to DeRo, maybe they should, no?

It might be hypocritical for me to say this, but for some reason, I would probably be more at ease if DeRo called some players out rather than discussing finances.

I still maintain though any team issues should be kept behind closed doors.

Only the coach and captain should be calling players out - strategically though - and DeRo, as captain this year, can if he wants to this year.

Roogsy
04-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Only the coach and captain should be calling players out - strategically though - and DeRo, as captain this year, can if he wants to this year.

Since we are mostly talking about instances where DeRo has spoken out before he was captain, let's ignore the fact that he is captain now because frankly I don't think things should or would change much.

So the question here is (according to your statement)...when did DeRo call players out? Because if he did...then I will certainly agree with your statement that it will affect the team chemistry.

jloome
04-19-2010, 10:43 AM

Actually, the only thing I've generally criticized about DeRosario has been aspects of his play.

On a team with no prospects, he's an absolute Godsend.

On a balanced team like Houston where he's more cog-in-the-machine, he can be a ballhog and his passing is not what it should be.

No player is perfect. Twice durign the colorado game he gifted bad passes back to Coloradio. Neither led to anything, so no big whoop. But he's not perfect, just really, really good.

I'dsay the same abhout JDG for about 75 minutes of that game, too. In fact, to me, they're the best two players on the pitch, along with Casey and Colin Clarke.

AS for off field stuff? I could give a toss. So that man likes Texas Hold 'Em. More power to him. The more endorsements these guys get, the more visibility the team gets. And this is real football, so I don't really give a damn if soccer moms don't like their kids seeing the image of gambling.

Pachuco
04-19-2010, 10:44 AM
I honestly don't even know if Dero has complained publicly about his salary. We heard the media reporting it, but Dobson also once said Joao Pinto had signed with TFC and was on his way to meet up with them in Toronto. So, does anyone actually recollect Dero himself complaining about salary publicly? I genuinely would like to see it if it's true.

Roogsy
04-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Actually, the only thing I've generally criticized about DeRosario has been aspects of his play.

On a team with no prospects, he's an absolute Godsend.

On a balanced team like Houston where he's more cog-in-the-machine, he can be a ballhog and his passing is not what it should be.

No player is perfect. Twice durign the colorado game he gifted bad passes back to Coloradio. Neither led to anything, so no big whoop. But he's not perfect, just really, really good.

I'dsay the same abhout JDG for about 75 minutes of that game, too. In fact, to me, they're the best two players on the pitch, along with Casey and Colin Clarke.

AS for off field stuff? I could give a toss. So that man likes Texas Hold 'Em. More power to him. The more endorsements these guys get, the more visibility the team gets. And this is real football, so I don't really give a damn if soccer moms don't like their kids seeing the image of gambling.

I agree with this post 100%. :thumbsup:

Whoop
04-19-2010, 10:45 AM
If you come to me and show me a video of DeRo ragging on Nana for poor play or a screw up...then I will buy what you're selling. But if DeRo is just talking about his relationship with management...then the only thing affected will be his relationship with management. To claim it will affect his relationship with teammates will require a heckofalot more proof than "outbursts take their toll on the team".

Could you say that the supposed "locker room rift" last year is proof?

To blame it on the Dichio/JDG thing alone is also being naive.

Things were ugly behind the scenes last year, no need to pour more gas on the fire. I think that was the intent of the "Just shut up and play" thread.

Personally, given that the team didn't make the playoffs last year, NO ONE should have been bitching about anything.

Well, except about Mo. LOL

jloome
04-19-2010, 10:46 AM
I still can't believe we don't have a good chant for this man (stadium singable).

Still can't believe no one has adopted J. Geil's band "centrefold" as "centre forward."

"Their blood runs cold!
Another goal has just been scored
and DeRo is our centre forward,
Dero is our centre forward!

You could even start with with the "nah nah Nahna na nah" bit. (Someone who knows how to link stuff on here put up the song for the few who don't know it?)

Whoop
04-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Since we are mostly talking about instances where DeRo has spoken out before he was captain, let's ignore the fact that he is captain now because frankly I don't think things should or would change much.

So the question here is (according to your statement)...when did DeRo call players out? Because if he did...then I will certainly agree with your statement that it will affect the team chemistry.

He didn't. I didn't say he did. I was just saying everything should be behind closed doors. As for calling players out only the coach and the captain should. (I think Dichio was excluded from that... LOL) Didn't say DeRo ever did.

But being captain this year he has carte blance to do that. Within reason of course.

Roogsy
04-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Could you say that the supposed "locker room rift" last year is proof?

To blame it on the Dichio/JDG thing alone is also being naive.

Things were ugly behind the scenes last year, no need to pour more gas on the fire. I think that was the intent of the "Just shut up and play" thread.

Personally, given that the team didn't make the playoffs last year, NO ONE should have been bitching about anything.

Well, except about Mo. LOL

I am 100% certain the locker room stuff had nothing to do with DeRo's contract issue. To claim it did is to look for something that isn't there.

Unity issues in the locker room aren't enough reasons for DeRo to lay off putting pressure on Mo to get what he feels he was promised.

And your position that the team not making the playoffs is reason for every player to shut his mouth is ridiculous, and even moreso when you're trying to enact such an unecessary rule on the only player that did anything to almost get us there in the first place.

Whoop
04-19-2010, 10:51 AM

This kind of stuff is irrelevant. I don't recall anyone ever complaining about this. LOL

Roogsy
04-19-2010, 10:54 AM
He didn't. I didn't say he did. I was just saying everything should be behind closed doors.

Then what are players doing talking to media at all? Should it only be about their favourite colour? I think your position on player comments and opinions are unreasonable and unecessary. I don't get why you raised the issue of calling players out unless you were inferring that he did because if he didn't, what was the point of the comment since we are specifically talking about his comments that would affect his teammates? Should we not keep it to actual comments he made and what evidence there would be that it affected the team?

Shaughno
04-19-2010, 10:55 AM
Then what are players doing talking to media at all? Should it only be about their favourite colour? I think your position on player comments and opinions are unreasonable and unecessary.

Quit assuming Roogs! That's like three times you've misinterpreted his posts in this thread LOL

He's saying some stuff should be kept behind doors, ala finances, locker room rifts, etc.

You're leading on in a completely different direction!

Whoop
04-19-2010, 11:01 AM
I am 100% certain the locker room stuff had nothing to do with DeRo's contract issue. To claim it did is to look for something that isn't there.

Unity issues in the locker room aren't enough reasons for DeRo to lay off putting pressure on Mo to get what he feels he was promised.

And your position that the team not making the playoffs is reason for every player to shut his mouth is ridiculous, and even moreso when you're trying to enact such an unecessary rule on the only player that did anything to almost get us there in the first place.

See, but that's what I have an issue with. Last I checked, football is a team game, and everyone discredits what other players on the team did. It's always DeRo was the only one to do anything. So if that's the case, I blame him for NYRB last year. If he alone was responsible for Montreal, than he alone is responsible for NYRB.

However, I have never done that. He alone wasn't responsible for Montreal and he alone wasn't responsible for NYRB.

Now, if he's thinking that "if it wasn't for me, we wouldn't win in Montreal" than I could see that rubbing teammates the wrong way.

I'm sure his contract wasn't the issue. I'm sure JDG's contract was/is which led to the domino effect.

I put the blame on last season on a lot of guy's shoulders. There were 5-6 key guys in that locker room who should have handled the whole situation better.

And yes I maintain not making the playoffs last year no one should have been complaining. I hate hearing excuses. They're grown men not children. At the end of the day, as much as I hate Mo, the onus is on the players. They still had enough talent to make the playoffs in spite of Mo.

This year they don't have enough talent, but I still don't want to hear excuses.

Roogsy
04-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Who said anything about excuses? Excuses come when you don't produce. How can you claim DeRo has been giving excuses when he's the one producing? This is completely incongruous.

Whoop
04-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Then what are players doing talking to media at all? Should it only be about their favourite colour? I think your position on player comments and opinions are unreasonable and unecessary. I don't get why you raised the issue of calling players out unless you were inferring that he did because if he didn't, what was the point of the comment since we are specifically talking about his comments that would affect his teammates? Should we not keep it to actual comments he made and what evidence there would be that it affected the team?

I never brought it up. You just used an example of "If DeRo was ragging on Nana" for example. I just said that only the coach and captain should be the only ones calling players out.

The only comments I was talking about was the contract issue which came out before the end of the season. Which was being "reported" on by the media and which led to Wheeler talking about it on his show with DeRo.

All I said was that those types of situation normally do affect a team. Much like the whole JDG contract, and subsequent Dichio off the team situation, certainly affected the team. I threw the 8 out of 10 because from my experience it's a lot more than 50% of the time.

As for player comments and opinions... I don't think its unreasonable. There are ways of saying things that can be entertaining, informative, emotional, without divulging anything, or ragging on anyone, etc. There are ways of giving the media what they want without giving them any substance. LOL

You just have to think about what you want to say before saying it. It is a skill.

Roogsy
04-19-2010, 11:11 AM
As for player comments and opinions... I don't think its unreasonable. There are ways of saying things that can be entertaining, informative, emotional, without divulging anything, or ragging on anyone, etc. There are ways of giving the media what they want without giving them any substance. LOL

You just have to think about what you want to say before saying it. It is a skill.

Fine. So I submit to you that DeRo has done all of this as you ask and you still hold the position that what he has done is hurting the club somehow. My question is "how"?

Whoop
04-19-2010, 11:12 AM
Quit assuming Roogs! That's like three times you've misinterpreted his posts in this thread LOL

He's saying some stuff should be kept behind doors, ala finances, locker room rifts, etc.

You're leading on in a completely different direction!

Question... how many player only meetings has this team had?

Whether or not they work remains to be seen, usually because it's when shit is not going well that you hold one and sometimes it's too late, but even good teams, every once in a while will have one.

Roogsy
04-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Question... how many player only meetings has this team had?

Whether or not they work remains to be seen, usually because it's when shit is not going well that you hold one and sometimes it's too late, but even good teams, every once in a while will have one.

In the 6 days he's been captain you mean?

Shouldn't this be a question you ask of Jimmy?

Let me put it to you this way...at his home opener kick-off party, DeRo had all the new guys there, even Cann who hadn't played yet. Despite claims to the contrary by some...DeRo is actually quite active in reaching out to new players. He has good relations with the ones already here, especially the Canadian national guys despite rumours to the contrary. And is very close with Danny.

HOW he goes about captaining this team is his problem. He is doing his job. Which is why my problem with ragging on him is that we are giving a pass to everyone else who is falling far-far shorter than he is. He is doing more for his club than any other player on the team, by far. This is an absolute fact.

Whoop
04-19-2010, 11:19 AM
Who said anything about excuses? Excuses come when you don't produce. How can you claim DeRo has been giving excuses when he's the one producing? This is completely incongruous.

DeRo was complaining about his contract.

Other guys were giving excuses.

Both are a form of complaining.

Regardless, we shouldn't be hearing about any complaints. If you have complaints take it up with the appropriate people. Go to a teammate/captain. If you don't like your captain go to the coach. If you don't like the coach go to Mo. If you don't like Mo, go to Anselmi. If you don't like Anselmi go to the board. Or instead of doing that, go to your agent.

After all that then, maybe you can go to the media. LOL

But hopefully along the way, someone would have helped you out.

The media is the last resort.

Whoop
04-19-2010, 11:22 AM
It sounds like DeRo's "lack of respect" comes from an image problem so to speak. Who controls his image? What is he or his people doing to work out that image?

I agree for his production he should have more respect... but why isn't he getting it? I don't think all TFC fans are that stupid.

I think he gets a lot of respect as it is. You see the jerseys, the love he gets from people, etc. Does he want more?

I still maintain he's one of the more loved players on the team. Does he want more love?

Brennan, Robinson, Dichio, the supposed heroes of the team got flak all the time. Is DeRo supposed to be immune from it?

That's what I'm trying to understand.

Roogsy
04-19-2010, 11:24 AM
DeRo was complaining about his contract.

Other guys were giving excuses.

Both are a form of complaining.

Both are a form of complaining but both are not forms of excuses. You are very inconsistent Vic. You equate both even though they are not equal.

Yes, DeRo complained about his contract.

No, DeRo has not given us excuses.

If you're going to accuse him of something, make sure it's accurate. So to clarify, is the problem "complaining" or "excuses"?

Roogsy
04-19-2010, 11:25 AM
It sounds like DeRo's "lack of respect" comes from an image problem so to speak. Who controls his image? What is he or his people doing to work out that image?

I agree for his production he should have more respect... but why isn't he getting it? I don't think all TFC fans are that stupid.

I think he gets a lot of respect as it is. You see the jerseys, the love he gets from people, etc. Does he want more?

I still maintain he's one of the more loved players on the team. Does he want more love?

Brennan, Robinson, Dichio, the supposed heroes of the team got flak all the time. Is DeRo supposed to be immune from it?

That's what I'm trying to understand.

He isn't asking for more respect...I am asking for more respect for him. What I see on this board is a lot of "thanks for the goals but shut up now please" and to me that's disgusting.

Whoop
04-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Fine. So I submit to you that DeRo has done all of this as you ask and you still hold the position that what he has done is hurting the club somehow. My question is "how"?

I didn't say he hurt the club.

I said that, what he said last fall, didn't help the team or the situation at the time.

And the only other thing I've had an issue with is with the whole notion that DeRo was the only reason they won the game in Montreal. Which is fine if you think that, yet somehow he's escaped criticism about NYRB.

(I've always said it was just more than DeRo in Montreal, just as it was the team that let us down in NY. That's all.)

Either way... that's all last year stuff. Clean slate this year.

Since then, aside from learning the nuances of being the captain, I haven't had any complaints.

Whoop
04-19-2010, 11:30 AM
In the 6 days he's been captain you mean?

1) Shouldn't this be a question you ask of Jimmy?

Let me put it to you this way...at his home opener kick-off party, DeRo had all the new guys there, even Cann who hadn't played yet. Despite claims to the contrary by some...DeRo is actually quite active in reaching out to new players. He has good relations with the ones already here, especially the Canadian national guys despite rumours to the contrary. And is very close with Danny.

HOW he goes about captaining this team is his problem. He is doing his job. 2) Which is why my problem with ragging on him is that we are giving a pass to everyone else who is falling far-far shorter than he is. 3) He is doing more for his club than any other player on the team, by far. This is an absolute fact.

1) Oh yes. Believe me I think recent events have shown Brennan's true colours.

2) I haven't ragged on him this year and I didn't rag on him last year. I'm not mighty. LOL

3) And that's great. That's all I ask for.

At the end of the day... all I've been saying is just be careful what you say. Because whether or not you think it doesn't affect the team, at the end of the day it does. LOL

Roogsy
04-19-2010, 11:31 AM
I didn't say he hurt the club.

I said that, what he said last fall, didn't help the team or the situation at the time.

You're making my head spin Vic.

Maybe it's 70% or 90%, I don't know.

I was just trying to illustrate that more often than not (greater than 50% LOL), it does hurt a team. Guys complaining about something unrelated to the pitch, court, ice, field, etc more often than not hurts the team because it will piss someone else off, or lead to situations that don't need to be discussed. That could lead to divisions in the locker room. Or maybe someone that didn't like him, likes him less now, etc. It's stupid shit.

The chemistry in the room, as we all know, last year was not great. Stuff like that doesn't help.

So in this case, DeRo speaking out is the 10% that doesn't hurt the club? Because my understanding here is that you are inferring that he is hurting the club by speaking out but then claim you didn't say he was hurting the club. Which is it? I am confused.

Whoop
04-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Both are a form of complaining but both are not forms of excuses. You are very inconsistent Vic. You equate both even though they are not equal.

Yes, DeRo complained about his contract.

No, DeRo has not given us excuses.

If you're going to accuse him of something, make sure it's accurate. So to clarify, is the problem "complaining" or "excuses"?

Fine, in order to be consistent, I hate complaints AND excuses.

Whoop
04-19-2010, 11:38 AM
He isn't asking for more respect...I am asking for more respect for him. What I see on this board is a lot of "thanks for the goals but shut up now please" and to me that's disgusting.

How much more respect do you want for him? LOL

I see A LOT of love for him on this board. You're not going to get 100%.

You're going to get people who prefer the quiet leaders, i.e. Sakic/Yzerman/Messi, etc. And you're going to get people who like people who shoot from the hip. i.e. Barkley/Messier/Ibrahimovic, etc.

As you can gather I prefer the quiet leader guys but I like guys who are honest, too. Just have to be careful with that honesty in public that's all.

And like I said... since the fall... I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS.

Jack
04-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Did DeRo do or say something specifically about you to make you hold such a grudge?

Until somebody else...anybody else...starts to do their job to the level that DeRo does his, he can say whatever he likes.

Calling DeRo whiny and telling him to 'watch what he says' sounds like disrespect to me. Who are you, his father?

His customer.

Whoop
04-19-2010, 11:44 AM
You're making my head spin Vic.

So in this case, DeRo speaking out is the 10% that doesn't hurt the club? Because my understanding here is that you are inferring that he is hurting the club by speaking out but then claim you didn't say he was hurting the club. Which is it? I am confused.

How so? All I've said it doesn't help. It usually hurts. But if it didn't hurt it's because rest of the dressing room, it didn't care. And that probably goes for almost anything because if they cared, they wouldn't have put in such a shit performance in NY. Who's fault that is? I've said I blame 5-6 key guys on the team... we can all figure out who it was.

But I'll said is that at minimum, it doesn't help, at worst, it hurts the team.

Whoop
04-19-2010, 11:48 AM
And to wit, since being named captain, I have no complaints either.

As you know, it was a concern of mine.

Others still might not like it, but not me. I understand he's in a tough situation.

Menelaos
04-19-2010, 12:11 PM
I agree, DeRo appears to once be our best player right now.
However, let us not forget 2 of his 4 goals came via Penalty Shot, and one of them really should have been saved by the Philly goalie who let in a weak one.

So, before we all continue to idolize this man, lets remember a few things:

1. He is a man, and thus a human who can/will make mistakes. He has in the past made them, and will int he future make them. When he does, there will be people who comment on those mistakes...welcome to professional sports!

2. Right now, he IS without a doubt, our best player while not being the highest paid. Fantastic, congratulations, and thank you. That is what he gets paid to do right? Play at his best...all the time....give 110%....etc? If anything, we should be on JDG's case for playing at....10%?

DeRo, if you are reading this...I love the hustle...thanks for actually earning your pay and making a case for a increase. I believe you deserved the C and now you need to grow into that role and be a capt'n on AND off the field.

If you are failing at your duties OFF the field, you are failing as a capt'n. So like Jack said, just be smarter about comments and don't worry about not having known Jimmy was leaving.

Roogsy
04-19-2010, 12:11 PM
I totally recognize that 2 goals are off of PKs.

However, I point you in the direction of our PK conversion record prior to DeRo arriving. Oh it's ugly my friend.

Menelaos
04-19-2010, 12:26 PM

However, I point you in the direction of our PK conversion record prior to DeRo arriving. Oh it's ugly my friend.

True.

Belfast_Boy
04-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Roogsy are you related to DeRo? is he paying you for this?

Whoop
04-19-2010, 12:27 PM
^^
LOL.

Menelaos
04-19-2010, 12:28 PM
He just wants an autograph

Shaughno
04-19-2010, 12:28 PM

That's also in part to our revolving door of players. We never had a player stick around (Danny aside) that knew how to properly put the ball in the net. It's not like DeRo hasn't fucked up penalties either...

Roogsy
04-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Roogsy are you related to DeRo? is he paying you for this?

Nope...just a big fan. Always have been. I remember the first game he played here in Toronto as a Houston Dynamo. I ragged on him all game long and then met him afterwards and told him I wanted to see him in TFC red.

He's been my favourite Canadian national player for several years now. Local Toronto boy succeeding in the (at the time) US-only MLS, I was very proud of our local boy.

Roogsy
04-19-2010, 12:30 PM
That's also in part to our revolving door of players. We never had a player stick around (Danny aside) that knew how to properly put the ball in the net. It's not like DeRo hasn't fucked up penalties either...

I disagree.

I think we've never had players that knew how to properly put the ball in the net...period. Regardless if they wanted to stick around or not.

trane
04-19-2010, 12:32 PM

I keep on thinking about this, that three years in, Danny is still our best striker, despite his short commings.

Shaughno
04-19-2010, 12:32 PM
Roogs...so you agree actually, you just refined my statement.

Roogsy
04-19-2010, 12:33 PM
He just wants an autograph

LOL!

Already have it. Probably the only autograph I have ever sought. I have other TFC players only by chance, stuff came my way. I am not an autograph hound, but DeRo's autograph is the one I have sitting in my office.

I have Danny's "24" and Jimmy's MOTY framed pics up but I can't wait to put up my DeRo MOTY frame if they make one. If they don't, I will make one myself with his scarf. He is everything I love in a player. Killer instinct, full of confidence and swagger and puts his money where his mouth is. I even love his cocky attitude. You can't bring him down, he fights for what he wants and believes.

Roogsy
04-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Roogs...so you agree actually, you just refined my statement.

That would be more accurate yes...but I prefer to qualify it as a disagreeing positiong because I can't be seen as "agreeing" with Shaughno. :D

Whoop
Then why do you hate Ibrahimovic?

Shaughno
Roogs, serious question.

Do you think DeRo has given 100% in every game this season so far?

Roogsy
04-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Then why do you hate Ibrahimovic?

I don't. I like Ibra. Where do you get that? The only thing I have ever said is that if the price is right, I wouldn't mind selling him. I think Barca overpaid.

Roogsy
04-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Roogs, serious question.

Do you think DeRo has given 100% in every game this season so far?

Yes.

That's not to say at times, his head isn't in the right place. That happens to all players. But I know for certain DeRo goes out there and is committed to the cause. I am more sure of that than I am of any other player on our squad.

Belfast_Boy
04-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Nope...just a big fan. Always have been. I remember the first game he played here in Toronto as a Houston Dynamo. I ragged on him all game long and then met him afterwards and told him I wanted to see him in TFC red.

He's been my favourite Canadian national player for several years now. Local Toronto boy succeeding in the (at the time) US-only MLS, I was very proud of our local boy.

just kidding.

my TFC shirt is #14. love that he's a local boy too!

I can see why some people get on him. he's a bit "talkative" but it's one more reason I like him. there's no BS with the guy, just pure heart.

Whoop
04-19-2010, 12:38 PM
I don't. I like Ibra. Where do you get that? The only thing I have ever said is that if the price is right, I wouldn't mind selling him. I think Barca overpaid.

Maybe I'm just getting you confused with El Juan. You Latinos all look alike. LOL

Just kidding.

I thought you were in the anti-Ibra camp. There's a guy who takes a lot of shit. I wonder why? LOL

Roogsy
04-19-2010, 12:39 PM
I am talkative too...probably a reason for some of the appeal.

I see a lot of me in him which is probably why I am a big fan. Same sort of background, same type of family, similar histories.

The difference? He has a talent for footy...I am a hack. :D

Shaughno
04-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Yes.

That's not to say at times, his head isn't in the right place. That happens to all players. But I know for certain DeRo goes out there and is committed to the cause. I am more sure of that than I am of any other player on our squad.

See I disagree. Players like Messi and Rooney, even Shalrie Joseph or Landon Donavon, give 100% all game, every game.

I've never seen DeRo as a 90 minute player. He's a clutch player for sure, when you need him, he's usually there, but IMO he's pretty far from a 90 minute player and if it wasn't for the penalty yesterday, I'd say he played as bad, or worse than JDG and half the other players.

Whoop
04-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Don't say that Shags! LOL

You just added another 10 pages to this thread. LOL

I thought the whole team played like shit yesterday quite frankly.

Roogsy
04-19-2010, 12:42 PM
Maybe rose-colored glasses on my part, but being a fan of his, I often keep my eye on his play during the game even away from the ball and I don't think I have ever seen give less than 100%. Does he take a breather? Probably...all forwards do even the ones you mentioned. That's not what I consider giving less.

Shaughno
04-19-2010, 12:44 PM
Maybe rose-colored glasses on my part, but being a fan of his, I often keep my eye on his play during the game even away from the ball and I don't think I have ever seen give less than 100%. Does he take a breather? Probably...all forwards do even the ones you mentioned. That's not what I consider giving less.

That's not what I'm talking about, but it's ok to disagree ;)

How about him twice (by my hazy recollection) showing JDG where he wanted the ball...then giving up as, or before the ball was played? That's giving 100% is it? :lol:

Pachuco
04-19-2010, 01:12 PM
1) Oh yes. Believe me I think recent events have shown Brennan's true colours.

2) I haven't ragged on him this year and I didn't rag on him last year. I'm not mighty. LOL

3) And that's great. That's all I ask for.

At the end of the day... all I've been saying is just be careful what you say. Because whether or not you think it doesn't affect the team, at the end of the day it does. LOL

Whatever happened to Mighty? and Giambac for that matter?

Shaughno
04-19-2010, 01:15 PM
NO idea Pachuco... I've had them on ignore for ages... just assumed they were still around LOL

Menelaos
04-19-2010, 01:18 PM
LOL!

Already have it. Probably the only autograph I have ever sought. I have other TFC players only by chance, stuff came my way. I am not an autograph hound, but DeRo's autograph is the one I have sitting in my office.

I have Danny's "24" and Jimmy's MOTY framed pics up but I can't wait to put up my DeRo MOTY frame if they make one. If they don't, I will make one myself with his scarf. He is everything I love in a player. Killer instinct, full of confidence and swagger and puts his money where his mouth is. I even love his cocky attitude. You can't bring him down, he fights for what he wants and believes.

I normally don't ask for them, I feel too old to ask despite the fact I would like some. Having said that, DeRo walked right by us (son and I) when he tried to ask before a game...

Pull some strings Roogsy!

Pachuco
04-19-2010, 01:20 PM
NO idea Pachuco... I've had them on ignore for ages... just assumed they were still around LOL

Those guys used to make me look good...hehe.

tfc2007
04-20-2010, 09:36 PM
I will admit I have not given DeRo the respect he diserves. I thought of him as very self centred, but since he has become the new captain he looks like he enjoys the game more and is more of a team player. He looks like he isnt getting as down on guys for messing up, but still calling them out.

I was against him being picked captain, but now (I know, easy to say after the fact) I think he is a really good choice.

DichioTFC
04-21-2010, 07:40 AM
just wanted to start the morning off by *BUMP* this thread. there hasnt been much to cheer about in TFC land, but one bright spot has been DeRo.

There was a boy from Scarborough and DeRo was his name-o...

123 elite
04-21-2010, 10:23 PM
I keep on thinking about this, that three years in, Danny is still our best striker, despite his short commings.

:facepalm:

Don't let stats get in the way of your opinion. He was pretty good at chesting the ball down to players though.

Roogsy
04-21-2010, 10:26 PM
just wanted to start the morning off by *BUMP* this thread. there hasnt been much to cheer about in TFC land, but one bright spot has been DeRo.

De Ro Sario
De Ro Sario
De Ro Sario

And DeRo was his name-o!

Redcoe15
04-22-2010, 09:58 AM

De Ro Sario
De Ro Sario
De Ro Sario

And DeRo was his name-o!
NEW CHANT! :D

Roogsy
04-29-2010, 09:26 AM
Just giving this DeRo thread some love. I don't need to say why. The man speaks with his cleats.

And yes sometimes in front of a mic. ;)

Jack
04-29-2010, 09:35 AM
Great stuff by DeRo.

He has done exactly what we needed him to do.

Since taking the armband, he's elevated his play (imagine!) and taken the team on his shoulders and just played his ass off.

Full respect to DeRo.

He is letting his play do the talking, which is all I ever wanted :D

His comments last night were great. About the game, what happened in the game and also calling on his team to keep focused and not let up and do well in the tournament.

Notice they left him the opportunity to complain about the schedule and he took it head on, expressing confidence in the bench and talking about being mentally and physically ready for Saturday!

Great work DeRo!

Whoop
04-29-2010, 09:40 AM
I think he's taken to the role of captain quite nicely. He's saying the right things and handling it with class.

And I don't have to say anything about his play on the field... he's doing that on his own.

Keep it up DeRo!

Roogsy
04-29-2010, 09:50 AM
Since I am not very objective and have an obvious bias towards DeRo, I'd really like to know where people think DeRo ranks among the all-time players in MLS? Few, other than Donovan, have his resume, his trophies or his record.

JonO
04-29-2010, 09:54 AM
I don't know enough all-time players in MLS, but De Ro has to be among them for everything he did even before joining us. He and Barrett are actually working quite well together so far this year...

Whoop
04-29-2010, 10:16 AM
I know Roogsy might not like it but Preki is among the best all-time players in MLS.

Among the all-time MLS players I would think it would be guys like Jamie Moreno, Peter Nowak, Marco Etcheverry, Landon Donovan, Jeff Agoos, GBS, Eddie Pope.

It would be close.

Redcoe15
04-29-2010, 10:16 AM
Since I am not very objective and have an obvious bias towards DeRo, I'd really like to know where people think DeRo ranks among the all-time players in MLS? Few, other than Donovan, have his resume, his trophies or his record.
In MLS, he ranks as one the all time greats. His records and accomplishments speak for themselves.

Roogsy
04-29-2010, 10:17 AM
I know Roogsy might not like it but Preki is among the best all-time players in MLS.

Among the all-time MLS players I would think it would be guys like Jamie Moreno, Peter Nowak, Marco Etcheverry, Landon Donovan, Jeff Agoos, GBS, Eddie Pope.

It would be close.

Why wouldn't I like it? I may not be a fan of his coaching, but Preki's professional playing career is pretty impressive. He's no slouch that's for sure.

ManUtd4ever
04-29-2010, 10:24 AM
DeRo has elevated his game to another level since being awarded the captaincy and is obviously taking the leadership role seriously. Based on his demeanor on and off the field I think he is already proving to be the ideal leader for our club.

As for his all-time ranking among MLS players, I didn't know much about the players prior to the inception of TFC but since I've been following MLS, he has to be considered in the Top 5...

Whoop
04-29-2010, 10:25 AM
I'm just playing Roogs. LOL

Hopefully he can become one of the all-time coaches in MLS!

I think Jamie Moreno would probably be considered the player with the best career in MLS. Though the guy I always remember when the league started was Etcheverry.

I guess it would also depend which supporters you ask. LOL Fire supporters would probably argue for Nowak.

Whoop
04-29-2010, 10:27 AM
No question, since the inception of TFC... the only other player(s) that would compare to DeRo would be - as much as I hate to say it - GBS, Angel and Donovan. Joseph and Conrad would be up there too and possibly Twellman.

Roogsy
04-29-2010, 10:30 AM
The great thing is that we are living in a time when MLS is cutting it's teeth.

In baseball you have names like Ty Cobb, Cy Young, Lou Gherig and Babe Ruth.

In football you have Joe Namath, Tim Brown, Johnny Unitas and Mike Ditka.

In basketball you have Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell, Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

For soccer in North America, our sport isn't the biggest. Much like it wasn't the biggest with these stars (well, except maybe baseball, that's always been huge). While our players now won't have the kind of fame or make the kind of money soccer players will hopefully be making in 30 years, we will be able to say "I saw Valderrama play in MLS", "I hugged DeRo when we won our first Canadian championship" or "we threw pink streamers at Donovan and called him Landycakes".

We are living in a great time my friends.

Alarius
04-29-2010, 10:30 AM
I have been a bit critical of him early on, but I will humbly eat my words now. Dero is :hurray::scarf::flare::drum:

ensco
04-29-2010, 10:36 AM

It would be close.

Mo and Cunningham are on that list....

ManUtd4ever
04-29-2010, 10:37 AM
The great thing is that we are living in a time when MLS is cutting it's teeth.

In baseball you have names like Ty Cobb, Cy Young, Lou Gherig and Babe Ruth.

In football you have Joe Namath, Tim Brown, Johnny Unitas and Mike Ditka.

In basketball you have Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell, Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

For soccer in North America, our sport isn't the biggest. Much like it wasn't the biggest with these stars (well, except maybe baseball, that's always been huge). While these players won't make the kind of money soccer players will hopefully be making in 30 years, we will be able to say "I saw Valderrama play in MLS", "I hugged DeRo when we won our first Canadian championship" or "we threw pink streamers at Donovan and called him Landycakes".

We are living in a great time my friends.

Yeah, if he keeps this up, in 50 years DeRo will have legendary status in T.O. and the MLS as a whole. After the Miracle in Montreal I joined some of you guys at the waterfront to greet the players and I shook DeRo's hand right after he got off the bus. He was also cool enough to sign my shirt. I'll always remember that as long as I live...

Roogsy
04-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Mo and Cunningham are on that list....

:lol:

Darlofletch
04-29-2010, 10:55 AM
De Ro's been awesome this year. After the recent talk about dressing room splits, now that a lot of guys have been dumped, and De Ro's captain, it seems like this is HIS team, and he clearly loves that and is playing even better so respect to him for that.

as for the all time list, he'd be up there for sure, though it's all a bit Bull Durham isn't it.

Pachuco
04-29-2010, 11:07 AM
King Dero

I'm highly contemplating getting that on my new jersey. Fuck King James, we got King Dero.

Roogsy
04-29-2010, 11:11 AM
I have 5 TFC kits. 2 blank, 1 Roogsy and 2 DeRo. My 6th might be another DeRo. A white kit.

DichioTFC
04-29-2010, 11:15 AM
I mentioned this on the chatblog with Asif during last nights game, but has anyone else noticed how DeRo's fire, even late in the game, has caught on with the players on the pitch.

DeRo was looking for that 3rd goal last night and the other players followed his lead. Other than the New England, that hasn't been a single time when the players quit on this team. I credit that to DeRo.

Admittedly, I was slightly skeptical of him being named captain, but we couldn't have made a better choice.

ManUtd4ever
04-29-2010, 11:16 AM
I just bought the white kit last week (being the sucker for TFC merchandise that I am) and I already ordered the DeRo name and number kit from In2Sports in Woodbridge...

GlenM
04-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Great stuff by DeRo.

He has done exactly what we needed him to do.

Since taking the armband, he's elevated his play (imagine!) and taken the team on his shoulders and just played his ass off.

Full respect to DeRo.

He is letting his play do the talking, which is all I ever wanted :D

His comments last night were great. About the game, what happened in the game and also calling on his team to keep focused and not let up and do well in the tournament.

Notice they left him the opportunity to complain about the schedule and he took it head on, expressing confidence in the bench and talking about being mentally and physically ready for Saturday!

Great work DeRo!

Great Post Jack!

btw........WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!:yikes:

Thought you might like that.

LOL :)

GlenM

drewski
04-29-2010, 11:25 AM
I wasn't a big fan of giving the armband to Dero at the beginning but i will gladly admit I was wrong. He's been a great captain so far!

scooterTFC
04-29-2010, 11:34 AM
On the field he's working hard, and finishing chances. Off the field, he seems to be projecting a more positive and focused attitude with the media. Really is living up to the captain role.

As hot as he is now he's not likely going to finish the year averaging a goal a game. I hope people don't start ripping him up when he goes few games in a row without scoring for us.

jloome
04-29-2010, 11:35 AM

Don't let stats get in the way of your opinion. He was pretty good at chesting the ball down to players though.

Not sure I get the facepalm. When you consider goals to shots ratio, Dichio was easily our best striker.

Steve
04-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Not sure I get the facepalm. When you consider goals to shots ratio, Dichio was easily our best striker.

But since when is that a valid indicator? Sure, he was good when he shot, but if you have a striker that starts 50 games, gets one shot, and one goal, does that mean he's the greatest striker your team has ever had? Of course not. Look, I thought Dichio was great, he was a fighter, and a great face of the team, but I feel like people making him better than he was.

How about goals per game? For all time TFC players, DeRo is at the top (obviously) with 0.5 goals per game (or a goal every 2 games, pretty nice). In fact, Barrett has a marginally better goals per game rate than Dichio (0.226 compared to 0.212). Guevera was not far behind (0.2115). Yes, I know people will tell me exactly why these numbers mean nothing, oh well.

Jack
04-29-2010, 11:53 AM
Here are some interesting links for you guys looking at all-time MLS stuff:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLS_Best_XI (again lots of DeRo here)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Soccer_MVP_Award

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLS_Coach_of_the_Year_Award

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLS_Comeback_Player_of_the_Year_Award

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLS_Defender_of_the_Year_Award

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLS_Cup#MLS_Scudetto (check the MVP section. DeRo has been MLS Cup MVP twice)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLS_Goalkeeper_of_the_Year_Award

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLS_Golden_Boot (amazing that Cunny was so crap here. Two Golden Boot awards out of the past 4)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLS_Newcomer_of_the_Year_Award

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLS_Rookie_of_the_Year_Award

loconet
04-29-2010, 12:01 PM
I will add myself to the list of those with DeRo man crush.

My fav red by far. Hard worker and passionate. Very lucky to have this boy with us.

Roogsy
04-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Great links Jack.

James17930
05-02-2010, 01:16 PM
He's on pace right now for around 30 goals. Believe it.

(Oh, and Buddle's on pace for 45)

:leaving:

Jack
05-02-2010, 01:59 PM
He's on pace right now for around 30 goals. Believe it.

(Oh, and Buddle's on pace for 45)

:leaving:
LOL

And Buddle's in the top 10 all-time MLS scorers! :facepalm:

Roogsy
05-09-2010, 03:15 PM
The man can help even Barrett score! :thumbsup:

Whoop
05-09-2010, 03:17 PM
He's been better this year than he was last year IMO.

Yohan
05-10-2010, 12:11 AM
He's been better this year than he was last year IMO.
Guevara started off real hot last season too...

as the season wears on and TFC suffers traditional mid season brain cramp, DeRo's production will follow...

twistedchinaman
05-10-2010, 12:23 AM
I've always respected the man, haven't always liked what he does (hell, who can? he's human after all), and sometimes serves as my boyfriend (come on boys, admit it -- you know it's crossed your mind...:lol:). But nevertheless, he one hella legend to this Westerner. :)

'nuff said. :D

twistedchinaman
05-10-2010, 12:24 AM

as the season wears on and TFC suffers traditional mid season brain cramp, DeRo's production will follow...

But yet his class will live on, and that's what matters in this thread.

Roogsy
05-10-2010, 12:28 AM

It didn't last year. Why would it this year?

twistedchinaman
05-10-2010, 12:35 AM

Refresh my memory...what happened again?

(No this is not Yohan disguised as TC -- TC just can't remember)

Yohan
05-10-2010, 04:53 AM
IIRC, DeRo was pretty tame final third of season compared to first 2/3.

as much as I appreciate DeRo carrying the team right now, I'd hate to see TFC being a one trick pony a la Dallas.

James17930
05-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Is there anything this man can't do? Playing tired (and possibly hurt) and he still pots one. Fantastic.

Roogsy
05-13-2010, 08:37 AM
IIRC, DeRo was pretty tame final third of season compared to first 2/3.

as much as I appreciate DeRo carrying the team right now, I'd hate to see TFC being a one trick pony a la Dallas.

But you referred to the midseason cramp which is one third of the way through the season. And DeRo was still producing during that time. Either way, let's hope the team decides not to have any sort of "cramp" whatsoever this year.

Jack
05-13-2010, 09:24 AM
I think that will depend on some of the other players picking up some of the load.

It was great to see Barrett score those goals on the weekend and take some of that pressure from DeRo. Hopefully he continues to play well.

Roogsy
05-13-2010, 09:28 AM
That opens things up for everyone.

We still need one more scoring threat. I just don't see Obie as being consistent enough.

We need 3 players to combine for 30 goals. In whichever combination they can get there.

Jack
05-13-2010, 09:29 AM
Well, hopefully we can get another forward, but OB hasn't been bad up there.

Pachuco
05-13-2010, 09:57 AM
I really don't know what else to say about Dero. I swear I could kiss the man if I saw him in person. haha.

brad
05-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Well, hopefully we can get another forward, but OB hasn't been bad up there.

My problem with OB is that his decision making with the ball seems to be in slow motion most of the time. It often looks like he is deciding what to do with the ball after he receives it, and it's often too late then.

Whether this is an adjustment to the pace of the league or not is the question.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-13-2010, 01:27 PM
definitely underpaid......never mind Barrett ;)

DERO is a BEAST!

Roogsy
05-30-2010, 02:10 AM
http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/00673/DeRo30_673981gm-a.jpg

Please be careful with him Nicky...the man is worth his weight in gold.

Workie
05-30-2010, 02:15 AM
That was classic!

Roogsy
08-04-2010, 01:56 PM
I am resurrecting my own thread. Sue me. :D

My wise friend Wagner surmised it best:

Dallas July 24
Motagua July 27 *Set up the only goal.
@Houston July 28 *Scores against biggest club in the world.
@KC July 31 (Scorching hot)
@Motagua Aug 3 (planes, buses, corrupt officials, overnight flight home) *Clutch goal to basically secure our spot in Champs league.

5 games. 11 days.
All that travel.
And still managing to be our best player.

If DeRo ever leaves TFC, I will be devastated. I want him to retire here. At home. In front of his home crowd.

How we can't get a friggin' song together for the best player we have ever had is mindboggling but I will continue to sing DeRo's praises on this board and with TFC fans until people realize without DeRo, our team is worse than DC United.

Super
08-04-2010, 01:58 PM
As for a chant, why not just go "Deee Rooooooooo, Deeeee Roooooo" ... as in "Heeeey ohhhh, heyyy ohhhh". Super easy, and I bet you we could get the whole stadium in on it.

Roogsy
08-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Let's just do this thing baby.

Huyton
08-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Our Captain is from Scarboro, and Dero is his name-o...

Nodoubtguy
08-04-2010, 02:02 PM
I dunno if people realize how luck we are, we really get to watch one of the leagues best players every week.

MartinUtd
08-04-2010, 02:05 PM
But we already have a DeRo song, you just don't know it

That's usually the standard response from those in the first few rows of the south end. I've yet to hear it though. Not sure why we can't just use La Donna. We did it for that hack Lombardo and he didn't even deserve having a streamer thrown at him.

ArmenJBX
08-04-2010, 02:06 PM
I've said this so much, yet it seems to be ignored every time I suggest it.

To the tune of Danny Dichio, start at minute 14.

Ohhh De Rosariooooo! De Rosario! De Rosario! De Rosariooooooo!

Is that so hard! :D

ManUtd4ever
08-04-2010, 02:07 PM
DeRo is our MVP without question and TFC would be having a miserable year without him. Let's not forget that Chad fucking Barrett has also been a clutch goal scorer in the Nutrilite Canadian Championship and CONCACAF Champion's League as well...

Roogsy
08-04-2010, 02:14 PM
But we already have a DeRo song, you just don't know it

That's usually the standard response from those in the first few rows of the south end. I've yet to hear it though. Not sure why we can't just use La Donna. We did it for that hack Lombardo and he didn't even deserve having a streamer thrown at him.

At this point I am inclined to use La Donna...Lombardo has been gone for several years and if there is anyone who deserves it...it's DeRo.

Darlofletch
08-04-2010, 02:24 PM
de-ro, there's only one de ro, there's only one de-ro, there's only one de-ro.

like man u fans used to sing for roy keane, but with de ro instead of keano.

last night, he did alright, fucked some things up, but scored a really good and important goal so it's all good.

tfcmanu
08-04-2010, 02:31 PM
That is why DERO in on the back of my TFC Jersey...He Plays with heart and skills and he is also a local boy and TFC fan.

RedsFan
08-04-2010, 02:39 PM
At the point of confusing things even more by throwing another chant into the mix....

Check this one out, its for Steven Gerrard but we can modify it for De Ro...

Original:
Steve Gerrard, Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's big and he's f***ing hard,
Steve Gerrard, Gerrard...

Link:
http://www.fanchants.com/football-songs/liverpool-chants/steve-gerrard-1/ (http://www.fanchants.com/football-songs/liverpool-chants/steve-gerrard-1/)

We can modify the lyrics for De Ro...how about this?

Deee Rosaaarriiiooo
He scores us a bunch of goals
He grew up in Scarborough
Deee Rosaaarriiiooo

Steve Gerrard is clutch for Liverpool and De Ro is for us, fitting I think.

MartinUtd
08-04-2010, 02:44 PM
^^^ thought it was "scores from 40 yards"

at least that's what the Brits were singing in Germany back in '06

RedsFan
08-04-2010, 02:46 PM
^^^ thought it was "scores from 40 yards"

at least that's what the Brits were singing in Germany back in '06

He does both on the regular so either one works :)

morgank1986
08-04-2010, 02:47 PM
What about the Bingo Dero song? I thought that was established as the Dero song.

MartinUtd
08-04-2010, 02:49 PM
At this point I am inclined to use La Donna...Lombardo has been gone for several years and if there is anyone who deserves it...it's DeRo.

Well lets make it happen. You seem be well connected around these parts and unfortunately that's what it takes to get a good chant going. I'll promise to sing a long, but we really need centralized direction at this point in time.

MartinUtd
08-04-2010, 02:50 PM
What about the Bingo Dero song? I thought that was established as the Dero song.

Other than on message boards and certain cliques, its not. I sit in 111 row 26 and can honestly say I've never picked up on that one.

ochos
08-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Let's use the Gerrard chant - it could use better lyrics though

Roogsy
08-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Well lets make it happen. You seem be well connected around these parts and unfortunately that's what it takes to get a good chant going. I'll promise to sing a long, but we really need centralized direction at this point in time.

:lol:

Must be my glowing personality. :D

MartinUtd
08-04-2010, 03:13 PM
lol.. naturally.

You know what I mean though. I can make a post in the chant thread but it gets ignored, Flush or someone of his visability does and people take notice and it likely gets some run time with the lower rows of 112. Nothing wrong with that, just the way the community works. But I've given up on spontaneity in the stands.

Whoop
08-04-2010, 03:15 PM
There are two DeRo songs.

U-Sector has the Bingo DeRo song but a lot of people refuse to sing it. U-Sector always sings this song yet some RPBs refuse to sing it.

There's the Ascoli DeRo song (Ole, ole, ole, ola.... Ooh DeRosario).... but people refuse to sing it as well.

However, given the slump he was, and the team, was in the last month, there wasn't much in terms of player chants being sung other than for Frei.

MartinUtd
08-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Maybe the resistance to Ole, ole, ole, ola.... Ooh DeRosario is that there are already a number of chants that follow the same ole ola formula. Just an idea. Not sure about the other one though. In any case I don't hear anything that's audible from row 26.

flambe
08-04-2010, 03:24 PM

+1, i like this chant, it has a good and easy tune to remember, plus I'm swayed by the anfield connection.

poll anyone?

:hide:

Roogsy
08-04-2010, 03:33 PM
There are two DeRo songs.

U-Sector has the Bingo DeRo song but a lot of people refuse to sing it. U-Sector always sings this song yet some RPBs refuse to sing it.

There's the Ascoli DeRo song (Ole, ole, ole, ola.... Ooh DeRosario).... but people refuse to sing it as well.

However, given the slump he was, and the team, was in the last month, there wasn't much in terms of player chants being sung other than for Frei.

I wouldn't say it's people refusing to sing it as much as it just doesn't catch on beyond 112/113. There just really hasn't been anything that has been able to break through to the masses other than "Oh when the reds"...

Whoop
08-04-2010, 03:37 PM
It's a fact that people refuse to sing certain songs. Some in 112 won't sing the Bingo DeRo song that U-Sector created, much like others don't want to sing the other DeRo song.

A new one can be created but a) you'd be clashing with the U-Sector song, which they'll sing and b) would take at least half a season to catch on. LOL

RedsFan
08-04-2010, 03:54 PM

I've got no issue with changing the lyrics, whatever will catch on.

Bottom line is we need a chant for De Ro that'll catch on so we can show him the support he deserves.

MartinUtd
08-04-2010, 03:55 PM
I think La Donna would catch on immediately. I'd be willing to put money on it. Sure there's stubbornness on both sides that needs be resolved, but if something isn't working then we should look at changing it.

Note: When I say "we" I mean we as TFC supporters and none of this affiliation nonsense

dupont
08-04-2010, 04:06 PM
I love that bingo chant. It's one of the easiest to understand since everyone knows that melody. I am shocked that it hasn't caught on.

ochos
08-04-2010, 04:20 PM
De Ro-sar-i-ohh,

He's got some mean corn-rows,

Sometimes he sports a fro,

De Ro-sar-i-o

==========================

De Ro-sar-i-ohh,

He's the best in T-O,

Straight outta Scar-bor-ough,

De Ro-sar-i-o

Roogsy
08-04-2010, 04:22 PM
It's a fact that people refuse to sing certain songs. Some in 112 won't sing the Bingo DeRo song that U-Sector created, much like others don't want to sing the other DeRo song.

A new one can be created but a) you'd be clashing with the U-Sector song, which they'll sing and b) would take at least half a season to catch on. LOL

This is for Al-Mo who hates facepalms.

:picard:

Why people refuse to sing songs boggles my mind.

morgank1986
08-04-2010, 04:34 PM
I can only speak for 115 but I've found the Bing Dero song has caught on well amongst the supporters. I typically hear it sung, by a good amount of people, 2-3 times every game.

MartinUtd
08-04-2010, 04:59 PM
I refuse to take part in the yelling of "douche bag" because it's lame and frat boy-ish. Does that count?

MartinUtd
08-04-2010, 05:00 PM
I can only speak for 115 but I've found the Bing Dero song has caught on well amongst the supporters. I typically hear it sung, by a good amount of people, 2-3 times every game.

hmm.. I must be mistaken then. Or at least its not projecting my way very well because I've heard of this Bingo DeRo song for a while now but havent been able to pin it down.

P-NUTZ
08-04-2010, 05:23 PM
dero kicks ass. love dero. there are times when he's pulled out a trick move right in front of me and ive been like - WHOA!!!! he's a true star.

but....when he plays outside left half and starts running around the whole field, the team has to be sure someone covers/watches his back, as garcia is left alone and we know what happens then.

jazzy
08-04-2010, 05:29 PM
This is for Al-Mo who hates facepalms.

:picard:

Why people refuse to sing songs boggles my mind.

From a not too bright supporter, is there any way someone could post links of these songs being sung to get a better heads up of their melody etc, In 111, I sometimes hear a mishmash and have trouble figuring out what to sing or who to follow, AND I am recently surrounded by the infamous upper 111's who take pride in making their own way....drowning everyone out, off beat....thanx.....BTW is anyone else worried, DeRo will be overused or burned out, without more support, play Mista!