PDA

View Full Version : All Hail Adrian Cann!

edmundo
04-16-2010, 11:52 AM
i think he deserves his own thread, he did a great job out there last night, he looked extremely comfortable on the ball, especially considering it was his first game, he seems really nervous in his interviews but on the field he oozes confidence, even better my heart rate doesn't skyrocket when he has the ball at his feet the way it would when garcia touched the ball, I think we finally have ourselves a proper center back :scarf:

Darlofletch
04-16-2010, 11:54 AM
he had a decent start, against a 10 man expansion team. that's about as excited as i can get right now, I'd need to see him more before anointing him our cb saviour.

good game last night though, so well done to him for that.

TFCRegina
04-16-2010, 11:54 AM
I didn't really notice Cann.

That's a good thing.

That means he wasn't fucking up royally.

DichioTFC
04-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Adrian Cann did an amazing job (considering who he replaced!) and I for one have been a fan of his for a long time. If you watch his TFCTV interviews, he's genuinely happy to be here, to the point where a 30 year old man giggled like a schoolgirl when asked how he felt about playing in front of his hometown.

Can't wait to get a Cann jersey!!

edmundo
04-16-2010, 12:02 PM
CANN IS DA MANN, thats got banner written all over it.........

dupont
04-16-2010, 12:05 PM
SWEET CAN. SWEET CAN. SW-SW-SW-SWEET CAN.

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/7/2/2/722670599b9a8181ce69a8009312142e.jpg

ochos
04-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Was decent - you could tell he was focused on doing what our other CB's haven't been able to do - switch the ball quickly to the flanks, beat their strikers in the air, etc..

Nana had a poor game....

UltraFootyKWC
04-16-2010, 12:07 PM
He was definately a monster in the air for us at the back. Before last night, I didn't realize how tall he actually was. He did well with the ball at his feet too. Much more composed then the little midget Garcia. I look forward to seeing more of the Cann/Attakora CB partnership.

DichioTFC
04-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Was decent - you could tell he was focused on doing what our other CB's haven't been able to do - switch the ball quickly to the flanks, beat their strikers in the air, etc..

Nana had a poor game....

How did Nana have a poor game? He formed a good partnership with Adrian, they communicated and switched very well. The only goal was due to a mental lapse by Gargan. They both defended well. Adrian outshone Nana, but not because Nana had a poor game. They were both solid.

boban
04-16-2010, 12:10 PM
So then we agreed then ... our DP has to be unequivocally a DP striker :D

McBrace
04-16-2010, 12:17 PM
He did look a little nervous at the start, but gained more confidence as the match progressed. I guess we intimidate even our own at times...lol...

kitchener-TFC
04-16-2010, 12:19 PM
The presence that both Nana and Cann had in the air was something I've never seen from this club. I like!

MUFC_Niagara
04-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Cann had a good game yesterday. However, i'll reserve judgement until after we play quality opposition. He is definitely an upgrade and I hope this means the end of Garcia.

jabbronies
04-16-2010, 12:20 PM
I had a real hard time figuring out who was who on the pitch. I didn't notice a lot of fuck ups in the back. So that was good. Their formation wasn't too horrible. Hopefully he's the reason why.

JonO
04-16-2010, 12:22 PM
The only goal was due to a mental lapse by Gargan. They both defended well. Usinov, no? Besides, it was a very nice play from Philly, with a perfect timed run and a great pass.

As for Cann, although I am not ready to "hail" him yet, he had a very solid outing for us. If he keeps it up I will be very happy...

Whoop
04-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Yeah, Usanov was the one to blame on Philly's goal.

Cann was decent, but not earth shattering.

DichioTFC
04-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Usinov, no? Besides, it was a very nice play from Philly, with a perfect timed run and a great pass.

As for Cann, although I am not ready to "hail" him yet, he had a very solid outing for us. If he keeps it up I will be very happy...

Yeah it was Usanov, my bad. But still, point being, defence was solid all around.

Section 117
04-16-2010, 01:15 PM
He was good in the air, but when the ball was on either Nana or his feet it was wasted by a ball hoofed 20 yards down field

Pachuco
04-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Cann was decent, he certainly wasn't GREAT. This is the opposite of teh sky is falling reaction. Guy comes in, isn't tested at all, has a decent game against an expansion team with 10 men and he's getting all kinds of praise. Just like I gave Hscanovic another shot after watching the worst performance by any TFC left back EVER I'm not ready to praise Cann until I see more. He's good in the air, but he can't pass all that well, that's all I can say after watching 1 game. Colorado will be a big test for him and Nana.

trane
04-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Yeah, Usanov was the one to blame on Philly's goal.

Cann was decent, but not earth shattering.

Usanov, was the one that should have been there. So ultimatley it was his mistake BUT the entire team was way to far to the left. Therefore, he was pulled to that side by the shape of the team. We did that a couple of times, were our formation was to bunched up on one side or the other of the pitch.

Cann had a decent game, but neither him nor Attakora were challanged. I like the paring, I like Cann's size, and I hope strenght that comes with it, and he seems positionaly sound. BUT it is one game. I like what I saw from the whole team BUT we are not perfect.

Jack
04-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Liked what I saw, want to see more.

Can't complain, but not over the moon, either.

Keyman
04-16-2010, 02:07 PM
He gave an very candid interview following the match. Seems ecstatic to be with the club, which I love to see.

profit89
04-16-2010, 02:12 PM
Usanov, was the one that should have been there. So ultimatley it was his mistake BUT the entire team was way to far to the left. Therefore, he was pulled to that side by the shape of the team. We did that a couple of times, were our formation was to bunched up on one side or the other of the pitch.

I agree.

I don't think you can single out any one person to blame on the philly goal. This is not hockey. Some more than others sure. But ultimately it's everyone fault as Preki said. Bottom line is that it was a beautifully orchestrated goal by philly. I give full marks to Philly and Torres in particular on that goal.

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Here's google translation of his Esbjerg player profile:

Adrian Cann was at training camps in Esbjerg in January 2008. He left a good impression and was brought to Denmark from Vancouver Whitecaps in the second-best North American league. Adrian is originally from Canada.
30 January 2008 he made his debut on the Canadian national team in a friendly match. He was in 2007 named the year's defensive player.
Adrian is a physically strong player and with his 190 cm fills he also good in space. He is quick and shoots well with both feet. He has an aggressive outreach and playing style.

Defence player has taken his fiancée to Denmark. Whether it is her or his old teammates who gave him the nickname Peaches, Smiley and Dirty, he reports nothing about.
Adrian out with Barcelona, but it's not their stadium, he likes most. San Sero in the Italian city of Milan is better.
Adrian is happy to cook and he takes a piece of life before each match. - For him it is a peanut butter and jam sandwich. His favorite quote is by James Dean.
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today".
If not Adrian was footballer, he would in his own be movie star, or something else where he can use his body and flourish physically.
- I devote myself to the club and organization

Seems like an interesting guy.

trane
04-16-2010, 02:14 PM
^ I am gald Preki pointed it out. It is like a domino if the LB is to far, then the LCB follows, and then the RCB is to far, and ultimatley the LB is too far off. Keeping shape is a team thing, for the most part.

TFCRegina
04-16-2010, 02:14 PM
He gave an very candid interview following the match. Seems ecstatic to be with the club, which I love to see.

He seems like a big oaf...but he did his job competently, so I'm pleased.

TheKing7
04-16-2010, 02:16 PM
He does deliver fantastic interviews

profit89
04-16-2010, 02:17 PM
^ I am gald Preki pointed it out. It is like a domino if the LB is to far, then the LCB follows, and then the RCB is to far, and ultimatley the LB is too far off. Keeping shape is a team thing, for the most part.

Absolutely !

Ossington Mental Youth
04-16-2010, 02:19 PM
was pretty happy with his performance, i expect to see better and more in the future

Whoop
04-16-2010, 02:20 PM
trane, Preki on the goal.

Preki was furious at the late lapse. “We fell asleep,” he said. “We were soft on the goal. We were just watching. (Harvey) caught us by surprise. That should never happen.

trane
04-16-2010, 02:26 PM
^ Thanks. We were lucky we did not get caought a couple of more times, we had drifted off to one side, and they were just not quick enought to capitalize. That time they caught us.

As an aside it is frustrating that you see it from the stands, and yet they fail to reconginze it on the pitch.

KRO
04-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Garcia got "Canned"!!!

Greg
04-16-2010, 03:30 PM
"most definitely"

Snoop
04-16-2010, 04:11 PM
I liked what our back four brought regardless of our superior numbers for most of the game.

I would like to see that same starting back four for the next four to five games even if mistakes are made and we don't get all the results. They need to grow together and get used to playing together.

Although Usanov was caught on the Philly goal, the announcers said that he barely speaks a lick of English, so communication will be a hindrance for a while and could have played a part in the goal. Both our fullbacks attempted to move up the flanks and seemed to know how to cross the ball.

We cannot have a revolving door in defence especially with all the new players on the team, they need minutes together.

A side note, any other Manchester United supporters will attest to the fact that when Vidic and Evra arrived they were sloppy and prone to mistakes but now they are world class defenders, we need to give our Canadian Shield some time to become solid.

Davenport
04-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Let's see what he's like when he's tested by a quality forward.

The full backs look very average.

That back 4 will struggle against a good forward line.

Super Cereal
04-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Couldn't agree more!

I thought he had a solid game, and he seems like such a great guy I don't know how you can't root for him.

jloome
04-16-2010, 06:14 PM
How did Nana have a poor game? He formed a good partnership with Adrian, they communicated and switched very well. The only goal was due to a mental lapse by Gargan. They both defended well. Adrian outshone Nana, but not because Nana had a poor game. They were both solid.

Usanov. Gargan was playing mid at that time and the back post was Usanov's responsibility.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-16-2010, 06:18 PM
yep and Cann kept him on side, i think the wingbacks will get better as the season goes on

TFCRegina
04-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Gargan actually had a fairly solid game.

Razcle
04-17-2010, 08:58 AM
Glad to see him as a solid defender in that game. That can only help improve the small confidence we have in this team right now. Lets hope we turned a corner the other night and continue to play more composed from the back forward....then give the ball to Dero

Gazza
04-17-2010, 09:03 AM
sing it with me now "lowered expectations!"...but his post game interview was classic.

J .
04-17-2010, 09:45 AM
He played well, we will see how he fairs vs Casey in Colorado

Ossington Mental Youth
04-17-2010, 10:35 AM
its going to be quite a physical game in our defensive end thats for sure, itll be good to see what our defense, although in its early stages, is capable of

DichioTFC
04-17-2010, 10:40 AM
He played well, we will see how he fairs vs Casey in Colorado

That'll be the true test. If Adrian can win all the headers like he did against Le Toux and Philly, then I'll be chanting:

"YES WE CANN!!"

felipe
04-17-2010, 10:53 AM
And if he doesn't we can yell

'No we Cann't!"

TorCanSoc
04-17-2010, 10:59 AM
From 27 rows up at midfield Cann looked huge. Strong shoulder to shoulder. Not afraid to challenge long balls, great in the air. Jury has not deliberated on his ball skills and distribution, need a few more games. No real phk ups so his positioning must have been ok.

Darlofletch
05-13-2010, 09:39 AM
Bump.

This seemed way too early when posted after his first game, but I am now fully on board with this, he's been much better than I expected. Him and Attakora look really solid together.

Pachuco
05-13-2010, 09:52 AM
Bump.

This seemed way too early when posted after his first game, but I am now fully on board with this, he's been much better than I expected. Him and Attakora look really solid together.

CANANA :canada:

The all Canadian Cann and Nana pairing!

GhostKiller
05-13-2010, 10:09 AM

This is amazing

sully
05-13-2010, 10:10 AM

Great...but we're screwed when we lose them to Canada

kitchener-TFC
05-13-2010, 10:16 AM
"CANNANA" banner anyone?

James17930
05-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Great...but we're screwed when we lose them to Canada

Damn Canada . . . ;)

sampace
05-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Cann and Attakora should become known as the CANADIAN SHIELD!

J .
05-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Cann is looking better and he's definately winning me over with his solid play. Ive always been an Attakora fan, but they are looking rock solid.

He did well vs Casey, great communication with himself, N.A and Frei to clear MTL's style of playing in through balls.

I am definately hoping for more of the same when Landycakes and Puddle are lined up opposite. They are faster and much more creative, huge, huge test.

Ben - D.O.W.
05-13-2010, 11:05 AM
So did Cann lose out on a single ball in the air last night? I can't remember one and it looked to really frustrate the Montreal player he was all over (can't remember the name at the moment).

sampace
05-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Cann + Attakora + CANADIAN SHIELD We need a banner guys!

Detroit_TFC
05-13-2010, 08:54 PM
Cann + Attakora + CANADIAN SHIELD We need a banner guys!

I like it.

rocker
05-13-2010, 10:38 PM
Cann's turned out to be better (so far) than I expected. I was not that impressed with him when he played for Vancouver. Reminded me of a big lug with size/strength but no understanding of the game back then.

When he was signed I was in the "anybody but Garcia" camp when it came to Cann. But he's actually proven to be a lot better than I expected. He's not just filling a hole or avoiding catastrophic mistakes. He's great in the air, does most of the fundamentals well, etc. I hope he can keep it up all season.... if so this is a much bigger signing than I ever could have guessed.

DichioTFC
05-13-2010, 10:50 PM
I am unapologetically on the Cann bandwagon and I'm proud to say that I have been since the leadup to the signing.

Yes We Cann!!

btw.. LOVE the Canadian Shield idea!!

Flipityflu
05-14-2010, 04:17 PM
i like him. i feel alot more comfortable with our defense now.

also, during the lineup announcements, i wanna do a william shatner impression.

DichioTFC
05-14-2010, 05:04 PM
2VyzII09Hos

Yo Adrian!

Flipityflu
05-14-2010, 09:12 PM
wRnSnfiUI54

greatwhitenorf
05-15-2010, 11:41 PM
Heard an interview on the radio tonight. Weird accent. Where's he from?

But he and Attakora are like Dawson and King back there.

Luca
05-16-2010, 12:03 AM

Thornhill.

Davenport
05-16-2010, 12:04 AM

He's from Baywatch City....the place west of LA, man

Attaboy and Can......the dynamic duo !!!!!

TFCUNITED
05-16-2010, 12:15 AM
I have been pretty impressed with Cann. Who would of thought that Mo would actually bring in a good CB? :D

Luca
05-16-2010, 12:16 AM
He's fantastic. Always calm on the ball and rarely lets anyone by him.

Pachuco
05-16-2010, 12:45 AM
CANANA comes through again!

T.O TILL I DIE
05-16-2010, 01:12 AM
im impressed by can

TheKing7
06-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Adrian stopped by my school today - hes a graduate. I had a little talk with him and he loves the city and the club. Really good guy and seems soo genuine. I'm very glad we've signed him, a good guy who's helped the club improve tremendously.

jloome
06-10-2010, 05:29 PM

The accent's from his parents, who are of some weird mix (portugese and south african, or something like that.)

Here's his model listing, for anyone who needs a good laugh. Good thing he knows how to play D, or he'd never live this shit down:

http://www.modelresource.ca/Newface/Next_2005/Adrian_Cann.shtml

Redpunkfiddle
06-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Ayeeee- dreeee ANNN!

Yo.

Brooker
06-10-2010, 05:41 PM
King Cann!

gtaguy
06-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Solid Solid player.. to me he is the best signing of 2010.. Best part about this player is he's quiet, concentrates on his game and is hard to play against. Maturity level beyond his age.
Without a doubt this kid has a bright future..

Brooker
06-10-2010, 05:54 PM
He's 30 in a few months. :D

Ossington Mental Youth
06-10-2010, 06:25 PM
The accent's from his parents, who are of some weird mix (portugese and south african, or something like that.)

Here's his model listing, for anyone who needs a good laugh. Good thing he knows how to play D, or he'd never live this shit down:

http://www.modelresource.ca/Newface/Next_2005/Adrian_Cann.shtml

jamaican and slovak if im not mistaken

DangerRed
06-11-2010, 12:24 PM
I saw Adrian last weekend the day after the KC game while I was having lunch at Barrio Lounge in Leslieville. Was with his gf (or wife?).