PDA

View Full Version : Wall of Honour???

Section 117
04-16-2010, 11:48 AM
I was at the game last night and when the announcer directed our attention to the Wall of Honour I notice that only Jimmy is there??

I will not argue the merits of whether Jimmy belongs on the wall or not. My concern is why wasn't Dichio #9 on the wall as well. IMO this is just another slight by the front office towards Danny.

Does anyone know if he will get his own ceremony and announcement pre game unveiling his name on the Wall of Honour?

GabrielHurl
04-16-2010, 11:49 AM
You'd have to assume Danny is getting his own day

FluSH
04-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Dichio should have been there first... we all know it... many people whispered it. Anyhow, I don't want to take anything away from Brennan. I just hope they are holding on to Dichio's celebration with a Testimonial... anything less and I would be dissapointed.

and the truth is that Dichio can pack the house with 20,000 strong regardless of the team that we play... just to watch Dichio

BuSaPuNk
04-16-2010, 11:55 AM
Dichio should have been there first... we all know it... many people whispered it. Anyhow, I don't want to take anything away from Brennan. I just hope they are holding on to Dichio's celebration with a Testimonial... anything less and I would be dissapointed.

and the truth is that Dichio can pack the house with 20,000 strong regardless of the team that we play... just to watch Dichio

Amen brother.

Danny is the heart and soul of not only the team but of all the supporters for TFC. He's our Richard or Clark and always will be remembered.

Danny should have it during a testimonal mabey against QPR, Samporia, MILLWALL!!

prizby
04-16-2010, 11:56 AM
already a thread discussing it

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=21751

Parkdale
04-16-2010, 11:57 AM
I disagree.

Brennan was the captain, the first signing and a Canadian.
Danny was a fan favorite, but I'm 100% Brennan getting his name up there first.

In fact, if you asked Danny, we'd probably say 'Give it to Jim first. He deserves it.'

and Danny will probably get his name up there next week, so it will all work out well in the end.

Section 117
04-16-2010, 11:58 AM
I think that this deserved it's own thread. Not one about honouring Jimmy

Boris
04-16-2010, 11:59 AM
sooooooon

Parkdale
04-16-2010, 12:01 PM
I think that this deserved it's own thread. Not one about honouring Jimmy

but you posted this:

I was at the game last night and when the announcer directed our attention to the Wall of Honour I notice that only Jimmy is there??

I will not argue the merits of whether Jimmy belongs on the wall or not. My concern is why wasn't Dichio #9 on the wall as well. IMO this is just another slight by the front office towards Danny.

clearly it's impossible to talk about one without the other.

but yeah, danny is getting his name up there too. not an issue.

Section 117
04-16-2010, 12:03 PM
I disagree.

In fact, if you asked Danny, we'd probably say 'Give it to Jim first. He deserves it.'

and Danny will probably get his name up there next week, so it will all work out well in the end.

Do you think Danny would say anything but that as he is a true professional.

What if he doesn't do you know for sure??? Does anyone really know??

IMO the way the saga about Danny last year played out I think this was done on purpose by our favorite director of soccer

DVS
04-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Idon't think anyone deserves honour. One trophy in 3 seasons with no playoffs. Shouldn't these honours be taken a little more seriously?

I guess MLSE will raise a banner just for the hell of it ... even if it represents losing

http://www.thehockeynews.com/imgs/dynamique/photos/original/article_20314_1.jpg

DichioTFC
04-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Point of thread: Danny Dichio should be on the Wall of Honour.

Reality: Danny Dichio will be on the Wall soon.

torfchamilton
04-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Maybe this was Jimmy B's first idea that he presented as the assistant to MoJo, lol.

Parkdale
04-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Do you think Danny would say anything but that as he is a true professional.

What if he doesn't do you know for sure??? Does anyone really know??

for some reason, I think that Danny probably doesn't feel slighted or jealous that Jim got on the wall the week before him.

he doesn't strike me as a petty person, and worrying about thing kind of things is well... not worth worrying about.

Danny has had probably the best recognition of his efforts that any player, on any team, in any sport could have.
If his name announcement is a week, or a month, or a year after someone else's,
it shouldn't make any difference because he's already received the real honour form the fans.

Hitcho
04-16-2010, 12:13 PM
Yeah I have to say that I'm with Parky on this one. As much as I hero worship Danny, Jimmy was the first signing and let;s not forget that at the time he left a successful career in England behind to come here. Signing him was hugely significant. he gave instant credence to the entire organization. We didn't even have a stadium built when he signed up, or any other players on board.

First signing, first captain, first in miuntes played for the club (not a valued stat in England but seems to be over here), first player of the year - first on the wall.

But, Danny should be right behind him. I'd expect to see the Dichio 9 shirt up there before too long, and certainly before the season is out. The way De Ro is going he'll end up being third on the wall, but hopefully that's a ways off yet, with a Supporter's Shield for him to lift first!

Did they play Legend TFC for the unveiling? It should become the theme song for any future unveilings and player honourings.

kitchener-TFC
04-16-2010, 12:16 PM

You mean 22,000 strong? :D

Cas87
04-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Anyone have a pic of the wall?
Where is it in the stadium

Dudebroguy
04-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Beneath the press boxes, underneath the roof.

DichioTFC
04-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Anyone have a pic of the wall?
Where is it in the stadium

If you watch the 6 Minute Recap on TFCTV you'll see a good picture of it.

FluSH
04-16-2010, 12:34 PM

Danny should have it during a testimonal mabey against QPR, Samporia, MILLWALL!!

Any of the above three matches would be AMAZING!!!!

This has to happen.

Globetrotter
04-16-2010, 12:34 PM
There's 2 home games that wrap around MAY 12th. YOU REMEMBER THAT DATE???? Perhaps May 8th vs CHICAGO (the team we scored against) MIGHT BE THE GAME HE IS HONOURED??????

MAYBE!?

JonO
04-16-2010, 12:37 PM
^ My money is on May 8

Hitcho
04-16-2010, 12:38 PM
^^ that would be nice, but you're assuming way too much class on behalf of He Who Must Go...

Kevvv
04-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Who, Paul? Or are you assuming that Mo erected the wall?

ginkster88
04-16-2010, 12:40 PM

I love him, but I really don't think that's the case. The group of people I was with yesterday asked me "do we still have that bald guy?", right after they said "they must have grass now because why would you water turf?". Most people aren't drawn to TFC because of one Danny Dichio. A lot of people couldn't even name our starting 11... hell, I couldn't name our starting 11 yesterday.

DichioTFC
04-16-2010, 12:42 PM
I love him, but I really don't think that's the case. The group of people I was with yesterday asked me "do we still have that bald guy?", right after they said "they must have grass now because why would you water turf?". Most people aren't drawn to TFC because of one Danny Dichio. A lot of people couldn't even name our starting 11... hell, I couldn't name our starting 11 yesterday.

Raivis 'Alphabet Soup' Hscanovics

MartinUtd
04-16-2010, 12:42 PM

Maybe Brennan is first since he was signed first...?

FluSH
04-16-2010, 04:06 PM
We want a Dichio Testimonal!

yanggoh
04-16-2010, 04:09 PM
i'm just taking this as a sign that DD is coming out of retirement!

trane
04-16-2010, 04:13 PM
^ I have to say I was very dissapointed by Brennan going first. Nothing against Brennan he was very solid in the first year at CB, but other then that and being our first signing, how does he over shadow Danny.

TheRenter
04-16-2010, 04:23 PM
so,...does this mean that no one will ever dawn the #11 jersey for TFC again..!?

Davenport
04-16-2010, 04:28 PM
^ I have to say I was very dissapointed by Brennan going first. Nothing against Brennan he was very solid in the first year at CB, but other then that and being our first signing, how does he over shadow Danny.

He may be a lovely lad etc, but there's no way that Brennan should have been first. His legs went in the first year he played for TFC.
Another cock up by the management.

Dichio should have been first, no contest.

Damien
04-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Brennan just got it first cuz he was here first and lasted... simple.

Dichio will get up there without a doubt.

ilikemusic
04-16-2010, 04:46 PM
They arent going to flat out 'retire' numbers are they?

I really hope not. Carry over the Leafs tradition of 'honouring' the number, but leaving it open to current and future players.

Cause God knows if we are going to retire players with as few accomplishments as Dichio and Brennan, we will be in the triple digits in no time.

Alixir
04-16-2010, 05:05 PM
think about it..Jimmy B was the first signing, the first captain and played every game as a captain should. They will definately do one for Dichio but they probably felt that there was a sentemental thing about first signing first captain....don't worry Dichio will get his.

Shakes McQueen
04-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Idon't think anyone deserves honour. One trophy in 3 seasons with no playoffs. Shouldn't these honours be taken a little more seriously?

I guess MLSE will raise a banner just for the hell of it ... even if it represents losing

YOU DO NOT SHIT ON WENDEL CLARK.

- Scott

nfitz
04-16-2010, 05:18 PM
It's just how things went down. Dicho was acknowledged in the first home game after he retired. Then they thought up this new scheme, and Brennan retired before the first home game. Timing seems obvious. I can't imagine Dichio is bothered by this, so why should we?

Why is there always such a desire to find the half-empty glass when everyone has a drink in their hands? Drink the rest of the glass, and just pour yourself another beer; the next one's for Danny!

Wolfe
04-16-2010, 06:06 PM
I disagree.

PREACH!!!!

I was gonna say the exact same thing

222Westside
04-16-2010, 06:40 PM

I agree 100%. The team doesn't have anyone worthy of being on a wall of honour. They are simply too young. Dichio??? he scored 14 goals for the club....

FluSH
04-16-2010, 06:46 PM
I agree 100%. The team doesn't have anyone worthy of being on a wall of honour. They are simply too young. Dichio??? he scored 14 goals for the club....

You mean Dichio brought us respect and pride when we were the joke of all jokes in this mad hockey town...

14 Goals is nothing but a number.

Dichio gave this club cojones.

drewski
04-16-2010, 07:29 PM
its called the wall of honour, not the wall of winning. there will be a time and place for that. (hopefully sooner than later)

players who give their all and stand out above the rest deserves to be honoured, regardless of team record IMO

222Westside
04-16-2010, 09:35 PM
You mean Dichio brought us respect and pride when we were the joke of all jokes in this mad hockey town...

14 Goals is nothing but a number.

Dichio gave this club cojones.

Sorry man, I don't have the "hard-on" most do on this board with respect to Dichio. He scored some big goals, but I never felt he did much. Tall, but never won a ball in the air, slow, I still don't think he knows what offside is. But he did have an ability to make something out of nothing at times and put the ball in the net. I don't know about respect and pride, we still haven't made the post season in a league where almost everyone make it in.

The media in this town is all hockey, then baseball/basketball. Hopefully TFC can produce some results, and more positive media will follow.