PDA

View Full Version : Very lucky

torontocelt
04-16-2010, 07:24 AM
I am sure most people would agree that we were very lucky last night. For me Preki had the wrong line up from the start. Playing DeRo as a lone striker with support coming from a defensive midfielder clearly was not working and this was identifiable within the first 15 mins or so. In fairness ot PReki he did change things but it took him some time to do so. I think Preki only changed it once we were 1 man up, perhaps I am wrong, I cannot remember? He was clearly trying to ensure that we did not lose that game by playing one up, he obviously must have been feeling the heat from his teams last heavy loss.

I think we got lucky on three seperate occurances:

1) The P U player being sent off.
2) The dodgy keeper.
3) P U taking off their number 20, the small attacking midfielder. At least I think they took him off? For me he had the most vision out of all the players on the pitch, his pass for their goal was excellent but he done a similar pass earlier which caught my attention.

I too was impressed with Cann, he doen the simple things. I was also quite impressed with Chad although I would be wary of playing him and White together as they are too similar and take up the same positions. At times last night they were only metres apart.

TFC dodged a bulltey lat night, they were very lucky but a win is a win and you have to take anything that you can get.

MrHawk
04-16-2010, 07:35 AM
A few things:

1) Yes we were lucky, Philly had a few chances to take the lead when down 1-man.
2) Our goals were soft

But the main thing is that 3 points were had, in a game when we could have easily dropped it.

Take the good with the bad and hopefully let Preki continue.

Oldtimer
04-16-2010, 07:45 AM
There is nothing new in this thread. Please continue the discussion in the post-game thread.