PDA

View Full Version : Best Lineup/Formation

Nuvinho
04-15-2010, 10:11 PM
Okay, without playing players out of position, and with the our current squad, what is our best formation/starting XI?

===============Frei==============
Usanov====Nana======Cann=======Rei
===============JDG==============
Peterson===================LaBrocca
==============DeRo==============
==========White=====Barrett=======

Bombonera
04-15-2010, 10:19 PM
tough call putting peterson in there... Sangayng is pretty feerless, and I am not sure that Cronin wouldn't be an interesting play in the back...

ballerz
04-15-2010, 10:37 PM
Can we convert Sam Cronin to a RB? With Sanyang deserving of a spot, there is nowhere else to play him! I would play a 4-2-2-1-1

-------------------------Frei---------------------------
Cronin --------Cann----------Attakora------Hscanovic
-----------------De Guzman------Sanyang---------------
Gargan--------------------------------------------Barrett
----------------------De Rosario-------------------------
--------------------------------White--------------------

Darlofletch
04-15-2010, 10:37 PM
not the 4-6-0 that preki went with for the first half.

at least one official forward would be nice.

DichioTFC
04-15-2010, 10:49 PM
cronin is on his way out. no way that preki is going to let him play.

ballerz
04-15-2010, 10:52 PM
cronin is on his way out. no way that preki is going to let him play.

I have to agree. Let's hope Mo don't get us a defensive/central midfielder back in return! You know, we are still waiting on our stud central defender, pacey wingers, or that true striker...

Lennon
04-15-2010, 10:55 PM
--------------------------------Frei-----------------------------------
Gargan/Usniov--------Attakora-----------Harden/Cann--------Hščanovičs
----------------------LeBrocca----------De Guzman---------------------
-------------Peterson---------De Rosario-------------Barrett-----------
---------------------------------White---------------------------------

DichioTFC
04-15-2010, 10:59 PM
I have to agree. Let's hope Mo don't get us a defensive/central midfielder back in return! You know, we are still waiting on our stud central defender, pacey wingers, or that true striker...

with Nana and Cann soldifying our defence, we're pretty good with the backline. i would be happy with a skilled fullback.. unfortunate thing is that cronin's value could have been much higher had he got the time to play. but preki has bottled him up and now he looks like a guy who just couldnt cut it in the MLS.

Pachuco
04-15-2010, 11:01 PM
Gargan--------Attakora----------- Cann--------Hscanovic
----------------------Cronin----------Sanyang---------------------
-------------Labrocca---------DeGuzman-----------------
-------------------------Dero-------------Barrett----------------------------

Stryker
04-15-2010, 11:31 PM
------------------Frei-------------------
Attakora---Gomez------Cann---Hscanovic
-------Cronin-----------De Guzman------
---------------LaBrocca-----------------
--------De Rosario-------------Barrett---
-------------------White----------------

Ossington Mental Youth
04-16-2010, 12:01 AM
definitely liked what i saw from the line up in the second half, although id rather maintain a 4-4-2 than the 3-5-2 we used for a good part (and rightfully so it was the needed formation in a situation like that), i still think its a bit early before i start saying which players i prefer over which (ie Peterson, Gargan, Saric, Sanyang etc etc)

as of right now id say

---------------------Frei--------------------
Usanov-----Attakora---Cann-----Hscanovic--
Gargan-----DeGuzman--Sanyang---DeRo-----
-----------White------Barrett--------------

These are subject to change (particularly Gargan/Usanov) i do think that as time passes they will get better in their respective positions (we might even see Peterson over Gargan or a rotation between combinations of Gargan, Usanov, Peterson. Peterson always playing wing, Usanov always RB and Gargan playing either).

Same goes for Sanyang/Labrocca/Saric/Cronin. I was really happy with Sanyang tonight, particularly with how he shut down Torres. It does help they are about the same age. Still not sure about Saric.

Thought DeGuzman played a billion times better and even arguably shone in his proper position in the second half.

Id even argue Strykers formation looks good too (sauve the Attakora at RB and Gomez in the middle)

ballerz
04-16-2010, 12:06 AM
with Nana and Cann soldifying our defence, we're pretty good with the backline. i would be happy with a skilled fullback.. unfortunate thing is that cronin's value could have been much higher had he got the time to play. but preki has bottled him up and now he looks like a guy who just couldnt cut it in the MLS.

Cronin was called by USA for the Golf Cup and was called into the USA setup at the end of last season. If the national team views him as a B player, I think MLS coaches can also look past the Preki benching.

I would love to see a Sam Cronin for Robbie Rogers trade straight up. Both teams get rid of someone they don't want.

DichioTFC
04-16-2010, 12:08 AM
Cronin was called by USA for the Golf Cup and was called into the USA setup at the end of last season. If the national team views him as a B player, I think MLS coaches can also look past the Preki benching.

I would love to see a Sam Cronin for Robbie Rogers trade straight up. Both teams get rid of someone they don't want.

Marvel Wynne was a USA starter! sometimes the players dont fulfill their potential, and although I think Cronin will in the future, I don't think Preki will give him an opportunity to do so with this club.

ballerz
04-16-2010, 12:17 AM
Marvel Wynne was a USA starter! sometimes the players dont fulfill their potential, and although I think Cronin will in the future, I don't think Preki will give him an opportunity to do so with this club.

I am just saying Sam Cronin has value. Wynne fetched Labrocca, who isn't all bad. There are a lot of fringe USA internationals who are above average MLS players (Rogers being one of them).

BeerBaron95
04-16-2010, 12:22 AM
Truly believe Barret should not play striker.. maybe a mid in the 7 or 8 position as he was distributing the ball pretty well tonight.

Whoop
04-16-2010, 12:29 AM
Cronin for a striker?

Lennon
04-16-2010, 12:32 AM
You guys should keep in mind that Preki won't play a formation without two 2way mids in the middle ...

BeerBaron95
04-16-2010, 12:35 AM
You guys should keep in mind that Preki won't play a formation without two 2way mids in the middle ...

then Barret is a good choice no? he seems solid defensively

Lennon
04-16-2010, 12:40 AM
then Barret is a good choice no? he seems solid defensively

check out my formation ...

I think Barrett would be used best as a left wing forward that tracks back when possession is lost ... might be a bit too much work for him though, he'd be gassed by the 60th min ...

BeerBaron95
04-16-2010, 12:45 AM
Looks good.. think he should in the middle of the pitch though.

GeorgeBest
04-16-2010, 06:58 AM
Gargan/Usniov--------Attakora-----------Harden/Cann--------Hščanovičs
----------------------LeBrocca----------De Guzman---------------------
-------------Peterson---------De Rosario-------------Barrett-----------
---------------------------------White---------------------------------

This looks right. LeBrocca looked good at DM when he moved back after Sanyang was injured. (However realistically Preki probably wants one bruiser (Sanyang or Saric) at DM.) Barrett is better on wing than striker. Peterson hit a few decent crosses.

ManUtd4ever
04-16-2010, 07:08 AM
Okay, without playing players out of position, and with the our current squad, what is our best formation/starting XI?

===============Frei==============
Usanov====Nana======Cann=======Rei
===============JDG==============
Peterson===================LaBrocca
==============DeRo==============
==========White=====Barrett=======

I like this starting lineup for now pending further changes to the roster. It provides a good balance of defensive/offensive acumen and should allow for effective ball movement. It also provides a fairly deep bench with potential starters such as Cronin, Sanyang, Gargan, and Saric ready to step in...