PDA

View Full Version : Supporters Voice Censored!!

Pages : 1 [2]

gunnerken
04-16-2010, 09:30 AM
When I arrived at Gate 3 about 10 min. before kickoff and was told I had to go to Gate 4 to "check in my flag" (normal checkered'T' ), I was absolutely stunned...no prior notice and, to top it off, I just had a hip replaced 2 months ago...no way was I walking all the way around the stadium to satisfy some last minute front office directive...took about 5 minutes but after talking my way through 3 levels of security (offered my seat # and cell # and said you can come to me)...I finally was let through...absolute bullsh*t...the most inane part is, why not have the check in at Gate 3, where probably 80% of the banners/flags come in ?...there better be a clearer, more sensible approach to this next game that is broadcast to the supporters so we know what we're in for !...

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-16-2010, 09:34 AM
What can you say, MLSE is taking notes from the lowest of the low.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/12/manchester-united-ban-players-glazers
With due respect, that's completely, completely different. There's a massive difference between players complaining about ownership and fans complaining about a GM. Players have a responsibility to behave professionally, because they're employed by the club. We, on the other hand, are not; hell, we're the ones who pay the bills.

Parkdale
04-16-2010, 09:37 AM
When I arrived at Gate 3 about 10 min. before kickoff and was told I had to go to Gate 4 to "check in my flag" (normal checkered'T' ), I was absolutely stunned...no prior notice and, to top it off, I just had a hip replaced 2 months ago...no way was I walking all the way around the stadium to satisfy some last minute front office directive...took about 5 minutes but after talking my way through 3 levels of security (offered my seat # and cell # and said you can come to me)...I finally was let through...absolute bullsh*t...the most inane part is, why not have the check in at Gate 3, where probably 80% of the banners/flags come in ?...there better be a clearer, more sensible approach to this next game that is broadcast to the supporters so we know what we're in for !...

^^^ if anyone from the team is taking notes..... please make sure to read this post.

ParadymeTFC
04-16-2010, 09:38 AM
With due respect, that's completely, completely different. There's a massive difference between players complaining about ownership and fans complaining about a GM. Players have a responsibility to behave professionally, because they're employed by the club. We, on the other hand, are not; hell, we're the ones who pay the bills.

They talk about taking measures against supporters in the article too.

Hitcho
04-16-2010, 09:41 AM
Calling out the FO directly is silly.

Just knowing that they see this is enough.

Mr. Paul is generally cool enough to share what he can when he can...but calling him out isn't the best idea.

Agreed, but I think you should read my post again. The whole point is that I wasn't trying to call him out, I was doing the opopsite and saying that right now all we have is a one sided conversation, and recognizing that we maybe didn't have a balanced view.

For all we know PB may see this thread, look into it and say "you know what guys, this got screwed up, sorry about that, we'll try and work on better lines of communication going forward".

I don't think offering that chance is untoward in any way, and I specifically said in my post it was not a loaded question. Besides I have never jumped on the PB bashing badnwagon on here, in fact I've done the opopsite on several occasions. I think we're very lucky to have someone in PB's position posting and communicating with us on here. You won't find that at chelsea, for example (not to pick on them, it's just an example), or many clubs anywhere in fact, and I've made that point a lot in the past.

ecospice
04-16-2010, 09:41 AM
NEE got theirs through.

But yeah that does suck.

I guess from the press box Mo can't see the NEE banners.

The censorship is shameful.

Whoop
04-16-2010, 09:42 AM
The more you fight to quell the voice, the more it will fight back...

The initial hope inside the Old Trafford boardroom was that the protests would eventually fade out but the club's attempts to quell the uprising have been unsuccessful. Protests were so widespread during the Milan game that CES had to abandon its usual policy of trying to remove the many banners criticising the Glazers and Gill.

Belfast_Boy
04-16-2010, 09:47 AM
wow, just frigging wow!

did they just pick a fight?

Hitcho
I didn't say my concern was team support (although I care about that). It has to do with effectiveness.

Rolling out anti-Mo banners right now (particularly when the team is winning) is ineffective and ruins your credibility.

Do you protest for the sake of protest, because it makes you feel better, or do you protest for results?

A protest later in the season if the team does poorly could spur Anselmi to get rid of Mo (he might be leaning that way already if there's no playoff $$$). If you protest all year long, Anselmi will say "Oh it's just those malcontents" and ignore the message.

I agree with you again, but if you draw the line there then by your rationale we have to shut up and silently support Mo even if Preki manages to drag us into the play offs this season. Mo could be doing a shite job, pissing off players and fans alike and having his ass saved by a decent coach. In my book, there's no reason we cannot support the team and still call for Mo to be fired in those kind of circumstances. He's now in year 4, we're still in a freaking mess (last night was a lucky win and we could easily be on 3 losses for the season right now) and most of that lays at Mo's feet. Do we really want to keep going with him just ebcause Preki might manage to clean up some of the mess?

Yes, if we save up the anti-Mo sentiment until the situation reaches breaking point then it might have more immediate impact when unleashed.

But there's also something to be said for constantly building pressure, because in the end it will be pressure (from whatever source) that gets rid of him.

Two different schools of thought I guess.

Boris
Nothing will be done about this. I gauran-damn-tee it! This is not the place to be if you want RPB to do anything about flag censorship. They have zero pull with FO. Deal with it on your own. Otherwise you will just get to read 5 pages on the semantics of what sports business is from armchair CEOs.

nothing wil be done?
i was on the phone all game and sending emails now to fix this issue and get to the bottom of it. strong statements....let me just say that....

Technorgasm
Big Win for NEE.
WEll done lads.

ME and another person, just poked our flags through the gate and walked in and grabbed them.

Sorry Paul
They were the ones we got made the red checkered "t"

Will they let us store our flags at BMO?

Dave67
04-16-2010, 09:48 AM
I didn't say my concern was team support (although I care about that). It has to do with effectiveness.

Rolling out anti-Mo banners right now (particularly when the team is winning) is ineffective and ruins your credibility.

Do you protest for the sake of protest, because it makes you feel better, or do you protest for results?

A protest later in the season if the team does poorly could spur Anselmi to get rid of Mo (he might be leaning that way already if there's no playoff $$$). If you protest all year long, Anselmi will say "Oh it's just those malcontents" and ignore the message.

We thought Mo should have been gone after season 3. I'm not giving him another 5 minutes of goodwill.

Parkdale
04-16-2010, 09:53 AM

they have a habit of misplacing things.

Belfast_Boy
04-16-2010, 09:55 AM
nothing wil be done?
i was on the phone all game and sending emails now to fix this issue and get to the bottom of it. strong statements....let me just say that....

thanks Boris. so what are they saying? are we being censored?

Boris
04-16-2010, 09:57 AM
thanks Boris. so what are they saying? are we being censored?

ill update people as we get info.....
weve been on this since last night...during the game

Shaughno
04-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Hey Boris...

THAT'S WHY YOU'RE PRESIDENT..... THAT'S WHY YOUR PRESIDENT!

;)

Parkdale
so... I'm going to subject myself to the pain of browsing the official website.

http://www.torontofc.ca/supporters/code-of-conduct
^ no mention of checking flags at gate 4 there.

http://www.torontofc.ca/prohibited-items

^ are you fucking kidding me?

For the safety and security of our fans, the following is not permitted inside BMO Field:

Umbrellas (Fans are encouraged to bring raincoats or ponchos for inclement weather.)
Outside food & beverage of any kind
Large flags, banners and drums

wait.... what?

Oldtimer
Yes, if we save up the anti-Mo sentiment until the situation reaches breaking point then it might have more immediate impact when unleashed.

But there's also something to be said for constantly building pressure, because in the end it will be pressure (from whatever source) that gets rid of him.

Two different schools of thought I guess.

I'm afraid you don't understand MLSE. They only act when things reach the breaking point (example in point, JFJ).

Save up the sentiment. That will work.

Steve
04-16-2010, 10:02 AM
I just have to say, this is potentially a very bad and shortsighted move by the club. The problem is, in this day and age, the attempt to silence dissent only ever ends in intensifying it (look up the Streisand effect on wiki). Fans holding up signs saying they don't like their GM is, quite frankly (sorry guys) boring, and happens all the time. But, a club stopping fans from holding up signs is much more interesting to the league, and world, at large, and so has a much greater chance of getting much more attention (and since attention these days doesn't rely on traditional media, MLSE has no power over it).

Sorry TFC, but if I were you, I would have just let people do what they want. Protests burn themselves out without opposition, but if you give them an enemy, they merely gain steam.

Whoop
04-16-2010, 10:02 AM
Big Win for NEE.
WEll done lads.

ME and another person, just poked our flags through the gate and walked in and grabbed them.

Sorry Paul

And lose them again? LOL

Yeoman
04-16-2010, 10:03 AM
In the 2004 season the Sens made a rule that if someone wanted to wear a Leafs sweater to the then-named Corel Centre, they had to donate an item of canned food, which had the added advantage of making Leafs fans look evil and un-charitable if they didn't comply. So it's not unheard of.

first i've heard of that, being to a few sens/leafs games and all
yeah and i'm pretty sure from what i saw; boris saw even less of the game then i did, and i was drumming
say the word boris, and i'll get a flaming scooter on the field <3

Bloor West FC
04-16-2010, 10:03 AM
I had the same problem, I was coming just when the roster was being announced on the P.A, the security told me I can't enter the stadium from gate 3, So i just walked to another person in gate 3 and as soon as the security girl saw me she ran to ask another security guard if I was allowed in by this time my ticket was checked and I just ran to my seat. :).

Parkdale
04-16-2010, 10:04 AM
Sorry TFC, but if I were you, I would have just let people do what they want. Protests burn themselves out without opposition, but if you give them an enemy, they merely gain steam.

and imagine if the dissatisfied fans of the raptors and the leafs happened to see our side of things?

DichioTFC
04-16-2010, 10:04 AM

Its very true. Running on a hamster-wheel isn't productive or conducive to getting results. Protest when your words will mean the most and have the most impact. If we protests with regularity then, 1. we'll look like idiots and 2. nobody will take heed to what we say.

People need to calm down with all the protest talk and see whats best for the group, not just what they feel like doing at that current moment.

Whoop
04-16-2010, 10:05 AM
I just have to say, this is potentially a very bad and shortsighted move by the club. The problem is, in this day and age, the attempt to silence dissent only ever ends in intensifying it (look up the Streisand effect on wiki). Fans holding up signs saying they don't like their GM is, quite frankly (sorry guys) boring, and happens all the time. But, a club stopping fans from holding up signs is much more interesting to the league, and world, at large, and so has a much greater chance of getting much more attention (and since attention these days doesn't rely on traditional media, MLSE has no power over it).

Exactly.

Just don't give us a reason to "criticize" and most people won't.

Oldtimer
04-16-2010, 10:06 AM
People need to calm down with all the protest talk and see whats best for the group, not just what they feel like doing at that current moment.

+1, well said.

DichioTFC
04-16-2010, 10:08 AM
wait.... what?

I think we need a clear update on what is / is not allowed on a banner. if they tell us in advance that some messaging is not allowed thats reasonable (to me at least). if they make up these rules the night of the game, then its kinda bullshit for people like the OP who took the time and effort to make the two-stick and wanted to voice his opinion.

Whoop
04-16-2010, 10:08 AM
No one is talking about protests... just about the right to criticize if we want to.

DichioTFC
04-16-2010, 10:12 AM
No one is talking about protests... just about the right to criticize if we want to.

I hear you, being critical is a right with paid entry. Just want to set the line about protesting, as some people feel the two are intertwined.

denime
Big Win for NEE.
WEll done lads.

Sorry Paul

That's being "Creative" Techo good job, as far NEE goes premature protest but hey are all about protests lately anyway.

Dave67
I don't get the calm down thing.

1. Are you saying we should calm down because you think Mo's 5 year plan is working and the future is bright?

2. Are you saying calm down because you think some essentially non offensive flags were seized is acceptable?

3. Are you saying calm down because you will take part in a fully commited Mo must go protest 20 games into this season if TFC is not solidly in a playoff spot?

I can wait til #3, but I'm not waiting forever.

denime
04-16-2010, 10:13 AM
I don't get the calm down thing.

No, He is saying go to Member forum and vent there.

jabbronies
04-16-2010, 10:16 AM

I don't want to get into the whole why we should or shouldn't protest against Mo. The timing of this banner isn't what's being discussed. I'm sure I could start a thread and it would be 500 pages of why we should start rolling out the message. But that is not the issue.

The issue is this message is banned from BMO. Whether you or I think the timing is right or not doesn't matter here. it's about censorship IMO

Parkdale
04-16-2010, 10:19 AM
there are three main issues:

1 ) our feelings on Mo (and this isn't the thread for it)

2 ) having our banners subject to approval, which is a new thing, and a bad thing

3 ) the inconsistent, unnanounced, and poorly run entry policy into BMO.

See gunnerken's post again.
Dude had hip surgery, and is told that his red and white checkered flag had to be taken to the other side of BMO for approval.

DichioTFC
04-16-2010, 10:20 AM
No, He is saying go to Member forum and vent there.

Exactly. +1

Whoop
04-16-2010, 10:20 AM
If they want to do a check a) let us know and b) do it at gate 3.

Nomad
04-16-2010, 10:21 AM
nothing wil be done?

You've known about these new rules since March 31st so i don't know why this comes as a complete shock to your members.

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-16-2010, 10:21 AM
ill update people as we get info.....
weve been on this since last night...during the game
Good to hear. :)

I agree with what Whoopee said above, it's about the right to criticize if we want. Anti-Mo banners are neither profane nor offensive in nature.

DichioTFC
04-16-2010, 10:23 AM
there are three main issues:

1 ) our feelings on Mo (and this isn't the thread for it)

2 ) having our banners subject to approval, which is a new thing, and a bad thing

3 ) the inconsistent, unnanounced, and poorly run entry policy into BMO.

See gunnerken's post again.
Dude had hip surgery, and is told that his red and white checkered flag had to be taken to the other side of BMO for approval.

Definitely. We need to know if the BMO security intends for this to be a precedent and, if so, clear rules on the issue, not some haphazard BS made up on the spot.

Parkdale
04-16-2010, 10:26 AM
You've known about these new rules since March 31st so i don't know why this comes as a complete shock to your members.

find it on the official TFC website?

Isn't gate policy the kind of thing that the team should be announcing?
the supporters groups don't control the gates, so it's not really our issue to post the rules.

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-16-2010, 10:30 AM
^ I had a look this morning and saw nothing about it. Not sure who was told about this...?

Vecchia Guardia
04-16-2010, 10:32 AM
you watch it
ItpT3VeDvCI

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-16-2010, 10:33 AM
^ Was that after they lost 6-1 to us? :D I remember reading at the time that they left the stands empty for the first half in protest over the team, in their opinion, giving up.

denime
04-16-2010, 10:33 AM

Man your NEE site must be really slow,there is more NEE members on this forum posting in last 12 hrs than ever before.What's the deal?Bored?

Boris
04-16-2010, 10:35 AM

the way it was explained was how RPB did things.
we would meet FO before the game to set up.

we werent told of having banners checked

tfc2007
I'm guessing your job doesn't take place in a big public coliseum.

- Scott

BMO Field is not a public coliseum. Even with a ticket they can kick you out whenever they want. When we chant "this is our house", really, its TFC's house. You can walk in there and tell them to fire MO.

Also tonight wasn't the night for this. NEE displayed their MOJO banners right after the go ahead goal. I thought that kind of took away from the celebration of the goal.

Nomad
find it on the official TFC website?

Isn't gate policy the kind of thing that the team should be announcing?
the supporters groups don't control the gates, so it's not really our issue to post the rules.

I don't dispute they should have announced it on their own website and through emails/various other channels...but don't feign ignorance like this information was not relayed weeks ago. I personally believe there is a responsibility to relay any pertinent information to the members of my SG and to try and resolve conflict that may arise which is what we had been trying to do over the past few weeks via back and forth emails.

Roogsy
04-16-2010, 10:36 AM

Take this piss elsewhere, it's not your place to tell US what we do and do not know.

Gazza
04-16-2010, 10:37 AM
BMO Field is not a public coliseum. Even with a ticket they can kick you out whenever they want. When we chant "this is our house", really, its TFC's house. You can walk in there and tell them to fire MO.

Also tonight wasn't the night for this. NEE displayed their MOJO banners right after the go ahead goal. I thought that kind of took away from the celebration of the goal.

Especially since Mo was the one who brought De Ro in. For a bargain too!

Nomad
04-16-2010, 10:39 AM
the way it was explained was how RPB did things.
we would meet FO before the game to set up.

we werent told of having banners checked

I don't want to get into a public dispute and i apologize in advance but i was in the same room as you and yes, everything was supposed to be checked...from flags to banners to overheads. I will say that MLSE needs to be more consistent in their policy. Some of the people in the room didn't even know of this policy change and the rules are still not completely concrete. I've never seen them written down so it's hard to gauge what is the actual policy without potentially having them change their word to suit their needs.

Phil
04-16-2010, 10:40 AM

We knew about big banners and drums.

2 foot flags were not brought up as items of concerns. We were told that anything excessive was to be held up and approved by a supervisor.

Anyhow this is all going to be fixed for next game. Stay tuned for info.

Gixmo
I don't dispute they should have announced it on their own website and through emails/various other channels...but don't feign ignorance like this information was not relayed weeks ago. I personally believe there is a responsibility to relay any pertinent information to the members of my SG and to try and resolve conflict that may arise which is what we had been trying to do over the past few weeks via back and forth emails.

Not to stir the pot, but if you knew policy, Then why was one of your members outside the white tent throwing a shit fit because he wasn't allowed in with his flag & banner.. He was fairly vocal to his displeasure

LP The RPB
Man your NEE site must be really slow,there is more NEE members on this forum posting in last 12 hrs than ever before.What's the deal?Bored?I have never bothered to log onto there site, so just wondering do RPB's actully go over there & act like assholes or do we just get the treat of having them post like dickheads over here ?

Nomad
04-16-2010, 10:41 AM
Take this piss elsewhere, it's not your place to tell US what we do and do not know.

You can do as you wish, i'm not telling you anything that RPB members haven't already said....that they didn't know this policy change.

Roogsy
04-16-2010, 10:41 AM
Especially since Mo was the one who brought De Ro in. For a bargain too!

You've lost the plot mate and obviously have no knowledge of how DeRo actually came to town. If you think this was a Mo initiative, I have land in the middle of Haiti to sell you.

Boris
04-16-2010, 10:42 AM
I don't want to get into a public dispute and i apologize in advance but i was in the same room as you and yes, everything was supposed to be checked...from flags to banners to overheads. I will say that MLSE needs to be more consistent in their policy. Some of the people in the room didn't even know of this policy change and the rules are still not completely concrete. I've never seen them written down so it's hard to gauge what is the actual policy without potentially having them change their word to suit their needs.

again...it was a pre arranged agreement and it was explained to me it would be like last year.

so please....dont tell me how to relay the message to my supporters.

Dont turn this into one of the classic fights so ill have to ask you to back off

Nomad
04-16-2010, 10:42 AM
Not to stir the pot, but if you knew policy, Then why was one of your members outside the white tent throwing a shit fit because he wasn't allowed in with his flag & banner.. He was fairly vocal to his displeasure

The policy on what messages are allowed and not allowed was not conveyed properly, only that all supporter items must be checked.

scooter
04-16-2010, 10:43 AM
maybe the reason for this game to be played on a week night so espn could cover it is also a political thing for the league and the front office wanted to make sure there were no negatives for the casual veiwers who they want to attract to there stadiums

censorship----is bull s----

i am sure our leaders will deal with this directly

Boris
You can do as you wish, i'm not telling you anything that RPB members haven't already said....that they didn't know this policy change.

again...refer to phils message

Roogsy

Of course you are. Like I said, it's not your place to tell us or our leadership what they personally understood on an issue and it's for us to sort out ourselves. You concern yourself with you. So in the most polite way I can possibly put this...give it a rest or please leave.

Parkdale
04-16-2010, 10:44 AM
I personally believe there is a responsibility to relay any pertinent information to the members of my SG and to try and resolve conflict that may arise which is what we had been trying to do over the past few weeks via back and forth emails.

the issue is that policy changed (for the worse) with a very limited announcement.

TFC has to be responsible for gate policy, not the supporters groups.
We can post thread after thread on the issues, but it does a lick of good
to unaffiliated supporters or people who aren't online much.

There are thousands of people in BMO in 'supporters sections' and up until now, they all believed that they had the right to enter though the closest gate to their seats, with a flag in hand. That policy was changed (and it's a drastic change) with very little public notice. hell... the people at the gates weren't even able to think on their feet.

leaving the whole 'subject of the banners' thing aside, there was a major mistake at the stadium yesterday, and it could have just been 'first day jitters', but when simple issues like that are compounded with a) no real notice b) unprepared gate staff c) a confiscated dissenting 2-stick - it all looks really bad.

Gazza
04-16-2010, 10:44 AM
You've lost the plot mate and obviously have no knowledge of how DeRo actually came to town. If you think this was a Mo initiative, I have land in the middle of Haiti to sell you.

Great! By the beach i hope?

Stencils
04-16-2010, 10:45 AM
This is all a very disappointing situation. I'm hopeful and confident that the SG top brass can make the right calls and say the right words to get things to a more amicable place with the FO.

That said, now I have dreams of getting a radio controlled car into BMO with a flag on it of MO. So when it starts driving all over the pitch, the security guys can get some practice chasing MO out of the building ;P

Whoop
04-16-2010, 10:45 AM
In the past if I had a flag in hand they just wanted to make I was in a supporter's section. Show them my section number, no problems.

DichioTFC
04-16-2010, 10:49 AM
It was a bad day for SG-FO relations, hopefully the FO will take the initiative to improve the issues in the future

Gixmo
04-16-2010, 10:51 AM
The policy on what messages are allowed and not allowed was not conveyed properly, only that all supporter items must be checked.

That doesn't address the concern/posting at all. I could go into quotes on this guy's displeasure for having his flag checked, but it's not RPB business so I'll stay out of it. The message was not his concern here. The notion that he had to check a flag was...

Parkdale
04-16-2010, 10:57 AM
It was a bad day for SG-FO relations, hopefully the FO will take the initiative to improve the issues in the future

yep. that's it.

this gate issue sure has put a dark lining on an otherwise silver cloud.

We won our first ever home opener (correct?) and I suspect this gate fuckery will be sorted asasp. (because if the 'go to gate 4 with all flags' policy continues, there will be hundreds of angry people at ever game - even the ones we win)

mlsintoronto
04-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Hitcho said it best for me:

We screwed up.

I think we have a pretty good track record of allowing things (only drawing the line at profanity or offensive messages). When NEE protested last year and left the game we left their banner up. Messages similar to last night's have been here before. But I'm finding (not just on this board but from internal conversations) that a different policy was in place last night. I can only assume at this point that someone took it upon themselves to become judge and jury. I don't know yet where the breakdown occurred and when I do I'll likely keep it internal.

But we'll fix this.

Layered on top of this is our attempt to have better controls over who brings flags and banners to what sections. This was a newly instituted process and it's clear that that didn't work either...so we'll work with the supporter groups to address that as well.

Right now I'm having trouble finding out where these two separate issues overlap.

Understand that this has been noted and we'll work with you, as we always do, to find the solution.

Paul

mlsintoronto
04-16-2010, 11:06 AM
one more thing - on behalf of your club, we're sorry about this.

Ladies Love Julius James
04-16-2010, 11:07 AM
It's all good WWE does the same LOL

Kevvv
04-16-2010, 11:08 AM

We screwed up.

I think we have a pretty good track record of allowing things (only drawing the line at profanity or offensive messages). When NEE protested last year and left the game we left their banner up. Messages similar to last night's have been here before. But I'm finding (not just on this board but from internal conversations) that a different policy was in place last night. I can only assume at this point that someone took it upon themselves to become judge and jury. I don't know yet where the breakdown occurred and when I do I'll likely keep it internal.

But we'll fix this.

Layered on top of this is our attempt to have better controls over who brings flags and banners to what sections. This was a newly instituted process and it's clear that that didn't work either...so we'll work with the supporter groups to address that as well.

Right now I'm having trouble finding out where these two separate issues overlap.

Understand that this has been noted and we'll work with you, as we always do, to find the solution.

Paul

Thanks for coming forward with this.

Boris
04-16-2010, 11:08 AM
there has been some progress.
There will be a meeting with FO, im not sure who will be there but phil and i will be involved.

This mess will be taken care of. There was a disconnect as it related to communication from the powers that be and us.

Guys, the issue was never the message on the banners. The issue was never supposed to be censorship. The issue is simply that they want to centralize the entrance of banners and flags.

This will be fixed and taken care of before the next home game.

As ALWAYS, i will update everyone as best as i can.

koryo
04-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Thank you for being so clear Paul, and for owning up to what happened. You're the Anti-Mo :)

I'm sure that Boris & Phil will keep us apprised as to the developments that arise from how this situation is handled.

Kevvv
It's all good WWE does the same LOL

Well said :D

Parkdale
thank you Paul.

I'm happy to see that you understand this is a very real concern for us.

Ladies Love Julius James
04-16-2010, 11:14 AM
Hypothetically though is this a bad thing by the club. If you attended an Impact game with a sign saying "Saputo Cheese kills people" don't you think it would be removed? In the best interests of the club of course.
Bad comparison I know I know but the point still stands LOL

Roogsy
04-16-2010, 11:15 AM

We screwed up.

But we'll fix this.

Paul

Paul, I am a person that takes pride in saying publicly what I would say privately, so I will just go ahead and say what I told RPB leadership in private.

The types of screwups on opening day considering you guys have had 4 years of it now and this year have many of the same people returning to the same jobs indicates to me that either there is massive incompetence in your team or there is more that you are not telling us and this screw-up happened on purpose.

Either way, what has happened only gives fans and supporters more reason to have suspicious feelings towards the front office.

I appreciate you stepping forward, but what I see is what has happened in the past, that you bravely step up and take a bullet for your team. It's admireable but not nearly as effective anymore because you have to do it so often.

All I can say is that it is damaging the good relationship you share with the fans and supporters. I suppose it's a tolerable cost to the organization, I don't know, but it certainly is disappointing.

Roogsy
04-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Hypothetically though is this a bad thing by the club. If you attended an Impact game with a sign saying "Saputo Cheese kills people" don't you think it would be removed? In the best interests of the club of course.
Bad comparison I know I know but the point still stands LOL

Limits are expected and acceptable LLJJ...reasonable ones that is. Censorship will always be rejected and resisted.

Supporters are not cheerleaders.

Ladies Love Julius James
04-16-2010, 11:18 AM
Limits are expected LLJJ...reasonable ones. Censorship will always be rejected and resisted.

Yea now that I think about I can see that. Makes sense too especially as a Manc with the whole "Glazer out" campaign.

jloome
04-16-2010, 11:18 AM
Good on PB for the mea culpa, but a cynic might point out that this "accidentally" happened on national telecast night on ESPN. I'm sure it will be fixed by the next game, when the only people watching are fans already ticked at the FO.

Krasno.pL.
04-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Good on PB for the mea culpa, but a cynic might point out that this "accidentally" happened on national telecast night on ESPN. I'm sure it will be fixed by the next game, when the only people watching are fans already ticked at the FO.

Bingo

Roogsy
04-16-2010, 11:21 AM

This is what I am leaning towards.

I want good relations with the front office. I support having the group cooperate and coordinate with the team. But there is a growing sentiment among this group and others that we are expected to "cheer on cue" for the organization and then when things happens that damage our efforts, we get gifts of appeasement.

To be frank, I'd rather not have the appeasement and have things done right in the first place. This is not their first time at the dance.

Gixmo
04-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Hmmmmm... I'm swaying here, but I'll see what happens. I accept that something happened and policy was changed, but the coincidences/recurrences here are troubling...

As mentioned, there's more then just flags at stake here. There's the identity of a group involved. Favorable intentions/eyes or not.. Something needs to happen here. Was it coincidence? Was it planned?

Those of us in early, talking with the escort and the two guys watching us, got no messages/signals etc towards what was coming. We were very clear on our way out that flags were coming back via the march.. 'Oh no problem, Have fun guys see you in an hour'.. So someone's not telling the truth here.

The Pope
04-16-2010, 11:28 AM
So to be clear.....if next game someone brings a Mo Must Go banner, it will be allowed in?

Don Julio
04-16-2010, 11:30 AM
Reading between the lines it actually sounded more like, "Wtf? Mo went and gave security special orders thinking nobody would notice! Fucker."

Parkdale
04-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Reading between the lines it actually sounded more like, "Wtf? Mo went and gave security special orders thinking nobody would notice! Fucker."

hahahaha... that's crafty!

Parkdale
04-16-2010, 11:33 AM
So to be clear.....if next game someone brings a Mo Must Go banner, it will be allowed in?

well banners might need to be brought in before the game, but it sounds like there would be no objections on the subject matter.

Fort York Redcoat
04-16-2010, 11:36 AM
So this is the only flag banned? We were all made to wait for what? They want to make the unique atmosphere we have more difficult to achieve? I'll say what I said to "Dave" and "Chris" last night: "All you had to do is tell us to get there earlier."

That doesn't solve censorship but there's been enough suggestions on how to get things into the stadium.

I like Hitcho's proposal.

Weeeee shall not be gagged.

Whether one wants to give Mo time or no they can agree with the above.

mlsintoronto
04-16-2010, 11:47 AM

yes. Its been allowed in the past and should have been allowed.

The Pope
04-16-2010, 11:48 AM
thanks paul

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-16-2010, 11:57 AM
A spirited 'woo' for that.

Oldtimer
04-16-2010, 11:59 AM
How about a banner of Paul's stapler?

http://1to10reviews.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/milton_looks.jpg

nawww... even I know that would be going too far.

Whoop
04-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Two stick.

Have you seen my "stapler"?

http://www.redstaplerchronicles.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/stapler.jpg

Hitcho
04-16-2010, 12:35 PM
So this is the only flag banned? We were all made to wait for what? They want to make the unique atmosphere we have more difficult to achieve? I'll say what I said to "Dave" and "Chris" last night: "All you had to do is tell us to get there earlier."

That doesn't solve censorship but there's been enough suggestions on how to get things into the stadium.

I like Hitcho's proposal.

Weeeee shall not be gagged.

Whether one wants to give Mo time or no they can agree with the above.

Forts, I sometimes think you're my twin that was stolen from England at birth... :D

DichioTFC
04-16-2010, 12:37 PM

Classy. Issue is dead as far as I'm concerned.

Cashcleaner
04-16-2010, 12:38 PM

We screwed up.

But we'll fix this.

Paul

You'll have to excuse me Paul if I don't believe a single word of what you're saying. You say "screw up", but I say "completely intentional act". The club knew there was going to be a lot of camera time spent on the South End supporters (incidentally - there was). And you knew that some anger was building up over the last couple of days. And with that in mind, you made it a point to keep out any dissenting displays from the South Stand as to save face on television - notably ESPN.

"Screw up" makes it sound like it was some honest miscommunication. A simple mistake, that's all. Yeah, I'm not buying it. It was an awfully convenient time to make one of these mistakes.

And of course you'll fix things. You'll fix it because it won't really matter now. The next few games won't have the same sort of broadcast coverage as the game against the Union did, so a few critical banners here or there aren't a problem.

James Oliphant
04-16-2010, 12:47 PM

Seconded. "Oops...your banners didn't get on national television in the U.S...sorry about that."

Job well done.

FluSH
04-16-2010, 12:51 PM

The funny thing is that RPB as a group... almost unanimously agreed not to do any anti-Mo stuff on our Home Opening... (decided on our member's only section)

Very sad to know that we were being shaken down... this is not the path we want to go though...

Kevvv
04-16-2010, 12:54 PM
So there wasn't a single ESPN camera available to pickup the dissent from the north west corner?

Whoop
04-16-2010, 12:55 PM
They are on the camera side, so the cameras would have a tougher time to catch that.

Face it... the FO wants us to be cheerleaders, not supporters.

Kevvv
04-16-2010, 01:00 PM
They must have a handheld on the other side, as they used to be able to show that corner.

GabrielHurl
04-16-2010, 01:01 PM
So there wasn't a single ESPN camera available to pickup the dissent from the north west corner?

there was a certain CBC presenter taking pictures

Kevvv
04-16-2010, 01:06 PM
don cherry?

actually, I don't know who you mean. Point is, if ESPN wanted to show dissenting messages, I'm sure they had the wherewithall (sp?) to get the shot from a camera on the east.

Pookie
04-16-2010, 01:08 PM
first i've heard of that, being to a few sens/leafs games and all..

It was during the playoffs... when the Leafs actually qualified for the playoffs. Caused a bit of a stink because it was combined with the sale of tickets by postal code (playoff tickets for the Ottawa games were only made available to fans who lived in the Sens region)

Waggy
04-16-2010, 01:10 PM
It was during the playoffs... when the Leafs actually qualified for the playoffs. Caused a bit of a stink because it was combined with the sale of tickets by postal code (playoff tickets for the Ottawa games were only made available to fans who lived in the Sens region)

And even with that the arena was over half Leafs fans :D

Keyman
04-16-2010, 01:24 PM
After four years something like this is completely unacceptable. There is no way this was a simple matter of miscommunication. It was a blatant act of censorship. Paul can't come on here, apologize, say it was a screw up, and magically expect the issue to vanish. This is not a dead issue.

In fact. An appropriate banner next match would make mention of the censorship. Let's hope it's not confiscated. The FO is treading a very thin line, and are rapidly losing my respect.

Parkdale
04-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Paul can't come on here, apologize, say it was a screw up, and magically expect the issue to vanish. This is not a dead issue.

and he's not expecting it to vanish. What matters is how things work at the next game.

We can scream until we're blue in the face, but until that game it's all just talk.

He's admitted there was a screwup, and if that screwup is fixed the next game... then the issue is dead.

Whoop
04-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Wait until the next ESPN game.

Right now, everything will go back to normal.

The games are on GolTV, the directors can control the shots, make everything pro-TFC.

But when the broadcaster doesn't care... expect another "miscommunication".

Boris
04-16-2010, 01:38 PM
guys....
if that were the case they wouldnt have allowed a lot.

At the end of the day there was a call to check banners. This wasnt communicated properly and the end result was last night.

It will be fixed, rest assured, never again for any game, on TV or not this wont happen again!

end of.

please ease this talk of conspiracy theories as its really not worth it

Gixmo
04-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Just food for thought, and I may have been seeing things, but I am 99% sure there was a camera on a platform at the half line on the EAST SIDE stands. Looking dead on at the tunnel!

Keyman
04-16-2010, 01:43 PM
BannerGate
(underneath is a picture of gate three blocking all anti-Mo banners from entering the stadium)

that is my proposition for our next game.

Jack
04-16-2010, 01:44 PM
guys....

At the end of the day there was a call to check banners. This wasnt communicated properly and the end result was last night.

It will be fixed, rest assured, never again for any game, on TV or not this wont happen again!

end of.

This.

And what Parky said.

If it doesn't happen again, what more can we say? I mean, the guy comes on here and basically says "we screwed up and it won't happen again" along with a flat out apology. So do you take him at his word? We have a very easy measure of whether he's telling the truth or not and that is called NEXT GAME!

After that, as Parkdale says, it's either a dead issue, or a nuclear bomb.

EDIT: By "the guy" I mean Paul :D

Beach_Red
04-16-2010, 01:47 PM
BannerGate
(underneath is a picture of gate three blocking all anti-Mo banners from entering the stadium)

that is my proposition for our next game.

Or do something with Whoopee's point that they only want cheerleaders.

Parkdale
04-16-2010, 01:48 PM

yeah, let's make protest banners protesting our inability to protest. :facepalm:

it's friday. where's the fun thread at?

Whoop
04-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Alright.

But for the time being, someone else is added onto the list...

http://edbatista.typepad.com/edbatista/images/2007/03/Colbert_Notice.jpg

Parkdale
04-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Alright.

http://johngushue.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/on_notice_board_gushue.jpg

trane
04-16-2010, 02:11 PM
A guy in 104 was ejected for standing and being too load. No warning nothing they jsut came and took him, the entire section was in disbelief. No standing will be stricly enforced. Not completley on point, but I thought it shuold be put out there.

sulfur
04-16-2010, 02:24 PM
Loud or loaded?

trane
04-16-2010, 02:28 PM
^ Loud. But he was loaded, but not over the top. The guys is a season ticket holder, he is the same way every game. You have seen him the potugese guy infron of me bold and drunk. Still he was not out of hand yesterday. A warning I would have been ok with.

Hitcho
04-16-2010, 02:34 PM
^ bold or bald? :D:D:D

sulfur
04-16-2010, 02:39 PM
Yah, I know the guy. There were a few of us standing by the KIA railing (as it now seems to be known) and saw him being removed, but didn't see what led up to it.

trane
04-16-2010, 02:39 PM
^ Bald. Christ. It has been established that I misspell on a regular. DO not have time to proof read.

trane
04-16-2010, 02:40 PM
Yah, I know the guy. There were a few of us standing by the KIA railing (as it now seems to be known) and saw him being removed, but didn't see what led up to it.

Not much, the ussual stuff he was standing up, chanting a bit. You have seen his act.

Gixmo
04-16-2010, 02:40 PM
^ Bald. Christ. It has been established that I misspell on a regular. DO not have time to proof read.

You should :)

trane
04-16-2010, 02:44 PM
^ I am a contrarian. So the more I am told the less likely that I will. Just my nature.;)

Plus, on the serious side, I am doing other things when I am here. So I just could not be bothered.

ParadymeTFC
04-16-2010, 02:45 PM
Alright.

Good god why hasn't this been made into a tifo yet?!?!

Lucky Strike
04-16-2010, 02:45 PM

...on a regular what? :D I kid, I kid.

Globetrotter
04-16-2010, 02:48 PM
We won our first ever home opener (correct?))

Incorrect.

Didn't we beat RSL in 2008 off the foot of Robert? Anyways, not our first home opener win.

bgnewf
04-16-2010, 02:52 PM
http://www.tfcpics.com/blog
Here is my take on this.

Is It “Banner-Gate” or “Much Ado About Two-Sticks”????

__________________________________________________ ______________________

The various Toronto FC supporters groups are very similar but yet very different in many respects. Each group has its own “style” of support that sees like minded individuals gravitate to one or another group based on I guess a fit or a comfort level. Sometimes like myself, it comes down to simply being invited in by a friend and making myself at home. In any case, the relationships that each group have with one another can be strained at times and very close and cooperative at other times.

Now yesterday’s home opener at BMO Field saw two very different groups in different parts of the stadium, the North End Elite & the Red Patch Boys, have apparently similar issues with Stadium security over banners that were quite critical of Director of Soccer Mo Johnston.

In the first incident before the game a Red Patch Boy member had the “two stick” style of banner confiscated by security personnel. Judge for yourself if this message was inappropriate or not from the image below.

http://www.raviaujla.com/webBlogs/DSC_0149.jpg

Paul Bierne, TFC’s Front Office Manager stated on the Red Patch Boys message board that the confiscation of the banner above was a mistake and he apologized for it. He went on to state that they “…screwed up….” and then stated that the only line they draw on banners is profanity or “offensive” messages. In a later post he stated that the banner in question should have been allowed in and would be in the future.

The North End Elite unfurled a banner later in the game that said “NOMO MOJO” next to another banner showing Johnston’s face with a red circle and slash through it as a way to voice their displeasure with Mo and his running of the club. Again judge for yourself what was on display.

http://tfcpics.com/index.php?view=image&format=raw&type=img&id=6546&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=10

Sources indicate that there was a meeting between representatives of the various supporters groups and team management before the home opener where a new policy surrounding things like banners in the stadium was relayed to the supporters groups. Banners and such had to be checked in through a specific stadium gate well before game time according to the new rules.

Upon arriving at the gate these individuals were allegedly asked to sign documentation stating what they were bringing into the stadium along with contact and other personal information by security staffers. Allegedly this part of the new policy was not relayed to the supporters groups at the previous week’s meeting.

Sources also indicated to me that the individuals that brought in the banners in question were stopped on their way OUT of the stadium and asked to reveal their “Anti Mo” banners and they were allegedly told by BMO Field security that their behaviour in displaying them was out of line and that it may impact their ability as a group to bring banners and such in for future games.

This game was broadcast on national television in the US last night and some supporters are claiming that these alleged “mistakes” were not random errors but a concerted effort by the front office to avert negative press coverage and criticism of Mo Johnston becoming potentially a storyline in the coverage of the Home Opener. Keeping the banners out or out if sight means that the focus is on more “positive” aspects of the opener such as the new grass surface and improvements to the stadium. Or so the theory goes. This could be gospel or it could be nothing.

Another senior supporter’s group member from another group I spoke with today took the opposite view. He pointed to previous inconsistencies in getting enforcement of rules on materials into the stadium and he chalked this all up to the likelihood that not all the security staffers were singing from the same songbook. And perhaps he is right. Who really knows.

The choice is to either take the club at its word or not take them at their word. TFC’s Paul Bierne says that these banners would be allowed in next home game as is without any problems. The next home game will not be broadcast on national TV in the US either.

Each incident looked at in isolation perhaps may not seem like a big deal. I would submit that if you look at them together there is a possibility that this could have been a policy to keep these anti management messages out of the stadium, off television and not end up becoming a large part of the story.

Many will disagree with me on this but I for one think that this was part of was a concerted PR effort to keep the focus on the game, the grass, Jimmy Brennan’s retirement and the improvements to the stadium and off Mo Johnston and his job performance. This is opinion only based on my reading of the facts. I could be very wrong or right on the money. I think how things go next game will determine how right or wrong I truly am.

Toronto FC fans, especially those active in the supporters groups, are a vocal lot that will let it be known when they are upset.

The main outcome of this story in my eyes is that there is now a 100% guarantee that these kinds of banners will be brought to the stadium for the next home game on April 24th and most likely in significantly larger numbers as some supporters react to what they see as a clampdown by the club they do not agree with. The test for TFC is will they let them into the building.

Another interesting time at BMO Field awaits.

James Oliphant
04-16-2010, 02:53 PM
This.

And what Parky said.

If it doesn't happen again, what more can we say? I mean, the guy comes on here and basically says "we screwed up and it won't happen again" along with a flat out apology. So do you take him at his word? We have a very easy measure of whether he's telling the truth or not and that is called NEXT GAME!

After that, as Parkdale says, it's either a dead issue, or a nuclear bomb.

EDIT: By "the guy" I mean Paul :D

The next game isn't on ESPN2.

And please don't give me shit for being cynical...you know it's my job. ;)

denime
04-16-2010, 02:54 PM
yeah, let's make protest banners protesting our inability to protest. :facepalm:

it's friday. where's the fun thread at?

True and on top of that I think we need another thread with TFC home game schedule were we can vote what we will be protesting on ceartin home games.

vs Seattle .... protest our inability to protest.
vs Montreal .... protest against ____________
vs Chicago .... protest against _____________
vs N.England .. protest against _____________
vs Vancouver . protest against _____________

and somewhere in mid. season we can officially change our name to Protests Group RPB,because that's what we do the best.:o

Whoop
04-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Team makes the playoffs last year... most people wouldn't be so upset this year.

Beach_Red
04-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Team makes the playoffs last year... most people wouldn't be so upset this year.

Yes. Or if the house-cleaning and new roster had been in place sooner.

Parkdale
04-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Incorrect.

Didn't we beat RSL in 2008 off the foot of Robert? Anyways, not our first home opener win.

okay, I stand corrected. 1-0 over RSL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_FC_2008

Oldtimer
04-16-2010, 03:18 PM
The REAL test would be anti-MoJo banners at the MLS Cup.

Dave67
04-16-2010, 03:21 PM

He won't last that long. I'd put his chances of surviving the season at less than 1%.

Globetrotter
04-16-2010, 03:22 PM

He'll be gone by then.

Hitcho
04-16-2010, 03:28 PM
He won't last that long. I'd put his chances of surviving the season at less than 1%.

He'll be gone by then.

Finally - some Friday positivity!! :D:D

Oldtimer
04-16-2010, 03:30 PM
and somewhere in mid. season we can officially change our name to Protests Group RPB,because that's what we do the best.:o

Nawww... there's another unnamed SG which beats us silly at protest.

Gixmo
04-16-2010, 03:35 PM
^ I am a contrarian. So the more I am told the less likely that I will. Just my nature.;)

Plus, on the serious side, I am doing other things when I am here. So I just could not be bothered.

You should NOT proof read :)

I'm merely coming from the angle that it makes you easier to understand. It's not a big deal at all to perhaps check what you're posting to ensure it's understandable in the English language. If you can't be bothered to make sense, why post? Tis all..

Carry on.

Dirk Diggler
04-16-2010, 03:46 PM

Protest idea for next game ... everyone bring in pom-poms (and some real cheerleaders as well :D )

Jack
04-16-2010, 03:46 PM
The next game isn't on ESPN2.

And please don't give me shit for being cynical...you know it's my job. ;)

Who knows?

Maybe they wanted to suppress banners on ESPN. Maybe it was a communications screwup. Maybe MoJo himself put the word out and caused the confusion. Maybe the security supervisor is buddies with Mo.

Maybe, maybe, maybe.

The thing is, dissatisfaction with MoJo getting onto ESPN or not getting onto ESPN doesn't really change the pressure they are under as an organization to bring the results. Sure, they can have their occasional spotlight on US TV, but they have us there week in, week out to get in their faces for not bringing the goods and for MoJo's job performance.

So I think suppressing banners from making it onto ESPN is not really something that would be a big issue for them. Just my theory.

I know if I were in charge, I wouldn't give two shits about it.

Bottom line for me: not letting negative banners into the stadium for one game, even a *gasp* ESPN game, is not going to make one iota of difference to whether or not the pressure is on. In fact, it seems like it might just make the pressure increase. We're here and we're not going anywhere. We'll make our feelings known one way or another.

MUFC_Niagara
04-16-2010, 03:51 PM
Let's put it this way,I have over 20 years of supporters experience in eastern Europe where everything was restricted and we managed every time to bring it in.
I can give you a book of tricks of how to smuggle forbidden articles in to the stadium,so you will have less headache next time you try to go with banner that is directly against the FO.

I'm sorry but for me what they did is normal procedure in many countries around the world,it is nothing against two stick or you ,it's just makes me laugh how naive that was from you.

Wow....what a weird post.

denime
04-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Wow....what a weird post.

Maybe, but most of us spent our youth life fighting against the authorities in the stadiums or border crossings on away games,and with the time we got so creative that simply we were able to outsmart them.

It's not that it takes to much to outsmart a cop or minimum wage security but nevertheless that what we did and still doing it back home,to the point that now Red Star Belgrade club decided to install this:

http://www.oaza.rs/sport/delije/novine/slike/kd_vratav.jpg

In order to increase the security of our visitors match stadium club bought metal detector gate that will be placed at the entrances to the stadium.

MUFC_Niagara
04-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Maybe, but most of us spent our youth life fighting against the authorities in the stadiums or border crossings on away games,and with the time we got so creative that simply we were able to outsmart them.

It's not that it takes to much to outsmart a cop or minimum wage security but nevertheless that what we did and still doing it back home,to the point that now Red Star Belgrade club decided to install this:

They installed a red X with a white box around it? Yikes.

Cashcleaner
04-16-2010, 04:33 PM
True and on top of that I think we need another thread with TFC home game schedule were we can vote what we will be protesting on certain home games.

vs Seattle .... protest our inability to protest.
vs Montreal .... protest against ____________
vs Chicago .... protest against _____________
vs N.England .. protest against _____________
vs Vancouver . protest against _____________

Which would be a truly valid point, if it weren't for the fact that the large majority of RPB members did not feel that there were any grounds for a protest on Thursday.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-16-2010, 04:40 PM
any response from Paul or MLSE regarding this?

Krasno.pL.
04-16-2010, 04:43 PM
any response from Paul or MLSE regarding this?

pg 11

Yeoman
04-16-2010, 04:44 PM

so what does it take to smuggle a scooter in?

CretanBull
04-16-2010, 04:59 PM
so what does it take to smuggle a scooter in?

We sneak it in, part by part, over the course of the season hiding the pieces throughout the stadium. On the 'Day of the Sooter Burning' as it will come to be known as, we assemble it in the stands concealed behind red thunder. When Landycakes comes over to take a corner, we crush him under the weight of a flaming scooter. But don't throw your beers on the pitch, that's just wrong! (and it might put out the flames).

Sally Mack
04-16-2010, 05:09 PM
When there's a will, there's a way. That's all I have to say about getting the mo must go stuff in.

Yeoman
04-16-2010, 05:12 PM
We sneak it in, part by part, over the course of the season hiding the pieces throughout the stadium. On the 'Day of the Sooter Burning' as it will come to be known as, we assemble it in the stands concealed behind red thunder. When Landycakes comes over to take a corner, we crush him under the weight of a flaming scooter. But don't throw your beers on the pitch, that's just wrong! (and it might put out the flames).

love it <3<3<3
though landycakes isn't going to be in BMO this year though :(

s2cazz
04-16-2010, 05:15 PM
let's just hope it doesn't drift into the path of the Island Airport. oops!

LOL I am actually experimenting with this rght now...have been for a little while. I have 18"-36" diameter tubes in 1km rolls that I am trying to heat seal the ends and fll em with helium to hold a banner up. If not big long red and white balloons.

Sally Mack
04-16-2010, 05:19 PM
I question whether it was an honest mistake, or a "we didn't expect this kind of reaction, so lets call it a mistake, rather than admit that we followed our very carefully selected policy on this issue".

I also question whether the security guards even know what Mo Must Go means. You'd think their top priority is to keep everyone safe. Something tells me they were given direct orders surrounding "Mo" materials.

Or maybe Roogsy is right, and it's gross incompetence. And maybe Paul's right too, and there was a disconnect.

Hopefully this gets fixed and we can all move on.

boban
04-16-2010, 05:23 PM

Thought your home is Bosna ;)

GabrielHurl
04-16-2010, 05:30 PM
http://www.thestar.com/mobile/sports/soccer/mls/torontofc/article/796758--sign-of-the-times-for-tfc-s-mo-johnston

MUFC_Niagara
04-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Thought your home is Bosna ;)

Ok, this explains a lot about the posts both of you make.

London
04-16-2010, 05:35 PM
Gabe,

thank you for posting that article made me laugh!!!

fans said such items were confiscated (the actual list of prohibited items, published on the club’s website, mentions among other things “large flags, banners and drums” and anything deemed “offensive”, which, come to think of it, finally explains their longtime hole at striker).

LOL

J .
04-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Soon MLSE will be selling flags we can wave, nothing more.

Fact is they don't want negative press, or dissent or anything that could upset the apple cart.

As soon as MLSE is able to sell tickets to the general public easily like the Leafs, our role will be over.

Maybe this was the five year plan Mo sold MLSE on.

TFC Cityboy
04-16-2010, 05:55 PM
I walked past Tom Anselme on my way in thru Gate 1, leaned in so I was a foot or 2 away from him and said loudly "Mo must go".

I have just been released from hospital having had my tongue removed by BMO security last night.

:)

GabrielHurl
04-16-2010, 05:57 PM
Gabe,

thank you for posting that article made me laugh!!!

I don't go by Gabe anymore man ;) - I'll let you make it up to me by getting me a pint at the Rhino over the summer :D

GabrielHurl
04-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Well Tom didn't seem to like the banners - Komaserik seemed to get a kick out of it

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4022/4526310085_c963014dec.jpg

Brian Burke was in the box as well - and I bet he was thinking "I'm glad they don't show up to Leafs games"

London
04-16-2010, 06:45 PM
I don't go by Gabe anymore man ;) - I'll let you make it up to me by getting me a pint at the Rhino over the summer :D

deal!!!!

you go by lebron james now right?

GabrielHurl
04-16-2010, 06:54 PM
Hahahaha - no

And here's what Tom and all MLSE/CTV/CBC/Toronto Star/Globe and Mail guys were looking over at

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4033/4526310193_7ec6803ddf.jpg

ElvistheEvilScotsman
04-16-2010, 06:59 PM
Maybe we should hire a sky writer again?

Unless of course MLSE can police the airspace over BMO.

Ha!

Brooker
04-16-2010, 07:01 PM
i can't wait to see the protest against people protesting their protest.

craigtfc
04-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Thank god for Frank Johnston ;)

Bones...

Frank Johnston is a legend! Fred Flintstone could of been too. hahaha

RedRum
04-16-2010, 07:46 PM
guys....

end of.

Boris - the backroom deal you have struck with the FO is as transparent as it is shameful. Pimping for TFC, pimping for Adidas, quashing any talk of protest, and now this. You are being used but you dont even care as long as your ego gets fed.

I feel embarrased for you.

LP The RPB
04-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Boris - the backroom deal you have struck with the FO is as transparent as it is shameful. Pimping for TFC, pimping for Adidas, quashing any talk of protest, and now this. You are being used but you dont even care as long as your ego gets fed.

Another dickhead from NEE that has drank way too much of their kool-aid has decided to enlighten us. Fuck-off back to some stupid protest & let us support our club......Clown!

Boris
04-16-2010, 07:59 PM
To each their own.
Its not my fault that FO can trust this group and not others......
That's a very strong accusation. You have chosen to neglect the fact that I have questioned the entire team this week. You have neglected the fact that I have really tore a new one in FO today with this banner stuff. Its very easy for you to assume what you put.

Feeding my ego? You don't even know me. Anyone in this group that does know me knoww what I stand for and that's not to be a negative 'supporter'. Call me out all you want on the internetbut thr truth is, I know and my group knows where I stand

The only person I'm embarrassed for is you.

Bluenose13
04-16-2010, 08:05 PM

I feel embarrased for you.Jeremy......You really have lost the plot here & couldn't be further off base. I am a little shocked that you would take such a public & personal attack on someone who is as passionate about supporting TFC as Boris is. You have decided to follow TFC in a different direction, good for you, enjoy the experience but don't stoop to shit like this, you are better than this.

FluSH
04-16-2010, 08:11 PM

Comeon RedRum... It's a give and take relationship... but we have built a relationship. It's alot easier to flip the middle finger at everything FO related...

That's the easy path...

What I don't like is the RPB bashing that happens over there at your end... without any clue of what actually takes place in our group.

Pigfynn
04-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Fucking lurking little troll.

Piss off back to the high and mighty north end

ua-kozak_TFC
04-16-2010, 08:12 PM
I don;t what kind of politics hapen at the "supporter groups". I quite frankly was never in favour of this division we all come to support tfc...and not the specific " supporter group" . But anyway that is 2007 discussion

If you think this was a mis communication problem and not a direct ploy to block any anti MO banners. I think that you are ubberly naive or purposefully ignorant.. because Paul B. directly indicated that they "screwed up and that it seems that there were DIRECT orders given to the security that were inapproprite...
This is not a false conspiracy he said it himself...

ps: there is no need to insult anyone... we are all in this together. and ALL FOR ONE reason...

FluSH
04-16-2010, 08:17 PM
I don;t what kind of politics hapen at the "supporter groups". I quite frankly was never in favour of this division we all come to support tfc...and not the specific " supporter group" . But anyway that is 2007 discussion

If you think this was a mis communication problem and not a direct ploy to block any anti MO banners. I think that you are ubberly naive or purposefully ignorant.. because Paul B. directly indicated that they "screwed up and that it seems that there were DIRECT orders given to the security that were inapproprite...

ps: there is no need to insult anyone... we are all in this together. and ALL FOR ONE reason...

The message has been received... your asking for blood when it's not needed... choose your battles. Better yet read the Art of War you'll be amazed how much you can learn from that book...

We have saved face... the message has been received loud and clear... only a fool would take it further at this time...

deeznutz
04-16-2010, 08:28 PM
Fuck me this thread is rocking!!!! Great posts keep it up....New batch of popcorn coming up!

ua-kozak_TFC
04-16-2010, 08:28 PM
The message has been received... your asking for blood when it's not needed... choose your battles. Better yet read the Art of War you'll be amazed how much you can learn from that book...

We have saved face... the message has been received loud and clear... only a fool would take it further at this time...
Don;t get me wrong. I never said to start a riot NOW...

I am just saying that there IS NO WAY this was a "misscommunication" this was purposefully intended. Incredibly dumb by those who ordered the censorship, because the repercussion to this if it reocures will be much more severe than the initial protest would ahve been. All i am saying this was totally orchistrated for a purpose...

Rudi
04-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Fuck me this thread is rocking!!!! Great posts keep it up....New batch of popcorn coming up!
Indeed.

:lurk5:

AL-MO
04-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Indeed.

I'm glad U-Sector doesn't have all the fun.

:flare:

FluSH
04-16-2010, 08:32 PM

Well I'm just waiting cause I'M RIGHT HERE...

deeznutz
04-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Indeed.

Slow night on your end of the boards I take it?

deeznutz
04-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Well I'm just waiting cause I'M RIGHT HERE...

Is the bold a fashion statement?

FluSH
04-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Is the bold a fashion statement?

I was looking for the T-Shirt but couldn't find it give me asec...

London
04-16-2010, 08:34 PM
koolaid is overated!!!

FluSH
04-16-2010, 08:36 PM
It's more like fruitloops now...

Rudi
04-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Slow night on your end of the boards I take it?
Yeah.

Truth be told, I'd rather be doing anything else right now, but alas plans fell through. A good internet shit slinging fight can be mildly amusing, though.

Dirk Diggler
04-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Tang is indeed much better.

deeznutz
04-16-2010, 08:38 PM
I heard Joe hired some hot ass bitch? Tis true? anyone?

FluSH
04-16-2010, 08:39 PM

I thought you had a restraining order and couldn't be within 200metres of Joe's....

deeznutz
04-16-2010, 08:41 PM
I thought you had a restraining order and couldn't be within 200metres of Joe's....

LOL.....Nah......Anyone going down there this Sunday?

Jack
04-16-2010, 08:43 PM

hahahahahahhahhahahaahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaa

:picard:

eustacchio
04-16-2010, 08:43 PM

A little off topic, but do you know which translation of the Art of War would be best?

AL-MO
04-16-2010, 08:46 PM

You were there! I figured you'd get the scoop yourself :p

FluSH
04-16-2010, 08:47 PM
A little off topic, but do you know which translation of the Art of War would be best?

LOL

Well I've only read the English one... but know that I think of it... I did take Mandarin 101... maybe the one in it's original language is best!

eustacchio
04-16-2010, 08:51 PM
LOL

Well I've only read the English one... but know that I think of it... I did take Mandarin 101... maybe the one in it's original language is best!

ba-dum-dum :wink5:

I'm fairly sure there are at least four English translations.

EDIT: that was supposed to be a rimshot

drewski
04-16-2010, 08:53 PM
http://www.bingegamer.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/internet-warrior.jpg

ParadymeTFC
04-16-2010, 08:54 PM

Really dude go fuck yourself, if you think your little rag tag team of rebels think your little stomping and pouting attention whoring is gonna cause some sort of revolution then go live in your dream world and circle jerk each other.

There is a way to get a consensus to this dilemma and it doesn't involve crying wolf every opportunity you can call attention to your group.

FluSH
04-16-2010, 08:56 PM
ba-dum-dum :wink5:

I'm fairly sure there are at least four English translations.

let me get my copy and I will tell you... haha

Nerepis
04-16-2010, 08:56 PM

Go with James Clavell's, it's the best I've read.

Fire MO!!!

Phil
04-16-2010, 09:01 PM

http://www.authorsden.com/workscover/25519.jpg

Gixmo
04-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Yikes, this took a left turn!

Mainstream media picking this up now.. Someone's quaking in their pampers over on Princes Blvd

Oldtimer
04-16-2010, 09:12 PM

Mainstream media picking this up now.. Someone's quaking in their pampers over on Princes Blvd

Any surprise? The media get a lot of their info from this board.

The NEE spend more time on our board than on their own.

Let's face it, this awesome board is the go-to place for footie. :drum:

deeznutz
04-16-2010, 09:17 PM
iouh2o43lksnf0sdfh.......sdf89b2l3kbnspfpsoe?mn0 23r 245r23 0fsdf;w.22rf...........//;

Tp23l,df 23kf nri43h 34ios t3mn4 t 4ewp9rgh eykll TW94!!!!

Pigfynn
04-16-2010, 09:17 PM
Honestly, I really think it's beyond sad that we take shots at each other and that there is little bitch in-fights that happen and cause everybody's vagina's to get twisted in knots.

My group, your group whaaa whaaa whaaaaaaaa!

Support the reds and your brothers and sisters in arms.

Don't be a retard...you're not half as important as you think you are.

ua-kozak_TFC
04-16-2010, 09:29 PM

which one specifically??

drewski
04-16-2010, 09:44 PM
iouh2o43lksnf0sdfh.......sdf89b2l3kbnspfpsoe?mn0 23r 245r23 0fsdf;w.22rf...........//;

Tp23l,df 23kf nri43h 34ios t3mn4 t 4ewp9rgh eykll TW94!!!!

what does our new latvian defender have to do with this?

denime
04-16-2010, 09:46 PM

Really,so if we are ALL FOR ONE like you are stating here
why then NEE head honcho Pedro has this image as his avatar

http://i43.tinypic.com/24pduur.jpg

Is this how you guys are with us and U-Sector "all together",is because we are in this "all together" all of you left Tailgate party in Boston after 2 minutes and walked away to have your own?Apparently RPB and U-Sector are not good enough for you?

Please spare us your ALL FOR ONE BS speech,stay the fuck away from this boards,follow you leader Pedro and cancel you accounts just like he did,instead lurking here all day long using "hidden"option in your profiles.

Unfortunately only thing you have in common with us is TFC and that about it,yeah just like I said unfortunately because if we were in this "all together" TFC would have even better support that they have now.

Oh yeah I almost forgot ALL FOR ONE!

Ladies Love Julius James
04-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Damn everybody chill lol it was an opinion.

Don't make this a Supporters Group thing. It's a personal opinion from one person who happens to sit in 127? Don't involve everybody else.

Boris
04-16-2010, 09:55 PM
well...
this was not the direction that anyone had wanted of this thread.
this is not a inter group issue nor should it be.

We are all entitled to or own opinions and thats just fine.

....it is what it is......

Long story short...Phil and i have worked all day into finding a resolution. There may be a set of meetings next week to clear up any miscommunication or disconnect. We will update everyone as we always do as soona s we can.
</thread>