PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Game: TFC @ Colorado Rapids (April 18th)

TFC USA
04-15-2010, 08:42 PM
5 PM kickoff EST as our men quickly come off the Union win in a meeting of players playing against their former teams.

Harden and Peterson playing against Colorado, Marvell Wynne hopefully has enough handballs in him so he can give us some more PKs.

If Garcia doesn't play again, maybe we can hold out for a draw.

Some burning questions: WILL Garcia play? Can we win on the road? Does Wynne still suck? Will we have someone other than DeRo scoring? That will all be answered in 3 days. :scarf::scarf:

Discuss.

TFCRegina
04-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Team is gonna have to find some width for Colorado away. Colorado has a notoriously wide pitch, so playing on the wing, and not just through the middle, will be necessary.

After Cann and Attakora putting in a good performance this last game, I doubt Garcia will start.

ensco
04-16-2010, 08:25 AM
I don't see it as a negative if we don't get a result in Colorado. Face it - even good teams find it tough to win at altitude on three days rest.

The objective has to be a massive improvement in the quality of team play.

We better start seeing this team be able to mark without taking fouls/cards, hold possession, build an attack, and not make mindless giveaways...... or Seattle will score 7 on us on the 25th.

ManUtd4ever
04-16-2010, 08:51 AM
Unfortunately, the lineup that provided the most offensive creativity to date this season in the second half against Philly cannot hold up for 90 minutes because of the match fitness of Barrett and Peterson. That said, I think our backline is more stable, JDG will continue to feel more comortable in the central midfield and TFC will play a solid 90 minutes on Sunday. I predict a draw at the very least...

ensco
04-16-2010, 09:09 AM
I think our backline is more stable

Good one.

You talking about the backline where three of the four starters are signings from the nether regions that joined the team within the last 8 days? The one that didn't have that much to defend against given the sending off? Who, despite being up a man, still managed to get opened up like a tin of sardines on the Philly goal?

Which is what we'd be talking about if Philly didn't have a Fabianski clone in the nets.

JonO
04-16-2010, 09:14 AM
As far as I'm concerned that falls more on our midfield than our back line - they give up too much space. But that's for another thread. Will be curious who starts this one given the quick turnaround...

Yohan
04-16-2010, 10:42 AM
Altitude plus Casey and Cummings = ?

a draw would be a good result

ManUtd4ever
04-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Good one.

You talking about the backline where three of the four starters are signings from the nether regions that joined the team within the last 8 days? The one that didn't have that much to defend against given the sending off? Who, despite being up a man, still managed to get opened up like a tin of sardines on the Philly goal?

Which is what we'd be talking about if Philly didn't have a Fabianski clone in the nets.

So you didn't think our backline was more stable than in the first 2 games? I didn't say it was all star caliber. The cynicism around here is ridiculous at times...

rocker
04-16-2010, 10:59 AM
yeah, I don't have a lot of hope for this one. The road is a wasteland in MLS for most teams... then altitude is a killer... but even if they were playing in KC this weekend or some other low-lying ground, the lack of rest is probably even worse. 2 full days of rest isn't much no matter where you play.

But I seem to remember a win in Colorado once when the team was undermanned (Nana had a good game if i recall). I agree that if they even pulled off a tie, it would be a great result.

ensco
04-16-2010, 11:05 AM
The cynicism around here is ridiculous at times...

I'm not cynical. We are objectively terrible. Doesn't mean I don't cheer my lungs out for the team.

We looked better only because we played a 10 man expansion team. My conclusion is we'll be dead last in the league if we keep this up.

You go ahead and break out the lampshades. Enjoy.

ManUtd4ever
04-16-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm not cynical. We are objectively terrible. We looked better only because we played a 10 man expansion team. You go ahead and break out the lampshades. Enjoy.

Doesn't mean I don't cheer my lungs out for the team.

Preki himself stated that the team has a long way to go before they resemble the squad he envisions. Yesterday was a step in the right direction, no more, no less...

ensco
04-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Preki himself stated that the team has a long way to go before they resemble the squad he envisions. Yesterday was a step in the right direction, no more, no less...

We disagree. I think it was a fluke result against a terrible team, a step in no direction.

We were horrible 11 on 11, and for much of the game after the sending off. God only knows what a Houston, LA or a Seattle would do to this team. We'll find out soon enough.

Sorry for postgame thread rehash. But I think yesterday's fluke result could give the team an excuse to play poorly Sunday.

It's our job to keep the pressure on, so that we start getting some real football on the pitch, not just the facsimile version we've been served so far this year.

ManUtd4ever
04-16-2010, 11:16 AM
We disagree. I think it was a fluke result against a terrible team. We were horrible 11 on 11, and for much of the game after the sending off.

God only knows what a Houston, LA or a Seattle would do to this team. We'll find out soon enough.

Yes, we'll have to agree to disagree. I base my opinion on the lineup and formation that was utilized in the second half. I saw some positive signs there that the team can build on...

jloome
04-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Gotta agree with ManUtd4, Eugene, the second half was much, much better (although against 11 men, maybe that relative cohesion would've fallen apart.)

Our problem right now is that we have players of poor intelligence being given important starting roles. Saric shouldn't be anywhere near this team's starting lineup. He's an imported Kevin Harmse, basically. OB White is a second striker at best, but looked much better with a partner moving off the ball to give the defence more than one headache.

When we linedup with a more balanced (i.e. favouring some attack) lineup halfway through the second, we looked reasonably competent for two- or three-minute stretches.

Usanov was caught on a break that looked like a set play to me, designed to catch out teams when the fullbacks push up to much.

Aside from Saric, neither Hscanovic or Usanov looked MLS ready. Both exposed defensively, and Usanov's control going forward was poor (although his speed was impressive.)

We looked a lot better with Peterson wide and Gargan behind him.

Why Sam Cronin is sitting, when HScanovic, USanov and Saric are on the pitch, is absolutely mystifying.

ManUtd4ever
04-16-2010, 11:30 AM
Gotta agree with ManUtd4, Eugene, the second half was much, much better (although against 11 men, maybe that relative cohesion would've fallen apart.)

Our problem right now is that we have players of poor intelligence being given important starting roles. Saric shouldn't be anywhere near this team's starting lineup. He's an imported Kevin Harmse, basically. OB White is a second striker at best, but looked much better with a partner moving off the ball to give the defence more than one headache.

When we linedup with a more balanced (i.e. favouring some attack) lineup halfway through the second, we looked reasonably competent for two- or three-minute stretches.

Usanov was caught on a break that looked like a set play to me, designed to catch out teams when the fullbacks push up to much.

Aside from Saric, neither Hscanovic or Usanov looked MLS ready. Both exposed defensively, and Usanov's control going forward was poor (although his speed was impressive.)

Why Sam Cronin is sitting, when HScanovic, USanov and Saric are on the pitch, is absolutely mystifying.

Agreed. The lineup is still a work in progress so I suspect we will see a few more combinations before Preki settles on his desired starting 11...

FootieChick
04-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Wynne never did suck! He is the one person on our team who had a great passion for the game and his speed made him the player he was... and I agree, his ball control was poor! However, he was still my fav... and I have yet to pick a new one :P

TFCRegina
04-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Wynne never did suck! He is the one person on our team who had a great passion for the game and his speed made him the player he was... and I agree, his ball control was poor! However, he was still my fav... and I have yet to pick a new one :P

Wynne was terrible. All speed. If sprinting makes a good player we should sign Usain Bolt.

He couldn't cross, he was constantly caught out of position and he had zero control over the ball. If he was slower, he'd be called Nick Garcia.

GeorgeBest
04-16-2010, 11:55 AM
TFC were definitely better in the second half. But that doesn't say much. The first half was one of the worst displays I have ever seen.

It's difficult to say we are making any progress based on the second half. We only took over the game in last 15 minutes when 10-man Philly started to look tired. It's not enough to inspire confidence.

I thought the biggest change came when LeBrocca moved back to central midfield. He was able to turn with the ball, move it upfield and play it on the ground up the middle. This may have been due to Philly being tired and giving him more space.(BTW, LaBrocca made quite a nomadic journey around the pitch from left wing to attacking mid (briefly) to right wing to DM).

Oldtimer
04-16-2010, 12:16 PM
I expect 0 points from this match.

maninb
04-16-2010, 12:26 PM

Not to mention the MANY MANY dumb penalties he gave away with his flailing arms....

FOGES
04-16-2010, 12:36 PM
i think this game would be a good opportunity to have another look at cronin. especially if we play 5 in the midfield. I thought he was solid last year. clearly he's behind the 8 ball this year but a good performance in colorado could get him back in the starting XI.

as for the result, i expect nothing, but a draw is very possible with good organization.

kitchener-TFC
04-16-2010, 12:37 PM
Does anyone know when the team's heading out? I'm assuming they want to get there early (today maybe?)

DichioTFC
04-16-2010, 01:22 PM
I expect 0 points from this match.

I think thats a fair expectation, but I expect us to be competitive. A game after three days in altitude to a good squad is going to be tough, but I expect defence to be more solid than the home opener, the midfield to click and not give up easy balls, and for someone else to score other than DeRo.

Of the three games we've had, we were up 1-0 on two of them and other one was in Columbus. I'm hoping for a 1-1 draw.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-16-2010, 02:17 PM
im not quite ready to give up on Usanov and Hsanovic quite yet, yes they have made some obvious mistakes but i do think that in time they will clean up their acts, obviously Preki seems something there, although the mistakes theyve made have been incredibly similar to those that Wynne made.

Pachuco
04-16-2010, 02:38 PM
I expect this to be the worst game we've played to date. We were absolutely brutal yesterday and it's masked by the fact we pulled off a win against a 10 man expansion team. I fully expect to see Mo fired after the thumping Colorado is going to give us.

ag futbol
04-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Well if anyone didn't get the positioning memo prior to last game they better find it
before going to Colorado.

Omar Cummings and Colin Clark will torch us if we can't put together a more organized effort than we've had thus far.

ag futbol
04-16-2010, 04:34 PM

That's funny because the exact same thought crossed my mind today.

Scary enough, I think KH might have actually shown more going forward (if that's even possible).

Bombonera
04-16-2010, 05:33 PM
I think mo would have been gone today if we lost yeaterday (Anybody who thinks that first half wasn't the worst TFC has EVER played should give their head a major shake), but with 3 points, he has bought some time...

I think this game is a very tough call. I think Preki tought JDG and DeRo an interesting little lesson about how difficult it is to be strikers when you have terrible service... THat lesson might have leggs and I think we saw those "leggs" in the second half (Not great, but not terrible either). SO, some agressive play (no red cards..), Frei standing tall, and a good bounce or two, who knows, maybe we walk with a point.

Mind you, I think a tie is possible only if Preki doesn't put a frankenstein-like science project on the field (last night, first half).

jloome
04-16-2010, 07:22 PM
That's funny because the exact same thought crossed my mind today.

Scary enough, I think KH might have actually shown more going forward (if that's even possible).

Strange thing is, for the first half of his career, he wasn't a defensive holder, he was a right winger. Go figure.

Redpunkfiddle
04-16-2010, 07:41 PM
I think mo would have been gone today if we lost yeaterday (Anybody who thinks that first half wasn't the worst TFC has EVER played should give their head a major shake), but with 3 points, he has bought some time...

I think this game is a very tough call. I think Preki tought JDG and DeRo an interesting little lesson about how difficult it is to be strikers when you have terrible service... THat lesson might have leggs and I think we saw those "leggs" in the second half (Not great, but not terrible either). SO, some agressive play (no red cards..), Frei standing tall, and a good bounce or two, who knows, maybe we walk with a point.

Mind you, I think a tie is possible only if Preki doesn't put a frankenstein-like science project on the field (last night, first half).

Well I am shaking my head. People who pull out the 'worst performance/half' thing clearly have no memories or knowledge of previous games.

For example, at Kansas City, 2008.

ensco
04-16-2010, 08:35 PM
Well I am shaking my head. People who pull out the 'worst performance/half' thing clearly have no memories or knowledge of previous games.

For example, at Kansas City, 2008.

Sure, there's been no shortage of bad halves. Second half of the Debacle in the Big Apple is way up there too.

But year 4, hosting an expansion team in the opener, that first half Thursday is very high up on the list. It's a serious contender for worst ever.

Standup105
04-16-2010, 09:28 PM
I'd have to agree with that! I couldn't believe the amount of times my jaw dropped at the sheer incompetence of our team; it seems that the only play Ustinov knows is to immediately pass back to the guy who gave his the ball, Saric can't win the ball, hold the ball or pass the ball (no wonder we found him in the Slovenian league!), Gargan constantly seems confused (did you notice his attempt to throw the ball in the net on one of our first corners?),Hsvanhoweveryouspellhisname is just awful. absolutely awful, and playing JDG in front of everyone was just silly. We didn't connect on our passes, we never controlled the ball, we looked like we were being challenged by an expansion team 1 man down in our home opener!

The second half was much better though; I can't believe that I was actually happy to see Barrett subbed on! JDG was in a much better position and dictated the play, O'Brien White might not have the confidence to beat defenders but at lest he'll run at them, De Ro is definitely the captain, and we finally looked like we could control a match...which is not saying much considering the situation.

Bombonera
04-16-2010, 09:32 PM
I agree. I think we should all wrap our minds around the fact that it is year 4, and we should judge accordingly...

HAving said that, I do think there is a team that can play, in the making. The issue is will that team show up in Colorado?

WHat I would rather not read is nonsence about them being tired from 90 mins w.Philly. THe altitude is rough, but the last time I checked, the volcano in Iceland is not getting in the way of Air Canada's ability to deliver the boys to Denver.

A point is possible assuming no experiments and no Garcia. Agreed?

Standup105
04-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Oh yes,

LaBrocca is going to be our secret weapon! I know he hasn't shown too much just yet, but you can see that he really understands the game (did you notice how many times he got back on defense to stop attacks just after attacking?) and I feel that once he and JDG really get a feel for each other, they will be dynamite.

Bombonera
04-16-2010, 09:38 PM
Interesting. I actually think Labrocca is an interesting addition. A show me story to be sure as is Pederson... who botched one or two, but seems to me to have a real view of the field...

Lot's of stuff going on that is positive. PReki sure is unpredicatble though...

Carts
04-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Oh yes,

LaBrocca is going to be our secret weapon! I know he hasn't shown too much just yet, but you can see that he really understands the game (did you notice how many times he got back on defense to stop attacks just after attacking?) and I feel that once he and JDG really get a feel for each other, they will be dynamite.

I wasn't impressed with his delivery on corners at all last night...

Way to slow, high, loopy deliveries that give the defenders plenty of time to track their men, and never give the keeper that split-second of "should I or shouldn't I go for the ball?"...

For us to have any success on corners, we need a new delivery man - or see if Labrocca can work on swinging them in with pace & cause of chaos in the box...

We miss Guevara alot in that aspect...

Carts...

Bombonera
04-16-2010, 09:45 PM
We really didn't get the best of Guevarra. We were paying to perform for Honduras... We didn;t get consistent value and he was definitely on the way down. SOme beautiful goals, but a lot of missed games and even more whining.

Standup105
04-16-2010, 09:48 PM
I to, lamented the lack of Guevara last night. He would have connected with JDG so well in the second half and his quality was obviously lacking from our team. That being said, LaBrocca did put in a few good set pieces (the corner where Gargan just missed, the free kick on the play that Sangyang got hurt) but yeah, his play seems a little slow right now, but I think he's just feeling the lay of the land and what his teammates can and can't do right now.

James17930
04-16-2010, 10:11 PM
We have to make sure we don't expect too much from this game.

Only three days rest, going to altitude -- a draw would be a very, very good result.

We really shouldn't be upset at all if we lose.

Bombonera
04-16-2010, 10:16 PM
I agee. Moreover, I think Seattle at home is huge. And with the pressure on, and after last night, I think there is a risk of some focus being on that game...

We should be Ok if a point is what we get.

Carts
04-16-2010, 10:19 PM
We have to make sure we don't expect too much from this game.

Only three days rest, going to altitude -- a draw would be a very, very good result.

We really shouldn't be upset at all if we lose.

Its definitely going to be tough on the guys to last a full 90 at top form...

Preki will need to use his subs wisely, and the lads will have to play smart and let the ball to running for you...

Dero will need to play a smarter game in regards to positioning. He works his ass off, and I love him for it, but on the short turn & in altitude he could lose his legs early if not carefull...

Barrett can run his ass off b/c I doubt Preki will give him a full 90 with history, so I have no problem with him going balls out and being one of the subs in/out...

At the back, let the youngsters play, but make sure they're midfull of their legs and position themselves accordingly...

This game is a tough one on the body - if we can score early, and hang on for a draw, that would be an excellent result...

Carts...

Standup105
04-16-2010, 10:41 PM
I have a feeling that this game might actually suit us; it will be slow, about possession, not making mistakes and converting opportunities...and given how scared our defense seemed to be about moving forward, this could be our chance!

My call is 2-1 Colorado on a set play towards the end of the game. De Ro again with the goal.

dow117
04-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Wynne will come back to haunt us. His athleticism, sheer power and speed cannot be taught. Positioning and ball control can be taught.... His departure for the same old ... may prove to be the biggest mistake of all so far...

Ossington Mental Youth
04-17-2010, 12:11 AM
if they can be taught, how come he didnt learn?
Wynne will not come back to haunt us, this im sure

Stryker
04-17-2010, 01:24 AM
Wynne owes us a couple hand balls in the box.

James17930
04-17-2010, 06:59 AM
Wynne will come back to haunt us. His athleticism, sheer power and speed cannot be taught. Positioning and ball control can be taught.... His departure for the same old ... may prove to be the biggest mistake of all so far...

Yeah, I have a feeling he's going to be really up for this game and is going to punish us big time.

Again -- a draw would be a massive result, and if we look sluggish, we've got to just let it go.

Though it's actually pretty shitty. And, if memory serves, this is the second time in four years this has happened to us -- where we played in Colorado the Sunday after a Thursday game. You'd think it would be easy enough to not schedule something like this -- if we're going to have a Thursday-Sunday home/away, why can't the Sunday game be in Columbus, Philly or NY?

Batman
04-17-2010, 10:25 AM
the scheduling is bizarre in this league.

A 2 week layoff following our first game and then a game on the other side of the continent 2.5 days after our recent game. That's crazy.

Pachuco
04-17-2010, 12:23 PM
We had a full offseason to prepare against Columbus as we shit the bed. We had two weeks to go into NE fully prepared and we shit the bed in the second half. If we do the same in Colorado, it's hard to believe the reason we suck is the altitude. We should've come out of NE with a tie, and we didn't. Unfortunately, now that means we need to come out of this game with a tie to have a respectable record after 4 games.

Gazza_55
04-17-2010, 01:48 PM

Agreed. Why in the 4th season do we even have players starting that are not MLS ready? On the bench (young developmental players) sure because the cap is so low but your top 14-15 players should be able to contribute especially if you are leaving Cronin on the bench.

Stryker
04-17-2010, 03:18 PM
My strategy for the game would be as follows:

Usanov---Attakora---Cann---Hscanovcs
-------Sanyang------------DeGuz--------
Gargan-------------------------LaBrocca
--------Barrett------------DeRo----------

When defending funnel Colorado into the middle towards Sanyang and De Guzman. Play a physical game and look for the quick counter attack.

2nd Half

Saric---Sanyang---DeGuzman---LaBrocca
-------------------DeRo-------------------
------------------White--------------------

Play a posession game and hope to take advantage of a tired Colorado by utailizing Whites speed.

Stryker
04-17-2010, 03:24 PM
^ I'd rather play Cronin than Saric in the second as I think he's a better passer but I don't think he figures into Preki's "plans".

twistedchinaman
04-17-2010, 06:23 PM
1-1.

Wynne silliness causes draw.

Bank it.

scooterTFC
04-17-2010, 09:25 PM

I think people on this board are overrating Cronin’s current ability as a player and his contribution to the team last year. He’s a decent young player and I think he will have a good long career in MLS. He’s a level headed, consistent but unspectacular player. His greatest strength is that he reads the game well, and really seems to understand how to play within the organized shape of the team. He combines well with teammates in basic passing sequences (makes himself available to recive the ball, offers support and works give and go plays on the outside). However, he still has a lot to work on, and as it stands right now he doesn’t have a natural position. Is he DM or a wing player?

Cronin as a DM
When the team has possession, of the ball, seems like a natural holding mid, and looks pretty effective moving the ball out of the backfield. Defensively his positional sense is pretty good but he’s to timid in his challenges, he just looks unwilling to get ‘stuck in’ - to play DM he has to get better a winning possession of the ball.

Cronin as Winger
On the wing, his problems are the inverse. Defensively he’s a good wing player, but he’s pretty useless in the attacking third. He has no eye for the goal. Last year, he looked completely uncomfortable with the ball at his feet in the attack. At times it was actually embarrassing see him treat the ball like hot potato, reflexively dumping it off to team-mates instead of passing to penetrate, getting down the wing or attacking defenders 1 on 1. As LM last year he mostly relied give and go and overlap support from Brennan vs. attacking himself.

KezmanCCCC
04-17-2010, 10:30 PM
im hoping for a tie... cant see TFC comming away with a road win just yet... 1-1 i hope

kitchener-TFC
04-17-2010, 11:11 PM
My strategy for the game would be as follows:

-------Sanyang------------DeGuz--------
Gargan-------------------------LaBrocca
--------Barrett------------DeRo----------

I like this. For substitutes, I'd take Barrett off for White whenever Barrett runs out of gas. Peterson for Hscanovics (if any crazy shit happens).

jloome
04-18-2010, 02:10 AM
I think people on this board are overrating Cronin’s current ability as a player and his contribution to the team last year. He’s a decent young player and I think he will have a good long career in MLS. He’s a level headed, consistent but unspectacular player. His greatest strength is that he reads the game well, and really seems to understand how to play within the organized shape of the team. He combines well with teammates in basic passing sequences (makes himself available to recive the ball, offers support and works give and go plays on the outside). However, he still has a lot to work on, and as it stands right now he doesn’t have a natural position. Is he DM or a wing player?

Cronin as a DM
When the team has possession, of the ball, seems like a natural holding mid, and looks pretty effective moving the ball out of the backfield. Defensively his positional sense is pretty good but he’s to timid in his challenges, he just looks unwilling to get ‘stuck in’ - to play DM he has to get better a winning possession of the ball.

Cronin as Winger
On the wing, his problems are the inverse. Defensively he’s a good wing player, but he’s pretty useless in the attacking third. He has no eye for the goal. Last year, he looked completely uncomfortable with the ball at his feet in the attack. At times it was actually embarrassing see him treat the ball like hot potato, reflexively dumping it off to team-mates instead of passing to penetrate, getting down the wing or attacking defenders 1 on 1. As LM last year he mostly relied give and go and overlap support from Brennan vs. attacking himself.

He's a good tackler, he's good with the ball at his feet and he knows how to run to the back post. I'm not sure which player you've been watching.

And to rate him below -- even at their natural positions, not his -- Usanov, Hscanovic and Saric? Not bloody likely.

JonO
04-18-2010, 07:29 AM
With the way Saric has been playing, I think we'll see Cronin sooner rather than later...

TorCanSoc
04-18-2010, 08:32 AM
Oh yes,

I agree. Labrocca plays a possession, build up style game. This is Preki's style I believe. I hope it permeates to the rest of the team.

Candu_88
04-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Cronin is versatile, supports teammates both in attack and defense and has a tremendous work rate. What is his best position? Box to box central midfielder playing 4-4-2.

In the first half against the Union Guzman looked to me like he had a free role playing 4-5-1. But to be honest his work rate did not impress me. I'd prefer Cronin in that free role. Cronin has great potential but he need more experience and playing time and Preki is denying him that and pissing me off.

Redpunkfiddle
04-18-2010, 09:43 AM
A hope not based in any reality: we repeat the 2008 result where we were hammered all game yet hold the line and squeak a set piece goal in. Our International- depleted squad of second stringers on that day may have had even lower expectations than our current batch of un-gelled newcomers.

A draw would be thrilling given this scheduling and venue.

MUFC_Niagara
04-18-2010, 10:21 AM
Colorado 2-0 TFC.

Gazza
04-18-2010, 10:50 AM
We're basically Colorado's B team, so we should be prepared for the altitude.

I believe we hold on for dear life in a very one-sided 0-0 draw.

Davenport
04-18-2010, 12:14 PM
We disagree. I think it was a fluke result against a terrible team, a step in no direction.

We were horrible 11 on 11, and for much of the game after the sending off. God only knows what a Houston, LA or a Seattle would do to this team. We'll find out soon enough.

Sorry for postgame thread rehash. But I think yesterday's fluke result could give the team an excuse to play poorly Sunday.

It's our job to keep the pressure on, so that we start getting some real football on the pitch, not just the facsimile version we've been served so far this year.

Agreed.
A win against an expansion team with 10 men, a fluke free kick and a penalty. That doesn't fill me any confidence for the rest of the season.
Today...we'll lose. If Colorado put any pressure on the back 4 we're done.
This team is not good enough and there's no way we'll make the playoffs.

LesH
04-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Guys, there won't be any streams for this game?
In the atdhe.net program it's not listed... :(

GBV
04-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Betting line:
Colorado -140
Toronto +453
Draw +290

koryo
04-18-2010, 12:51 PM

Actually, he never learned how to play football. He's a sprinter. That's all.
I'm glad we got rid of him before he loses a yard on his pace.

As for today, a draw would be a pleasant surprise :)

rocker
04-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Today...we'll lose.

Not a difficult prediction, since winning at altitude on the road with only two days rest is almost impossible in MLS.

Beach_Red
04-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Agreed.
A win against an expansion team with 10 men, a fluke free kick and a penalty. That doesn't fill me any confidence for the rest of the season.
This team is not good enough and there's no way we'll make the playoffs.

It's true, this team isn't good enough.

We should be hearing rumours every day about signing the 2nd and 3rd DP. Instead all we hear is how Preki prefers a no-name team.

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-18-2010, 01:39 PM
I'll try to be positive, the team will continue it's baby-step progress and get 2-2 draw, with our first non-Dero scorers, Cann on a step piece and OBW with a strike from distance.

Bluenose13
04-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Agreed.
This team is not good enough and there's no way we'll make the playoffs.Holey shit......Stay away from any sharp objects :rolleyes:

Gazza
04-18-2010, 01:56 PM
I'll try to be positive, the team will continue it's baby-step progress and get 2-2 draw, with our first non-Dero scorers, Cann on a step piece and OBW with a strike from distance.

Has Cann ever scored a goal as a pro/semi pro? I think that might be a first if you are right!

ManUtd4ever
04-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Holey shit......Stay away from any sharp objects :rolleyes:

Seriously...

koryo
04-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Holey shit......Stay away from any sharp objects :rolleyes:

Hello, do you like sponge? I do because I'm not allowed anything sharp...

Kaz
04-18-2010, 02:15 PM
This team isn't good enough to win today, if they pull it together a draw is possible, maybe even 1-1.

At least on the plus side even with all that is at fault with this team, we should still come in at least 3rd in the NCC. :)

dupont
04-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Guys, there won't be any streams for this game?
In the atdhe.net program it's not listed... :(

on http://channelsurfing.net/ there is a stream for it:

http://channelsurfing.net/watch-mls.html

I hope it works because I need to watch a stream today as well.

boban
04-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Where is the schedule on the mls website that lists the matches which they will be streaming?

Nuvinho
04-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Carl chimes in:

CarlRobinson33 (http://twitter.com/CarlRobinson33)

Will be good to watch marv against his old team today.... Someone said he has a point to prove??? Why?... He is a good player either way

Nuvinho
04-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Frei, Usanov, Attakora, Cann, Harden, LaBrocca, de Guzman, Saric, Cronin, De Rosario, Barrett

Niall
04-18-2010, 03:32 PM
I wonder who will be playing left back? I kind of like this line up tbh. Excited to see what happens.

Super
04-18-2010, 03:32 PM
This is going to be a very difficult game, and I must admit I'm not overly confident. I think we need to dig deep and play an incredibly disciplined game to walk away with anything. It can be done, though, so fingers crossed.

thisisinternetclash
04-18-2010, 03:46 PM
Hmm. Not a lot of natural width in that team at all, but then I suppose that's to be expected. I'd imagine we're looking at a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 with Cronin and LaBrocca wide?

werewolf
04-18-2010, 04:02 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=21865