PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings: Toronto FC 2-1 Philadelphia Union

[NBF]
04-15-2010, 08:16 PM
This the first game where the team played the entire game in a 4-4-2 (IMO).

Ratings:

Frei- 7

Usanov- 6
Rai- 6
Attakora- 7
Cann- 7

Gargan- 6
Sanyang- 6
Saric- 6
Le Brocca- 6
Peterson- 6

DeGuzman- 7
DeRosario- 9
Barrett- 7
OBW- 7

Shit first half and a good resurgance in second half. I wonder if we would have won if we were playing vs 11 men. I'm glad the team won but those goals were both suspect. If the Seitz had stopped that free kick from DeRosario, it would be 1-1, and if the referee had not called that dubious penalty kick, it would be 1-0 for the Union. Very sketchy win if you ask me.

Fushida
04-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Another game where the 2nd half ratings would be much higher than the 1st. I wouldn't give the back line such high grades because they simply weren't tested in the 2nd half.

[NBF]
04-15-2010, 08:22 PM
I gave Cann and Attakora 1 credit for not fucking it up.

TFCRegina
04-15-2010, 08:25 PM
;979069']I gave Cann and Attakora 1 credit for not fucking it up.

You misspoke.

1 credit for not being Garcia.

ArmenJBX
04-15-2010, 08:29 PM
You misspoke.

1 credit for not being Garcia.

lol :D

Nodoubtguy
04-15-2010, 08:29 PM
Labrocca 7 (at least)

Dero does not deserve a 9

SiguenzaFC
04-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Ratings:

Frei- 7

Usanov- 6.5 didnt play a full game but he looks decent
Rai- 7 Good Movement
Attakora- 7.5 Strong
Cann- 7 Needs to get more comfortable and be a lot more vocal

Gargan- 6 I wouldve picked Cronin instead, hes more compossed
Sanyang- 6 Hangs back too much
Saric- 6 Lost and undecisive
Le Brocca- 6 Needs to improve his crossing
Peterson- 6 Looked like a deer caught in the headlights

DeGuzman- 7 He needs to do more with his dribbling and passing
DeRosario- 8 Team captain for a reason
Barrett- 6 No accuracy
OBW- 7.5 Good control of the ball

The 6 Yard Box (http://the6-yardbox.blogspot.com/)

Waggy
04-15-2010, 08:48 PM
;979061']This the first game where the team played the entire game in a 4-4-2 (IMO).

Ratings:

Frei- 7

Usanov- 6
Rai- 6
Attakora- 7
Cann- 7

Gargan- 6
Sanyang- 6
Saric- 6
Le Brocca- 6
Peterson- 6

DeGuzman- 7
DeRosario- 9
Barrett- 7
OBW- 7

Shit first half and a good resurgance in second half. I wonder if we would have won if we were playing vs 11 men. I'm glad the team won but those goals were both suspect. If the Seitz had stopped that free kick from DeRosario, it would be 1-1, and if the referee had not called that dubious penalty kick, it would be 1-0 for the Union. Very sketchy win if you ask me.

Wasn't a dubious penalty, replay clearly showed OBW got the ball, then the keeper got him. If anything it was Dero's first goal which was luck. Either way, this board seems a bit harsh following a win. Did TFC play great for 90 minutes? No. Did they play well enough to win? Yes, clearly. Was it an improvement over last week? Miles. Did Garcia play? Not even close. Did Barrett open the game up like we'd hoped he'd do? Yes. Lets all just chill out and enjoy the win!

Not giving rankings but I LOVED how OBW played, loved Barret, Dero, Deguz (2nd half), Lebroca. Our defenders might not be great but a serious improvement over the previous 2 weeks. Also good to see some ref calls going our way, esp at home. It's about time. New stand looked great, grass looked great. It's a celebration bitches!

colman1860
04-15-2010, 09:09 PM
Either way, this board seems a bit harsh following a win. Did TFC play great for 90 minutes? No. Did they play well enough to win? Yes, clearly.

I think the board is right to be harsh. We needed a lot of luck to beat an expansion team by one goal, when they were down to 10 men for more than half the game.

Waggy
04-15-2010, 09:16 PM
I think the board is right to be harsh. We needed a lot of luck to beat an expansion team by one goal, when they were down to 10 men for more than half the game.

We easily could have won 3 or 4-1 too, remember some of the missed chances. Luck is a part of sports. I don't recall hearing this board apologizing for anyone when other teams were lucky to beat us. You make your own luck. If Deguz doesn't pressure the defender, he doesn't draw the red. If OBW isn't led perfectly, and make a good first touch around the keeper there is no penalty. If Dero doesn't drill the kick it doesn't go in. I'm not saying it was a perfect game, far from it. Obviously there's lots to improve on. At the same time though if you can't take pleasure in a win, I don't know why you watch sports.

Lucky Strike
04-15-2010, 09:26 PM
Hey! My feature got upstaged! :D Anyway, I won't create a new thread, just go ahead with my ratings. Part 1 of 2.

I complained last week that it would be nice for once to have the opposition throw away their game against us for a change. Well, it seems someone was paying attention. It’ll do good to the team and to us supporters, clearing the winter of our discontent. I thought Jimmy’s celebration was pleasant to see and presumably, the new Wall of Honour will welcome Dichio in short order. On to the ratings:

Frei (6): Wasn’t really called upon except for that one ball in the first half that mysteriously made its way through everyone. Had little chance on the goal so it’s a standard grade for the Swiss today.
Usanov (5): It’s always exciting to see new guys come in (issues with heavy turnover aside). Was at fault on the goal, being in too centre a position which allowed Harvey so sneak in the back and finish a well worked goal from Philadelphia. He also had some communication issues but that’s to be expected for the first game and particularly since his English is reportedly not too fantastic. Other general observations about the player is that he won’t be blazing down the right, he appears a touch slower than the average footballer’s speed. Finally, he seems to be able to put in a good ball into the box. Booked & Subbed.
Attakora (6.5): I thought he was good today and effective in the air. I recall one instance where it was a bit dodgy but can’t remember specifically when or where.
Cann (6.5): The other new (everything is relative) player in today’s lineup. Like Attakora, he was good in the air and generally looked composed on the ball. It’s been mentioned in the broadcast that this could be the central pairing going forward and I have to agree. But let’s remember than Philadelphia played most of the match with 10 men so neither he or Attakora were under any particular sustained pressure.
Hscanovics (5.5): Tough match for the Latvian. He seems to be decent on the ball (aside from a moment or two) and can put a good ball in but so appears to get caught out positionally speaking. It happened in New England and two or three times again tonight. It’s concerning to be sure but it’s fair to give him some time to adjust to the team’s tactics. Team tactics aren’t causing him to be in a bad position but perhaps Skonto’s tactics are still ingrained in him. Lastly, another yellow on an ill advised tackle. He was spot on in terms of accuracy, but was a second late and therefore caught the player instead. Booked.
Gargan (6): Wasn’t overly visible in the first half’s 5-man midfield but much more noticeable when he took over from Usanov at right back. Again, the opposition being a man down will make all defenders look that much better but he did what he had to do and didn’t get skinned. He also had a nice sliding tackle near the end of the game to deny a developing Philadelphia attacking move. I’d expect to see him start at RB in Colorado. He played better than Usanov and will likely be in better shape for the altitude.
Sanyang (6): Another good performance from the youngster; obviously still raw and looking a bit clumsy at times but it’s apparent the talent is there. I think a 5-man midfield suits him as it prevents him from being tempted to have a huge lunge at someone and he does a good job at “being there”. It doesn’t sound like huge praise but as a DM, he has to be in the opponent’s face and I think he does that well. Got a smash in the face courtesy of Barett but I think he’ll be OK. He was taken off probably as a precaution and because Preki didn’t want to have only 10 men for too long. Subbed.
Saric (5): As opposed to Sanyang, I think a 5-man midfield hinders Saric. He looked crowded out and had no room to really do anything. It caused to have a few giveaways and didn’t really produce anything positive. It’s not that he was bad, just didn’t have the space and the chance to be good. Subbed.
LaBrocca (6): Nothing spectacular but no obvious mistakes either. Labrocca’s image doesn’t scream skill but his set piece are no worse than Guevara’s so far. They’ve yet to be proven better though as Guevara could produce that magical moment. Still, an industrious performance and I’m glad we have him.
DeGuzman (6): Fewer giveaways tonight but I thought him being played further up afield didn’t do him any good. He tended to take his emphasis on attack a bit too far and was too far up the pitch at the wrong time. I do want to see him in the centre of midfield in a box-to-box type of guy though. I know, I know he’s better as a DM, but if the Sanyang/Saric combo can lock it down effectively, CM is the better idea since he has more creativity than Sanyang or Saric. He did get Califf sent off though with his quick reaction to the backpass.
DeRosario (7.5): ZOMG!!! TFC scored a penalty! Hopefully that most vexing of strange curses will go away - but about the player himself, another leading performance by the skipper. It’s very encouraging, he’s now not only de facto a leader but now also de jure captain and it seems to spur him on to be even better this year. Aside from the two goals, one which was gifted due to a cataclysmic mistake of epic proportions, he was dangerous all evening long which is a good feeling to have as a supporter. He says he prefers AM rather than striker, but I have to tell you he’s pretty darn good either way.

Lucky Strike
04-15-2010, 09:26 PM
Part 2 of 2.

Barrett, on for Usanov – 46th minute (6): Same story. Worked hard, created some good opportunities but couldn’t finish the ones he had. Good to have you back, Chad.
White, on for Saric – 46th minute (7): A very good half from the youngster. Seemed to be well in gear when there were other attackers for the opposition to pay attention to. It confirms what we really knew already. White’s movement isn’t that great and isn’t effective as a lone striker. But fortunately, there were three upfront and he was dangerous. Unlucky not to get the penalty call when he was being held and got the call when he just outwilled the defender to the ball and got upended by the keeper. Well done.
Peterson, on for Sanyang – 60th minute (6.5): Only had 30 minutes of action coming back from injury but I thought he displayed quality with some good inspired passes.

Preki (7.5): I’m not entirely sure what Preki wanted to do with his 4-5-1 but my best guesses are to crowd the midfield and in particular the talented duo of Torres and Fred who were essentially invisible (aside from Torres’s assist on the goal) and/or wanted to have a more defensive set up to establish a good mentality. Rightly switched to a 4-3-3 at halftime given we were up a man at home and you always want to push to get the right result at home. And he did so by removing the two most ineffective players in Saric and Usanov. The team made the pitch look large in the second half which meant that Torres couldn’t get anywhere near the ball and was subbed. At that moment, it was obvious Philadelphia was playing for the draw since Torres couldn’t get anything going offensively. I think for the first time in history, TFC out-strategized the opposition.

Referee (6): Way too ticky-tacky in the early going, being overly fussy as to where throws and kicks were taken from. I also thought Usanov didn’t deserve his yellow card (he did get the ball) and White could have gotten the penalty call earlier when he was being held. Nevertheless, though he was quick to call fouls (some which I thought had nothing to them), I thought he was at least fairly consistent in his approach. He rightly sent Califf off for that elbow to the face and awarded the penalty in the end.

TFC MOTM: DeRosario. Two goals and still the only person to score for TFC this year. Sure the first one was a gift but he took his penalty well to seal the win. Credit also goes to his strong presence throughout the match. Honourable mention to White who earned the penalty with his hussle.

Most impressed by opposition’s: No one really stood out tonight. I’ll go with Roger Torres because despite not doing much tonight, he did have a beautiful pass to Harvey for the goal. Plus, he’s impressed me in the other games that I’ve seen him in.

Least impressed by opposition’s: Chris Seitz. A diabolical mistake on the first goal and didn’t look at all settled during the match. No one really impressed me tonight.

Conclusion: Disappointing to see another defensive lapse cost us a goal, especially being a man up. However, we can hope that it’s lesson learned as it didn’t end up costing us in the end in the standings. Satisfying home win and well played. Yes, we were a man up for almost an hour but in past instances, I always felt TFC very rarely took advantage of opposition red cards. I’m still eager to see someone else score a goal though. Did I mention this win feels good?

brad
04-15-2010, 09:27 PM
Thought Rai was awful, consistently out of position.

Saric's was also terrible, his first touch is Sunday league calibre.

Serb_Star
04-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Frei- 7

Usanov- 5
Rai- 5.5
Attakora- 6
Cann- 6

Gargan- 6
Sanyang- 6
Saric- 5
Le Brocca- 6
Peterson- 5.5

DeGuzman- 5.5
DeRosario- 8
Barrett- 7
OBW- 7

nimamalek
04-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Barrett and LaBrocca both had great games. LaBrocca put in some great balls, won some important tackles and was all over the field. Although Barrett missed his first header, he set up the penalty and also had a perfect pass to Dero that was missed.

WestStandGeoff
04-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Barrett deserves at least an 8 for his pace, and for being smart enough to pass instead of putting it straight into the keeper - wasn't his fault DeRo hit the cross bar.

Chevy
04-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Glad to see Barrett getting some love for a change.

Whoop
04-15-2010, 10:00 PM
I thought Hscanovics had a tough game again. He did make a big stop towards the end of the second half but he looked uncomfortable all match.

Usanov was at fault for the goal but I thought he looked more comfortable. And he put some balls through.

Cann was neither good or bad.

I don't mind Labrocca.

Davenport
04-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Frei- 5

Usanov- 1
Rai- 1
Attakora- 1
Cann- 1

Gargan- 1
Sanyang- 1
Saric- 1
Le Brocca- 1
Peterson- 1

DeGuzman- 1
DeRosario- 1
Barrett- 1
OBW- 1

Where's the left back ?......he was a 0

Corrected above.....it was embarrassing shite.

ballerz
04-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Frei (8.5) - Made two big saves that saved the team
Attakora (7.5) - Steady and strong in the air
Cann (7.5) - Looks much better than Harden or Garcia. Should be MLS calibre
Usanov (4) - His mop brings back memories of Adam Braz. His game is not that much better than him. Doesn't bring much to the attack and his footspeed is too slow - especially if you consider the guy who use to play there
Hscanoivc (6) - On several occasions, he did not make a run when he had space. On the contrary, this is possibly the first game in our 4 year history that our LB didn't get burnt once by an opponent!
Gargan (5) - Steady and unspectacular when at RB. Won't offer much as a wide midfielder
Labrocca (5.5) - His work rate is up there, but I have no idea why Preki gave him the dead balls. His delivery has too high of a projectory and is not neccessarily accurate
De Guzman (8.5) - His work rate, ball winning, and distribution skills showed today
Saric (3) - We need to ship him back to Serbia/Argentina. Offers the same things as De Guzman and Labrocca but doesn't do it any better. Add in Cronin, there is no room for a central midfielder who can't play
Sanyang (6.5) - Very lively and made some strong tackles in the midfield before being cut open. He is deserving of the starts
DeRo (4) - His two goals masked his performance. He was very lazy and looked lackluster and slow when he decides to run. He would not give up the ball until it's too late and he will never make a run after a pass. His first goal was a gift, the second was a PK
Barrett (6) - Provided two chances and set up a third in the second half, more than any of his teammates could do in the 1st half. Still can't finish but that's expected
White (6) - Good running to wear out the defenders. Rewarded with drawing a PK
Peterson (1) - Showed nothing on the pitch today
Preki (5) - Horrible tactics in the first half. 5 man midfielder who plays centrally? No width and the only option is to play the over the top ball to Dero who doesn't not have the size or speed to latch on to the ball? I give him props for making an early switch to give Barret and White a full 45

Gazza
04-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Labrocca 7 (at least)

Dero does not deserve a 9

Pretty tough on a guy who scored the only goals of the game for us. Without him we are 0-3, so i'll agree with the 9 rating.

Davenport
Frei (8.5) - Made two big saves that saved the team
Attakora (7.5) - Steady and strong in the air
Cann (7.5) - Looks much better than Harden or Garcia. Should be MLS calibre
Usanov (4) - His mop brings back memories of Adam Braz. His game is not that much better than him. Doesn't bring much to the attack and his footspeed is too slow - especially if you consider the guy who use to play there
Hscanoivc (6) - On several occasions, he did not make a run when he had space. On the contrary, this is possibly the first game in our 4 year history that our LB didn't get burnt once by an opponent!
Gargan (5) - Steady and unspectacular when at RB. Won't offer much as a wide midfielder
Labrocca (5.5) - His work rate is up there, but I have no idea why Preki gave him the dead balls. His delivery has too high of a projectory and is not neccessarily accurate
De Guzman (8.5) - His work rate, ball winning, and distribution skills showed today
Saric (3) - We need to ship him back to Serbia/Argentina. Offers the same things as De Guzman and Labrocca but doesn't do it any better. Add in Cronin, there is no room for a central midfielder who can't play
Sanyang (6.5) - Very lively and made some strong tackles in the midfield before being cut open. He is deserving of the starts
DeRo (4) - His two goals masked his performance. He was very lazy and looked lackluster and slow when he decides to run. He would not give up the ball until it's too late and he will never make a run after a pass. His first goal was a gift, the second was a PK
Barrett (6) - Provided two chances and set up a third in the second half, more than any of his teammates could do in the 1st half. Still can't finish but that's expected
White (6) - Good running to wear out the defenders. Rewarded with drawing a PK
Peterson (1) - Showed nothing on the pitch today
Preki (5) - Horrible tactics in the first half. 5 man midfielder who plays centrally? No width and the only option is to play the over the top ball to Dero who doesn't not have the size or speed to latch on to the ball? I give him props for making an early switch to give Barret and White a full 45

Did you watch the game ?
Hcscanociv or however you spell his name was worse than shite...a ZERO.
Very generous marks for a very poor performance

rocker
Hscanovics -- not sure about this guy. at times I think he has some quality, but then he goes and does a ridiculous tackle (the one he got the yellow on). Everyone in my section was laughing because the yellow was completely deserved.

Gazza
04-15-2010, 10:11 PM
If we're we're dealing with expectations, De Guzman deserves a 5...although he was played out of position, so i'll give him a 6.

Imagine Phil Kessel being told to play defence and then the fans getting on him for sucking at playing defence. That's the way i look at De Guzman...he's a holding midfielder, let's play him as one.

ag futbol
04-15-2010, 10:12 PM
I'll judge the guys who are attacking for this team based on results.

If someone wants to take a piss about how great some punters work rate is who can't score, go ahead. I'll take the guy who puts the ball in the net 10x out of 10.

Stryker
04-15-2010, 10:13 PM
You're buying into the hype if you give De Guzman anything higher than a 5.
So far our DP has been a colossal bust. But I'll save that thread for tomorrow.

Davenport
04-15-2010, 10:14 PM
;979061']This the first game where the team played the entire game in a 4-4-2 (IMO).

Ratings:

Frei- 7

Usanov- 6
Rai- 6
Attakora- 7
Cann- 7

Gargan- 6
Sanyang- 6
Saric- 6
Le Brocca- 6
Peterson- 6

DeGuzman- 7
DeRosario- 9
Barrett- 7
OBW- 7

These marks are in no way a reflection of the game that was held tonight at BMO Field in Toronto.
Watch the next game, look at what's happening and then give the players a realistic rating.

Waggy
04-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Where's the left back ?......he was a 0

Corrected above.....it was embarrassing shite.

WE WON THE BLEEPING GAME! WHAT RESULT DO YOU WANT? IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN 3-1 IF NOT FOR DERO HITTING THE WOODWORK ON THAT BORDERLINE OFFSIDE! WE WON THE GAME! THERES BEEN PLENTY OF TIME TO COMPLAIN AND GOD KNOWS THERE WILL BE PLENTY MORE TO COME! CANT YOU TAKE 2 HOURS OFF TO ENJOY A WIN?! WHY ARE YOU EVEN WATCHING THIS TEAM OR ON A TFC SUPPORTERS SITE? AND YES I KNOW MY CAPS LOCK IS ON, BUT NO I CAN'T STOP YELLING! THAT'S JUST HOW I TALK! AIN'T YA NEVER SEEN MY MOVIES?!

Davenport
04-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Your buying into the hype if you give De Guzman anything higher than a 5.
So far our DP has been a colossal bust. But I'll save that thread for tomorrow.

He's earning $1m and he does nothing.
The biggest waste of money in football..........worldwide.

Whoop
04-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Pretty tough on a guy who scored the only goals of the game for us. Without him we are 0-3, so i'll agree with the 9 rating.

9 is usually reserved for a spectacular performance. I would give him a 7.5 or 8.

Whoop
04-15-2010, 10:20 PM
DeRo's Barrettesque/Cunnighamesque miss that hit the woodwork alone would prevent hiim from getting a 9... too generous.

ballerz
Did you watch the game ?
Hcscanociv or however you spell his name was worse than shite...a ZERO.
Very generous marks for a very poor performance

To be fair, his defensive positioning is what you should expect from a full back. How many times have you cursed Brennan for letting people walk by?

From an attacking standpoint. He looked scare moving into the attacking third. It is definitely something he has to change but perhaps he got specific instructions from Preki to not venture deep into the wings

Davenport
WE WON THE BLEEPING GAME! WHAT RESULT DO YOU WANT? IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN 3-1 IF NOT FOR DERO HITTING THE WOODWORK ON THAT BORDERLINE OFFSIDE! WE WON THE GAME! THERES BEEN PLENTY OF TIME TO COMPLAIN AND GOD KNOWS THERE WILL BE PLENTY MORE TO COME! CANT YOU TAKE 2 HOURS OFF TO ENJOY A WIN?! WHY ARE YOU EVEN WATCHING THIS TEAM OR ON A TFC SUPPORTERS SITE? AND YES I KNOW MY CAPS LOCK IS ON, BUT NO I CAN'T STOP YELLING! THAT'S JUST HOW I TALK! AIN'T YA NEVER SEEN MY MOVIES?!

I don't get caught up with the MLSE TFC BS.
I know the game, I am a student of the game, have played and coached at a very good level and I know when things are not good and players are not performing.
Johnston has done a terrible job.
Preki played one up front tonight ...at home against an expansion team with a player in the attacking midfield position who has never played there before.
Words can not express how desperate that is.
To scrape past an expansion team who had a player sent off.....says it all.

Waggy
04-15-2010, 10:24 PM
I know the game, I am a student of the game, have played and coached at a very good level and I know when things are not good and players are not performing.
Preki played one up front tonight ...at home against an expansion team with a player in the attacking midfield position who has never played there before.

If you coach, then you understand players limitations. We all know this team isn't very good. We all know this team as presently structured isn't going to win anything, and certainly isn't a shining example of world football, but for what we have they played well. If a bunch of guys playing almost as well as they can isn't enough for you, then seriously, I don't know why you watch sports. If Mo did a poor job assembling the team, thats on him. Don't take players limitations out on the players. The guys are who they are, they played hard today, and almost to a man we couldn't have asked for much more out of them. They'll improve as they learn the tactics Preki wants to play but as a coach, if the players best isn't enough, why are you coming down harshly on the players? What would you have Cann do if he isn't as talented as you'd like him to be? What would you have Barrett do if he for some reason just can't finish? They gave their all, that's all we can ask for. If that's not good enough for you, then I feel sorry for you, you must live a miserable existence as a sports fan.

Davenport
04-15-2010, 10:31 PM
If you coach, then you understand players limitations. We all know this team isn't very good. We all know this team as presently structured isn't going to win anything, and certainly isn't a shining example of world football, but for what we have they played well. If a bunch of guys playing almost as well as they can isn't enough for you, then seriously, I don't know why you watch sports. If Mo did a poor job assembling the team, thats on him. Don't take players limitations out on the players. The guys are who they are, they played hard today, and almost to a man we couldn't have asked for much more out of them. They'll improve as they learn the tactics Preki wants to play but as a coach, if the players best isn't enough, why are you coming down harshly on the players? What would you have Cann do if he isn't as talented as you'd like him to be? What would you have Barrett do if he for some reason just can't finish? They gave their all, that's all we can ask for. If that's not good enough for you, then I feel sorry for you, you must live a miserable existence as a sports fan.

Not at all...I live a very full life thanks.
Full of wonderful things like music, wine, football, theatre, my kids and my wife.
I'm just really upset about the product that's on display here.
I know.....without a doubt, that I could get a squad of players from S.W. Ontario that could give TFC a game....and all those boys are amateurs.
That's without going beyond our boundaries and getting a team that deserves to be paid and praised like the players from TFC are.
Agreed..it's not the players fault, but giving them unconditional love is endorsing what Johnston wants...getting mediocre players in and expecting them to be loved.

neuf
04-15-2010, 10:42 PM

Yeah man, fuck Preki. You should be coaching TFC, since you've played and coached at such a high level!

Super Cereal
04-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought Usanov and Rai looked good for new players.

Shakes McQueen
04-15-2010, 10:46 PM
Just finished watching the game on my PVR, and I have to say Barrett absolutely made the right choice in passing off to DeRo on that breakaway. Barrett was under pressure, and had DeRo been onside, it was a perfect pass.

- Scott

Gazza
04-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Just finished watching the game on my PVR, and I have to say Barrett absolutely made the right choice in passing off to DeRo on that breakaway. Barrett was under pressure, and had DeRo been onside, it was a perfect pass.

- Scott

Spot on! De Ro didn't read the line well all game. He's like the Inzaghi of the MLS. But other than that, i thought he played great!

rocker
04-15-2010, 11:06 PM

- Scott

i just watched the highlights, confirming my opinion is the same as yours. That Philly defender almost catches up to Barrett before he passes. A few more strides and Barrett would have nothing himself anyways. The pass was weighted perfectly and he chose the best option.

Pachuco
04-15-2010, 11:07 PM
I just realized this is the ratings thread. Here is my thoughts I put in the other thread.

Well...I payed to go watch a professional game and instead I was surprised two house league teams showed up to play. We were no doubt going to lose this match until Califf made a bonehead move. I've celebrated losses more then I would ever celebrate this discusting win.

Usanov and Hscanovic, HORRENDOUS. That's Hscanovic's second game sucking shit, hopefully he gets better. Usanov, well he gets a by since that's his first game. He knows how to go forward, unfortunately has no idea how to defend (note the goal Philly scored).

Dero, well he's Dero. He has a bad game and still manages to score 2 goals. We've never had a winner like this on the team and I'm hoping we don't lose him to his own frustration.

Deguz - Meh, this guy isn't worth 200K and somehow he's making alot more. I'm done with waiting for him to get better.

Saric - fuck me, horrible. And to think Preki keeps playing him over Cronin. Fucked up!

Cann - pleasant surprise in the air, doesn't know how to pass the ball. One of the main guys that made me feel like I was watching house league with constant long balls to the other team. Nana did the same today, hopefully this isn't what Preki is teaching.

Labrocca was somewhat invisible. Didn't really see much from him.

Peterson looked like he might have some moves and speed. Still need to see more.

OBW atleast hustled when he came on the field. He seemed hungry to me.

Barrett was hungry as well, but still, same old barrett with two headers where he couldn't hit the net. He did give Dero a freebie for a hat-trick which was the right decision in my mind.

Frei - wasn't all that busy thanks to the ping pong play that went on in the midfield but he stepped up on that one diving save he needed to make.

Gargan - I don't know, he was ok I guess. He's definately better then the other two outside backs.

Enjoy the win boys, I have a feeling we won't be seeing another for a while.