PDA

View Full Version : Brennan Honouring

prizby
04-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Does this mean his number is retired

who do you think will go up on the wall too?

RoBo, Dichio?

how about the 12th man?

back on topic...

Congrats Jimmy..we are all very proud of you and wish you the best!

Bars92
04-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Well I'm suprised the Dich is not up there already.

Nodoubtguy
04-15-2010, 08:39 PM
no, its not retired.....just honoured.

And DD will get his day soon, but this was the first game at home since Brennan retired. I'm sure they want each player to have their own special day

THA BUTCHA
04-15-2010, 08:53 PM
pfft..

Dichio is way more deserving than that twat

Redcoe15
04-15-2010, 08:58 PM
Only a matter of time.

GabrielHurl
04-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Usamov is wearing Robbo's old number

ArmenJBX
04-15-2010, 09:02 PM
It should be for players who end their careers in Toronto, or are moving to Europe after successful spells or whatnot. It shouldn't go to players who just have a couple good years, then move off to LA or something of the sort, get what I'm saying?

With that in mind, Dichio deserves to be up there, and if De Rosario retires here, then he should get it too.

Wagner
04-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Could it mean that Dichio could come out of retirement?? ;)

MFG1
04-15-2010, 09:03 PM
pfft..

AMEN brother, AMEN.

Waggy
04-15-2010, 09:09 PM
pfft..

Just cause Dichio is more deserving doesn't make Jimmy a twat. And I dunno if it's exactly that out there for a team to honour it's first captain before any other players. Remember they didn't retire his number, they just put his name on a wall. Danny's time will come, don't worry. Why are people so angry after a win?

Chevy
04-15-2010, 09:15 PM
It should be for players who end their careers in Toronto, or are moving to Europe after successful spells or whatnot. It shouldn't go to players who just have a couple good years, then move off to LA or something of the sort, get what I'm saying?

With that in mind, Dichio deserves to be up there, and if De Rosario retires here, then he should get it too.

+1. Based on the ten posts in this thread, the wall is already full.

Lucky Strike
04-15-2010, 09:40 PM

no, its not retired.....just honoured.

And DD will get his day soon, but this was the first game at home since Brennan retired. I'm sure they want each player to have their own special day

He will, I'm sure of it. But today was about Jimmy and no matter how much Dichio belongs up there, it wouldn't be fair to have them share the occasion.

Robbo won't be there though. The Wall of Honour shouldn't be for every Tom, Dick and Harry. It'll probably be Jimmy and Dichio and it'll be a while before anyone else is added to it.

billyfly
04-15-2010, 09:47 PM
I posted this yesterday in the Grass thread and pre-game thread. I saw #11 on the West Side yesterday when I was at BMO for a sneak peak.

It is my understanding that Dichio will have his own day. Yes it makes sense that #9 is up there first but this is the way they did it and they know that Danny has to be honoured soon.

Gazza
04-15-2010, 09:49 PM
Not sure why he deserves to be honoured at all. He didn't do anything. So he was the first player signed, great! He's also the same player who captained us to no playoff appearances. He's a mediocre player at best, and i'm ashamed to have him on any toronto wall of fame!

Lucky Strike
04-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Not sure why he deserves to be honoured at all. He didn't do anything. So he was the first player signed, great! He's also the same player who captained us to no playoff appearances. He's a mediocre player at best, and i'm ashamed to have him on any toronto wall of fame!

Well get some honey for the Good News Bear.

Gazza
04-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Well get some honey for the Good News Bear.

Sorry, my mistake!...TFC till i die!...Jimmy B is a legend!

Happy now?

Darlofletch
04-15-2010, 10:32 PM
Bit disappointed with NEE. they basically ignored the ceremony and just went thru their usual post anthem, o when the reds song.

MarkEightThree
04-15-2010, 11:19 PM
Any pics of the wall??

FluSH
04-15-2010, 11:20 PM

I thought of the same thing... testimonial perhaps... I hope it comes.

Cashcleaner
04-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Not sure why he deserves to be honoured at all. He didn't do anything. So he was the first player signed, great! He's also the same player who captained us to no playoff appearances. He's a mediocre player at best, and i'm ashamed to have him on any Toronto wall of fame!

Fuck man, you sounds like he slept with your wife or something.

Jimmy was a GOOD player. Not fantastic. Not stellar. But a good player. And while we can argue all we want about his contribution on the pitch, the facts remain that he was our first-ever signing and the first TFC all-star player. Let's give credit where it's due, alright?

Lucky Strike
04-15-2010, 11:34 PM
Sorry, my mistake!...TFC till i die!...Jimmy B is a legend!

Happy now?

Better, if a little obvious.

DichioTFC
04-15-2010, 11:36 PM
Although Dichio isn't up there, he still has more to do for the club. He's getting his coaching license, he's coaching the Academy, he's going to be brought up to the club as an assistant one day and a head coach after that. There's still more to be seen from Mr. Dichio in my opinion.

But, all said and done, he should be up there. Hopefully by the end of the season.

rocker
04-15-2010, 11:48 PM
I think if they are deciding the order of these things, Brennan should come first. He was the first player signed.. gave TFC a "face".. he played almost every game in the first three seasons. He played hard and when injured. He's Canadian :)
Dichio should be second... he signed on a number of months after Brennan, didn't play in the first game of the team, although his impact was greater I think. He also played fewer games (59 vs 84 for Brennan). So I can't complain about this choice as long as Dichio gets his day this season.

Blazer
04-16-2010, 08:32 AM
What Brennan is that Dichio is not:

1. Canadian
2. Franchise’s first team captain
3. Team Canada captain (remember, this stadium isn’t just TFC’s)

Dichio will be next. Don’t get so bent out of shape over the whole thing.

Parkdale
04-16-2010, 08:34 AM
Don’t get so bent out of shape over the whole thing.

around here? never... ;)

and yes, Brennan was on the team longer than Danny, and was Captain (which is worth something) so he got the honour first. Doesn't take away from Danny's event at all.

ensco
04-16-2010, 08:41 AM
I hate it. Brennan doesn't remotely deserve this, nobody else does either.

A team's official "Wall of Honour" should be about longevity of service, and a central role in real accomplishment.

Not even Dichio should be on that wall. Dichio's "specialness" defies easy description but is something unique and separate from the team.

DichioTFC
04-16-2010, 11:59 AM
I hate it. Brennan doesn't remotely deserve this, nobody else does either.

A team's official "Wall of Honour" should be about longevity of service, and a central role in real accomplishment.

Not even Dichio should be on that wall. Dichio's "specialness" defies easy description but is something unique and separate from the team.

:facepalm:

Redboy11
04-16-2010, 12:11 PM
What the fuck is wrong with some of you? Way to go Jimmy.

Hitcho
04-16-2010, 12:20 PM
You have to wonder if some people were actually around in season one, or if they just turned up last season. I remember the way Jimmy gave heart and soul for this team, not just playing through broken ribs, but playing out of position too. I mean he was our CB for much of season one - how fucking nuts is that?! But he just sucked it up and gave 110% for the team and the cause, and did a pretty amazing job in the circumstances. Plus he was an excellent leader for the team. First signing, first captain, first in minutes played, first player fo the year. Gave instant credence to the TFC franchise as well by signing on when he did having had a pretty good career with some well known clubs in England.

Legend for this club and fully deserving of his (first) place on the wall.

Globetrotter
04-16-2010, 12:37 PM
Guys!!!

MAY 8 vs Chicago.

Does that remotely sound like MAY 12 2007 vs Chicago (THE VERY FIRST GOAL!)

You think that might be an appropriate date to put him on the wall???

Heard it hear first.

cosmos
04-16-2010, 12:40 PM
It may have been a great night for Jimmy but not his wife and kid - they sat her first row of sec 133 in the North Stands - I hear she was pretty pissed about it. If you are going to honour the guy at least let his family sit is the Club seats not stuck beside the beer lady who was so busy they couldn't sit in their seats. Pretty weak if you ask me.

Globetrotter
04-16-2010, 12:42 PM
^you remember the pic we saw of jim looking at the view from the north stands? maybe he was scoping out a really poor seat for her because they are having marital spats :) joking of course.

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Jimmy deserves to be up there. End of.

and very few football clubs actually retire numbers, unless a player dies or something, but as a sign of respect, numbers are sometimes temporarily retired; for example, Paolo Maldini's 3 is unofficially retired until one of his sons rises through the ranks to take it over.

It would be kind of crappy and classless if the next guy TFC signs gets to take the no. 11 shirt.

ensco
04-16-2010, 12:44 PM
MLSE should just finish the job and buy Kraft already. They bring out the velveeta all the time, especially for their losing teams, to distract grumpy fans.

When Tie Domi played his 1000th game, well, 99% of players that do that might get a scoreboard acknowledgement, but not MLSE. They played it like he was Wayne Gretzky. It's part of their playbook.

It gives me the hives, I'm tired of it, and it's not disrespectful to Jim Brennan, as a man or a good player, to say so.

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-16-2010, 12:44 PM
It may have been a great night for Jimmy but not his wife and kid - they sat her first row of sec 133 in the North Stands - I hear she was pretty pissed about it. If you are going to honour the guy at least let his family sit is the Club seats not stuck beside the beer lady who was so busy they couldn't sit in their seats. Pretty weak if you ask me.

I thought club guests and that were usually allowed to sit in private boxes, or at least excellent seats. That IS quite weak.

DichioTFC
04-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Jimmy deserves to be up there. End of.

and very few football clubs actually retire numbers, unless a player dies or something, but as a sign of respect, numbers are sometimes temporarily retired; for example, Paolo Maldini's 3 is unofficially retired until one of his sons rises through the ranks to take it over.

It would be kind of crappy and classless if the next guy TFC signs gets to take the no. 11 shirt.

As much as I like Jimmy, I don't know about officially retiring the 11. It would be nice if they could keep it unofficially retired, so that we get the impression that future players care about the history of our club.

Still, Jimmy deserves to be honoured so we can take our kids to future games and tell them about TFC's first captain.

ginkster88
04-16-2010, 12:48 PM

I thought club guests and that were usually allowed to sit in private boxes, or at least excellent seats. That IS quite weak.

The MLSE box was occupied last night, but you'd think they would accommodate the former captain and his family..

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-16-2010, 12:52 PM
MLSE should just finish the job and buy Kraft already. They bring out the velveeta all the time, especially for their losing teams, to distract grumpy fans.

When Tie Domi played his 1000th game, well, 99% of players that do that might get a scoreboard acknowledgement, but not MLSE. They played it like he was Wayne Gretzky. It's part of their playbook.

It gives me the hives, I'm tired of it, and it's not disrespectful to Jim Brennan, as a man or a good player, to say so.
You moan about everything. How many players play 1000 games for one team these days? Not very many. Not to mention, he was a fan favourite for a very long time.

On the other hand, when Mats Sundin scored his 500th goal, a far greater accomplishment, they had a 90-second ceremony at centre ice and showed a 10-second montage of him scoring the goal on the scoreboard.

If anything, MLSE doesn't do ENOUGH to honour its great players when you look at what other clubs do. Hell, the Habs have pretty much retired every number from 1 to 20, and while you could argue they've gone overboard with it (Bob Gainey's name should not be up in the rafters alongside the likes of Guy Lafleur, Jean Beliveau and Maurice Richard), it shows respect for their players.

MLSE carries on the tradition of Harold Ballard who pretended the Leafs hadn't existed before he bought them and refused to honour Leaf greats past and present in any way. Instead of retiring numbers we 'honour' them so as not to have to actually try to get Dave Keon to acknowledge the Leafs exist again and overcome the massive problem of Frank Mahovlich and Darryl Sittler having both worn 27 (just stick two banners up there, dumbasses). The weak line they give is that they want to 'allow future Leaf players to enjoy those numbers,' but they don't want to be bothered cleaning up the logistical nightmare they inherited from Ballard, the problem of having to honour a number of great players who all wore the same number. "Enjoying a number?" Donne moi un break.

v00d00daddy
04-16-2010, 12:55 PM
I know I'm gonna get called a wet blanket but let me get this straight.

In 3+ years, TFC has managed to produce 2 "wall of fame" worthy players and may have another one wearing the armband now. Not to mention that some would put up the jersey of a guy who now plays with NYRB.

So that makes 3-4 players who are TFC legends...in less than 4 years.

Wow...we're pretty good. Unfortunately none of those 3 seasons were at all successful (please don't bother to mention the NCC) and we haven't played a playoff game yet.

Seriously people....if the club keeps this up there is going to be no more room above the west stand by the time season 6 comes along.

This is too much.

Just my opinion.

ensco
04-16-2010, 12:59 PM
You moan about everything.

Not true. Only thing I ever complained about, really, was turf and Cunningham, until this year.

But we're being manipulated, and treated like we're brain dead, by management, on a lot of things. This Brennan thing is part of it. I don't like it.

Toronto_Bhoy
04-16-2010, 01:04 PM
Fuck man, you sounds like he slept with your wife or something.

Jimmy was a GOOD player. Not fantastic. Not stellar. But a good player. And while we can argue all we want about his contribution on the pitch, the facts remain that he was our first-ever signing and the first TFC all-star player. Let's give credit where it's due, alright?

While I don't disagree with you Cash, it is waaaaaaaaaay too early in TFC's history to start throwing names and numbers on a wall. Way too early.

Brennan was decent…nothing more…nothing less…

Yes, being the first signing/captain/Canadian is very significant but is Jimmy now the benchmark?

GBV
04-16-2010, 01:17 PM
good for him etc., but it's cringe-worthy, really.

raise the bar, team.

mlsintoronto
04-16-2010, 01:55 PM
I know I'm gonna get called a wet blanket but let me get this straight.

In 3+ years, TFC has managed to produce 2 "wall of fame" worthy players and may have another one wearing the armband now. Not to mention that some would put up the jersey of a guy who now plays with NYRB.

So that makes 3-4 players who are TFC legends...in less than 4 years.

Wow...we're pretty good. Unfortunately none of those 3 seasons were at all successful (please don't bother to mention the NCC) and we haven't played a playoff game yet.

Seriously people....if the club keeps this up there is going to be no more room above the west stand by the time season 6 comes along.

This is too much.

Just my opinion.

i'm with you as a general statement. We're building some history here. I can't help but think of Darryl Sittler and what he was to the Leafs. His banner went up...what? 15 years after retirement?

I think the criteria should change over time. But for now i think these are appropriate and justified.

my $0.02

Parkdale
04-16-2010, 02:17 PM
my $0.02

stop talking like us :D

really though, Brennan was our first captain, though our first 3 years. IF that doesn't merit a jersey up on a wall, I don't know what does.

v00d00daddy
04-16-2010, 02:29 PM

really though, Brennan was our first captain, though our first 3 years. IF that doesn't merit a jersey up on a wall, I don't know what does.

It's all a matter of opinion but if the bar is set at Brennan and his accomplishments there will have to be a lot of players up on that wall.

If this wall is going to be meaningful and truly an "honour" then it the standard should be really high.

How exclusive or honourable can it be if we have 2 "wall of honour" players after 3 years of existence?

It makes no sense.

If, in 20 years, we're still looking back on Jim Brennan's career (3 years) with TFC and it's seen as some of the "Best of the best" then this franchise will be have been a horrible failure.

This is not about how much of a nice guy Brennan is. It's about making a wall of honour credible.

mclaren
04-16-2010, 02:32 PM
The Brennan shirt was pretty big - taken up a huge chunk of the wall already. I guess they're not expecting us to have many up there? I suppose it's better to be pragmatic than unrealistic ;)

ensco
04-16-2010, 02:40 PM
i'm with you as a general statement. We're building some history here. I can't help but think of Darryl Sittler and what he was to the Leafs. His banner went up...what? 15 years after retirement?

I think the criteria should change over time. But for now i think these are appropriate and justified.

my $0.02

Ummmmm....... seriously? Sittler?

The Leaf captain who is a comparable to Brennan is Rob Ramage (putting aside Ramage's recent woes). Ramage was a warrior and a character guy, and was captain here at the end of his career for 2 years of non-playoff teams .

menefreghista
04-16-2010, 02:43 PM
This got me thinking about the Blue Jays. They have a longer history than TFC yet they are still a much younger team than the Maple Leafs.

They've actually set the bar for their 'Level of Excellence' fairly high, imo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Blue_Jays#Level_of_Excellence

The only players to make it are Tony Fernandez, Dave Stieb, George Bell, Joe Carter and Robbie Alomar. I'm guessing the next time they add a player will be after Roy Hallady retires.

As for TFC I'm guessing Dichio's name will be joining Brennan's soon. But after that it SHOULD become a lot harder to get your name up there.

Parkdale
04-16-2010, 02:54 PM
If, in 20 years, we're still looking back on Jim Brennan's career (3 years) with TFC and it's seen as some of the "Best of the best" then this franchise will be have been a horrible failure.

This is not about how much of a nice guy Brennan is. It's about making a wall of honour credible.

read what I posted - FIRST captain for FIRST three years. There can only be one first, and that's worth something. (his 'niceness' is completely removed from it)

and 2 players in 3 years would mean 6 players by year 9, or 12 by year 18.

ensco
04-16-2010, 02:59 PM
FIRST captain for FIRST three years.

OK this is the crux of it. Is first captain really that special? I wonder what the Sens have done for their Laurie Boschman, or the Predators for Tom Fitzgerald, or the Thrashers for Kelly Buchberger.....my guess is diddly squat.

Parkdale
04-16-2010, 03:02 PM
OK this is the crux of it. Is first captain really that special? I wonder what the Sens have done for their Laurie Boschman, or the Predators for Tom Fitzgerald, or the Thrashers for Kelly Buchberger.....my guess is diddly squat.

who knows?

I don't.

What I do know is this: If we have to wait for everyone to agree on someone, we'll be waiting for ever (yes, even Dichio)

v00d00daddy
04-16-2010, 03:07 PM
read what I posted - FIRST captain for FIRST three years. There can only be one first, and that's worth something. (his 'niceness' is completely removed from it)

and 2 players in 3 years would mean 6 players by year 9, or 12 by year 18.

Fair enought but what you're basically saying is that it doesn't matter who the actual first captain was but rather that he was first...if you catch my drift.

see the above post.

I guess it could have been anybody...as long as he was the first captain and played a couple of seasons.

Personally I dont' really care who they put up there and what the standard is after this point because the bar has been set so low that any further additions will mean a little less.

again..just my opinion...but in 3 short years we've already got a long history of inflating (some) players value, while arbitrarily diminishing others.

Now the club has officially solidified that for us.

Parkdale
04-16-2010, 03:11 PM
yeah, in a way the 'first captain' doesn't deserve special recognition, but in this case it's also the 'first signed player, first canadian' etc and it's also a kind of 'pre-payment' on all the work he has ahead of him in the organization.

I personally think Brennan was a good pick, if only because he played though injuries, with grit, with broken bones, and then stepped out when his time was up. That's a very canadian virtue, which I can appreciate.

Belfast_Boy
04-16-2010, 03:14 PM

Agreed. I don't see what the big frigging deal is.

The bar is too low? I'm sure we'll have more talented players going up in the future but like Parky said he's our first captain. I think that gives him a bit of a leg up.

don't get too wound up about this.

The Professor
04-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Agreed. I don't see what the big frigging deal is.

The bar is too low? I'm sure we'll have more talented players going up in the future but like Parky said he's our first captain. I think that gives him a bit of a leg up.

don't get too wound up about this.

Exactly.

THA BUTCHA
04-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Still, Jimmy deserves to be honoured so we can take our kids to future games and tell them about TFC's first captain.

I don't know about you guys. BUT I'd like to tell me kids about the first Championship we won and the Great Players that led us to that GLORY.

I'm Sure MLSE is proud that they've made Torontians set the bar SO LOW.

THA BUTCHA
04-16-2010, 04:45 PM
The number one issue with the wall of honour is that by placing Brennan there you have set the bar so low that any guys that leeds us to even mild success would be considered for this honour.

Yes I have a strange Deep seeded Hatred for Brennan...
But Its doesn't Matter who it was, I still wouldn't agree with it. (even Dicho)

ITS JUST PLAIN WRONG...

The WALL OF HONOUR should be reserved for Players that bring TRUE HONOUR to the club.

Ask yourself...

Do you really Feel that the TFC is an Honourable Club. One that carries a great reputation?

Is there any Player that has led us to the ultimate Victory?

Sally Mack
04-16-2010, 05:47 PM
What Brennan is that Dichio is not:

1. Canadian
2. Franchise’s first team captain
3. Team Canada captain (remember, this stadium isn’t just TFC’s)

Dichio will be next. Don’t get so bent out of shape over the whole thing.
Truthfully... brennan didn't do much in a tfc jersey to earn #2 and 3.

Not taking away anything, but since year 1 I believed Brennan was overrated and underperformed. Can't doubt his heart though. The guy was a warrior.

Just my opinion.

Toronto_Bhoy
04-16-2010, 10:28 PM

my $0.02

History is not built…it is made.

It is built when those in power deem it "to be so".

To speak of Jim Brennan and Darryl Sittler in the same sentence illustrates the stupidity of any argument of a "Wall of Honour"…honestly…please. Welcome to the world of "instant" gratification! What, Jimmy was retired 15 days!!! Darryl 15 years???

Paul, with all due respect…we get it…your in the "business of sport" and bonehead comments like the above validate that, they are business decisions not sporting decisions. Not unlike the position MLSE have on banners. We (the supporters) get it…if it fits the business plan…it's cool…if not…too bad…we control it. The Jimmy B show last night was appropriate only because it was a media/PR play…the first "honoured" TFC player is asked to retire after one game into the the season…let's throw him up on the wall??? How embarrassing for a great soldier of the club…"hang 'em up Jim…your not good enough. But press your suit…your going on The Wall". And you wonder why people in this market have such distain for MLSE?

This is the usual MLSE shite this city has become accustom to…look forward to honouring Edson Buddle on the assisting on the first TFC goal when the Galaxy play here…maybe Darcy Tucker can make the presentation.

Appropriate and justified?

This ownership group is so disconnected with the TFC supporter, it's absolutely unbelievable…

My 2 cents…

ensco
04-17-2010, 11:15 AM
This ownership group is so disconnected with the TFC supporter, it's absolutely unbelievable…

^Great rant.

I don't think they're disconnected at all. For instance, if you read this thread, there are supporters who like/love this Brennan wall thing (much as it pains me).

The problem is much bigger than MLSE. Nike believes that all it takes is the right ad/PR campaign, no matter how stupid and/or insipid, to change people's view of Tiger. And it'll probably work.

There's way too much "believing", and not enough "thinking for yourself", in the world. God save us all.

Mango Kid
04-17-2010, 12:16 PM
I found it pretty laughable that Brennan was honoured. For what, being the first signee/captain? It isn't like he led us to greatness or even mediocrity. If he's in, how is Dichio not?

Just strikes me that the bar is set pretty low there.

Mango Kid
04-17-2010, 12:20 PM

So regardless of who it was and how they performed, the fact they were the first and did it for three years makes it WoH worthy?

When do we honour Mo then?

spark
04-17-2010, 01:32 PM
History is not built…it is made.

AMEN

ArmenJBX
04-17-2010, 02:08 PM
I agree Brennan had great qualities and toughness. That cast he played with for two years is an enduring image.

But being first Canadian and first signing. Are these accomplishments or just accidents of history? Could have just as easily been Braz or Reda.

It could have been, but Braz and Reda were not as good as Brennan, did not play for this team as much as Brennan, did not give as much heart and determination as Brennan, and did not symbolize this club the same way as Brennan. Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda's aside, Brennan, for me, deserves this accolade, and the fact that there is debate on his worth is undeserved.

He was our first signing, first captain, first Canadian, and the only player to play in every one of our seasons, while scoring crucial, game winning goals, giving it his all, and most importantly, being a great symbol of our team. He totally deserves the spot in my eyes.

J .
04-17-2010, 02:11 PM
There wasnt even a proper unveiling.

Sad.

THA BUTCHA
04-17-2010, 02:19 PM
He was our first signing, first captain, first Canadian, and the only player to play in every one of our seasons, while scoring crucial, game winning goals, giving it his all, and most importantly, being a great symbol of our team. He totally deserves the spot in my eyes.

LOL!

netsan
04-17-2010, 03:18 PM
To be honest, neither Dichio nor Brennan are truly deserving of the Honour Wall. This is so forced. It's like putting up an "All Star Game Banner". I think that these players were really hard working and popular, but let's get real.

The Silver Plate looked really cheap... The red jersey looked odd...

ArmenJBX
04-17-2010, 03:37 PM
LOL!

Last home game of the season, we needed 3 points to be in playoff contention for the eventual 5-0 loss to Red Bulls. A lose that game and we were essentially out for good.

Who scored?

Jimmy Brennan. If a goal to keep your playoffs hope alive isn't crucial, I don't know what is.

ensco
04-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Protest!

I want to know when we are going to finally honour the first Canadian to score for TFC at BMO! It had better be soon!

ensco
04-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Was that Canizalez?

Very good.

Scuffed it in. Broke the 824 minute scoreless streak.

It certainly deserves a baseboard of honour, anyway.

Mango Kid
04-18-2010, 06:52 PM
Last home game of the season, we needed 3 points to be in playoff contention for the eventual 5-0 loss to Red Bulls. A lose that game and we were essentially out for good.

Who scored?

Jimmy Brennan. If a goal to keep your playoffs hope alive isn't crucial, I don't know what is.

I'd rate "not leading the team to the wrong end of a 5-0 blowout in the crucial playoff game" as being far more important.

H Bomb
04-20-2010, 12:37 PM
Its a nice idea but about a decade early. They call it the wall of excellence? I have seen no excellence. I love dd but dont want him up there. I want to look up there and remember our winners and great moments. Right now its just the wall of people we liked. It has no real value.

Whoop
04-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Agreed.

sully
04-25-2010, 06:47 PM
I think that Brennan being on the supposed "Wall of Honour" is garbage. He was an inconsistent player that won nothing for this club (No way I will include Canadian Championship) for this club and led it to three successive seasons of failure.