PDA

View Full Version : DeGuzman nails it!!!!

Ben.Salming
04-15-2010, 11:29 AM
While in Europe the focus is on ball possession and a more methodical attack up the field as every player knows where he should be and what his teammates are doing, in North America he said it’s more “back and forth and wild and hectic.

from here http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/torontofc/article/795437--tfc-s-de-guzman-experiencing-soccer-culture-shock

Until the style of play changes, TFC will be hopelessly horrible to watch.

Long balls, panic clearing, straight up field movement plus next to nil buildup and posession make TFC unwatchable.

They have some decent players, they have no patience.

I could care less if they win, but I will not watch highschool football.

For this reason, why would a player like DeGuzman stay?

Why would a player like DeGuzman come here, grass or no grass.

Dont give me the crap about MLS style of play. If thats the style TFC chooses to play, I will choose to not watch.

Parkdale
04-15-2010, 11:31 AM
so he's publicly critisizing the style of play that his coach is asking for? nope.
there's no way any coach with players like JDG and Dero on the team would push for 'hail marry' soccer

he says 'in north america' meaning ... 'in north america'.

Did he specifically say that TFC isn't going to try to work the ball up on the ground? Again, nope.

Krasno.pL.
04-15-2010, 11:32 AM
what was the first post?

flatpicker
04-15-2010, 11:32 AM
what happened to this thread?

I thought it was started by Börje Salming

edit... first post has reappeared... I think Parkdale has been up to his old tricks again.

JonO
04-15-2010, 11:34 AM
I love lamp

mastermixer
04-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Sipping on grandpas cough medicine a little early have we?

Carts
04-15-2010, 11:35 AM
from here http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/torontofc/article/795437--tfc-s-de-guzman-experiencing-soccer-culture-shock

Until the style of play changes, TFC will be hopelessly horrible to watch.

Long balls, panic clearing, straight up field movement plus next to nil buildup and posession make TFC unwatchable.

They have some decent players, they have no patience.

I could care less if they win, but I will not watch highschool football.

For this reason, why would a player like DeGuzman stay?

Why would a player like DeGuzman come here, grass or no grass.

Dont give me the crap about MLS style of play. If thats the style TFC chooses to play, I will choose to not watch.

He came here because we offered the most money...

He couldn't get a deal with a club high enough up the worldwide ladder for his liking, so he came home for a huge salary...

He'll stay b/c he'll be continued to be paid alot... However should a top club come along, he'll leave...

Now that he's here - as long as he's committed, perhaps he can been the catalyst & the midfield general to change that style of play...

Cronin himself has already said he's learning a ton from de Guzman...

Carts...

nfitz
04-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Am I the only one surprised his young family is still in Europe? There are exceptions of course, but that tends to be a huge indicator of long-term intent.

Roogsy
04-15-2010, 11:43 AM

So your choice to watch or even support a team depends on their style of play?

Parkdale
04-15-2010, 11:45 AM
edit... first post has reappeared... I think Parkdale has been up to his old tricks again.

I have nothing to do with anything

Gazza
04-15-2010, 11:46 AM
I wonder if Ben Salming will be sitting with Jonas Gustavsson tonight? Maybe they have connections with Ibrahimavic or Olof Mellberg. We'll take 'em both!

Dave67
04-15-2010, 11:46 AM
I have nothing to do with anything

He really does work for MLSE

Red Rat
04-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Am I the only one surprised his young family is still in Europe? There are exceptions of course, but that tends to be a huge indicator of long-term intent.

This caught my eye as well.... I wonder why.

rr

mmmikey
04-15-2010, 11:49 AM

here is a crazy thought. maybe his family actually likes living in europe better. it actually does happen....

denime
04-15-2010, 11:50 AM
Multiple thread, go to Today's news there is same article posted and being discussed.