PDA

View Full Version : Nigel Reed-It's fan-tastic to watch !

denime
06-19-2008, 06:09 AM
It's fan-tastic to watch

When it comes to job satisfaction I reckon mine is hard to beat. Who would have thought when I came to Canada four years ago I could make a living talking about soccer? At the time it didn’t even cross my mind.
I mean think about it – I actually get paid for covering a sport which was in my blood probably before I could string together a coherent sentence. I get the best seat in the house with arguably the most spectacular view from any broadcast booth in North America. I get fed and watered and I don’t have to fight the traffic to be at my desk at 9.00am sharp on Monday morning.
I am treated with respect by my co-workers in a friendly but professional atmosphere and I get to work with some of the best producers and directors in the business. The evolution of the game as a professional sport in Canada has been astounding and I am immensely proud and grateful for the opportunities that have come my way.
Truly, there is no downside to my working life. Well, alright there’s one – I can’t just be a fan. I’ve always firmly believed that to do my job you first have to be a fan. You have to feel what the fans feel to be able to relate to them and interpret the game in a way that complements the pictures rather than conflicts with them.

Read more (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/reed/2008/06/its_fantastic_to_watch.html)

Eastend
06-19-2008, 07:02 AM
Very nice read.

Phil
06-19-2008, 07:18 AM
He must have been in the prawny section - he left his seat before the goal went in. LOL

egoodwin
06-19-2008, 09:27 AM
west stand eh... sounds like somewhere around 126/127/226/227... couldn't be 127, if he was in 127 we'd have seen him

or in those luxury boxes probably...

CoachGT
06-19-2008, 10:16 AM
Very good read!

Detroit_TFC
06-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Excellent stuff, it lifted my spirits during an otherwise tough day.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-19-2008, 11:45 AM
My comment left to nigel was..Great Stuff nigel!!..Im still holding you too having The Soccer Show Live on location at the home of the redpatchboys Shoeless JOe's!!!

Wouldnt that be awsom!

I discussed with him last season at joes.....His face lit up with the thoughts of it!! :)

Technorgasm
06-19-2008, 11:47 AM
WALK ON NIGEL!

So glad we dont have to listen tothe ramblings (during play I might add) of SHEP MESSING of NYRB. . .

Oldtimer
06-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Love having a real fan as a play-by-play announcer...

Raging Reggie
06-19-2008, 12:17 PM
gotta love nigel reed, hes classic.

on his voice profile website he pitches his voice as:
"Most British regional accents - from London cockney, through rustic Cornishman, to Yorkshire farmer, plus Python-esque "female" characters. Can also deliver credible North American and Australian dialects"

I think someone has to convince him to do a whole TFC game in a python-esque female voice.

t.o_moose
06-19-2008, 01:20 PM
we gotta find out the next time Sportsnet's doing a weekend game, and bring Nigel into the southend :)