PDA

View Full Version : FA cup tourney for Canada?

deeznutz
04-14-2010, 08:12 PM
I dont know if this has been talked about but is there any word on something like this going on or in the works? A FA cup Candian style with lower teir teams?

TFCRegina
04-14-2010, 08:16 PM
I believe the CSL is pushing to be included in the Voyageur's Cup...but that's just rumour, and I'm not one hundred percent sure.

Lennon
04-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Really hope that happens ...
We'll finally be able to bring out the flares vs. Toronto Croatia away at Lamport ...

deeznutz
04-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Really hope that happens ...
We'll finally be able to bring out the flares vs. Toronto Croatia away at Lamport ...

lol.....

CretanBull
04-14-2010, 08:25 PM
I'd love to see this happen! Do it in true FA Cup style and let anyone enter a team in the Cup.

TFCUNITED
04-14-2010, 09:48 PM
The CSL wants to have their winner enter the tournament but I have heard that a little while back. They will probably be making some changes to the format of the tournament when FC Edmonton plays next year.

Cashcleaner
04-14-2010, 10:37 PM
^ I've heard it as well, and honestly, it does sound like a pretty good idea. My only concern is that we don't have too many teams playing in the competition as the MLS regular season already takes us from March to November and not a lot of spare time in between to play non-league matches.

maninb
04-15-2010, 09:38 AM
^ I've heard it as well, and honestly, it does sound like a pretty good idea. My only concern is that we don't have too many teams playing in the competition as the MLS regular season already takes us from March to November and not a lot of spare time in between to play non-league matches.

just get rid of the 2 idiotic friendlies in June/July and we'd be fine...Love to see 8 teams going for the Canuck Championship....