PDA

View Full Version : The Yellow Card/red Card Program

SuperTCP
04-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Toronto FC has implemented a new policy in an attempt to promote responsible fan behavior to ensure all fans have a safe and enjoyable game day experience. To learn more about the new Yellow Card/Red Card Program please http://www.torontofc.ca/supporters/code-of-conduct

- this will be a damper on fan support in certain sections

Shaughno
04-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Bollocks.

Nodoubtguy
sitting in a location other than the guest’s ticket seat

hmmmm.....so will that be enforced in 112??

SuperTCP
But this may be one advantage of the system:

"Should a second breach of the Code be committed within the same season, the TFC Subscriber in question may, at the discretion of TFC officials, be issued a “RED CARD”, written to the TFC Subscriber, revoking its season ticket or partial pack privileges, without refund. "

Therefore waiting listers should all purchase tickets from scalpers, get f-ing hammered, and do everything in our power to get a red card. :)

flatpicker
These rules really aren't new.

But giving them a clever name allows the team to remind fans of what is acceptable.

Shaughno
04-14-2010, 01:28 PM

"Should a second breach of the Code be committed within the same season, the TFC Subscriber in question may, at the discretion of TFC officials, be issued a “RED CARD”, written to the TFC Subscriber, revoking its season ticket or partial pack privileges, without refund. "

Therefore waiting listers should all purchase tickets from scalpers, get f-ing hammered, and do everything in our power to get a red card. :)

:rofl: Brilliant!

SuperTCP
04-14-2010, 01:28 PM

If they know what is best for the team, they should exlude the supporters sections.

Hitcho
04-14-2010, 01:30 PM
TFC site now blocked at work - nightmare. Can someone post the juicy bits in the thread?

Don't see how they could enforce the ticket-seat thing, because if you have a printed copy of an e-mailed ticket how can they possibly say who should have it and who should not?

What else is in there?

EDIT - haha, that's a brilliant plan to have scalper seats revoked. Just commit steady but minor breaches of the ticket policy so that the tickets are revoked but the supporter is not personally banned, especially if it's a different person taking the tickets each week.

Parkdale
04-14-2010, 01:31 PM
pffft. I got into a staring match with assistant coach Leo Percovich yesterday, and if that doesn't scare me, then some user with a piece of cardboard doesn't either.

then again, I think it's all the same rules as last season. I'm sure that they will treat 112 like they always have.

flatpicker
04-14-2010, 01:32 PM

:rofl: Brilliant!

Unless of course they check our ID and ban us along with the owner of the tickets.

But perhaps it's worth a try.

All you non STH's... start buying scalper tickets... and turn BMO into a den of drunken debauchery and hooliganism!

Belfast_Boy
04-14-2010, 01:35 PM

http://i.zdnet.com/blogs/CoyoteGenius.gif

Suds
04-14-2010, 01:36 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00239/redcard_239835t.jpg

rocker
04-14-2010, 01:39 PM
pffft. I got into a staring match with assistant coach Leo Percovich yesterday,

what were you doing to draw the ire of Lay-oh?

SuperTCP
04-14-2010, 01:44 PM
pffft. I got into a staring match with assistant coach Leo Percovich yesterday, and if that doesn't scare me, then some user with a piece of cardboard doesn't either.

then again, I think it's all the same rules as last season. I'm sure that they will treat 112 like they always have.

Funny, I got into arugment with Garcia yesterday.

J .
04-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Lol then 112/113 wont be the crowded mess it is.

I wish they would do away with the seats and put in bleachers....

AL-MO
04-14-2010, 01:47 PM
:lol:

If this was the case last year I probably would have got a handful of yellow cards.

Kevvv
04-14-2010, 01:48 PM
^ One match ban for accumulation

Section 117
04-14-2010, 01:54 PM
I should have been banned pretty much at couple of times per year.

I wonder if we can get Nick Garcia banned???

Parkdale
04-14-2010, 01:54 PM
what were you doing to draw the ire of Lay-oh?

he was waiting outside lamport - I was wearing a tfc sweater.

I felt like giving him a piece of my mind (like Almo would have done) after the Boston game, but figured an angry stare would say just as much.

Joe Kool
04-14-2010, 01:56 PM
The problem I have is that we are still responsible and will get the card when anyone else uses our seats and gets out of line. I sell tickets to RPB's and others. That part is bull. It should only apply to the person that is doing the act. What happens with donations to charity or through TicketExchange? Are we still responsible for the seats then? If not, what is the difference? I don't sell many tickets and attend most games so not really worried for me but I still think I could get burned at some point for one bad apple that ends up in my seat.

TFC OZZ
04-14-2010, 02:02 PM
I have to strongly agree with the post above. I have two seats in 117 in addition to my 2 in Section 123 that I occasionally give to charities when members of my family can't attend. It should definitely apply only to the peson committing the act, not the season seat holder (assuming they're different).

Parkdale
04-14-2010, 02:05 PM
The problem I have is that we are still responsible and will get the card when anyone else uses our seats and gets out of line. I sell tickets to RPB's and others. That part is bull. It should only apply to the person that is doing the act. What happens with donations to charity or through TicketExchange? Are we still responsible for the seats then? If not, what is the difference? I don't sell many tickets and attend most games so not really worried for me but I still think I could get burned at some point for one bad apple that ends up in my seat.

I'm sure that there's a review policy.

You aren't about to get banned from BMO without at least a chance to represent yourself, especially if they have someone else in trouble for causing shit.

Shaughno
04-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Unless of course they check our ID and ban us along with the owner of the tickets.

All you non STH's... start buying scalper tickets... and turn BMO into a den of drunken debauchery and hooliganism!

Easy peasy... don't bring ID! :lol:

Greg
04-14-2010, 02:10 PM
Would also have to agree about the case when someone else is using your tickets.

When you can't make a game and sell it on RPB forums or through the TicketExchange you have 0 control over how those people will behave.

In this case you stand to lose lots of money and your STH just because some idiot that bought your tickets on TicketExchange decided to get drunk and get into a fight???

drewski
04-14-2010, 02:13 PM

just don't take ID :)

scalper's are screwed

flatpicker
04-14-2010, 02:17 PM

And just say, "My name is Parkdale".

Parkdale
04-14-2010, 02:20 PM
Would also have to agree about the case when someone else is using your tickets.

When you can't make a game and sell it on RPB forums or through the TicketExchange you have 0 control over how those people will behave.

In this case you stand to lose lots of money and your STH just because some idiot that bought your tickets on TicketExchange decided to get drunk and get into a fight???

again, if you think that the club will revoke your tickets for actions someone else did in that seat, you're kidding yourself. besides, it's a two-strike policy so you'd have to sell to the same idiot twice, or two idiots separately.

keep in mind, that if someone does something really stupid like start a fight, or light a flare, they will be arrested and their name will be recorded. Yes it's your seat, but they aren't going to remove your seats without talking to you first.

unless your name is parkdale.

and yes, I know that in the 'letter of the law' they can take your seats away if someone else uses them, but they will still talk to you first, and if there's no connection beyond craigslist or an internet sale, they won't punish you for a strangers actions.

brad
04-14-2010, 02:21 PM

They have said in the past infractions for tickets sold on the Exchange will not reflect on the STH.

For those, they have official record that you sold your ticket. You did it to a stranger, through official channels. They aren't going to revoke your seasons if that person gets booted.

brad
04-14-2010, 02:23 PM
The thing that I find ironic is that MLSE will happily sell you overpriced beer after overpriced beer to get you intoxicated, but will readily ban you for being intoxicated.

I would imagine that the servers are supposed to make the call on whether or not to serve, but they don't.

Gixmo
04-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Just to stir the pot TFC Subscribers are reminded that they are responsible for the behaviour of anyone using their tickets whether or not they are present at the event for which the tickets are issued. This means that a failure on the part of your guest or other persons using your seats to abide by the Code will be attributed to you and you may bear the consequences of this failure by receiving a Yellow or Red Card (as applicable) under the Program. It's bolded online.. Take it for what it's worth, I can see there being a dispute/review process to say the least

Dave67
04-14-2010, 02:26 PM
1. Don't bring ID
2. Tear up ticket after you get to the seat
3. Tell them your name is Parkdale

Friday morning post game stadium summary. 134 people named Parkdale were evicted from the stadium due to drunken rowdy behaviour. Sounds easy enough.

Oldtimer
04-14-2010, 02:34 PM

Then you can't buy any of these: :drinking:

AL-MO
04-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Then you can't buy any of these: :drinking:

Solution: Drink before OT.

:D

Gixmo
04-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Do we need brews to fuel our desire?

TFC Cityboy
Do we have the same security people as last season? The guys in/around 115 were excellent.

Kevvv
The thing that I find ironic is that MLSE will happily sell you overpriced beer after overpriced beer to get you intoxicated, but will readily ban you for being intoxicated.

I would imagine that the servers are supposed to make the call on whether or not to serve, but they don't.

They could ban you for it, and as they point out it's against the law here. They could also face a license suspension for not taking action, as could any licensed establishment here.

Incidentally, their beer is a bargain compared to the pop: they sell draught for about 4 times what the LCBO charges, whereas pop is 6 or 8 times more than the supermarket.

nfitz
04-14-2010, 03:07 PM
sitting in a location other than the guest’s ticket seat hmmmm.....so will that be enforced in 112??Does it matter if they do? I seldom see anyone sitting in 112; they all seem to stand.

Note that they didn't say anything about standing in the wrong location ... just sitting.

neuf
04-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Great fucking idea. My friend got kicked out last year for "smoking", even though he doesn't smoke. Bullshit.

GlenM
04-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Mahn, unreal...

I mean come on man, isn't that what the Security job is suppose to be just enforce and deal instead of this crap?

What next...People dressed up in refs uniforms at Leafs games blowing a whistle and say 2 min for swearing?

I believe in order etc... but this is frek lame...

GlenM

McBrace
04-14-2010, 03:34 PM
^^ And then you have the security person abusing power... Then what? Its your word against his/hers...

Shaughno
04-14-2010, 03:47 PM
you know that all to well LOL

McBrace
04-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Yes I do... It was nice going to the games while it lasted...I feel like I'm already on parol as it is FFS...

Mark in Ottawa
04-14-2010, 04:20 PM
It says "sitting in a location other than the guest’s ticket seat"
but we stand at the top of 110 so I guess the 75 Mile Bastards are Ok :D

Pookie
04-14-2010, 08:13 PM
I don't mind it. Common sense says they won't tackle all of this (ie. streamers on a corner) but by having a policy at least you know the potential outcomes if they choose to nail you for throwing coins, flares, batteries or beer.

I just wish they would have added "if you choose to break the Ticket Scalping Law"...

Parkdale
04-14-2010, 08:28 PM
I just wish they would have added "if you choose to break the Ticket Scalping Law"...

that's one rule that 'Parkdale' wont be found breaking tomorrow.

I have a new home, right in the crux of 112, and I'm not selling it for anything!!

ricciboy
04-15-2010, 03:45 PM

i hope not