PDA

View Full Version : Which TFC player has had the most impact or who will impact the future?

Belfast_Boy
04-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Getting a bit tired of all the negative stuff and thought we need something positive.
so who's the best we've had or who is good and will be great? Is it a guy like Danny that scored our first goal? The same Danny that was and still is a class act? Or do you look at the young guys like Nana and think of how good he is and how good he'll become?

Chevy
04-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Like it or not the best we have/had is JDG. However when we look back at this team in 10 years, I think that Sanyang will turn out to be the most accomplished TFC player.

Belfast_Boy
04-14-2010, 12:36 PM
I can't wait to see how Sanyang and Nana mature.

jloome
04-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Of the guys we still have, I'd say Sanyang. I think Nana has great potential but his character seems so reserved that I'm not sure the competitiveness is there.

Labrocca is a hugely underrated player, and so atypical in size and skill compared to the roles he's had, that I can see him having a very quiet career even though (much like Hunter Freeman) he could easily make it in Europe.

The guy we passed on that bothered me most, with the most potential, was Hunter West, who's no longer in football. He lit it up in high school, he lit it up in university, he lit it up in our preseason....and then we cut him, and apparently his career ended (if Google is to be believed.)

JonO
04-14-2010, 01:00 PM
Of the guys we still have, I'd say Sanyang. I think Nana has great potential but his character seems so reserved that I'm not sure the competitiveness is there.
I really don't think there is a correlation between being reserved and being competitive, especially being competitive on the pitch

jloome
04-14-2010, 01:04 PM
I really don't think there is a correlation between being reserved and being competitive, especially being competitive on the pitch

Maybe. But after two seasons in the backline, there's a reason he's still not seen as a potential "backline leader", and it's not his skill. It might not be his fight either, but that's the impression that's left by being so reserved.

It's probably also why he didn't break into the team until injury necessitated his presence. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, right or wrong.

Belfast_Boy
04-14-2010, 01:12 PM
i don't think he'll be a leader on the back line but i do think he's competitive.

Wull
04-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Cronin, given a few years I think he'll be the player jdg should be for us right now

Stiggy
04-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Nana, as a canadian with a good potential, he doesn't just solidify the backline, but he's young and can provide local kids and academy players as something to strive for. If it does occur, his influence will be beyond just his skills on the field.