PDA

View Full Version : Which new signing wil have the most impact?

J .
04-14-2010, 08:40 AM
Which of the new players we have signed will have the most impact on the team, good or bad?

Im thinking LaBrocca will be a solid influence in the centre of the park. He played well for the most part against the NER. He is showing creativity in tandem with DeRo and hopefully is able to do the same with JDG. He gets forward and seems to be a tireless worker. LaBrocca did not appear to be afraid to get into challenges.

My expectations from him is to help control the pace of the match, get the ball into attacking positions for guys like DeRo, Barrett, OBW to score. I'd like him to have a good year in the assist column, especially if Preki is going to use him in an attacking role with DeRo playing wide. DeRo will draw defenders to the flanks and hopefully LaBrocca can play the ball through for Barrett or OBW to run onto with pace.

Pachuco
04-14-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm gonna go with Labrocca. Seems like he's got the most MLS experience and I really like his skill on the ball. He was kind of invisible last game but I'm also not sure he was played in the right position. I think he'll have a bigger impact the rest of the season.

Whoop
04-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Labrocca.

trane
04-14-2010, 10:40 AM
The russain backs, I HOPE.

Gazza
04-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Labrocca seems like the real deal as far as mls players go, i've really liked what i've seen from him so far. Not expecting much from the russian and latvian, but if they start and go unnoticed all game, then i will be happy!

Whoop
04-14-2010, 10:43 AM
I hope the Russian and Latvian have the most positive impact though.

tfc2007
04-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Cann as well. I think he will be solid on that back line, and hes a bigger and taller guy, able to fight for crosses, defensivly and hopefully offensivly as well.

trane
04-14-2010, 10:47 AM
^ I said russians, I should have said russian and latvian. Sorry for my imperilistic/communist tendencies.

J .
04-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Ideally, Cann, the Russian and Latvian guy will all have a huge impact on the backline. But defending is all about familiarity, trust and experience. These guys have none of that together or in the league. I can see Cann becoming a whipping boy, but hopefully he will pair with Attakora nicely and the Usanov/Hscanovics Skonto FC connection works for them.

Preki has a lot to mould if they are to be successul there.

Daveisonfire
04-14-2010, 10:55 AM
This thread needs a poll :D

madcow
04-14-2010, 11:06 AM
I would like to say the guys from Skonto Riga as we desparately need to strengthen our back line but according to the "Arrietta Revisits BMO Haunt" news article today they are from their reserve team and am now unsure of what to expect. But I hope for the best and solid efforts on the entire teams part.

J .
04-14-2010, 11:07 AM
This thread needs a poll :D

I clicked submit before doing it.

Post fail.

Vecchia Guardia
04-14-2010, 11:07 AM
fuad

FOGES
04-14-2010, 11:24 AM
^^^???

labrocca looks solid. obviously its hard to say at this point but i get the feeling that jacob peterson could be a significant factor for the team this year. i'm looking forward to seeing him when he's healthy

Belfast_Boy
04-14-2010, 11:29 AM
I hope one of the defenders has an impact. we need a lot of help there.
not sure about change in the mid. seems like we're a bit overloaded there. maybe overloaded isn't the right word but most of our talent is in the mid.
think we need the most improvement up front. i don't think it's right for a mid fielder to be our top scorer.

mmmikey
04-14-2010, 12:02 PM
i'm HOPING Cann has the greatest impact... more realistically i expect Labrocca to make an impact. Although, how much of an impact can he make given that it would possibly mean a reduction in Cronin's role since Saric seems to have the edge in Preki's depth chart. Again, crowded midfield really complicates this.

Kevvv
04-14-2010, 12:13 PM
I'd like to see them bring Piquionne over :D

Damien
04-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Labrocca's only 25, has a football brain and is healthy.

jloome
04-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Labrocca and Peterson both will be big for us, if the latter stays healthy.

Saric is seriously overrated by the team, based on statements about him from preseason and camp. He's a battler, which they like, but his positional sense is poor and he's a one-way player.

He's changed clubs almost every year for his entire career; anyone know if he's on a guaranteed deal?

If he is, once he's punted from the first team we can look forward to the injury-based contract buyout before he moves on to next year's team. Good work ethic, not much upstairs, no consistency.

poppamidnight
04-14-2010, 07:04 PM
Broccoli F'n Blows!!!

Me and the Old man were ragging on how ridiculous it was to trade Wynne for that guy... His control is just downright awful, and WTF WHERE THOSE CORNERS????

I kicked better inbounds when I was 10... WTF was this guy doing! I honestly can't believe people are saying this guy looks promising!

Raivis Hščanovičs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raivis_H%C5%A1%C4%8Danovi%C4%8Ds), hands down, looks the most promising.
Anyone saying otherwise, was either completely tanked/disoriented while watching the match, or just doesn't understand the game....

He made 1 mistake the entire game... And saved at least 4-5 chances that with our old backline would have given up a scoring chance...

we now have 50% of a backline... Lets home Usanov + Cann can make it 4/4

ArmenJBX
04-14-2010, 07:10 PM
1. Nick LaBrocca
2. Martin Saric
3. Raivis Hscanovic
4. Dan Gargan
5. Jacob Peterson
6. Ty Harden
7. Maksim Usanov
8. Jon Conway
9. Milos Kocic
10. Adrian Cann
11. Nane Joseph

In that order, and I put Saric at second because he will have a stellar year for us. How do I know this.

Because :D

profit89
04-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Broccoli F'n Blows!!!

Me and the Old man were ragging on how ridiculous it was to trade Wynne for that guy... His control is just downright awful, and WTF WHERE THOSE CORNERS????

I kicked better inbounds when I was 10... WTF was this guy doing! I honestly can't believe people are saying this guy looks promising!

He's terrible. Not impressed with Gargan or Harden either. All 3 terrible.

NewcastleFan
04-14-2010, 07:41 PM
the latvian guy seems pretty promising, considering he was thrown into the starting lineup before he had a real chance to train with the team

scooterTFC
04-14-2010, 08:06 PM
The expectations for each player should be different. The guys coming from other MLS teams should fit in pretty quickly and start playing up to their potential (whatever it may be) in a short amount of time.

The guys coming from oversees will need more time to adjust to living here, our language, MLS style of play, officiating and local training methods etc. No matter the league, its generally accepted that newly acquired foreign players will need a little extra time to settle in and play to their potential (there are exceptional players that hit the ground running, but that’s not the norm ). Because of the challenges/adjustments mentioned foreign acquisitions have to be considered a little riskier then in-league or domestic player signings.

For that reason I think its too early to predict and compare potential contributions of the recent signings.

Fushida
04-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Broccoli F'n Blows!!!

Raivis Hščanovičs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raivis_H%C5%A1%C4%8Danovi%C4%8Ds), hands down, looks the most promising.
Anyone saying otherwise, was either completely tanked/disoriented while watching the match, or just doesn't understand the game....

He made 1 mistake the entire game... And saved at least 4-5 chances that with our old backline would have given up a scoring chance...

we now have 50% of a backline... Lets home Usanov + Cann can make it 4/4

Psst... you better not watch the rest of this team then... I don't think our players are gonna be known for their ball control and first touches :picard:

shaggingscot
04-14-2010, 08:09 PM
The groundskeeper

poppamidnight
04-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Psst... you better not watch the rest of this team then... I don't think our players are gonna be known for their ball control and first touches :picard:

Ohh, No, I'm not doubting that in any way (with the exception of JDG, and to a lesser degree DeRo)...

But this guy was awful
We've had handfuls of these guys before... Not one having an impact, and I expect the exact same thing from my vegetable friend.

Back end is where our biggest problem is, hence, the biggest impact will be found there...

Broccoli will be a sub... He's not starter quality.
I'd rate him just slightly above Ricketts (who'd be a bench player, seeing the odd minute)...

...definitely not "impact"