View Full Version : Pires has an offer from someone in MLS

nimamalek
04-13-2010, 06:28 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/content/exclusive-pir%C3%A8s-talks-mls-club

long shot but I didnt think we could get JDG

ArmenJBX
04-13-2010, 06:31 PM
It's gotta be us.

I, JimmyBaldX, signed Robert Pires in my FIFA 10 manager mode months ago. Now this rumour surfaces.

About 50% of the players I sign in the game become a reality. I expect Pires to have to same odds. It's 50% us, and 50% any other team. Let me be honest though, it's most likely us. :D

Nodoubtguy
04-13-2010, 06:31 PM
hmmmm.......do they have kool aid in France?

ANTZ
04-13-2010, 06:45 PM
well it says he will not play for New York, L.A already have landycakes and Becks, my guess would be Seatlle, not sure if he played with Ljungberg at Arsenal from 2000-2006 they are looking for 2nd DP!! Guess What Mo we need 2nd DP too, get him here!!!

DichioTFC
04-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Philly? New team, get the fanbase to rally behind a star, I heard their payroll is lower than others... Possibility there?

Dirk Diggler
04-13-2010, 06:53 PM
What about Chicago? Don't think we can discount their interest in signing a new DP.

Pookie
04-13-2010, 07:45 PM
apparently it is rumoured to be Philly:

http://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/ofbreves_-Pires-tente-par-la-MLS_toutes-278147_filInfosport.Htm

Pires tenté par la MLS

En fin de contrat à Villarreal, Robert Pires, 36 ans, ne semble pas encore prêt à raccrocher les crampons et réfléchit du coup à son avenir. Interrogé dans l'édition de ce mardi de France Football, l'ancien international ne cache pas son intérêt pour la Major Soccer League, le championnat américain: "La MLS, je suis tenté. A chaque fois qu'on m'a posé la question, j'ai dit oui. Pour moi, c'est LE Championnat à découvrir, celui qui est en train de grandir. Et puis aller en MLS, c'est un peu la concrétisation du rêve américain grâce au foot, qui commence à prendre sa place dans ce pays. J'ai envie de découvrir une autre culture." Selon le bi-hebdomadaire, l'ancien Messin serait en contacts avancés avec la nouvelle franchise de Philadelphia Union.

billyfly
04-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Tell that half-Portugueser to come to Toronto. Dundas and College will treat him good.

Baggio2TFC
04-13-2010, 08:06 PM
Hope to God it is not us! Who the F&*k are the mids gonna give the ball too FFS!!!

Fushida
04-13-2010, 08:15 PM
Hope to God it is not us! Who the F&*k are the mids gonna give the ball too FFS!!!

Well right now... O'Brien White and an unfit Barrett :flare:

I know he's probably not coming to us, but he's a better option than what we have right? ;)

Macksam
04-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Tell that half-Portugueser to come to Toronto. Dundas and College will treat him good.
Except nobody knows he's half Portuguese and half Spanish. He will only be dubbed as being a former member of the French national team.

Anyhow, I would love to see this happen. This guy, and Overmars, use to be my favourite players back when those two still mattered.

Pearce321
04-13-2010, 08:50 PM
It's gotta be us.

I, JimmyBaldX, signed Robert Pires in my FIFA 10 manager mode months ago. Now this rumour surfaces.

About 50% of the players I sign in the game become a reality. I expect Pires to have to same odds. It's 50% us, and 50% any other team. Let me be honest though, it's most likely us. :D

I played football manager 2010 and won MLS Cup and CONCOCAF Champions League with TFC... i guess that means I have a 50% chance of replacing Mo. :)

Whoop
04-13-2010, 08:54 PM
^^
Pearce, I'd probably take you over Mo.

Don Julio
04-13-2010, 08:57 PM
The portuguese would claim him as their own. His names ends in an 's'. That's enough.

jloome
04-14-2010, 12:29 AM
Had a decent nose for goal when he was younger, might be worth a crack, if he'd take the low money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonaventure_Kalou

maninb
04-14-2010, 07:57 AM
Yeah just what we need...an aging over-priced midfielder....Mo would be INSANE to take him....but then again we know only too well how Mo acts...