PDA

View Full Version : Season Overhaul

tfc2007
04-13-2010, 03:54 PM
My question is was the player overhaul that still seems to be an ongoing process, was it really needed?.. I posted this in another thread about an All time TFC starting 11.
-----------------------------------Barret-----------------------------------
----------------------De Ro------------------Guevara---------------------
------------? ------------Robbo----JDG------------------Cronin----------
----------------Brennan-----------Attakora------Wynn--------------------
-------------------------------------Frei-----------------------------------------

Okay, I had trouble filling one spot. But I did not change your original that much, and it is what could've been this year. We really did not need the major overhaul we went through IMO. that doesnt look like a bad starting 11 to me. Offensive top 3, defensive minded back 7, with Cronin husseling down the wing, along with the left wide mid player. Robbo and JDG laying in smart passes to the top 3, or to the sides for the wide players to cross in.

All off these players were with the team before the saeason ended and I really dont think that 10 of 11 is that bad. Of course evey season you have to do minor tweeking with the team. But was a full over haul really needed?

On this starting 11, what I would want is an actually CB and then Wynn could become a depth player. Also a player for that LM spot needs to be filled, along with another player to add some depth. Than lastly up front, we have barret and white, so add a better striker, and barret and white are used for depth, and used for switch in formation... maybe playing 2 up front.

tfc2007
04-13-2010, 04:01 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=21635

that was the original thread. about All time starting 11's.

Azerban
04-13-2010, 04:03 PM
How much does that lineup cost, though?

J .
04-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Brennan was a step slow last year, as was Robinson and Wynne was out of position and only his speed made up for that fact but he couldn't put in a cross.

Barrett cannot be a lone striker, hes not a 15-20 goal guy, more of a 7-10 goal guy.

------------------Frei

Usanov---Attakora---Cann---The Latvian Guy

DeRo-------JDG----Saric-------Nane/Gala

-------------LaBrocca

-----------Barrett/OBW

I dont know, I do not mind that lineup....I think its a playoff team, but alas it depends on how well the back four and central mids co-ordinate themselves.

Super
04-13-2010, 04:05 PM
How much does that lineup cost, though?

I'm thinking the same thing. Probably only possible with allocation money - and of course that's what Mo blew last year.

DichioTFC
04-13-2010, 04:06 PM
And the personality of that lineup didn't match what Preki wanted. Like it or not, a lot of people asked for a roster overhaul after the NYRB game last year.

tfc2007
04-13-2010, 04:09 PM
I am not sure of the cost, but they were all under contract last year so it should not be that bad. Vitti being gone opens up cap space... basically my point was they didnt need a FULLL overhaul like we've gotten. Missed the playoffs by a point. We were almost there with the squad, a few changes and I think this year wouldnt look as much like a rebuild.