PDA

View Full Version : Mo wants just 1 player for McBride

Damien
06-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Did anyone catch that on GolTV tonite?

He said that Klopas was blowin smoke up the media's ass by saying TFC wants a number of players. Mo just wants 1 guy but didn't say who.

Any guesses?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-18-2008, 09:42 PM
just seen it on FOX SPORTS!

Johnston....just reported on FSC...that the reports that he wants 2-3 players for mcbride..are bullshite!....he says he dosent want to disrupt his squad with 2-3 players...all he wants from the fire is ONE PLAYER!

HANG TOUGh MO! :)

djking2
06-18-2008, 09:42 PM
yeah Nyarko

werewolf
06-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Blanco!

nevermind, I wouldn't want him.

zamperina
06-18-2008, 09:44 PM
I remember Justin Mapp being mentioned by Shitcago's FO

Damien
Barrett is my guess.

TFCtorcida
Chicago is just delaying and speading lies so that MLS will interfear and give them mccbride for nothing

werewolf
06-18-2008, 09:45 PM
if its only 1 player, Mo is doing them a favour, Klopas is a wanker.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Chicago sports media are having a tough time....the Fire,Cubs, sox, Bears,Bulls,Blackhawks are all shite they need to make something up to fire up the fans.

Damien
06-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Klopas: "BOO FRICKTY HOO, I WANT McBride FOR NEXT TO NOTHING! WAAAA"

icecoldbeer
06-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Chicago sports media are having a tough time....the Fire,Cubs, sox, Bears,Bulls,Blackhawks are all shite they need to make something up to fire up the fans.

zing??

noochie
06-18-2008, 09:48 PM
I think its Rolfe

LucaGol
06-18-2008, 09:50 PM
I think its Rolfe

Just about to post this...it has to be Chris Rolfe.

He would add a lot to our team imo.

I think Chicago have to make this trade here....honestly...it's a number's game...if they get McBride...they'll have Barrett, McBride, Thorrington and Blanco at forward...plus Nyarko and Frankowski.

Chris Rolfe is not a bench player...he's a borderline all-star in this league...if not an all-star.

Make the trade Klopas already....you're handcuffed.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-18-2008, 10:01 PM
zing??

bad pun i know..!!:D

Nuvinho
06-18-2008, 10:02 PM
Soumare (sp?)........he seems like someone who MO would want, and someone who Chicago would not want to give up.

Northern Soul
06-18-2008, 10:07 PM
I also think it's Rolfe. If that happens, I can also see Cunny on his way out. Cunny, say hello to San Jose!

Damien
06-18-2008, 10:10 PM
I also think it's Rolfe. If that happens, I can also see Cunny on his way out. Cunny, say hello to San Jose!

LOL i would laugh if that happened. All San Jose would need is Andy Welsh and Collin Samuel to complete the team!

ThunderBaby
06-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Just about to post this...it has to be Chris Rolfe.

He would add a lot to our team imo.

I think Chicago have to make this trade here....honestly...it's a number's game...if they get McBride...they'll have Barrett, McBride, Thorrington and Blanco at forward...plus Nyarko and Frankowski.

Chris Rolfe is not a bench player...he's a borderline all-star in this league...if not an all-star.

Make the trade Klopas already....you're handcuffed.

My thoughts as well.

Fernandinho
06-18-2008, 10:13 PM
i just hope cunny can score # 100 and we all can witness it, than he can leave

shaggingscot
06-18-2008, 10:17 PM
i just hope cunny can score # 100 and we all can witness it, than he can leave

I'd rather he score it with another team, he's a petulant self centered cunt!

Don Julio
06-18-2008, 10:22 PM

I'm not a big follower of baseball but I think you might be misinformed about the Cubs.

Fernandinho
06-18-2008, 10:26 PM
well lets put it this way about the cubs, they do field a good team, but if you dont know go and check the last time they have won a world series

S_D
06-18-2008, 10:36 PM
I have a feeling that Chicago is gonna give into the demand. According to a report by shep Messing (from BS)

Shep Messing just said Toronto has been asking for Chris Rolfe, Justin Mapp, and Logan Pause. Chicago, of course, laughed their asses off.

Perhaps preparing the Fire fans for the trade in the media. They are making it sound that TFC is asking for the world, and they talk Mo down to just Rolfe.

noochie
06-18-2008, 10:40 PM
I have a feeling that Chicago is gonna give into the demand. According to a report by shep Messing (from BS)

Perhaps preparing the Fire fans for the trade in the media. They are making it sound that TFC is asking for the world, and they talk Mo down to just Rolfe.

Messing has no inside info, he is waving the flag again. He is so pro-America that this shouldn't come as a surprise that he would sink to this depth to villianize the leagues only Canadian team. He takes every opportunity to ridicule TFC. Add to the fact that we are dealing with the golden boy of MLS / American soccer in McBride and all the more reason.

If Messing asked me for the time, I would punch him in the mouth.

TFC OZZ
06-18-2008, 10:42 PM

please, please don't start

TFC OZZ
06-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Messing has no inside info, he is waving the flag again. He is so pro-America that this shouldn't come as a surprise that he would sink to this depth to villianize the leagues only Canadian team. He takes every opportunity to ridicule TFC. Add to the fact that we are dealing with the golden boy of MLS / American soccer in McBride and all the more reason.

If Messing asked me for the time, I would punch him in the mouth.

Umm, are you fucking kidding me? Shep Messing loves Canada, and TFC. He's just honest when they play like shit. He has mentioned MULTIPLE times on extra time how much he enjoys TFC fans and the atmosphere they bring to MLS.

noochie
06-18-2008, 10:46 PM
Umm, are you fucking kidding me? Shep Messing loves Canada, and TFC. He's just honest when they play like shit. He has mentioned MULTIPLE times on extra time how much he enjoys TFC fans and the atmosphere they bring to MLS.

Liking the fans and players vs. liking the club are two completely seperate things. Not even liking... simply being objective about the organization and front office would be a good start. In retrospect making is a Canadian vs. US thing wasn't the best approach perhaps however Shep Messing is not an objective analyst as has been reported on many occasions. Overall, I think you missed my point.

DigzTFC!
06-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Shepp doesn't know anything. He's not an insider beyond what Lalas reads on the message boards.

Here's the rationale: Mo wants Rolfe and 1st round and allocation

To afford McBride, the Fire will have to sell Barrett who also plays the same role. That leaves Herron, Carr and Frankowski as the other striker. No shit the Fire don't want to do this.

Why Mo would want Rolfe:

He can play in the midfield and as a striker. He can cover for Amado and Edu while they are away on international duty, and bring a more dynamic striker force. Danny is on the brink of getting hurt and Cunny will be shipped for a DP. If Dichio gets hurt with the arrival of the DP striker, only Lombardo and Smith are left. Ibrahim will not play for us this year due to family issues and his inexperience. Rolfe fits our needs and price structure at 80K

Why Conde and Mapp are not our targets:

Conde's contract is up after this year and will leave to either NYRB or abroad. If this was the deal it would be done already. Mapp doesn't fit the mold as he is a winger and we have real quality at this position. For those of you who haven't watched this guy, he has talent and speed. The problem is he is constantly injured and plays like a complete homosexual. He dives like crazy and vary rarely does he finish. We already have better wingers than him. Conde and Mapp make 160K a piece

Pachuco
06-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Chris Rolfe it is, can't wait to see this guy in a TFC uniform. Give it up Shitcago

TFC OZZ
06-18-2008, 11:09 PM
Liking the fans and liking the club are two completely seperate things. I think you missed my point.

Aright, if that's true than so be it. I just get easily annoyed when people chirp Shep Messing and Extra-time when I don't think they have a good reason to.

ANYWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSS...

I've been saying this for quite some time, it's not what we need in the trade, it's what OTHER teams need. We have a good team right now, and truthfully, I don't want to break any of the chemistry up unless it's for significantly better players. Mapp, Rolfe, and Barrett are decent players, nothing to go crazy over. I think if we're going to be making additions to the team, it's going to be to the forward line, and like I said, I don't see Rolfe or Barrett making that much of an impact. WE NEED TO GET KENNY COOPER FROM DALLAS. I'll say that again, WE NEED TO GET KENNY COOPER FROM DALLAS. Get people that Dallas want from Chicago, or just give them the top allocation and whatever else they want, WE NEED TO GET KENNY COOPER FROM DALLAS. He will be a future USMNT starter, hes really young, he's really cheap (although we'd have to fork over a lot for him), o and i almost forgot to mention, he's really, really good.

NEED TO GET KENNY COOPER FROM DALLAS.

TFC OZZ
06-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Conde's contract is up after this year and will leave to either NYRB or abroad. If this was the deal it would be done already. Mapp doesn't fit the mold as he is a winger and we have real quality at this position. For those of you who haven't watched this guy, he has talent and speed. The problem is he is constantly injured and plays like a complete homosexual. He dives like crazy and vary rarely does he finish. We already have better wingers than him. Conde and Mapp make 160K a piece

bwahahahahaaaahahaha

noochie
06-18-2008, 11:17 PM
Aright, if that's true than so be it. I just get easily annoyed when people chirp Shep Messing and Extra-time when I don't think they have a good reason to.

I did edit my post to explain a bit better and to be fair, I wouldn't punch him in the mouth... just say I don't have a watch :)

I've been saying this for quite some time, it's not what we need in the trade, it's what OTHER teams need. We have a good team right now, and truthfully, I don't want to break any of the chemistry up unless it's for significantly better players. Mapp, Rolfe, and Barrett are decent players, nothing to go crazy over. I think if we're going to be making additions to the team, it's going to be to the forward line, and like I said, I don't see Rolfe or Barrett making that much of an impact. WE NEED TO GET KENNY COOPER FROM DALLAS. I'll say that again, WE NEED TO GET KENNY COOPER FROM DALLAS. Get people that Dallas want from Chicago, or just give them the top allocation and whatever else they want, WE NEED TO GET KENNY COOPER FROM DALLAS. He will be a future USMNT starter, hes really young, he's really cheap (although we'd have to fork over a lot for him), o and i almost forgot to mention, he's really, really good.

I am not so sure that we could to anything to pry away Cooper from Dallas based on his decent strike rate and age. However... did anyone else notice that the FCD page has David Monsalve listed on their roster? Funny cause he was on the pitch warming up last Sat before the COL game... hmm... MLSNet glitch perhaps?? Perhaps not...

UltraSuperMegaMo
06-18-2008, 11:29 PM
Idid anyone else notice that the FCD page has David Monsalve listed on their roster? Funny cause he was on the pitch warming up last Sat before the COL game... hmm... MLSNet glitch perhaps?? Perhaps not...

He’s a league emergency keeper. It think he’s mainly based with Toronto, but been with a few other teams this year.

Lucky Strike
06-18-2008, 11:32 PM
Is there any way to catch this in replay (stored on-line or something)?

Ossington Mental Youth
06-18-2008, 11:36 PM
Barrett or Soumare

werewolf
06-18-2008, 11:40 PM
I was thinking Soumare, but we have depth at D, we gave up Phelan for a draft pick. And why would they be so reluctant to give him up?

J .
06-18-2008, 11:45 PM
Nyarko, draft picks and allocation?

UltraSuperMegaMo
06-18-2008, 11:46 PM
I was thinking Soumare, but we have depth at D, we gave up Phelan for a draft pick. And why would they be so reluctant to give him up?

He’s played in the midfield as well as holding player, maybe a long term replacement for Edu. He’s basically a starter for them and he still has Gen. Adidas status - I can see why they wouldn’t want to give him up.

werewolf
06-18-2008, 11:47 PM
I did notice he was able to play Mid. too, kind of big for that, 6'4. But again, why would we give up Phelan and now try and get the same type of player, and its hard to imagine Chicago being so stingy, unless Mo is asking for a bunch of picks/allocation.

Footie-11
06-18-2008, 11:50 PM

I've been saying this for quite some time, it's not what we need in the trade, it's what OTHER teams need. We have a good team right now, and truthfully, I don't want to break any of the chemistry up unless it's for significantly better players. Mapp, Rolfe, and Barrett are decent players, nothing to go crazy over. I think if we're going to be making additions to the team, it's going to be to the forward line, and like I said, I don't see Rolfe or Barrett making that much of an impact. WE NEED TO GET KENNY

COOPER FROM DALLAS. I'll say that again, WE NEED TO GET KENNY COOPER FROM DALLAS. Get people that Dallas want from Chicago, or just give them the top allocation and whatever else they want, WE NEED TO GET KENNY COOPER FROM DALLAS. He will be a future USMNT starter, hes really young, he's really cheap (although we'd have to fork over a lot for him), o and i almost forgot to mention, he's really, really good.

I think it would be really hard to get Cooper away from FCD... he is also American so pheraps he isnt even interested playing in Canada.

At least if we got Cooper he wouldn't have to worry about Marshall braking his legs again... unless of course in practise:eek:;)

twistedchinaman
06-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Perhaps we could ask if we can get Stuey Holden from Houston...?

jloome
06-19-2008, 12:11 AM
I wonder if it's Frankowski and the big holdup is waiting to see if he's going to be fit enough to play? I only suggest it because he's been capped for Poland and played in Europe most of his career, which means Mo and Carver's contacts probably know about him.

Plus, he was supposed to be the major striker for Chicago this year and hasn't really panned out due to injuries.

TFC Via Buffalo
06-19-2008, 02:14 AM
I think its Rolfe

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/65/206867400_868c156df1.jpg?v=0

I say bring him in.

Keystone FC
06-19-2008, 03:48 AM
I too think it may be Rolfe. Like it's been said before, he's young, he can play mid and striker, he can create plays and get the ball to the forwards or take it himself. This makes him very dangerous to opposing teams. He would just add to our arsenal without upending the squad. Here's the kicker for me. Rolfe is from Kettering, OH...where I live.

King Tut
06-19-2008, 06:43 AM
I think its Calen Carr

http://www.isiphotos.com/image_dir/album680/th_sm_MLSTA070707102.JPG

ensco
06-19-2008, 07:23 AM
I think it's Rolfe.

Something else may need to go from TFC to Chicago to get this done, Rolfe is a seriously valuable asset (young, relatively cheap, very nice strike rate, good but not quite good enough to be an obvious European transfer).

Ossington Mental Youth
06-19-2008, 07:36 AM

Only said Soumare if Edu really leaves, which he wont. So Barrett.

Oldtimer
06-19-2008, 07:37 AM
LOL i would laugh if that happened. All San Jose would need is Andy Welsh and Collin Samuel to complete the team!

Welsh is available! (released from Blackpool) http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/blackpool/7388504.stm

Oldtimer
06-19-2008, 07:39 AM
Is there any way to catch this in replay (stored on-line or something)?

It's on the mlsnet site:

http://web.mlsnet.com/sights/

Canadian Blue
06-19-2008, 08:11 AM
1 player and cash I bet

bangersandmash
06-19-2008, 08:47 AM
It's on the mlsnet site:

http://web.mlsnet.com/sights/

I couldn't find the Mo Johnson segment on the MLS site. I think that MLS extra time and GolTV extra time are different shows. Anyone know where I can find an archive of Mo on GolTV Extra Time?

sully
06-19-2008, 08:52 AM
I couldn't find the Mo Johnson segment on the MLS site. I think that MLS extra time and GolTV extra time are different shows. Anyone know where I can find an archive of Mo on GolTV Extra Time?

I missed the Gol TV Extra Time show too..just caught the very end..it's called 'MoJo Unplugged'. I sent them an e-mail asking if I can see an online archive of it.. I'll send the link if they ever respond.

shaggingscot
06-19-2008, 09:01 AM

please, please don't start

Start what? ;)

TicTacTabarnack
06-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Sign Rolfe ... Release Cunny?!? Hmmmmm ...

Damien
06-19-2008, 10:12 AM
Chicago's really got their nuts in a vice. It's tough to justify giving up the present AND future for just the present. There's no argument that McBride is a bonafide player at a high level of soccer, but how much time does he have left in him? Is he going to be injury prone due to age?

ExiledRed
06-19-2008, 10:25 AM
If Rolfe doesnt want to come here (and most of them usually dont) then the point is moot. He'll play like shit till we trade him back to the states.

I dont like that a team can swap players without consent, and it's the kind of thing that's going to make players coming in from abroad, think again.

S_D
06-19-2008, 10:25 AM
I sometimes wonder after seeing all of the Chicago whining about having to give something up for McBride if they really wanted him in the first place. Sure they woud take him if they only had to give up a draft pick or something, but having to give up a front line starter has put them in a little bit of a difficult situation.

I have a feeling that McBride stating that he would only play for the fire caught their FO off guard a bit as they are faced with a potential public relations disaster.

If they truly don't really want him and say to Mo get stuffed, the Chicago supporters would crucify them (how could you do this to McBride, why would you turn down the best striker in U.S. history etc..), and if they end up having to give up a front line player (say Rolfe) they could get nailed again in giving up a future MLS star, especially if McBride gets injured.

I'm glad that this is the Fire's problem and not ours :D

Billy the kid
06-19-2008, 10:32 AM
They're getting an EPL striker for non DP money. "Oh, we didn't know you'd want something for him." I can't take the whining anymore.

Damien
06-19-2008, 10:36 AM
How much you wanna bet another MLS team will do this to us when a Canadian wants to return from overseas and we're at the bottom of the totem pole.

Or maybe Mo's not stupid, and can swing a deal with the best of them anyway.

tfc88
06-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Rolfe would be awesome on this team.. go get'em Mo!

Pigfynn
06-19-2008, 10:52 AM
I think they want Rolfe in order to deal him for someone else...like a striker.

Damien
06-19-2008, 10:54 AM
I'm amazed nobody's dreamed up a 3-way trade for DeRo yet, lol!

TFC OZZ
06-19-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm amazed nobody's dreamed up a 3-way trade for DeRo yet, lol!

It's implied that in any trade involving TFC, the first priority is to obtain DeRo; anything else is a secondary target. :D:D:D

AL-MO
06-19-2008, 11:08 AM

Last time I checked, the Cubs and White Sox are both in first place.

TFC-Tyler
06-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Last time I checked, the Cubs and White Sox are both in first place.
He generally doesnt know anything, its best to ignore him.

AL-MO
06-19-2008, 11:47 AM

I am well aware. I just enjoy pointing out the inaccuracies in his posts.

Northern Soul
06-19-2008, 11:51 AM
I am well aware. I just enjoy pointing out the inaccuracies in his posts.

You'd spend most of your life if you did that in every thread. :D

Marco2K
06-19-2008, 11:52 AM
How about McBride, edu and Cunningham in a package that would see DE RO coming here and Mcbride heading to chicago and EDU and Cunningham and perhaps a pick going to houston

TFC07
06-19-2008, 11:54 AM
giving up both Edu and Cunny for DeRo is too much IMO.

H Bomb
06-19-2008, 11:56 AM
DeRo plays the same position as Amado. I love the guy but don't need him just cause he's Canadian. He'll get my full support Nationally but after that, he's surplus to requirements.

Cambridge_Red
06-19-2008, 11:56 AM
I would demand the rights to Will Johnson no matter who we get.

olegunnar
06-19-2008, 11:57 AM

Red Carded from BS. That says it all.

AL-MO
06-19-2008, 12:35 PM
You'd spend most of your life if you did that in every thread. :D

After the Toronto Maple Leafs/Ottawa Senators threads in the all sports thread on the old board, we don't really like each other that much.

When I post something I try to ensure its as accurate as possible.

Cambridge_Red
06-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Lots of love on this board.

jloome
06-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Ok, back to the issue at hand....

Mo said he wants just one player. He didn't say he wants just one player FROM CHICAGO. He wants two players from Chicago that are mighty tempting enough to drag a major striker away from another team.

De Ro started as a striker and was pretty deadly there against us.

flatpicker
06-19-2008, 01:03 PM

I think I would rather have a good striker who is not good enough to play for his country.

Lucky Strike
06-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Ok, back to the issue at hand....

Mo said he wants just one player. He didn't say he wants just one player FROM CHICAGO. He wants two players from Chicago that are mighty tempting enough to drag a major striker away from another team.

Precisely! It could be 2 from Chicago to send somewhere else for 1 guy. That way, Mo is telling the truth and destabilizing Chicago's dealing position at the same time.

ExiledRed
06-19-2008, 01:39 PM
DeRo plays the same position as Amado. I love the guy but don't need him just cause he's Canadian. He'll get my full support Nationally but after that, he's surplus to requirements.

WEll I don't like the hairy goofball twat, but he can play striker just as well as AM, can't he?

Isn't that true of Amado as well?

Ossington Mental Youth
06-19-2008, 01:42 PM
DeRo can play as a striker but has said he prefers AM and only wants to play AM unless its necessary otherwise. Dont see that changing.

ExiledRed
06-19-2008, 01:57 PM
What about Guevara?

Could DeRo play AM with Guevara up front? I was sure El Lobo was a forward originally.

Pachuco
06-19-2008, 02:14 PM
What about Guevara?

Could DeRo play AM with Guevara up front? I was sure El Lobo was a forward originally.

That's a waste of his talent if you ask me. Guevara is a true #10, his style of play should have him in a role where the plays builds up through him. In fact, he's better the Dero at this if you ask me.

Marc"2L"
06-19-2008, 02:37 PM
That's a waste of his talent if you ask me. Guevara is a true #10, his style of play should have him in a role where the plays builds up through him. In fact, he's better the Dero at this if you ask me.

But DeRo has a better finish.....

Any takers? :D

romburgundy
06-21-2008, 01:04 AM
Maybe he can have his 100th goal there. Honestly Cunny's not a bad player he just doesnt mesh with our team. I think he can produce so much more else where and my guess is he wants to go too. Just make the trade... make it happen better now than later on in the season.

Keystone FC
06-21-2008, 01:28 AM
MLSRumors (I know it's a step above BS) is saying that Wilman Conde is the trade to be made....possibly:
http://www.mls-rumors.net/2008/06/trade-wilman-conde-to-toronto-fc-for.html

CretanBull
06-21-2008, 02:23 AM
giving up both Edu and Cunny for DeRo is too much IMO.

Too much? It's not nearly enough. Cunny has negative value in a trade, he's a decent enough player but he isn't worth his salary and in a cap system players who don't play at a level that reflects their salary considerably hurts their trade value. Edu would be appealing to them, but there's the risk that he'll be off to Europe at the end of this season. I can't see Houston giving up one of the best players in the MLS for a player who might be gone in a few months and an overpriced striker.

Cambridge_Red
06-21-2008, 02:31 AM
I really really have problems seeing Houston trading DeRo. Why would they?? It makes no sense, I think we're all hoping for something that is very unlikely to happen.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-21-2008, 09:20 AM
On top of the fact we dont need DeRo, hed just sit on the bench, or Guevara would.
Not necessary to get him.

jloome
06-21-2008, 09:47 AM
Too much? It's not nearly enough. Cunny has negative value in a trade, he's a decent enough player but he isn't worth his salary and in a cap system players who don't play at a level that reflects their salary considerably hurts their trade value. Edu would be appealing to them, but there's the risk that he'll be off to Europe at the end of this season. I can't see Houston giving up one of the best players in the MLS for a player who might be gone in a few months and an overpriced striker.

I think you're right about Houston rejecting this package but other MLS teams won't see Cunningham, the league's fourth leading all-time scorer , as bad value for money. He's struggling with us, but as has been noted several times in the past, that'snothing new. Back in 2000, when McBride left for Preston and he didn't have him to play off of, he scorer 2 in 20 for the season.

He's always been a "get six chances, score one" guy; that was always the knock from other MLS fans. If the team he's on gives him the six chances, he'll usually pot one -- but if he gets five chances for five straight games, you might not see a goal.