PDA

View Full Version : Testemonial Idea: Danny and Jimmy should play in the friendly this year!!!

Red CB Toronto
04-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Both of these TFC legends, Danny Dichio and Jim Brennan, who have both hung up the cleats in recent times, played their final game of the TFC careers on the road, wearing grey and white respectively. The should wear the "RED" for one more time.

Both of their careers ended earlier than expected, so would one last appearance at BMO not be great. The ideal place to do this would be in the international friendly, which in the past has seen guests from the CSL help fill out the lineup, so getting them on the roster for once last dance should not be a problem.

It would be an amazing night indeed if such a thing happened, just an idea that crossed my mind.

trane
04-12-2010, 04:46 PM
How about Danny play striker untill we get one who can score?

DichioTFC
04-12-2010, 04:46 PM
very classy idea... it would great to see them play on TFC grass at least once.

lips
04-12-2010, 05:00 PM
That would be a great thing if it can happen

TFC Tifoso
04-12-2010, 05:02 PM
How about Danny play striker untill we get one who can score?

this...

canadian_bhoy
04-12-2010, 05:04 PM
I think players should have their own testimonials.

This is a great idea, but I think Danny should get a testimonial this season

Next year have the carlsberg game for Jimmy B. Also - for Jimmy's it should be against his other favorite club (see ee el tee eye see).

Whoop
04-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Again?

How many times do they have to come here? LOL

canadian_bhoy
04-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Again?

How many times do they have to come here? LOL

haha...Hey man, Benfica have played at BMO twice! you don't get to say anything!

Mikey
04-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Nice idea and really simple too.

TFC Cityboy
04-12-2010, 08:03 PM
this is a really classy idea.

FluSH
04-12-2010, 08:08 PM

Next year have the carlsberg game for Jimmy B. Also - for Jimmy's it should be against his other favorite club (see ee el tee eye see).

I think so as well...

This is like celebrating my Birthday and Roogsy's birthday at the same time... not fucking cool.

:D

grizzle
04-12-2010, 08:10 PM
I think its a great idea... would make going to watch a friendly more worthwhile

Stencils
04-12-2010, 08:11 PM
I think so as well...

This is like celebrating my Birthday and Roogsy's birthday at the same time... not fucking cool.

Yeah, I agree with both FluSH and CB on this one.

Very nice idea on the whole.

AL-MO
04-12-2010, 08:11 PM
I think so as well...

Yeah we'd need separate days for those two egos. :D

tfc2007
04-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Would forsure make these games worth while.

Kevvv
04-12-2010, 08:26 PM
What's the complaint so many people have about friendlies? The potential for injury? If these guys truly felt like it was time to retire, I don't think they would want to risk getting injured in a one-off friendly. I could be wrong, and maybe they feel fit enough to play once more, but I don't think they'd chance it.

prizby
04-12-2010, 11:17 PM

twice was one time too many, once every 10 years is good enough

how about rangers vs. celtic or how about just rangers for once, you'd think moe would have connections for rangers too