PDA

View Full Version : things that were good, and props should be given...

Parkdale
04-11-2010, 06:16 PM
so some good points from the weekend

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Red Rat for making 'russian dolls' out of the drums and getting a wall of sound in to the stadium.
The people who drummed like crazy despite the blood (yeoman) and retirement (roogsy)
(plus marcel and azerban and whoever else ended up on one)

Pekduck and the travel team for scrambling to make this all happen as smoothly as possible.
Pek, did you even have a room? I think you lived in the lobby.

the guys on the bus who endured many, many hardships but still brought their energy.

the people who sang for the team even after that embarrassment.

Malcolm, the kit man, who cracked a joke instead of subjecting us to the most awkward elevator ride ever.

--

yeah, so despite the absolutely shit performance, poor tactical decisions
(our DP should not be on the bench, punishment or not - fine him money,
don't put our games at risk).... sorry, got negative there for a second.

despite the worst 2nd half I've ever had the horror of enduring, I want to
personally thank the people who made this trip a major 'win' off the field.

I'm not happy with the team, but absolutely amazed by the people in this group. More than ever!

Pachuco
04-11-2010, 06:23 PM
The support looked incredible on TV. It was hilarious to watch them pan from the TFC supporter's section in the stadium to the soccer moms eating their ice cream talking on their cell phones.

Big props goes out to the people that made it to Boston!

Parkdale
04-11-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm not sure what went to the TV, but they only showed the Boston section on the video board, and they'd show things that were almost comical. They showed a dude playing on a child's toy drum, when we had like an entire marching band worth of drums in our section.

I think we did a great job in the stands, and managed to keep it together well enough when they team couldn't.

Oor Wullie
04-11-2010, 06:37 PM
You guys sounded great on tv. You were the only thing in that shit show that made me proud to be a TFC supporter.

Juanito
04-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Hats off to you guys. I couldn't do what you do. I changed the channel after the fourth goal, if I was there to WITNESS IT LIVE, I would have put my foot through someone's drum and possibly face!! SERENITY NOW!!!

Marianne
04-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Indeed! Despite the most horrible 2nd half of footy ever played, the trip itself was great! Huge kudos to all who organized hotels, transportation, chants, marches, drums, etc etc.

I feel so sorry for the housekeeping staff at the hotel --they had a lot of shit-filled beds to deal with this morning. I hope they just burned the sheets.

Thanks to all for who organized!

billyfly
04-11-2010, 07:20 PM
CFTO Sports highlights mentioned RPB by name when they showed the crowd.

Brooker
04-11-2010, 07:29 PM
I can't remember which chant it was.... but it was you guys and it was fucking LOUD! so what did the camera do? it cut to the Rev's supporters and kept the sound going. I nearly fell off my chair laughing.

usually the broadcasts go back and forth as far as which supporters you can hear... but you guys were beyond loud and always audible. well fucking done.

Yeoman
04-11-2010, 08:20 PM
yeah it did sound great. i managed to hear most chants over my drum. never had that when sitting beside red thunder
my hand is alright, barely bled
just need a mental note to buy gloves as soon as possible
i swear the only chants i heard from the rev was 'rev-o-lution clap clap, clap clap clap' and 'usa usa'
i mean they sounded pretty good with that i will give them props.

Nodoubtguy
04-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Indeed! Despite the most horrible 2nd half of footy ever played, the trip itself was great! Huge kudos to all who organized hotels, transportation, chants, marches, drums, etc etc.

I feel so sorry for the housekeeping staff at the hotel --they had a lot of shit-filled beds to deal with this morning. I hope they just burned the sheets.

Thanks to all for who organized!

oh come on!!! I SHOWED YOU WHERE THE WASHROOM WAS!!!

Marianne
04-11-2010, 08:37 PM
^I really want to volley back a witty retort Sal, but I honestly can't. I'm laughing too hard.
:smilielol5:

nfitz
04-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Although you guy were in the corner, you were shown many times on the GOL TV broadcast, quite clearly. It was easy to recognize people.

And you were certainly audible on the broadcast. Dichio came through quite clear. You put the New England supporters to shame!

Sonny Cheeba
04-11-2010, 08:42 PM
for real? someone shit the bed? WAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

saaaweeeeet.

FluSH
04-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Thanks to everyone for the new chants... I'll post a Game Chant summary later...

"Discovery Toronto" went well and will be one of the best fun chants of 2010

"Legend TFC" and "We won't backj down" were also good!

Marianne
04-11-2010, 08:48 PM

saaaweeeeet.

The team. We were in the same hotel as the team.

Sorry to disappoint you with the metaphor Sonny.:D

FootieChick
04-11-2010, 08:52 PM
That trip was SO MUCH FUN!

And yes... I remember it :)

thanks everyone!!!

Parkdale
04-11-2010, 08:53 PM

saaaweeeeet.

someone puked on the floor in the lobby (just a little splash, not a full on beer barf) and the hotel staff acted like it was half a ton of radioactive elephant shit. The whole spot could have been cleaned with 4 paper towel sheets.

yeoman - motocross gloves! They are light enough and padded on the tops of your fingers, which is always a good thing. You never know what's getting smashed. Side note: my arm is aching from all the drumming. I'm surprised roogs and marcel don't have WWF wrestler sized arms.

FluSH
04-11-2010, 08:55 PM
^^^
The Hotel staff were unbelivable... Lori was +A on customer service. If I can get my @ss to do it.. I will send an email thanking them for their excellent service.

Pookie
04-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Hats off to the away team for the hotel and organization and the folks around us for keeping the voices loud even with the stunning way in which we lost.

I found the coaching staff very sincere, from Preki on down. As an example, we passed by a couple of them this morning on our way to the parking lot.

Mike Toshack (GK Coach) stopped to acknowledge us as thanked us for coming down. We didn't approach him, he came to us. He apologized for the way it ended and you could see that he shared our feeling. He talked about his experience in Houston and how they will get these guys to learn about each other and play a consistent game. From the way he spoke, you just got the sense that they (the coaches) are in control and things are going to change.

Maybe it was just optimism talking but that gesture there left us with something positive to hope for.

On a personal note, living up in Barrie, I don't get out to see most of you. It was nice to be able to put some faces to the fake names :)

Very proud to wear the RPB Colours.

Sonny Cheeba
04-11-2010, 09:02 PM
damn i wasn't even thinking in metaphors. i just woke up from a nap.

good one though.

would've preferred some proper trainspotting shit stories though. hallway puke is always nasty. ALWAYS.

Carts
04-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Man I got alot of TV time last night...

Good thing I wasn't skipping work for the game or anything LOL

Carts...

Parkdale
04-11-2010, 09:07 PM
hallway puke is always nasty. ALWAYS.

it was lobby puke, on a tiled floor. A paper towel could clean it up.

on an unrelated note: It was good to meet you too Pookie.

Sonny Cheeba
04-11-2010, 09:12 PM
tiled floor? damn. people could clean that up with their own t-shirt.

FluSH
04-11-2010, 09:18 PM
tiled floor? damn. people could clean that up with their own t-shirt.

I just hope my brothers didn't incur any extra charges on their rooms as I had my CC attached to all of them... I know they drowned the place with beer water as their cooler spilled over...

Auzzy
04-11-2010, 09:19 PM
It's great to hear stories about the Boston trip. Less depressing than thinking more about the game. There was a good loud cheer at Scallywags every time the Toronto supporters were shown on TV -- which was often. You gotta be careful how you look & what you're doing on camera, with all this HD nowadays... ;)

FluSH
04-11-2010, 09:22 PM
It's great to hear stories about the Boston trip. Less depressing than thinking more about the game. There was a good loud cheer at Scallywags every time the Toronto supporters were shown on TV -- which was often. You gotta be careful how you look & what you're doing on camera, with all this HD nowadays... ;)

We had some great improvised chants... really good even though our spirits were down

To the tune of Go West "4-3 or we fire Mo... 4-3 or we fire Mo...." then it became "4-3 and we will fire Mo!!!" We also did the "Always look on the bright side of life..." that went really well actually...

and

"All we are saying... is Fire MO JO" which then turned into... "All we are saying... is pay for our trip!" haha

prizby
04-11-2010, 09:38 PM
I'm not sure what went to the TV, but they only showed the Boston section on the video board, and they'd show things that were almost comical. They showed a dude playing on a child's toy drum, when we had like an entire marching band worth of drums in our section.

I think we did a great job in the stands, and managed to keep it together well enough when they team couldn't.

wasn't that what you had in your hand parky :p

it was good to see you (for once) in the "supporters" section :)...IN MY ROOOW!!!

btw will there be a video?

prizby
04-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Thanks to everyone for the new chants... I'll post a Game Chant summary later...

"Discovery Toronto" went well and will be one of the best fun chants of 2010

"Legend TFC" and "We won't backj down" were also good!

there are a lot of improvements to work upon though,

as for our chanting having been good?:
it was our preseason, we might have been good, but we weren't good enough, we still need to perfect some chants, and the new one's def need some learning

also was half annoying when NEE started their own chants (not cuz they weren't bad - they were actually pretty good), but only like 30 people knew them

Red Rat
04-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Just watching the game now and I can't believe how loud we were, awesome.

Thanks to

Greg
Adam
Chris
and Frankie for drumming until hands bled.

We were 2000 out there.

dammm

rr

FluSH
04-11-2010, 09:56 PM
also was half annoying when NEE started their own chants (not cuz they weren't bad - they were actually pretty good), but only like 30 people knew them

you have to accept this on roadtrips.. we had our own chants as well that they didn't know... and we chanted Usector chants that we knew but NEE didn't like: Discovery Toronto, and The reds will come through in the end..

Azerban
04-11-2010, 10:11 PM
its me

i'm pretty great irl

Gazza
04-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Hats off to you crazy, beautiful bastards who went to the game. You all deserve a full, hand written apology from the team for that horrible second half.

I had to watch the game with a bunch of football haters and they all echoed how much better it would be if all toronto sport's teams had that kind of loud and crazy and dedicated support. Good on you all!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-11-2010, 10:34 PM
The support looked incredible on TV. It was hilarious to watch them pan from the TFC supporter's section in the stadium to the soccer moms eating their ice cream talking on their cell phones.

Big props goes out to the people that made it to Boston!

Imagine if MLSE had givin the NORTHEND to the SUPPORTERS GROUPS!!!

You might just get some more of the beautiful images...and sounds at BMO FIELD as we all witnessed on Saturday!!!!

They really shit the bed on that one....

cmonyoureds
04-11-2010, 10:47 PM
i knew it was loud while we were there, but just watched the PVR when i got home. holy crap we carried that place!!!
also to second the props to the hotel staff. professional and welcoming, all of them. i almost wet myself laughing when the doorman asked if he could carry our luggage for us. even though clearly it was a backpack and a case of cold ones.

Mark in Ottawa
04-12-2010, 06:43 AM
Hey ... y'all travelling gang... Thanks for the great support.
You all sounded amazing during the TV broadcast!

FluSH
04-12-2010, 07:03 AM
i knew it was loud while we were there, but just watched the PVR when i got home. holy crap we carried that place!!!
also to second the props to the hotel staff. professional and welcoming, all of them. i almost wet myself laughing when the doorman asked if he could carry our luggage for us. even though clearly it was a backpack and a case of cold ones.

Im dying to watch this... anyone have a link?

Does anyone remember the walk to the Stands and us chanting ""Toronto 'till I Die" underneath their roof... I felt like a cat on catnip...that was the most amazing sound ever... the acoustics were unbelivable...

How much would I give to have a roof over the South ed... one day :(

lintberg
04-12-2010, 08:08 AM
The walk to the stands was fantastic, shame about the match result....but, this was by far the best roadtrip that I have been on! Awesome!
We looked and sounded great on TV, I watched the game last night on my PVR...we really carried the place!!

Im dying to watch this... anyone have a link?

Does anyone remember the walk to the Stands and us chanting ""Toronto 'till I Die" underneath their roof... I felt like a cat on catnip...that was the most amazing sound ever... the acoustics were unbelivable...

How much would I give to have a roof over the South ed... one day :(

Section 110
04-12-2010, 08:09 AM
I can't say enough about how proud my wife and I and our friends were watching the game and seeing that unwavering support for the team. You guys looked great (more unified and in sync than our men on the field), and should be so proud of yourselves - for much of the game you were easily the loudest despite the fact that you were outnumbered by the hometown fans. You are real and true fans; you epitomize it and we do have the best fans in this league, even if our team is the worst. Too bad the league championship doesn't take into consideration the 12th man; we'd be a dynasty. Bravo!

Shaughno
04-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Flush I'm with you dude... I want to hear what we sounded like on TV. It sounded good from within the stands, and 'The Bounce' sounded... and looked fucking great from within the stands. That's probably the best I've ever seen it. A good 10-15 rows of solid, arm in arm jumping. Until the 46th minute, this was the best road trip ever. After that, unfortunately the game somewhat soured it, but most of us made the best of the trip regardless.

My only gripe with the support, was the amount of negativity that came from the stands in the second half. I hate Garcia as much as the next guy, but singing stuff like "Fuck Garcia" isn't exactly going to inspire confidence in the guy. My $0.02 anyway.

FluSH
04-12-2010, 08:38 AM
My only gripe with the support, was the amount of negativity that came from the stands in the second half. I hate Garcia as much as the next guy, but singing stuff like "Fuck Garcia" isn't exactly going to inspire confidence in the guy. My $0.02 anyway.

I agree as well... if you want to say something to this extent ("Fuck Garcia)... make it witty and funny... Most of us are already in a fould mood because of the score... you don't need to remind me about Garcia.

One of the best improvised chants was "All we are saying.... is pay for our trip" LOL that had me in good spirits regardless of the score... there will always be a time to get upset... spare it for the 90mins is what I ask.

Daveisonfire
04-12-2010, 08:42 AM
Kudos to the away support, you guys looked and sounded great

Mikey
04-12-2010, 09:12 AM
The cannoli at Mike's Pastry in the north end of Boston, and the Chicken Parm at the Red Wing diner on the highway north of the stadium were the highlights of Saturday for me.

Commie Red
04-12-2010, 11:01 AM
I've still got bus lag -- but the trip was great. Many props to the organizers!

Walking into the stadium singing made the hair on the back of my neck stand-up. It was like chanting in the GO tunnel writ large. I was really impressed with how the "leadership" managed to bring us back together and on-task after things turned sour in the second half. I really wish we had a "You'll Never Walk Alone" song to console us at such moments, but until then "Always Look On the Bright Side Of Life" will have to suffice.
"Discovery Toronto" is great and I really hope it catches-on.

FluSH
04-12-2010, 11:10 AM
I've still got bus lag -- but the trip was great. Many props to the organizers!

Walking into the stadium singing made the hair on the back of my neck stand-up. It was like chanting in the GO tunnel writ large. I was really impressed with how the "leadership" managed to bring us back together and on-task after things turned sour in the second half. I really wish we had a "You'll Never Walk Alone" song to console us at such moments, but until then "Always Look On the Bright Side Of Life" will have to suffice.
"Discovery Toronto" is great and I really hope it catches-on.

Discovery Toronto will be a hit this year... I say the chant of 2010... and Legend TFC will be our song...

As I was telling Boris... if it was up to me... every RPB should have to recite the lyrics of Legend TFC before becoming a member :D

but then again that's why they keep me (and I keep myself) at bay from the Big Presidential Chair lol

TFC Via Buffalo
04-12-2010, 11:18 AM
I'm sorry, but I'm still a miserable prick and will be until Thursday night.

Get me to BMO and quick!!!

BTW, everything leading up to the 46th minute, from running into the Coach family at one of the rest station resturants on Friday to right before that first Revs goal, was phenomenal. The result has just left such a bitter taste in my mouth that I'm forgetting the awesome time I had with my favorite people.

tfcleeds
04-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Stadium walk was awesome - a close 2nd to our trip on the Montreal Metro last year if you ask me.

It was great getting to the front gates, stopping in front of security and the chanting never stopped, even after we got to our seats. Certainly the best away atmosphere I've had the opportunity to be a part of (Montreal excepted).

BTW - I LOVE 'Discovery Toronto'. I know a few people tried getting it going in New England, unfortunately, I didn't hear it. I really hope this takes off at BMO.

TFC Cityboy
04-12-2010, 12:23 PM
I agree as well... if you want to say something to this extent ("Fuck Garcia)... make it witty and funny... .
check my signature for my idea, FluSH

Roogsy
04-12-2010, 12:37 PM
The Security at Gillette Stadium was AAA+++.

Respectful, tactful, polite and yet you could tell you didn't want to mess with them so you didn't. They were just forceful enough to remind you they were there for security reasons. And yet, we exchanged polite greetings and nothing negative occurred.

Columbus can take a page from them and learn how to do things right.

Roogsy
04-12-2010, 12:38 PM

QFFT!

We are the supporters. Anyone who forgets that can leave the section.

TFC Via Buffalo
04-12-2010, 12:40 PM
The Security at Gillette Stadium was AAA+++.

Respectful, tactful, polite and yet you could tell you didn't want to mess with them so you didn't. They were just forceful enough to remind you they were there for security reasons. And yet, we exchanged polite greetings and nothing negative occurred.

Columbus can take a page from them and learn how to do things right.

The one securirty guy on the field was cracking up during "All we are saying, is pay for our trip." Very top notch. I was bringing in a couple of banners in a bag for Yeoman and they gave it a quick look and let me go. No tough guy act from any of them. Stay Classy, New England.

Roogsy
04-12-2010, 12:40 PM
On a personal note, living up in Barrie, I don't get out to see most of you. It was nice to be able to put some faces to the fake names :)

Very proud to wear the RPB Colours.

You were there Pookie? I would have loved to have met you my man.

Next time introduce yourself!