PDA

View Full Version : Worst Player in TFC's History?

Damien
04-10-2010, 10:18 PM
I saw a post from Molinaro that made me think....

Before voting for Garcia think of all the possibilities!

Damien

KezmanCCCC
04-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Trust me its garcia....

Damien
04-10-2010, 10:24 PM
I voted for Lombardo, his only job was to score and I dont think he had 1 half-assed shot on net ever!

Garcia actually made a minut contribution once... i think...

dag
04-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Don't know whether to laugh or cry by this thread.

Nuvinho
04-10-2010, 10:26 PM
I voted Ruiz!

He came with so much hype based on his past performances in the league.

billyfly
04-10-2010, 10:28 PM
I voted Lomardo b/c I NEVER saw 1 ounce of a talented move towards goal.

Running around and that was it.

EDIT: Didn't even see Damien's post before mine. LOL

TFC Tifoso
04-10-2010, 10:29 PM
I voted for Lombardo, his only job was to score and I dont think he had 1 half-assed shot on net ever!

Lombardo nearly had a goal year one v LAG that got cleared off the line, but really what do you expect from a 19 year old kid (at the time) who never really got a fair shake here....

imo its gotta be garcia....he's an MLS vet, and he's a disaster....

Oblio2
04-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Its not fair.
if someone like Andy Welsh is shit, he doesnt score (or cross) thats all.
if someone like Garcia is shit (and he is)-We almost always let in goals....

The comparason should be for same player position.
Shit for shit.

Damien
04-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Lombardo nearly had a goal year one v LAG that got cleared off the line, but really what do you expect from a 19 year old kid (at the time) who never really got a fair shake here....

imo its gotta be garcia....he's an MLS vet, and he's a disaster....

yeh, but if we're arguing age then one could say Garcia's old? 31 is getting up there in soccer years and he's been injured, etc etc.

I think based on impact at your position, Lombardo's the worst.

Kevvv
04-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Its not fair.
if someone like Andy Welsh is shit, he doesnt score (or cross) thats all.
if someone like Garcia is shit (and he is)-We almost always let in goals....

The comparason should be for same player position.
Shit for shit.

tis true. Striker makes a mistake, play on. Keeper or defender make a mistake, fish the ball out of the net.

TFC Tifoso
04-10-2010, 10:42 PM
yeh, but if we're arguing age then one could say Garcia's old? 31 is getting up there in soccer years and he's been injured, etc etc.

I think based on impact at your position, Lombardo's the worst.

fair enough....the way i see it, Lombardo came here really with no expectations...he was just a kid who people were hoping would turn into a good player for TFC....Garcia was supposed to stabilize the back line and be a defensive presence....he's done neither....he's just a disaser...

TFC USA
04-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Nick Garcia....

Gazza
04-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Garcia showed that he is a better crosser than Welsh!...but still, it can't be anyone other than Garcia. He loses games on his own, whether it's directly, or indirectly by forcing the rest of the team to scramble to make up for his deficiencies.

Fushida
04-10-2010, 10:46 PM
Lombardo started well in his first game with that cross which Mo Edu finished. That and his role in the Cdn team before the U20 disaster probably lead to some heightened expectations that never should have been.

Garcia? Came as a much needed CB, with a massive price tag... has he ever had a praise-worthy performance with us? Has any other player single handedly blew so many games for us in the number of games that Garcia's been allowed to play? Lets remember Marvell has had 2 years to do the damage he did :D

Fushida
04-10-2010, 10:46 PM
Garcia showed that he is a better crosser than Welsh!...but still, it can't be anyone other than Garcia. He loses games on his own, whether it's directly, or indirectly by forcing the rest of the team to scramble to make up for his deficiencies.

Haha, I'd like to think of that "cross" as a "hopeful ball" rather than him having meant it :rolleyes:

ManUtd4ever
04-10-2010, 10:47 PM

Garcia without a doubt. Lombardo was useless as well but I was at the friendly when he scored against Aston Villa :D

Gazza
04-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Hey, that cross was a thing of beauty. I bet that's the only play he'll remember from the game and think he played pretty well. Until he watches the tape the next morning.

Fushida
04-10-2010, 10:54 PM
i was telling anyone who would listen in columbus that i believe in nick garcia. if we want to give passes to ali gerba and jdg for coming in halfway through a season than Nicky G should get one as well. he had two brainfarts in the first game but he was solid with his positioning, communicating and general awareness (things that arent always picked up by the fleeting camera)

This was from the in-game thread at half time... I remember laughing at the time of this post... but now... LOL

CretanBull
04-10-2010, 11:45 PM
I voted Lomardo b/c I NEVER saw 1 ounce of a talented move towards goal.

Running around and that was it.

EDIT: Didn't even see Damien's post before mine. LOL

Running around doing nothing > screwing up costing us games.

s2cazz
04-10-2010, 11:54 PM
I say we Lynch him and Mo together.... Anything short of that and I will be dis-satisfied.

RoyalMidfielder
04-11-2010, 12:11 AM
Marvell Wynne

TFCUNITED
04-11-2010, 12:20 AM
At least Garcia scored......oh wait. :rolleyes:

twistedchinaman
04-11-2010, 12:29 AM
This post is a huge rhetorical question...right?

Laurignano
04-11-2010, 12:31 AM
Garcia.

Lucky Strike
04-11-2010, 12:31 AM
Honestly, it's so bad, the moment Garcia is included in the starting XI, it's already 1-0 for the opposition. And we all know that's no exaggeration.

Laurignano
04-11-2010, 12:32 AM
Honestly, it's so bad, the moment Garcia is included in the starting XI, it's already 1-0 for the opposition. And we all know that's no exaggeration.

1-0 is a generous number.

twistedchinaman
04-11-2010, 12:35 AM
1-0 is a generous number.

More like a 3-0 lead. :facepalm:

James Oliphant
04-11-2010, 01:23 AM
How does Laurent Robert even become an option in this poll? The guy was quality...it's not his fault every one of his very good crosses was wasted by Cunningham. He got frustrated and his play suffered. Yours would too.

werewolf
04-11-2010, 01:31 AM
Carlos Ruiz isn't getting enough exposure in this thread. He just stood in the centre-circle for a couple hours wearing our jersey.

Lombardo at least had an ok game against LA, and made ok sub appearances (Dallas).

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-11-2010, 01:40 AM
There's something a little mean spirited about having Welsh and Lombardo on the list, both to them had their shortcomings as players, but both of them were hard workers who ran themselves into the ground for the club. Sure it takes more than hard work to win games, I think that's going to the lesson TFC learns this year, but having them on list with a pud like Ruiz is hurtful. Welsh scored a tying goal for us (perhaps even TFC's first headed goal).

Also the thread's pretty obviously a exercise in Garcia bashing, after tonights game who is everyone going to vote for?

Brooker
04-11-2010, 03:33 AM
I voted Carlos Ruiz... only bcuz I loved his temper tantrum when he got subbed off in San Jose.

why is Laurent Robert on this list? he's nowhere near the worst player we've ever had. he just gave up when he realized how bad we were.

strangely enough, i wish we still had him.

TFC FORZA RPB
04-11-2010, 05:58 AM
Wow!!!!!!!!!!! :d

gkhs
04-11-2010, 06:34 AM
Other.

I'm not sure how Marco Velez was left off of this list.

onemanbarmyarmy
04-11-2010, 06:38 AM
Harmse.

Shway
04-11-2010, 06:38 AM

I will vouch for Lombardo who was only at the age of 19-20, his experience cannot even be mention to Garcia's experience. He was played as a lone striker!!!!!!!!

I think if Lombardo stayed in the ranks he couldve gotten better, like him playing up front with Dichio or something.

Everyball that was played to him was a long bomb ball remember

so all in all

NICK GARCIA IS THE WORST TFC PLAYER OF ALL TIME

Blazer
04-11-2010, 06:43 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1288/1309065786_19866e6ebe_o.jpg

London
04-11-2010, 06:45 AM
^^^^ caveman !!!!!!!!!

i voted garcia over ruiz, as ruiz did not hurt the team like garcia does

onemanbarmyarmy
04-11-2010, 07:01 AM
If the goal of soccer was to not knock over gatorade containers I would vote Ruiz. As the goal is to score more goals than the other team or not let the other team score I voted Garcia. He is supposed to stop goals from being scored on his keeper and he has a 100% record this year for passing balls to opposing forwards in games(over 100% if you count hammering a ball off your prone and injured keeper and allowing it to land on the foot of the opposing teams DP.) Lest not forget the own goal that he "chested" past Frie last year. Garcia looks like a pub team player on the pitch most of the time. This thread could read worst in any teams starting IX.

gtaguy
04-11-2010, 07:11 AM
WHERE IS THE "THEY ARE ALL WORST PLAYERS EVER" BUTTON .

Im going to go with Garcia on this one becuase it appears he's the player that has hurt this club the most. As for the other players on the list they just failed to show any talent and the club moved on without them..

But Garcia continues to do damage to this squad and possibly the forseeable future

poppamidnight
04-11-2010, 07:13 AM
Garcia is the worst b/c he produced squat, and caused the most goals....

Harmse is second worst b/c he caused the 2nd most goals....

The MF/F don't go on my list simply because their mistakes never lost us games, (merely didn't give us a chance to win them)

felipe
04-11-2010, 07:15 AM
Where the heck is Cuntingham in this list??? He is by far the wort player we ever had - he missed the goal from a foot out! And he was lazy and uninterested - then he leaves and wins the golden boot - he'll eternally have my vote.

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-11-2010, 07:39 AM
Lombardo never scored, but he worked his ass off and actually created a fair bit.

Welsh, while crappy most of the time, was decent in his first few games.

Same with Robert, got crappier as the season went on, but was decent at the start.

Ruiz was here for, what, a month?

Garcia is shit, but where's the infamous Jeff Cunningham?! Without a doubt the worst player in TFC history.

tfc007
04-11-2010, 07:58 AM
Nick Garcia is a fucking waste of sperm!

TFC John
04-11-2010, 08:01 AM
This list falls way short of detailing the truely shit players that we have seen on this team. Clearly it is made out of frustration over the current situation but don't let the shit taste you have in your mouth now make you forget all of the shit you've had to eat before this. Garcia is just the latest flavour of shit being served up to us by the shit-master Mo.

profit89
04-11-2010, 08:43 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0d/Nick_Garcia_2009.jpg

GBV
04-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Garcia.
Hands down.
I don't know how you can't see it yourself, end the embarrassment and just call it a career.

ecospice
04-11-2010, 09:33 AM
I saw a post from Molinaro that made me think....

Before voting for Garcia think of all the possibilities!

Damien

The reason Garcia is the worst is because he seems, for some reason, to be a regular in the starting XI. A lot of others on the list are not - they are depth aquisitions that had promise and potential, but never panned out. At least IMHO.

Pachuco
04-11-2010, 10:09 AM
The reason Garcia is the worst is because he seems, for some reason, to be a regular in the starting XI. A lot of others on the list are not - they are depth aquisitions that had promise and potential, but never panned out. At least IMHO.

Ok I have to say it. How bad is Ty Harden that he plays Garcia's position yet he can't displace him in the starting line up? Is Ty Harden the worst TFC player in the club's history? Or is Preki the worst coach in TFC history? It has to be one or the other for me.

rocker
04-11-2010, 10:14 AM

yeah.. those other guys were turfed pretty quickly after failing. But Garcia gets so many chances to play it's unbelievable.

the other thing is that, sadly, Garcia's fuck ups are so memorable because they lead directly to goals. I can remember exactly the moments when he fucked up. I can't really remember Lombardo's fuckups except in a general sense. But with Garcia, I can remember even the specific screwups from last season (how about that own goal? how about that goal by Conor Casey?)

rocker
04-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Ok I have to say it. How bad is Ty Harden that he plays Garcia's position yet he can't displace him in the starting line up? Is Ty Harden the worst TFC player in the club's history? Or is Preki the worst coach in TFC history? It has to be one or the other for me.

Ty Harden was listed as "questionable" in the injury report yesterday for something wrong with his leg.

trane
04-11-2010, 10:25 AM
The goal by Connor Cassey is one of the worst pieces of defending I have ever seen, Garcia was at the centre, but over were to blame from Wynne, I believe letting the crosser cross without any pressure, to Garcia DOING nothing about it.

werewolf
04-11-2010, 11:32 AM
No Marco Reda or Adam Braz on the list either...though Marco Reda is a nice guy.

nfitz
04-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Surely Diaz Kambere is our worst player ever!

Dirk Diggler
04-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Laurent Robert should not be on the list. Even though he never tried, he was, on most occasions, one of the best players on the field after Guevera.

TFCRegina
04-11-2010, 12:04 PM
None of those scored an own goal when playing against a shitty San Jose, costing us playoffs, except for Garcia.

Serb_Star
04-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Miguel Canizalez?

craigtfc
04-11-2010, 01:09 PM
My vote goes to Chad Barrett

Erkan16
04-11-2010, 01:10 PM
I wouldnt add Laurent Robert to this list.

my choice is either Garcia or Ruiz.

Erkan16
04-11-2010, 01:11 PM
after I posted I read craigtfc's post.... i change my answer to Barrett. I hate this guy.

Davenport
04-11-2010, 01:14 PM
after I posted I read craigtfc's post.... i change my answer to Barrett. I hate this guy.

Sadly, the poll could have been 20 players long.

Correct....Barrett is useless.

Davenport
04-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Nick Garcia is a fucking waste of sperm!

Unless you know to the contrary (and if you do, who's is it), shouldn't it be "was" ?!

Wull
04-11-2010, 01:25 PM
going to get abuse for it but my vote goes to jdg. Hasn't done a damn thing since coming here on a huge salary except piss people off on the team and in the stands

Torcida
04-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Lombardo. He represents everything that is wrong with youth development in Canada.

1. Lombardo
2. Garcia
3. Welsh

The rest didn't play enough games to be mentioned....(Robert wasn't a terrible player just disinterested and lazy)

ecospice
04-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Ty Harden was listed as "questionable" in the injury report yesterday for something wrong with his leg.

Maybe Garcia is going to be kept until Hardin and Gomez are healthy and ready to start...maybe then Garcia will be released.

Any word when Gomez will be fit again?

Bloor West FC
04-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Without a doubt its Garcia he has givin the ball to the other team so many times and the end up scoring last night they just attacked us on the left side and why not garcia is there. Worst player ever in all of MLS!

TFC USA
04-11-2010, 02:15 PM
You know what's really alarming?

The fact that we've got so many shit players in our history and so few decent ones.

TFCRegina
04-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Harmse.

Harmse was decent. You know nothing about what you're talking about.

Davenport
04-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Harmse was decent. You know nothing about what you're talking about.

If you think Harmse was decent the same could be said of you.
He was liable to get sent of anytime.
Clueless and crude.

Davenport
04-11-2010, 03:41 PM

The fact that we've got so many shit players in our history and so few decent ones.

Agreed......and all Johnston's...the tosser.
It would be interesting to know how many players have appeared for TFC in their short 3 and a bit years.

deeznutz
04-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Can't wait till Garcia checks the board!

Stryker
04-11-2010, 04:24 PM
going to get abuse for it but my vote goes to jdg. Hasn't done a damn thing since coming here on a huge salary except piss people off on the team and in the stands
Starting to think you may be right. He didn't want to play here to begin with and it's definetely showing on the field.
He can blame his teammates for not reading his passes all he wants but he's also looking lazy when in possession.

nfitz
04-11-2010, 04:37 PM
It's hard to watch him on TV, with all the camera angles, etc. But when I've had a good view of JdG in the stands at BMO, he's seems to have been very in control of the game, etc. Whether this be true or not now, I don't know ... and I am a bit concerned. Things seemed to calm down in the second game when he came on, and the first game went, quite frankly, better than I expected.

T.O TILL I DIE
04-11-2010, 06:26 PM
I WANT GARCIA TO SEE THIS 156 SAYS HES THE WORSTT * mmuahaha

Brooker
04-11-2010, 06:55 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/nirvana123/garcia.jpg

brad
04-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Where are Adam Braz and Marco Reda?

dag
04-11-2010, 08:15 PM

As I said on page 1 of this thread, I don't know whether to laugh or cry at all this. Your post is all too true!

Damien
04-11-2010, 09:04 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1288/1309065786_19866e6ebe_o.jpg

How could I forget... im ashamed of myself for not putting him in the poll.

My sincere apologies guys.

Braz is total shitballz.

FootieChick
04-11-2010, 09:05 PM
G A R C I A...

I saw him in the hotel lobby and I had to bite my tongue!

NOT AN EASY TASK FOR THIS CHICK!!!!

tfcleeds
04-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Garcia...I figure he's good for gifting the opposition at least one goal per game.

What's funny is that his howler might not even be the worst of the week in MLS...check out Jaime Moreno's goal for DC United against Philly - served to him on a silver platter by the Union keeper.

LesH
04-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Of course, the worst player is without doubt Garcia.

Now, regarding who had the least impact for the team's performance for the salary he's making, sorry, but until now:

Starting to think you may be right. He didn't want to play here to begin with and it's definitely showing on the field.
He can blame his teammates for not reading his passes all he wants but he's also looking lazy when in possession.

^ This

As bad it may sound, nobody else comes close to JDG in this category.
At least until now.

Will this change until the end of this season? We can just hope at this time...

Stouffville_RPB
04-12-2010, 06:49 AM
Garcia.

It's ok to be slow if you play well positionally. Garcia is always caught out of position and can't get back. Can't organize the back line and can't pass the ball. He plays all game everygame and the coach loves him. He makes almost $200,000 and isn't worth $20,000.

Lombardo was young and trying to break into the league but just couldn't cut it at this level. Garcia is a veteran who has been around the league forever so you would expect more from him.

There are so many flaws in Garcia's game. If he has the ball pressure him and he will make a mistake. If you have the ball you can just run by him. If you are making a run you can also just run by him. You can draw him out of position easily to create room for other players.

For so many reason it's Nick Garcia.

Section 117
04-12-2010, 07:49 AM
Nick Garcia hands down. With all due respect to all of the players on this list. He has cost us more games than any of the other players combined.

He is by far the worst professional athelete I have ever see. I wish he would just leave and never come back.

woolly
04-12-2010, 08:04 AM
I'd say that despite Garcia's shortcomings, it has to be Ruiz.

He puts the "FU" in "team"...

Wolfe
04-12-2010, 08:14 AM
I went with Garcia simply for the fact that I don't feel any of the other players cost us games and points

Wolfe
04-12-2010, 08:17 AM
I also vote that we change the FU Columbus chant that we use to do in Columbus to "Fuck you Garcia la-la-la-la-la-la" for the entire season. Another possibility is "Can you see Garcia play? OOOHHHH NNNNOOOO, Can you see Garcia play? OOOHHHH NNNNOOOO, Can you see Garcia play? OOOHHHH NNNNOOOO, He can't play a fucking thing!!!!!! OOOOOOHHHHHH NNNNNOOOOO NNNNNOOOOOO!!!!" or some variation of that.

Dman81
04-12-2010, 08:35 AM
Robert was good... i liked his style

plus he had a gf.. suzie suzie robert!

Carts
04-12-2010, 11:56 AM
The squirrel...

The little bugger ran around on the pitch and never touched the ball or marked his man...

Sure it had speed, but so did Jeff Cunningham...

Carts...

Sid
04-12-2010, 12:00 PM
I also vote that we change the FU Columbus chant that we use to do in Columbus to "Fuck you Garcia la-la-la-la-la-la" for the entire season. Another possibility is "Can you see Garcia play? OOOHHHH NNNNOOOO, Can you see Garcia play? OOOHHHH NNNNOOOO, Can you see Garcia play? OOOHHHH NNNNOOOO, He can't play a fucking thing!!!!!! OOOOOOHHHHHH NNNNNOOOOO NNNNNOOOOOO!!!!" or some variation of that.behiden that i like the Chants for sure we got to do that besides booing him

Carefree
04-12-2010, 12:06 PM
If the question was "Which TFC player had the all-time worst attitude?" I could see Robert as a top contender, but our worst player he was definitely not. In fact he was one of the most talented players we ever had. If only we had had a coach who could give him some motivation to make some kind of effort on the field...

BTW I voted for Lombardo. Because he was a local boy I really wanted to like him, but every time he touched the ball he did fuck all with it.

canadian_bhoy
04-12-2010, 12:42 PM
The squirrel...

The little bugger ran around on the pitch and never touched the ball or marked his man...

Carts...

The Squirrel scored though.

P-NUTZ
04-12-2010, 12:53 PM
I posted this before - Dynamo's Ching on Garcia, after Garcia called Ching's teamate Kamara a 'mental midget' in the press while playing for San Jose:

"They (SJ) got a dummy in the centre of thier defence, and that just gives us motivation to score goals on them. Because they have an idiot on thier team...for me, I wanted to blow them out"

Later that week Houston went to San Jose and beat them 3 -1.

The opposition must relish playing against Garcia. I would.

TFC Tifoso
04-12-2010, 12:57 PM
here is my ranking of 5 worst players in TFC history...

1) Nick Garcia
2) Nick
3) Garcia
4) Nicky G.
5) Garcia, Nick

Stupendous
04-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Garcia is shit

ensco
04-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Surprised Cunningham isn't getting more hate here.

Macksam
04-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Why is Robert on there? He actually brought an attractive style of play at the start of season 2, and was pretty good with the set piece delivery.

TFCUNITED
04-12-2010, 06:16 PM
+1. Who voted Robert as the worst?

T.O TILL I DIE
04-12-2010, 06:46 PM
The squirrel...

Carts...

SIGN THE SQUIRREL

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Surprised Cunningham isn't getting more hate here.
Cunningham will always get plenty of hate from me. :)

TOBOR !
04-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Don't forget that Lombardo made $35K a year and took the bus to games. And as for that Canizalez mention, don't forget that he ended our MLS record goalless drought in year one (remember those 6 games ?).

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-12-2010, 08:39 PM
Collin Samuel also deserves a mention, but like Lombardo, at least he always gave a solid effort and did do some good things, even if he couldn't actually score to save his life.

Zeke_Jones
04-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Garcia and Lombardo should get the tag team belt of shitness. With ali gerba getting the intercontinental because he stunk everywhere, colin samuel gets the hardcore belt for eating all those pies.

tfcleeds
04-12-2010, 10:00 PM
It amazes me reading through this thread just how many shite players have donned the TFC kit.

brad
04-13-2010, 07:38 AM
Garcia has been directly more damaging, but Braz and Reda were both worse players.

Pachuco
04-13-2010, 08:32 AM
I can't believe people are picking on Lombardo and forgetting Adam Braz.

Blizzard
04-13-2010, 09:35 AM
+1. Who voted Robert as the worst?

Ya, I was gonna say! Robert, with the right coaching, would have been a huge asset to this club. By the time he left the bloom was certainly off the rose but Robert was only partially to blame for that.

DemonChief
04-13-2010, 11:06 AM
I'd add Marco Velez before Robert! (Retire the #4 jersey... its a sign of a shit player)

J .
04-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Tough to blame Lombardo, he was overmatched and not ready for MLS. It killed his career. He needed development, not to be thrown to the wolves. I was unhappy with that.

I personally voted for Andy Welsh. I tried to support him while he was here, but he was shit. Out of shape, lack of pace, lack of ability to cross, he did not take his game very seriously. I remember he made one great cross against Houston and that was it. Aside from that he couldnt beat a coffin 1v1.

OneLoveOneEric
04-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Andy Welsh by a mile. I've never seen more of a non-athlete on a professional sports team.

Alonso
04-14-2010, 12:02 AM
How does Laurent Robert even become an option in this poll? The guy was quality...it's not his fault every one of his very good crosses was wasted by Cunningham. He got frustrated and his play suffered. Yours would too.

He was definite quality, we sure could use his corners and free kicks at the moment to...

Pachuco
04-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Tough to blame Lombardo, he was overmatched and not ready for MLS. It killed his career. He needed development, not to be thrown to the wolves. I was unhappy with that.

I personally voted for Andy Welsh. I tried to support him while he was here, but he was shit. Out of shape, lack of pace, lack of ability to cross, he did not take his game very seriously. I remember he made one great cross against Houston and that was it. Aside from that he couldnt beat a coffin 1v1.

I remember him scoring on a header. I think it was father's day against Dallas in that 4-0 wooping. I could be wrong though. That's alot more then I can say for Garcia. I do remember him scoring, except it was in our own net.

AdamoTheGreat
04-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Chad Barrett

TFC OZZ
04-14-2010, 08:08 PM
I remember him scoring on a header. I think it was father's day against Dallas in that 4-0 wooping. I could be wrong though. That's alot more then I can say for Garcia. I do remember him scoring, except it was in our own net.

Lombardo never scored in league play, but I think he scored against Aston Villa. As for Welsh, he scored on a header against Houston in a 1 - 0 victory at home on a rainy night if I recall correctly.

ag futbol
04-14-2010, 11:28 PM
If these even counts I'd say Diaz Kambre was the worst player I've ever seen play "professionally" in my life. It was one game where we were short and vancouver loaned us players.

No coordination, no sense of position, touch of an elephant, vision of Stevie Wonder, slightly above average speed (we can teach him everything else later, what an athlete!). Absolute, unquestionable, shit.

Even the guys we call complete junk, I can think of at least one way where they used the little skill or attributes they had to affect the game positively in some way. Kambre had nothing but speed, and he didn't have the slightest clue of how to use it to his advantage, he added zero value on the field, which is why i'd call him the worst ever.

Pachuco
04-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Lombardo never scored in league play, but I think he scored against Aston Villa. As for Welsh, he scored on a header against Houston in a 1 - 0 victory at home on a rainy night if I recall correctly.

Yes, that's the one. I was referring to Andy Welsh. There you go, he won a game for us. Garcia has lost how many? :)

jloome
04-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Lombardo started well in his first game with that cross which Mo Edu finished. That and his role in the Cdn team before the U20 disaster probably lead to some heightened expectations that never should have been.

Garcia? Came as a much needed CB, with a massive price tag... has he ever had a praise-worthy performance with us? Has any other player single handedly blew so many games for us in the number of games that Garcia's been allowed to play? Lets remember Marvell has had 2 years to do the damage he did :D

Lombardo was trained to be a target forward, not a striker. The pressure on him, and the role he was put into, weren't fair to begin with.

jloome
04-15-2010, 12:41 PM

he scored against villa

Red CB Toronto
04-15-2010, 01:00 PM
I will never throw anyone who has had the honor of wearing the Red under the bus.

Shame On you for even thinking of it.

AL-MO
04-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Andy Welsh.

Warm bag of piss he was.

Mr. Bigby
04-15-2010, 01:13 PM
How quickly everyone has forgotten the uselessness that was Kevin Harmse!

Pookie
04-15-2010, 01:15 PM
Agreed with the Ruiz voters. All kinds of hype. The only thing he did here was collect a paycheck.

Garcia is the target of the day but he did set up our only goal of the season with a great ball into the box for DeRo... though he has set up 3 for the opposition as well. I guess he's a -2 in the Goal Differential department.

At least he is noticed out there. Ruiz on the other hand...