PDA

View Full Version : The Charade is Over!

Batman
04-10-2010, 08:38 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that Mo has no clue how to build a team. :banghead:

MLSE must understand it now as well.

How many days left?

ag futbol
04-10-2010, 08:41 PM
nah it's not over yet, MLSE still have no concept of what they are into. He will get minimum to the summer window.

Batman
04-10-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm afraid you are right. They will be slow with the trigger... but we can all hope!!!!

[NBF]
04-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Return Your Tickets Thread should be up and running! If you actually care about this team, you have to return your season and game tickets.

Gixmo
04-10-2010, 08:50 PM
It would be nice, and certainly warranted, but I'd be very surprised to see MoJo released before the season is done...

... However, I would love to eat these words

Super
04-10-2010, 08:52 PM
A LOT of people were chanting for Mo to be fired tonight. It'll be worse on Thursday - and especially if we lose.

Beach_Red
04-10-2010, 08:53 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that Mo has no clue how to build a team. :banghead:

MLSE must understand it now as well.

How many days left?

What makes you thik MLSE know anything at all? I'm a little shocked that with all thee of their teams playing like shit you would expect them to have some answers.

Anything less than cleaning out the boardroom would be a disgrace.

marquis
04-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong: there are no players from season 1 on this year's team! What exactly has been built here? ...and I think Ibrahim is the only player from season 2. It's ridiculous!!!

arbogast
04-10-2010, 09:09 PM
MLSE know F$%K all about soccer...come to think about it, they know f#$k all about any sport their teams play.

Mo will be here for the season. I get the impression that though Preki decides who makes the roster, he's focused on coaching, he doesn't seem to have much patience or interst in what other teams are doing personnel wise and couldn't be bothered with all the negotiation bs Mo deals with

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong: there are no players from season 1 on this year's team! What exactly has been built here? ...and I think Ibrahim is the only player from season 2. It's ridiculous!!!

You're wrong. Gala and Attakora are year one players, they were both on the dev. roster. Gala started 2 (or 3?) games that year.

marquis
04-10-2010, 09:13 PM
OK, I stand corrected, but my point is still valid. Everything feels like season 1 again...

Batman
04-10-2010, 09:14 PM
MLSE know F$%K all about soccer...come to think about it, they know f#$k all about any sport their teams play.

Mo will be here for the season. I get the impression that though Preki decides who makes the roster, he's focused on coaching, he doesn't seem to have much patience or interst in what other teams are doing personnel wise and couldn't be bothered with all the negotiation bs Mo deals with

You are right. At least with the Leafs and Raptors they went out and hired someone the thought was a top notch leader, that had winning track record with other teams.

Mo had a losing track record before coming here... he seemed to be brought in on a tight budget, before they knew the money would be as good as its been.

Clearly they have the wherewithal to at least TRY to go out and hire someone that they think is at the top echelon with a winning history... whether it works or not is another matter... (see raptors)

But its time to get to it.. we are spinning our wheels and going backwards.

tfc2007
04-10-2010, 09:15 PM
I am afraid of how ugly this may get.

Beach_Red
04-10-2010, 09:18 PM
You are right. At least with the Leafs and Raptors they went out and hired someone the thought was a top notch leader, that had winning track roecird with other teams.

Mo had a losing track record before coming here... he seemed to be brought in on a tight budget, before they knew the money would be as good as its been.

Clearly they have the wherewithal to at least TRY to go out and hire someone that they think is at the top echelon with a winning history... whether it works or not is another matter...

And yet, at the press conference there was Anselmi joking around, saying, "Mo must be squirming," but Anselmi's not squirming is he? None of the senior manegement is squirming. That's the problem.

Of course they'll just keep replacing GMs. Imagine if you could hire people, watch them screw up and then just hire someone else again and again and no one ever questions your abilities?

What a sweet gig.

SilverSamurai
04-10-2010, 09:37 PM
And yet, at the press conference there was Anselmi joking around, saying, "Mo must be squirming," but Anselmi's not squirming is he? None of the senior manegement is squirming. That's the problem.

Of course they'll just keep replacing GMs. Imagine if you could hire people, watch them screw up and then just hire someone else again and again and no one ever questions your abilities?

What a sweet gig.
While what you say is true, MLSE has said plenty of time they're not soccer people and that they're learning as they go.
Why they don't hire someone who is experienced is beyond me though. Crazy MLS rules? I dunno...

Wagner
04-10-2010, 09:42 PM
if TFC comes out on Thursday and shit the bed at home...MoJo might finally get the axe.

Beach_Red
04-10-2010, 09:47 PM
While what you say is true, MLSE has said plenty of time they're not soccer people and that they're learning as they go.
Why they don't hire someone who is experienced is beyond me though. Crazy MLS rules? I dunno...

No, it's not the rules, they're just cheap. They get what they pay for - they got the only managemnt staff their cheap, short-term contracts could attract. Would Sigi Schmidt have come to run an expansion team on a one year contract? Would Steve Nicol have done it on those terms? With almost no support staff? Of course not.

And they know they can get away with it because Toronto fans always pick players and coaches to blame.

Kevvv
04-10-2010, 09:49 PM
if TFC comes out on Thursday and shit the bed at home...MoJo might finally get the axe.

I think that's a genuine possibility. Maybe not by Friday, but not long. If they have unsold seats, and the MLS Cup in half a year, they have to know that the status quo won't do - it will cost them money.

Batman
04-10-2010, 09:50 PM
And yet, at the press conference there was Anselmi joking around, saying, "Mo must be squirming," but Anselmi's not squirming is he? None of the senior management is squirming. That's the problem.

What a sweet gig.

True. It is a sweet deal.

Although I don't think anyone here is really concerned about Anselmi. He's not selecting players.

He's probably granted 1 do over on the GM side. I'll give him that.

Mo, plain and simple has the soccer side of TFC in his total control.

He's the guy who's had our team short handed to start every year. He's the guy who's continually had a revolving door spinning with players HE has chosen.

He's the guy who's had a losing record every year in his ENTIRE management history. (other than the first year in NY when he took over with a few games remaining.... he also lost immediately that year in the first round of the playoffs.)

That's 7 years... with only 1 playoff appearance... and an immediate loss at that.

Has anyone else in this league failed this much and remained employed? I'm sure the answer is no!

He's the guy who had tried to fool us every week with his non stop BS.

The buck stops with him... and frankly, with him.. the bucks will stop.

Enough is enough with this clown! He may have a future in soccer... but I'm damned sure it wont be as a GM with this track record.

Nerepis
04-10-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm in the hotel the players are in, they didn't even have the balls to come thru the front door after the game. Mo must go!

stretchthetruth
04-10-2010, 09:57 PM
No, it's not the rules, they're just cheap. They get what they pay for - they got the only managemnt staff their cheap, short-term contracts could attract. Would Sigi Schmidt have come to run an expansion team on a one year contract? Would Steve Nicol have done it on those terms? With almost no support staff? Of course not.

And they know they can get away with it because Toronto fans always pick players and coaches to blame.

*see brian mccabe

Kevvv
04-10-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm in the hotel the players are in, they didn't even have the balls to come thru the front door after the game. Mo must go!

Benefit of the doubt, maybe they're too embarassed? As they ought to be.

twistedchinaman
04-10-2010, 10:02 PM
True. It is a sweet deal.

Although I don't think anyone here is really concerned about Anselmi. He's not selecting players.

He's probably granted 1 do over on the GM side. I'll give him that.

Mo, plain and simple has the soccer side of TFC in his total control.

He's the guy who's had our team short handed to start every year. He's the guy who's continually had a revolving door spinning with players HE has chosen.

He's the guy who's had a losing record every year in his ENTIRE management history. (other than the first year when he took over with a few games remaining.... he also lost immediately that year in the first round of the playoffs.)

That's 7 years... with only 1 playoff appearance... and an immediate loss at that.

Has anyone else in this league failed this much and remained emplyed?

He's the guy who had tried to fool us every week with his non stop BS.

The buck stops with him... and frankly, with him.. the bucks will stop.

Enough is enough with this clown!

Exactly -- Anselmi isn't the one who is signing the players or going out to find them. That's Johnston's job -- what Anselmi is guilty of is letting the loser have too much leash.

twistedchinaman
04-10-2010, 10:02 PM

As he should have been after the New York debacle.

Sonny Cheeba
04-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Benefit of the doubt, maybe they're too embarassed? As they ought to be.

i bet they're all out drinking and trying to bone girls in pink redsox hats.

Kevvv
04-10-2010, 10:38 PM
I knew I shoulda gone. Are these cute girls? Not that it would be the deciding factor.

Sonny Cheeba
04-10-2010, 10:51 PM
probably cute until they open their mouthes and sound like ben affleck

Kevvv
04-10-2010, 10:57 PM
or Peter Griffin.

Gazza
04-10-2010, 11:21 PM
Wicked Haaaad!

DOMIN8R
04-10-2010, 11:24 PM
If Mo goes - what's to say Anselmi doesn't make the same mistake twice. T.A. doesn't know football. He knows sports. Right? I mean, a professional engineer with experience managing venues like arenas and other facilities must know how to hire sports management for 3 North American sports teams. After all, the 3 franchises are performing so well.

Oh, wait.....

Maybe Tom Anselmi is the problem.

Beach_Red
04-11-2010, 12:01 AM
As he should have been after the New York debacle.

I wish we could get the same solution as New York - new owners.

Plenty of coaches and GMs remain employed without winning anything - New England is 0-4 in championship games - and look at Pat Quinn, the guy ran NHL teams for over thirty years and never won a cup, people keep hiring him.

Sure, the GM picks the players but there's more to it than that. The culture of losing at MLSE is deeply embedded and there are no consequences at a high enough level. They need to do some serious housecleaning wy beyond middle-management.

canadian_bhoy
04-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Obviously MLSE seems to think that Mo is doing a good job. What will it take before they realize what everyone else clearly sees - mo is the problem.

Mo hasn't come close to putting a TEAM together in 4 years.

We're ten players short of having an actual team. In 4 years we've never had close to a complete team until may (aka 5 games into the season).

Mo signs JDG. A guy who's role is to provide good service to players who can put the ball in the net. Only problem is that Mo couldn't sign a top striker to save his life.

4-1. Too bad it wasn't 10-1. Get him out. TFC. OPEN YOUR EYES. MO IS A FUCKING DISASTER AND HASN'T BUILT SHIT IN 4 YEARS. CUT YOUR LOSES AND STOP MAKING US LOOK LIKE THE JOKE OF THE LEAGUE.

2007 - bad. 2008 - better. 2009 kinda beter. 2010 Worst ever.

BoJangles
04-11-2010, 12:10 AM
Last Place. That's it.

Laurignano
04-11-2010, 12:26 AM
Sigh....

whatajoke
04-11-2010, 12:26 AM
as long as we sell out home games Mo's got a job...

we need a bigger stadium

twistedchinaman
04-11-2010, 12:31 AM
I wish we could get the same solution as New York - new owners.

Plenty of coaches and GMs remain employed without winning anything - New England is 0-4 in championship games - and look at Pat Quinn, the guy ran NHL teams for over thirty years and never won a cup, people keep hiring him.

Sure, the GM picks the players but there's more to it than that. The culture of losing at MLSE is deeply embedded and there are no consequences at a high enough level. They need to do some serious housecleaning wy beyond middle-management.

Quinn gets improvement -- once the team improves he's axed.

Mo Johnston doesn't get anything -- and he ought to be axed.

Laurignano
04-11-2010, 12:38 AM
The main issue is the turn over on this team is horrible (in regards to coach and players). How can we expect our teams to win w/o having a chance to build chemistry? I feel bad for who ever is coming in next because they have a lot of work to do to fix this mess.

FOGES
04-11-2010, 12:40 AM
time to start boycotting the concessions.......

seriously folks, wake up! stop feeding the gongshow...gotta start somewhere

FOGES
04-11-2010, 01:03 AM
i just cant believe that we hired preki (even before MLS cup last year i think) and he and his staff (including Mo) had months to work out a rough plan or direction for this team and here were are already into the season with no clear idea of whats around the corner. i sincerely hope theres a hugely positive twist in the story very soon

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-11-2010, 01:12 AM
^ This is a big week for the team, the home opener and the closing of the MLS transfer window. Both could pivotal to this season. The team needs at least a couple players and they need to show that they can lift their game at home.

onemanbarmyarmy
04-11-2010, 06:54 AM
This season Mo has his built-in excuses:
1. Preki is "redesigning" the team so any bad player moves are his fault.
2. The CBA and impending strike had his hands tied for player signings.

Believe me this will be his mantra for the rest of the season. This is by far the worst sports organization I have ever seen. Players "retiring" AFTER the start of the regular season, fan favourites being dealt without any professional "courtesies" from the club, Nick Garcia. The ship is sinking. I don't usually bash Mo but he has had his chance. To be honest we were getting better last season but the loss in NY spooked everyone.

deeznutz
04-11-2010, 07:27 AM
My eyes hurt

koryo
04-11-2010, 07:54 AM
If MLSE wants to be seen as a fit and proper owner, then they need to fix their front office ASAP.

That means Johnston, that means Brennan, that means all the incompetence done away with.

If they fail to take the responsibility of righting this ship - and doing it right this time - then it's MLSE who are the ultimately guilty of dereliction across the board.

They gave Mo a free hand on the football side because they know even less than he does. I mean hell, their PR is even a shambles. And how fucking thick can you be to fuck up PR? It's failed journalism for christ's sake.

Their business.

Their mistakes.

Their stupidity.

Their fault.

End of.

I'm beginning to side with Beach Red.

That shower of shit we watched last night comes down to MLSE. Now if they really only care about making money they're in for a shock: not many people around here are going to keep paying to watch a side so bad that a Sunday league team could beat them.

Are you listening Tom? Paul? Anyone? Do you even have the slightest idea how terrible this team of yours is? What are you going to do about it?

ensco
04-11-2010, 09:09 AM
If Mo goes - what's to say Anselmi doesn't make the same mistake twice. T.A. doesn't know football. He knows sports. Right? I mean, a professional engineer with experience managing venues like arenas and other facilities must know how to hire sports management for 3 North American sports teams. After all, the 3 franchises are performing so well.

Oh, wait.....

Maybe Tom Anselmi is the problem.

How do we link up with the right groups at tmlfans.ca and raptorsforum.com site to get on this properly?

Has anything ever been more freaking obvious in your life?

Getting rid of Mo isn't enough. It doesn't fix the root cause.

Anselmi and Peddie are responsible, for all of it, and they have to go.

Cashcleaner
04-11-2010, 09:20 AM

You know what? I think you could be exactly right. If we end up stinking up the pitch this week against Philly, the crowd will be (rightfully) calling for blood. There's a certain detachment from fans and owners alike when it comes to road loses, but there is no doubt in my mind that all eyes will be locked on Mo this Thursday and he will be under serious pressure to succeed.

canadian_bhoy
04-11-2010, 09:26 AM
The sad thing is that we're going to win on thursday and tfc will sit back and say, see it's not that bad. The fans are just a bunch of overreacting whiners. They don't see the hard work mo does every day.

J .
04-11-2010, 09:29 AM
;970355']Return Your Tickets Thread should be up and running! If you actually care about this team, you have to return your season and game tickets.

Please so I can get tickets to games.

:scarf:

Beach_Red
04-11-2010, 09:35 AM
This season Mo has his built-in excuses:
1. Preki is "redesigning" the team so any bad player moves are his fault.
2. The CBA and impending strike had his hands tied for player signings.

Yes, and it's his bosses at MLSE that handed him these excuses, so of course they accept them.

Do you think Preki and Mo wanted to wait until the season started to sign players? Do you think maybe when they were told not to sign anyone until the CBA was signed they said that would really hurt the team's competitiveness and their bosses said, yes, we know, but don't worry about it?

Do you think when Carver quit anyone wanted to go with a promoted assistant, or do you think the bosses said, "Don't spend any money on another coach until the end of the season, let's see how far we can get without spending any more."

These are terrible excuses, but whose are they really? That's where the problem is and that's where it has to be fixed.

Pachuco
04-11-2010, 09:38 AM

It's really not hard to get tickets. Just to go Ticketmaster.

Bombonera
04-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think Raptor fans care enough, and Leaf Fans have been "conditioned" to accept mediocrity...

We are the only ones out there expressing outrage, and unfortunately, we are the new kids on the block, and TFC represents a rather small property relative to the NBA and NHL franchises...

I gather tickets to the TFC are starting to get "heavy". Truly the only way the Anselmi's and/orr Peddie's go is if the $'s don't flow. But I am sure they know that.

I think that the Philly game is a big deal. If we get crushed (and the Raptors don't make the playoffs), I think MLSE is going to be a tough work environment, and MO's head will be the first cut.

WHat is going on wiith our team is really embarassing... Unfortunately, I won't likely give up my season seats, nor will anyone else... ALthough if some do, they will regrest having done away with our beloved beer garden. The garden might have prooved to be the only sustainable revenue stream out at BMO...

rocker
04-11-2010, 09:57 AM
ALthough if some do, they will regrest having done away with our beloved beer garden. The garden might have prooved to be the only sustainable revenue stream out at BMO...

they sell beer elsewhere in the stadium.. not sure what you mean by that. and they will still have that beer garden beer stand, just closer to the Food building.

you can still stand in the beer garden and watch the game.

deeznutz
04-11-2010, 10:05 AM
The sad thing is that we're going to win on thursday and tfc will sit back and say, see it's not that bad. The fans are just a bunch of overreacting whiners. They don't see the hard work mo does every day.

You hit the nail on the head.......

Bombonera
04-11-2010, 10:11 AM
I am sorry, but after 3 solid years of aboslutely terrible decision making, I for one don't think there is much overreacting going on...

Look at Seattle. It sure doesn't look like the Turf got in their way.

How much mindless BS are we going to put up with?

trane
04-11-2010, 10:12 AM
We need to start over. Start over as if it day one, other then we already have a roster, a completly new FO has to be brought in, and they need to rebuild from the ground up. This ship is sailing in the wrong direction and slowly sinking we need a new ship. I am ready to go through another losing season BUT only if we rebuild this and rebuild it right.

Dozitwin
04-11-2010, 10:14 AM

Attakora & Gala have been with the Team since year 1 I believe.

trane
04-11-2010, 10:14 AM

This is such a short sighted silly comment, that has been made over and over again by those living of the MLSE cool aid.

Kevvv
04-11-2010, 10:16 AM
We need to start over. Start over as if it day one, other then we already have a roster, a completly new FO has to be brought in, and they need to rebuild from the ground up. This ship is sailing in the wrong direction and slowly sinking we need a new ship. I am ready to go through another losing season BUT only if we rebuild this and rebuild it right.

Don't we start over every season, after it starts?

TFCtoMUFC
04-11-2010, 10:20 AM
I am in with the boycott concessions group. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THE CONCESSIONS. I hope it doesn't come down to boycotting games.

trane
04-11-2010, 10:22 AM
^ Yes, but with the same people at the helm, we need a ship captain, or it is always going to be the same.

I say the only one that stays FOR now is Preki, while I am not convinced about him, I was excited to see him here, but I am not sure how a defensive guru, starts Garcia at CB, he can stay for the transitional period to see if he has something, for real.

Bombonera
04-11-2010, 10:31 AM
SEriously..how does a defensive Guru like PREKI start Garcia... wrong thread, but great question... I have to hope it is not becasue he is considered a good Mentor... Argh.

trane
04-11-2010, 10:46 AM
^ I was happy, that we finally signed someone who was defense first, in particularly because, you can win playing a defensive game, with a weaker roster. BUT you do not do that by putting such a defensive liability right at the midle of the defense.

Beach_Red
04-11-2010, 10:49 AM
^ Yes, but with the same people at the helm, we need a ship captain, or it is always going to be the same.

I say the only one that stays FOR now is Preki, while I am not convinced about him, I was excited to see him here, but I am not sure how a defensive guru, starts Garcia at CB, he can stay for the transitional period to see if he has something, for real.

Preki is with First Wave, too, so would anything really change? Wo is really calling the shots with this team?

Gazza
04-11-2010, 10:51 AM
If you bring signs in reading "Don't Feed The Cash Machine" and stand beside the concessions, how long do you think it would take you to be escorted out?

Krasno.pL.
04-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Preki is with First Wave, too, so would anything really change? Wo is really calling the shots with this team?
Whered u hear that?

Sure FirstWave is alll over the MLS ... but didnt hear Preki knew Barry or Paul

Beach_Red
04-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Whered u hear that?

Sure FirstWave is alll over the MLS ... but didnt hear Preki knew Barry or Paul

It's on their web site. And so is John Carver - Plymouth Argyle.

Dirk Diggler
04-11-2010, 11:16 AM
It's on their web site. And so is John Carver - Plymouth Argyle.

Might as well rename us to FWFC.

Wull
04-11-2010, 01:34 PM
I am in with the boycott concessions group. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THE CONCESSIONS. I hope it doesn't come down to boycotting games.
I think we're all going to need :drinking:to get through Thursday night tbh

Macksam
04-11-2010, 10:18 PM

I have no idea where you're going with this comment. Pat Quinn is a great coach who has taken the Vancouver Canucks and Philadelphia Flyers to the Stanley Cup finals, achieving a NHL record 35 game unbeaten streak with the latter, took TML to a couple semi final appearances and coached Canada to Olympic Gold. If you think that was a "typical, cheap MLSE decision", you have no idea what you're talking about.

Beach_Red
04-11-2010, 10:28 PM
I have no idea where you're going with this comment. Pat Quinn is a great coach who has taken the Vancouver Canucks and Philadelphia Flyers to the Stanley Cup finals, achieving a NHL record 35 game unbeaten streak with the latter, took TML to a couple semi final appearances and coached Canada to Olympic Gold. If you think that was a "typical, cheap MLSE decision", you have no idea what you're talking about.

Yes, I like Quinn, I was just pointing out to Batman that sometimes good guys don't win the big one.

Macksam
04-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Yes, I like Quinn, I was just pointing out to Batman that sometimes good guys don't win the big one.
I had a feeling that might have been case. For a second, I thought you were insinuating Quinn was just another bad MLSE decision. I apologize for that.:drinking:

OneLoveOneEric
04-12-2010, 06:49 AM
I've made up my mind. Fuck protest ideas. I'm not going to the game thursday. PM me if you want my 4 seats in 114.