04-10-2010, 08:30 PM
well it couldve been worse ahaha

MG42
04-10-2010, 08:31 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=271&pictureid=2306

Marc"2L"
To the guy that quoted me about the opener:

Have you NEVER herd of fans missing parts of games because of ridiculous activity.

Which is what this is.

Did you forget about Dichio?
Did you forget about Brennan?
Did you forget that 75% of the players we "bring in" are represented by the same agency?*

Do I have to keep going?

**Made up stat but it's been stated before that a certain sports agency has supplied a REALLY disproportionate amount of our players.

dag
Hats off to all the TFC supporters who attended the game in Boston. You looked great.

What a shame that the team let you down so.

Gixmo
This thread will soon catch on fire... I shall ignore it.

Well done to the away support who went the entire distance. They did not give up supporting.

ManUtd4ever
The Jeckyl and Hyde act started right after Garcia's mistake. It's no coincidence. TFC was energetic and positionally sound up until that moment. Momentum can take on a life of it's own in this game. I would support any organized protest to voice our opinion on this issue. It's truly sad that it would have to come down to this...

Whoop
What I was trying to say.

The supporters down there will have a good time I just feel bad that they had to watch that shameful display of defending.

ag futbol
Well the moral of the story here (and 2 of the last three seasons) is that you can't expect to create a squad days from the season and not duff a bunch of games.

Regardless of how this team eventually comes together it's unacceptable to come into a year (yet again) not prepared.

dannyd
woohoo nick garcia you're fucking marco reda in disguise

Gazza
Kaberle just did his best Nick Garcia impersonation.

ArmenJBX
04-10-2010, 08:32 PM
I don't really mind that we lost by so much.
I don't care that we only scored one goal.
I can forgive the players for this loss.
I realize there's still 28 games to go.
It's a long season, and I'll watch and support everytime I can.
I do mind that Nick Garcia makes us lose
I do care that he causes multiple goals
I can't forgive that CB for this loss.
I realize that there's still 28 games to go, and Garcia may be starting them.
It's a long season, and I'll still watch and support everytime I can.

werewolf
For who?

Nice Garcia.

Bars92
just another TFC road classic. All they want to do is play the ball back to Frei leading to all those mistakes. Preki needs to sort this out and get rid of Garcia please!

justin
04-10-2010, 08:33 PM
we're horrible. discuss.

Brooker
really good game. great effort all around. new england lucky to squeak out a win.

i think we can build on that game. hold your heads up high, TFC.

they deserve a standing ovation.

gtaguy
Garcia has no reason being in this club. Mo Jo is eigtherwise following corporate rules or hes making shit up as we speak. Find us a decent defender and a quality striker. Someone to complement what we already have... Jimmy B you just commited suicide by allowing your name to even be 10 miles close to Mo johnston.

You guys better get your shit together before thursdays game that all i gotta say.

dannyd
DeRo's first job as captain should be to give Garcia a chocolate swirly...

KezmanCCCC
TFC in shambles

Batman
04-10-2010, 08:34 PM
This board has been depressing lately... I predict downright ugly now.

M O M U S T G O !

TOBOR !
woohoo nick garcia you're fucking marco reda in disguise

you owe Marco Reda an apology

T.O TILL I DIE

Have you NEVER herd of fans missing parts of games because of ridiculous activity.

Which is what this is.

Did you forget that 75% of the players we "bring in" are represented by the same agency?*

Do I have to keep going?

**Made up stat but it's been stated before that a certain sports agency has supplied a REALLY disproportionate amount of our players.

what our you talking about seriosuly ...you said that we shouldnt go to the home opener, ya im sorry but most of us on this site is an actuall fan of toronto fc and cant wait to reach the home opener.

TFC USA
This game should signal the end of Mo if he was at any other club. That was his defense getting raped by a rookie. That was his fucking useless defender Garcia getting torched on the 2nd. Our awful depth in the backline showed there. But we've got draft picks!

I'm done with Mo. As far as I'm concerned we have zero shot at the playoffs with this man in charge. If he gets sacked tomorrow that glimmer of hope may be reopened.

Oh, and fuck Garcia.

TOBOR !
DeRo ruins my 4-0 prediction

Kevvv
04-10-2010, 08:35 PM
How many did Garcia cost us tonight?

So is the 2007 coach of the year an idiot? Is he forced to play Garcia and not allowed to pull him? Does he see something that everyone else seems to miss? Or are his options so limited that he has no choice?

billyfly
04-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Jays win 3-0!

deeznutz
Nice Garcia.

Dont even care about the "e" and "k" mix up!

Shway

thats all folks, jimmy gave up on garcia

Kevvv
04-10-2010, 08:37 PM

M O M U S T G O !

True enough, sadly it's a fairly accurate barometer of the feeling out there.

anonymiss
04-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Jays win 3-0!

You should have just said 3-0 for Toronto... give those who haven't heard some hope... :smilielol5:

T.O TILL I DIE
04-10-2010, 08:38 PM
this game gave me diareahh!!!!!!

MFG1
Season 4! Show Mo the door!

TOBOR !
How many did Garcia cost us tonight?

So is the 2007 coach of the year an idiot? Is he forced to play Garcia and not allowed to pull him? Does he see something that everyone else seems to miss? Or are his options so limited that he has no choice?

I'm thinking that he has a philosophy and his players haven't sorted it out yet. The pity of it all is that he requires players of a certain quality, of which he lacks.

dannyd
there is only 1 reason why this happened. Mo is going to make a "how not to defend" dvd and make millions selling it.

billyfly
I wish we could add up all the scores.

[NBF]
http://www.desales.edu/assets/desales/discernment/imgs/donkey-pulling-cart.jpg

Horrible fucking game. This was all Preki. No doubt about that, I told you he was under the Chivas (CD guadalajara) umbrella. Hes a fucking joke.

Whoop
04-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Methinks that when Nick Garcia is announced in the starting lineup on Thursday he will be the first member of TFC history to ever be booed.

billyfly
Habs make the playoffs. 3-3 tie in reg. They get their point. Shit.

TFC USA
Only good moment of the game was DeRo shutting us all the fuck up with that goal.

ArmenJBX
thats all folks, jimmy gave up on garcia

hehehe.. I guess so.

I look back now and realize how foolish I was. Oh the ignorance of youth.
I'm older now, and perhaps a little wiser, and with that wisdom, I can say...

Nick Garcia sucks.

dannyd
great I'm watching DeRo on a fucking poker stars commercial. I guess thats what these guys are doing instead of fucking training....

deeznutz
04-10-2010, 08:40 PM
See you at BMO on thursday

gtaguy

dude we all watch and support... its always the same ppl here . we just like to bitch becuase we love the sport and the teams we support. Its not a bad thing to want to ask for better . I have been watching footy over 30 years and the most important part of a team is the supporters and what they think .. Im with you .. i will follow this club to infinity but atleast allow us to show our disfavor of losing in the way we suit it best.. No one is leaving this club becuase of shit loses.. we just want to entertain the events that developed and the ways it can be corrected.

anonymiss
Methinks that when Nick Garcia is announced in the starting lineup on Thursday he will be the first member of TFC history to ever be booed.

The sad part is, I don't doubt this happening. It's a sad state of affairs for a fan when they feel they can legitimately boo a player...

lazlo_80
Right now we have no answer for speedy offensive players.

RYANTFC
04-10-2010, 08:41 PM
nick garcia...smashing player, great hair as well

DichioTFC

M O M U S T G O !

This board aspires to ugly. Calling this board ugly is an offense to the word "ugly".... I could go on.

TOBOR !
Jays win 3-0!

TFC makes me want to watch baseball

TFC USA

This is one of the rare moments where I hope he is. Then again it's not his fault that management fucked up so badly they can't dump his ass and our defense is so thin.

DichioTFC
04-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Right now we have no answer for speedy offensive players.

Thats actually very damn true. We had that problem before but Marvel could mark if worse came to worst. But that's a really good observation that I never considered and I don't think anyone else has either.

Beach_Red
The Jeckyl and Hyde act started right after Garcia's mistake. It's no coincidence. TFC was energetic and positionally sound up until that moment. Momentum can take on a life of it's own in this game. I would support any organized protest to voice our opinion on this issue. It's truly sad that it would have to come down to this...

This is true, but very sad. You get the feeling that it wil be the same when Gacia is gone and someone else makes the mistake. They just give up. The final game last year against New York, but also the final game of the seasn before that against San Jose. It happens all the time.

gtaguy

:picard:

S_D
what a painful second half. Can't they just buy Garcia out? Or don't we have enough players to do that lol.

Ah well, another game my mind will block out and back to the positive vibes for the home opener.

TFC07
I wouldn't be surprised if TFC gets booed on home opener.

TOBOR !
;970269']http://www.desales.edu/assets/desales/discernment/imgs/donkey-pulling-cart.jpg

Horrible fucking game. This was all Preki. No doubt about that, I told you he was under the Chivas (CD guadalajara) umbrella. Hes a fucking joke.

Someone help Nick down from there

DichioTFC

i should've mentioned with that "leaf fans" comment that i'm a habs fan.
:D

Chevy
04-10-2010, 08:43 PM

Crazy thing is, I don't think anybody thinks he WON'T be in the starting lineup come Thursday.

drewski

@Adam (http://twitter.com/Adam) Radwanski Holding this edition of the #Leafs (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Leafs) to a regulation tie has to be the lamest thing #Habs (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Habs) fans have ever

@perreaux (http://twitter.com/perreaux) a standing ovation for the #Habs (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Habs) tying the 29th place team puts a final nail in the decline of the once great franchise. #Leafs (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Leafs) 2 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/_drewski/status/11966537985) via web

Whoop
The sad part is, I don't doubt this happening. It's a sad state of affairs for a fan when they feel they can legitimately boo a player...

Exactly. You shouldn't have to... but I see it happening.

I for one will not say anything.

ForestGlade
"We were just like 'what happened?'"
-Preki

billyfly

Join me fellow RPBs at Christie Pits on a lazy summer Sunday afternoon.

TOBOR !
:picard:
yeah, well, not really - I was being dramatic.

Gixmo
Preki looks lost...

Mistake, Mistake, Mistake, Mistake..
... Been a trend here 'team gives up goal, heads go down, run around, play thier own game'

Preki is spot on.. Jason DeVos, is spot on..

'The Columbus Crew did NOT win for 9 games.. and won the East'
Preach on Preki, Preach on.. Some of here will SUPPORT you.

DichioTFC
04-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Methinks that when Nick Garcia is announced in the starting lineup on Thursday he will be the first member of TFC history to ever be booed en mass.

/Fixed

gtaguy
All i care is that Philly doesn't come to our town and make us look bad... First win for them in only their second outing..

T.O TILL I DIE
I wouldn't be surprised if TFC gets booed on home opener.

why would we boo the team lmao
i wouldnt be surprised if we boo garcia though:)

billyfly
30 wins! Leafs win.

drewski
04-10-2010, 08:45 PM
leafs won..ya :(

anonymiss
04-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Even the Leafs can get a W tonight...even if it was in in OT. Oy.

DichioTFC
04-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Preki looks lost...

... Been a trend here 'team gives up goal, heads go down, run around, play thier own game'

i still support Preki, but i have to admit that its wavering.

Beach_Red
I'm thinking that he has a philosophy and his players haven't sorted it out yet. The pity of it all is that he requires players of a certain quality, of which he lacks.

And he had the whole off season to bring in those players and didn't - I doubt that was his choice and I understand he's not about to say anything publicly about his bosses, but someone should.

Oldtimer
The Good: I have never seen TFC play so hard. Preki has got some way of getting these players to play hard, even when they are down.

The Bad: Preki shreded this team to get his type of guys in. All the team needed was a defender, someone on the wing, and a goal scoring forward. What we got is a complete remake. As a result, we are now a first year expansion team again. Mo has dithered again this season, so there is no chemistry between the new players and the rest of the squad. I feel that dfufdgty has some potential. The team is missing many key pieces, the chemistry is destroyed, and there is no room under the salary cap. It's going to be a very long year, with possibly the worst, or at least second-worst team in the league.

Batman
Preki looks lost...

I have no problem supporting Preki.

Mojo however is another matter.

He is an absolutely useless cucking funt!

gtaguy
yeah, well, not really - I was being dramatic.

sorry dude:rolleyes:

TOBOR !
04-10-2010, 08:47 PM
[leaves for a moment to start new thread]

billyfly
30 wins! Leafs win.

We aim high around here. WE AIM FOR THE SKY!

Blixa
fuck it. i'm not showing uo\p on thursday...

TFC07
why would we boo the team lmao
i wouldnt be surprised if we boo garcia though:)

because this team is shit and fans need a way to send a message to MLSE to fire Mo and get a new GM.

If TFC lose to Philly on home opener, it's going to get crazy around here.

gtaguy
04-10-2010, 08:48 PM
The Good: I have never seen TFC play so hard. Preki has got some way of getting these players to play hard, even when they are down.

The Bad: Preki shreded this team to get his type of guys in. All the team needed was a defender, someone on the wing, and a goal scoring forward. What we got is a complete remake. As a result, we are now a first year expansion team again. Mo has dithered again this season, so there is no chemistry between the new players and the rest of the squad. I feel that dfufdgty has some potential. The team is missing many key pieces, the chemistry is destroyed, and there is no room under the salary cap. It's going to be a very long year, with possibly the worst, or at least second-worst team in the league.

couldn't agree more..

DichioTFC
04-10-2010, 08:49 PM

The voice of reason.

About them playing hard, I don't know how hard the other 10 guys are going to play when 1 guy is making all the mistakes. Preki deserves credit if he can keep the team motivated when one player is ruining the efforts of the other 10.

Mikey
Can't beleive I drove all the way to Boston to watch this pile of Shit......

He's Old
He's Slow
But he"s a friend of Mo
Gar...cia, Nick Garcia!

billyfly
Rock lose 13-10

ag futbol
Challenge: who actually played well today?

Dero did well, not just on the goal but being a threat out wide.
OBW gets a NR as we couldn't find him on a map.

midfield and defense... very concerning. I am praying for at least one CB and 2 speedy wingers.

TFC USA
fuck it. i'm not showing uo\p on thursday...

Coincidentally, TFC could be doing the same thing.

MG42
04-10-2010, 08:50 PM
I have some questions not involving Garcia.

1) Selection: Does Preki hate every player who was here last year? Does that lineup really make sense with Cronin and Ibrahim on the bench?

2) JDG: Is something going on with JDG? Is this "he was sick, but well enough to sub in" story remotely believable?

I think if JDG had the flu or something similar it is totally reasonable that he couldn't go a full 90. Now weather he was really sick, I don't know.

Marc"2L"
I have no problem supporting Preki.

Mojo however is another matter.

Einhorn is Finkle,

And finkle is Einhorn.

Batman
because this team is shit and fans need a way to send a message to MLSE to fire Mo and get a new GM.

Nothing else has seemed straight forward and honest lately so why should this?

Hustle
04-10-2010, 08:51 PM
great I'm watching DeRo on a fucking poker stars commercial. I guess thats what these guys are doing instead of fucking training....

Thank God for this icon:
:facepalm:

Super
Just got back from the stadium. Good support - couple hundred very enthusiastic supporters. First half was great - we were all so optimistic and happy and the half. Second half was a nightmare. Oh well, that's football.

We better win on Thursday. We need it badly!

anonymiss
Einhorn is Finkle,

And finkle is Einhorn.

LOL!!!

TOBOR !

They played hard last game as well. It seems that Preki has them playing a pressing game - trying to win the ball back in the opponents third.

DichioTFC

... its a sad but true possibility. I don't know how much more many people can take.

Villa TFC
Unless you're a glory-seeking bandwagon jumper, your team picks you through your father, uncle, brother, your postal code, school or whatever...you don't pick your team. And therefore, you stick with your team through thick and thin. Your passion doesn't wane when you're down the bottom...but that doesn't mean that it's disloyal to call them out when they're crap, when they're not trying or when they're lacking passion.

There isn't a league in the world in which real supporters don't dump on their team when they're playing consistently poorly. I'm not talking about plastics who supported Liverpool or Juve 10 years ago but today support Chelsea or Inter. I'm talking real supporters. To dump on your team is not being fairweather or giving poor support as long as you're still supporting them. Expressing exasperation with the squad, player signings, team selection, strategy or player skills/ability/effort is all part of being an opinionated and genuine supporter. Everyone who faithfully watches every match whether in person or on TV, who has bought a shirt or a scarf, who reads the news regularly and knows the difference between a Sanyang and a Saric has every right to share in the joy or great performances and an equal right to criticise consistently-poor performances.

Dumping on the team tonight does not make anyone a bad supporter. Turning their back on the team now but returning to the fold when they've strung together 6 staight wins does!

Nuvinho
"Don't worry everyone.

We have players coming in"

Repeat those 2 lines after every game.

billyfly
04-10-2010, 08:52 PM
I'll be in 112. Drunk but in 112.

Blixa
04-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Watching the Seattle game... Now that's football compared to this shit.

DichioTFC
04-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Challenge: who actually played well today?

Dero did well, not just on the goal but being a threat out wide.
OBW gets a NR as we couldn't find him on a map.

midfield and defense... very concerning. I am praying for at least one CB and 2 speedy wingers.

Sanyang. He held Joseph in check for the first half and for an 18 year old with only a handful of games under his belt, thats a tall order that he did pretty well.

the fullbacks have potential, but work is definitely needed (assuming that they will be our starting backs from now on).

Adrian Cann. We need you like Metropolis needs Superman.

T.O TILL I DIE
04-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Well im gonna make a garcia banner whos with me:D

ensco

1) Selection: Does Preki hate every player who was here last year? Does that lineup really make sense with Cronin and Ibrahim on the bench?

2) JDG: Is something going on with JDG? Is this "he was sick, but well enough to sub in" story remotely believable?

3) Nane: I know he gave that goal away, but is it such a great idea to move a guy around like that, in his first game? (Love the way he won a header early and almost scored, btw)

DichioTFC

LOL... oh man, the possibilities... yes or no, will it make him cry?

Kevvv
04-10-2010, 08:56 PM
The voice of reason.

About them playing hard, I don't know how hard the other 10 guys are going to play when 1 guy is making all the mistakes. Preki deserves credit if he can keep the team motivated when one player is ruining the efforts of the other 10.

NFG assisted our first goal in a month, and made a horrible giveaway on their first goal, but he hardly made all the mistakes.

I'd say it borders on delusional to believe that the only thing holding back the current iteration of TFC is NFG.

TOBOR !
Unless you're a glory-seeking bandwagon jumper, your team picks you through your father, uncle, brother, your postal code, school or whatever...you don't pick your team. And therefore, you stick with your team through thick and thin. Your passion doesn't wane when you're down the bottom...but that doesn't mean that it's disloyal to call them out when they're crap, when they're not trying or when they're lacking passion.

There isn't a league in the world in which real supporters don't dump on their team when they're playing consistently poorly. I'm not talking about plastics who supported Liverpool or Juve 10 years ago but today support Chelsea or Inter. I'm talking real supporters. To dump on your team is not being fairweather or giving poor support as long as you're still supporting them. Expressing exasperation with the squad, player signings, team selection, strategy or player skills/ability/effort is all part of being an opinionated and genuine supporter. Everyone who faithfully watches every match whether in person or on TV, who has bought a shirt or a scarf, who reads the news regularly and knows the difference between a Sanyang and a Saric has every right to share in the joy or great performances and an equal right to criticise consistently-poor performances.

Dumping on the team tonight does not make anyone a bad supporter. Turning their back on the team now but returning to the fold when they've strung together 6 staight wins does!

clap. clap.clap.

Batman
where can you see the seattle game?

T.O TILL I DIE
04-10-2010, 08:57 PM
LOL... oh man, the possibilities... yes or no, will it make him cry?

I think if he will see it he might wanna leave the club.. but thats what we want hehe

Blixa
04-10-2010, 08:58 PM
@batman - atdhe.net

Villa TFC

The worst thing that could happen on Thursday night is not us losing to the Union, it's Preki depriving us of the long-awaited and eagerly-anticipated opportunity of jeering Garcia by leaving him on the bench! :rolleyes:

DichioTFC

3) Nane: I know he gave that goal away, but maybe it's not such a great idea to move a guy around like that, in his first game! Love the way he won a header early and almost scored.

Ibby I can understand being on the bench, but Cronin was great for us last year. He needs to be starting. It could be one of those "I'm the boss" moves like Mourinho is using on Balotelli (another youngster), but I hope the post-game press conference has some direct questions and direct answers.

JDG being sick was believable. He just didn't look like the same player he has been.

Nane showed potential. Like you said, first game, hope there is better to come.

ManUtd4ever
NFG assisted our first goal in a month, and made a horrible giveaway on their first goal, but he hardly made all the mistakes.

I'd say it borders on delusional to believe that the only thing holding back the current iteration of TFC is NFG.

Yes, but his mistake was clearly a turning point in the match. As long as he is on the pitch, he is always a mistake away from changing the momentum in the other team's favour...

TFC USA
04-10-2010, 08:59 PM
The Sounders and Union look way better in their second and first years respectively than we do in year 4.

ag futbol
04-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Sanyang. He held Joseph in check for the first half and for an 18 year old with only a handful of games under his belt, thats a tall order that he did pretty well.

The fullbacks have potential, but work is definitely needed (assuming that they will be our starting backs from now on).

Adrian Cann. We need you like Metropolis needs Superman.
I agree Sanyang was alright. Not a fan of Joseph, but whatever it's still early.

The main issue i have is that as a group they have very little speed, creativity, and width. They just can't push the ball forward and attack without Dero.

We're entirely one dimensional.

Canadian Blue
04-10-2010, 09:00 PM

I am not sure if I will still have my season tickets in 20 years....because I don't see 6 straight wind by any TFC team taking place anytime soon

Hustle
04-10-2010, 09:01 PM

I agree, but its clear that he is individually costing us goals. So lets fix the most obvious problem first.

DichioTFC
04-10-2010, 09:01 PM

True, it wasn't all Garcia. But what I'm saying is if one person (whoever it is) makes mistakes in a game (possibly leading to opposing goals), are the other 10 players going to stay strong and composed?

Who makes those mistakes in a little irrelevant, more direct way of saying it is, "Will the players continue to respect Preki if this keeps happening?"

gtaguy
04-10-2010, 09:02 PM

:flare::flare::flare::flare::flare::flare:

Batman
04-10-2010, 09:02 PM
@batman - atdhe.net

Thanks... RSLs new stadium looks great!

Beach_Red
04-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Yes, but his mistake was clearly a turning point in the match. As long as he is on the pitch, he is always a mistake away from changing the momentum in the other team's favour...

But for a team to have any expectations at all it has to be able to overcome a mistake and not give up and fall apart. Especially in this league where any player out there is capable of screwing up or the possibility of a completely stupid call by the ref, or anything.

Last year it was goals in the final ten minutes - and a bunch of different players blamed, first it was Wynne for handballs, then if only Barrett had finished his chances, then Garcia showed up, then, then, then....

Who knows why it's like that with this team but that's the way it's always been, ther's always been a single guy getting the blame after every game and that will never turn into a winning environment.

Let's hope Preki can turn that attitude around on the team. Maybe then we'll follow in the stands.

DichioTFC
04-10-2010, 09:04 PM
I agree Sanyang was alright. Not a fan of Joseph, but whatever it's still early.

The main issue i have is that as a group they have very little speed, creativity, and width. They just can't push the ball forward and attack without Dero.

We're entirely one dimensional.

You're right in principle, but in fairness JDG was sick / benched and Cronin wasn't on the field.

I would like to reevaluate that statement once we get all the tools on the field and everything is operational. Until then the jury is still out for me.

With the components we had out there, we were up 1-0 after 45. If upgrades (JDG, Cronin... Cann hopefully) come in and add more polish to the finished product, we could have quite a team on our hands.

ManUtd4ever
04-10-2010, 09:05 PM
True, it wasn't all Garcia. But what I'm saying is if one person (whoever it is) makes mistakes in a game (possibly leading to opposing goals), are the other 10 players going to stay strong and composed?

Who makes those mistakes in a little irrelevant, more direct way of saying it is, "Will the players continue to respect Preki if this keeps happening?"

Exactly...Even in the Miracle in Montreal, TFC won despite Garcia's penalty in the box that put the Impact up 1-0. If NFG starts, we are automatically playing with a handicap...

Batman
04-10-2010, 09:06 PM
do we have any info why cronin wasnt starting?

Gazza
04-10-2010, 09:07 PM
I could care less if they play hard. They've played hard for over 3 loss-filled seasons...whoopideedoo!

If they played half-assed and won more often then they lose, i'd be a happy man.

DichioTFC
04-10-2010, 09:07 PM

nothing was mentioned on the american broadcast...

gtaguy
04-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Plain and simple.. we failed.. Guys get ur shit together becuase after this thursday were on a winning streak... Positive faces all around.. Even u you fuck up garcia

DichioTFC
04-10-2010, 09:08 PM
From speaking with my girlfriend, a positive spin on things:

We've been playing two away games.
We have a home opener upcoming against a fired up fanbase.
We are playing an expansion team. At BMO.

We damn sure better take it on Thursday.

TOBOR !
04-10-2010, 09:09 PM

probably not glomming onto Preki's gameplan.

TFC USA
04-10-2010, 09:10 PM
nothing was mentioned on the american broadcast...

But we apparently had Sebastian Frei in goal. :facepalm:

TOBOR !

someone hasn't been paying attention.

ManUtd4ever
But for a team to have any expectations at all it has to be able to overcome a mistake and not give up and fall apart. Especially in this league where any player out there is capable of screwing up or the possibility of a completely stupid call by the ref, or anything.

Last year it was goals in the final ten minutes - and a bunch of different players blamed, first it was Wynne for handballs, then if only Barrett had finished his chances, then Garcia showed up, then, then, then....

Who knows why it's like that with this team but that's the way it's always been, ther's always been a single guy getting the blame after every game and that will never turn into a winning environment.

Let's hope Preki can turn that attitude around on the team. Maybe then we'll follow in the stands.

I agree that a quality squad needs to be able to overcome adversity, but the Garcia debacle is out of hand. How many goals has he cost us since he arrived? There is absolutely no player in any professional league that would have been given as many chances in a similar situation. It will eventually affect Preki's credibility within the locker room if it hasn't already and then the season will be lost...

Kevvv
04-10-2010, 09:11 PM

When he made the mistake that cost the goal, the whole defense collapsed. I wouldn't say gave up, but completely lost the plot. That falls on Preki, and a lack of on-field leadership. Garcia should be that leader, co-ordinating the back line, but for obvious reasons he's no longer fit for that role. The team's reaction after that goal may be a glimpse into what's going on behind closed doors. To DTFC's point, Preki can't allow NFG to continue costing the team goals and keep the rest of the team behind him.

TFC USA
04-10-2010, 09:11 PM

2-0 loss to the Sounders, 0-0 to San Jose. That's our history against expansion teams at home.

gtaguy
04-10-2010, 09:12 PM

Lets Destroy in the home opener and for gods sake preki get garcia out of the lineup.. Do i need to show you stats of the mess he is.

Blixa
04-10-2010, 09:13 PM
The Sounders and Union look way better in their second and first years respectively than we do in year 4.

That is the smartest thing that's been said on this board all this evening.

gtaguy
Deep down i feel like the club needs a new breath of fresh air and that could only mean to get Mo Jo out of town.

TFC FORZA RPB
Well im gonna throw this out their, if Garcia is not released prior to the home opener, i will sell the remainder of the home game tickets that i have which is 12 games

TOBOR !
04-10-2010, 09:14 PM

hardly

Chevy
04-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Well im gonna throw this out their, if Garcia is not released prior to the home opener, i will sell the remainder of the home game tickets that i have which is 12 games

Get ready to sell your tickets.

TOBOR !
04-10-2010, 09:16 PM
NFG assisted our first goal in a month

He wellied the ball into the 18 and DeRo scored a goal that should have been saved.

TFC USA
04-10-2010, 09:16 PM

No it isn't. But thanks for the compliment. :D

I bet you won't do that.

DichioTFC
04-10-2010, 09:17 PM
He wellied the ball into the 18 and DeRo scored a goal that should have been saved.

A goal is a goal. Who cares how it went in?

Gazza
I'll be the drunk guy in section 125 cheering Garcia every time he touches the ball or his name is mentioned. Only, i'll be too drunk to realize that it's not Domaso Garcia.

gtaguy

Forza hang on to your tix becuase i think preki finally realized the liability that garcia is .. Preki being a Pol. and all respect to all the pols out in our community for thier great loss today . I think he is starting to see what all US fans have been bitchin about...

gtaguy
04-10-2010, 09:18 PM
I'll be the drunk guy in section 125 cheering Garcia every time he touches the ball or his name is mentioned. Only, i'll be too drunk to realize that it's not Domaso Garcia.

nice baseball reference.. hahaha

TFC USA
04-10-2010, 09:18 PM
I believe in Preki for the time being.

I don't believe in Mo. There is no reason to keep his useless ass around.

TOBOR !
04-10-2010, 09:19 PM
great goal by Wil Johnson over on the RSL game

TFC USA
04-10-2010, 09:19 PM
1-1 RSL equalize. Shocking marking.

ManUtd4ever
04-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Forza hang on to your tix becuase i think preki finally realized the liability that garcia is .. Preki being a Pol. and all respect to all the pols out in our community for thier great loss today . I think he is starting to see what all US fans have been bitchin about...

For the love of God I certainly hope so...

gtaguy
04-10-2010, 09:21 PM
We need a huge letter campaign to get this turd out of the front office. I can't believe MLSE sees him as a great soccer manager..

jazzy
Hats off to all the TFC supporters who attended the game in Boston. You looked great.

+1 ... MUCHO RESPECTO......We have your backs:scarf:

TFC FORZA RPB
No it isn't. But thanks for the compliment. :D

I bet you won't do that.

How much are you willing to bet???

I would have no issues selling the 12 games that I have, i have wanted to see Garcia gone since last season, but I am glad that Preki, actually used Ibrahim as a striker.

Blixa
04-10-2010, 09:25 PM
watching SEA vs RSL... We're going to get eaten alive by these teams.

TFC USA
04-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Baahhhhh if that's the case then I guess Cronin is a goner.

jazzy
04-10-2010, 09:29 PM
I am never realy a break up the team or fire the boss kinda guy, but I feel firing Moe and dumping Garcia is a must right now, if there is any hope for this season.....It cannot get worse if they go...but the negativity will be unbearable if these changes aren't made....the whole league is laughing, and hoping to play us immediately! MLSE should realise the $, that are at stake here.

gtaguy
04-10-2010, 09:31 PM
How much are you willing to bet???

I would have no issues selling the 12 games that I have, i have wanted to see Garcia gone since last season, but I am glad that Preki, actually used Ibrahim as a striker.

watching SEA vs RSL... We're going to get eaten alive by these teams.

both teams have a very nice european style of play.. They are quick on the passes and the touches . hope we get there soon enough but with our constant rebuilding im not so sure.

billyfly
04-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Hats off to all the TFC supporters who attended the game in New York . You looked great.

Fixed.

Chevy
04-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Stick Cronin at RB - guess who goes to the bench? This lineup doesn't give up 4 goals.

-------------Frei-------------

Cronin Gomez Nana LatvianDude

----Labrocca DeGuzman Saric----
-Dero---------------------------

-------White Barrett------------

anonymiss
04-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Preki would not appear to rate Cronin highly. He played Saric in Cronin's preferred position in pre-season then signed Saric to replace him. He chose Sanyang and Saric over him tonight. Cronin doesn't have the speed to be a winger in Preki's system. Preki used him there against Columbus as we had a short bench. It doesn't look like there's a place in Preki's squad for him.

I REALLY hope that's not true. Cronin was a real trooper for us, and developed in huge strides as the season went on. I think he could play well for us, especially now because he always plays hard, much like Robbo did (in my opinion at least, there will be many who argue that). Seems what we need now is gutsy players who get the job done and I think Cronin fits the bill.

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-10-2010, 09:33 PM
I don't see how they can play Garcia on Thursday. Harden's not all world, but he's a better option at this point. Other than Dero, the attack was very toothless, unless TFC makes some significant moves this week and starts racking up some points, this is going to be a long season.

jazzy
04-10-2010, 09:34 PM

Absolute travesty..........unfortunately this may be true.....I think we should whistle as in Europe

Dirk Diggler
04-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Cronin was one of our best players last year. If he doesn't fit into our sacred plans, I really have to question Preki's competence.

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Absolute travesty..........unfortunately this may be true.....I think we should whistle as in Europe

I like the idea of the whole stadium hissing of doing a Nelson laugh from the Simpsons. That said, I wonder if Garcia might not take a long look in the mirror and know it's time. He's brutal, but he seems like a real genuine guy. It's hard for me to completely over look the human aspect of this, I hope he decides not to put himself in a position where he's going to get humiliated.

Dirk Diggler
04-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Tyrone Marshall with a goal ... le sigh....

gtaguy
04-10-2010, 09:38 PM
tyron marshal makes it 2-1 for seattle.. causes a rsl defensemen to fuckup and score an own goal

TFC USA
04-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Almost every ex TFC player is doing better somewhere else.

Blixa
04-10-2010, 09:39 PM
SEA just scored.....

gtaguy
04-10-2010, 09:40 PM
best way to get garcia out of our stadium is to make noise and alot of it when he touches the ball... This is the best and strongest way to show our discontent with this player in our squad..

Beach_Red
04-10-2010, 09:41 PM
We need a huge letter campaign to get this turd out of the front office. I can't believe MLSE sees him as a great soccer manager..

What in the history of MLSE makes you think they'll do any better replacing him? How many of their teams have to miss the playoffs for people to start to realize the problems are higher up.

Dirk Diggler
04-10-2010, 09:42 PM
best way to get garcia out of our stadium is to make noise and alot of it when he touches the ball... This is the best and strongest way to show our discontent with this player in our squad..

I'm sorry but all this talk of booing and jeering Garcia is just flat out stupid. People really need to give their heads a shake.

Blixa
04-10-2010, 09:43 PM
getting shipped out of this team is the best thing that can happen to a player in this league.... DeRo must be going... - WTF was i thinking?

gtaguy
04-10-2010, 09:44 PM
What in the history of MLSE makes you think they'll do any better replacing him? How many of their teams have to miss the playoffs for people to start to realize the problems are higher up.

becuase were soccer supporters .. when we show up we make the diff.. when were not around they are not making money..

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-10-2010, 09:46 PM
getting shipped out of this team is the best thing that can happen to a player in this league.... DeRo must be going... - WTF was i thinking?

JDG was making some that suggested that during his brief outing today. Probably think it would have been better to stay in Europe even in a lesser league.

gtaguy
04-10-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm sorry but all this talk of booing and jeering Garcia is just flat out stupid. People really need to give their heads a shake.

its the soccer way to show your disfavor .. We are not any different to a Barca or a Man U squad .. u show your disfavor by bieng vocal..

TFC USA
04-10-2010, 09:49 PM
It's not the fan's job to tell Garcia he sucks. It should never come down to that. Frankly I'd boo him but management should be getting him the fuck out of the lineup.

billyfly
04-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Cap'n Crunch's full name is Captain Horatio Magellan Crunch.

gtaguy
04-10-2010, 09:52 PM
It's not the fan's job to tell Garcia he sucks. It should never come down to that. Frankly I'd boo him but management should be getting him the fuck out of the lineup.

when you as a fan are not satisifed with a player on your squad you make it known.. Your not inventing the wheel here your just showing your colors and your bleeding heart.. Tell me atleast another way were going to get the cancer out of the front office .. I'm open to ideas and opinions..

jazzy
04-10-2010, 09:53 PM
i still support Preki, but i have to admit that its wavering.

Until a coach gets the resembilance of a team, I can't really fault the coach, although I hope it's not like last year,.....when the idiots , would keep the underperforming in, until the 89th minute.

S_D
04-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Cronin was one of our best players last year. If he doesn't fit into our sacred plans, I really have to question Preki's competence.

unfortunately that isn't saying much.

I said this last season: He isn't fast enough to play on the wing and isn't strong enough to be a defensive mid. Jospeph would have eaten him alive today. If he could put on some weight so he couldn't be knocked off the ball as easily, he would make a good def mid in this league.

Speed isn't something you can really improve upon, but strength and putting on some weight isn't as hard to do, even with all the running around they do.

gtaguy
04-10-2010, 09:59 PM
dero got us the lead tonight.. he showed his captancy and yet the rest of the squad flaunders the rest of the way.. That goal was golden. it was not to be wasted but we all saw a TFC team break down in the second half and that puts worries into me..

twistedchinaman
04-10-2010, 10:08 PM
you owe Marco Reda an apology

Yeah, that's rough on Marco Reda. Comparing him to Garcia? Ouch man...low shot, man. Low shot...

andyc
04-10-2010, 10:15 PM
He was benched for sure - More lies from the club...

stretchthetruth
04-10-2010, 10:16 PM
i dont want to spread an unfounded rumour but i thought i read somewhere that someone saw him getting in late last night...

Chevy
04-10-2010, 10:16 PM
here we go....

jazzy
04-10-2010, 10:22 PM
I agree that a quality squad needs to be able to overcome adversity, but the Garcia debacle is out of hand. How many goals has he cost us since he arrived? There is absolutely no player in any professional league that would have been given as many chances in a similar situation. It will eventually affect Preki's credibility within the locker room if it hasn't already and then the season will be lost...

Sadly we are forgeting Chad Barrett, last year at this time we couldn't understand how someone could get so many chances, and screw so many of them up. hahaha..........guess again.......Chad is behind this, feelin so relieved the pressures off for now.

jazzy
04-10-2010, 10:28 PM
I REALLY hope that's not true. Cronin was a real trooper for us, and developed in huge strides as the season went on. I think he could play well for us, especially now because he always plays hard, much like Robbo did (in my opinion at least, there will be many who argue that). Seems what we need now is gutsy players who get the job done and I think Cronin fits the bill.

and to anyone who watched the game, Cronin ran down players when he lost it, never gave up....I like another members idea, substute Cronin for Garcia

jazzy
04-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Who knows? But it sure looked alot like a benching. If he's sick, why bring him on when the game is effectively over and you've got a midweek fixture coming up. Isn't it better to save his health for that upcoming game? Preki had Cronin on the bench, could have subbed him in. If he's not that sick, why not play him from the start while you're in it and sub him if necessary. Very strange.

Apparently, he was seen getting in at midnight, last night, see Boston thread...

anonymiss
04-10-2010, 10:33 PM
and to anyone who watched the game, Croninran down players when he lost it, never gave up....I like another members idea, substute Cronin for Garcia

Definitely a good idea (at this point I'd take nearly anyone for Garcia though...) But I'd like to see Cronin maybe as a left-back/right-back. Last season he started sending in nice crosses, and I think if he could start making runs up the flank (and *gasp* have people cover for him) then he could be a threat.

Red CB Toronto
04-10-2010, 10:39 PM
i dont want to spread an unfounded rumour but i thought i read somewhere that someone saw him getting in late last night...

Let's not bring stuff like this out into public, JDG came off the bench, that is Fact, why that happened, only Preki and maybe Mo
knows

ForestGlade
04-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Let's not bring stuff like this out into public, JDG came off the bench, that is Fact, why that happened, only Preki and maybe Month knows

On a Blackberry I take it? :P

Heathen
04-10-2010, 10:45 PM

Which is what this is.

Do I have to keep going?

Hats off to you for bringing this up

Gazza
04-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Anyone want to elaborate on the "represented by the same agency" comment? I'm not up to date with the ins and outs of the TFC FO...or direct me to a thread that talks about it? This isn't the first time i've heard that.

reggie
04-10-2010, 10:50 PM
the last 3 road games that count..we have allowed 11 and scored 1.
and MOstake by the lake got a new contract...only in toronto only with MLSE.
by the way garcia is tied in 1st on our club with one point,play him up front...

billyfly
04-10-2010, 10:53 PM
They actually mentioned RPB by name on the CFTO Sports hi-lites.

billyfly
04-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Anyone want to elaborate on the "represented by the same agency" comment? I'm not up to date with the ins and outs of the TFC FO...or direct me to a thread that talks about it? This isn't the first time i've heard that.

First Wave

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=21353&highlight=Wave

Gazza
04-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Thanks billy...i can't believe this sh...stuff...and our former captain's face is the first person i see on their website.

Good grief!

billyfly
04-10-2010, 11:03 PM
It's not unheard of in the world of international soccer apparently.

stretchthetruth
04-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Let's not bring stuff like this out into public, JDG came off the bench, that is Fact, why that happened, only Preki and maybe Mo
knows

Apparently, he was seen getting in at midnight, last night, see Boston thread...

Zeke_Jones
04-10-2010, 11:40 PM
Thursday will be much better, if garcia plays im sure he will hear us all telling him to get the fuck off our team and go be a benchwarmer in a beer league!!

We might lose 1 or 2 at home but im sure if we make it unbearable for him to play here he will leave.

FOGES
04-10-2010, 11:44 PM
weird how our start this season is very similar to the 2nd season.

2008 first 2 games: 2-0 loss @ CLB , 4-1 loss @ DCU
2010 first 2 games: 2-0 loss @ CLB , 4-1 loss @ NE

i still remember Edu grabbing that late header to make it 4-1. I was thrilled! that goal inspired hope which led to a 3-2 win over LAG. This time around its difficult to find that, or any, inspiration....C'mon you reds, lets get it done thursday!

Lucky Strike
04-10-2010, 11:46 PM
Player ratings are up:

http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?p=970645#post970645

whatajoke
04-10-2010, 11:46 PM
great 1st half?

RoyalMidfielder
04-11-2010, 12:12 AM
I'm sorry, this is awful soccer to watch. I don't know if I can take much more of this. :facepalm:

At least I have the World Cup to look forward to.

Shakes McQueen
04-11-2010, 01:33 AM
I wish I knew what Preki really thought of Garcia - whether he really thinks Garcia has something to bring to the team, or whether he's just biting his tongue because Mo hasn't left him with any other good options for the first couple of games.

Surely this has to be the last we see of Garcia in a starting role, after that shit show.

- Scott

twistedchinaman
04-11-2010, 02:52 AM
Surely this has to be the last we see of Garcia in a starting role, after that shit show.

- Scott

If it isn't, well. then it's just not cricket...

profit89
04-11-2010, 08:18 AM
I'm sorry, this is awful soccer to watch. I don't know if I can take much more of this. :facepalm:

Totally agree.

Can't even string two passes together. It's awful.

koryo
04-11-2010, 08:24 AM
This team is a fucking disgrace.

MLSE is a fucking disgrace for letting this situation continue.

I can honestly say, this shower of shit is the worst team I've seen in the last 31 years.

GeorgeBest
04-11-2010, 08:29 AM

The beautiful game it was not.

The best I can say is that at least there were no football lines on the field.

gtaguy
04-11-2010, 09:19 AM
To find a positive after a 4-1 drubbing is hard..

What MLSE has done is give proof to all those tfc haters in the city to feel like a point has been proven about the quality of the game ...

ecospice
04-11-2010, 09:31 AM

Yeah, on TV the fabulous support from the TFC faithfull really came through. Looked awesome in High Def. too - a big, loud, red sea. Really, that was the best part of the game.

nfitz
04-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Who knows? But it sure looked alot like a benching. If he's sick, why bring him on when the game is effectively over and you've got a midweek fixture coming up.He was coming on at 2-1 down; that's not effectively over.

I can't imagine anyone suggesting that he was benched. Clearly he was under the weather, and they were concerned about him playing a full 90. I don't think 29 minutes is going to impact his performance if we are not playing for 5 days.

ensco
04-11-2010, 09:42 AM
I can't imagine anyone suggesting that he was benched. Clearly he was under the weather, and they were concerned about him playing a full 90. I don't think 29 minutes is going to impact his performance if we are not playing for 5 days.

We're not seriously going to debate this, are we? This is the "Dichio can't fly" thing all over again.

It doesn't make you less of a supporter to point out that the odds of this being an actual illness are really low.

canadian_bhoy
04-11-2010, 09:45 AM
I don't know which is more frustrating

- the fact that our designated player was benched

or

- the fact that our team is such a joke, preki can't even bench someone for the whole game.

Preki's message to JDG was pretty clear "I'd like to bench you, but with this team, you can do whatever you want and I'll still have to play you".

nfitz
04-11-2010, 10:05 AM
We're not seriously going to debate this, are we? This is the "Dichio can't fly" thing all over again.Surely that Dichio had to retire from professional sports was clear evidence that he was reaching the end of his playing days.

I don't see the need for these conspiracy theories day after day. If someone knows there's more to it than fine; but just because he was seen entering the hotel a little late (midnight is late?) ... perhaps he couldn't sleep and went for a walk ... perhaps he went to the drugstore ...

Aren't we supposed to be supporters, rather than constantly hunting to persecute everyone at the first hint of trouble?

Is the "Sky is falling" mentality really necessary?

Ossington Mental Youth
04-11-2010, 10:32 AM
jdg was benched cuz he was sick throughout the week

well said

ensco
04-11-2010, 10:40 AM
^We disagree. The sky is falling.

canadian_bhoy
04-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Nothing in the game guide about JDG's illness.

If he was sick all week he probably would have been listed as "questionable" or something like that. He's not, they've got him in the probable starting 11.

http://drop.io/mlssoccer/asset/410netor-pdf

Who cares anyway. JDG is the last player on this team we should be worrying about.

Gixmo
04-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Meh, Those who know, know.. leave it at that.

Either way, It's Sunday - The day after, Concentrate on Thursday.

koryo
04-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Surely that Dichio had to retire from professional sports was clear evidence that he was reaching the end of his playing days.

I don't see the need for these conspiracy theories day after day. If someone knows there's more to it than fine; but just because he was seen entering the hotel a little late (midnight is late?) ... perhaps he couldn't sleep and went for a walk ... perhaps he went to the drugstore ...

Aren't we supposed to be supporters, rather than constantly hunting to persecute everyone at the first hint of trouble?

You must be: a) having a laugh or b) an MLSE mole.

Support does not equate to blind faith. The first sign of trouble was three years ago. If you don't agree that the team's owners, GM, Coach & players shouldn't be held accountable for their mess then perhaps this board isn't the place for you.

Dirk Diggler
04-11-2010, 11:31 AM
You must be: a) having a laugh or b) an MLSE mole.

Support does not equate to blind faith. The first sign of trouble was three years ago. If you don't agree that the team's owners, GM, Coach & players shouldn't be held accountable for their mess then perhaps this board isn't the place for you.

It is quite sad that scenario b is very likely on this forum.

nfitz
04-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Support does not equate to blind faith.Support doesn't require blind faith, but it does require some faith. Obviously there are going to be bad spells, years, and even decades.

We just came off our best season ever, and we all know there were issues, which the team has attempted to address. Two away games into the season is too early for people to start pissing in their pants.

Dirk Diggler
04-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Support doesn't require blind faith, but it does require some faith. Obviously there are going to be bad spells, years, and even decades.

We just came off our best season ever, and we all know there were issues, which the team has attempted to address. Two away games into the season is too early for people to start pissing in their pants.

LOL ... now I know you're just having a laugh. Even an MLSE mole will never say something like that haha

Beach_Red
04-11-2010, 11:44 AM
It is quite sad that scenario b is very likely on this forum.

MLSE don't need moles, they never get the blame. Is anyone talking about a pink slip protest for anyone at MLSE?

Gazza
04-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Stop referring to last season as the "best season ever." It was an utter failure. The best of the worst is not something to get excited about.

Pachuco
04-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Support doesn't require blind faith, but it does require some faith. Obviously there are going to be bad spells, years, and even decades.

What a joke. The best season ever and we didn't make the playoffs. What does that tell you?

Stryker
04-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Dear Nick,

I hate you.

Sincerely, Stefan

TFC USA
04-11-2010, 01:01 PM
I had to watch Garcia's fuck-up again. In some respects that was worse than the Columbus gaffe because he could've booted it to either sideline or CORRECTLY down the field...and he chose to hit New England's rookie sensation right at his feet and the rest is history.

Nick Garcia is fucking disgraceful.

mmmikey
04-11-2010, 01:18 PM
we are going to get torched every game that we come up against a team with some pace on the flanks.. i.e. nyassi. once NE decided to start exploiting our slow fb's, it was over. the new guy hsanovic (prob not spelled right but dont feel like looking it up) is obviously not a speed demon.. maybe its because of his knee injury and he is still missing a step although he is young enough to recover with time. thing is we don't have time, and while it looks like he knows what he is supposed to be doing, he will never be able to handle a guy like nyassi. and when the CB playing behind him is cement foot Garcia, there is never going to be help..

team is more organized this year, ill hand that to preki, but they are just too slow, and there is too little ability to get anything out of it.

simple 3 step formula to beat us:
1) wait for the give away from our poor technical ability trying to play intricate possession football..
2) counter attack with pace and a) run at garcia or b) run at the fb's and cross in towards garcia
3) wait for frei's luck to run out

Krasno.pL.
04-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Dear Nick,

I hate you.

Sincerely, Stefan

Being a goalkeeper myself... I HEAR THAT.
Poor Frei

nfitz
04-11-2010, 04:01 PM
What a joke. The best season ever and we didn't make the playoffs. What does that tell you?It tells me that some supporters aren't as patient as they could be, and have too many expectations.

Clearly there are issues. If we are going to make noise, let's focus on an issue. Such as the disaster that is Garcia. I have no comprehension why he is a starter. Though perhaps after Saturday's performance, that problem will go away.

menefreghista
04-11-2010, 04:12 PM
It tells me that some supporters aren't as patient as they could be, and have too many expectations.

Soccer is a sport where pretty much every league in the world is dominated by the richest clubs. TFC is one of the richest clubs in MLS. I expect them to perform like a team that has more money to spend. With the financial resources TFC has, it should be competing for an MLS Cup every season.

Sure those expectations are high, but that is the nature of the sport.

nfitz
04-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Soccer is a sport where pretty much every league in the world is dominated by the richest clubs. TFC is one of the richest clubs in MLS. I expect them to perform like a team that has more money to spend. With the financial resources TFC has, it should be competing for an MLS Cup every season.

Sure those expectations are high, but that is the nature of the sport.If we weren't in a league designed for parity, then perhaps we could buy ourselves a team. But that just isn't how MLS works. At best we can buy ourselves better coaches, trainers, and management ... as well as training facilities and pitch.

menefreghista
04-11-2010, 04:55 PM
If we weren't in a league designed for parity, then perhaps we could buy ourselves a team. But that just isn't how MLS works. At best we can buy ourselves better coaches, trainers, and management ... as well as training facilities and pitch.

There are ways to take advantage. Its isn't 100% parity.

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but you'd be shocked at the disparity in salary in MLS from team to team.

To say its a 'parity league' is a cheap and easy excuse.

cementhead
04-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Take it form someone that was there JDG came in pretty late Friday night!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-11-2010, 07:17 PM

M O M U S T G O !

Im thinking thursday will be downright ugly

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-11-2010, 07:19 PM
MLSE don't need moles, they never get the blame. Is anyone talking about a pink slip protest for anyone at MLSE?

RAPTORS...LEAFS....TFC.....

MLSE shouldnt be ruuning sports franchises!

nfitz
04-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Take it form someone that was there JDG came in pretty late Friday night!? Others said it was only 12:30 am.

jazzy
04-11-2010, 07:53 PM
? Others said it was only 12:30 am.

Who gives a flying $@#%, if you are serious about your new team, JDG and where it is going,, and your leadership on it, as you are the highest paid player on it by far, and you really haven't shown that you are at all interested in any form of leadership, and may be just collecting a paycheque in a league that is way below you, (see past Landycakes) not now though, he grew up, then one should show some respect or leadership and at least, or until this years team, which has down absolutely NOTHING...shows up...(and will lose to both Van and Mont because they are TEAMS). This highly paid player should get off his ass and do what ever it takes....to pressure a decent showing...spend time with the team?..yes this is continuation of early last year and we don't expect dominating anyone. But being embarrassed constantly is not what I pay to see on the pitch.....and don't dare call me not a true %$^$ing fan. If this F%$%^ing team had half the anger I do they'd win a F%$%ing game....if you enjoy passively making excuses for sub par performance welcome to MLSE fandom......you are their man....I've watched EVERY game and been at every home game, and I wil not take the shit like Leaf fans have taken for longer than most of you were born......I love being a supporter, thats why I care! DICHIO should be owner

cementhead
04-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Did anyone notices preki went from 4-4-2 in the frist half to a 3-5-2 in the second leaving are lelf flake to Joseph and Gracia!

Mikey
04-11-2010, 08:51 PM
I'm thinking of suing the bastards! I have a pain in my neck from the amount of cringing I did watching that game go to shit....

habstfc
04-11-2010, 11:04 PM
I know there are many people in here that are frustrated by garcia but this teams problems go way beyond the play of nick garcia. If he hadn't played the first 2 games they still would have lost. This team has absolutely no direction as far as I can tell. TFC had 39 points last year, missing the playoffs by 1 point, why was there a firesale when only a couple of pieces ( decent cb, decent striker) were needed this year to take the next step.

Everyone wants to blame Mo but he had this team heading in the right direction in my opinion, so what happened? I think hiring preki will be the end of mo johnston. The decision to hire him will be the catalyst of his downfall. I think mo gave him to much power in the player personnel department, too many players from last year have either left or were pushed out by prekis influence over this roster. Robinson was the only move that I would agree with of all the players who have left. Ridding Marvel Wynne and Guevara from this team were huge mistakes.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-11-2010, 11:19 PM
as said a billion times wynne was a great athlete and a terrible defender, guevara clashed with preki AND was going to be gone for at least a month with the WC, there was a lot more wrong than just a few missing pieces with last years team

Canadian Blue
04-11-2010, 11:29 PM
I just saw the highlights/lowlights....wow is TFC shit!!

Yagbod
04-11-2010, 11:30 PM
I don't care what time JDG arrived at the hotel. The game was at 7:30.

I am slightly miffed by his response to us being there. The moment the whistle blew he turned straight for the exit. I don't recall him ever showing the fans any appreciation.

We sung our asses off despite the result and pretty much every other player made a bee-line for us showing their appreciation. JDG needs to pony up, at least until he proves his worth.

Yagbod
04-11-2010, 11:31 PM
By the way, my favourite moment was when we sang "All we are saying, is pay for our trip!"

I really hope they heard that one.

Super
04-12-2010, 12:33 AM
I don't care what time JDG arrived at the hotel. The game was at 7:30.

I am slightly miffed by his response to us being there. The moment the whistle blew he turned straight for the exit. I don't recall him ever showing the fans any appreciation.

We sung our asses off despite the result and pretty much every other player made a bee-line for us showing their appreciation. JDG needs to pony up, at least until he proves his worth.

Yeah, I noticed that too. It's a little odd to me - most players with experience in Europe know full well that you acknowledge the fans. Without them you wouldn't have a job. As far as I am concerned, if you don't care about the fans then you have no business playing for us.

However, DeGuzman wasn't the only guy to snub the fans, though.

Also, I was in the hotel lobby with about 50+ other supporters when the players came out of the elevator and boarded the bus to go to the stadium. We clapped, applauded them, and wished them best of luck to the game. NONE of the players even nodded at us - just full-on IGNORE. I guess they just don't like us - for whatever reason.

Later in the evening I came back from picking up some food, and I saw Frei in the lobby talking to a TFC fan and giving him an autograph - taking the time to talk as well. I asked a few people if they saw others, and the answer was no. PROPS to Frei for that!

mastermixer
04-12-2010, 08:10 AM
I actually feel bad for Garcia. I know he's a professional and all that but he is obviously aware of all the negative Garcia stuff going on by supporters and the media and he seems to be putting a ton of pressure on himself. His face after that gaffed goal in the 2nd half shows it. He was bad last year but not this bad. I think he just needs to sit off a few games to get his head back on straight.
I actually don't think he is that horrible a player, like it or not he is an MLS veteran, but its unfortunate that he is at the place he is right now.