PDA

View Full Version : TFC Need Forwards - Marcus Haber on loan?

Aroundtheworld
04-09-2010, 11:44 AM
The Whitecaps are trying to get him back on loan from West Brom. I'm surprised TFC aren't in the running. He's a good target man.

http://communities.canada.com/THEPROVINCE/blogs/backofthenet/archive/2010/04/05/haber-could-yet-return-to-whitecaps.aspx

rocker
04-09-2010, 12:02 PM
8 goals in 30 games in the USL... I'll pass.

Krasno.pL.
04-09-2010, 12:03 PM
yea im sure if we wanted someone on loan.. we could find a tad better player!

menefreghista
04-09-2010, 12:14 PM
When I think of Haber, I think of when he sort of tripped leading to a Chilean goal v Canada at the U-20s.

Dunkers
04-09-2010, 12:17 PM
he was USL rookie of the year, and if im not mistaken alot of his starts and goals came in the last half of the season. Deffinatly a player on the up tick

Oblio2
04-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Ali Gerber 2.0

tfc2007
04-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Toronto Lynx should look at this guy.

menefreghista
04-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Ali Gerber 2.0

That's a pretty crappy analogy.

rocker
04-09-2010, 01:10 PM
he was USL rookie of the year, and if im not mistaken alot of his starts and goals came in the last half of the season. Deffinatly a player on the up tick

the fact that his loan was a failure isn't a good sign.

I could see Obrien White scoring 8 goals in 30 games in the USL too.
Heck, Chad Barrett had 9 goals in a season in MLS. Haber wouldn't be an improvement on what we got.

Pachuco
04-09-2010, 02:12 PM
I would actually take him. Having seem him play, I was impressed. He's young, and I think he's got potential. Unlike some of the other USL players we've signed lately.

rocker
04-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Well the point is moot now... Haber just went back to Vancouver, where he'll play until the summer when he'll go back to England.

[NBF]
04-09-2010, 02:15 PM
We should sign Iain Hume on loan, if anyone at all, or Simeon Jackson. We also have alot of players in Scandinavia that could be good players in MLS.

Pachuco
04-09-2010, 02:17 PM
;968618']We should sign Iain Hume on loan, if anyone at all, or Simeon Jackson. We also have alot of players in Scandinavia that could be good players in MLS.

Sure, why don't we just sign Messi instead? Obviously there is a difference in price with Simeon jackson and Iain Hume. Jackson would be crazy to come here, he's on the up and up and could achieve great things in Europe.

Ultra & Proud
04-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Just remember who our manager is and what he expects from his forwards. Haber doesn't fit the bill.

menefreghista
04-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Somehow a player that is good enough to be considered a prospect for an EPL bound team isn't good enough for TFC. :facepalm:

rocker
04-09-2010, 10:12 PM
Somehow a player that is good enough to be considered a prospect for an EPL bound team isn't good enough for TFC. :facepalm:

and rohan ricketts was a prospect, and played once, for arsenal....

ag futbol
04-09-2010, 10:17 PM
and rohan ricketts was a prospect, and played once, for arsenal....
Yeah except Rohan had all the time in the world to prove himself but hit the skits at his own doing. Haber barely had any time to get integrated into his loan club, clearly nobody is going to go straight from USL to the prem without a few steps inbetween. Rohan gets an F, Haber gets an incomplete.

He's easily better than OBW and he's three years younger. Wake up.

rocker
04-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Haber barely had any time to get integrated into his loan club, clearly nobody is going to go straight from USL to the prem without a few steps inbetween. Rohan gets an F, Haber gets an incomplete.

He's easily better than OBW and he's three years younger. Wake up.

You'd start Haber on this team? A guy who scored only 8 goals in 30 games in the USL, never got to play on a Championship team... then was loaned to a League 1 team and didn't stick, and now is sent back to the USL. We need a proven striker, and you'd start Haber? Wake up: we need someone who's proven. Not OBW, not Haber. Chad Barrett is a better scorer than Haber.

Call me in 5 years when Haber has proven himself.

Haber is so overrated by people on these boards.

andyc
04-09-2010, 10:37 PM
You'd start Haber on this team? A guy who scored only 8 goals in 30 games in the USL, never got to play on a Championship team... then was loaned to a League 1 team and didn't stick, and now is sent back to the USL. We need a proven striker, and you'd start Haber? Wake up: we need someone who's proven. Not OBW, not Haber. Chad Barrett has proven to be a better scorer than Haber.

LOL - cos the forwards we have right now are sooo effective....

OBW? Barrett when he gets healthy?? Dickov when he's finished being a short term fill sub in at League 1 Leeds??

Not saying that Haber is the right guy but you can't dismiss this guy and stand up for the broken unknown Latvian out of the same mouth on the same day...

Are you Mo Jo in disguise??? :D

Ultra & Proud
04-09-2010, 10:47 PM
I think all the pro-Haber guys are missing the point. He is massively overrated and if you want to go by just the numbers, Gerba's strike rate in England was better than Haber's in USL and yes Gerba was always that fat. And where's Gerba now? Same place Haber would be if we signed that pile of shite. Besides there's 15 other MLS teams who passed on him too (SJ & Philly especially) so that should tell you something about Haber.

BASE
04-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Does Haber belong to the First Wave talent agency that owns Mo, Preki and virtually all the other player signings on TFC??? If not ....there is no chance TFC will pay another agency a fee.

That said he looked great vs. Toronto in the Nutrilite game last year.