PDA

View Full Version : FC Edmonton talking to Sander Van Gessel

jloome
04-08-2010, 07:22 PM
...a really good veteran dutch league defender with Sparta Rotterdam. Also in talks with Paul Matthijs, a playmaking holder formerly with Groningen, now with Volendam.

Both would've looked good with TFC.

ag futbol
04-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Who is coaching FC Edmonton?

TFCRegina
04-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Who is coaching FC Edmonton?

Dwight Lodeweges.

ag futbol
04-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Dwight Lodeweges.
He has quite the resume. I'd say if he showed up coaching a MLS team most people wouldn't turn their nose up.

TFC The Hague
04-09-2010, 06:31 AM
I wouldn't say that both Van Gessel and Matthijs would look good at TFC. Both are getting older and especially Matthijs is not playing on Dutch Premier League level anymore. Van Gessel might have been a nice depth addition, but it's overstated to say that these guys would've been great players for TFC.

The Lodeweges connection will see more players come to Edmonton. Rein Baart (NEC Nijmegen) will be their GK, he's already 37 btw.

Bottom line, though: A Dutch connection would do TFC good, but not with these players...

jloome
04-09-2010, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't say that both Van Gessel and Matthijs would look good at TFC. Both are getting older and especially Matthijs is not playing on Dutch Premier League level anymore. Van Gessel might have been a nice depth addition, but it's overstated to say that these guys would've been great players for TFC.

The Lodeweges connection will see more players come to Edmonton. Rein Baart (NEC Nijmegen) will be their GK, he's already 37 btw.

Bottom line, though: A Dutch connection would do TFC good, but not with these players...

Yeah, maybe the tooth's gettign a bit long for TFC. Van Gessel struck me as being a guy who could help us.

Dunc
04-09-2010, 05:13 PM
I would love it if Mo had any sort of connection other than a Scottish one of unanimous hatred and one with a player agent firm

rocker
04-09-2010, 05:40 PM
yes, let's have a connection to old dutch players. ;)
Edmonton fans will be saying next in a few years "damnit, all these old dutch players... let's get somebody from England or something!"

Every manager and coach has certain connections over others.

http://www.typophile.com/files/old-dutch_5229.jpg

RealG-TFC
04-09-2010, 09:20 PM
^^ That would be a funny shirt sponsor.

menefreghista
04-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Not going to make fun of Edmonton signing old dutch players when we seem to be making room for Dichov...

rocker
04-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Not going to make fun of Edmonton signing old dutch players when we seem to be making room for Dichov...

worry about that when he actually signs.. if ever.

Macksam
04-11-2010, 01:12 AM
yes, let's have a connection to old dutch players. ;)
Edmonton fans will be saying next in a few years "damnit, all these old dutch players... let's get somebody from England or something!"

Every manager and coach has certain connections over others.

I don't think it'll get that bad for them.:D