PDA

View Full Version : Organized Anti-Mo display April 15?

boozilla
04-08-2010, 12:36 AM
Floating the idea.

Krasno.pL.
04-08-2010, 12:48 AM
I may be wrong.. but i dont think anybody is willing to touch this just yet..

Auzzy
04-08-2010, 12:57 AM
For what exactly? It's very likely that Mo has screwed up a number of things, but right now, it's not clear what all of those things are.

The most obvious screw-ups were in the previous years, with bad signings etc. How do you make that into an anti-Mo display, in 2010? And even though we dumped players now & have to eat salary (Robbo, Gerba??), how much of that should be pinned on Mo, and how much on Preki for wanting to clear the decks?

Obviously the thin roster & late signings are a problem, AGAIN. But how much of that to blame on Mo this year, how much on Preki, and how much on other factors (CBA etc)? What if Mo signs a couple of good players this week as promised? And even if we don't end up liking his signings from this year, did Mo choose thse players, or Preki?

Sure, there are also various rumours that certain players (past & present) don't like Mo, other possible problems etc, but how do you turn that into a banner? And in all these situations, how much are things being influenced by First Wave?

I think we at least have to see who gets signed in the next week, and how Preki's squad turns out after a handful of games.

westrouge
04-08-2010, 01:37 AM
The post above this more or less sums it up: It is too early, and unfair to pin the blame just yet. Let things come into place (or not), and get behind the boys on game day!

Hustle
04-08-2010, 04:33 AM
Game time should be for supporting the team in a positive way so spending time and effort organizing negative displays is a huge waste of resources. You think Mo isn't feeling the heat already?

I do not see how any negative displays come game day are going to help our boys win.

denime
04-08-2010, 05:21 AM
To early no need to waste energy on that,opening home game should be abut team/players support.

nascarguy
04-08-2010, 05:53 AM
I would give mo a month

905shmick
04-08-2010, 07:04 AM
Floating the idea.

Just do up a 2 stick. Don't try to organize it or it wont get done.

Hopefully others will do the same.

Don't let the others here who don't think it's a wise idea persuade you otherwise.

Mo must go.

GeorgeBest
04-08-2010, 07:09 AM
I would give mo a month
I suggest a compromise. The minute TFC gets down by a score of 3-0, the whole crowd chants "Mo Must Go" for the rest of the game. Otherwise Mo gets a pass.

905shmick
04-08-2010, 07:10 AM
I suggest a compromise. The minute TFC gets down by a score of 3-0, the whole crowd chants "Mo Must Go" for the rest of the game. Otherwise Mo gets a pass.

:picard:

FluSH
04-08-2010, 07:15 AM
Floating the idea.

hmmm

Premature right now... but when the time comes... a few blessings and approvals will need to be made...

As consigliere :D, I can tell you you'll need to be introduce to the right person in charge, and that person is...

Oblio2
04-08-2010, 07:21 AM
Instead of an Anti Mo demonstration, be positive and have a "Thank you Jimmy celebration"

Mikey
04-08-2010, 07:23 AM
Floating the idea.

I dont think it will need organising. If they continue with their shitty preseason form and random cap clearances it'll start on it's own....

Mikey
04-08-2010, 07:25 AM
Instead of an Anti Mo demonstration, be positive and have a "Thank you Jimmy celebration"

This is a good idea.

Oh we'd rather cheer for Jimmy than for Mo.
Yes we'd rather cheer for Jimmy than for Mo
Yes we'd rather cheer for Jimmy, rather cheer for Jimmy!
Rather cheer for Jimmy than for Mo....:scarf:

drewski
04-08-2010, 07:35 AM

+1

lets start off on a good foot. welcome preki & thank Jimmy. Save the protesting for a bit later in the season after we've got a chance to see what this incarnation of the team has done. cause it would be mighty embarrassing and not good for relations with the FO if someway, somehow they manage to turn it around.

Technorgasm
04-08-2010, 07:37 AM
+2 - Protest banners are fucking LAME. and do nothing but seed dissent.

Is it funny that the person who stated this thread is "BOOzilla" I think thats funny.

Davenport
04-08-2010, 07:37 AM
Let's all buy Norwich City scarves.

Like Manure fans did........

FluSH
04-08-2010, 07:42 AM
Soooo...

I read this article this morning:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basketball/nba/raptors/chrisbosh/article/791800--raptors-dismay-bosh-done-turkoglu-hurt-loss-to-celtics

and one quote struck me:

That was the moment of the night that hurt Calderon more than anything.
“I feel really hurt today when I was out there and we missed a couple of shots and several fans booed us,” said Calderon. “I took it a little bit personal (because) I give a lot to this team and it was a tough situation. We're trying to win, we're trying to go to the playoffs and it was a tough one for me.
“When we say we have to stay together, we've got to stay together for real. Everyone wants to be in those playoffs. If we miss one shot and we don't have the people with us, it's tough to play like that. It was a tough one.”

All that I could think of was... "I'm sorry Calderon, too bad your not playing Futbol"

Yeah I feel dissapointed and mad even at times... but when the game starts we are the 12th man... That's our role... that's why we are supporters... we're not fans texting at games.

I love this game... and I love this team

W1wKPLCWApQ

-FluSH

Oldtimer
04-08-2010, 07:47 AM
It's too early. It's not credible at this point (pre-season losses don't count),

If the team does poorly (as we all expect) there will be a time for this, maybe around game 5 or so.

drewski
04-08-2010, 07:49 AM
Soooo...

I read this article this morning:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basketball/nba/raptors/chrisbosh/article/791800--raptors-dismay-bosh-done-turkoglu-hurt-loss-to-celtics

and one quote struck me:

All that I could think of was... "I'm sorry Calderon, too bad your not playing Futbol"

Yeah I feel dissapointed and mad even at times... but when the game starts we are the 12th man... That's our role... that's why we are supporters... we're not fans texting at games.

I love this game... and I love this team

-FluSH

well said. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

FluSH
04-08-2010, 10:47 AM
^^^
thanks

Boris
04-08-2010, 10:57 AM
this is to early.
Are we going to burn BMO down too?

Lets wait and see how this new system works out.
Then we will proceed in a smart manner. We wont say.....walk out on the team....

Parkdale
04-08-2010, 10:59 AM
yeah... this is too early, and coming from a non-member with only a month of posting under his belt.... not really what I'd call a 'plan of action'.