PDA

View Full Version : We all dream of a team of Jimmy B's! The Best of Brennan.

J .
04-07-2010, 03:42 PM
If anyone wants to post their favourite Jimmy Brennan moment....

For me, it was when he signed. It was very uplifting for Toronto to get a player with a good pedigree and ended up delivering. I remember where I was when I heard TFC annoucned their first signing. It felt great to have professional soccer come to Canada and finally have a team to cheer (drink) for.

Second, the set piece goal in Columbus. Has to be one of the best goals ever scored in a TFC uniform.

:flare::drum::flare:

madcow
04-07-2010, 03:46 PM
I loved how he played with passion and pride, that and whenever he would grab a sumbitch by the throat.

TFC Tifoso
04-07-2010, 03:48 PM
"you Diving Fucking Cunt!!!"....

Yeoman
04-07-2010, 03:48 PM
i may not have been there
but the fact that he custom signed my jimmy b player of the year plaque, just shows pure class
i wish i could have been there to see the look on his face when he got one of my platoon patches though

ManUtd4ever
04-07-2010, 03:49 PM
My favorite Brennan moments:

1. Free kick goal against Columbus in the inaugral season

2. Winning goal against RSL late last season

3. Fans chanting "We want Brennan" at the All-Star game at BMO Field

THA BUTCHA
04-07-2010, 04:15 PM
pfft. brennan is shit and I consider this the best news If heard all year.

As much as some people would believe he was a leader, he never lead this team where it mattered most "ON THE PITCH." I'm looking forward to DERO finally receiving the captaincy. They should of gave it to him along time ago.

Now that They've put brennan as management I look forwadr to the day MOJO gets Fired and the new GM sends the Useless, Faux Leader, Brennan a Nice big PINK SLIP.

I give Brennan 6 Months Tops.

Starting Now.....

Auzzy
04-07-2010, 04:22 PM
^ Ah, wrong thread for that perhaps?

Back to the topic, I loved Jimmy's goal against KC last year. Season opener, beautiful left-footed shot from the captain, and then going on to win the game. For a moment it seemed like the demons had been banished: winning & scoring a bunch of goals in an away game, starting the season right, etc...

tfc2007
04-07-2010, 04:22 PM

As much as some people would believe he was a leader, he never lead this team where it mattered most "ON THE PITCH." I'm looking forward to DERO finally receiving the captaincy. They should of gave it to him along time ago.

Now that They've put brennan as management I look forwadr to the day MOJO gets Fired and the new GM sends the Useless, Faux Leader, Brennan a Nice big PINK SLIP.

Starting Now.....

I don't mind you having a negative opinion about Jimmy, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but can you not go write that in a more suitable thread?

Anyways,

I just loved how even when he was injured, with the broken ribs especially, he always played. He always put the team before himself.

Yeoman
04-07-2010, 04:23 PM

Starting Now.....

so you want someone that has done nothing but complain at the team, and wants DP money to lead us?
yeah ok
i don't care if he scores goals, i can not stand dero's attitude

rocker
04-07-2010, 04:25 PM
loved that goal against KC at the start of last season ... against Fartman, right?

yellowfellow
04-07-2010, 04:50 PM
In Montreal. After we won the cup. Stupid me, stuck out my hand trying to give him five. He had a broken hand at the time. He looked at my hand and slapped it anyway.

AL-MO
04-07-2010, 04:53 PM
loved that goal against KC at the start of last season ... against Fartman, right?

Yep. I was there. Great moment!

His freekick in Columbus won't soon be forgotten either.

Technorgasm
04-07-2010, 04:57 PM
fe4s49zjG10

AMAZING

PpKrSkVzgdU

werewolf
04-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Either last year, or the one before, we were playing at New England, and one of their young Gambians was flopping around. So Jimmy stood over him, called him a cunt, and cocked his arm back.

Also remember when we played against Aston Villa, and Carew scored a goal, picked the ball out of the net and slowly walked back to half-way while clapping to the Villa fans. Jimmy didn't appreciate that, and let him know.

Not to mention all the injuries he played through, especially when the games were meaningless from a standings point a view.

It is hard to replace that kind of heart and soul.

deeznutz
04-07-2010, 05:39 PM
In Montreal. After we won the cup. Stupid me, stuck out my hand trying to give him five. He had a broken hand at the time. He looked at my hand and slapped it anyway.

Classic!!!

Antoshka
04-07-2010, 07:00 PM
playing with bruised ribs and broken hand all wrapped up like a mummy in the first season.

canadian_bhoy
04-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Things I saw live
- Free kick goal in Columbus
- Playing with broken ribs
- Coming on at the all star game
- Talking with JB about Celtic and TFC at the Duke of Gloucester pub night first year (right before meeting will and nick and then drinking all of Mo's beer)

Things I saw on TV
- Singing for the club, the first ever
- "diving C**t" in New England
- Seeing him lift our first ever trophy!

KezmanCCCC
04-07-2010, 10:54 PM
The fact that he barely missed any matches for the club over the past 3 years... he is a warrior and i dont think anyone could have been a better captain for this club for the past 3 seasons... he will always be one of my favourite toronto fc players... good luck jimmy B in the future!! hope to maybe see you one day coach TFC or the canadian NT... prehaps...

morgank1986
04-08-2010, 01:24 AM
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn132/morgank1986/JimmyB.jpg

http://analienearthling.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/substitution.jpg
(with the numbers changed to 11 and 11)

Any chance we could get something like either of these made for the home opener?

Stencils
04-08-2010, 08:28 AM
I remember walking from Union Station to BMO because it was a super nice afternoon ahead of the Canada - Jamaica game and as we were walking down front street my girlfriend (now my wife) and I bumped into Jimmy B and Sutton. Looked like they were just getting exercise or something ahead of the match but they were just strolling and talking.

I was probably a little invasive and fan-ish, but they both shook my hand and thanked me for supporting TFC and Canada and as we were walking away Jimmy called to enjoy the match.

Brennan was always one of my favourite players on the team, regardless of how his skill did or did not meet what we need in that spot. I'll miss seeing him in the starting 11.

boomcha
04-08-2010, 09:01 AM
At the player meet and greet first year at the Madison he was pretty engaging and seemed really happy that we had taken the time to come down and support all the players.

I also remember going down to the island airport last summer and while we were all chanting "Campione!" and clapping he patted me on the back and said thanks for coming down. Even better is that this moment was captured on TFC TV.

Jimmy B is class. Wish him all the best.