PDA

View Full Version : May 22 TFC vs NE game time changed to 1pm (from 4pm)

sulfur
04-06-2010, 01:23 PM
From http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/04/reds-v-revs-match-pulled-back

Toronto FC announced Tuesday that their regularly scheduled match against the New England Revolution on Saturday, May 22 will now kick off at 1p.m. ET instead of the originally scheduled time of 4 p.m. ET.

The change was made after hearing from Toronto’s passionate supporters who would like to witness both the UEFA Champions League final and the Toronto FC – New England matchup.

tfc2007
04-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Thank you!!

Super
04-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Respect to Paul Beirne for setting this up. This is really appreciated greatly!!!

Thrillos
04-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Still screws the time up, game ends at 3, get out of stadium by 3:30.... yet the game starts at 2:45, so now people will just leave early instead of show up late.

Whoop
04-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Some might not show up at all.

RedsYNWA
04-06-2010, 01:33 PM
12:30 would have been better...I guess I'll sneak out early

flatpicker
04-06-2010, 01:42 PM
^ I'm obviously a little behind on the latest news... so congratulations to the two of you!

As for the change in game time... it is hard to see how this makes much difference.
It really should have been noon start.
Not sure they thought this through very well.

Batman
04-06-2010, 01:53 PM
DAMMIT!

Gobi and I are getting married the next day. We were grateful for the 4pm start as it would have given us just enough time to get everything we need down to Ward's Island and make it to the game.

The needs of the many I suppose...

Wow, congrats to the two if you!!:drum::drum::drum::drinking:

koryo
04-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Thanks! But We're Missing The Game Now!

Whoop
04-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Congrats koryo!

daner90
04-06-2010, 02:00 PM
love it! I didnt plan on watching that OTHER game anyways...tickets should be much easier to come by as well!

menefreghista
04-06-2010, 03:52 PM
Its still a fuck up.

Should have moved the TFC game to noon or 7pm.

If you aren't going to fix the problem properly, why even bother?

Suds
04-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Its still a fuck up.

Maybe they were limited on their options due to TV schedules?? This may have been the best option they could have come up with.

Carts
04-06-2010, 04:02 PM
^ I'm obviously a little behind on the latest news... so congratulations to the two of you!

As for the change in game time... it is hard to see how this makes much difference.
It really should have been noon start.
Not sure they thought this through very well.

Is it a CBC game...?

If so, they might have said 1pm is the earliest they'd broadcast (7pm no chance, NHL Conference Finals will be on)... Even the competing networks (if its a SportsNet game) would say no to 7pm b/c they wouldn't want to broadcast against NHL Conf Finals...

Remember guys, 6 Groups have to agree to a change...
MLS
Toronto FC
New England Rev
BMO Field
Local TV Toronto (or National Canada)
Local TV New England (or National USA)

Changing the time is not as easy as it sounds...

TFC came up with the best compromise that everyone above agreed to...

Carts...

menefreghista
04-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Maybe they were limited on their options due to TV schedules?? This may have been the best option they could have come up with.

CBC shows shit fuck all before TFC games on Saturdays. Usually arty shit or kids programming that they can move or pre-empt.

The bottom line is CBC doesn't care if we conflict with the Champions League.

They have no problem showing a TFC game at noon when it conflicts with their own sport programming (World Cup 3rd place match).

The fact that the two games still overlap is a band aid solution.

denime
04-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Still screws the time up, game ends at 3, get out of stadium by 3:30.... yet the game starts at 2:45, so now people will just leave early instead of show up late.

Shoeless Joe is just around the corner ;)

Darlofletch
04-06-2010, 04:17 PM
meh.

i didn't give a shit about the champs league final. I'm not really keen on early afternoon kickoffs, really messes up the day's drinking.

if i complain hard enough will they change it back again?
boooooooooooooooo!

Carts
04-07-2010, 09:31 AM
meh.

i didn't give a shit about the champs league final. I'm not really keen on early afternoon kickoffs, really messes up the day's drinking.

if i complain hard enough will they change it back again?
boooooooooooooooo!

Its always 5pm somewhere... Drink up, drink early :drinking:

I don't like the 1pm starts either, but I'm glad they shifted this one so we can stumble over to Joes & catch most of the CL Final...

Carts... :D

Commie Red
04-07-2010, 09:54 AM
It would be fun if MLSE broadcast the Champions League game on the scoreboard right after our game. I know it's not the highest quality video board out there, but the atmosphere would compensate for the lack of detail. What was once a conflict for footie fans turns into a party of footie fans.

Super Cereal
04-07-2010, 12:33 PM
The bottom line is CBC doesn't care if we conflict with the Champions League.
And why th fuck should they? It's not like they broadcast it. You expect them to be willing to work around it to help a rival netweork give viewers?

I wish CBC had all the games.

menefreghista
04-07-2010, 12:37 PM
And why th fuck should they? It's not like they broadcast it. You expect them to be willing to work around it to help a rival netweork give viewers?

I wish CBC had all the games.

Umm, maybe so CBC can get the highest ratings possible? Which won't happen against the Champions League, especially if this team continues to shit the bed.

Red Rat
04-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Koryo and Goby way to go...
I will make it for the first half and be a part time supporter

rr

rocker
04-07-2010, 02:02 PM
i didn't give a shit about the champs league final.

i thought i was the only one...

i don't really care either. it's not like i grew up in spain and my hometown team could be in the final.. haha.

i might PVR it or something, but it's not like i would skip a game of my hometown team to watch a foreign league match or run home to catch it live. the PVR will still be there when i get home ;)

werewolf
04-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Its still a fuck up.

:lol:

I understand the people involved, and its not easy to change game times, but really I have to agree with the above. Either noon or 7, but at the same time, this date has been in UEFAs Calender for a couple of years, the MLS schedule has been out...2 months (?). Poor planning from the start. I appreciate the small change, but its far from a fix.