PDA

View Full Version : Team Morale

mastermixer
04-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Ok I know the morale around here about TFC is not the best at the moment, but I wonder how the players feel so far this season? Do you think they are motivated and gelling together as a team? I'm sure they hear all the negative press they are getting at the moment do you think it has an effect on them?

Lucky Strike
04-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Ok I know the morale around here about TFC is not the best at the moment, but I wonder how the players feel so far this season? Do you think they are motivated and gelling together as a team? I'm sure they hear all the negative press they are getting at the moment do you think it has an effect on them?

Not really, they don't have time to read every forum or news article about the team and nor should they. Aside from the figure players on the team like coach Preki, DeRo, JDG and Brennan, players can insulate themselves from the media fairly well.

tfc2007
04-06-2010, 12:04 PM
The team seemed to be gellin today at practise. Calling eachother out for a bad pass or things like that when needed, but seemed to get along.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-06-2010, 01:37 PM
all the interviews seem positive outside of the concern for a lack of bodies, which seem to be coming in steadily

mastermixer
04-06-2010, 02:00 PM
all the interviews seem positive outside of the concern for a lack of bodies, which seem to be coming in steadily

That's the thing. Lack of bodies, constant turonver of players, hard-nose coaching I just find it hard to believe that they are all in the best frame of mind right now.

Pookie
04-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Here's one fact that drives the young players.

They want to move forward in their careers. You do that by earning playing time and performing for your next contract.

Do you think that Gala or Sanyang want to keep on making $34-40k per year (http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/3_15_09_salary_info_club.pdf ) or that Nana isn't interested in potentially moving overseas?

Quite frankly, if they are sulking or sucking wind because of hard nose coaching then they are doomed for failure. Never forget the fact that Toronto is a stepping stone to greater things. That's what the MLS is. There is no time for feeling sorry for yourself.

Beach_Red
04-06-2010, 03:15 PM
^ Good point.

Of course, the other way for the team to reward players at the end of their career is with Front Office jobs - if Guevara had hung in there one more year maybe we would have gotten a Central American scout...

J .
04-06-2010, 04:39 PM
I think the players may not be use to the method Preki employs. But frankly after three years of lacklustre efforts and coddling, they need someone to change the tone of the club.

Its likely they will be happy getting results, but losing will make it tougher for them to be happy.

canadian_bhoy
04-06-2010, 04:54 PM
What team?