PDA

View Full Version : Preki Approval Rating - April 2010

DichioTFC
04-05-2010, 09:53 AM
ESPN has this for NFL coaches, I think its useful here.

Simple and sweet, interpret the question how you feel.

Damien
04-05-2010, 09:56 AM
lol after 1 game?!!! :lol:!!!!!

DichioTFC
04-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Definitely. Some people on these boards approve very strongly of the job he's doing, and others have been flaming away.

bgnewf
04-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Dude. This is absurd. With due respect all you are doing here is stirring the pot unecessarily. We have had 90 minutes man to judge this coach in game day tactics and situations! It's like trying to judge you in your job after one day at work.

Silly.

Moderators, please close this silliness down and re-open it in November.

DichioTFC
04-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Dude. This is absurd. With due respect all you are doing here is stirring the pot unecessarily. We have had 90 minutes man to judge this coach in game day tactics and situations! It's like trying to judge you in your job after one day at work.

Silly.

Multiple preseason games, multiple interviews, handling of trailists, the Columbus game.. theres quite a bit to judge Preki.

Roogsy
04-05-2010, 10:02 AM
I'd have to agree with DichioTFC. This is a valid discussion regardless if someone thinks it's premature. Besides...it could be done on a regular basis as the year goes one and we can see the progression in opinion as he does a good job or not.

After all, news websites have "power rankings" for teams as the year progresses. We rate players on a per game basis. Why not coaches?

Auzzy
04-05-2010, 10:03 AM
How about a third poll option: "I don't have a clue, too early." ?

Beach_Red
04-05-2010, 10:05 AM

Silly.

It's interesting you mention November. He was hired last November and apeears to have done nothing until days before the season started. It seems so unlikely that was his plan...

Detroit_TFC
04-05-2010, 10:12 AM
I voted no, simply because we do not have a competitive squad as of the beginning of the year while other clubs have made improvements on their rosters. Completely unacceptable - full stop.

But it's not just Preki's fault so I'm not saying dump him. It's a collective failure of the entire organization. I really really hope to be proven wrong.

tfc2007
04-05-2010, 10:12 AM
He has not done anything wrong. As of right now, I do approve of him.

This is a valid discussion, as Power Rankings are done weekly. This would be a good thread to have either bi-weekly, or monthly.

Shaughno
04-05-2010, 10:13 AM
It's interesting you mention November. He was hired last November and apeears to have done nothing until days before the season started. It seems so unlikely that was his plan...

... and who's to say he was 'allowed' to do anything that early? I'm sure there were probably plenty of pow wows to get him acquainted with the team/staff/city/plans/etc.

IMO, it's still too early to judge.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-05-2010, 10:17 AM

yeah seriously, also i dont know how people cant based on thsi alone

koryo
04-05-2010, 10:21 AM
... and who's to say he was 'allowed' to do anything that early? I'm sure there were probably plenty of pow wows to get him acquainted with the team/staff/city/plans/etc.

Spot on. He's on the clock at the end of season one as far as I'm concerned.

TorCanSoc
04-05-2010, 10:23 AM
He's got the balls to clean house for his system. And yes, no one can judge his system based on one game. But he's got my approval for the house-cleaning exercise alone.

werewolf
04-05-2010, 10:23 AM

:noidea:

Toronto Gunner
04-05-2010, 10:34 AM
We don't even have our roster finalized - it might be a bit premature to start the formal evaluation...

TFC/ARSENAL
04-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Let's not be hasty about judging this guy. Let's wait at least until the team scores a goal.

S_D
04-05-2010, 10:52 AM

We don't even know how much power he has now lol. Even though he was here since last Nov, he really didn't get to see what he had until the preseason. He may just have given Mo a list... get rid of these and I want those players and said get er done Mo.

Preki did say it is going to take a while to get things straightened out, and we all knew that seeing some of the albatross contracts we had and still have. He did well managing the Chivas cap unlike Mo did in the past. The problem is if things are still messed up it will be hard to figure out who is to blame.

Rudi
04-05-2010, 10:54 AM
In Preki We Judge. ;)

Beach_Red
04-05-2010, 10:57 AM
We don't even know how much power he has now lol. Even though he was here since last Nov, he really didn't get to see what he had until the preseason. He may just have given Mo a list... get rid of these and I want those players and said get er done Mo.

Preki did say it is going to take a while to get things straightened out, and we all knew that seeing some of the albatross contracts we had and still have. He did well managing the Chivas cap unlike Mo did in the past. The problem is if things are still messed up it will be hard to figure out who is to blame.

The truth is, we don't really know how much power either one of them has. That's what I was getting at - with the threat of a strike or lockout it's unlikely either one of them were allowed to offer any contracts to anyone, so really, the team's probably only been operating since the CBA was signed.

It's way too early to tell.

Fort Rouillé Toronto
04-05-2010, 10:59 AM
In Preki We Judge. ;)

spot on Rudi

marshall_law
04-05-2010, 11:06 AM
as pointed out above, this is a valid question.

we're not being asked to make a final judgment - just how we feel at the moment. i'm assuming OP's intent was to ask this question multiple times throughout the season.

although, i would like to see an "undecided" or "neutral" option.

Oldtimer
04-05-2010, 11:10 AM
I think it takes at least 5 league matches to show how a coach is doing. Until then, Preki gets a free pass from me.

wzhxvy
04-05-2010, 11:20 AM
I would agree a normal coach gets more time but when you come and clean house because of some supposed philosophy or tactic...then you better have a plan, and in my mind the accountability increases several fold. So far, this has been nothing short of a cluster...and Preki shas hared accountability with Mo. What ever happened to working with the team you have, maximizing outcomes and replacing strategically as the opportunities arise. Evidently its not Preki's strategy and thats fine, but then he owns every single loss and results from Day 1...no excuses.

Damien
04-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Since we're judging him this early why not fire him? He hasn't won a regular season game in club history!!

....and that's why it's dumb to judge now... if we're gonna judge for April it should be after April actually happens.

Daveisonfire
04-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Guys this is clearly a poll to see if you rate him at the moment from what you've seen so far from preseason and whatever else...setting an opinion benchmark to see how it changes over the season on a monthly basis.

I don't think the OPs intention is for us to start judging Preki's accomplishments, just whether you rate him or not.

Anyways it will be interesting to see the progression of opinion throughout the season

Shaughno
04-05-2010, 11:31 AM
I would agree a normal coach gets more time but when you come and clean house because of some supposed philosophy or tactic...then you better have a plan, and in my mind the accountability increases several fold. So far, this has been nothing short of a cluster...and Preki shas hared accountability with Mo. What ever happened to working with the team you have, maximizing outcomes and replacing strategically as the opportunities arise. Evidently its not Preki's strategy and thats fine, but then he owns every single loss and results from Day 1...no excuses.

So you think that a coach should work with team they get stuck with? Our biggest problem was cap space. We paid down our cap last year with a bunch of allocations, allocations we didn't have this year. There was no way we could have filled out the roster and stayed under the cap with last year's squad. So something had to happen.

I give Preki credit for having the balls to clean house. Guevara was an asset, but was neither consistent nor would he have been 100% focused with the WC campaign for Honduras. Robbo was injury riddled and overpaid, his recent knee injury shows this again. Love the guy, but he wasn't the two way player that Preki wants, neither is Guevara.

Look at Chivas this year. Basically the same team, but without Preki, and they're two losses from two games, no goals, 3 against.

Preki has been noted for getting the best out of his players, for a minimal cost. That's (to me anyway) so obvious with the moves he's made so far, so why not give him a chance to prove himself before cutting him down?

koryo
04-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Okay then, if rating him to-date:

1. he's making hard choices now in terms of clearing out salary that will serve us well down the road.

2. we're a better organized side.

The way he's going about it though, we're not going to see dividends until the end of this season at the earliest.

Johnston still has to go. Preki on the other hand... give him time.

trane
04-05-2010, 12:03 PM
I have said yes, but realy it is too early, I give him 10 full games, as I did with every other manager. So far we have not looked great, and I am disapointed at how we looked in pre-season in particular, not that we looked great in columbus. But I give him the benegfit of the doubt. For now.

TFCtoMUFC
04-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Let's not be hasty about judging this guy. Let's wait at least until the team scores a goal.

If/When Garcia scores an OG does that count?

ManUtd4ever
04-05-2010, 12:09 PM
So you think that a coach should work with team they get stuck with? Our biggest problem was cap space. We paid down our cap last year with a bunch of allocations, allocations we didn't have this year. There was no way we could have filled out the roster and stayed under the cap with last year's squad. So something had to happen.

I give Preki credit for having the balls to clean house. Guevara was an asset, but was neither consistent nor would he have been 100% focused with the WC campaign for Honduras. Robbo was injury riddled and overpaid, his recent knee injury shows this again. Love the guy, but he wasn't the two way player that Preki wants, neither is Guevara.

Look at Chivas this year. Basically the same team, but without Preki, and they're two losses from two games, no goals, 3 against.

Preki has been noted for getting the best out of his players, for a minimal cost. That's (to me anyway) so obvious with the moves he's made so far, so why not give him a chance to prove himself before cutting him down?

Exactly. TFC is in their current roster predicament because Preki evaluated the incumbent players in the preseason, identified the individuals that didn't fit in with his system, and traded\released them with no regard to their contract status. Other than Garcia, I have no issue with his personnel decisions thus far...

TFC USA
04-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Considering Preki has yet to win an MLS Cup in his 1 game with us, I should've voted no. :)

Belfast_Boy
04-05-2010, 12:21 PM
it's too early.
he'll have to clear out the deadwood. get new players and get them playing his system. then we can start to have a more educated discussion instead of emotional response to the performance so far.
it will be a long season for us. this can't be fixed or changed over night. mid to late season to start showing results IMO.

Shaughno
04-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Thing is, I've noticed that the team already has way more cohesion and seems to work as a unit.

So in that sense, I think Preki HAS done a good job with the limited time/personnel so far.

trane
04-05-2010, 12:27 PM
^ I must confes I did not see enough of the Columbus game, alot of it I heard, so I am judging moslty on pre-season. I trust you judgment.

The Professor
04-05-2010, 12:36 PM
After one match?

You might as well ask:

Has grass at BMO improved TFC's performance?

Shaughno
04-05-2010, 12:39 PM
YES!!! hahaha Professor, that's probably the most accurate post yet.

Roogsy
04-05-2010, 12:43 PM
I think it's a little naive to say that a person cannot have an opinion of Preki's job to this point.

Having an opinion of what he has done so far, with what he has, isn't a hard thing to do. You simply take into account all current factors, including the roster handicaps and ask yourself whether he has done as good a job as is possible or not?

That isn't exactly a difficult thing to do, nor is it the equivalent of saying that this is a conclusive evaluation of Preki overall or of the entire season. It's pretty self-explanatory that this is an opinion of what he has done to this point. I mean, the man has been with the team for almost 5 months now, it's not like he arrive yesterday.

Every job and every person gets evaluated on an ongoing basis from the very beginning of his job. Usually from the first day. It may not be a complete or conclusive evaluation but it forms part of an ongoing opinion. For us to excuse Preki just because the roster is not complete is a silly position to take considering TFC's history of NEVER having a static roster. Does that mean he will never be evaluated?

Shaughno
04-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Roogs, I would agree. I just don't think we've see enough along with we don't have enough information to judge ACCURATELY.

AL-MO
04-05-2010, 12:53 PM
I was hoping to look at his season as an entire body of work, not month by month but that's just me.

Shaughno
04-05-2010, 12:57 PM
I was hoping to look at his season as an entire body of work, not month by month but that's just me.

That's what I'm saying. The guy is basically blowing up anything that resembled TFC pre-Preki... and is reassembling a completely new looking and feeling squad. It's not an overnight process.

Having an opinion of what he has done so far, with what he has, isn't a hard thing to do. You simply take into account all current factors, including the roster handicaps and ask yourself whether he has done as good a job as is possible or not?

FWIW, I think Koryo accurately answered all your criteria already...

Okay then, if rating him to-date:

1. he's making hard choices now in terms of clearing out salary that will serve us well down the road.

2. we're a better organized side.

The way he's going about it though, we're not going to see dividends until the end of this season at the earliest.

Johnston still has to go. Preki on the other hand... give him time.

Snoop
04-05-2010, 12:57 PM
I like the moves he has made so far, although we don't have solid striking options and are defense is still thin.

With regards to the poll, I like having it now but we also need one at the 15 game mark and one when we win the MLS Cup at the end of the season (:D) to ascertain our changing feelings and opinions.

Belfast_Boy
04-05-2010, 01:02 PM
an opinion about it is ok. but you know how these threads can get. one minute it's a bit of talk about the performance next thing somebody will want a banner with a "message"

Pronto
04-05-2010, 01:08 PM
when he cuts Garcia and Brennan his job will start... yup i said it!

Roogsy
04-05-2010, 01:08 PM

From an analytical point of view, that is a foolish way to form an opinion. Because there will always be justifications to take another year or two into account. In the meantime, you're not going to form any opinion whatsoever? Nobody does that.

If that were the case, we wouldn't have so many Garcia-haters on here...after all, he hasn't spent an entire season here either. :rolleyes:

Roogsy
04-05-2010, 01:10 PM
That's what I'm saying. The guy is basically blowing up anything that resembled TFC pre-Preki... and is reassembling a completely new looking and feeling squad. It's not an overnight process.

FWIW, I think Koryo accurately answered all your criteria already...

In other words, there are reasons for people to form a positive opinion on him right?

So there IS enough to form SOME sort of opinion on him, even if it's based on limited data and will require more information as it is forthcoming.

Therefore all these posts about it being "too soon" are batty.

Shaughno
04-05-2010, 01:11 PM
In other words, there are reasons for people to form a positive opinion on him right?

So there IS enough to form SOME sort of opinion on him, even if it's based on limited data and will require more information as it is forthcoming.

Therefore all these posts about it being "too soon" are batty.

Actually, I believe I said that it's too soon to form an accurate opinion of Preki.

Roogsy
04-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Accuracy is not a practical goal when discussing opinions.

Facts and accuracy are different things.

Accuracy requires a standard, a gauge. And more importantly, consensus. And if there is anything in sport that is almost impossible to achieve, it's consensus.

Therefore, there never will be a time when we can form an accurate opinion on Preki or any other coach.

Shaughno
04-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Sure you can. When Preki has had at least half a season, to tinker and work with the squad he's put together. Then we can accurately assess the good/bad things he's done and come up with a general consensus.

At this point, we've had nothing concrete to assess him on. Preseason? Nah, considering we had basically no team. Columbus? Nah, still not really a team and still dropping/adding players.

MrHawk
04-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Sure you can. When Preki has had at least half a season, to tinker and work with the squad he's put together. Then we can accurately assess the good/bad things he's done and come up with a general consensus.

At this point, we've had nothing concrete to assess him on. Preseason? Nah, considering we had basically no team. Columbus? Nah, still not really a team and still dropping/adding players.

Just remember, last year TFC started off good in pre-season, had a decent start to the MLS season (2-2-2) and look at how good that turned out.

I have to agree that such an early opinion would be un-fair.................but that's just my opinion. Give him time to work with what he's got (or lack there of), let him try to form some chemistry and a proper formation/starting squad.

But if you want an answer now...........I'd say he's doing alright with what he's got.

Shaughno
04-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Exactly Herr Hawk.

AL-MO
04-05-2010, 01:24 PM
From an analytical point of view, that is a foolish way to form an opinion. Because there will always be justifications to take another year or two into account. In the meantime, you're not going to form any opinion whatsoever? Nobody does that.

If that were the case, we wouldn't have so many Garcia-haters on here...after all, he hasn't spent an entire season here either. :rolleyes:

Those are two totally different situations. Preki has been at the helm for all of 1 competitive match.

Sorry...I thought I was been rational.

Roogsy
04-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Those are two totally different situations. Preki has been at the helm for all of 1 competitive match.

Sorry...I thought I was been rational.

So then what you are saying is that he should only be judged based on the number of competitive matches.

So he should not be judged on his roster decisions.

He should not be judged on how he has handled roster decisions.

He should not be judged on formations he has tinkered with in exhibition matches. Whether TFC looked more or less organized in Columbus had nothing to do with Preki, it was just a fluke.

He should not be judged on how he is training players.

Because none of that would be rational. :rolleyes:

Roogsy
04-05-2010, 01:39 PM

You misunderstand. Consensus on the gauge of accuracy, because you said that at some point we can "accurately" gauge his performance and I am tellng you that is an impossibility with 20 months under his belt, let alone 20 games. In sport, everyone has an opinion on where that standard should be. Will you be happy with a 6th spot in the league? Somebody else will be happy with an 8th spot. And others will only be happy with a deep run in the playoffs. After 4 years on these boards, do you really think there will be a consensus of what would entail a "satisfactory" performance from this team?

Opinions have nothing to do with what is "concrete" and everything to do with feeling and with intuition. At this point, is there enough to at least formulate an informed opinion on the man? Sure there is! Is it a conclusive opinion? Of course not! But since there is enough movement and play for at least an informed progressive opinion on him, why the objection to discussing it? If this roster continues to be a shambles all season long and Mo gives Preki nothing to work with for the entire season, will there be nothing to gauge Preki's performance? Of course not! Everyone will formulate an opinion based on the factors to be considered, including the time he's had and the player's he's been given. The source of information will not be different 20 games from now that isn't there now and there is nothing inhibiting us from starting that analysis now that can't be added to as time progresses. The only thing that changes is the quantity of data that comes our way upon which the progressive opinion will be formulated. And of course, that will change over time. It always does.

koryo
04-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Somebody better let Roogsy know that Kavanagh has hijacked his account.

AL-MO
04-05-2010, 01:43 PM
So then what you are saying is that he should only be judged based on the number of competitive matches.

He should not be judged on formations he has tinkered with in exhibition matches. Whether TFC looked more or less organized in Columbus had nothing to do with Preki, it was just a fluke.

Overanalyze all you want bro.

I haven't even seen this team play live yet.

Roogsy
04-05-2010, 01:43 PM

That was low. :lol:

Whoop
04-05-2010, 01:44 PM
^^
LOL

koryo
04-05-2010, 01:44 PM
That was low. :lol:

Sorry man, I couldn't resist :D

Roogsy
04-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Overanalyze all you want bro.

I haven't even seen this team play live yet.

Or don't analyze at all? :noidea:

Shaughno
04-05-2010, 01:47 PM
No shit. Roogs. This is football. It's not the financial world. Not everything has to be measured in business terms.

I feel, at this point, there isn't enough solid information to form an accurate opinion of Preki at TFC. When it comes to sports, every opinion is objective. As to say, no matter what happens a year from now, my opinion and yours will never gel 100%. No matter what the results are. So what I'm saying is that at this point, neither of us, or anyone else for that matter, has enough information and results to base a proper, accurate opinion on our new head coach. Especially since the squad is still very much in limbo in terms of starting XI. I feel that until Preki has a full team (or at least one he's going to stick with and not putting in players because he has no other option) any opinion is not a true representation of Preki's abilities.

Whoop
04-05-2010, 01:51 PM
It's all relative to when a decision has to be made about his performance. Is there a deadline?

The barometer of his performance would be based on this...

Given Preki performance to date, would you be willing to extend his contract or terminate his contract?

I think 95% of the people here would say - too early to tell.

Sometime around the summer, there will be more evidence based on his performance to judge and there will be a more definitive assessment.

Just because he took over in November doesn't mean you can assess the reason he was brought in - to coach.

You can use the evidence based on personnel decisions, preseason matches, etc. but really at the end of the day he's assessed on what he does as a coach.

And right now, it's too early too tell.

Roogsy
04-05-2010, 01:51 PM
I disagree Jay. This isnt about "finance", this is about "performance". Which is a demand in any job, in any industry. Especially sport.

Preki has a job where his main duty is to get the best out of his players, regardless of the roster he has. That means, his job begins the day he puts on the cleats and touches the field with the players. At that point, the analysis begins, end of story. Why? Because from that point forward, each training session, each game that goes by the team begins to resemble the coach's philosophy and abilities.

But yes, at the end of the season, the team will be playing a whole lot more like the style and preference of the new coach. But like many have commented already (including yourself I believe) the team "looked more organized". <<<--- THAT IS AN OPINION! Based on Preki's work SO FAR. Have you said this? Have others? If so, that means people have started to see effects of his work. If there are effects to be noticed, there is an analysis that can be performed and evaluated.

Therefore, based on the information we have so far...we can have an opinion, even if we admit it is incomplete. That is my entire point. Nothing more.

Rudi
04-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Ouch. :D

Shaughno
Sorry Roogs, I still don't agree. See Whoop's post for a great explanation. Anyone can have an opinion on something but to make an informed, and properly formed opinion, you need more definitive actions (results/roster moves/etc) to base it on.

After Gerba played one game with TFC, did you feel that you had enough information to base an accurate opinion of him as a player? How about Dichio? Or Cunningham?

Roogsy
It's all relative to when a decision has to be made about his performance. Is there a deadline?

The barometer of his performance would be based on this...

Given Preki performance to date, would you be willing to extend his contract or terminate his contract?

I think 95% of the people here would say - too early to tell.

Sometime around the summer, there will be more evidence based on his performance to judge and there will be a more definitive assessment.

Just because he took over in November doesn't mean you can assess the reason he was brought in - to coach.

You can use the evidence based on personnel decisions, preseason matches, etc. but really at the end of the day he's assessed on what he does as a coach.

And right now, it's too early too tell.

Tell me Victor: Is the opinion formulated by mid-season guaranteed to be the same as the opinion you will have at the end of the season?

Roogsy
04-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Sorry Roogs, I still don't agree. See Whoop's post for a great explanation.

I actually think Whoop's post actually proves my point but neither of you see it. The problem is that you guys are using a logical fallacy called "slippery slope". The problem here is that nobody is asking people to "extend" Preki's contract". The only thing discussed is to this point, do you think he's done a decent job? Yes or no. Are you telling me you can't even answer THAT question? That there isn't enough evidence to even say that?

FluSH
04-05-2010, 01:55 PM

+100

voted yes nonetheless... since we didn't have an option of undecided.

Beach_Red
04-05-2010, 01:59 PM

In fact, that kind of rational approach IS the problem.

It's exactly that kind of breaking down the large goal into smaller sections and judging each one that fails in sports. It's the corporate approach and it's really designed to make excuses for failures, so people can say to their boss, "Out of the six areas we use to judge, he was successful at four, so let's keep him doing what he's doing. We're on the right track."

But this isn't business (as others have pointed out) this is sports. The only thing that matters is winning games. A team can look like it's building and on the right track and doing the right things and improving forever and still never get over the hump and win a championship (like New England, 0-4 in Championship games).

There is no way to measure "progress" on a sports team, no way to know for sure when to blow everything up and start rebuilding and when to just tinker a little more. There's no formula.

That's why sports are so interesting and so frustrating ;).

Shaughno
04-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Tell me Victor: Is the opinion formulated by mid-season guaranteed to be the same as the opinion you will have at the end of the season?

NO! This is what I was saying. More results = more factual information to base an opinion off of.

I actually think Whoop's post actually proves my point but neither of you see it. The problem is that you guys are using a logical fallacy called "slippery slope". The problem here is that nobody is asking people to "extend" Preki's contract. The only thing discussed is to this point, do you think he's done a decent job? Yes or no. Are you telling me you can't even answer THAT question? That there isn't enough evidence to even say that?

Can I provide an opinion? Yes. Do I feel it accurately represents Preki and how he's doing with TFC? No. I have not seen enough to make an informed decision.

Shaughno
04-05-2010, 02:01 PM
In fact, that kind of rational approach IS the problem.

It's exactly that kind of breaking down the large goal into smaller sections and judging each one that fails in sports. It's the corporate approach and it's really designed to make excuses for failures, so people can say to their boss, "Out of the six areas we use to judge, he was successful at four, so let's keep him doing what he's doing. We're on the right track."

But this isn't business (as others have pointed out) this is sports. The only thing that matters is winning games. A team can look like it's building and on the right track and doing the right things and improving forever and still never get over the hump and win a championship (like New England, 0-4 in Championship games).

There is no way to measure "progress" on a sports team, no way to know for sure when to blow everything up and start rebuilding and when to just tinker a little more. There's no formula.

That's why sports are so interesting and so frustrating ;).

Thank you! LOL

And until Preki has gotten results (whether they be w/d/l), you can't accurately judge how Preki has done with TFC so far.

Whoop
Of course not.

When I go watch players - over the course of a season - there are ebbs and flows. Some people put more emphasis a player's performance in the playoffs, some people put an emphasis on a player's performance in a particular game. I always say every performance is part of the puzzle/picture.

At some point you will be comfortable about your assessment after a couple of shifts, games, etc. Sometimes you're not... you want to see more. At the end of day though, there is a deadline of when a decision has to be made.

Are you comfortable with your assessment of Preki right now, that you can make a decision on his future? Because essentially that's what it comes down to. Or would you rather gather more information?

Everyone knows what opinions are like...

And at the day, opinions mean shit until you have to make a definitive answer.

Roogsy
NO! This is what I was saying. More results = more factual information to base an opinion off of.

Then by that rationale, none of us should have any opinion whatsoever of Preki until the end of the year when all the data is in. We should simply all agree not to discuss Preki's performance until the record books for the season are closed.

Roogsy
04-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Are you comfortable with your assessment of Preki right now, that you can make a decision on his future? Because essentially that's what it comes down to. Or would you rather gather more information?

That's exactly the slippery slope I was talking about. Where did anyone ask to decide Preki's future? That is certainly NOT what it comes down to. All anyone is really asking by posing this question is "you see that guy down on the field...does he look like he knows what he is doing? Yes? Ok drive on..." I can't believe that is so much to ask at this point, 2 months into training, tournaments and a professional game. :noidea:

Rudi
04-05-2010, 02:04 PM
LOL this discussion is ridiculous and will go in circles forever.

I'll see all of you fuckers in Boston.

MrHawk
04-05-2010, 02:05 PM
That's exactly the slippery slope I was talking about. Where did anyone ask to decide Preki's future? That is certainly NOT what it comes down to. All anyone is really asking by posing this question is "you see that guy down on the field...does he look like he knows what he is doing? Yes? Ok drive on..." I can't believe that is so much to ask at this point, 2 months into training, tournaments and a professional game. :noidea:

I really hope you're not judging anything based off that tourney.......

People did that last year...........

Whoop
04-05-2010, 02:05 PM
I actually think Whoop's post actually proves my point but neither of you see it. The problem is that you guys are using a logical fallacy called "slippery slope". The problem here is that nobody is asking people to "extend" Preki's contract". The only thing discussed is to this point, do you think he's done a decent job? Yes or no. Are you telling me you can't even answer THAT question? That there isn't enough evidence to even say that?

Yeah, but because it's so early in the season that opinion is still forming that it's useless to decide right now.

As bgnewf pointed out it's ridiculous to discuss because TFC wins this weekend, all the no's go to the yes column. Then TFC ties Philadelphia... half of the yes's go back to the no's.

It's like saying the Boston Red Sox are going to win the World Series based on yesterday's win over the Yankees.

Shaughno
04-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Then by that rationale, none of us should have any opinion whatsoever of Preki until the end of the year when all the data is in. We should simply all agree not to discuss Preki's performance until the record books for the season are closed.

No, what I'm saying is we need more information to judge him upon. At this point, we have one competitive match, of which we couldn't even field a full bench, and some roster moves. Do you feel comfortable judging him off of that information? I don't. The roster stuff, I can say that I'm 'ok' with what he's done so far in that regard. Still, I don't have an overall opinion of Preki's time at TFC.

Roogsy
04-05-2010, 02:07 PM
It's like saying the Boston Red Sox are going to win the World Series based on yesterday's win over the Yankees.

Dunno how many times I can say it but you guys are like hardcoded to use slippery slope arguments. It's like logic flies right out the window...

So the answer here then is Preki has had no effect on TFC. We will only see the effects he has on the team until all the games in the season have been played. I certainly hope I don't see any pro or con threads about Preki at any point this season until all the games have been played.

Got it. I am moving on. :rolleyes:

Shaughno
04-05-2010, 02:08 PM

...and people thought that Carver was doing a good job with TFC, so much so to get scarves and banners made for him... at about the same point of the season last year. Then what?

Whoop
04-05-2010, 02:09 PM

Yes/no.

Ideally, you want to wait until the season is done to make a decision........ like MLSE should have done before extending Mo's contract!

Like I'm saying... you can change your opinion so many times until then that your opinion is essentially irrelevant.

Until a decision has to be made...

We have a saying after watching someone perform well or not so well and start getting too high or too low on a guy... "that's why you scout all year."

And that's why you play the game on the pitch... the answers will come from there. Not from the opinion(s) from the stands.

Shaughno
04-05-2010, 02:10 PM
It's like logic flies right out the window...

No. How can using factual information to form an opinion be considered illogical?

Roogsy
04-05-2010, 02:11 PM
I got it guys...for you opinion = decision.

No worries. I know where you're both coming from.

MrHawk
04-05-2010, 02:12 PM
...and people thought that Carver was doing a good job with TFC, so much so to get scarves and banners made for him... at about the same point of the season last year. Then what?

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(insert coach here) All Red Army

Whoop
04-05-2010, 02:13 PM

Well... based on that... Preki looks and acts like a coach.

Some might argue that's just an opinion though.

Whoop
04-05-2010, 02:14 PM
LOL this discussion is ridiculous and will go in circles forever.

I'll see all of you fuckers in Boston.

Exactly.

And why is it ridiculous?

CoachGT
04-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Wayyyyyyy to early for this type of poll......

Roogsy
04-05-2010, 02:15 PM
No. How can using factual information to form an opinion be considered illogical?

I see...there are zero facts to be used at the moment. Nil. Zilch. He's been paid for 5 months and he might as well have gone on vacation.

Whoop
04-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Dunno how many times I can say it but you guys are like hardcoded to use slippery slope arguments. It's like logic flies right out the window...

So the answer here then is Preki has had no effect on TFC. We will only see the effects he has on the team until all the games in the season have been played. I certainly hope I don't see any pro or con threads about Preki at any point this season until all the games have been played.

Got it. I am moving on. :rolleyes:

Logic would dictate that you can't make a definitive judgement based on a limited scope of evidence.

MrHawk
04-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Logic would dictate that you can't make a definitive judgement based on a limited scope of evidence.

Yes you can....................

For shame Vic..........

Roogsy
04-05-2010, 02:17 PM

Are you reading what you are writing Vic?

I just want you to show me one thing...just one:

Where has anyone asked for a definitive judgement?

If there is one thing that has been consistent in all your posts it's your constant misrepresenting of what an opinion is. And it certainly is not a definitive judgement. Here I though we were discussing whether we can formulate an opinion on Preki the coach, but now I realize the whole time we were deciding whether to extend his contract and give him a raise. :noidea:

Whoop
04-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Roogs...

Here's an opinion...

It's too tell to tell.

You're the one looking for a decision. Yes or No.

There is a third OPINION... Don't know/too early to tell....

grizzle
04-05-2010, 02:21 PM
I think it takes at least 5 league matches to show how a coach is doing. Until then, Preki gets a free pass from me.

This for now. I think he is setting things up to become better so we have a team that works well together, but at this current time it is still a littler scary that we don't even really have a full team and they are still getting rid of people considering the season has started.

Roogsy
04-05-2010, 02:21 PM
You're the one looking for a decision. Yes or No.

Helllllls No! And if that is what you understood...I suggest you go back and re-read my posts and find me where I even implied as much.

Whoop
04-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Are you reading what you are writing Vic?

I just want you to show me one thing...just one:

Where has anyone asked for a definitive judgement?

If there is one thing that has been consistent in all your posts it's your constant misrepresenting of what an opinion is. And it certainly is not a definitive judgement. Here I though we were discussing whether we can formulate an opinion on Preki the coach, but now I realize the whole time we were deciding whether to extend his contract and give him a raise. :noidea:

I think my opinion has been pretty clear the whole time. :D

Shaughno
04-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Helllllls No! And if that is what you understood...I suggest you go back and re-read my posts and find me where I even implied as much.

LOL sorry but...

Daveisonfire
04-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Nice debate guys lol

I'm leaning towards Roogsy with this one, but I see where Shags and others are coming from

Damn I can't wait to get back into the stands so we don't have to waste our time with this stuff.....even though we will anyways haha

Roogsy
04-05-2010, 02:25 PM
LOL sorry but...

THAT's a decision? If you think someone has shown competence and done a decent job so far?

Like I said Jay...I hope we don't see Preki discussions until the end of the season then.

Whoop
04-05-2010, 02:26 PM

I see...there are zero facts to be used at the moment. Nil. Zilch. He's been paid for 5 months and he might as well have gone on vacation.

Then why can't you accept that when someone says it's too early to tell?

You say you're not looking for a decision but by your comments you are looking for a decision.

Opinion - and a valid one - it is too early to tell!

I use the extend/terminate contract merely as a basis of saying "yes", "no", "too early to do either".

Shaughno
04-05-2010, 02:29 PM
THAT's a decision? If you think someone has shown competence and done a decent job so far?

Like I said Jay...I hope we don't see Preki discussions until the end of the season then.

:lol: No, I was just showing you where you asked for a definitive judgement aka a YES/NO answer. I still think it's too early to tell. So personally, while I like Preki and what he's starting to do with the club, I think it's too early to form an accurate opinion of what Preki has done so far.

Whoop
04-05-2010, 02:29 PM
And in reality... my opinion, and those of others, - at the moment - means squat.

Shaughno
04-05-2010, 02:30 PM
And in reality... my opinion - at the moment - means squat.

But down the line, a definitive answer means someone can search, quote and 'pwn' you when you contradict your early season's opinion. :rofl:

ManUtd4ever
04-05-2010, 02:31 PM
I understand both sides of the discussion. The key is that this early in the season, with the roster Preki inherited, an opinion will be based on a much lower barometer given the expectations. I voted yes because I noticed an improvement in TFC's overall form on the pitch against Columbus and I admire his tenacity in putting together a hard working squad. The bell curve as far as his grade will be considerably higher once he has put his stamp on the club in a few weeks...

Whoop
04-05-2010, 02:35 PM
But down the line, a definitive answer means someone can search, quote and 'pwn' you when you contradict your early season's opinion. :rofl:

Exactly... it's a case of people wanting say... "see I was right all along!"

Doesn't matter, they'll just accuse of being fence sitters.

Roogsy
04-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Then why can't you accept that when someone says it's too early to tell?

You say you're not looking for a decision but by your comments you are looking for a decision.

Opinion - and a valid one - it is too early to tell!

I use the extend/terminate contract merely as a basis of saying "yes", "no", "too early to do either".

I can accept if someone says that for them, it's too early to tell. I haven't objected to that. What I object to are the dozens of posts from people who mock anyone who does chose to formulate an opinion at this point, like it's so ridiculous to pick and choose what facts I want to use in formulate my own opinion and when to do so.

Your statement of "it's too early to tell" is indeed a valid opinion! I never said it wasn't. Because I don't believe in invalidating someone else's opinion. But then to sit there and tell someone else that THEY shouldn't formulate an opinion becuase in YOUR opinion it's too early to tell is the zenith of hubris.

And your comments imply that the only time a person should formulate an opinion is when deciding whether they should stay or go. That is ridiculous because it contradicts exactly what you stated before, which is each of us can make up our own minds when to formulate an opinion.

What really bugs me is misrepresentation. I have always hated that about discussion boards. I say one thing and it gets completely misquoted. I say that I think an opinion at this point is fine and you say that a decision shouldn't be made. How are these the same?

In this entire ridiculous back and forth, you have not conclusively come out and explained yourself on this matter so I wouldn't mind hearing it from the horse's mouth so there is no misquoting on my part. Therefore, what I would like to know is from your point of view, is an "opinion" the exact same equivalent as a "definitive judgement"?

Shaughno
04-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Damn right I'm sitting on the fence! Could be worse... I could be a fence pisser like Sparky!

Roogsy
04-05-2010, 02:41 PM
:lol: No, I was just showing you where you asked for a definitive judgement aka a YES/NO answer. I still think it's too early to tell. So personally, while I like Preki and what he's starting to do with the club, I think it's too early to form an accurate opinion of what Preki has done so far.

All opinions are based on selective criteria. It doesn't make them definitive (final) judgements.

"Did he show up for work, yes or no?" is not the defining criteria for "can he do the job and succeed, yes or no?". Both require definitive statements, but only one carries sufficient weight to base a decision.

My statement merely showed that there is data at the moment to begin assessing the criteria. My statement never stated nor implied that there was sufficient data to make a final call. And that is what you guys are failing to admit.

Whoop
04-05-2010, 02:58 PM
I can accept if someone says that for them, it's too early to tell. I haven't objected to that. What I object to are the dozens of posts from people who mock anyone who does chose to formulate an opinion at this point, like it's so ridiculous to pick and choose what facts I want to use in formulate my own opinion and when to do so.

Your statement of "it's too early to tell" is indeed a valid opinion! I never said it wasn't. Because I don't believe in invalidating someone else's opinion. But then to sit there and tell someone else that THEY shouldn't formulate an opinion becuase in YOUR opinion it's too early to tell is the zenith of hubris.

And your comments imply that the only time a person should formulate an opinion is when deciding whether they should stay or go. That is ridiculous because it contradicts exactly what you stated before, which is each of us can make up our own minds when to formulate an opinion.

What really bugs me is misrepresentation. I have always hated that about discussion boards. I say one thing and it gets completely misquoted. I say that I think an opinion at this point is fine and you say that a decision shouldn't be made. How are these the same?

In this entire ridiculous back and forth, you have not conclusively come out and explained yourself on this matter so I wouldn't mind hearing it from the horse's mouth so there is no misquoting on my part. Therefore, what I would like to know is from your point of view, is an "opinion" the exact same equivalent as a "definitive judgement"?

Ugh.

Of course they're not.

But where did I mock anyone's opinion?

Then what's the point of this?

It looks like you're fishing for a judgement not an opinion.

Your opinion is that we can make an opinion based on what has transpired thus far.

My opinion is that it is too early to form an opinion thus far.

Those who say that are being "mocked"? See above post.

You state, essentially, "how can that be? Don't you have enough facts to form an opinion?"

To which, my response, "Yes, we have some facts... but not enough facts to make an opinion. To use a limited number of facts to formulate an opinion, in my opinion, would be jumping the gun, particularly due to the fact an opinion means jack shit until a decision on his future has to be made OR the point when you are comfortable to make a decision of his future."

Are people fishing for opinions so that a year from now they could prove that they are smarter than other posters so their future posts can appear more credible? Who gives a shit.

I'll concede that I'm not smarter than you or as good of a debater as you.

But I do know that my opinion means shit... just like everyone else's.

Whoop
04-05-2010, 03:02 PM
All opinions are based on selective criteria. It doesn't make them definitive (final) judgements.

"Did he show up for work, yes or no?" is not the defining criteria for "can he do the job and succeed, yes or no?". Both require definitive statements, but only one carries sufficient weight to base a decision.

My statement merely showed that there is data at the moment to begin assessing the criteria. My statement never stated nor implied that there was sufficient data to make a final call. And that is what you guys are failing to admit.

I admit it!

But why make any kind of call at this juncture?

I mean first impressions are good... but that's all they are, first impressions. That's what the assessment will say.

"Preki looks like and acts like a coach."

mastermixer
04-05-2010, 03:19 PM
I can't believe there are 108 opinions in this thread on whether there should be an opinion lol.

Roogsy
04-05-2010, 03:24 PM
I admit it!

But why make any kind of call at this juncture?

I mean first impressions are good... but that's all they are, first impressions. That's what the assessment will say.

"Preki looks like and acts like a coach."

:lol:

:facepalm:

First impressions ARE an opinion Whoop! You're driving me crazy... :lol: So essentially you have an opinion but don't want to admit you have an opinion (or another great word you used, an assessment).

I need a beer.

Whoop
04-05-2010, 03:27 PM
I never said I didn't have an opinion.

I've stated my opinion.... many times.

Roogsy
04-05-2010, 03:28 PM
I guess this entire discussion could have been cut down to two pages if the question had been posed "do you have a good first impression of Preki?"

Sometimes, it's all in the wording. :noidea:

Of course, then Shaughno would have argued you can't have a first impression yet. :lol:

That's right Jay... :dita:

Whoop
04-05-2010, 03:28 PM
That I can agree on... thank you.

bangersandmash
04-05-2010, 03:36 PM
First impressions may not mean anything at all. The Crew took a new coach into the 2009 season, dropped points in all of their first 7 games (5 ties, 2 losses). After that they went onto an admirable run that ended with a supporter's shield.

We really only need to win one or two more games that we did last season and we're in the playoffs. (a more realistic view might be "we only need to turn two or three of our losses into ties and we're a playoff team). And given recent history of the MLS finals, a lowly ranked "outsider" entering the playoffs has a pretty good chance of going the distance.

What I'm saying is that in my mind Preki has until the last game of the season to show progress (after all, Cummins had us in the play-off until until the game that shall not be named).

koryo
04-05-2010, 03:54 PM
So, if I may recap:

"No it isn't."

"Yes it is."

flatpicker
04-05-2010, 04:00 PM
I think we should sign Preki to a 5 year extension right now!

Shakes McQueen
04-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Christ, even the managers of the best, highest-pressure clubs in the world get more than the pre-season and one game before the fans start declaring him a failure.

I'm with whoever said give him 10 games, before we start casting aspersions on his ability as a coach. Preki doesn't make the roster, and as far as I'm concerned, he has been tasked with polishing a bunch of turds into diamonds (except for Nana, JDG, and DeRo).

A better poll to take, would be the "Mo Approval Rating, since he does most of the work in the off-season.

- Scott

Super
04-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Preki deserves a full season - as done any manager of this team. Preki is a proven MLS coach, but I think we can all agree that he wasn't given the best of tools (players) when he came here. I suspect it will be Mo, and not Preki, who will be out at the end of the season if we fail to make the play-offs yet again.

Shakes McQueen
04-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Preki deserves a full season - as done any manager of this team. Preki is a proven MLS coach, but I think we can all agree that he wasn't given the best of tools (players) when he came here. I suspect it will be Mo, and not Preki, who will be out at the end of the season if we fail to make the play-offs yet again.

Same here. Unless Mo pulls some rabbits out of hats, and gets some primo talent in, I don't see how we can even hold Preki responsible for the performance of such a lopsided, shallow team.

- Scott

bones
04-05-2010, 07:13 PM
I think I'm gonna go in a different direction and say no

Bones...

Cashcleaner
04-05-2010, 07:13 PM
He's got the balls to clean house for his system. And yes, no one can judge his system based on one game. But he's got my approval for the house-cleaning exercise alone.

Couldn't agree more. Preki is rebuilding this squad. People have to give him the chance to do so. It's not pretty and we're not going to agree with every decision he makes, but this is the bloodletting we've needed for a while.

Roogsy
04-05-2010, 07:57 PM

I agree 100%.

I dunno where people get the impression otherwise.

J .
I think he has gotten rid of elements that guys like DeRo and Cronin complained about. I see him making a hardworking team, so I approve, but playoffs are a must at seasons end for me to say it was a success.

DichioTFC
as pointed out above, this is a valid question.

we're not being asked to make a final judgment - just how we feel at the moment. i'm assuming OP's intent was to ask this question multiple times throughout the season.

although, i would like to see an "undecided" or "neutral" option.

Exactly, hence this is Approval Rating April 2010, scheduled to end before the May 1 game against RSL. so if its too soon for some people, you have a couple more weeks to vote.

With regards to undecided / neutral option, i considered it, but went against it. i'm not a fan of ambiguity, its either you like or dont like, too many shades of gray complicate things sometimes.

theres no finality to this poll, just "how do you feel right now"?

with everything being said, a 74% Approval Rating for such cynical folk like us is really quite outstanding. clearly the faith in Preki is there. (fyi, i voted in favour of preki)

Roogsy
04-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Exactly. Nicely put DichioTFC.

Shoot...even the President of the US, somebody with a much larger job and much more complex job with arguably more disadvantages than Preki given the economy he was given, even his approval ratings are measured from the day he is in office and gauged regularly.

Funny enough...if a person felt it was too soon to make a choice, they could always simply abstain. Instead of making such a fuss about others making a selection and having an opinion. :rolleyes:

DichioTFC
04-05-2010, 08:19 PM
and for those that buy into the "judge Preki on the long-term", thats fine; do you approve of the job that Preki is doing so far?

however you define "job" is subjective. i defined "job" based on team cohesion, calling out toronto media, getting rid of salary-heavy players, attention to defence, and (i feel) a spectacular performance in columbus (perhaps spectacular is an overstatement, but still).

if someone else wants to judge preki based on his commitment / adherence to a long-term plan, if you feel he hasn't screwed up yet then you would / should vote yes.

once again, this is a relatively simplistic poll. oui ou non. like my grade 10 history teacher taught us, "he who sits on the fence gets splinters up his bum."

S_D
04-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Well all we can judge Preki on is what he has said and done to this point. He said he was going to blow up the team and get rid of the players he didn't want, and bring in what he could that would fit into his system.

Well he certainly has blown it up lol. Some of us may not like the way some of the players were treated but it has been done, and as we all know, there are a few more that need to go.

As for bringing in players, well that is all based on what cash he has to play with. It may take a season just to get out of cap hell, and if that is the case so be it. So far the players we have seen come in aren't superstars but seem to be able to work within a team system.

So far a good job.

I am not expecting playoffs this season, and if we manage to win the voyageurs cup I will be a bit shocked. Getting either of those done will be a bonus.

106-12
04-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Don't you guys think it is abit early for this BS.

DichioTFC
04-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Don't you guys think it is abit early for this BS.

On behalf of me and the other 136 people who have voted, no.

RPLProducer
04-05-2010, 09:48 PM
can't vote yes when he continually throws garcia out on the pitch.

king dave
04-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Voted no.
Saw 4 pre-seasons and I was in Columbus.
Gonna be a long season kids.
Frei will be looking to get out of dodge asap I think.
I am really at a loss trying to figure out what is the plan (if any).
One good thing I guess is that a lot of other MLS teams are not very good either.:rolleyes:
KD.

trane
04-06-2010, 10:16 AM
^ My gut reaction is the same KD, BUT I would l think it is appropriate to give him a run of regular season games. I am not for a full seaon, I do not think that such a long streach is necesary to have a reasonable oppotunirty to assess his performance.

alex andrew
04-06-2010, 10:58 AM
one more time and i will be convinced he is completely incompetent !

"""" In the 75th minute, half time substitute Dwayne De Rosario was ruled to have pushed a Rhinos player as the ball was played into the area from a free kick and the referee pointed to the spot....****

just last game i was saying that obw shouldn't have been in the box, that it was the coach's mistake.

and a week later, he plays dero in the box !

yo preki, let the forwards be forwards, they do not know how to defend, they weren't trained to do it, they cannot !

Parkdale
04-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Frei will be looking to get out of dodge asap I think.

you said that last year too

Parkdale
04-06-2010, 11:03 AM
yo preki, let the forwards be forwards, they do not know how to defend, they weren't trained to do it, they cannot !

DeRo is pretty capable where ever you put him, although I've never seen him in net.

alex andrew
04-06-2010, 11:07 AM
he may be, i don't know, but it's still a waste, he runs like a cheetah to defend ( why ??!!! ) and then he's out of breath and/or magnesium and potassium, lol, forgot which one is for the brain.

BFin
04-06-2010, 11:07 AM
lol only on RPB could this make 5 pages.

tfc2007
04-06-2010, 11:20 AM
I went to the TFC practise this morning and I have to say that my approval of Preki went up after watching about 90 mins of practise. Ran a quick practise and voiced that he wanted the guys to use the full field, spread out into open space. He also wanted "harrd but smart tackles". Overall IMO ran a petty solid practise.

ilikemusic
04-06-2010, 11:22 AM
I love his attitude so until the season starts to run off the rails I will approve.

alex andrew
04-06-2010, 11:29 AM
>>>>he wanted the guys to use the full field, spread out into open space.

they will be exhausted in the 60th minute, and motionless in the 85th.

reggie
04-06-2010, 11:31 AM
I went to the TFC practise this morning and I have to say that my approval of Preki went up after watching about 90 mins of practise. Ran a quick practise and voiced that he wanted the guys to use the full field, spread out into open space. He also wanted "harrd but smart tackles". Overall IMO ran a petty solid practise.
did you notice any new players?

tfc2007
04-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Yes their was a few. 1 guy who was injured, kinda looked like adrian serioux (sp?)

Also their was a solid guy, when he spoke it sounded like he had a british accent, but i am not sure... the players called him adrian.

One more guy who looked like lombardo, with the long hair pulled back. Not sure about his name or anything.

rocker
04-06-2010, 04:52 PM
they will be exhausted in the 60th minute, and motionless in the 85th.

you must be mistaken... you're thinking of the results of Chris Cummins' coaching style last year.

Pachuco
04-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Not happy with Preki right now at all. That can change. But right now, I don't think pulling a Hitler was the way to go about fixing this team. We did not need to be in a rebuild situation after 3 years of existence and he's put us there.

Roogsy
04-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Interesting. It seems people do have thoughts on Preki at this point.

Pachuco
04-06-2010, 09:07 PM

Yes, but I reserve the right to change my mind :)

He has alot to prove. When you go in and fire the entire team, fire fan favorites, you better show results. Or else it's all for nothing. He has to know he's putting himself on the line by doing something like this. If he came in and made some changes then I may not have been so quick to judge. Unfortunately he's put me in a state of mind where what I'm thinking is "Ok prick Preki. You don't think many players on the 2009 roster weren't good enough for you (except of course Garcia). Show me you can do better, if you can't, I'll hate you and bash you more then Mo Johnston!".

ag futbol
04-06-2010, 10:27 PM
you must be mistaken... you're thinking of the results of Chris Cummins' coaching style last year.
This isn't really a defense of Cummins but...

It's hard to compare Cummins/Carver as clearly neither of them had anywhere near the control over signings/transfers the way Preki does. Hell I wouldn't put it beyond Johnston to force a guys hand in terms of in game management.

I think Cummins was pretty adamant at times he didn't have the parts he wanted. Also seemed to suggest he detested some of the guys Mo had signed. I have a little sympathy for him. None really for Carver however...

Compare that to the rule of the iron fist we have going currently...

Shaughno
04-07-2010, 10:16 AM

Everyone always has an opinion smart-ass. ;) What I was going on about, was making an accurate and informed opinion, which none of us can really do at this point.

What would you say if I told you the players were pissed with Preki? Would you believe me? Would it influence your opinion? Of course it would. Information tends to do that, alter an opinion I mean.

This is what I was getting at. Anyone can offer an opinion of how he's doing so far, but we don't have much in the way of information and/or results to back up anything he's done. Would you agree to that?

Wull
04-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Went with no at this point. The moves that have been made are baffling considering the defence needs upgraded and we need a finisher up front. The lack of goals were a big problem last season and I haven't seen any improvement on that. the back 4, if anything, look to be worse too. Would be surprised if anyone wanted to come the way players seem to get the bullet for having a disagreement with Preki but he does have a record of getting teams to the playoffs so we'll see.

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-07-2010, 10:53 PM
I voted no, he seemed to find to many positives in our loss to Columbus.

James Oliphant
04-08-2010, 01:43 AM
one more time and i will be convinced he is completely incompetent !

"""" In the 75th minute, half time substitute Dwayne De Rosario was ruled to have pushed a Rhinos player as the ball was played into the area from a free kick and the referee pointed to the spot....****

just last game i was saying that obw shouldn't have been in the box, that it was the coach's mistake.

and a week later, he plays dero in the box !

In what part of the world do teams not have 9-10 players defending a corner or free-kick in their penalty area?