PDA

View Full Version : Red Star Belgrade - Possible Friendly With TFC

KezmanCCCC
04-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Its better than watching Pachuca or independiente.... not quite real madrid though....:flare:

http://www.redstarbelgrade.com/newscontent.aspx?cultureID=1&ID=2538&News=2538

prizby
04-05-2010, 09:15 AM
as long as they don't bring their ultras LOL

in all seriousness, be sweet to see a team with such an incredible history

Shaughno
04-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Preki connection? LOL

Wouldn't miss this one that's for sure.

drewski
04-05-2010, 09:24 AM
end of may is surprising, but hey, that'd be cool. I'm sure my g/f's would want to go just to cheer against them, which may be dangerous haha

scooter
04-05-2010, 09:26 AM
link fail

KezmanCCCC
04-05-2010, 09:27 AM
I'll post the article in the thread just incase the link does not work for some people...

Red Star accepted an invitation to participate in the exhibition tournament in Chicago
from May 17th to May 26th along with host Chicago Fire one more European team and one team from South America.

Tournament is organized at the highest level. 17 page contract is already signed and everything is specified including how many free tickets we will get says Miodrag Antonijevic advisor to the club President Vladan Lukic. He also stated that it is
very well known fact that almost 500,000 Serbians live in Chicago and vicinity and
it is very important that Red Star will visit North America after more than 20 years.

This visit will also have a business aspect as many of the business people from Serbia will come along. They will be hosted by Serbian Consul in Chicago Mr. Desko Nikitovic and he also arranged a visit to Chicago’s Mayor Richard M. Daley office.

Red Star will play 2 games, on May 19th and May 22nd. There is also a possibility of a 3rd game as we have an open invitation from our former player Predrag “Preki” Radosavljevic to visit Canada and play a game there with a team he is coaching – Toronto.

Decision about this extra game will be made by coach Petrovic and sports director Adzic

Whoop
04-05-2010, 09:45 AM
I think it would be pretty cool. Something different.

dupont
04-05-2010, 09:54 AM
That would be a nice choice for a friendly.

Macksam
04-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Its better than watching Pachuca or independiente.... not quite real madrid though....:flare:

I doubt it.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-05-2010, 10:10 AM
That would be an awesome friendly! I say bring it on

boban
04-05-2010, 10:14 AM
I doubt it.
^^ Same here. This is one game I would be missing.
Article has inaccuracies in it also, so who knows what to make of it.

CretanBull
04-05-2010, 10:20 AM
It would be a cool team to see play, but I'm not sure if an "open invitation" from Preki ultimately means much, obviously the front office would have to work out any deals. Having said that, it would be a cheap team to include as the friendly-freebie so the FO probably loves the idea. We already have 5 games in May and all three of our road games are on the West coast, but I'm sure MLSE aren't worried about screwing up our season by cramming a 6th game into the month if it means saving a few bucks on the friendly.

denime
04-05-2010, 10:23 AM
as long as they don't bring their ultras LOL

in all seriousness, be sweet to see a team with such an incredible history

They will,I would say we can expect at least 500 to come to the game in Toronto.

I know our Ultra boy AL-MO would like to see them here for sure.

JonO
04-05-2010, 10:26 AM
end of may is surprising, but hey, that'd be cool. I'm sure my g/f's would want to go just to cheer against them, which may be dangerous haha
How many do you have?

boban
04-05-2010, 10:27 AM
It would be a cool team to see play, but I'm not sure if an "open invitation" from Preki ultimately means much, obviously the front office would have to work out any deals. Having said that, it would be a cheap team to include as the friendly-freebie so the FO probably loves the idea. We already have 5 games in May and all three of our road games are on the West coast, but I'm sure MLSE aren't worried about screwing up our season by cramming a 6th game into the month if it means saving a few bucks on the friendly.
I don't how cheap you are thinking but they wouldn't be cheap.

MrHawk
04-05-2010, 10:39 AM
They will,I would say we can expect at least 500 to come to the game in Toronto.

Who do you cheer for?

Keystone FC
04-05-2010, 10:39 AM
KxALQQyaJaE

CretanBull
04-05-2010, 10:46 AM
I don't how cheap you are thinking but they wouldn't be cheap.

You're right, they'll probably demand a billion dollars :rolleyes:

boban
04-05-2010, 10:46 AM
You're right, they'll probably demand a billion dollars :rolleyes:
Is that your mature answer.
Seriously, how cheap do you think it will be?

Krasno.pL.
04-05-2010, 10:52 AM
I wouldn't see them wanting more than 500k... should be like 200k

boban
04-05-2010, 10:56 AM
I wouldn't see them wanting more than 500k... should be like 200k
Dinamo in 2005 came for $500,000. They won't come for a penny less.

Krasno.pL.
04-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Well my apologies for trying to get the exact amount. hah
Football Manager i got them for 350k :D done deals.

CretanBull
04-05-2010, 11:01 AM

Seatle got Chelsea and Barcalona. We got Pachuca and Independiente. We got 'cheap' teams, right? Who do you think Red Star Belgrade are closer to, Independiente or Barcalona? Do you think the fact that Red Star are already going to be playing in Chicago makes them more cost effective or less cost effective?

denime
04-05-2010, 11:06 AM

Around 100 K+ accommodation,no more,at least that was the price tag from few year back when someone tried to organize the game at Rogers Center.
They are really hurting financially and need any $$ that would help them, so I don't think they would ask for too much considering they are already in NA.

Oldtimer
04-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Seatle got Chelsea and Barcalona. We got Pachuca and Independiente. We got 'cheap' teams, right? Who do you think Red Star Belgrade are closer to, Independiente or Barcalona? Do you think the fact that Red Star are already going to be playing in Chicago makes them more cost effective or less cost effective?

Quest field can hold 67,000. BMO, 21,800. Economics mandate that either we get "cheap" teams, or it's an expensive add-on (like the RM game last year).

Red Star Belgrade is a legendary club, so even if they are "cheap," its not a bad thing to have them.

Pachuca and Independiente are our CCL opponents - getting to play them can be quite helpful down the line.

You didn't mention Aston Villa in year 1 - hardly an insignificant club.

boban
04-05-2010, 11:16 AM
yes it would be cheaper than those teams you mention. but it would be as cheap as the teams we got either.

Around 100 K+ accommodation,no more,at least that was the price tag from few year back when someone tried to organize the game at Rogers Center.
They are really hurting financially and need any $$ that would help them, so I don't think they would ask for too much considering they are already in NA.
They have some bad business people running their teams then.

MrHawk
04-05-2010, 11:17 AM

Ya, the players were staying with fans.

You still didn't answer my question :)

CretanBull
04-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Quest field can hold 67,000. BMO, 21,800. Economics mandate that either we get "cheap" teams, or it's an expensive add-on (like the RM game last year).

That's essentially the point that I was making. In the past we've brought in teams of a certain ("cheap") price point, I think its safe to say that Red Star fit into that catagory of teams.

Red Star Belgrade is a legendary club, so even if they are "cheap," its not a bad thing to have them.

Absolutely, its why I started my first post with "They would be a cool team to see play..."

Pachuca and Independiente are our CCL opponents - getting to play them can be quite helpful down the line.

I had no problems with either of them actually - both were clubs that I'd probably never have gone to see play so it's all good.

You didn't mention Aston Villa in year 1 - hardly an insignificant club.

But worth noting we haven't seen a club of that stature (as a freebie) since season 1...which at least suggests that MLSE were willing to spend money when they thought that they had to, but tightened the purse strings when they realized they didn't have to ;)

Whoop
04-05-2010, 11:28 AM
I didn't realize Independiete competed in the CONCACAF CL. LOL

Oldtimer
04-05-2010, 11:32 AM
I didn't realize Independiete competed in the CONCACAF CL. LOL

Ooops, my bad. Just Pachuca.

Shaughno
04-05-2010, 11:34 AM
They do?? LOL nm...

devioustrevor
04-05-2010, 11:36 AM
We already have 5 games in May and all three of our road games are on the West coast

Montreal is not on the West Coast.

CretanBull
04-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Montreal is not on the West Coast.

But Salt Lake City, Los Angeles and San Jose are, and we road games in those cities during the month of May in addition to our two home games and the trip to Montreal.

Torcida
04-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Hmmm....

devioustrevor
04-05-2010, 11:48 AM
But Salt Lake City, Los Angeles and San Jose are, and we road games in those cities during the month of May in addition to our two home games and the trip to Montreal.

You said all three road games were on the West Coast.

Oldtimer
04-05-2010, 11:48 AM
loads of corrections today, LOL.

CretanBull
04-05-2010, 11:55 AM
You said all three road games were on the West Coast.

We play road games against Real Salt Lake, the LA Galaxy and San Jose Earthquakes in the month of May - and that's exactly what I said. The fact that we have a fourth non-league game in the month only furthers my point that the month of May is already crowded for us.

T.O TILL I DIE
04-05-2010, 12:50 PM

LMAOOO and there known for there flares itll be a great game :flare:

AL-MO
04-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Ya, the players were staying with fans.

You still didn't answer my question :)

Denime = Crvena Zvezda :flare:

Kdot would be pumped for this too!

MrHawk
04-05-2010, 01:15 PM
I know denime is a Zvezda fan..........just wondering who he would support in this match should it happen.

AL-MO
04-05-2010, 01:16 PM

Yeah pissing off the Delije would not be a good idea...

MrHawk
04-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Yeah pissing off the Delije would not be a good idea...

Pissing off ANY supporter group is not a good idea............

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-05-2010, 01:37 PM
I'll be selling if this is the case......

....Thank god the Turf is gone!!!....I expect a many flares lit if this happens! ;)

KezmanCCCC
04-05-2010, 02:41 PM
yea especially a serbian one though.... :flare:i would 100% be backing TFC though... i hold no loyalty to any serbian club... i will just tear up alittle when they play boze pravde (serbian anthem)... and it would nice to see zvezda play for once... everytime im in serbia i dont get a chance to watch to many matches...

(if this friendly even happens of course)...

MrHawk
04-05-2010, 02:45 PM
yea especially a serbian one though.... :flare::flare::flare::flare:

Replace "Serbian" with "Balkan" and I'll take that :)

denime
04-05-2010, 03:22 PM
I know denime is a Zvezda fan..........just wondering who he would support in this match should it happen.

It's friendly so I don't care.If it was game that means something few years ago I would tell you without any thinking Red Star,now that my every day life is involved around TFC and RPB I really have a difculties to say yes I would support Red Star.

It is tearing me apart just to think about it,but let's face it at BMO field I'm in Sec.115 and I would 100% sing and chant TFC songs.

MrHawk
04-05-2010, 03:29 PM
It's friendly so I don't care.If it was game that means something few years ago I would tell you without any thinking Red Star,now that my every day life is involved around TFC and RPB I really have a difculties to say yes I would support Red Star.

It is tearing me apart just to think about it,but let's face it at BMO field I'm in Sec.115 and I would 100% sing and chant TFC songs.

That's what I wanted to know :)

Good on ya tho.

denime
04-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Replace "Serbian" with "Balkan" and I'll take that :)

Yeah I would agree with that Balkan SG's are not the ones to play with even if you are home team in a friendly game.

That's why I think we should send AL-MO to apprenticeship trip to Ex.Yugo.

Few games with BBB,than Torcida,on the way to Belgarde he can spend some time in Sarajevo with Hordes of Evil and than if possible to watch Red Star-Partizan Belgrade Darby,and if he survives that he can teach us how to be bad ass Ultraas.:D

Serb_Star
04-06-2010, 07:46 PM
I hope this happens I never thought I'd get to see my 2 favourite teams play each other.

Red Stars ultras would definitely travel to Canada and there is a large Serbian community in Southern Ontario so the atmosphere would be electric.

AL-MO
04-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Yeah I would agree with that Balkan SG's are not the ones to play with even if you are home team in a friendly game.

That's why I think we should send AL-MO to apprenticeship trip to Ex.Yugo.

Few games with BBB,than Torcida,on the way to Belgarde he can spend some time in Sarajevo with Hordes of Evil and than if possible to watch Red Star-Partizan Belgrade Darby,and if he survives that he can teach us how to be bad ass Ultraas.:D

LOL

:lol:

Petar
04-07-2010, 06:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKO8_bE-wbw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etJG9jo8M3k&feature=related

I hope the friendly happens!

KezmanCCCC
04-09-2010, 08:15 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_F_58-aaBFWc/S79yCNgOOhI/AAAAAAAACHk/MCfG2-9OIWQ/s1600/Sister%20Cities%20DL.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_F_58-aaBFWc/S79yCNgOOhI/AAAAAAAACHk/MCfG2-9OIWQ/s1600/Sister%20Cities%20DL.jpg

Oldtimer
04-09-2010, 08:57 PM

Interesting... and not a bad idea. (BTW, I would tag PSG to win it all).

RedsYNWA
04-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Sorry Old timer PSG sucks and the Polacks will Win

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-09-2010, 10:35 PM
Why can't TFC play PSG? Not let down with the prospect of Red Star, just PSG would be pretty cool. Also the tournament idea is pretty cool too.

T.O TILL I DIE
04-10-2010, 12:25 AM
maybe this game would give us a chance to bring the flares to BMO:)

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-10-2010, 05:43 PM
A little OT, but looks like DC is lining up some top quality friendlies. I'd like to see a bigish Euro. team play TFC at BMO.

While D.C. United is poised to gain its first point(s) of the season, details continue to emerge about the club's proposed friendlies against European competition. We told you Friday that AC Milan might drop by RFK Stadium in late May, and now we're hearing that United is hoping to arrange matches against Glasgow Rangers in late July and Blackburn Rovers in early August. United is also tentatively set to play El Salvador's national team this summer. Club officials declined comment.

denime
04-12-2010, 06:42 AM
maybe this game would give us a chance to bring the flares to BMO:)

Unfortunately no,I spoke with Preki in Boston about this game and his answer was no,Red Star can only come here in May and TFC has already to many games scheduled in May.

Maybe some other time.

flatpicker
04-12-2010, 08:35 AM
Maybe Toronto can schedule a game against the Red Patch Boys all-stars?