PDA

View Full Version : TFC 0 vs Rochester 0

Super
04-04-2010, 01:54 PM
From U-Sector board about yesterday's friendly against Rochester Rhinos in Oakville:

"Apparently we can't score against another lower division team.

600 minutes goalless and counting (thanks to Duane for that one).

We also survived a PK as well.... "

:picard:

Hope we'll score in New England!

flatpicker
04-04-2010, 02:05 PM
So, any word on when is our new DP striker is arriving?

Super
04-04-2010, 02:07 PM

No DP is coming - or at least, there is zero indication coming from TFC that they're even looking for one. 24th Minute reported this weekend, that TFC is waiting for Paul Dickov to come out - once his contract with Leeds is up this summer. Won't be a DP, but is apparently the best we can get with the money we have under the cap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Dickov

KezmanCCCC
04-04-2010, 02:20 PM
No DP is coming - or at least, there is zero indication coming from TFC that they're even looking for one. 24th Minute reported this weekend, that TFC is waiting for Paul Dickov to come out - once his contract with Leeds is up this summer. Won't be a DP, but is apparently the best we can get with the money we have under the cap.

if he didn't want to sign when he was on trial in the preseason then i don't want him... that shows that he just thinks of TFC as his back up plan after no one in england wants him anymore.... plus MLSE has plenty of money to sign a DP striker... or to bring in paul stalteri as our center back.... ;)

Super
04-04-2010, 02:25 PM
if he didn't want to sign when he was on trial in the preseason then i don't want him... that shows that he just thinks of TFC as his back up plan after no one in england wants him anymore.... plus MLSE has plenty of money to sign a DP striker... or to bring in paul stalteri as our center back.... ;)

MLSE could buy us Barcelona's team, that's not the problem. The problem is that I believe we have very little cash under the cap - and probably not even enough to sign another DP. We may see one, but it probably won't be until this summer. Regardless of that, Mo hasn't said anything to my knowledge that would indicate a desire to sign a 2nd DP. Dickov is the best we can do right now. Correction: Dickov is the best Mo can do right now. 18 man squad is the best Mo can do right now. 600 minutes with no goal is the best a team put together by Mo can do right now (or, well, players brought in by Mo, at least).

ManUtd4ever
04-04-2010, 02:29 PM
I would ask if it was TFC's B squad that drew a blank against Rochester but we don't have enough players to make such an assumption. This scoring drought is starting to feel like year one. It better end soon or TFC will be so far behind the 8 ball by the next transfer window that it won't matter who the fuck we sign...

Super
04-04-2010, 02:35 PM
I would ask if it was TFC's B squad that drew a blank against Rochester but we don't have enough players to make such an assumption. This scoring drought is starting to feel like year one. It better end soon or TFC will be so far behind the 8 ball by the next transfer window that it won't matter who the fuck we sign...

Apparently there were trialists playing. Still, though, I would think that a friendly like that, a week before a very important league game, should be used to solve our scoring problems. Clearly they have yet to be solved. Rochester is still in pre-season, played with only a few of their starters from last year, and ALMOST won the game, but missed their penalty kick.

Beach_Red
04-04-2010, 02:44 PM
MLSE could buy us Barcelona's team, that's not the problem. The problem is that I believe we have very little cash under the cap - and probably not even enough to sign another DP. We may see one, but it probably won't be until this summer. Regardless of that, Mo hasn't said anything to my knowledge that would indicate a desire to sign a 2nd DP. Dickov is the best we can do right now. Correction: Dickov is the best Mo can do right now. 18 man squad is the best Mo can do right now. 600 minutes with no goal is the best a team put together by Mo can do right now (or, well, players brought in by Mo, at least).

That's unlikely to be a serious problem - MLS can do wonder with the rules if a team is motivted enough. Our ownership just isn't motivated enough. How long did it take for them to write a cheque for the first DP? Why would it be any sooner this time?

Waggy
04-04-2010, 03:09 PM

If we can get Dickov we can sign a DP. I assume Dickov wouldn't come for less than 300 000k

MUFC_Niagara
04-04-2010, 03:14 PM
We're shit.

T0R0NT0 FC
04-04-2010, 03:20 PM
We're shit.

Even worse... we're shit AND there is no hope for this season. :facepalm:

MUFC_Niagara
04-04-2010, 03:29 PM

It's true.

Super
04-04-2010, 03:33 PM
If we can get Dickov we can sign a DP. I assume Dickov wouldn't come for less than 300 000k

I think he'd probably ask a bit less than that, and since we're likely to only sign him for half our season the cost would be even less. Maybe $125k. Significantly less thant the $335k cost of a DP.

TFCRegina
04-04-2010, 03:35 PM
If Dickov is our saviour, we're screwed.

Super

Look at it this way: if we're as bad as pre-season + Columbus and Rochester game would say, then we're sure to see the end of the Mo era at the finish of this season. We may not make the play-offs, although I'm still holding out hope that Preki can perform a miracle for us, but if we don't, I'll celebrate the departure of Mo as if we did indeed make the play-offs. It's a win-win situation - if we allow ourselves to see it that way ;)

CretanBull
We're shit.

"We're shit, and we know we are, we're shit..."

mastermixer
04-04-2010, 03:47 PM

According to this article from the Sun Mo said that the leauge adding second DP doesnt change anything for TFC.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2010/04/02/13449461.html

TFC director of soccer Mo Johnston said the new provision “doesn’t change anything” for his club, and added that though it will eventually add star power to the league, he doesn’t expect other teams to be too active until the summer because, “budgets are tight.”

ManUtd4ever
04-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Look at it this way: if we're as bad as pre-season + Columbus and Rochester game would say, then we're sure to see the end of the Mo era at the finish of this season. We may not make the play-offs, although I'm still holding out hope that Preki can perform a miracle for us, but if we don't, I'll celebrate the departure of Mo as if we did indeed make the play-offs. It's a win-win situation - if we allow ourselves to see it that way ;)

True, but if a coach like Preki can't get anything out of this club in an MLS Cup year I would hope Mo get's sacked much sooner than the end of the season if for no other reason than to make a statement to TFC supporters...

flatpicker
04-04-2010, 03:51 PM
I was actually making an attempt at being kinda funny with my DP striker question.

But with regards to Mo's comments:

He is either holding his cards close to his chest and actually has some plans in place to land a DP striker.

Or he has completely fucked shit up and deserves to be fired.

I guess we will know soon enough.

CoachGT
04-04-2010, 03:58 PM

My first thought on this (before reading the whole thought) was "how can you tell which is A and B right now"?

I have no doubt that we are playing much better defensively today than we ever have as a team. But you have to score sometime. Even with DeRo, I'm a little worried that we'll repeat that scoring drought from the first year and that things will kind of implode. Damn, I hope I'm wrong.

Super
04-04-2010, 04:10 PM
My first thought on this (before reading the whole thought) was "how can you tell which is A and B right now"?

I have no doubt that we are playing much better defensively today than we ever have as a team. But you have to score sometime. Even with DeRo, I'm a little worried that we'll repeat that scoring drought from the first year and that things will kind of implode. Damn, I hope I'm wrong.

We may have looked better defensively in the friendlies, but a 2-0 loss to Columbus would suggest otherwise (even if the second goal should've been called off for the foul against Frei). Even still, playing anti-football, boring defensive play, and STILL losing games - that's just pathetic. Surely our club wants to be better than that - and not another 90's version of Wimbledon.

Oldtimer
04-04-2010, 04:13 PM
I was actually making an attempt at being kinda funny with my DP striker question.

But with regards to Mo's comments:

He is either holding his cards close to his chest and actually has some plans in place to land a DP striker.

Or he has completely fucked shit up and deserves to be fired.

I guess we will know soon enough.

I vote for the bolded choice.

tfc2007
04-04-2010, 04:17 PM

If Dickov is our saviour, we're screwed.

We've played 1 actual game. Lets hold out on the negative comments until we have more games.Does anyone on this borad have any faith whatsoever in this team? We might not be the most skilled but lets not bash the team this much until we've played a few more games.
We've played 1 actual game. Lets hold out on the negative comments until we have more games.

THA BUTCHA
04-04-2010, 04:38 PM
U know what bugs me.

that their is a broad consensus that MOJO is incompetent and there is no chance of us competing this season yet most are willing to let the season play out before making a change.

We all know whats gonna happen. Fire MO now and start looking for a replacement as soon as possible. so maybe we could salvage this season.

deeznutz
04-04-2010, 04:47 PM

Hmmm I think your onto the greatest TFC chant ever sung..........:drum:

deeznutz
04-04-2010, 04:48 PM
U know what bugs me.

that their is a broad consensus that MOJO is incompetent and there is no chance of us competing this season yet most are willing to let the season play out before making a change.

We all know whats gonna happen. Fire MO now and start looking for a replacement as soon as possible. so maybe we could salvage this season.

I think you need to stand behind the bench with that jason mask!! Maybe they might kick it to high gear! ;)

Super
04-04-2010, 04:50 PM
U know what bugs me.

I think you'll be hard-pressed to find Mo supporters amongst TFC's followers. It's pretty obvious that Tom Anselmi wants to keep Mo on for the season - so that's the way it's going to be. However, if we lose in New England, and don't score again, I think you'll hear chants to "Fire Mo" at the home opener. They'll only get louder if we continue to lose (or not score). If we win in New England, though, Mo will win himself a bit of peace - for a little while at least.

T0R0NT0 FC
04-04-2010, 04:52 PM
We've played 1 actual game. Lets hold out on the negative comments until we have more games.Does anyone on this borad have any faith whatsoever in this team? We might not be the most skilled but lets not bash the team this much until we've played a few more games.
We've played 1 actual game. Lets hold out on the negative comments until we have more games.

We've played 1 actual season game. But many friendlies etc. And all signs point to a full season of goal droughts followed by losses being racked up. Mo has doomed us all!!!

Kevin
04-04-2010, 04:55 PM

Thank you. :iagree:

Super
04-04-2010, 05:04 PM

I honestly don't think most of us blame individual players, Preki, or even our style of play. What we're angry about is Mo's inability to help this team by bringing in the right players in time for the beginning of this season. We're clearly short of players - and certainly fire power up front. He may be working on something behind the scene, but I think we're in our right to be less confident in his abilities after 3 years of failure.

Having said the above, I do think we need to step up our support and show the team that we're with them all the way - and that we understand that we can't expect miracles from a team short of players.

jabbronies
04-04-2010, 05:13 PM
I honestly don't think most of us blame individual players, Preki, or even our style of play. What we're angry about is Mo's inability to help this team by bringing in the right players in time for the beginning of this season. We're clearly short of players - and certainly fire power up front. He may be working on something behind the scene, but I think we're in our right to be less confident in his abilities after 3 years of failure.

Having said the above, I do think we need to step up our support and show the team that we're with them all the way - and that we understand that we can't expect miracles from a team short of players.

Agreed with this. Just because Mo can't do his job properly, doesn't mean we need to stop what we do properly.

CoachGT
04-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Keeping things positive and having faith are both important. But both need to see some results. Right now, the appearance is that TFC is lagging behind several other teams in MLS with a smaller roster and some apparent issues in depth in certain positions. Injuries may be a factor, but they are a factor that all teams must face. We seem to still be playing like it is pre-season, with players coming in on trials and modified line ups. The roster is no where near complete.

We've played on game, and our performance was better than some had expected (personally I thought losing 2-0, even with a bad goal, is not too bad a result against Columbus on the road) but we've had very few goals scored, even in pre-season against some weaker opposition, by anyone currently in the lineup. Most were scored by trialists that are no longer here.

Again, on a personal standpoint I do think style of play is an issue, but one that is not going to be dealt with anytime soon. We're still in the same place we were two years ago on players - bring us a decent CB and striker!

Support - absolutely! But there is a question of setting reasonable expectations here.

CretanBull
04-04-2010, 05:21 PM
^ Agreed 100%

Super
04-04-2010, 06:02 PM
TORONTO -- With a weekend off from Major League Soccer action, Toronto FC played U.S. second tier team Rochester Rhinos in a training match at Oakville Soccer Centre on Saturday afternoon. Toronto dominated the game but couldn’t score, and the match ended 0-0.

Coach Preki fielded a couple of trialists in the starting line-up and also used the match to give most of his squad some game time. Argentine midfielder Martin Saric was in the starting line-up after recovering from an injury that forced him to leave last week’s season opener in Columbus midway through the second half. SuperDraft pick Nane Joseph also started the match.

Rochester Rhinos were mainly restricted to long range half chances, but did miss a second half penalty. In the 75th minute, half time substitute Dwayne De Rosario was ruled to have pushed a Rhinos player as the ball was played into the area from a free kick and the referee pointed to the spot. It was a let off for TFC, as the penalty was fired over the bar.

Soon after, De Rosario had Toronto’s best chance of the match, but his shot hit the woodwork.

Toronto FC return to training in Oakville on Tuesday as they prepare to face New England Revolution at Gillette Stadium on Saturday night at 7:30 p.m. The match will be broadcast in High Definition on GOLTV Canada.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/04/reds-training-match-ends-tied

Super
04-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Reading the above article, even though it comes from the Ministry of Propaganda at TFC, I find it encouraging that we at the very least dominated the game. DeRo hit the post, so we could very easily have won the game. Rochester shot their penality kick above the bar, so of course we could've lost the game as well. Still, it's nice to know we dominated. New England here we come!

tfc2007
04-04-2010, 06:58 PM
We've played 1 actual season game. But many friendlies etc. And all signs point to a full season of goal droughts followed by losses being racked up. Mo has doomed us all!!!

Friendlies do not count. No matter what, they are not played on the same level as an actual game. We have had 1 real game, and it seems as if everyone is writing this season off. You look at the goals in the Crew game; the first was a man left unmarked on a set play. That is easy to work on and Preki probably let White know to not let it happen again. The second; a missed call and a clearence to the touch line that took a deflection off of the goalkeeper. Not much you can do about that.

Lets keep are heads high. Still lots of season to be played.

Whoop
04-04-2010, 07:04 PM
I just hope that we aren't the first game that Philadelphia wins.

jazzy
04-04-2010, 09:00 PM
That's unlikely to be a serious problem - MLS can do wonder with the rules if a team is motivted enough. Our ownership just isn't motivated enough. How long did it take for them to write a cheque for the first DP? Why would it be any sooner this time?

There is no rush....MLSE after enduring not making the play-offs, will say ya everyones right, we're trying to find someone to right the ship, and over and over again same old, because they are making money, going ever so slowly!

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-04-2010, 09:22 PM
It would have killed them to give us a team sheet?

reggie
04-04-2010, 09:44 PM
are you kidding...its all a secret...maybe they will wear bags on saturday..so we dont know who the players are.
5 games no goals...that's your game sheet...
MO BLOWS AND HE MUST GO NOW..........

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-04-2010, 09:47 PM
TFC is really inconsistent in this respect. They let us know when they trialed Ermenko and even interviewed Dickov on TFC TV, but we can't know who the trialists are who played in this game?

reggie
04-04-2010, 09:56 PM
maybe the front office is too busy trying to sell tickets...oh wait the season is sold out again!!!

Super
04-04-2010, 10:47 PM
TFC is really inconsistent in this respect. They let us know when they trialed Ermenko and even interviewed Dickov on TFC TV, but we can't know who the trialists are who played in this game?

Exactly: the Propaganda Ministry of TFC - making sure that you only know what they want you to know (since 2007). Shows their respect for the fans.

Maybe we should all pitch in so TFC can employ a guy part-time to update us on TFC news.

Pookie
04-04-2010, 11:04 PM
If Mo does get fired, who is going to run the ship?

Does Preki become a true Manager? Reporting directly into a "Chairman" (Anselmi)?

Under that scenario, who becomes the "Salary Capologist?" I don't think Preki has any experience doing that and I'm not sure what help may be available to him internally.

If not that scenario, then who?

Don't forget that the first transfer window closes on April 15 and then reopens 3 months later in July. You'd want your structure in place well in advance of that.

If there are no candidates out there you'd have to think long and hard about when or if to pull the trigger this year

ag futbol
04-05-2010, 02:43 AM
Under that scenario, who becomes the "Salary Capologist?"
Yes, how will we replace our master capologist who blew up all our cap space?

I lot of those are questions we simply can't answer. Who's to say what could be had if we went shopping for a manager?

But, really just having Mo Johnston there for the sake of having a general manager is ridiculous. Keep in mind, he's rolling the dice all the time to save his own bacon leaving the guy who has to clean up after him in a worse position.

The second this thing goes further downhill he should be shown the door, before he can do more damage.

Redcoe15
04-05-2010, 05:29 AM
We're shit.

QFMFTx2

:picard: :prrr:

Pookie
04-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Yes, how will we replace our master capologist who blew up all our cap space?

If we don't fix the system and just put a new arse in the chair, we'll get the same result

I lot of those are questions we simply can't answer. Who's to say what could be had if we went shopping for a manager?

But, really just having Mo Johnston there for the sake of having a general manager is ridiculous. Keep in mind, he's rolling the dice all the time to save his own bacon leaving the guy who has to clean up after him in a worse position.

The second this thing goes further downhill he should be shown the door, before he can do more damage.

I tend to think that in firing Mo, they need to have pre-determined whether they will put Preki at the helm or if they will go shopping.

Any delay in that decision could prove troubling depending on how it plays out.

Where have we seen this before?

The team goes searching for a leader. They can't find the guy... or can't land the guy they want to lead them. They have to default to a plan B or C. They give him an "interim" label and effectively undermine his authority along the way?

MLSE needs to determine whether they intend on shopping or installing Preki before they fire Mo. Putting Preki in that chair after a long, unsuccessful, public search for a Manager could set the team back even more.

That's why these questions are very important in the whole "Fire Mo" campaign.

Hoping it gets better is not a strategy.

koryo
04-05-2010, 07:44 AM
So we can say that based on results to-date, we're a mid-table USL-2 side.

Beach_Red
04-05-2010, 09:00 AM
If Mo does get fired, who is going to run the ship?

Does Preki become a true Manager? Reporting directly into a "Chairman" (Anselmi)?

Under that scenario, who becomes the "Salary Capologist?" I don't think Preki has any experience doing that and I'm not sure what help may be available to him internally.

If not that scenario, then who?

Don't forget that the first transfer window closes on April 15 and then reopens 3 months later in July. You'd want your structure in place well in advance of that.

If there are no candidates out there you'd have to think long and hard about when or if to pull the trigger this year

It'll be the same guy at First Wave who's doing it now ;). Seriously, it is pretty shocking that there can be negotiations in which the guys on both side of the table are represented by the same agent - who gets paid a percentage of the contract total.

Maybe if MLSE offer First Wave a huge bonus if TFC make the playoffs we'll see results :D.

Pookie
04-05-2010, 09:04 AM
^ outsourcing our management... hmmm

Agreed on the shocking part but if you get a chance, pick up "United We Fall" by former Leeds Chairman Peter Ridsdale. Very interesting look into the world of agents and shady deals, amongst other things.

TFC Tifoso
04-05-2010, 09:12 AM
I think what many are failing to understand is that its not about only one game that we've lost/played....

it the fact that our management has caused this club to spin their wheels for 3 years now, and there seems to be no end in sight....

at some point, there needs to be some accountability, and if we keep giving chances to people who have failed for 3 years now, then mediocrity will be the norm....and the whole concept supporters pushing the team to do well will be lost....supporters of TFC have a unique opportunity that has not been seen in the Toronto "fanscape".....that is, an organized group(s) of people who can make their voices heard both when the team is on the field (for the good) and to give the club a collective kick in the ass when they need it (for the bad)...

Roogsy
04-05-2010, 09:17 AM
I think what many are failing to understand is that its not about only one game that we've lost/played....

it the fact that our management has caused this club to spin their wheels for 3 years now, and there seems to be no end in sight....

at some point, there needs to be some accountability, and if we keep giving chances to people who have failed for 3 years now, then mediocrity will be the norm....

But there is accountability!

At the beginning of the season we promise ourselves that by mid-season we need to see results or else.

By mid-season we promise ourselves to wait until the new signings gel with the team and we will wait for the end of the season or else.

By the end of the season, we will wait to see how the off-season goes and then give the team until mid-season or else.

In accounting, debits must equal credits. The statement above shows an incredible balancing act therefore it must be inline with basic accounting standards, hence that sounds like accountability to me!

flambe
04-05-2010, 09:40 AM
I have no doubt that we are playing much better defensively today than we ever have as a team.
Agreed.

But you have to score sometime. Even with DeRo, I'm a little worried that we'll repeat that scoring drought from the first year and that things will kind of implode. Damn, I hope I'm wrong.

DeRo is really our only effective scorer right now. Man mark him with 2 players and he's effectively out of the game, as is any chance to score.

Beach_Red
04-05-2010, 09:44 AM
^ outsourcing our management... hmmm

Agreed on the shocking part but if you get a chance, pick up "United We Fall" by former Leeds Chairman Peter Ridsdale. Very interesting look into the world of agents and shady deals, amongst other things.

Yes, I will, thanks. In our case the combination of agents and what we might call "absentee ownership" combines to produce, well, TFC.

DichioTFC
04-05-2010, 09:49 AM
people are overreacting IMO. we've had one regular season game against arguably the best team in the MLS. we're playing friendlies / preseason matches with trialists, not a finalized, polished squad, but trialists.

my point is that the players performances were more important in those games rather than the result themselves. we've learnt enough from those games about our strengths (i.e. DeRo will be our Tevez, DeGuz our Gerrard, etc.) and weaknesses (Garcia... although I do think that he is better / more inspired than last season).

Still, I have faith in Preki. The goals will come, but defence is job 1.

TFC Tifoso
04-05-2010, 10:04 AM
But there is accountability!

At the beginning of the season we promise ourselves that by mid-season we need to see results or else.

By mid-season we promise ourselves to wait until the new signings gel with the team and we will wait for the end of the season or else.

By the end of the season, we will wait to see how the off-season goes and then give the team until mid-season or else.

In accounting, debits must equal credits. The statement above shows an incredible balancing act therefore it must be inline with basic accounting standards, hence that sounds like accountability to me!

lol......its funny and sad at the same time......

well I just hope that the members of RPB - especially the senior members - who do wish to demand more from our FO do what it takes to make that happen and don't wait around for the rest to finally figure it out and hop on board....it may be too late by then....

jloome
04-05-2010, 10:34 AM
people are overreacting IMO. we've had one regular season game against arguably the best team in the MLS. we're playing friendlies / preseason matches with trialists, not a finalized, polished squad, but trialists.

my point is that the players performances were more important in those games rather than the result themselves. we've learnt enough from those games about our strengths (i.e. DeRo will be our Tevez, DeGuz our Gerrard, etc.) and weaknesses (Garcia... although I do think that he is better / more inspired than last season).

Still, I have faith in Preki. The goals will come, but defence is job 1.

Y'know, when you actually spend a little time assessing relative squad strengths, people AREN'T overreacting.

Have you watched Seattle and New York play this year, with competitive players in almost every starting role? Ditto with Houston, Columbus and Chicago. Even teams like Dallas and Salt Lake that don't have particularly convincing lineups at least have some cohesion from pre-existing time together.

Right now, we're last year's New York Red Bulls: starters who shouldn't be, no bench depth, no confidence. In fact, we're worse off, because at least they had Angel to occasionally rescue them from their own mediocrity. DeRo is a good player, but he's not a natural striker and this isn't a half-strenght Montreal we're playing week in and out, so there won't be any miracles.

Seriously: the transfer window closes in two weeks. Unless we see some serious squad augmentation, this team is going to have a really, really tough year. The best coach in the world couldn't change the fact that we don't have the right mix of players.

jloome
04-05-2010, 10:40 AM
I'm not even sure we had press people there. Note the link to the gameday story has a generic pic of Saric above it?

Beach_Red
04-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Y'know, when you actually spend a little time assessing relative squad strengths, people AREN'T overreacting.

Have you watched Seattle and New York play this year, with competitive players in almost every starting role? Ditto with Houston, Columbus and Chicago. Even teams like Dallas and Salt Lake that don't have particularly convincing lineups at least have some cohesion from pre-existing time together.

Right now, we're last year's New York Red Bulls: starters who shouldn't be, no bench depth, no confidence. In fact, we're worse off, because at least they had Angel to occasionally rescue them from their own mediocrity. DeRo is a good player, but he's not a natural striker and this isn't a half-strenght Montreal we're playing week in and out, so there won't be any miracles.

Seriously: the transfer window closes in two weeks. Unless we see some serious squad augmentation, this team is going to have a really, really tough year. The best coach in the world couldn't change the fact that we don't have the right mix of players.

It's true, we're not overreacting at all. We should be demanding to know why the offseason was so quiet, why Preki came in last November and then apparently wasn't allowed to do anything. Sure, he told Robbo then he wasn't in his plans, so he did have a plan, but nothing got done till the CBA was signed, days before the season.

Why was that?

ag futbol
04-05-2010, 05:25 PM
If we don't fix the system and just put a new arse in the chair, we'll get the same result
When someone's doing damage to an organization you don't just let him keep the seat warm until you find your new guy. Interns when done properly, have a purpose. The reason why they didn't work for TFC, is because they got into Chris Cummins without a clue of where they were going.

TFC should have plenty of alternatives for management. The "you need MLS experience" card will be dead by mid-season when New York and Chicago have winning records. There are ample managers out there, familiar with working within a budget. MLS rules are not as much kryptonite as people paint them out to be. There are lots of countries out there with multiple restrictions based on foreign, domestic players, roster restrictions, and the like. MLS is different, not unique.

Keeping Mo Johnston around just for the sake of it is akin to leaving a gambling addict at a slot machine with your wallet.

Blizzard
04-05-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm not even sure we had press people there. Note the link to the gameday story has a generic pic of Saric above it?

There is a report on the match within the body of this week's Toronto FC TV.

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=1738

Waggy
04-05-2010, 08:48 PM

As long as MLS controls transfer fee's, we aren't getting anyone via transfer. Our help will come at the end of seasons around the world when contracts expire. Normally I think you're pretty shot on with your assessments, but clearly we can see a new direction being taken by the club over the past 8-10 weeks and I think we should give it a chance to breathe. That doesn't mean we shouldn't be saying Mos shite, and Mo should be fired (see my sig), but it does mean that we give the team and most important the players the benefit of the doubt and our manager a chance to prove himself. As we've seen in our relatively short time around MLS, things can change quickly in this league. One good move can turn a whole season around. Let's not start jumping off buildings just yet.