PDA

View Full Version : Mateja Kezman what do you think?

KezmanCCCC
04-03-2010, 01:00 PM
im just throwing this out there (nothing serious)....

I know quite a few of you probably do not know Mateja Kezman or not much about him at least but with the new 2-3 DP rule i think he could be worth looking at as our striker... right now he is playing in france with paris st-germain but i do believe that at the end of the season they will be looking to move him... he has quite a good scoring rate (especially with Paritzan, PSV and Fenerbahce) and i think he would fit in the Preki (fellow country men) mold... he is an all out striker and with the service of De Guzman and De Rosario i think he would very easily net 15-20 goals a season in the MLS (if not more)... he is a very fast and strong striker... hes is still fairly young (turning 31 this month), and is not injury prone... he no longer plays for the national team so he wouldn't miss any matches due to that... the only problem is he is still in contract with PSG and in order to sign him TFC would have to pay transfer fees unless PSG were to terminate his contract... and i dont know how this works in the MLS (im asuming the same as any other league)... i know TFC usually signs players from abroad that are out of contract... for example with De Guzman, he was out of contract so they didn't have to pay any transfer fees to retain his services... i just what to know what you guys think... i know this isn't bloody likely to happen ever but i just wanted to throw it out there...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mateja_Ke%C5%BEman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuJ4sMRsmkA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STFUA_AlDEs&feature=fvsr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4gzouG6j3Q

Lucky Strike
04-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Haven't looked at the videos yet, but seems like he's worth considering going on his bio and stats.

Damien
04-03-2010, 01:07 PM
im just throwing this out there (nothing serious)....

I know quite a few of you probably do not know Mateja Kezman or not much about him at least but with the new 2-3 DP rule i think he could be worth looking at as our striker... right now he is playing in france with paris st-germain but i do believe that at the end of the season they will be looking to move him... he has quite a good scoring rate (especially with Paritzan, PSV and Fenerbahce) and i think he would fit in the Preki (fellow country men) mold... he is an all out striker and with the service of De Guzman and De Rosario i think he would very easily net 15-20 goals a season in the MLS (if not more)... he is a very fast and strong striker... hes is still fairly young (turning 31 this month), and is not injury prone... he no longer plays for the national team so he wouldn't miss any matches due to that... the only problem is he is still in contract with PSG and in order to sign him TFC would have to pay transfer fees unless PSG were to terminate his contract... and i dont know how this works in the MLS (im asuming the same as any other league)... i know TFC usually signs players from abroad that are out of contract... for example with De Guzman, he was out of contract so they didn't have to pay any transfer fees to retain his services... i just what to know what you guys think... i know this isn't bloody likely to happen ever but i just wanted to throw it out there...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mateja_Ke%C5%BEman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuJ4sMRsmkA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STFUA_AlDEs&feature=fvsr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4gzouG6j3Q

Are you Mateja Kezman?

denime
04-03-2010, 01:09 PM
I can get in touch with his manager, my former soccer teammate Vlado Lemic and ask him about Kezman.I don't think he is interested into MLS,but you never know.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-03-2010, 01:12 PM
id love to have him here but i dont see him coming anytime soon

Krasno.pL.
04-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Kezman is a horse!

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-03-2010, 01:24 PM
A washed-up horse, maybe. We don't need another Laurent Robert. He's scored 6 goals in the last three years. I remember he was a huge name on the European scene 5-6 years ago, then he went to Chelsea and hasn't been heard from since.

boban
04-03-2010, 01:36 PM
I hear he's going to Dinamo Zagreb ;)

Shway
04-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Kezman is a horse!

I remember watching Kezman play, and whenever he went on for Chelsea, it was like he was put on to foul and injure

KezmanCCCC
04-03-2010, 01:50 PM
A washed-up horse, maybe. We don't need another Laurent Robert. He's scored 6 goals in the last three years. I remember he was a huge name on the European scene 5-6 years ago, then he went to Chelsea and hasn't been heard from since.

actaully he scored about 45 goals in the past three years - with fenerbahce, PSG and Zenit (in all competitions)... trust me im the one to know about him :P... he just never seems to be able to break the starting 11 consistently in paris... he has alot left in him and can bring alot to a club like TFC... he knows about the MLS as he has played game in the USA with chelsea... but im pretty sure he would like to finish his career at Partizan in serbia... and there also has been rumors about him heading to Croatia to play as Boban had mentioned..... but it would be amazing to seem him sporting the TFC kit....

Lucky Strike
04-03-2010, 02:30 PM
actaully he scored about 45 goals in the past three years - with fenerbahce, PSG and Zenit (in all competitions)... trust me im the one to know about him :P... he just never seems to be able to break the starting 11 consistently in paris... he has alot left in him and can bring alot to a club like TFC... he knows about the MLS as he has played game in the USA with chelsea... but im pretty sure he would like to finish his career at Partizan in serbia... and there also has been rumors about him heading to Croatia to play as Boban had mentioned..... but it would be amazing to seem him sporting the TFC kit....

And how come you have the same forum name as him?

flatpicker
04-03-2010, 02:40 PM
^ cousin perhaps?

Daveisonfire
04-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Or maybe just a fan? lol

Anyways I would welcome Kezman here with open arms without hesitation

torontocelt
04-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Well he doesn't seem to be the player he once was but he is definitely good enough for TFC, you would have think that with good service he would score a bucket load in the MLS.

J .
04-03-2010, 03:47 PM
I'd take anyone who could put in 15 - 20 a year.

KezmanCCCC
04-03-2010, 06:27 PM
^ cousin perhaps?

no just a fan... been following him since his days in PSV and kept on following his career... he one of my prefered players... would love to see him playing for my home town club though... :scarf:
thats why i started the thread.. just wanted to see what people thought... thats all... (and maybe Mo or Preki once and a while takes a glimps at this site and looks into it... lol)

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-03-2010, 07:43 PM
Cool... I'm sure he'd do better than most of our current strikers (ugh) but it seems like he's just been on a downward spiral since moving to Chelsea 5 years ago. I was excited when we picked up the likes of Robert and Ricketts, who had both done very well previously in Europe, but both never made a big impact here, to say the least. So I'm cautious of other players with similar track records in recent years, is all. ;)

crozack
04-04-2010, 12:28 AM
Great player and still relatively young. Would be a stud for a couple of years in a TFC jersey but the price is too high and he's going to Dinamo Zagreb(as previously stated)

Wonder what the Bad Blue Boys are going to say about that!

boban
04-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Great player and still relatively young. Would be a stud for a couple of years in a TFC jersey but the price is too high and he's going to Dinamo Zagreb(as previously stated)

Wonder what the Bad Blue Boys are going to say about that!
he ain't going to no Dinamo.
BBB would crucify Mamic and then Kezman if that happened.

jloome
04-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Cool... I'm sure he'd do better than most of our current strikers (ugh) but it seems like he's just been on a downward spiral since moving to Chelsea 5 years ago. I was excited when we picked up the likes of Robert and Ricketts, who had both done very well previously in Europe, but both never made a big impact here, to say the least. So I'm cautious of other players with similar track records in recent years, is all. ;)

Robert had some very good early years at PSG and Newcastle, so was worth the bet (and with a better team, even his one-way only efforts might've contributed); I think he's still playing in Greece.

Ricketts had all the potential but the headspace was obviously not there enough, as he'd never had the performance record. That one was a lesson for all of us on reclamation projects.

MrHawk
04-04-2010, 10:06 AM
he ain't going to no Dinamo.
BBB would crucify Mamic and then Kezman if that happened.

It was just a rumour started up, since our media has no new Michael Owen's to report about.

He would however, rip that league in 2............just like he would rip MLS a new one.

trane
04-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Kezman is not coming to the the MLS, any time soon.

tfc2008
04-04-2010, 11:52 AM
I know him from PSV Eindhoven and that guy can do something good here

tfc2008
04-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Ruud van Nistelrooy

Whoop
04-04-2010, 12:33 PM
I can get in touch with his manager, my former soccer teammate Vlado Lemic and ask him about Kezman.I don't think he is interested into MLS,but you never know.

denime, Lemic represent any footballers who might want to come to MLS?

KezmanCCCC
04-04-2010, 01:58 PM

yea that is a fair statement... but.... i dont think robert or ricketts should be compared to kezman though... im not saying he is the best striker in europe or in the world by any stretch of the imagination but i do believe he would be very successful here in toronto and would bring an immense amount of experience to the club and could help mentor white and barrett... he has alot still to offer for any club he joins as long as hes given the chances... he would be very well supported in toronto because of the large serbian population here and in the GTA... plus all the great TFC supporters... as would savo milosevic if he had signed here a few years back... and i dont think he would sign for dinamo.. its just a rumor... i dont think it would be anything political about him not signing for dinamo but i think he would rather play at partizan because he would make the same money and would be in his own country and city... kezman still generates interest from other european clubs.... during the transfer window there was alot of speculation that he would return to the EPL with west ham or pompy... also that he would return to la liga or sign with torino... or even make a move to portugal... but he stayed at PSG and i know he wont be back next year.... i would just love to see him here... one can only dream though...:scarf::flare:

Zeke_Jones
04-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Kezman is a peice of shit, lazy cunt talked so much shit before the 2006 world cup and when he got on the pitch he made an ass of himself.
Not to mention after he intentionally made a 2 legged tackle against argentina when we were losing 3-0 he flew home right after that.

Not a team player, selfish lazy peice of garbage I wish wasnt a serb.

Chevy
04-04-2010, 07:56 PM
^^ Don't sugar coat it. Tell us what you REALLY think about him....

:)

KezmanCCCC
04-05-2010, 06:52 AM
He just won PSG player of the month... mo must get on this... lol...

http://www.psg.fr/fr/Article/003001/Article/48475/Kezman-joueur-du-mois-de-mars

Mateja Kezman: "I am very happy. Have recognition from fans is very important to me. I am glad to find a good relationship with them. Thank you to those who voted for me! I will give everything on this end of season and do my best to write goals. Right now, I feel good. It's nice that the fans are behind me. It is more important than anything else. "

J .
04-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Doubt he will be in MLS :P

DichioTFC
04-05-2010, 09:42 AM
He just won PSG player of the month... mo must get on this... lol...

If he's still serviceable in Europe, there's little chance that he'll come here.

I really wish that the clubs overseas would loan us their young strikers for a year, get them some physical training that they wouldnt see on the youth / reserve squads

Serb_Star
04-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Kezman would tear the MLS apart.

He has a huge contract with PSG so I doubt he'd be willing to leave that for TFC but it would be amazing if he came here.