PDA

View Full Version : MLS Match Centre?

Shway
04-03-2010, 08:51 AM
before i buy it i wanted some feedback about it.
would be greatly appreciated

wzhxvy
04-03-2010, 08:55 AM
I used it last year and I watched several games on it...not every game was on it btw, nevermind what they say..but it was very good...good picture quality

woolly
04-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Mixed reviews... The quality of the feed is great, but it seems as if half the games will be blacked out.

woolly
04-03-2010, 08:56 AM
I used it last year and I watched several games on it...not every game was on it btw, nevermind what they say..but it was very good...good picture quality

Just as an extra note, the feeds are in HD this year.

mclaren
04-03-2010, 09:54 AM
I purchased it last year and it was good, but most if not every game you can get on ATDHE, albeit probably in worse quality.

Petor
04-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Mixed reviews... The quality of the feed is great, but it seems as if half the games will be blacked out.

I have it too, quality is great but the blackouts suck.
After a few days you can replay the blacked out matches.

I have yet to try it on the road(netbook), from what I hear you need bandwidth or else its choppy(no buffer?).

carefree_cfc
04-03-2010, 10:18 AM
I purchased it last week. I agree with the 'mixed reviews' above. Watching the game is a far better experience than through any other internet feed i've seen, but it's frustrating not being able to watch some games that you want. I caught some of the KC match from last week and was decently impressed. I'll add that there's dvr capabilities (pause/rewind/ff etc) but I haven't played around with them enough just yet.

kodiakTFC
04-03-2010, 10:20 AM
I've used MLS Match Center so here we go. Last year it was great, the quality wasn't fantastic but for $20 it was worth it because you could catch pretty much all of TFC's games. This year its the opposite, the quality is fantastic but due to the new blackout policies you literally can't watch one TFC game. On top of this, you have to pay double.

Buy MLS Match Center if you want to watch other teams' games. Don't buy MLS Match Center if you wan't it for anything TFC related.

Auzzy
04-03-2010, 01:27 PM
I've used MLS Match Center so here we go. Last year it was great, the quality wasn't fantastic but for $20 it was worth it because you could catch pretty much all of TFC's games. This year its the opposite, the quality is fantastic but due to the new blackout policies you literally can't watch one TFC game. On top of this, you have to pay double.

Buy MLS Match Center if you want to watch other teams' games. Don't buy MLS Match Center if you wan't it for anything TFC related.

^ I totally agree with Kodiak. But Jahinho_Guerro (http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/member.php?u=6028), it also depends where you live. If you're in the GTA, you may not be able to see any TFC games on MatchCentre this season (now called MLS MatchDay Live btw). However, if you live outside of the TFC local viewing area, you might be able to see them. I'm not totally sure about the blocking rules, people have to confirm based on their location. Also, you can't use this outside of the US & Canada any more -- which was another useful feature of the old Match Centre, when travelling outside of NA.

druid
04-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Didn't they also change technology from Flash based video to Microsoft SilverLight?

kodiakTFC
04-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Didn't they also change technology from Flash based video to Microsoft SilverLight?

Yeah they did.

Auzzy
04-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Yup, it's Silverlight now.

^ Jinx

ForestGlade
04-04-2010, 04:12 AM
Great technology, but you can almost never get a game live. I unsubscribed

Jitter
04-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Match Centre cut off the New England/DC game at like 65 minutes as well..
Not impressed!

King Jeff
04-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Great technology, but you can almost never get a game live. I unsubscribed

This. Huge let down.

rocker
04-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Match Centre cut off the New England/DC game at like 65 minutes as well..
Not impressed!

didn't happen to me. maybe it was your internet connection or something.
i watched the whole 90 minutes without a problem.

MartinUtd
04-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Wait, so MLS Matchday Live isn't live? How much of a delay are we talking about?

I was considering this too since the only decent feeds I can find are the odd veetle ones but even they seem kinda buggy at times.

Jitter
04-04-2010, 11:00 AM
didn't happen to me. maybe it was your internet connection or something.
i watched the whole 90 minutes without a problem.

Really?
I've tried three times to watch it now and it always cuts off.
Maybe its because I wasn't watching it live

rocker
04-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Really?
I've tried three times to watch it now and it always cuts off.
Maybe its because I wasn't watching it live

maybe. i turned it on exactly at the start time and watched it all the way through live.

my only problem is my computer.... it's not the greatest and I find even at 400 bitrate it's a bit jittery at times.

rocker
04-04-2010, 11:08 AM
I was wondering if they are doing IP location checking ... I don't think so. I hope they do, and let Canadians watch more games. Most of the games blacked out with that message about "watch it on your local network" are not on in Canada. They should be opened up for us.