03-31-2010, 10:14 PM
Is not attached to any team but is in talks with Colorado
Winger/Forward
Recorded 13 goals and 15 assists in 57 games over the past two years
35 yrs. old
History of injury.
Last season - late sub who can drible, has technical skills and can score
He has pace
Lopez made $820,000 in 2008, but took a massive pay cut last season, earning $180,000

Should we have a look?

Ossington Mental Youth
03-31-2010, 10:20 PM
nope no thanks, id bet he doesnt fit Preki's style, also hes just too old for that money

Yohan
03-31-2010, 10:48 PM
he had his moments of brilliance with KC, but overall he was a major disappointment. pass

Pachuco
04-01-2010, 08:47 AM
You wouldn't take him for 100K? Come on. He's better then OBW in his sleep.

Yohan
04-01-2010, 09:24 AM
he's like, more inconsistent version of Blanco. just about slow too

Ossington Mental Youth
04-01-2010, 09:39 AM

i beg to differ we dont know what OBW is capable of once hes up and running
also Lopez scored only 6 or 7 goals last year and the same the year before, that to me isnt worth 100k

drexel10
04-01-2010, 09:53 AM
i beg to differ we dont know what OBW is capable of once hes up and running
also Lopez scored only 6 or 7 goals last year and the same the year before, that to me isnt worth 100k

I can tell you now, that we do know what OBW is capable of; not much. He has no vision, below average touch and is selfish. He will soon be on the bench coming on as a sub, which might suit him better.

mastermixer
04-01-2010, 09:56 AM
From the few runs I saw White make last game, it seems he is much slower running with the ball than I thought. We definately need a quick striker to compliment him. Lopez would def not bring this.

canadian_bhoy
04-01-2010, 11:14 AM
No way! that jerk spit at me last season!

Peg_Jrak-JI

Technorgasm
04-01-2010, 11:18 AM
LOPEZ?

cue horn:

XeE1hBjjaGg

TFCREDNWHITE
04-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Lopez....No way...No thanks

Ossington Mental Youth
04-01-2010, 02:41 PM
I can tell you now, that we do know what OBW is capable of; not much. He has no vision, below average touch and is selfish. He will soon be on the bench coming on as a sub, which might suit him better.

ill hold great value to your knowledge as youve just signed up and have proved yourself in the passed both in the internet and in my life to be a sure thing when it comes to soccer knowledge

Shaughno
04-01-2010, 02:56 PM

And you know this how? Because of his first start in his first season without a knee injury?

Geeze, you must be a scout or something...

drexel10
04-01-2010, 03:01 PM
And you know this how? Because of his first start in his first season without a knee injury?

It doesn't take a scout to realize that he has limited skills. Sorry if you know the guy or feel a strong bond to him, but don't think that you will all of sudden see him learn to pass, get a better touch and lift his head. Oh and you don't need to base it on one start, takes about 10 minutes to realize.

Shaughno
04-01-2010, 03:02 PM
LOL! I hope you continue to post throughout the season, it'll bring many laughs.

That is all.

McBrace
04-01-2010, 03:03 PM
If you have the ability to see this in 10 minutes you must be a scout! LOL

drexel10
04-01-2010, 03:04 PM
No problem :)

drexel10
04-01-2010, 03:05 PM
If you have the ability to see this in 10 minutes you must be a scout! LOL

Yes, in 10 minutes I can tell he has a poor touch, can't lift his head and is slow to react to plays. As should you.

McBrace
04-01-2010, 03:08 PM
So Scout, cut him loose then? You do realize this is the MLS right?

I think we could find faults in every players game...IMO!!!

Shaughno
04-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Of course. Only one of, if not THE most talented strikers to come through the NCAA soccer program... no chance he'll improve his game, none at all.

drexel10
04-01-2010, 03:11 PM
So Scout, cut him loose then?

No, he can be utilized off the bench. Most of my critique is his play outside the box, but he does have a nose for the goal.

McBrace
04-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Of course. Only one of, if not THE most talented strikers to come through the NCAA soccer program... no chance he'll improve his game, none at all.

Shaughno, don't you know that by the time you hit the big time MLS, you have nothing left to learn?:D

Frick
04-01-2010, 03:12 PM

C'mon Jay, having a knee injury should not affect one's vision.

First touch and whatnot will take time though.

drexel10
04-01-2010, 03:12 PM

Nope, he was succesful as a 22 year old man playing against 18 year old boys.

Shaughno
04-01-2010, 03:16 PM
C'mon Jay, having a knee injury should not affect one's vision.

First touch and whatnot will take time though.

Agreed. From what I've seen, he's a selfish player but has good vision going forward. Does Ruud Van Nistelrooy have great vision when it comes to 'team play'? No, he turns and looks to score. Just like OBW tries to do. Not every forward is a Wayne Rooney.

Nope, he was succesful as a 22 year old man playing against 18 year old boys.

Yes... because the whole NCAA is full of 18 year old freshmen...

Section 117
04-01-2010, 03:21 PM
He is now fianlly fit it takes 8 months to physically heal from knee surgery and it takes over a year mentally. So that being said having an understanding of the players around you takes time, once he meshes better with the players around him his vision will improve. His touch is ok not great it is MLS standard.

Drexel in you your highly esteemed opinion who should we sign since it is easy to bash players

Shaughno
04-01-2010, 03:24 PM
...and to be fair, some players never fully recover mentally from a bad injury. No matter how high of a level they play.

From what I've seen of OBW since he's been with TFC, he's definitely a future asset. He shouldn't be our main striking option, it almost feels like when we dropped Lombardo into the lone striker roll with no support.

Frick
04-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Agreed. From what I've seen, he's a selfish player but has good vision going forward. Does Ruud Van Nistelrooy have great vision when it comes to 'team play'? No, he turns and looks to score. Just like OBW tries to do. Not every forward is a Wayne Rooney.

Now there is a constructive argument.

drexel10 was giving his opinion, and I think your response to me would have been better for him.

J .
04-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Id rather OBW and Barrett get minutes. Lopez is likely too slow for Preki's vision of how he wants to play.

Shaughno
04-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Now there is a constructive argument.

drexel10 was giving his opinion, and I think your response to me would have been better for him.

Not to be a dick, but he's new on the boards and his first post kind of hinted at OBW having a limited skill set and won't be able to accomplish much. Kind of a bold and baseless statement, so I responded in such manner.

If someone asks a question, or poses a theory, I'm all for discussion. When you slag our players who have had limited playing time and especially when they're coming back from a major injury, I'm not going to take it very seriously. ;)

Id rather OBW and Barrett get minutes. Lopez is likely too slow for Preki's vision of how he wants to play.

Agreed, doesn't have the work rate to be brought in by Preki... Dickov on the other hand... ;)

Frick
04-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Not to be a dick, but he's new on the boards and his first post kind of hinted at OBW having a limited skill set and won't be able to accomplish much. Kind of a bold and baseless statement, so I responded in such manner.

If someone asks a question, or poses a theory, I'm all for discussion. When you slag our players who have had limited playing time and especially when they're coming back from a major injury, I'm not going to take it very seriously. ;)

Fair enough in regards to not backing up his statements, however just because he is new to the boards shouldn't matter. He could have been following TFC from the beginning and been reading the boards forever, and only now just registered.

Hell, I hardly post but I'm reading the boards everyday, and as you know, I have been part of the group since the very beginning. But other members won't know that, and shouldn't disregard a comment because I don't post much.

/rant

Shaughno
04-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Agreed. To be honest, I didn't look at his join date until after it was already pointed out... I was full on already writing a response when that did click in. :lol:

It was the 'tone' of his posts that got me responding. Almost as if he was some footy arm-chair god that knows more than everyone else... hence why I chimed in with a slightly... ok, more than slightly sarcastic post. ;)

J .
04-01-2010, 04:34 PM
For what its worth, Ive not been overly impressed by OBW. I think he neesd a substantial amount of development over the next year too become a good MLS striker. Right now I wouldn't rate him highly as a starter and prefer him in a backup spot duty role to gain experience.

drexel10
04-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Hey Guys, we are just discussing the same team we all love. Yes I am new to this board, however I can't see how that is at all relevant in discussing OBW.

I would love for OBW to do well (we are both alumnus of the same high school, different generation), but I unfortunately believe he doesn't have it. I am talking about OBW and you guys are calling me scout, or arm chair manager yada yada, how is that discussing the player?? You guys tell me, why will he be successful?!?!?!?! Since you have called me scout, you tell me why I would want to buy him? :)

Ossington Mental Youth
04-01-2010, 09:05 PM
youre new here and giving an opinion as a fact, not a good look as someone whos new to the board, just sayin

McBrace
04-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Hey Guys, we are just discussing the same team we all love. Yes I am new to this board, however I can't see how that is at all relevant in discussing OBW.

I would love for OBW to do well (we are both alumnus of the same high school, different generation), but I unfortunately believe he doesn't have it. I am talking about OBW and you guys are calling me scout, or arm chair manager yada yada, how is that discussing the player?? You guys tell me, why will he be successful?!?!?!?! Since you have called me scout, you tell me why I would want to buy him? :)

I believe its far to early to think that he should not be given the chance to show how he can perform with a full season under his belt. I think he scored 2 in 9 last season??. That isn't bad coming off a serious injury.. Like others mentioned he may never get over the injury mentally, but a player that showed much promise in the NCAA, should be assessed in more than 9 games.. To assume he can't develope further under the right guidance is a little short sighted.. IMO...:)...

I'm not sure what he's making, but I'm sure its less then Garcia..LOL

drexel10
04-01-2010, 09:42 PM
youre new here and giving an opinion as a fact, not a good look as someone whos new to the board, just sayin

an opinion is an opinion, I have read yours on big soccer and soccer by ives, so what is your point? Do I have to be selective on what I think?? Oh, okay I get it, Garcia sucks, is that what you want to hear??

McBrace
04-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Well we agree on that..ha ha ha

Ossington Mental Youth
04-01-2010, 09:50 PM
youve never read my opinion on big soccer, i dont post there.
As for garcia, its common knowledge but youll hardly find me to be the one that regularly spits that out in every thread.
Dude has played a third of a season having recovered from a serious injury and coming from the NCAA, hes young by this leagues standards.
An opinion is definitely an opinion try not to express an opinion as fact
Im not bothered to continue this discussion from here

DOMIN8R
04-01-2010, 09:53 PM
This isn't a soccer blog or an MLS corporate conduit.

This is more a TFC supporters planned, built and operated web portal. All comments are welcome.....unless you are a troll or your comments are hate driven. Having said that; without street cred - you should expect push back when you challenge our team/players.

Big Soccer might be a better place for that.

drexel10
04-01-2010, 10:00 PM
This isn't a soccer blog or an MLS corporate conduit.

This is more a TFC supporters planned, built and operated web portal. All comments are welcome.....unless you are a troll or your comments are hate driven. Having said that; without street cred - you should expect push back when you challenge our team/players.

Big Soccer might be a better place for that.

Oh I can understand that, I am not a troll, just a passionate fan that likes to discuss TFC with an open mind.

OBW will be on the bench within 3 games.

DOMIN8R
04-01-2010, 10:04 PM
I admire your adamant opinion. We'll see.

jloome
04-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Yeah, people here bitch and whine all the fuckin' time, me especially:D

Anyway, I have to say I don't think OB's ready for prime time. He's seems to have great ball striking skills and we've seen him finish a couple of real tough ones, but his movement off the ball needs a lot of work.

Doesn't mean he won't be ready by next year, though. I just don't see him lighting it up yet.

I'll tell you what (and flame away, by all means): I think this team needs Chad Barrett back, right quick. His finishing in the past has been lunkheaded but the reality is that a) most strikers (not wunderkinds like Owen and Rooney) peak in their late 20s.

B)those bad finishes stem in part from chances he creates with really industrious work ethic and off-the-ball movement. If he can add three or four goals a year over the next couple of seasons, we've got a 9-12 goal striker who can also play wide and stretch defences.

I know, he can't finish for shit. But I really think there are mindset issues there that can still be addressed.

I know, I know:drinking::drinking::drinking:

drexel10
04-01-2010, 10:05 PM
I admire your adamant opinion. We'll see.

That is fair :)

oxygenatedbrain
04-01-2010, 10:08 PM
RPB's enormous brainpower challenge: In what city is Drexel located? Hint: The MLS team there has the same join date as drexel10...no...nothing? Never mind.

DOMIN8R
04-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Although we are now officially waaaay off topic. I think that Chad will be a sub in NE. And I have nothing but cautious optimism for him this year.

DOMIN8R
04-01-2010, 10:10 PM
RPB's enormous brainpower challenge: In what city is Drexel located? Hint: The MLS team there has the same join date as drexel10...no...nothing? Never mind.

Nice find, Oxygenated.

Interesting.

drexel10
04-01-2010, 10:18 PM

LOL! That is true, however, I played for Wexford Soccer Club, from Scarboroguh, just happened to play NCAA at Drexel :)

oxygenatedbrain
04-01-2010, 10:42 PM
I know you from BS...just pointing out the trollishness of the coincidence.

Pachuco
04-01-2010, 11:06 PM
Yeah, people here bitch and whine all the fuckin' time, me especially:D

Anyway, I have to say I don't think OB's ready for prime time. He's seems to have great ball striking skills and we've seen him finish a couple of real tough ones, but his movement off the ball needs a lot of work.

Doesn't mean he won't be ready by next year, though. I just don't see him lighting it up yet.

I'll tell you what (and flame away, by all means): I think this team needs Chad Barrett back, right quick. His finishing in the past has been lunkheaded but the reality is that a) most strikers (not wunderkinds like Owen and Rooney) peak in their late 20s.

B)those bad finishes stem in part from chances he creates with really industrious work ethic and off-the-ball movement. If he can add three or four goals a year over the next couple of seasons, we've got a 9-12 goal striker who can also play wide and stretch defences.

I know, he can't finish for shit. But I really think there are mindset issues there that can still be addressed.

I know, I know:drinking::drinking::drinking:

Something must be wrong, I agree on all points here :)

I don't think anyone is trying to bash OBW, some people like me just think he ain't ready. It doesn't take me long to make an assessment of a player and I don't know why half a season isn't enough to assess OBW. Fine that he came back from knee injury but I'm not making my assessment based on his speed or shot abilty. In fact, he looks to me like he's running at full speed and can strike the ball quite well. Where I think he lacks right now is soccer IQ and making smart runs. He also seriously lacks a first touch and I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with his knee. Anyways, he could turn out to be a solid striker, I just don't see him scoring many goals this year and should be coming off the bench ASAP. I must've healed from Barrett's missess because I sure am ready to see him back.

Macksam
04-02-2010, 09:08 PM
This Claudio Lopez?
Chm3KbWh3a0