PDA

View Full Version : Why do players sulk on the pitch!

Goalie20
03-31-2010, 02:02 PM
This is a pet peeve of mine of which many of the players are guilty of and it speaks volumes as to their state of mind. When someone is open and the ball is not played to them you can physically see their disappointment as they grind to a halt. The same applies to situations when a fellow player makes a bad play. In my opinion a true professional should never show this kind of disappointment on the pitch.

Nine times out of ten the player who has made the mistake, or not passed to the open player, knows what they have done. By stopping your run and and dropping your head down you are just putting yourself out of play. Suck it up, turn on your heel and get back in the play.

Count the times in the next game that this happens to TFC and then watch a game with a leading European team and do the same thing. You will often see a player in Europe give a thumbs up to a running player who he didn't pass the ball to because it is all part of the game and opened a shooting lane for him. The other player turns and gets on his bike to get back in position. He doesn't stop his run, shake his head, and walk back up the field.

flatpicker
03-31-2010, 02:04 PM
There are cry babies on teams all over the world.
It's silly, but a fact of life.

drewski
03-31-2010, 02:12 PM
disappointment for fucking up a play isn't so bad. it shows that they know they made a mistake, which is better than being totally oblivious.

Globetrotter
03-31-2010, 02:33 PM
(One of the things) I can't stand is on every play, the defense throws there arm in the air for an offside. If there's a goal, guaranteed arms are up by the team that had the goal scored against. Absolutely hate it. Imagine an entire outfield lifting their arms every time a home run was hit in hopes the umpire would check for a corked bat.