PDA

View Full Version : TFC Away Games Support

TIRONA
03-31-2010, 12:47 PM
Hello,

I have been a member of this board for a few years now but I dont write too often... more of a reader.

Im not sure if this is the right section to seek some info from the board members about trips to see TFC away, but if it is not i apologize to the mods... they can move it to the appropriate place.

Been to many home games, but never seen TFC away. I would like to catch TFC play Philly sometime in July (since my friend also moved there and I would like visit her and bring her to the game as well with the TFC crowd). New stadium as well.

Are there trips organized on a regular basis? Any info regarding away trips (who to contact, details etc) would be very helpful.

THANKS A LOT,

RedWookie
03-31-2010, 12:50 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6

there you go man

flatpicker
03-31-2010, 12:50 PM
^ Away trips are organized for the benefit of RPB Members.
But all are welcome to head down to whatever city.

I have a feeling that Philly will have many folks attending from here (including myself).

JonO
03-31-2010, 12:53 PM
Just so you don't get the wrong impression, away trips are organized for members only because it is a requirement by TICO (Travel Industry Council of Ontario). At least that's my understanding...

TIRONA
03-31-2010, 12:59 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6

there you go man

thanks so for the link, but I cant access it.

Is there any chance to take part in one of these trips without being a member of RPB? Were all the people that went to Columbus last year (this year we didnt have too many) members??

flatpicker
03-31-2010, 01:02 PM

Is there any chance to take part in one of these trips without being a member of RPB? Were all the people that went to Columbus last year (this year we didnt have too many) members??

Anyone can go on any away trip.
The bonus of being a member is that we organise special rates for hotels, buses etc...
As well, all away game tickets are handled by the group.

But in your case, you would have to get your own tickets from the other team stadium and arrange your own travel and accommodation.

Membership has it's privileges!

Phil
03-31-2010, 01:03 PM

You can do the trip on your own but due to TICO laws we can no longer sell away trips to the public. You must be a member to access the trips.

FluSH
03-31-2010, 01:05 PM
JUST GO TO BOSTON!!!!

It will be THE trip of the year...

Parkdale
03-31-2010, 01:12 PM
here's a plan of action:

come out to any RPB event (like an away game viewing at Joe's or a pre-game tailgate)
see if you like the look of the group. find out what were about. talk to some people.
decide if you are willing to step up your level of support and join the group.
then, if you meet the criteria of membership, the world of RPB road trips is all yours!

cheers,

Parkdale
03-31-2010, 01:16 PM
Just so you don't get the wrong impression, away trips are organized for members only because it is a requirement by TICO (Travel Industry Council of Ontario). At least that's my understanding...

that's not the only reason. yes, we are respecting TICO's rules, but we're
not just doing it because those are the rules. We're doing it because
it's a lot of work to make the trips happen (just ask kev or rob) and all that
work should go into getting the RPBs to away games, and not someone else.

there is no profit made on the trips (in fact, it's the opposite), so the work
that goes into the trips is strictly to benefit the group (and though that, the team).

jabbronies
03-31-2010, 01:27 PM
There are a number of ways you can get to an away game - Carpool with other people on the messageboard or flying on Porter seem to be the more favored options.

Tickets to games outside of Toronto, Chicago and Seattle are very very easy to come by. I'm sure if you call "Insert team name" Front office or go to their website, you'll be able to get tickets no problem at all.

FluSH
03-31-2010, 01:29 PM
I think that everything that can be said has been said.... time to close... in 1...