PDA

View Full Version : TFC vs DC United - Reserve Game Update

arsenal
06-18-2008, 12:05 PM
Per the Goff board, 2-nil loss. James was sent off for smacking that little smurf Niell.

In Reserve

Nothing like spending a gorgeous morning at the RFK training grounds for a DCU-Toronto reserve match.
What does it say about Jose Carvallo that, for the second consecutive reserve game, he starts out on the bench? Clearly, the clock is ticking on his MLS career. The July 1 contract deadline looms. Rookie James Thorpe, who has been with the club full-time for only a few weeks, was in the lineup. Carvallo entered at the half. Manuel Vallaurio, a 21-year-old from Monaco, is on trial, but not eligible for reserve action. I'm also told that United is looking elsewhere in Europe for goalkeeping help.
The highlights of the half were a disallowed TFC goal (offside on a free kick) and a scuffle about a half-hour into the game that began with Julius James taking exception to Quavas Kirk's challenge near the sideline. James and Kirk jawed for a moment before James smacked Franco Niell in the face and was red-carded. The match remained chippy the remainder of the half with a few minor conflicts.
DCU lineup: Thorpe; Barlow, Mediate, Murphy, Zaher; Craig Thompson (guest), Stratford, Dyachenko, Kirk; Cordeiro, Niell. Pat Carroll is sidelined with an ankle injury.
No score at the half. More later.
Meantime, United is moving closer to finalizing a date for the rescheduled Houston match: Tues., July 22, two days before the all-star game. No official word yet.
Ticket sales for Beckham and the Galaxy's visit next week have surpassed 30,000.
[UPDATE]
United wins, 2-0, on a pair of late goals by Niell. Despite being down a man, TFC created some quality chances and Carvallo had to make one reflex save before DCU scored twice. Dyachenko did well to set up the first goal.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2008/06/in_reserve.html

footyfan
06-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Per the Goff board, 2-nil loss. James was sent off for smacking that little smurf Niell.

Yes and that was almost as classless as you bragging about it.

The highlights of the half were a disallowed TFC goal (offside on a free kick) and a scuffle about a half-hour into the game that began with Julius James taking exception to Quavas Kirk's challenge near the sideline. James and Kirk jawed for a moment before James smacked Franco Niell in the face and was red-carded. The match remained chippy the remainder of the half with a few minor conflicts.Classless. Smacking a midget like a girl instead of the guy he had the problem with. Let me just say, you don't know gangster. Quavis Kirk ain't nothing to fuck with. So he didn't, he slapped a midget instead rather than get beat down by the Q.http://b2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00120/24/73/120393742_l.jpg Pray our sides do not meet in the playoffs. DC United players (even the reserves) have long memories.

BTW: Even our training pitch is real, green grass. Maybe you lot should try that, you might win more away games...

pat416
06-18-2008, 12:16 PM
AHAHAH YES JULIUS SMACKED him wayto go James , i love it!!!! :)

arsenal
06-18-2008, 12:23 PM
Pray our sides do not meet in the playoffs. DC United players (even the reserves) have long memories.

BTW: Even our training pitch is real, green grass. Maybe you lot should try that, you might win more away games...

Gee ... so if we can be just like the mighty DC United and get grass we can strive towards your away record of 1-5-1. :noidea:

Troll
06-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Gee ... so if we can be just like the mighty DC United and get grass we can strive towards your away record of 1-5-1. :noidea:

Hahahahaha,

You just got knocked the fuck out!!!!

Flipityflu
06-18-2008, 12:31 PM
maybe James can smack footyfan as well while he's down there.

Troll
06-18-2008, 12:32 PM
Yes and that was almost as classless as you bragging about it.

Classless. Smacking a midget like a girl instead of the guy he had the problem with. Let me just say, you don't know gangster. Quavis Kirk ain't nothing to fuck with. So he didn't, he slapped a midget instead rather than get beat down by the Q.

Pray our sides do not meet in the playoffs. DC United players (even the reserves) have long memories.

You're such a useless twat. Are you on every other teams board too? I picture you being a 294 lb toothless loser that has no 'real life friends'.

Perhaps the little troll interjected and James slapped him like the little bitch he is?

And we don't give a fuck about your side. If we did, we'd be registered on your message boards and become as big a fucking retard as you already are.

As already stated above.... what's YOUR away record?

Beat it.

Oh, the RPB mods are seriously fucking useless for letting this tard continually post here.

Phil
06-18-2008, 12:34 PM

We have grass up here, thank you very much :D

And yes, they have been known to practice on it.

Damien
06-18-2008, 12:40 PM
Oh, the RPB mods are seriously fucking useless for letting this tard continually post here.

If we booted everyone who rips into something TFC related then this board would have been long closed due to lack of members. :rolleyes:

footyfan
06-18-2008, 12:41 PM

Call us when you beat Chicago at Toyota Park.
:canada:

MUFC_Niagara
06-18-2008, 01:00 PM
If we booted everyone who rips into something TFC related then this board would have been long closed due to lack of members. :rolleyes:

I think its a little different when it is a fan from another team who comes on here to stir it up....rethink it Damiiano

Nerepis
06-18-2008, 01:06 PM
I think its a little different when it is a fan from another team who comes on here to stir it up....rethink it Damiiano

Agreed!!! I can talk smack about my family but god help you if you do. :eek:

Cambridge_Red
06-18-2008, 01:07 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=62&pictureid=259

Pachuco
06-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Why is Goff such a moron, he can't even report on TFC's lineup?

ExiledRed
06-18-2008, 01:19 PM

Fuck, I'll bet the lads are quaking in their cleats. Terrifying stuff.

Get over yourself Dickshit, your teams not that hard at all, and it's full of 'midgets' if you hadnt noticed.

Cambridge_Red
06-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Call us when you beat Chicago at Toyota Park.

*cough*
http://web.mlsnet.com/standings/index.jsp?team=t280

footyfan
06-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Why is Goff such a moron, he can't even report on TFC's lineup?

He writes for the Washington Post. In other words, no one cares about TFC's line up in a reserve game.

Damien
06-18-2008, 01:30 PM

When a board rule is violated then action will definetly be taken.

Cambridge_Red
06-18-2008, 01:30 PM
No one here cares about DC United.

footyfan
06-18-2008, 01:31 PM
*cough*
http://web.mlsnet.com/standings/index.jsp?team=t280

Being naive is one thing but if you look at the standings midseason for like the last 10 years, Columbus would have won a couple MLS Cups and Dallas the Supporters Sheild 3-4 times.

The only standings that matter are the ones at the end of the season.

We're climbing up from the cellar like we always do to have our way with you in the playoffs and get into a SuperLiga position.

footyfan
06-18-2008, 01:33 PM
When a board rule is violated then action will definetly be taken.

I have to admit, I only go to this board and Houston's cause your teams are the only ones other than United, that I respect. So if I wind people up from time to time, take it as a sign of respect. No one cares about Cumblowus or The Red Balls.

I will never violate the rules of this board or be abusive towards any RPB board members.

werewolf
06-18-2008, 01:35 PM

:rofl:

the one guy that might be a physical presence, Peralta, turned into Dichio's bitch. Plenty of rolling around on the ground, whining, grabbing his face.

Cambridge_Red
06-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Fair enough.. Your defence will be your down fall. Once we have all of our internationals back our road record will improve TFC has done incredible considering our roster turnaround.

ExiledRed
06-18-2008, 01:36 PM
I have to admit, I only go to this board and Houston's cause your teams are the only ones other than United, that I respect. .

Well now that youve said that......

youre still a dickshit, fuck off.

TFC-Tyler
06-18-2008, 01:37 PM
What the hell? This douche is a DC fan, yet he posts on our board a lot? Get a fucking life bud.

LOL at your little grass joke. What an away record you guys have. Oh, have ya checked the standings lately?

footyfan
06-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Fair enough.. Your defence will be your down fall. Once we have all of our internationals back our road record will improve TFC has done incredible considering our roster turnaround.

That is what has impressed me most about TFC. The difference between last year's team vs this year's. Still I see you finishing no higher than 4th over all in the single table (which is still good enough to get into SuperLiga) and 3rd in the East (which would put you in the playoffs in the stronger conference).

footyfan
06-18-2008, 01:41 PM
What the hell? This douche is a DC fan, yet he posts on our board a lot? Get a fucking life bud.

LOL at your little grass joke. What an away record you guys have. Oh, have ya checked the standings lately?

Yes, they look a lot like last year when we won the Supporter's Shield. And 2004 when we won MLS Cup. :canada:

Like i said, TFC - Champions of June. Ask Revs fans about that.

Troll
06-18-2008, 02:28 PM
shut up fatty.

MUFC_Niagara
06-18-2008, 02:36 PM

QFT...well said ER!!!!

footyfan
06-18-2008, 02:52 PM

Question for mods? If I told a RPB member to fuck off and called them a dickshit (whatever that is?! :cool:) would that be in violation of board rules? Just wanting to make sure so if I ever resorted to such a classless thing I am not ejected for what is within the laws of the game ;)

<Mods will note, footyfan has never personally attacked a member of this board.>

footyfan
06-18-2008, 03:09 PM
I don't know why I am posting this considering the verbal abuse hurled at me in this thread but here are some more details from someone who watched the reserve game. Your boys did well controlling the play until the red card and goal.

A few more notes:

DC's starting lineup:

GK: Thorpe
D's (L-to-R): Zaher, Murphy, Mediate, Barlow
M's (L-to-R): Thompson (guest), Dyachenko, Stratford, Kirk
F's: Niell, Cordeiro

At the beginning of the second, Carvalho replaced Thorpe, and Cordeiro and Thompson switched (putting Cordeiro in his normal position).

Barlow and Dyachenko were subbed out over the course of the second; can't remember who came in.

As noted, DC wins 2-0. The scoreline is a bit misleading; Toronto had the run of play for a lot of the match. It seemed to go through phases:

1. For much of the first, Toronto carried the run of play, right up until the dust-up between one of our players (Thompson?) and one of theirs (was on the opposite side of the field from me. Niell came running in, and took a shot to the head/neck. He got a yellow; the guy who clocked him got red.

2. After the red, and for the rest of the first, the match was more in our favor, but not as much as you'd expect given the man advantage.

3. At the start of the second, despite being a man down, Toronto came out strong and really pressed. They had the momentum until we scored, against the run of play. I'd moved to the north end of the field at that point, and the goal was scored at the south end, but it looked like a nice sequence.

4. After that goal, Toronto seemed to really deflate, while DC played with more confidence and energy. The second goal game when Niell sent in a low shot. The keeper was a little out from the goal to narrow the angle of the shot. Just as Niell shot, a TFC player slid in to tackle the ball, causing a deflection up into the air and over the keeper's head, and into the goal.

Not much happened after that.

Late in the first, there was nearly a second fight. Gala for TFC and Zaher for DCU had been jawing away and bumping each other for an extended period, jockeying for "position" even though the ball wasn't nearby. As Zaher left it and started to move back towards his goal, Gala took the opportunity to kick Zaher in the calf from behind. Zaher came back after him and shoved him, and of course that's all the refs saw and TFC got the foul call. On the subsequent free kick, Toronto seemed to score a nice goal, but it was called back for offside.

Footyfan note: Nice way to treat a former TFC player.

One other note: I've never heard anybody jaw at the AR like Lombardo does. Anyone. Some of the stuff he said to the AR was so over the line, without a card or even a comment from the ref, that I now can't imagine how far one would have to go to get the automatic red for "abusive language" that we've occasionally seen. Wow wow wow, he was unreal. Footyfan note: Your team is full of classless hacks.

Phil
06-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Who is the forward that wears 30 on the DC team/reserve?

We had some fun with that guy last reserve game. :D

footyfan
06-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Who is the forward that wears 30 on the DC team/reserve?

We had some fun with that guy last reserve game. :D

That would be Liberian international Francis Doe who is away with the Liberian national team. What kind of fun did you have?

TFC07
06-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Fuck, I'll bet the lads are quaking in their cleats. Terrifying stuff.

Get over yourself Dickshit, your teams not that hard at all, and it's full of 'midgets' if you hadnt noticed.

QFT.

Phil
06-18-2008, 03:19 PM
That would be Liberian international Francis Doe who is away with the Liberian national team. What kind of fun did you have?

He got a bit riled at us on the sidelines - and we were being pretty good that day - told us to fuck off.

Its nice to know we got under his skin without trying. At the restart of the 2nd half he gave us the finger in a very sneaky way. He was subbed with 20mins left. It's fun to have opposition players that play along, makes it more interesting for us.

Cambridge_Red
06-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Cambridge_Red: Football isn't for pansies

werewolf
06-18-2008, 03:24 PM

:lol:

that guy is punk.

that is all.

Jack
06-18-2008, 03:44 PM
Question for mods? If I told a RPB member to fuck off and called them a dickshit (whatever that is?! :cool:) would that be in violation of board rules? Just wanting to make sure so if I ever resorted to such a classless thing I am not ejected for what is within the laws of the game ;)

<Mods will note, footyfan has never personally attacked a member of this board.>
It doesn't matter footyfan. The fact of the matter is, you come on here to stir the pot and cause trouble, so whether you insult another member on the board or not doesn't make any difference.

Trolling is also a cause for a ban.

Nerepis
06-18-2008, 04:06 PM
It doesn't matter footyfan. The fact of the matter is, you come on here to stir the pot and cause trouble, so whether you insult another member on the board or not doesn't make any difference.

The fact of the matter is that you are in our house, if I was in your house and started pissing on the floor, I'm sure you would have a few choice words for me. You are a guest, a little respect goes a long way. Thanks for your positive posts but please leave your shit disturbing and condescension at the door in your own words, it's "classless."

TicTacTabarnack
06-18-2008, 04:30 PM

LMAO! :rofl:

Lucky Strike
06-18-2008, 05:06 PM

That would be Christmas come early! Seriously, this guy needs to get lost...or some friends...or laid...or (ad infinitum).

T_Mizz
06-18-2008, 07:35 PM
He got a bit riled at us on the sidelines - and we were being pretty good that day - told us to fuck off.

Its nice to know we got under his skin without trying. At the restart of the 2nd half he gave us the finger in a very sneaky way. He was subbed with 20mins left. It's fun to have opposition players that play along, makes it more interesting for us.
what do you expect you guys are pros you play with the big boys and he's only a reserve he clearly showed it that day

ExiledRed
06-18-2008, 08:25 PM

Dickshit: fecal matter that coagulates around a penis after it withdraws from anal sex with someone who really needed to go to the toilet.

Just clearing that up.

TicTacTabarnack
06-18-2008, 08:30 PM
Dickshit: fecal matter that coagulates around a penis after it withdraws from anal sex with someone who really needed to go to the toilet.

Just clearing that up.

I've had more laughs from the zingers on this thread sticking it to a DC Troll than from watching last comic standing. Zing!

I agree with El Presidente and others ... This is Our House! Treat it with respect or we will put you in your place and eject you back to your Big Soccer forum.

footyfan
06-19-2008, 06:14 AM
This is Our House! Treat it with respect or we will put you in your place and eject you back to your Big Soccer forum.

Fair enough.

And the first step in that direction is a lineup contained in this report (edited down for TFC specfic content).

Toronto FC under John Carver tends to deploy a 4-4-2 formation which morphs into a 4-5-1 as needed. Their reserves often exhibit tactics used by the first team a week later. Carver, experiments more with tactics with his reserve squad than most others around the league so observing reserve matches can provide us with fairly good intelligence when we compare training ground excercises to reserve games to first team games. There are some Toronto FC reserve players who show promise however their forwards seem mostly useless but should be monitored shoud they develop into better players. They may present future trade targets. Andrea Lombardo may be one to watch should he improve his accuracy as he received several first team minutes last season. Jarrod Smith has fairly good vision but lacks consistency but has a fairly strong shot.

Overall the post-mortem on this game is that anything we've learned in past meetings with Toronto has been underscored and we should know how to play them should we need to in the playoffs.

Toronto FC Lineup (4-4-2): GK-David Monsalve, D-Tyler Hemming, D-Kilian Elkinson (Marko Bedenikovic 46), D-Julius James, D-Nana Attakora-Gyan; M-Joey Melo, M-Gabe Gala, M-Tyler Rosunlund, M-Abdus Ibrihim; F-Jarrod Smith, F-Andrea Lombardo.

---------------------------

There, happy now?

Oldtimer
06-19-2008, 07:32 AM
Hey footyfan, you might want to note that TFC is #1 on the fairplay table. DC is 13th. :p

Steve
06-19-2008, 07:53 AM
1) Gala got into a fight? Gala? Am I the only one that finds that funny? That dude weighs like 140 pounds.

2) You beat Chicago at home? Really? And this is a huge accomplishment? I'm not saying Chicago isn't a great team this year, they are, but look at their stats. They are 4-1-1 on the road, great road team. But what's this? 2-3 at home? Chicago is strange, they seem to play worse at home, call me when you beat Chicago at RFK.