PDA

View Full Version : MLS 2010 Cup

tfc2007
03-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Looks like we officially have it...
What do you think the ticket price range will be?

Are you going to go? Why or Why not?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
03-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Looks like we officially have it...
What do you think the ticket price range will be?

With TFC most likely not making the final......i would assume the tickets will be priced FAIRLY!

moralis
03-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Question for Paul Beirne:

Do you know if TFC season ticket holders will get first crack at MLS Cup tickets? How will it work out?

Vinny Dichio
03-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Did anyone see CP24's Nathan Downer interview Boris outside of the ACC?!?!
Pretty awesome!!!

rocker
03-30-2010, 12:20 PM
i'll be there. wouldn't miss it...!

i loved the allstar game experience.

even if you think "i wouldn't go unless TFC is in it" you still have to buy the tickets just in case... they'll go on sale way before the playoffs i'm sure and sell out easily.

ParadymeTFC
03-30-2010, 12:23 PM
I will.

It seems like there is a lot of people trying to bring soccer further into the lime light in Toronto and if the weekend is as big of an event as they say it will be I will gladly support it.

flatpicker
03-30-2010, 12:24 PM
I wonder, would they only go on sale to season ticket holders only?
And then hold back singles seat sales (including North End) so that fans of the teams in the final can get seats?

Regardless, I will go... with or without Toronto.

Darlofletch
03-30-2010, 12:25 PM

Do you know if TFC season ticket holders will get first crack at MLS Cup tickets? How will it work out?

Information regarding ticket sales for MLS Cup 2010 will be announced at a later date, but Toronto FC season ticket holders will have priority.

ap press release on tfc website.

I'm in (unless ridiculously priced), and seriously debating taking the thursday and friday off work for the full 4 day experience.

olegunnar
03-30-2010, 12:25 PM
i'll be there. wouldn't miss it...!

i loved the allstar game experience.

even if you think "i wouldn't go unless TFC is in it" you still have to buy the tickets just in case... they'll go on sale way before the playoffs i'm sure and sell out easily.

Who will you cheer for? Columbus? Seattle? Galaxy?
Will you stand and applaud when Hejduk raises the cup? Way to go Frankie!
Get all excited with Landycakes scores?
How about if the NYRB are in the final and the ESC show up and start chanting This is our house...will you enjoy that experience?

I can understand going to an all star game...it's a non compettive exhibition, however I can't wrap my head around going to a competitive event at whats supposed to be our house...and watching other teams.

Oldtimer
03-30-2010, 12:27 PM
I'll buy it because we'll be in the final!

:flare::flare::flare::flare::flare:

Oldtimer
03-30-2010, 12:29 PM
$58 for the south end, rumoured on U-Sector.

ParadymeTFC
03-30-2010, 12:30 PM
How about if the NYRB are in the final and the ESC show up and start chanting This is our house...will you enjoy that experience?

I can understand going to an all star game...it's a non compettive exhibition, however I can't wrap my head around going to a competitive event at whats supposed to be our house...and watching other teams.

Who says you have to cheer for anybody?

If people can't enjoy watching the game if TFC isn't playing then I feel sorry them, because they have had to enjoy some terrible playing up to this point.

flatpicker
03-30-2010, 12:31 PM
$58 for the south end, rumoured on U-Sector.

That's a pretty specific rumour.

rocker
03-30-2010, 12:31 PM

Well then don't buy the tickets. Nobody is forcing you.
Nobody said you have to "cheer" on anybody. You can watch a good game of soccer, right?
But personally, I wouldn't cheer on Frankie Heyduk. I'd be booing the shit out of him.
If you don't like to cheer, do you like to boo? ;)

I went to the U-20 games World Cup games that didn't involve Canada at the "NATIONAL SOCCER STADIUM" and quite enjoyed myself.

Miko
03-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Im in.

Would you skip a Superbowl becuase your team wasn't in it?

flatpicker
03-30-2010, 12:35 PM
Would you pass on an orgy because your wife wasn't in it?

A good time is a good time... just go and enjoy yourself.

;)

Oldtimer
03-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Would you pass on a formula one race because your wife wasn't in it?

;)

ummm... not the best analogy flats.... FYP

flatpicker
03-30-2010, 12:42 PM
^ hence the wink... don't judge me! :D

Darlofletch
03-30-2010, 12:43 PM

;)

ummm... not the best analogy flats....

oh come on, that was genius. if I was the type of person who says LOL, I was roflmao-ing.

Roogsy
03-30-2010, 12:58 PM

;)

:lol:

Kevvv
03-30-2010, 01:01 PM

;)

and don't get any on you

Don Julio
03-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Price notwithstanding, maybe you don't actually like football if you wouldn't want to go to this game..

If I can enjoy watching a mid-season Stoke/Hull game I can't imagine why I wouldn't want to see Chicago vs. Seattle for the Cup.

canadian_bhoy
03-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Seattle got theirs in their season ticket pack.
When we had the all-star game, I believe there was a $20 extra charge that you could opt out of.
Would be nice to see the same sort of thing here (season seat holder special price), but I have a feeling it's not going to happen.

If it's $58 for the south end and TFC isn't in it, there may be a few empty seats.

Parkdale
03-30-2010, 01:06 PM

I'll just enjoy watching a game of (hopefully) quality football.

sometimes you can just enjoy something for what it is.
No one needs to 'cheer' on a rival team.

let's not take this thread in that direction.

Kevvv
03-30-2010, 01:08 PM
If it's $58 for the south end and TFC isn't in it, there may be a few empty seats.

If one of the teams is within driving distance, they SHOULD be able to sell out. But the supporters would also need passports, which isn't a given.

Kevvv
03-30-2010, 01:11 PM
I went to the U-20 games World Cup games that didn't involve Canada at the "NATIONAL SOCCER STADIUM" and quite enjoyed myself.

Im in.

Would you skip a Superbowl becuase your team wasn't in it?

Essactly. You don't have to like one of the teams as long as you hate one more than another :cool:

nascarguy
how much are the tickets

Parkdale
how much are the tickets

for you..... one million dollars!

olegunnar
03-30-2010, 01:12 PM
I'll just enjoy watching a game of (hopefully) quality football.

sometimes you can just enjoy something for what it is.
No one needs to 'cheer' on a rival team.

let's not take this thread in that direction.

As a season ticket holder it looks like I'll have a pre-sale op...so going to this game is a possibility.

My gut reaction is "no way in hell", however I'm mostly open to being convinced. So I posted my post, not to take a thread in a certain direction, but (and in hindsight it was probably a stupid idea considering....) in the hope someone might be able to put forward what I might consider a reasonable case for me changing my mind.

Not "if you don't go you don't like football" or "you're dumb" or "would you go to a superbowl?"

Like I said...I realized after I posted that this is probably the wrong place for a question like that which is why I decided not to reply to those posts. I am replying to yours to clear up the misconception (which I'll assume is innocent) that I have some alterior motive.

Parkdale
03-30-2010, 01:13 PM
:topic:

Will I be going to the game? Heck Yes.

why? because I'm a fan of the sport, and the chance to see a quality match at BMO, that isn't just a friendly exhibition, is a great thing.

rocker
03-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Seattle fans seemed to have no problem with the MLS Cup setup last year, even though the Sounders were not in the game. For them it seemed more about showing off their fanaticism than "cheering on" a side over another.

bones
03-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Since I haven't missed a MLS Cup Final since TFC came into the league, damn right I'll be going to this one. It won't have that same mini sports vacation feeling like going away and trying to pack in as many different sports events over the weekend as possible, but it will be good.

I think one of the issues will be planning/hosting the supports summit. Our supporters groups have a difficult time choosing a bar to watch an away game together let alone working together to host something like this.

Bones...

Parkdale
03-30-2010, 01:19 PM
I think one of the issues will be planning/hosting the supports summit. Our supporters groups have a difficult time choosing a bar to watch an away game together let alone working together to host something like this.

I don't think it will be much of an issue. People will (hopefully) put differences aside.

We should just book For Your Eyes Only in advance, you know, for the out of towners.

Parkdale
03-30-2010, 01:23 PM
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs367.snc3/23647_394284586072_685576072_4180929_8265880_n.jpg

I'm happy that the sane, reasonable, and mature side of our supporter's group is represented here.... and almo and roogsy.

;) :D

canadian_bhoy
03-30-2010, 01:23 PM
If TFC don't make it to the final, I wouldn't mind switching my tix to the east or west stands. It's the biggest soccer championship in Canada/US so will definitely be something to see.

I hope we're there, but either way I'd like to go, see who wins the cup and see actually see a team lift a championship trophy in Toronto!

Parkdale
03-30-2010, 01:25 PM
It's the biggest soccer championship in Canada/US so will definitely be something to see.

totally. and I think that more people will be following the rest of the league this year.
Instead of just knowing where TFC is, and a few team near us, I expect people will be paying
very close attention to the entire standings.

T-Bird
03-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Did anyone see CP24's Nathan Downer interview Boris outside of the ACC?!?!
Pretty awesome!!!

Ya he interviewed Connie too! Very exciting! They did a good job!

canadian_bhoy
03-30-2010, 01:28 PM
Ya he interviewed Connie too! Very exciting! They did a good job!

and me :(

Parkdale
03-30-2010, 01:31 PM
http://www.cp24.com/

^ connie on the main page.

And my motorcycle is on TV !!!!!!!

Nestease
03-30-2010, 01:38 PM
November 21st. Wonder if it will snow.

flatpicker
03-30-2010, 01:49 PM
November 21st. Wonder if it will snow.

does that worry you?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lBnK2f5dxE0/R_qFaIWH3AI/AAAAAAAAA6c/O5_1Ve2N9vk/s400/ManUsnow01.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/empics/20091229/20/604917554-soccer-barclays-premier-league-aston-villa-v-liverpool-villa-park.jpg

http://www.footballfancast.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/400x400_1262789767_spt_ai_arsenal_bolton_02-300x300.jpg

Bloor West FC
03-30-2010, 02:18 PM
http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac117/RPB_Boy/CIMG2791.jpg

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac117/RPB_Boy/CIMG2793.jpg

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac117/RPB_Boy/CIMG2786.jpg

Petor
03-30-2010, 02:24 PM

I'm wondering that too.
If season ticket holders get a first crack at tickets would the gold or red lists even get a sniff? I'm sure quite a few tickets would be reserved for the actual teams in the final, plus all the "dignitaries".
I wonder what they did last year. :)

Edit: And yes if I get a chance to buy a ticket I will go.

Bloor West FC
03-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Season ticket holders will get first crack at seats.

from mlsnet.com

"While it was confirmed that Toronto FC season ticket holders would have priority on MLS Cup tickets, the league said it will release ticket information at a later date."

Red Rat
03-30-2010, 02:32 PM
does that worry you?

nope bring it on, imagine LA against Kansas. hahahahaa
this aint Kansas Dorothy

rr

canadian_bhoy
03-30-2010, 02:38 PM
In other news - the club is now selling stink fingers

http://i42.tinypic.com/e88wh0.jpg

Fort York Redcoat
03-30-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm of the mind that unless my team is in it i have little interest in it. That said, I will buy a walk up ticket day of if it's not sold out because i wouldn't want empty seats to reflect badly on my city.

Bloor West FC
03-30-2010, 02:45 PM
I'm of the mind that unless my team is in it i have little interest in it. That said, I will buy a walk up ticket day of if it's not sold out because i wouldn't want empty seats to reflect badly on my city.

Remember in Toronto if you don't buy a ticket the scalpers will!!

ilikemusic
03-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Not all that interested in going.

I would be much more enthused if our team were giving us any reason for optimism.

Bloor West FC
03-30-2010, 02:51 PM
I have gone to an mls cup match before and had ton's of fun, if you choose not to go I will assure you your missing a great time.

tfcleeds
03-30-2010, 03:13 PM
I'd go, and just sing my heart out for my team for the whole 90 mins., and try to drown out the fans of the respective teams who are involved.

Technorgasm
03-30-2010, 03:14 PM
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3497/mlscup10.jpg

ManUtd4ever
03-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Great news for the best supporters in the MLS. I loved the All-Star game so I will probably buy tickets for the MLS Cup final as well. It also seems we have some celebrities in our midst. Good stuff!

Gazza_55
03-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Seattle got theirs in their season ticket pack.
When we had the all-star game, I believe there was a $20 extra charge that you could opt out of.
Would be nice to see the same sort of thing here (season seat holder special price), but I have a feeling it's not going to happen.

I heard that the Toronto may be one of the sites for the Man United tour so if we have to pay for that match and the MLS Cup Final when last year Seattle got Barca, Chelsea, and the MLS Cup Final included in their season ticket package ....... well that would be disappointing. I realize their stadium is bigger but at some point doesn't MLSE have to throw us a bone?

dupont
03-30-2010, 03:37 PM
I watch the MLS cup every year so I would definitely go to this game. I think I'm slowly becoming a fan of this league despite all the problems.

cementhead
03-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Been to three MLS CUPS and they where all great DC,LA, Seattle.Support form these teams welcome us with open arm and lots of beer so I would hope we would do the same for them!

tfc2007
03-30-2010, 03:47 PM
I am going because I am a fan of soccer. Who wouldnt want to go to a sporting event final? regardless of the teams involved.

Kevvv
03-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Been to three MLS CUPS and they where all great DC,LA, Seattle.Support form these teams welcome us with open arm and lots of beer so I would hope we would do the same for them!

Not sure how that will work here, other than the CarlsburgŪ Beer Garden, brought to you by SamsungŪ.

James Oliphant
03-30-2010, 05:14 PM
RooneyRPB is about to be on Global News. 2 minutes or so.

james
03-30-2010, 06:26 PM
I would go no matter what if Toronto made the finals, all tho it looks like that will never happen ( but its very early in the season so you never know). But if the tickets are very exspensive and TFC werent in the final i might sell my ticekt to someone else. If the ticket price isnt to bad then ya id go to the game even if TFC werent in the final.

trane
03-30-2010, 06:37 PM
As I have posted in other places, I do not care for the MLS Cup unless TFC is in it. BUT I feel that I have to ensure that the stadium is sold out for the good of the game, If we do not sell out there will be too much negative press.

ensco
03-30-2010, 07:00 PM
This game has to have the mother of all "Mo Must Go" tifos, if we miss the playoffs and Mo is still here, doesn't it?

Davenport
03-30-2010, 07:06 PM

Fair comment.
A bit like someone having a party at your house, but you can only watch through the window.
I'd go if TFC were in it.
If not, no way.

TFCtoMUFC
03-30-2010, 07:06 PM
This game has to have the mother of all "Mo Must Go" tifos, if we miss the playoffs and Mo is still here, doesn't it?

Exactly, if we aren't in the final and the season is a trainwreck, this would be the best time to stage a Mo Must Go moment.

torontocelt
03-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Do people think that if you are a season ticket holder then you will be guaranteed your seat if you want it?

clc12
03-30-2010, 07:50 PM
i know its a long shot but if we make the finals it would be awesome to see the entire south end singin "We built the house on lakeshore for the reds - the reds" haha.

you know mls wants us in that final. we will put that final on the map guaranteed.

Dave67
03-30-2010, 07:52 PM

I will have no problem cheering for Toronto.
If we don't make it - I'll go as a fan of the game and not a TFC supporter BUT
I will have no problem cheering for whoever plays against Kolumbus
If Kolumbus don't make it
I will have no problem cheering for whoever plays against LA
If LA don't make it
I'll just go and hope for a good game and applaud good plays on both sides.

jazzy
03-30-2010, 08:28 PM
Boris is on CP24 live now..LeDrew Live, with Paul B.

jazzy
03-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Do people think that if you are a season ticket holder then you will be guaranteed your seat if you want it?

With logistics I don't see how, every team will be allotted a certain number of tickets, maybe if tickets sales are slow. on the rebound, they would be released? ...I guess we can always hope.

flatpicker
03-30-2010, 08:39 PM

With logistics I don't see how, every team will be allotted a certain number of tickets, maybe if tickets sales are slow. on the rebound, they would be released? ...I guess we can always hope.

There are only 16,000+ season ticket holders at BMO?
So if STH purchased the option on their seats, that would still leave 5,500-ish seats available to away support for finalists.
I don't see a problem.

profit89
03-30-2010, 08:41 PM
http://www.soccerbyives.net/.a/6a00e54ef2975b883301310ffdf17a970c-320wi (http://www.soccerbyives.net/.a/6a00e54ef2975b883301310ffdf17a970c-pi)

Derko
03-30-2010, 08:42 PM

Then I guess TFC will have to peak at the right time.
Much like RSL did last year.
If TFC don't make the final I will go and watch some good Football and have a beer, hopefully in my seats.

:drinking:

Parkdale
03-30-2010, 08:43 PM

if we don't make the playoffs, I get the vibe that Mo would be gone long before the cup match comes around.

twistedchinaman
03-30-2010, 08:49 PM

;)

That is a 10 on the ROFLMAO Scale!

:smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5:

Pachuco
03-30-2010, 08:59 PM
I don't think anyone has mentioned Garcia in this thread yet so I'm just gonna go ahead and say.....

Garcia voted Yes in this poll. Even if TFC is in the final ;)

Cashcleaner
03-31-2010, 06:33 AM
As a season ticket holder it looks like I'll have a pre-sale op...so going to this game is a possibility.

My gut reaction is "no way in hell", however I'm mostly open to being convinced. So I posted my post, not to take a thread in a certain direction, but (and in hindsight it was probably a stupid idea considering....) in the hope someone might be able to put forward what I might consider a reasonable case for me changing my mind.

Not "if you don't go you don't like football" or "you're dumb" or "would you go to a superbowl?"

Like I said...I realized after I posted that this is probably the wrong place for a question like that which is why I decided not to reply to those posts. I am replying to yours to clear up the misconception (which I'll assume is innocent) that I have some alterior motive.

You know, now that you've mentioned it, it would be kinda cool to have a big crowd of Toronto fans booing both teams insistently (well, that's if Toronto isn't playing, of course).

I wonder what sorta banners could be made for that sorta match...:D

Oldtimer
03-31-2010, 07:32 AM

Awesome idea.

menefreghista
03-31-2010, 08:21 AM
Think they may have made a mistake with an 8:30pm kick off. That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I feel sorry for the players. At least the fans can bundle up.

Bloor West FC
03-31-2010, 08:26 AM
The grass has a heat system I wonder if its powerful so the players can get some heat. Hmmmm maybe we near the field will have heat as well :).

menefreghista
03-31-2010, 08:37 AM
The grass has a heat system I wonder if its powerful so the players can get some heat. Hmmmm maybe we near the field will have heat as well :).

That's highly doubtful. Especially if its as bitterly cold and windy as it could be on November nights.

Boris
03-31-2010, 08:42 AM
tickets WILL be offered to season holders first.
There will be more info coming out shortly but if i were a guessing man, they will be offered up at renewal time with next years package

menefreghista
03-31-2010, 08:45 AM
tickets WILL be offered to season holders first.
There will be more info coming out shortly but if i were a guessing man, they will be offered up at renewal time with next years package

No way, that is way too late.

They will sell them in the next few days (weeks) while there is still some positive vibes about the announcement. Imagine if our season is in the tanks and tickets go on sale in October?

Plus it allows them months to sell the game out (although we will probably sell it out in hours, that is our history).

Boris
03-31-2010, 08:46 AM

They will sell them in the next few days (weeks) while there is still some positive vibes about the announcement.

Plus it allows them months to sell the game out (although we will probably sell it out in hours, that is our history).

renewal happens aug-oct game is Nov.....
justa hunch but what do i know...

Suds
03-31-2010, 08:48 AM

They will sell them in the next few days (weeks) while there is still some positive vibes about the announcement. Imagine if our season is in the tanks and tickets go on sale in October?

Valid point. Renewals happen in September if I recall?? (not sure) So I think you might be right that they would want to put them on sale before that.

menefreghista
03-31-2010, 08:48 AM
renewal happens aug-oct game is Nov.....
justa hunch but what do i know...

Ticket sellers (sports teams and music concert people alike) love having their money in hand months in advance.

It would be unheard of to make a big announcement about an event but wait months to put it on sale.

menefreghista
03-31-2010, 08:50 AM
Valid point. Renewals happen in September if I recall?? (not sure) So I think you might be right that they would want to put them on sale before that.

Take a look at the poll. Sure this is site is a small collection of the hardcore, but if the same percentage of season seat holders buy into the MLS Cup, the organizers will be laughing.

By the way, any ideas on cost?

Kevvv
03-31-2010, 08:51 AM
Ticket sellers (sports teams and music concert people alike) love having their money in hand months in advance.

It would be unheard of to make a big announcement about an event but wait months to put it on sale.

It would also be unheard of for Boris to have some clue what the club may do.

Suds
03-31-2010, 08:53 AM

I think Boris is using MLSE's history of tying the sale of one thing to another. It would not unheard of for MLSE to "include" the MLS Cup game in another purchase.

Maybe they tie it to the purchase of playoff tickets? (If TFC does not make the playoffs that $$ get credited to your season seat purchase) - just thinking out load here.

stugautz
03-31-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm buying a pair of seats. Doesn't matter if TFC is in the game or not, this is the MLS cup, which is the pinnacle of success for our league.

I'm only a gold lister, so I'm hoping I get an opportunity to purchase at least.

ensco
03-31-2010, 11:11 AM
The much more interesting question is, what will the market bear for this game?

It's obviously a premium event but there's a real risk that you are going to see Columbus vs Chivas, in the bitter cold, late at night. Might be something I'd rather see sipping an armagnac by the fire.

Whether I take the seats or not is 100% a function of price.

Beach_Red
03-31-2010, 11:16 AM
The much more interesting question is, what will the market bear for this game?

It's obviously a premium event but there's a real risk that you are going to see Columbus vs Chivas, in the bitter cold, late at night. Might be something I'd rather see sipping an armagnac by the fire.

Whether I take the seats or not is 100% a function of price.

Wow, I'm glad I didn't read that in the "Summer of Soccer" feel good thread, it's such a disturbing image ;).

ensco
03-31-2010, 11:52 AM
Wow, I'm glad I didn't read that in the "Summer of Soccer" feel good thread, it's such a disturbing image ;).

I may go, but I guess sometimes I wonder what the people who push these things really are thinking.

For one, we don't know yet that we don't have a sod problem a la Wembley. For another, the weather, at night, omg....the risk of conditions being terrible is not small
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVzGJ_2Tu5s

For all the self-congratulatory hype around the Olympics, I could make the case that we spent a billion dollars to tell the world "don't come to BC, the weather's terrible for winter sports".

deltox
03-31-2010, 11:55 AM
to buy tickets for the MLS cup you will also have to buy Marlies tickets:)

menefreghista
03-31-2010, 11:55 AM
For one, we don't know yet that we don't have a sod problem a la Wembley. For another, the weather, at night, omg....the risk of conditions being terrible is not small

I think its highly likely the pitch at BMO Field could suffer the same problems the pitch at Stade Saputo had in its first season.

Beach_Red
03-31-2010, 12:02 PM
I may go, but I guess sometimes I wonder what the people who push these things really are thinking.

For all the self-congratulatory hype around the Olympics, I could make the case that we spent a billion dollars to tell the world "don't come to BC, the weather's terrible for winter sports".

They're looking for a Super Bowl, or even Grey Cup event. Remember, last year's Grey Cup got five million Canadian TV viewers.

This year's Grey Cup is outdoors in Edmonton a week later.

For the crowd it's the same thing, but for the players, wow.

jaahuuu
03-31-2010, 12:40 PM
I'll be there. It will be my last saturday as a free man, what better way to celebrate than watching the 2 best (in theory) soccer teams in my country's top league, and getting wasted in the process.
:drinking::drinking::drinking:

SmokedPanda
03-31-2010, 12:50 PM
to buy tickets for the MLS cup you will also have to buy Marlies tickets:)

i really see that happening

Ossington Mental Youth
03-31-2010, 03:00 PM
I THINK WE SHOULD PROTEST

just kidding, ill be going, why not, reasonable price, something to tell my kids about even if TFC doesnt make it

NewCity
03-31-2010, 03:06 PM
Did some back tracking....

reference website: http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20090910&content_id=6898124&vkey=pr_mls&fext=.jsp

For seating and pricing options or to purchase tickets to MLS Cup 2009, log onto www.ticketmaster.com (http://www.ticketmaster.com) or call Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000 for more information. Ticket prices range from $49-$20, with three different seating options fans can choose from.

Ticket Price

Sideline $45 Club $49 Endzone $20

I doubt that the tickets for the cup final will be even remotely colse to last years Seattle offerings...that's pretty sad. Supply and Demand...yada yada I know...

Mikey
03-31-2010, 07:58 PM
A cup final is a cup final, I'll be going for sure, regardless of who is playing. there's a pretty good chance I'll be booing the crap out of side more than the other.

Can you imagine three or four clownumbus supporters being allocated tickets in the middle of a TFC regulars section? ML$E needs a game plan on how to accomodate other teams supporters groups in clusters rather than spread out. I know BMO only has a small core of wanna-be hoolies, but no one wants to see them fuck this up for the club.

Theres gonna have to be some section shuffling.

TorCanSoc
03-31-2010, 08:19 PM
MLS sold lifetime rights to first crack at MLS Cup and Allstar game tickets. I think it was $500 for those rights. My guess is successful scalpers bought those rights. Though.... I would imagine only Seattle and Toronto have scalpers at MLS games. I did the google search for it, but its on the old mlsnet.com site, which did not port that file to the new mlssoccer site.

Question is how many of those "rights" have been sold... and they were selling that thing year after year in all markets. So it can't be a small number.

Super
03-31-2010, 08:39 PM
I definitely want to go to this game - regardless of who is playing. It's the championship game for our league, and what luxury that we're able to see the game live.

Boris
03-31-2010, 08:44 PM
MLS sold lifetime rights to first crack at MLS Cup and Allstar game tickets. I think it was $500 for those rights. My guess is successful scalpers bought those rights. Though.... I would imagine only Seattle and Toronto have scalpers at MLS games. I did the google search for it, but its on the old mlsnet.com site, which did not port that file to the new mlssoccer site.

Question is how many of those "rights" have been sold... and they were selling that thing year after year in all markets. So it can't be a small number.

not many at all....this will not affect sales whatsoever

TFCRegina
04-02-2010, 10:59 PM
I voted no. But only because I can't afford a trip to Brazil and the MLS Cup within 2 weeks of each other.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-03-2010, 03:29 AM
I voted no. But only because I can't afford a trip to Brazil and the MLS Cup within 2 weeks of each other.

Would TFC in the final change your mind...;)