PDA

View Full Version : Lets Send Preki A Message

auncivilized
03-30-2010, 09:35 AM
have no problems with what preki is trying to build here
but i have no doubt in my mind the reason he plays garcia has nothing to do with his currrent form but only favouritism and memories of maybe the decent player he used to be. i know its early in the season but by the home game if he is still sporting garcia we should let our voices be heard and get the message across that most of our fans dont want to see him play doesnt matter how good of friends MO, PREKI, AND GARCIA are
this is sopposedly the big league of soccer in north america so they should treat it like that, they can always play poker after work if they miss each other that badly

Ossington Mental Youth
03-30-2010, 09:38 AM
Im certain he knows how unpopular Garcia is, hes mentioned it previously, after one game im not ready to start protesting anything Preki does yet

Technorgasm
03-30-2010, 09:39 AM
can we NOT send a message. . and just go and enjoy some Football?

I mean, sure we will probably not score until game 5 or 6 but. .

these "messages" ALWAYS come off meaningless, bitchy and childish. . .

Let the management and open roads of communication continue between us and TFC through our elect4ed RPB officials. . .

Pachuco
03-30-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm going to take a guess, but I think Preki plays Garcia because:

1. His apparant leadership skills
2. Talks a good game (plays a bad one)
3. He's Preki's bitch. Yes sir kind of guy.

Obviously these are all speculation, but I can't understand how it would be anything other then that.

Nodoubtguy
03-30-2010, 09:40 AM
one game!!! come on guys, just relax....Preki has been our coach for one regular season game and were already sending messages??

Whoop
03-30-2010, 09:42 AM
http://broadcatching.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/simpsons_torch_mob.jpg

auncivilized
03-30-2010, 09:42 AM
one game!!! come on guys, just relax....Preki has been our coach for one regular season game and were already sending messages??

if he is still playing by the home game it would actually be three games
i know we need patience but if the biggest problem in a roster inst corrected how can we expect anything else to be resolved thus making it a very long season once again

Daveisonfire
03-30-2010, 09:44 AM
LOL no thanks

Nodoubtguy
03-30-2010, 09:46 AM
Could it just be that Preki believes we have nobody better to play??

DangerRed
03-30-2010, 09:47 AM
Dudes,

There's a pretty good chance that TFC will host Philly on the 15th with a winless record in its first two games. That's plenty bad, but at the same time, it can hardly be attributed to one player.

With that said, Preki recently he'll keep fielding Garcia even though people talk plenty of shit about him because "they shouldn't forget Nick won the championship."

That's really poor reasoning.

Preki should take a lesson from the good ol' boilerplate disclosure used in the financial services industry: "past results are not an indicator of future performance."

Suds
03-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Seriously??? One game in and we want to send messages? No thanks. (especially not to Preki). If you want to bitch out Mo, go for it.

Besides, for all Garcia's faults the fact we can't score has nothing to do with him.

drewski
03-30-2010, 09:54 AM
this is the problems with a lot of Toronto sports fans. one regular season game has been played (against a very good team I might add) and we're already talking about sending messages.

lets have some patience here. who knows, given their past, maybe preki can use Garcia in such a way that he's not a god awful defender anymore (just an awful one :) )

Belfast_Boy
03-30-2010, 09:56 AM
how about "Hey Preki!!!! Welcome to Toronto!"

Auzzy
03-30-2010, 09:59 AM
I don't think that Preki is the kind of guy that will bench a player (or field a player) because of some banners or some chants. More likely he would do the opposite to show he is the boss. I also think it's bizarre that Garcia is still playing, but in no way do I think Preki is going to screw his own record because he used to play with the guy or something. (Preki has obviously said "thanks but no thanks" to many of Mo's other signings, making Mo -- his other supposed buddy -- look pretty bad as a result, with the salary the team has to eat etc.)

If Garcia is playing, it's because Preki thinks it's the best option for the day. Gomez is still injured, and even if he wasn't, I didn't think the pair Nana & Gomez looked good last year either; two young guys are risky. (Obviously Garcia is always risky as well.) I'm hoping Nana & Harden could work better, with Gargan on right wing. If Preki doesn't chose that option, he will have a reason for it.

Now I'm still hoping for an experienced/fast/tall/strong CB to be added....

Suds
03-30-2010, 09:59 AM

Yeah, that's more like it!! We should be welcoming our coach to TO on his first game.

Great hijack of the thread Belfast. We'll turn this into a welcome message to Preki thread.

MrHawk
03-30-2010, 10:00 AM
Oh goodie another one of these started up.................

Why don't we just start another thread on:

1) Leaving early
2) Fire Mo
3) Get rid of Garcia
4) Formation suggestions

Suds
03-30-2010, 10:01 AM

1) Leaving early
2) Fire Mo
3) Get rid of Garcia
4) Formation suggestions

don't forget bashing the beer garden :D

Kevvv
03-30-2010, 10:01 AM
We don't win unless we score. I'm not looking to Garcia to fix that.

TFCREDNWHITE
03-30-2010, 10:02 AM
Im sure Preki knows how garbage Garcia is.... Preki has been coaching and playing at the highest levels. His no nonsense approach to coaching is refreshing.

The message you should send should be, "Welcome"

Kevvv
03-30-2010, 10:02 AM

1) Leaving early
2) Fire Mo
3) Get rid of Garcia
4) Formation suggestions

don't forget bashing the beer garden :D

6) Learn this song [you know the one]

Steve
03-30-2010, 10:05 AM
We deserve butter!

Ossington Mental Youth
03-30-2010, 10:06 AM
In fairness i honestly cant get enough of formation suggestions provided they are realistic (ie not "Brennan as a striker!" type of shit)

Belfast_Boy
03-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Yeah, that's more like it!! We should be welcoming our coach to TO on his first game.

Great hijack of the thread Belfast. We'll turn this into a welcome message to Preki thread.

it's how I roll Suds! I'm a giver!

http://rlv.zcache.com/im_a_giver_tshirt-p235482062273293927caih_400.jpg

drewski
03-30-2010, 10:07 AM

Im sure Preki knows how garbage Garcia is.... Preki has been coaching and playing at the highest levels. His no nonsense approach to coaching is refreshing.

The message you should send should be, "Welcome"

^^^^^^^^

Stouffville_RPB
03-30-2010, 10:08 AM
We had a bench of what 3 players in Columbus?
I'm pretty sure if Preki had a better CB he would play him.

Daveisonfire
03-30-2010, 10:27 AM
When I saw this thread I thought it was actually going to be a Welcome to Toronto thread...which is a great idea

denime
03-30-2010, 10:31 AM

We have a winner,no we can close this thread :hide:

jloome
03-30-2010, 10:40 AM

1) Leaving early
2) Fire Mo
3) Get rid of Garcia
4) Formation suggestions

Yeah, heaven knows we wouldn't want to suggest things that deeply impact our football club, its performance and its future. Yeesh.

MrHawk
03-30-2010, 10:44 AM
Yeah, heaven knows we wouldn't want to suggest things that deeply impact our football club, its performance and its future. Yeesh.

Yes, we have no problems with discussions on the future of TFC etc.

We just don't need some new flavour of the week, starting something new and just re-hashing the same problem.

I'm with denime - Welcome to Toronto

Dobro došli u Toronto

H Bomb
03-30-2010, 10:48 AM
My message to Preki....."Hi Preki"

MrHawk
03-30-2010, 10:49 AM
My message to Preki....."Hi Preki"

I wonder if he reads leet?

auncivilized
03-30-2010, 10:52 AM
[quote=drewski;954174]this is the problems with a lot of Toronto sports fans. one regular season game has been played (against a very good team I might add) and we're already talking about sending messages.

lets have some patience here. who knows, given their past, maybe preki can use Garcia in such a way that he's not a god awful defender anymore (just an awful one :) )[/quote

patience for what we already knew garcia was shit last season i have lots of patience just not for garcia
seems like maybe half of us are ok with preki sporting garcia
just letting you know its going to be a long season
i for one will be getting my message across even if im the only one in the whole stadium
at this point in the game having a player that awful is uneccepable

Daveisonfire
03-30-2010, 10:54 AM
I wonder if he reads leet?

H3Y Pr3K1

w3|c0m3 2 T0r0nT0

Belfast_Boy
03-30-2010, 11:07 AM
let the guy have a chance to make it his team. i'm sure he's aware of the limitations of our players. he's already started to make changes that he thinks are for the better. I'm sure he doesn't want to miss the playoffs, or take 5 or 6 games to score a goal. his rep and livelihood are based on how well the team does.
also screaming that Garcia sucks all game will only get on the nerves of everyone around you.

MrHawk
03-30-2010, 11:09 AM
let the guy have a chance to make it his team. i'm sure he's aware of the limitations of our players. he's already started to make changes that he thinks are for the better. I'm sure he doesn't want to miss the playoffs, or take 5 or 6 games to score a goal. his rep and livelihood are based on how well the team does.
also screaming that Garcia sucks all game will only get on the nerves of everyone around you.

I agree!

Just let's see what he can do first.

Beach_Red
03-30-2010, 11:13 AM
We don't win unless we score. I'm not looking to Garcia to fix that.

This.

BFin
03-30-2010, 11:14 AM
patience for what we already knew garcia was shit last season i have lots of patience just not for garcia
i for one will be getting my message across even if im the only one in the whole stadium

Perhaps, and maybe just perhaps, Preki knows more about soccer then you?

No one is happy with Garcia being on the field, but who the hell else is he going to play?

drewski
03-30-2010, 11:19 AM

this \/ \/ \/ \/