PDA

View Full Version : Was Wynne worth the move out?

deeznutz
03-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Well was it from the game we saw yesterday? And what we might see in the near future?

v00d00daddy
03-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Too early to tell but I'm glad Wynne is gone.

Even though Nana didn't play well yesterday at least he's more than a track star....

Wynne is no footballer.

deeznutz
03-28-2010, 09:34 AM
IDK man he was one fast player that could hunt you down within a second and not many teams tryed to play long ball on his side....It might be just me but I felt okay when he was on the field because of his speed....

CretanBull
03-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Wynne might do great things for another team playing in another system, but we were never going to be that team or play that system. Colorado's speed & pressure playing style suits him. Best of luck to him. LaBrocca gives us some versatility, with such a small roster that's pretty valueable.

Chevy
03-28-2010, 09:53 AM
This is the way I look at it:

In yesterday's game would you rather have had Wynne and Gala on the pitch or Garcia and Labrocca?

CretanBull
03-28-2010, 10:06 AM
^Garcia was going to play regardless - the question is would you rather see Nana on Garcia's right, or Wynne on Garcia's right. I'll take Nana at that spot (he was out best player yesterday), especially if it means adding a quality utility guy like Labrocca and frees up the cap space to sign Saric and Gargan (I expect next to nothing from them, but at least they are bodies...something that we're still short of).

ensco
03-28-2010, 10:09 AM
If Wynne gets some real coaching (which he never, ever got here)...could he make a breakthrough?

I don't know.

CretanBull
03-28-2010, 10:11 AM
US MNT has pretty good coaching...he's done shit for them.

ensco
03-28-2010, 10:20 AM
But the USMNT keep selecting him.....this has to mean something.

Yohan
03-28-2010, 10:35 AM
But the USMNT keep selecting him.....this has to mean something.
because USMNT has ZERO depth at RB

FFS Hejduk keeps getting selected and he's 35-36

drewski
03-28-2010, 10:50 AM
way to early to tell.

rocker
03-28-2010, 10:58 AM
way to early to tell.

ya, totally. 1 game says nothing.

i wanna see this Labrocca start.

azzuri4stars
03-28-2010, 12:19 PM

In yesterday's game would you rather have had Wynne and Gala on the pitch or Garcia and Labrocca?

I'd rather have Wynne and Gala.

1) Garcia sucks and is slow and can't paly the trap.
2) I wa stotally unimpressed with Larocca yesterday.

I will miss Wynne's runs up and down the wings. At least with his speed he could have joined the rush and still get back.

Pachuco
03-28-2010, 01:21 PM
ya, totally. 1 game says nothing.

i wanna see this Labrocca start.

One game says alot. I have no problems jumping to conclusions. It took me 1 game last year to figure out that Garcia was absolute garbage. I got flamed for posting a Garcia sucks thread after 1 game, and alot of those people that disagreed with me I'm sure now agree with me. So, Here is my conclusion for this year's trade after 1 game.

Labrocca is going to be a very solid player for us this year. In fact, he may make Cronin expendible who has some trade value. This kid better start next game.

Yohan
03-28-2010, 01:22 PM
I will miss Wynne's runs up and down the wings. At least with his speed he could have joined the rush and still get back.
are you going to miss Wynne being caught off position multiple times and dumb ass PKs given away?

JonO
03-28-2010, 01:25 PM
Labrocca is going to be a very solid player for us this year. In fact, he may make Cronin expendible who has some trade value. This kid better start next game.
I really like wynne, but agree with this statement. Although it was a brief appearance, I think labrocca can offer us a lot on the wing this year...

Fushida
03-28-2010, 01:27 PM

Funny because we started to really threaten the second LaBrocca came on. He tried to play one-twos with JDG and Attakora, who probably weren't on the same page... but he's the first TFC player I've seen in a while who bothered continuing his run after making a pass. Maybe you just need to learn to watch the game. Gala didn't do shit first half, too small and got muscled off most balls by Iro and O'Rourke. Perhaps you confused him with White, who was far more threatening yesterday.

As for Wynne being caught out of position, Attakora had a worrying share of those yesterday too.

rocker
03-28-2010, 03:19 PM
One game says alot. I have no problems jumping to conclusions. It took me 1 game last year to figure out that Garcia was absolute garbage. .

Actually, Garcia's first game with TFC was not bad. I remember people actually saying he was a good pickup ("better than Velez"). His problems were only seen in subsequent games.

Thus my "one game" comment. But if you want to judge players on 1 game, go ahead. Then Marvell Wynne is awesome cuz he had 1 good game with Colorado... ;)

TFCtoMUFC
03-28-2010, 03:35 PM
One game says alot. I have no problems jumping to conclusions. It took me 1 game last year to figure out that Garcia was absolute garbage. I got flamed for posting a Garcia sucks thread after 1 game, and alot of those people that disagreed with me I'm sure now agree with me. So, Here is my conclusion for this year's trade after 1 game.

Cronin was in the top 3 of our players last year, why would we trade him? Are you Mo in disguise?

Nuvinho
03-28-2010, 03:41 PM
What I don't get is people on here, not saying everyone but there are a few who have no clue who LaBrocca is. They only watch TFC games, and figure that when we trade a player who is a fan favourite for someone who they don't know, its a bad trade.

Those who have seen LaBrocca more than the just the games the Rapids have played against us, can comment on his abilities, others should wait to see him play before evaluating the trade.

Brooker
03-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Well was it from the game we saw yesterday?

a perfect question to ask when the guy we traded him for has played roughly 30 minutes.

Nuvinho
03-28-2010, 03:47 PM
How to sum up the trade.......

Over the course of a 30 game season, Marvell Wynne will lose you more points than gain you points, than Nick LaBrocca.

Jeffro
03-28-2010, 05:00 PM
What I don't get is people on here, not saying everyone but there are a few who have no clue who LaBrocca is. They only watch TFC games, and figure that when we trade a player who is a fan favourite for someone who they don't know, its a bad trade.

Those who have seen LaBrocca more than the just the games the Rapids have played against us, can comment on his abilities, others should wait to see him play before evaluating the trade.

Yeah everyone has an opinion, educated or not. Personally, I don't like to spout off about things I know nothing about, but that's just me ... Lol

deeznutz
03-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Hey flame all you want but I will pick Wynne hands down...But then agian Garcia reminds me of the famous Maple laff (Tod Gill) aka "Give-a-way Gill" But we can also back up Vitti all season long like in the past? I will save all the posts on my comp and re-post them in the near future

Roogsy
03-28-2010, 05:29 PM
If Wynne gets some real coaching (which he never, ever got here)...could he make a breakthrough?

I don't know.

That's the issue with MLS players isn't it?

They come out of college nowhere near the level they need to be. Certainly established football countries in Europe and South America develop players faster and more thoroughly than the US college system does. At 22, 23 players should almost be complete whereas in the US they come out still raw and unfinished.

Can Wynne's natural athleticness (and the man is an incredible athlete) be harnessed? Well...we simply don't know. He certainly didn't get any opportunity to progress here in Toronto. Let's hope he does in Colorado and then we will see whether he can become a true footballer. Which is sad...because at his age, that question should already be answered. But that is a fault of the system, not the player. For all we know, Wynne could have become the greatest American footballer of this generation, we simply will never know.

Blizzard
03-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Cronin was in the top 3 of our players last year, why would we trade him? Are you Mo in disguise?

... and that makes him a tradeable commodity. You have to give quality to get quality and if somebody came along with the right offer for Cronin, it might be worth making the move.

You don't trade him because you want to trade him. You trade him because you want what the other guy is offering you.

If you only trade your bad players, you're not going to get much in return.

twistedchinaman
03-28-2010, 05:43 PM

Can I have Gala and Labrocca?

Pachuco
03-28-2010, 08:10 PM

You think Cronin was top 3 players last year. I think you're wrong. Frei, Dero and Nana come to mind right away as better players. Regardless, this isn't a flame cronin thread. He's certainly a very usefull player. I just happen to think he has great trade value and if Labrocca can step in and be just as good then I don't see why we can't consider trading him for a solid striker or CB. That's a big IF of course.

Pachuco
03-28-2010, 08:12 PM
Actually, Garcia's first game with TFC was not bad. I remember people actually saying he was a good pickup ("better than Velez"). His problems were only seen in subsequent games.

Thus my "one game" comment. But if you want to judge players on 1 game, go ahead. Then Marvell Wynne is awesome cuz he had 1 good game with Colorado... ;)

Garcia's first game with TFC was bad. Most people were just so happy to see a CB that they were blinded by how slow and how clumsy he looked. His problems were only seen by you and others in subsequent games.

I'll eat my words if Harden turns out to be better, right now I don't believe it.

Waggy
03-28-2010, 08:21 PM
This thread is ridiculous. I can't believe it's even up. The trade isn't even a week old yet! Could Wynne have an outstanding year? Sure. Could Labrocca have an oustanding year? Sure. We know NOTHING. Wynne had 2 good years here, but clearly we weren't going anywhere. It's not like we have a lot of assets people want in order to try and rebuild.

The better question is if we had to part with one of Cronin, Frei or Wynne in order to actually get some players on the TFC roster, which one do you give up? Because I assure you, no MLS teams were knocking down Mo's door to ask him how they could trade young talent like Labrocca for Nick Garcia. Or even Nana. Remember, a lot of our players are valuable to us because they're Canadian. To another MLS team they're essentially worthless (Would you want an international slot used on a guy like Nana or some South American who Mo won't have heard of until he nets 20 for one of our competitors?)

Yohan
03-28-2010, 08:27 PM
This thread is ridiculous. I can't believe it's even up. The trade isn't even a week old yet! Could Wynne have an outstanding year? Sure. Could Labrocca have an oustanding year? Sure. We know NOTHING. Wynne had 2 good years here, but clearly we weren't going anywhere. It's not like we have a lot of assets people want in order to try and rebuild.

The better question is if we had to part with one of Cronin, Frei or Wynne in order to actually get some players on the TFC roster, which one do you give up? Because I assure you, no MLS teams were knocking down Mo's door to ask him how they could trade young talent like Labrocca for Nick Garcia. Or even Nana. Remember, a lot of our players are valuable to us because they're Canadian. To another MLS team they're essentially worthless (Would you want an international slot used on a guy like Nana or some South American who Mo won't have heard of until he nets 20 for one of our competitors?)
Attakora has potential to be just as good MLS defender as Jakovic and Hainault... if not he's already there

Pachuco
03-28-2010, 08:30 PM
Attakora has potential to be just as good MLS defender as Jakovic and Hainault... if not he's already there

Yeap, completely agree. I personally think he'll be better. He's potentially the captain of the future CMNT. If he was american I believe lots of teams would be knocking on Mo's door. In fact, we don't even know if they are already. Mo would obviously be an idiot to give him up at this point. There is nothing in the MLS that i would trade Nana for right now.

Yohan
03-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Yeap, completely agree. I personally think he'll be better. He's potentially the captain of the future CMNT. If he was american I believe lots of teams would be knocking on Mo's door. In fact, we don't even know if they are already. Mo would obviously be an idiot to give him up at this point. There is nothing in the MLS that i would trade Nana for right now.
you wouldn't trade Nana for Landon Donovan? or another 15 goal striker?

swan
03-28-2010, 08:43 PM

I don't know.

thats what i was thinking.. who knows

Pachuco
03-28-2010, 08:45 PM

Nope, I wouldn't. If we traded Nana for Landon then we'd be the L.A Galaxy of two years ago. What's the point in trading for a 15 goal striker when you are about to set yourself up to allow 15 goals every game?

denime
03-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Yes it was.
Wynne is a runner without a plan.If we were Track & Field Club than no,since we are soccer club, skill over speed is always better choice.

Yohan
03-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Nope, I wouldn't. If we traded Nana for Landon then we'd be the L.A Galaxy of two years ago. What's the point in trading for a 15 goal striker when you are about to set yourself up to allow 15 goals every game?
because you can find good enough defenders cheap enough in MLS. consistent 12-15 goals per season striker? those guys are worth their weight in gold

Pachuco
03-28-2010, 09:00 PM
because you can find good enough defenders cheap enough in MLS. consistent 12-15 goals per season striker? those guys are worth their weight in gold

So help MO find some good enough defenders on the cheap and then maybe I would trade nana for a top goal scorer. But that's not the current state of the team is it? If we found some good enough strikers then you could argue the opposite and say Nana shouldn't be traded. When I say I wouldn't trade Nana, it's because I have ZERO confidence that Mo can go out and sign THREE decent defenders this season. Right now we need two defenders badly. Harden and Garcia are not starters in this league. BTW - we have our consistent goal scorer in the MLS, his name is DERO.

Yohan
03-28-2010, 09:05 PM
So help MO find some good enough defenders on the cheap and then maybe I would trade nana for a top goal scorer. But that's not the current state of the team is it? If we found some good enough strikers then you could argue the opposite and say Nana shouldn't be traded. When I say I wouldn't trade Nana, it's because I have ZERO confidence that Mo can go out and sign THREE decent defenders this season. Right now we need two defenders badly. Harden and Garcia are not starters in this league. BTW - we have our consistent goal scorer in the MLS, his name is DERO.
ah well i have zero confidence in mo either but i'm just saying. there's good enough defenders out there, certainly easier to find than strikers

we'll see about DeRo. He'll get his 8 ish goals, but so far, his body language doesn't impress me this season. and you really need another 10-12 goal striker to have enough offensive punch to carry you through out the season

TFCREDNWHITE
03-28-2010, 09:37 PM
yes it was worth it.....His stock is going down....

Waggy
03-28-2010, 10:31 PM

Completely agree. But why would a US team trade a young American talent for an equivalent young Canadian one? It's inherently worse for them because it's trading a domestic roster slot for an international one.What I meant was that there are realistically only a few top pieces that we have available to use to try and improve this team substancially. Wynne was one, Frei and Cronin. The rest have value for sure, but just less than the young American players. Besides, given the fact that we value young Canadian talent higher, the asking price and what people are willing to pay for players could be very far apart, making it harder to deal, especially get a deal that really helps the club.

Dub Narcotic
03-29-2010, 12:13 AM
Wynne got good reviews playing CB (!) for Colorado.

Steve
03-29-2010, 08:37 AM
Wynne got good reviews playing CB (!) for Colorado.

After I read that I thought "holy shit, why didn't we think about that?". I mean, think about it, Wynne in the center means he doesn't get out of position in the same way (he has to stick his ground). His offensive threat wasn't, to be frank, that threatening since he could run fast but his crosses weren't the greatest, so why not stick him in the center? Put him beside a vet for organization(I know, which we still don't have) and it allows you to play a higher line because, even if a long ball is played over the top of our defense, Wynne chases him down 9 times out of 10. The more I think about it, the more interesting it becomes. I hope Colorado keep him there, I'll make a point of watching their games to see how it works out.

Of course, it could be terrible as well sometimes (he might give more penalties at CB, or just fall out of position a lot).

nascarguy
03-29-2010, 08:40 AM
I have been waiting for a team from oversea to buy him from us

Troll
03-29-2010, 08:43 AM

Is this that retarded Giambac dude that I put on my ignore list?

nascarguy
03-29-2010, 08:45 AM
I would nana suck with landon we would be better but LA will not give him up to everton why would they give him to us