PDA

View Full Version : If Preki puts Garcia On One More Time He Is Delusional

auncivilized
03-28-2010, 08:42 AM
Ive seen better defenders in house leagues
what was he thinking with that back pass, but that error didnt complety display his lack of skill and intelligence his clearence that nailed the back of our goalie(regardless of a foul or not) he had time to better control the ball or to safely get it to the side line.

Shakes McQueen
03-28-2010, 08:44 AM
Didn't require another new thread. You can't swing a cat in this forum, without hitting a thread filled with people primarily picking apart Garcia right now.

- Scott

koryo
03-28-2010, 08:45 AM
Buts... ah, puts Garcia on one more time. Check!

Spot on. Preki is killing what little credibility he has managed to build by sticking with Garcia.

Cashcleaner
03-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Garcia isn't going anywhere.

I'm sorry, but if the guy hasn't been sent packing by now, it's unlikely he'll be released in the near future? Preki and/or Mo must be keeping him around for some other reason than his skill and talent on the pitch, because frankly, there's no other good explanation. I think we're just going to have to get used to the fact that he's probably not going to get any better - and that's okay with management.

Damien
03-28-2010, 09:04 AM
I bet they've worked out some kind of agreement that until they find a replacement with half a brain he stays on...

...and when they do actually find the replacement he'll move into a coaching role.

Shakes McQueen
03-28-2010, 09:08 AM

I'm sorry, but if the guy hasn't been sent packing by now, it's unlikely he'll be released in the near future? Preki and/or Mo must be keeping him around for some other reason than his skill and talent on the pitch, because frankly, there's no other good explanation. I think we're just going to have to get used to the fact that he's probably not going to get any better - and that's okay with management.

He's on an unmoveable contract, playing a position we have absolutely no depth in. That's why I don't think he is going anywhere.

With Gargan here now, I at least hope Garcia is relegated to bench duty in the very near future.

- Scott

auncivilized
03-28-2010, 09:10 AM
why would they want him as a coach?
Whats he going to teach the younger defenders to panic when under pressure
if this club wants to rise the level they need to start sending these mickey mouse individuals packing

v00d00daddy
03-28-2010, 09:11 AM
I have another title for this thread.

If you think Garcia is the only problem with this team, you are delusional. :)

Seriously though...how does this happen?

Why do people get sucked into the herd mentality of picking one bad player and then blaming him for everything?

It's happened with Welsh....Cunnigham....Ruiz...Barrett (until Garcia game along)

This team has LOTS of holes

auncivilized
03-28-2010, 09:17 AM

Why do people get sucked into the herd mentality of picking one bad player and then blaming him for everything?

It's happened with Welsh....Cunnigham....Ruiz...Barrett (until Garcia game along)

who said anything about him being the only problem
hands down the biggest hole in our defence right now
im sure not to many people would disagree with that

Cashcleaner
03-28-2010, 09:19 AM
He's on an unmoveable contract, playing a position we have absolutely no depth in. That's why I don't think he is going anywhere.

With Gargan here now, I at least hope Garcia is relegated to bench duty in the very near future.

- Scott

Yeah, that's what I mean though. The fact that he's "locked in" with the club suggests he's here for more than his on-pitch contributions. Personally, I think this is backfiring big-time in the locker room. Garcia can't be getting a lot of respect from the guys that don't have the same sort of agreement with the club yet are showing far better results than he is.

v00d00daddy
03-28-2010, 09:31 AM
who said anything about him being the only problem
hands down the biggest hole in our defence right now
im sure not to many people would disagree with that

He is the biggest hole in our back line but I just don't understand why he was the only person singled out for a bad game yesterday.

Frei was bad too. (shitty decisions)

Nana was bad. Don't believe me...watch the game again or watch the 2nd half highlights in the game in 6 minutes. He was directly involved/responsible for two scoring chances against us. Look at where Nana was on the 2nd goal.

Sure...Garcia was shit but at least he was there behind Frei on that play. Granted..he hoofed it off of Frei's back :facepalm: and straight to GBS.

He was not good but I don't think his performance warranted a(nother)thread of it's own. That's all.

koryo
03-28-2010, 09:47 AM
He is the biggest hole in our back line but I just don't understand why he was the only person singled out for a bad game yesterday.

Frei was bad too. (shitty decisions)

Nana was bad. Don't believe me...watch the game again or watch the 2nd half highlights in the game in 6 minutes. He was directly involved/responsible for two scoring chances against us. Look at where Nana was on the 2nd goal.

Sure...Garcia was shit but at least he was there behind Frei on that play. Granted..he hoofed it off of Frei's back :facepalm: and straight to GBS.

He was not good but I don't think his performance warranted a(nother)thread of it's own. That's all.

Okay, all valid points Voodoo. Though I believe that Frei made shitty decisions because his poor back line forced him into making a decision that he shouldn't have to make.

We can say that JDG had a poor game yesterday too. Giving the ball away consistently. In fact, did anyone have a good yesterday?

I think, by-and-large, people do not believe that Garcia is the only problem this team has. However, I do believe he is made the main target because his mistakes - large and small - happen more consistently.

Hey look, it might seem unfair that he's singled-out so much on these boards and I would agree that we are being unfair. But honestly, if he didn't fuck up so much, the threads wouldn't get started.

So recap: yes, holding him solely responsible is not fair at all. You cannot argue though that he's made his bed regarding the criticism leveled against him.

twismca
03-28-2010, 10:27 AM
The back pass, completely missing the ball on clearing attempts, heading the ball THREE times right to GBS's feet, giving up a corner kick when he was near the half line?!??!?

The reason he's playing is because he was at KC with Mo and Preki - end of story...

When Barrett comes back I'd like to see Dero take a wing, Cronin at RB, Attakora at CB and Garcia dissappear off the face of the earth.

And believe me - I don't think he's the only problem with this team - he's just the only on that makes me want to break stuff while watching a game.

BTW, Frei was making those idiot runs out of his box because he has no faith in his back line (not just Nick)

ensco
03-28-2010, 10:38 AM
I think the reason Garcia is getting another chance is that they are looking for a certain kind of on field and on camera veteran leadership that Brennan/Robinson/Serioux didn't provide.

Garcia acts the part.

Having said that, note to Preki: it doesn't work if the veteran leader totally stinks.

Beach_Red
03-28-2010, 10:41 AM

That's a good question. Leaf fans have been doing it for decades, we could ask them....

DigzTFC!
03-28-2010, 10:58 AM
I can see why you say it's herd mentality but it really isn't.

He's suppose to be the leader of the backline as a CB. If you could, besides his communication skills, list the attributes that Garcia brings to the team. I'd be interested to know what qualifies him to be a starter in this league. If I am plagued with the herd mentality that your referring to, I would like to know how to see it otherwise.

In the case of Harden, he had a few errors but he corrected them himself. Whereas, when Garcia creates an error it appears other have to correct it for him or if they can't get there in time it's a goal.

Mistakes happen all the time during the course of a game, hence the phrase "caught in possession". Garcia is putting the entire team at risk with the type of mistakes he makes. Most of them result in a chance for the other team.

I mean Brunner and Iro aren't that great but they weren't passing it to us with a wide open net, giving away breakaways and backpassing it us. They had a quiet game. Do you see Garcia having a quiet game with mistakes like that?

ag futbol
03-28-2010, 11:01 AM
I agree with this. People are acting like the CB's were the only problem yesterday, not so.

Here are some other major problems I saw:

- For a team that was supposed to be all about “huge effort” we lost pretty much 80% of the 2nd balls yesterday. Hard to control the play or make noise about how great your effort was when by any tangible measure we were outworked by the other team.

- The other team has no respect for anybody going forward except for Dero. He takes a lot of flak for not busting out, but the opposition knows he’s our star player and practically the only guy we have who can make it happen by himself out there. So as a result he gets blanketed and the other players just don’t pull their weight.

- Everyone is ripping the defense for playing long-ball but the midfield was shit and couldn’t advance the ball on the ground. The forwards weren’t dangerous up top either. Considering how hard Columbus was pressing up high, there should have been space to operate. Guys weren’t getting to where they needed to be in order to keep the ground game going.
The other stuff was obvious and everybody hit on it already, so I won’t even bother.

ManUtd4ever
03-28-2010, 11:13 AM
The Garcia issue has been discussed ad nauseum. It is obvious that he has been given opportunities as a starter despite his level of ineptitude because of his previous ties to Mo and Preki. Our lack of depth at the CB position didn't help the situation going into the season opener either. I am willing to overlook the decision to start him yesterday in light of the roster situation.

However, by the time TFC is set to play New England, Gargan will be somewhat familiar with his new surroundings, Gomez should be healthy, and Cann may be added to the roster. I think we all have the right to be absolutely livid if Garcia is named a starter at any point this season unless the team is felled by significant injuries to the backline...

Alixir
03-28-2010, 11:16 AM
I think the reason Garcia is getting another chance is that they are looking for a certain kind of on field and on camera veteran leadership

Garcia acts the part.

so we have to put up with this terrible defender cause he is good infront of the cameras?
To bad he doesn't play good infront of the cameras.

Limani_Ole
03-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Cant believe how amateur Garcia is.. on the second goal with Frei hurting on the ground he tries to clear the ball down the field instead of kicking it out of play.. and we all know how his clearance worked out..

what a complete moron.. figures he is buddies with Mo

Stryker
03-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Garcia is complete pish and for as long as Preki fields him, he is too.
This team is fucked from top to bottom.

Yohan
03-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Garcia is complete pish and for as long as Preki fields him, he is too.

Preki's credibility heavily lies on whether he realizes that his chum Garcia is utter junk and cuts him, or he actually turns Garcia into a solid defender (an act of God, if there is one)

cochrdoc
03-28-2010, 12:12 PM
This team has not improved on their weaknesses from last year.Poor defence and An inconsistant scoreer up front.Garcia is good for a goal against and Jimmy B fouls in our third to give up a free kick.With all the players that have gone,I can`t believe we still have these 2 in our starting line-up.Our goals against were poor last year and we are already off to a good start.Who is going to score our first goal.We know what barrett is going to bring to the table.It is going to be along season if our defence doesn`t get better.

Pachuco
03-28-2010, 01:25 PM
Guys guys guys, I hate to be the one to break it to everyone, but we are TWO defenders away from seeing Garcia go (on the bench). I'm pretty sure Preki rates Garcia higher then Harden (as he should), therefore, if we find a CB the first one benched would probably be Harden.

I've seen Harden play at total of 90 mins (plus a few mins in preseason) but I've seen all I need to see. My prediction for this year is Harden becomes the new Velez/Garcia if he's allowed to play again. He's slow, has no composure on the ball, sloppy with his passes. This kid stands no chance in the MLS. There's a reason why he didn't make Colorado's team last year.

So, as I predicted last year Garcia was going to be shit after 1 game, this year's prediction is Harden will be just as bad if they try and make him into a starter on this team.

Fushida
03-28-2010, 01:32 PM
Guys guys guys, I hate to be the one to break it to everyone, but we are TWO defenders away from seeing Garcia go. I'm pretty sure Preki rates Garcia higher then Harden (as he should), therefore, if we find a CB the first one benched would probably be Harden.

I've seen Harden play at total of 90 mins (plus a few mins in preseason) but I've seen all I need to see. My prediction for this year is Harden becomes the new Velez/Garcia if he's allowed to play again. He's slow, has no composure on the ball, sloppy with his passes. This kid stands no chance in the MLS. There's a reason why he didn't make Colorado's team last year.

So, as I predicted last year Garcia was going to be shit after 1 game, this year's prediction is Harden will be just as bad if they try and make him into a starter on this team.

I have to agree with what you said. Harden isn't much better than Garcia in terms of using his brain in defence... only difference is he's a bit stronger in the air from what I've seen.

ensco
03-28-2010, 01:56 PM
I have to agree with what you said. Harden isn't much better than Garcia in terms of using his brain in defence... only difference is he's a bit stronger in the air from what I've seen.

Where is this coming from? We've seen him play one game, and he looked fine to me. He was running around once covering for Garcia.

ManUtd4ever
03-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Guys guys guys, I hate to be the one to break it to everyone, but we are TWO defenders away from seeing Garcia go (on the bench). I'm pretty sure Preki rates Garcia higher then Harden (as he should), therefore, if we find a CB the first one benched would probably be Harden.

Granted, Harden did not have an overly impressive debut but in fairness to him, he worked hard to compensate for his errors. I think he has the potential to be a competent CB if nothing else and is definitely an upgrade on you know who...

profit89
03-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Garcia should have been let go before Wed 5pm.. Now his contract is guaranteed. Sadly.

Fushida
03-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Where is this coming from? We've seen him play one game, and he looked fine to me. He was running around once covering for Garcia.

He's played several games in CCC.

profit89
03-28-2010, 02:40 PM
My little niece can do a better job at CB than Nick Garcia. She's 3.

Dirk Diggler
03-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Garcia should have been let go before Wed 5pm.. Now his contract is guaranteed. Sadly.

Where is this time frame coming from? After one signs a guaranteed contract, I don't think there is a single window of opportunity in which we can dump a player without having to pay the balance of his salary.

rocker
03-28-2010, 03:15 PM

his contract was apparently already guaranteed... also I've heard San Jose is paying a portion of his salary.

TFC USA
03-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Can someone help me understand Garcia's contract?

TFC John
03-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Is it possible that Garcia is just a disgruntled employee? He was a player rep for the CBA negotiations (although I don't know how involved he was). The other player rep, Wynne, was traded as soon as a deal was reached. I suspect Garcia "threw" the game because he is pissed off over something. We know Preki is not liked by the players. Maybe Garcia is trying to send a message. I find it hard to believe that he really was trying to win that game. How could anyone at that level make those kinds of mistakes? I think most of Frie's blunders were caused by him trying to play two positions to make up for what Garcia was doing.

If this sounds completely stupid to you, don't read " The Fix" by Declan Hill. His book has put these kinds of thoughts in my head. He says he can't watch professional soccer anymore because of what he knows about coruption in the game. I don't think MLS is a big enough league to make it worthwhile to fix a game for gambling proffits but a player could certainly throw a game for his own reasons. Likewise, a team (or the league head office) could buy off a referee to ensure the result they wanted. That would explain much of what we have witnessed over the years. Why let a team like Toronto win if it doesn't improve the profit margin? On the otherhand, pushing a team from a small market up the table might help them turn a profit.

Nuvinho
03-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Can someone help me understand Garcia's contract?

Before the beginning of last year he signed a 2 year guaranteed contract.

For TFC to get rid of him, they will have to buy him out. The League doesn't like to do that, since they are paying for the salary. I don't know if it will count towards the cap or not tho.

btw, this is probably what TFC/MLS is trying to do now with Gerba, but Gerba wants 100% of his contract and the league itself is probably only willing to pay a portion of it. This happened last year with Ricketts.

profit89
03-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Is it possible that Garcia is just a disgruntled employee? He was a player rep for the CBA negotiations (although I don't know how involved he was). The other player rep, Wynne, was traded as soon as a deal was reached. I suspect Garcia "threw" the game because he is pissed off over something. We know Preki is not liked by the players. Maybe Garcia is trying to send a message. I find it hard to believe that he really was trying to win that game. How could anyone at that level make those kinds of mistakes? I think most of Frie's blunders were caused by him trying to play two positions to make up for what Garcia was doing.

If this sounds completely stupid to you, don't read " The Fix" by Declan Hill. His book has put these kinds of thoughts in my head. He says he can't watch professional soccer anymore because of what he knows about coruption in the game. I don't think MLS is a big enough league to make it worthwhile to fix a game for gambling proffits but a player could certainly throw a game for his own reasons. Likewise, a team (or the league head office) could buy off a referee to ensure the result they wanted. That would explain much of what we have witnessed over the years. Why let a team like Toronto win if it doesn't improve the profit margin? On the otherhand, pushing a team from a small market up the table might help them turn a profit.

Nah.. He just stinks.

Brooker
03-28-2010, 04:41 PM
y'know what? i have an urge to spend the money and get Garcia on the back of one of my jerseys... just to see the disgust on peoples faces. it would be fun to pretend i think he's the best defender in the league.... until i get punched in the fish n chips.

jloome
03-28-2010, 05:06 PM
He's played several games in CCC.

Admittedly it was on a bad team, but he started 27 games for the Galaxy in 2007 and was the team's defender of the year.

His passing decisions are poor, other than that, he was solid.

TFC Cityboy
03-28-2010, 05:12 PM

I'll look out for that book, but, sorry...he's just shite. House league players know to kick it into touch if in any danger. He's a disgrace to the shirt.

deeznutz
03-28-2010, 05:26 PM
I get nervious each time he gets the ball...........

Blizzard
03-28-2010, 05:45 PM
his contract was apparently already guaranteed... also I've heard San Jose is paying a portion of his salary.

Ya, his contract his guaranteed and I too have heard about SJ covering some of his salary.

It doesn't mean he has to play though. I'm assuming that as our depth improves with more players being brought in, we'll see less of Garcia on the field.

Yohan
03-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Ya, his contract his guaranteed and I too have heard about SJ covering some of his salary.

It doesn't mean he has to play though. I'm assuming that as our depth improves with more players being brought in, we'll see less of Garcia on the field.
so say we all

jazzy
03-28-2010, 07:12 PM

True, but sorry my eyes can't escape the facts...whole team is overplaying trying to compensate for lack of confidence in Garcia's leadership on defense(sic)...then a backpass which scared the shit out of Frei, then the second goal completely wouldn't have happenned if he didn't panic....all we ask for is SENSIBLE performance...and if you can't contribute, THINK and do not hurt the team with poor and lazy misjudgements. And yes thats where we are, those 4 mentioned above were what? Contributers? Barrett now loves Garcia as he's been forgotten.....for now

swan
03-28-2010, 07:28 PM
i don't know why you are all freaking out about Garcia that guy is world class...

:rofl:

Waggy
03-28-2010, 07:42 PM
So, uh, I just took a look at some history:

Mo Jo played for the KC Wizards from 1996 to 2001
Nick Garcia played for the KC Wizards from 2000 to 2007
So they played together for two seasons. BUT

Preki played for the KC Wizards from 1996 to 2000, and again from 2002 to 2005

So Preki played with Mo for 5 years, and played with Garcia for 5 years.

If this was a financial institution there would be some SERIOUS questions about potential conflicts of interest here. I like Preki, I'm glad he's here. But I have some SERIOUS questions about allowing people to hire and evaluate former co-workers and presumably friends. Preki may know what Garcia is capable of having seen it first hand.... 5 years ago.

AL-MO
03-28-2010, 07:44 PM

:lol:

Amen!

rocker
03-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Garcia isn't the only problem, he's the biggest problem.

Go back and watch the game again (which I did today just make sure my senses were correct). He's like a virus in the starting 11 that infects those around him. Little things he does turn into domino effects against his teammates.

And he's gotta be the worst guy on the team for having brain cramps. Sure other players make mistakes, but rarely are they such costly, damning mistakes in the most dangerous of positions. That passback to Frei was a joke.

Whoop
03-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Has there ever been a Toronto athlete more vilified than Nick Garcia?

I mean the only guy I can think of in recent memory is Vince Carter.

I was saying when the starting lineup is announced on April 15th there is a good chance Nick Garcia could be the first player in TFC history to be booed.

Chewy Unikronik
03-29-2010, 01:37 PM
And, you'd replace him with who exactly?

MartinUtd
03-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Serioux

No wait, Preki dumped him and kept the more favourable central defender.

DangerRed
03-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Was listening to an interview with Preki, either 590 or TFC TV, and he said people are shitting on Garcia, but they "shouldn't forget that he won the championship."

That's fucking depressing.

Get ready for more giveaways and botched clearances.

McBrace
03-29-2010, 01:43 PM
If thats the reason he's playing him, God help us!

MartinUtd
03-29-2010, 01:46 PM
Was listening to an interview with Preki, either 590 or TFC TV, and he said people are shitting on Garcia, but they "shouldn't forget that he won the championship."

That's fucking depressing.

Get ready for more giveaways and botched clearances.

Oh god.. does that mean Mo Johnstone is going to be our new striker? At least until the younger and more agile Paul Dickov arrives.

Section 117
03-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Guys, we have only two healthy options at CB at the moment Garcia and Harden. Gomez is hurt and Gargan didn't get to the game in time...

This what Preki should do from now on IMO Nana and Harden in the middle Jimmy LB and Gargan at RB for the next game

Shaughno
03-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Guys, we have only two healthy options at CB at the moment Garcia and Harden. Gomez is hurt and Gargan didn't get to the game in time...

This what Preki should do from now on IMO Nana and Harden in the middle Jimmy LB and Gargan at RB for the next game

Defo agreed.

Serioux

No wait, Preki dumped him and kept the more favourable central defender.

Brutal. Maybe you should check our injured list before jumping to conclusions.

MartinUtd
03-29-2010, 01:56 PM
I heard he was hurt over the break, but I vaguely remember something about him seeing time in Houston.

Perhaps I'm misinformed, save your brutal commentary though.

Shaughno
03-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Sorry, I'm tired of people blaming Preki when he's realistically had jack shit to do with it. Besides, Serioux wasn't on a guaranteed contract making it easier to get rid of him and the fairly large salary he was carrying. This allowed us to free up some space for new players.

If it was as easy as people think to get rid of Garcia, don't you think we would have done so by now?????????

MartinUtd
03-29-2010, 01:59 PM
I'll admit he's been dealt a shit hand. But I don't see any problem with people calling him out for cutting down to the bone with no replacements lined up.

Shaughno
03-29-2010, 02:02 PM
I'll admit he's been dealt a shit hand. But I don't see any problem with people calling him out for cutting down to the bone with no replacements lined up.

...and the CBA, shitty overpaid contracts, shitty overpaid players and backroom problems stemming from early last season...

Those are all something Preki had a hand in right? Well worth cutting him down to size right?

Fuck me. At least argue something he's had a hand in, like the Wynne/LaBrocca trade. The rest is him shedding salaries to make space for hard working, cheap players.

DangerRed
03-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Also noteworthy is that Garcia now has an assist AND a goal scored for opposing teams while playing for TFC.

My wife joked Saturday that the way he's playing it looks like all the other teams pitch in together to pay his salary so he plays against us.

He's atrocious, any way you cut it. There is no head coach anywhere else in the world that would continue to field a player that continues to consistently botch plays and gather cards (and yes, I know he's clean so far but mark my words, just wait till New England).

Speaking of which, how many more yellows before Garcia actually CAN'T play a game for once?

MartinUtd
03-29-2010, 02:14 PM
...and the CBA, shitty overpaid contracts, shitty overpaid players and backroom problems stemming from early last season...

Those are all something Preki had a hand in right? Well worth cutting him down to size right?

Fuck me. At least argue something he's had a hand in, like the Wynne/LaBrocca trade. The rest is him shedding salaries to make space for hard working, cheap players.

You see what you just did there? You implied that he's only made one move that is 100% stamped with his name... but based on what? Your speculation is just as good as mine. Sure there were back room problems last year but do we know that those problems were the direct result of those departing players? Would we be having the same conversation about Robbo? If its a money issue then what made his salary that much more expandable when compared to Garcia? Sure he's another mid, but one that was consistent and would still have a starting spot.

Don't act Preki is our saviour until he actually puts a team together and does something with it. Until then he's fair game. I mean shit, he's had 5 months already.

Chewy Unikronik
03-29-2010, 02:23 PM
Geez, so now we not only shit on Garcia, but Preki as well.

The sky is indeed falling!!!

Don't act Preki is our saviour until he actually puts a team together and does something with it. Until then he's fair game. I mean shit, he's had 5 months already.

OK... Don't praise the man, as he hasn't done anything...
Yet... Vilify him, as he hasn't done anything...

Got it!

Shaughno
03-29-2010, 02:28 PM
You see what you just did there? You implied that he's only made one move that is 100% stamped with his name... but based on what? Your speculation is just as good as mine. Sure there were back room problems last year but do we know that those problems were the direct result of those departing players? Would we be having the same conversation about Robbo? If its a money issue then what made his salary that much more expandable when compared to Garcia? Sure he's another mid, but one that was consistent and would still have a starting spot.

No, I implied that there's only one deal that we KNOW has his name on it. Saric, Harden and Gargan seem to be his deals as well, but I didn't bother mentioning them.

As for the salary. GARCIA'S SALARY IS GUARANTEED.

One more time...

GARCIA'S SALARY IS GUARANTEED.

Ok, got it? Good. That should clear up why Serioux was easily moved and not Garcia, I hope.

As for Preki being fair game, IMO, he's had ONE game. Preseason means jack shit... especially when the CBA shit somewhat limited what they knew they could/couldn't do in regards to cap room.

My judgement started Saturday. Considering what he had at his disposal, I thought at 1-0 loss to Columbus wasn't ALL that bad. Especially since you know, that second goal was a giant crock of shit. We didn't play well, but we showed a few signs of promise, which is more than I saw from the corresponding match from last season.

Whoop
03-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Wow... I just wanted to know if there has been a Toronto athlete as hated as Nick Garcia in recent memory.

The only guy I could think of is Vince Carter.

I think Garcia is more hated than Carter. :D

Shaughno
03-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Wow... I just wanted to know if there has been a Toronto athlete as hated as Nick Garcia in recent memory.

Vince Carter actually helped his team at one point.... LOL

pekduck
03-29-2010, 02:33 PM

so are you saying the T-shirt saying F.U.N.G is in the making?

Shaughno
03-29-2010, 02:34 PM
FUNGUS?

Fuck U Nick Garcia U Suck

Whoop
03-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Well, you do know where they grow fungus? LOL

MartinUtd
03-29-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm not a fan of the personnel moves (both in and out) during what we can call the Preki era. I'll admit maybe I'm being a little too pessimistic but if you can't look at the team with a critical eye then we'll be leafs nation all over again.

And so what if Garcia's salary is guaranteed? It's obvious that that has minimal bearing on a players role with the team. A lot of people are calling for Garcia to be benched.. well that would be wasting a lot of cap space now wouldn't it?

Shaughno
03-29-2010, 02:40 PM
Ok, let's go through this again. Bench Garcia Saturday... and who would have started?

Gargan literally JUST arrived. Gomez is out injured. Cann is supposedly close to signing. Zamperini signed in Italy supposedly.

So, where is this mysterious CB coming from?

and for what it's worth. I'm all for being critical of your team, no matter how well they are playing. Calling for your NEW coach's head after ONE not so terrible performance... BRUTAL.

Whoop
03-29-2010, 02:41 PM
We'll see where Garcia stands come April 10th.

trane
03-29-2010, 02:42 PM
^ I just do not understand why they did not sign Zamperini? He looked good from what I saw. I wonder if it was money, or he was realy not interested in signing here.

McBrace
03-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Ok, let's go through this again. Bench Garcia Saturday... and who would have started?

Gargan literally JUST arrived. Gomez is out injured. Cann is supposedly close to signing. Zamperini signed in Italy supposedly.

and for what it's worth. I'm all for being critical of your team, no matter how well they are playing. Calling for your NEW coach's head after ONE not so terrible performance... BRUTAL.

Didn't you get the email?? Your first pro Start..Congrats man!

Shaughno
03-29-2010, 02:45 PM
Didn't you get the email?? Your first pro Start..Congrats man!

My BlackBerry has been a little slow today... plus, I couldn't understand the email. Must be that Preki types like he speaks... in Serblish. :rofl:

Don't worry Preki, I wouldn't let you down!

MartinUtd
03-29-2010, 02:48 PM

Okay we had Garcia for the first game, it didn't work out.. if we still have a shortage come New England then play 3 at the back. ANYTHING is better than Garcia.

And I didn't "call for his head." Why does it have to bee one extreme or the other? I'm just saying that its fair to be critical.

McBrace
03-29-2010, 02:49 PM
I know you can run faster, can clear a simple ball and would never lay a softie back to the keeper.. So, how much worse can it get?

Shaughno
03-29-2010, 02:51 PM
Okay we had Garcia for the first game, it didn't work out.. if we still have a shortage come New England then play 3 at the back. ANYTHING is better than Garcia.

And I didn't "call for his head." Why does it have to bee one extreme or the other? I'm just saying that its fair to be critical.

That comment was directed at those who DID. Many people have already basically dismissed Preki from having any coaching talent because of the result and playing Garcia. Which makes me laugh because if anyone been following the preseason it should be pretty obvious that he was going into the game hoping only for a good performance and looking to build up on it.

Shaughno
03-29-2010, 02:51 PM
I know you can run faster, can clear a simple ball and would never lay a softie back to the keeper.. So, how much worse can it get?

Fuck, at least if I'm going to fuck up... I'm getting sent off! That Lenhart cunt wouldn't have left the pitch on his own two feet Saturday!!!!

MartinUtd
03-29-2010, 02:58 PM
I can see where the frustration is coming from then. In all honesty this is the first time I've sounded off on the issue but I can see how it looks like another bitch rant among a long line of complaints.

ManUtd4ever
03-29-2010, 03:03 PM
Seriously though, how can Nana and Garcia play on the same backline? The disparity in quality is nothing short of astounding. I don't hate Garcia, he is just completely out of his element at this stage of his career and milking the last big payday. Once his contract is up he will be lucky to catch on with a NASL club...

Chewy Unikronik
03-29-2010, 05:37 PM
Seriously though, how can Nana and Garcia play on the same backline? The disparity in quality is nothing short of astounding. I don't hate Garcia, he is just completely out of his element at this stage of his career and milking the last big payday. Once his contract is up he will be lucky to catch on with a NASL club...
Why? Because the NASL is inferior to the MLS?

Alixir
03-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Fuck, at least if I'm going to fuck up... I'm getting sent off! That Lenhart cunt wouldn't have left the pitch on his own two feet Saturday!!!! I am glad to see there is someone who wants to kick Lenhart in the face as badly as I do.

felipe
03-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Well at least I'm not the only one who thought he wasn't all that bad. At least he was giving the gears to several Crew when the ref wasn't watching. I didn't think the team was all that bad either - at least there was some semblance of shape out there. Give them a few games - its not the players fault the team is being built a day before the season starts...

jloome
03-29-2010, 10:21 PM

Absolutely.

jloome
03-29-2010, 10:23 PM
^ I just do not understand why they did not sign Zamperini? He looked good from what I saw. I wonder if it was money, or he was realy not interested in signing here.

More inconsistent than Garcia. Seriously.

Great tackler, good marker, very poor decisions.

Pachuco
03-30-2010, 07:36 AM

A couple of things. Gerbas guaranteed salary doesn't stop preki from sending him home. Garcia is not playing because he's guaranteed. He's playing cause preki rates him for some reason.

Wynne flew in to Colorado and was jet lagged. Played out of position and had a phenomenal game. There was no reason he couldn't atleast try gargan once Garcia started fucking up. He could also have moved Cronin to rb and played nana at cb where he's best. There were options.

fetajr
03-30-2010, 08:44 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0d/Nick_Garcia_2009.jpg

auncivilized
03-30-2010, 09:20 AM

FIRE PREKI I HIRE YOU TO BE NEW HEAD COACH
we would be better off with one cb then garcia on the field
i cant believe i just wrote that but i did and it makes complete sense to me

auncivilized
03-30-2010, 09:32 AM
i have no problems with what preki is trying to build here
but i have no doubt in my mind the reason he plays garcia has nothing to do with his currrent form but only favouritism and memories of maybe the decent player he used to be. i know its early in the season but by the home game if he is still sporting garcia we should let our voices be heard and get the message across that most of our fans dont want to see him play doesnt matter how good of friends MO, PREKI, AND GARCIA are
this is sopposedly the big league of soccer in north america so they should treat it like that, they can always play poker after work if they miss each other that badly

maninb
03-30-2010, 01:43 PM

I agree...Garcia is MO's MAN IN THE LOCKER ROOM....which is why many on the team, from what I know DeRo, DeGuz, and Nana, despise the guy...Apparently he was ratting guys out to Mo all last year...I'm sure Preki could dump him, if push came to shove, but Mo definitely has Garcia's back....

K1nG
03-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Fuck U Nick Garcia U Suck

FUNGUS SHIRTS! $5.00

All proceeds go to RPB charity of Boris' choice.

James17930
03-30-2010, 10:33 PM
So maybe we needed Garcia that one game. He more than adequetely proved he's useless.

So now we for for absolute sure that Nana and someone else would be better at CB, or else we play 3-5-2.

twismca
03-30-2010, 11:00 PM
I would be shocked if Garcia doesn't start again. There are ALWAYS other options. Cronin's played RB, LaBrocca's played RB, hell even Gala's played RB for us and Preki seems to rate him.
Attakora should be in the middle and Garcia should get the hell off the pitch.

I can't wait til the home opener when they announce "On defense, #4, Nick..." and the crowd boos worse than even the Crew or Red Bulls have ever heard.

Beach_Red
03-31-2010, 07:31 AM
I would be shocked if Garcia doesn't start again. There are ALWAYS other options. Cronin's played RB, LaBrocca's played RB, hell even Gala's played RB for us and Preki seems to rate him.
Attakora should be in the middle and Garcia should get the hell off the pitch.

I can't wait til the home opener when they announce "On defense, #4, Nick..." and the crowd boos worse than even the Crew or Red Bulls have ever heard.

While holding up, "All For One" banners?

twismca
03-31-2010, 01:16 PM
screw that, maybe the banners should read "All BUT One"

Alixir
03-31-2010, 05:55 PM
:smilielol5:

Beach_Red
03-31-2010, 06:58 PM

"All For Some"