KC just beat DC United 4-0

Anybody watch it?

Jitter
03-27-2010, 10:04 PM
lol yes Mods, that is a better title than my original
Sorry about that

rocker
03-27-2010, 10:05 PM
was Julius James on defense, by any chance?

Roogsy
03-27-2010, 10:08 PM
DC has been struggling for a couple of years now. They seem to be having difficulty adapting themselves to a progressing and expanding league. They (along with TFC) are being pegged by analysts to struggle this year and probably finish outside the playoffs.

I don't know what it says about KC. Is it one bad team beating another bad team or has KC put a competent team on the pitch this year?

Jitter
03-27-2010, 10:11 PM
SBI tweeted earlier that KC has a pretty much brand new team and they would either turn out really well or really crap...

Tonight's result points to the latter but it's a long season so who knows I guess

Pachuco
03-27-2010, 11:50 PM
I just finished watching the game. KC looked very good, very organized. Some really nice passing that went on in that game. I'm thinking David Arnaud is set to have an MVP caliber season.

DC looks shit. On a good note, we are not the last place team after today thanks to how horrible DC played.

Keystone FC
03-28-2010, 12:24 AM
KC looks to be the dark horse for not only making the playoffs but actually making a run to a Conference title this season. They totally revamped their team and made some very shrewd but necessary additions. DCU is a club in flux but still a 4-0 drumming is nothing to sniff at. The CCL Supporter Shield Crew could only manage 2 against us that is still in preseason form with what....19 guys on the roster?
If there is a club to watch with interest, outside of TFC, then KC is your best bet.

CretanBull
03-28-2010, 03:59 AM
Did the Indian guy play, if so how well did he do?

TorCanSoc
03-28-2010, 09:38 AM
Cretan: That was my question when I tuned in late second half. First Indian brother to play MLS. I had to watch! There was a guy in midfield leftside, played awesome. Great skills. I was impressed. Turned out to be Roger Espinoza. Good player Espinoza. :) I didn't see Chhetri play.

In any case just like it was our "only one game" excuse. The same thing can be said about KC. If KC playes the next game and they crush someone 3-0, then maybe they can start talking about a solid team. But even then its premature.

I like the blue strip that K.C. has.

drexel10
03-28-2010, 09:46 AM
KC had some guy in yellow shoes (Ryan Johnson) on the left side that was the man of the match. I believe he is from London, England. How did they get a player like that???

Yohan
03-28-2010, 09:50 AM
KC had some guy in yellow shoes (Ryan Johnson) on the left side that was the man of the match. I believe he is from London, England. How did they get a player like that???
Ryan Smith. Former Arsenal youth academy player...

Ryan Johnson is Jaimaican striker for San Jose