Gala = 3
Cronin = 5
DeGuzman = 5
Saric = 5
White = 4
DeRosario = 6
LeBrocca = 5
Sayang = 3

Horrid game, I hope every game is not like this. If they wanted frei to come out often they should of being playing further back, but that goal was Frei's fault.

[NBF]
03-27-2010, 05:07 PM
merge threads

TFC USA
03-27-2010, 05:08 PM
How can you give Garcia a 4?

Give him a -55.

Redcoe15
03-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Just what I expected. Garcia is shit. Not even smacking around Big Bird makes up for his shit play. Preki better sit his ass down or any respect I have for him will evapourate.

Carts
03-27-2010, 05:09 PM
;950628']

If they wanted frei to come out often they should of being playing further back, but that goal was Frei's fault.

Same problems from last season with Frei, he can stop a shot in close (which God knows we need with this backline) but makes extremely stupid decisions that lead to chances when not needed...

Frei lacks "control". If he can get his head staright and make the right decision to attack the ball, even 70% of the time, he'd be a much stronger keeper...

On the flip side, I can't blame him for not trusting our backline, and therefor challenging for balls he has no business challenging - as they're terrible...

Carts...

boban
03-27-2010, 05:10 PM
Just what I expected. Garcia is shit. Not even smacking around Big Bird makes up for his shit play. Preki better sit his ass down or any respect I have for him will evapourate.
Yup, that's right. he's worried what you think of him.

dag
03-27-2010, 05:11 PM
That photograph is all too appropriate. A terrible game, but no one should be surprised. The back four are a mess; we were controlled by Columbus; the strikers had too few opportunities. The roster is completely lacking in talent, our off-season transactions were, on balance, to our detriment. Looking forward, can we expect to score against New England, and to at least salvage a point?

Banjax
03-27-2010, 05:13 PM
All we are saying is give us a back 4......

Shakes McQueen
03-27-2010, 05:14 PM
The supporters groups need to work together, and make it our mission to get Mo fired as soon as possible. Seriously.

He should have been fired for the sins of the past three years, let alone the salary cap debacle this team is now, or his inability to get us a competent central defender or striker yet again.

This is it. The SG's need to make their opinions known, as loudly as possible. It needs to happen ASAP, so the next guy can have as much time as humanly possible to start clearing out the rot.

He should be ashamed of himself, giving Preki such a crap, lopsided roster to work with.

- Scott

TFC USA
Nick Garcia is to defending as Taco Bell is to people.

They're guaranteed to make you throw a shit fit.

prizby
;950628']http://blog.timesunion.com/tablehopping/files/2007/06/bag-over-head.jpg

Well Here's my player ratings to start:

Frei = 3
Attakora = 5
Brennan = 5
Harden = 4
Garcia = 4
Gala = 3
Cronin = 5
DeGuzman = 5
Saric = 5
White = 4
DeRosario = 6
LeBrocca = 5
Sayang = 3

Horrid game, I hope every game is not like this. If they wanted frei to come out often they should of being playing further back, but that goal was Frei's fault.

you give garcia a better rating than gala???

anywaz

i am absolutely furious...columbus again showed they were the dirt of the dirt in this game

SORRY BUT B4 WE GO BLAMING PLAYERS, I JUST WANT TO POINT AGAIN THAT WE HAVE SEEN ANOTHER TOTALLY BIAS PIECE OF SHIT REFEREE WITH NO CONCEPT OF THE RULES OR CALLING SHIT BOTH WAYS!

THAT 2 FOOTED TACKLE = RED CARD

IF YOUR GOING TO TELL A PLAYER TO GET UP AFTER DIVING, GIVE THEM A YELLOW

IF YOU SEE A GOALIE ROLLED OVER HOLDING HIS NUTS, ITS PROBABLY BECAUSE HE GOT STOMPED ON BY A DIRTY "PLAYER"

HOW MANY WARNINGS DO YOU GIVE A GOALIE ABOUT TIME WASTING - PATHETIC

all in an all...i just want to know what happened with that flare incident and the possible implications now...

Lennon
I'm surprised with most people's reaction to this game ... we played a lot better then I thought we would. 10x better then those preseason games ... especially in the 2nd half

Jeff s
There was some over exaggeration on the overall performance in the other thread. Other than the CB's the rest played well imo. We kept the ball at times, did provide dangerous chances (which I can't even recall doing in previous seasons in Columbus).

I don't know if Gargan is good or not, but if we put him on RB and move Nana to replace Garcia, we could be a lot more solid.

Attakor was out of position to much today.

Btw I am a little confused as to why Gala started at the right, and Cronin started on the left. Shouldn't it be the opposite?

I thought Brennan had a really good game.

Damien
Columbus controlled the game and maintained possession for the most part.
TFC showed a few odd flashes of brilliance but the was no finish (big surprise).

I_AM_CANADIAN
03-27-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm not a big fan of kneejerk reactions, but after THAT shit, they had better give us a damn good showing before they return to BMO, and if not, I'm all in favour of a huge 'sack Mo' banner.

Canadian Blue
Garcia's clearance was brutal on the 2nd goal......at least in the post game interview he admitted he did a shitty job at his clearance. Regardless, so far my prediction of no wins this season is right on track

TheKing7
TBH, Dero was awful in the first half and it was like playing with 10 men... he did play better as the game progressed...

Regarding the second goal... sure Frei gets fouled, but as a goalkeeper anything outside of the box is fair and knowing that - Frei should put himself 150% through his man on the tackle... just as the columbus attacker did... and to make matters worse, the ball falls to Garcia who botched his clearance off Frei's back...onto the foot of GBS..

Stryker
If Garcia starts next week Im cancelling my GolTV and not looking at this team again till next season.
play a fuckin 3-5-2 over Garcia!

Jeff s
03-27-2010, 05:16 PM
Btw whats some of your opinions on the Handball in the Columbus box? Was that the right call?

sully
Frei knows what we know. Garcia is shit so he's playing centre Bach too

Lennon
TFC showed a few odd flashes of brilliance but the was no finish (big surprise).

Really? We probly had like 60%+ of the ball in the 2nd half ...

torontocelt
The thing about the Garcia clearance is he had a lot of time to actually put his foot on the ball, control it and pass it or punt it. The columbus player actually thinks the ref will call a foul so he is walking in the opposite direction to Garcia and the ball. That doesn't matter to Garcia though who despite having a entire pitch in front of him he panics and blasts it off of the keepers back, what an idiot.

Nuvinho
for the first time I am not that upset about a loss. I guess my expectation was so low that us losing by 2-0 I considered to be not a bad game.

Some observations:
- Frei is coming out more, because he doesn't trust his defense...that has to change....or Frei will get hurt (similiar to the 2nd goal)
- Harden played well early on, but then got a case of the Garcia's and started to play like him
- Garcia was horrible, hopefully Preki can see that finally!!!
- JDG was asking for the ball to much, which kinda took the other players out of the game (Cronin). On a few occassions when Cronin was in posession and trying to move up the pitch, JDG called for the ball
- the front 2 got better as the game progressed. OBW looks much better than he did in pre-season.

ag futbol
I just found it extremely ironic that one of the only players we had linking play going forward (Gala) was subbed on 60 minutes.

Saric works hard. raw, raw raw. He made numerous bad passes, wasn't dangerous taking on the man, and overall is nothing but average.

If this is the kind of guy we're pulling for, we might as well fold up shop right now. Working hard when your 30% as effective as your opposition is a formula for failure.

DigzTFC!
03-27-2010, 05:17 PM
Garcia was that bad. A back pass that almost went for a breakaway, not clearing the ball out of bounds on the second goal, pinching up into the midfield and leaving the fullbacks with a 30 yard sprint to catch his mark.

Here is the positive:
- LaBrocca looks like a tidy player on the wing.
- Our team defense wasn't bad positionally
- Nana and Brennan looked very comfortable.
- Harden got better but needs to get up to the speed of play.
- O'Brian White got better when he used his size to shield the ball
- Both DeRo & De Guzman looked better when they were deeper in the midfield
- Saric looked alright.
- We all competed hard right to the end even after we were down 2-0.

:scarf:

TFC USA
Frei is like Tim Howard on the USMNT.

The defense is so fucking terrible that they'll make risky decisions and take matters into their own hands. Some times it works, other times it doesn't.

tfctoffee

SORRY BUT B4 WE GO BLAMING PLAYERS, I JUST WANT TO POINT AGAIN THAT WE HAVE SEEN ANOTHER TOTALLY BIAS PIECE OF SHIT REFEREE WITH NO CONCEPT OF THE RULES OR CALLING SHIT BOTH WAYS!

IF YOU SEE A GOALIE ROLLED OVER HOLDING HIS NUTS, ITS PROBABLY BECAUSE HE GOT STOMPED ON BY A DIRTY IRISH-AMERICAN

all in an all...i just want to know what happened with that flare incident and the possible implications now...

WE CAN'T HEAR YOU, COULD YOU PLEASE SPEAK UP?!

hrvat87
how come DANNY DICHIO wasnt on the bench with the rest of the coaching staff

tfc_manu
The only positvie is that we dont play for 2 weeks...time to sit garcia harden and insert jason devos and frei in the middle and the new goalie in

ag futbol
03-27-2010, 05:18 PM

Stat box had it 45 - 55 in favor of columbus at half.

The first 10 minutes were ok. We had nothing going forward however. about 25 minutes in Columbus started pressuring up top and we looked useless.

DigzTFC!
Also, its becoming pretty clear that our offense improves significantly with good wingers. Excited to see what Peterson can do

kaos197O
;950628']
Well Here's my player ratings to start:

Frei = 3
Attakora = 5
Brennan = 5
Harden = 4
Garcia = 4
Gala = 3
Cronin = 5
DeGuzman = 5
Saric = 5
White = 4
DeRosario = 6
LeBrocca = 5
Sayang = 3

Extremely harsh!
We saw ball control-never seen before by Toronto fans!
We saw organization- not 11 guys running around aimlessly!
We saw teamwork- minus OBW who should have passed to wide open players twice instead of trying to make up for his brutal coverage on set plays and minus Garcia who was out of position constantly and making his usual F-ups. Aside from that it really felt All For One for a change

Preki interview.....

ManUtd4ever
I thought that with the exception of Garcia TFC played better than expected, controlled most of the play in the second half, and could have easily came away with a draw today with better finishing.

The Good: TFC created more offensive opportunities today than in all of the preseason matches combined and seemed to get more cohesive as the match wore on.

The Bad: White, DeRo, and JDG couldn't capitalize on their chances. Harden had a couple of brain cramps but to his credit he fought hard to make up for his mistakes.

The Ugly: GARCIA. Plain and simple. He is by far the biggest liability to ever play for the Reds in franchise history. What's it going to take to get this piece of shit out of town?!

Banjax
Think i should get that Coldplay chant back in action we are probably going to need it alot. Hopefully we play better next game and have Gargan to play might as well put him in over Garcia can't do much worse.

kuku
03-27-2010, 05:19 PM
I thought they played well. They passed the ball ok and defensively they were ok. Nick garcia has to go though. He was terrible. I'm guessing that there is a new rule that alows studs up tackling in MLS.

Sab0tage
03-27-2010, 05:19 PM
I'll be rocking a paper bag over my head with "MO OUT" on it at the home opener.

ag futbol
03-27-2010, 05:20 PM
Oh god, John Carver redeux

drewski
I thought that with the exception of Garcia TFC played better than expected, controlled most of the play in the second half, and could have easily came away with a draw today with better finishing.

The Good: TFC created more offensive opportunties today than in all of the preseason matches combined and seemed to get more cohesive as the match wore on.

The Bad: White, DeRo, and JDG couldn't capitalize on their chances. Harden had a couple of brain cramps but to his credit he fought hard to make up for his mistakes.

The Ugly: GARCIA. Plain and simple. He is by far the biggest liability to ever play for the Reds in franchise history. What's it going to take to get this piece of shit out of town?!

^^^^
This

Lennon

The first 10 minutes were ok. We had nothing going forward however. about 25 minutes in Columbus started pressuring up top and we looked useless.

I was talking about the 2nd half ...

billyfly
kaput finished, done for. — G. kaputt broken, done for — F. capot (faire c. ‘capsize’ or ‘beat at cards by taking all the tricks’), of uncert. orig.

I_AM_CANADIAN
03-27-2010, 05:21 PM
The first half was brutal, the 2nd was a little better, but it could have been 5-0 for the KKKrew.

[NBF]

anywaz

i am absolutely furious...columbus again showed they were the dirt of the dirt in this game

IF YOU SEE A GOALIE ROLLED OVER HOLDING HIS NUTS, ITS PROBABLY BECAUSE HE GOT STOMPED ON BY A DIRTY IRISH-AMERICAN

http://images.buddytv.com/articles/Image/LOST/smoke.jpg
Some TFC ninjas in the stand were making their grand exit:flare:

TFC USA
Extremely harsh!
We saw ball control-never seen before by Toronto fans!
We saw organization- not 11 guys running around aimlessly!
We saw teamwork- minus OBW who should have passed to wide open players twice instead of trying to make up for his brutal coverage on set plays and minus Garcia who was out of position constantly and making his usual F-ups. Aside from that it really felt All For One for a change

Yeah I disagree with 99% of what you just said.

Damien

Agreed. And thanks for the stat... i knew they had more possession.

Sab0tage
03-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Gotta love the USA USA chants the KKKrew started. I also enjoyed there "WE WANT 2" chant that went on for a couple of minutes. I really didn't hear them all game though.

I'd also like to know what happened after the game with the flares and that and if any of Frodo's crew tried to get into our area.

Canadian Blue
03-27-2010, 05:23 PM
What is up with the travelling fans setting of a flare after the Crew had there 2nd goal? Is a flare not for celbrating or at least creating an atmosphere amongst joyous fans? And whoever was the retard that put the flare on the awning thus causing damage to the stadium is a douchebag and I hope he gets dealt with. On the other had though Jason Devos is also a douchebag for continuing to comment about it, he commentates on TFC games he is not non-partisan therefore he should not be pointing out the negative actions of our fans

tfc_manu
03-27-2010, 05:24 PM
The only thing that look impressive were the new kits...

Nuvinho
03-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Everyone starts out with a 5 (average):

Frei = 5 (didn't do well at all.....the 2 big stops he made was shot right at him)
Attakora = 6 (played well, but Rogers torched him a few times....I think Nana was too worried about covering the middle for Garcia)
Brennan = 6 (didn't notice him too much...a good thing?)
Harden = 5 (great blocks, but 2 or 3 Garcia type plays)
Garcia = 3 (Nicky being Nicky again
Gala = 4 (didn't make an impact, still not ready for fulltime game action)
Cronin = 5 (invisible at times, but that was due to JDG calling for the ball all the time)
DeGuzman = 4 (I think he played okay, but not up to DP standard - took others out of the game. Got much better when LaBrocca came in the game)
Saric = 5 (tough player, one nice shot)
White = 6 (I didn't know he could shoot that hard, and he looks faster than he did in preseason)
DeRosario = 6 (created some chances, one bonehead play by letting the ball go out which turned out to be a goalkick)
LeBrocca = 6 (I loved that backheel to Nana which lead to a chance)
Sayang = 5 (not much to say about him)

Vince Whirlwind
03-27-2010, 05:27 PM
Why wasn't Dichio there?

oh you know..."the travelling is hard on him."

I couldn't tell if he was there or not.

Someone explain to me why this team never makes progress? For every step forward, there seems to be two back.

Of all the multitudes of strikers there are in the world - Johnson couldn't find one and sign him during the (lengthy) off-season? What does he do with his time?

gtaguy
03-27-2010, 05:28 PM
That photograph is all too appropriate. A terrible game, but no one should be surprised. The back four are a mess; we were controlled by Columbus; the strikers had too few opportunities. The roster is completely lacking in talent, our off-season transactions were, on balance, to our detriment. Looking forward, can we expect to score against New England, and to at least salvage a point?

Dag seriously in what world are you living in.. This club has not scored a goal since last year .. What make you think were going to salvage a point of New England.. Sorry i don't mean to disrepect but your awfullly upbeat. We have no goal scorers.. WE have a weak midfield and as for defence were fucked with garcia .

kaos197O
03-27-2010, 05:28 PM
Yeah I disagree with 99% of what you just said.
When have you see ball control in the midfield by this club in the last 3 seasons? When have you seen this club string together more than 3 passes at any given time......that actually connected? When have you seen this club play 90 minutes without giving up consistently? (granting you that this is just one game thus far) ANYWAYS......

We are improved IMO over last season and will continue to do so!

DigzTFC!
03-27-2010, 05:29 PM
Rogers was Nana's bitch the entire game...Just because he receives a pass doesn't mean he got torched.

olegunnar
And whoever was the retard that put the flare on the awning thus causing damage to the stadium is a douchebag and I hope he gets dealt with.

People who know what they're doing just drop them on the ground when they're done. Just like smoke. They burn out...and are ready for the trash bin.

The problems start when people shit their pants and freak out at the sight of pyro...OMG OMG I want my mommy!!!! then they do stupid stuff like pick them up and throw them, or kick them off the stand onto the pitch. Kind of like the drunks with the adidas scarves that were posing for pics at the end of the telecast.

TFC USA
On any given day any team can spring a surprise.

We can salvage a point against New England.

TFC USA
03-27-2010, 05:31 PM
When have you see ball control in the midfield by this club in the last 3 seasons? When have you seen this club string together more than 3 passes at any given time......that actually connected? When have you seen this club play 90 minutes without giving up consistently? (granting you that this is just one game thus far) ANYWAYS......

We are improved IMO over last season and will continue to do so!

Ball control is fucking useless when you don't set up scoring chances. We only had 4-5 all game.

Meanwhile we had average ball control mixed in with a shit ton of giveaways in midfield and then Garcia backpassing in his own half to a near goal.

tfc2008

And how was the end 2-0

gtaguy
Everyone starts out with a 5 (average):

Frei = 5 (didn't do well at all.....the 2 big stops he made was shot right at him)
Attakora = 6 (played well, but Rogers torched him a few times....I think Nana was too worried about covering the middle for Garcia)
Brennan = 6 (didn't notice him too much...a good thing?)
Harden = 5 (great blocks, but 2 or 3 Garcia type plays)
Garcia = 3 (Nicky being Nicky again
Gala = 4 (didn't make an impact, still not ready for fulltime game action)
Cronin = 5 (invisible at times, but that was due to JDG calling for the ball all the time)
DeGuzman = 4 (I think he played okay, but not up to DP standard - took others out of the game. Got much better when LaBrocca came in the game)
Saric = 5 (tough player, one nice shot)
White = 6 (I didn't know he could shoot that hard, and he looks faster than he did in preseason)
DeRosario = 6 (created some chances, one bonehead play by letting the ball go out which turned out to be a goalkick)
LeBrocca = 6 (I loved that backheel to Nana which lead to a chance)
Sayang = 5 (not much to say about him)

yes that about what i would score the lot of them..

DowntownTO
03-27-2010, 05:32 PM
2nd goal was Frei's fault. He chose to stay down instead of his instincts and adrenaline taking over to protect the net. Horrible choice.
Should've been a 5-0 game. Can't believe how many balls were passed to Frei.. especially that beautiful through ball making it a 3 on Frei. Columbus blows, but we're worse. lol

Jeff s
03-27-2010, 05:32 PM
Dag seriously in what world are you living in.. This club has not scored a goal since last year .. What make you think were going to salvage a point of New England.. Sorry i don't mean to disrepect but your awfullly upbeat. We have no goal scorers.. WE have a weak midfield and as for defence were fucked with garcia .
NE are a lot weaker now since last season. Especially considering they have like 80% of their regular starters injured.

[NBF]
03-27-2010, 05:33 PM
On any given day any team can spring a surprise.

We can salvage a point against New England.

The turf monster is going to suck up a few players I'm sure of that, there's players on this team who have not played on turf and will likely be useless.:drinking:

Nuvinho
03-27-2010, 05:34 PM
Frei got kicked by a Columbus player, then got a ball in the head by our own player.

Why doesn't the Crew take Garcia....he'll join his brothers Padula and Hejduk.

ForestGlade
03-27-2010, 05:34 PM
Crazy depressing. For every good move they made, there was 5 shit ones, including some piss poor defence and Frei taking matters into his own hands for better or worse.

I don't want to jump on the Garcia haterade, but holy hell, Frei's down, he has time, just needs to clear, AND HE HITS IT OFF FREI! Good god man, and he's talking about the positives from the game in the post show? Delusionville

How long till the V-cup?

gtaguy
03-27-2010, 05:36 PM
2nd goal was Frei's fault. He chose to stay down instead of his instincts and adrenaline taking over to protect the net. Horrible choice.
Should've been a 5-0 game. Can't believe how many balls were passed to Frei.. especially that beautiful through ball making it a 3 on Frei. Columbus blows, but we're worse. lol

Frei was the player of the match for Tfc.. to me he should have guessed the first goal and covered up his area knowing he has a weak defensive end.. Apart from that Frei stood on his head and had to make alot of tough choices on whether he left his net to hold off attacking players.. If he had not done that this game would have been more lopsided then it was.. I see now that Frei has to challenge more just to keep garcia fuck ups at bay..

Pachuco
03-27-2010, 05:37 PM
WTF? how in the world have I seen multiple posts saying this team looked organized? Did you guys seriously miss the 6 breakaways? Real Madrid had less breakaways on us, they just know how to finish. This team looked as disorganized as ever.

People are thinking way too much of Preki's reputation and his organized teams. This team, so far, is nowhere near organized.

TFC USA
This blame Frei shit is embarrassing.

6-7 breakaway passes and Frei is getting fed to the wolves.

nimamalek
WORST TEAM EVER!!!! pat yourself on the back if you are planning on buying a white TFC jersey, you my friend are an MLSE cash cow!

Nuvinho
ON TWITTER:

Paul B just replied to Jason DeVos comment on us being close to the cap. Paul B says we have more room than most think :)

Does that mean Gerba is off the books? 2nd DP rule?

Jitter
03-27-2010, 05:39 PM
This is probably posted elsewhere cuz some people on this message board are super fast lol:

From Twitter:

Jason DeVos: TFC lost 2-0, but there is something there to build on. Still need some defensive reinforcements, and a 15 goal scorer wouldn't go amiss.
Not easy to find those two players, though - especially with a salary cap in place that is already fairly tight.
Paul Beirne:@jasondevos (http://twitter.com/jasondevos) more room than u think!

Jitter
Dammit!
I knew someone would beat me lol

Pachuco
ON TWITTER:

Paul B just replied to Jason DeVos comment on us being close to the cap. Paul B says we have more room than most think :)

Nope - Just means Mo is a useless fuck.

TorCanSoc
I feel gutted. One game... and the season is all lost? That's what a loss means to this team. Every loss is the start of a possible 7 game losing skid. That's where my feelings are.

kaos197O
03-27-2010, 05:40 PM
Ball control is fucking useless when you don't set up scoring chances. We only had 4-5 all game.

Meanwhile we had average ball control mixed in with a shit ton of giveaways in midfield and then Garcia backpassing in his own half to a near goal.

You would be right and OBW didn't pass on 2 occassions when we had people wide open on either side. OBW and Garcia get poor performance ratings from me.....Garcia caused almost every single breakaway by playing WAY TOO FAR up the field for a CB! OBW's marking was abominable and cost us one......Garcia cost us the other and could have cost us many more.

Aside from that I still say this is a team much improved and the next 2 weeks working together should prove very good for them....

OH AND BTW....I'll take flak for this too.....we missed Barrett today who knows how to get open and spread defenses opening doors or OPPORTUNITIES for the other guys on the pitch. He would have passed on those 2 ops White had and we could have been looking at a much different game with 30 minutes left to go!

DigzTFC!
03-27-2010, 05:41 PM
I think a 2nd DP Striker will be the only way for Mo to save his job.

nimamalek
03-27-2010, 05:41 PM
ON TWITTER:

no it means he is covering MOs ass

gtaguy
03-27-2010, 05:42 PM
WTF? how in the world have I seen multiple posts saying this team looked organized? Did you guys seriously miss the 6 breakaways? Real Madrid had less breakaways on us, they just know how to finish. This team looked as disorganized as ever.

People are thinking way too much of Preki's reputation and his organized teams. This team, so far, is nowhere near organized.

Again i have to agree with you . Atleast someone on these boards recognizes good playing style and royal fuckups.. Preki has come into this club only assuming that he had the right personnel for the job. However his biggest fuckup that i see is allowing Garcia to remain on the Dfence.. That is a huge blow to this team.. What the fuck is so bad about letting garcia sit on the bench.. Is it cuase hes part of the MLS Union..

barca99
03-27-2010, 05:45 PM
OH AND BTW....I'll take flak for this too.....we missed Barrett today who knows how to get open and spread defenses opening doors or OPPORTUNITIES for the other guys on the pitch. He would have passed on those 2 ops White had and we could have been looking at a much different game with 30 minutes left to go!

I've been a huge Barrett critic, but I think he should get another shot playing in this same formation on top with DeRo. Barrett I think is quicker than OBW, and a work horse that can get balls to DeRo and DeGuz. Worth a look anyways. Maybe he'll actually find some touch and score some of his sitters this year (couldn't help myself with that shot)

DigzTFC!
We were way more organized than usual. I seriously think people spend the off season watching other leagues and forget what the MLS is. Our team is better defensively as a unit. Garcia is a liability and it will be addressed. There is no way Preki will allow his blunders to continue throughout the season.

denime

I don't know what game did you watch,but TFC was the team with more ball possession in this game.
I agree we didn't have good finish at all,but that's nothing new.

Jeff s
03-27-2010, 05:46 PM
Nana needs to be criticized for his positioning in this game too imo. Out of all the defenders, he pushed up the most and by a lot. Look at the break away's the majority came from Nana-Garcia's side. Nana wasn't even anywhere to be seen at times during those breaks. Both of them did poorly.

loconet
03-27-2010, 05:50 PM
I really thought it was going to be worse...

kaos197O
03-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Nana needs to be criticized for his positioning in this game too imo. Out of all the defenders, he pushed up the most and by a lot. Look at the break away's the majority came from Nana-Garcia's side. Nana wasn't even anywhere to be seen at times during those breaks. Both of them did poorly.

I noticed that ONLY in the second half as Preki likely gave him the go to push up as we tried for an equalizer. Otherwise he would have played Rogers hard like he did in the first. Nana pushing up did make a difference as well I might add. We had a much more threatening attack in the second half with him doing so but with Garcia back there as such a God awful liability it provided Columbus with chances. Too bad they didn't get Said! Take out Garcia, insert Said and different game!

ManUtd4ever
03-27-2010, 05:51 PM
We were way more organized than usual. I seriously think people spend the off season watching other leagues and forget what the MLS is. Our team is better defensively as a unit. Garcia is a liability and it will be addressed. There is no way Preki will allow his blunders to continue throughout the season.

Agreed, and I hope it won't take several games for Preki to come to his senses regarding Garcia, ex-teammates or not!

Jeff s
03-27-2010, 05:52 PM
I noticed that ONLY in the second half as Preki likely gave him the go to push up as we tried for an equalizer. Otherwise he would have played Rogers hard like he did in the first. Nana pushing up did make a difference as well I might add. We had a much more threatening attack in the second half with him doing so but with Garcia back there as such a God awful liability it provided Columbus with chances. Too bad they didn't get Said! Take out Garcia, insert Said and different game!

I noticed this in the first half

gtaguy
03-27-2010, 05:53 PM
I don't know what game did you watch,but TFC was the team with more ball possession in this game.
I agree we didn't have good finish at all,but that's nothing new.

From what i saw we might have had ball posession but we never capitalized on it.. This club needs to make more an effort to not only control the game but to take the chances necessary to execute a win .. At this moment we have no strikers and if were depending on Dero to do it all we are up shits creek..

canadian_bhoy
03-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Fuck you Schelotto. No class

EWdf5ZLbtYo

We actually did well in the first 20 mins to control the ball. We've got nothing up front - nadda, but still held ok on D in the first half. We push forward well at the start of the 2nd half but fell apart after that.

kaos197O
03-27-2010, 05:54 PM
I noticed this in the first half

Then we saw different games!

sully
03-27-2010, 05:55 PM
]
Nana's positioning was not so good towards the end because they were pushing for an equalizer..but I expect to see Nana as a starter this season and as a key player for us. (but let me add to the broken record..Garcia; really?? Preki isn't a fool..Garcia is there because of the salary restrictions and cap)

gtaguy
03-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Fuck you Schelotto. No class

EWdf5ZLbtYo

We actually did well in the first 20 mins to control the ball. We've got nothing up front - nadda, but still held ok on D in the first half. We push forward well at the start of the 2nd half but fell apart after that.

the first 20 minutes of this game was even.. but after that our difficiencies showed bigtime.

Chevy
03-27-2010, 05:59 PM
I'm surprised with most people's reaction to this game ... we played a lot better then I thought we would. 10x better then those preseason games ... especially in the 2nd half

+1. But we didn't even come close to winning this one.

Beach_Red
03-27-2010, 06:01 PM
+1. But we didn't even come close to winning this one.

Still, it's always interesting to come on here after a game to see who gets the blame.

rocker
03-27-2010, 06:02 PM
you remove Garcia and you remove the source of many of those Columbus runs down the field. He was giving it away all night or positioning himself horribly.

I hope with Gargan here at RB, they can put Nana back at CB and bench Garcia. That would solve a lot of probs immediately.

Garcia has so many, as they say in tennis, "unforced errors."

gtaguy
03-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Im only interested in hearing what preki has to say about the loss. Here comes the excuses. And mark my words he will defend garcias play and innability .

Pookie
03-27-2010, 06:05 PM
I don't get the bag over your head reference in the OP.

If that is the kind of fan you are... only showing your face when you win... we don't need you.

I instantly liked Preki based on the post game comment, "Way too many long balls..."

boban
03-27-2010, 06:08 PM
I instantly liked Preki based on the post game comment, "Way too many long balls..."
Thank God he noticed that too.
The only ground game we had was the back 4 passing amongst each other.

Manutd27
03-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Seriously it's one game......4 players arrived in the last 48 hours.....and one of the goals should not have been allowed. I can't believe what has happened to the "support" for this team.....I'm not trying to make excuses for Mo, MLSE or even Garcia, but there are players on this team who put in good shifts and fought till the end.....negativity breed negativity.....there is alot wrong with the way this team is run but when things go wrong those players who fight game in game out need our support not our hate. It's along season and I for one am not going to give up after one game.

boban
03-27-2010, 06:10 PM
Seriously it's one game......4 players arrived in the last 48 hours.....and one of the goals should not have been allowed. I can't believe what has happened to the "support" for this team.....I'm not trying to make excuses for Mo, MLSE or even Garcia, but there are players on this team who put in good shifts and fought till the end.....negativity breed negativity.....there is alot wrong with the way this team is run but when things go wrong those players who fight game in game out need our support not our hate. It's along season and I for one am not going to give up after one game.
Players need out support.
Management and ownership can rot in hell.

gtaguy
03-27-2010, 06:12 PM

ManUtd thanks for reminding us . Sometimes we need an encouragement to make us feel better. if you don't mind can you tell me some positives of this game so i can feel better..

boozilla
03-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Frei took matters into his own hands because he doesn't trust Garcia, who seems even worse this year.

denime
03-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Im only interested in hearing what preki has to say about the loss. Here comes the excuses. And mark my words he will defend garcias play and innability .

I don't get the bag over your head reference in the OP.

If that is the kind of fan you are... only showing your face when you win... we don't need you.

WHAT HE SAID !!

ua-kozak_TFC
03-27-2010, 06:14 PM
and put who instead??? the water boy ?

The squad is super thin thanks to mo's expensive acquisitions and stupid moves for HAVE BEEN players... Mo's just a blood sucker and until we have someone who is unlike him and cares about the game and football and not about the money and brazilian ass...

Beach_Red
03-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Players need out support.
Management and ownership can rot in hell.

Yes, the players looked much better today than they did in the last game last season - they played much harder and didn't give up. Have we ever seen that in the last ten minutes of any game when down one? So, it's an improvement.

We all want to win every game, of course, tha's a given, but there really is a difference between excuses and context. This team has much more potential right now than last year's team did at the start of the season.

Lennon
Still, it's always interesting to come on here after a game to see who gets the blame.

I was just happy to see us create a few chances and keep possession (2nd half). How many shots did we have in Charleston? I don't think we had a single one against Salt Lake ...

People need to remember that we were up against the best team in the league last year (player for player almost the same squad), away from home, and with a midfield and back line that are playing together for the first time ...

denime
ManUtd thanks for reminding us . Sometimes we need an encouragement to make us feel better. if you don't mind can you tell me some positives of this game so i can feel better..

When you start paying they salaries than you can ask them to make you happy,until than support the team or stay away.

sully
03-27-2010, 06:17 PM

I like that. Last year in Columus in the first game we were lucky to get a draw, this time we were unlucky to lose by two goals and on another day might have got a draw. But this year, the team played with more heart and played better as a unit. They worked harder for each other. This is something that has nothing to do with luck, it's to do with better coaching and management...I'm happier with our performance today in Columbus than laster year despite getting a draw then. It's a long season...and our future this season looks brighter to me.

ua-kozak_TFC
03-27-2010, 06:20 PM
is that any of the fans' fault? the 09 season ended in october... there was like 5 month to make aquisitions... If the one at the helm is not competent enough we can;t turn a blind eye and be like "WHO CARES? ... i've got beer.:drinking:"
Caring sometimes means tough love...

Fushida
03-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Did anyone else notice that we instantly became more dangerous when LaBrocca came on? I've never seen this guy play before, but he was quite a capable player... and had that back flick for Attakora who proceeded to backpass it. LaBrocca tried to play fast tempo, always ran forward after passing it off... unfortunately the rest of the team doesn't seem to be on the same page as him. Like the guy already..

Attakora - while strong on defense, has become Marvell Wynne #2 in attack. Gets a lot of chances to go forward, but he's completely clueless when it comes to that final pass. I think he'd be better off staying back and helping out the CB situation than at RB.

Cronin had a poor game... was invisible most of the time. I'm a fan of his but this game wasn't one to remember. OBW (and I'm a HUGE critic of his) played pretty decently... he's still weak at getting those long balls but he was our most dangerous player today by far. Saric was decent... needs to work on the passing, but so does our entire team. JDG was awful... he looked impatient with the team but he wasn't doing much for himself. A lot of errant passes and cheap giveaways.

Nothing more to say about Garcia that hasn't been said. But what's with Frei and his coming out of the box? Some of those decisions were risky... and I can see that we speculate about him not trusting the back line... but still.

ManUtd4ever
03-27-2010, 06:24 PM
I like that. Last year in Columus in the first game we were lucky to get a draw, this time we were unlucky to lose by two goals and on another day might have got a draw. But this year, the team played with more heart and played better as a unit. They worked harder for each other. This is something that has nothing to do with luck, it's to do with better coaching and management...I'm happier with our performance today in Columbus than laster year despite getting a draw then. It's a long season...and our future this season looks brighter to me.

Agreed. Today was a classic case of the scoreline not necessarily being indicative of the performance of the club. As long as Garcia is not in the lineup against New England, I'm confident TFC will get a result in the next match after 2 weeks of preparation with all the new faces on the roster...

ag futbol
It looks like we had a plan, but with plenty of cracks in it.

How are your defenders going to be able to wheel around with the ball if you're toothless going forward? I hate longball, but it was relatively expected because our midfielders could not advance the ball on the ground. Symptom of another cause.

Columbus did the smart thing and started pressuring up top, without a flexible midfield it left us with little choice but to play over the top.

Manutd27

If you need to feel good find a women....football and supporting a team is all about the pain, the ups and downs, but in the end you support the team throught thick and thin, I'm not saying stop complaining about the players that deserve to be shit on, I'm not saying stop fighting the good fight against the owners/managment, but if I was a new player on TFC and I heard about our great fan base and great support and I came on this message board I would leave with a sour taste in my mouth.

My support of the team will not change is we go winless all season, I will be pissed and I will call for Mo, Preki's and whoever elses head deserving of such a call but I will wear my shirt, wave my scarf, stand at my seat signing my lungs out every game!

gtaguy
When you start paying they salaries than you can ask them to make you happy,until than support the team or stay away.

sorry D .. In some small way i do pay for thier salaries. I have my seasons tix and if im not wrong that helps to pay for salaries. Im not trying to be smartass , Im just a fan that loves and cares for this team no matter what .. I do support them and will always support them but i do have expectations that need to be met. I know your work for an Automotive company tell me that we don't have to meet certain requirements from the Front Offfice or eigtherwise they close us up..

Waggy
03-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Wait, I thought everyone expected us to lose 3 or 4 to nothing? Now everyones angry we lost 2-0? I don't know about you guys but I didn't have high expectations for this game. You know, since our CB may as well be me, 2 of our players weren't part of TFC until friday and 1 guy didn't even make the game he was signed so late. Did we play great? No. Did anyone expect us to? No. The expectation was we would be exposed. In reality, we lost 2-0, one of the goals they scored was shady, and we had opportunities we just couldn't take advantage. It wasn't like we didn't belong in the same league as them, just that we aren't as good as them. Which we all already knew.

There are SERIOUS signs of improvement over the preseason, and thats all I'm hoping for right now. Mo may need to go, but thats not the players faults. They're still out there giving their all for the badge, the supporters and the city. Well... maybe not Garcia, but almost all of them! Even Jimmy B whom I thought was done to be honest played well. If it wasn't for an unamed CB who kept giving up odd man rushes, we'd have had a real chance in this game. I actually feel significantly better about TFCs future now then I did this morning. What more can supporters of the worst run team in the league ask for? :scarf:

Niall
03-27-2010, 06:29 PM
These boards are super negative. I actually liked what I saw from the team. (Aside from Garcia and a some minor things.)

We kept our shape for the most part. Almost scored a few times.

White shooting with his left in a positive way is a great thing for this team to come. A couple of good link ups between the midfield and forwards.

Columbus is one of the best teams in this league and we are team that was put together last minute let's just wait and see what happens. Great central D. 6'5 and 6'3? Maybe long ball and crosses aren't effective?

Frei seemed a little bit out of place at times and there was an overall lack of urgency in our D.

Why do we always feel the need to head every ball that is in the air? Bring it down and play it to the feet. Lack of strategy change was detrimental but overall I wasn't too angry with the game. Lots of positives to be taken with all the negatives. Shady calls happen and bad bounces happen, we have to turn it around play with the same intensity and get some players back from injury.

More excited for the home opener now than ever before.

Heads up boys! Still 29 games to play!

WHITEY
03-27-2010, 06:33 PM
These boards are super negative. I actually liked what I saw from the team. (Aside from Garcia and a some minor things.)

White shooting with his left in a positive way is a great thing for this team to come. A couple of good link ups between the midfield and forwards.

Columbus is one of the best teams in this league and we are team that was put together last minute let's just wait and see what happens. Great central D. 6'5 and 6'3? Maybe long ball and crosses aren't effective?

Frei seemed a little bit out of place at times and there was an overall lack of urgency in our D.

Why do we always feel the need to head every ball that is in the air? Bring it down and play it to the feet. Lack of strategy change was detrimental but overall I wasn't too angry with the game. Lots of positives to be taken with all the negatives. Shady calls happen and bad bounces happen, we have to turn it around play with the same intensity and get some players back from injury.

Who let this positve guy in?

Niall
03-27-2010, 06:35 PM

I'm sorry, I'll show myself out.

barticusz
03-27-2010, 06:36 PM
I'm starting to regret buying MatchDayLive. The quality is great but really it just lets me see TFC most up more clearly. Garcia is absolute garbage, as was the rest of the defense this game.

I'm hoping that they can come together with some more time.

WHITEY
03-27-2010, 06:38 PM

LOL just messing with you dude...negativity is the norm around here when somebody comes in and posts something positive there tends to be some confusion.

AL-MO

I think it was a joke. :D

TFC07
To be honest, this wasn't a bad game for TFC. Sure they lost, but they look so much better compare to the past. TFC needs to polish off few things and get rid of Garcia out of starting line up.

Depending who TFC gets in summer time, we might actually make it to the playoffs.

gtaguy
03-27-2010, 06:39 PM

thankyou.. one thing is being positive the other is being totally dissilusional..

Support the team you love does not have to interfere with whats reality.. I will always follow this team but don't tell me to feel good about losing

AL-MO
03-27-2010, 06:40 PM
To be honest, this wasn't a bad game for TFC. Sure they lost, but they look so much better compare to the past. TFC needs to polish off few things and get rid of Garcia out of starting line up.

Depending who TFC gets in summer time, we might actually make it to the playoffs.

They definitely looked much better than they did in the preseason. (CCC)

Razor
03-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Nothing really positive about this game. We're still shit.

Oh and if Garcia starts one more game, I will kick Preki in the nuts.

Garcia = worst player to ever don a TFC jersey.

gtaguy
03-27-2010, 06:45 PM

atleast no tfc player was red carded.. that a huge positive.

Dirk Diggler
03-27-2010, 06:45 PM
Wasn't a terrible game by TFC standards ... although I don't think the scoreline is misleading. I think the scoreline is pretty much exactly indictive of the relative quality of the two teams. A 2-0 score is pretty much exactly what we deserved ... we certainly did not outplay Columbus.

TFC07
03-27-2010, 06:46 PM

Agreed. Let's hope they keep on improving! :scarf:

canadian_bhoy
03-27-2010, 06:46 PM

Anyone have a clip of the Garcia back pass header to Frei?

Niall
03-27-2010, 06:47 PM
LOL just messing with you dude...negativity is the norm around here when somebody comes in and posts something positive there tends to be some confusion.

I think it was a joke. :D

I know it was a joke. :D

Not trying to say I feel good about a loss but also not throwing the whole season out the door due to one loss.

gtaguy
03-27-2010, 06:48 PM

Im right behind you.. Garcia is a liability to this squad.. I wanted to give him all the benefits of the doubt but he proved it tonite . He hurts this club a whole lot.. just ask stephan Frei..

Shakes McQueen
03-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Finally getting a chance to watch the game, and while the first half was a bit rough (which I was kind of expecting), the second half was better. Except for a few specific errors committed by specific players, obviously (looking at you, Garcia).

I also like that Preki instantly identified the over-reliance on long ball nonsense - did Cummins or Carver ever identify that as a problem publicly, in their time here?

We were beaten by a superior team today, but keep in mind we were beaten by a team that has already played competitively this season, in their building.

I thought our organization looked pretty good in the second half (again, except for a couple of idiots - Garcia, I'm still looking at you).

I don't want Garcia to ever play for this team again. Hopefully Gargan proves to be a solid pickup, and Nana can take Garcia's place at CB. The next test for Preki, will be how quickly he realizes what a useless twat that guy is, and sends him home - or permanently staples him to the bench.

Overall, I don't think this is the apocalypse yet. We looked rough, but I saw some rays of hope as the game wore on. This isn't the first time we've lost to Columbus - and with rosters that looked better on paper, no less.

Either way, Mo Johnston needs to be fired as soon as possible, and Nick Garcia needs to go spend more time with his family. I also wasn't sold on Harden - he was better at Garcia for compensating on errors, but still looked slow.

I'm not going to throw this entire season under the bus yet, until I've given these guys a few more games to get their shit together, and until the roster is no longer in flux (as it undoubtedly will be). I'm not convinced we are a playoff team, but I'm similarly not convinced that we will be an abomination.

I'll give Preki a bit more time. And I will also say that this team is going to need us this season. Talking about wanting to shoot yourself, or wear a bag over your head, after we are one game into the season, is frankly pathetic to hear from people who consider themselves fans or supporters. Do what you must to drown your sorrows, bitch about how shitty some guys were on here for a few days to get it out of your system, and then get ready to scream and sing your face off next match.

- Scott

I_AM_CANADIAN
03-27-2010, 06:52 PM

This was me all throughout years 1-3... lol

I'd normally be right with you on this, but we're in year four now, and my patience is starting to wear a bit thin. Thumbs up for keeping a positive attitude, though (not being sarcastic).

Fushida
03-27-2010, 06:52 PM
LOL I just watched the game in 6 in higher quality than my stream. I can't believe that 2nd goal was allowed. That dirty cunt O'Rourke clearly kicked Frei. And Garcia... LOL. So much time and space to calmly clear the ball, yet he opts to do it one time... :picard:

But in honestly I didn't expect even a draw this game... and we were doing pretty well after LaBrocca came on... coulda definitely bagged a goal. Certainly an improvement over the Charleston nightmare.

Darlofletch
03-27-2010, 06:56 PM
wow, can't believe the constant negativity from some people here. We played the best team in the league from last season, who've already been playing competitive games, away from home, what were you expecting?

I was fully expecting this to be a shitshow, what with all the late addittions to the squad, and that we'd be alright by the time the NE game rolled around.

Maybe it's because of those low expectations, but I actually thought we did ok. we weren't great by any means, but we were organised until late in the game when nana was pushed further up to go for an equaliser. garcia can go fuck himself though, so many horrible plays.

compared to the crap in pre season we actually managed to create some half chances up front as well, so all in all, I'm disappointed with the result, but in a way, pleasantly surprised, and more optimistic for the season as a whole than i was before.

The fact that Mo and preki combined to put us in the position of an unfilled bench and 4 players arriving just before the season started is a disgrace, but our performance today wasn't.

as for the second goal, it was a foul, but even if not, is it not considered the thing to do to kick the ball out of play if one of the opposition is injured? after that schelotto and columbus can go fuck themselves.

and as for the whole flare incident, idiots is all I've got to say to that.

Dirk Diggler
03-27-2010, 06:58 PM

I'd normally be right with you on this, but we're in year four now, and my patience is starting to wear a bit thin. Thumbs up for keeping a positive attitude, though (not being sarcastic).

To be honest, my patience has been worn out for a such a long time that I don't even get disappointed by a TFC loss anymore. That game at Giants Stadium last season pissed off most people but the team has been a disgrace for so much of its existence that I just don't see any form of defeat that can top any defeats in the pasts in terms of the disappointment factor. At this point, I think its too late for a "FIRE MO!" campaign anyways ... don't think it will make a difference for this year. I hope MLSE sticks with Mo for the rest of the season irrespective of how the team performs and if they decide to hire a new GM, do so at the end of the season ... save some money that way too. Preki should be given at least 2 seasons.

Lucky Strike
03-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Shameless self-plug for my player ratings:

http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?t=21181

canadian_bhoy
03-27-2010, 06:59 PM
wow, can't believe the constant negativity from some people here. We played the best team in the league from last season, who've already been playing competitive games, away from home, what were you expecting?

I was fully expecting this to be a shitshow, what with all the late addittions to the squad, and that we'd be alright by the time the NE game rolled around.

Maybe it's because of those low expectations, but I actually thought we did ok. we weren't great by any means, but we were organised until late in the game when nana was pushed further up to go for an equaliser. garcia can go fuck himself though, so many horrible plays.

compared to the crap in pre season we actually managed to create some half chances up front as well, so all in all, I'm disappointed with the result, but in a way, pleasantly surprised, and more optimistic for the season as a whole than i was before.

The fact that Mo and preki combined to put us in the position of an unfilled bench and 4 players arriving just before the season started is a disgrace, but our performance today wasn't.

as for the second goal, it was a foul, but even if not, is it not considered the thing to do to kick the ball out of play if one of the opposition is injured? after that schelotto and columbus can go fuck themselves.

and as for the whole flare incident, idiots is all I've got to say to that.

So to summarize, we were shit, but not as shit as expected. So that's good.

AL-MO
Talking about wanting to shoot yourself, or wear a bag over your head, after we are one game into the season,

- Scott

I may be wrong, but I took that first post as a bit of a joke myself. :canada:

Pookie

Really, worse than that shit for brains Jeff Cunningham that we finally got rid of? Thank goodness we got rid of that has-been.

And that we got rid of Harmse, Marshall, Samuel and Casey... all accurately pegged by elements of the fan base as at the end of their careers and incapable of ever adding anything to anybody ;)

wzhxvy
A few of you guys made the point that the team needs us this season and I agree. We need to support the team.

Mo should be fired...I will say this again and again. Garcia's ass should be on the bench. No way he should be playing. Wasnt impressed by Harden.

Other than that, I was actually very impressed with OBW, not because he had a great game but because he lost that pickle up his ass running style and had some really nice runs finished by decent shots. If he keeps that up, I think he will do very well. Felt bad for Frei but he cant keep doing that...thats not a long term strategy. Like Labrocca for the short time I saw him play.

I dont think this team is horrific, and I got the feeling there is more heart in this team, but they are 2-3 players away from being what we need. And if these issues are not addressed, we will not make the playoffs. This team without help will not do it and we need the new players now. No fing gelling excuses or be patient or it will take time...Garcia needs to be off, we need one more striker, and 2 decent, dependable backs.

FluSH
03-27-2010, 07:02 PM
Crazy depressing. For every good move they made, there was 5 shit ones, including some piss poor defence and Frei taking matters into his own hands for better or worse.

I don't want to jump on the Garcia haterade, but holy hell, Frei's down, he has time, just needs to clear, AND HE HITS IT OFF FREI! Good god man, and he's talking about the positives from the game in the post show? Delusionville

How long till the V-cup?

We had a great Garcia he's gotta go chant going at Shoeless... courtesy of ALMO

Darlofletch
03-27-2010, 07:02 PM

problme is, this isn't really year 4, this is year one of a whole new team/plan. It sucks that we didn't get any real success before the rebuild, and call me a sucker, but I'm prepared to give tfc 2.0 some time, I think even the two weeks until the next game should make a big difference.

FluSH
03-27-2010, 07:03 PM
Shameless self-plug for my player ratings:

http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?t=21181

..and to be honest last year you had the best (more realistic) player ratings... in my opinion you should be starting every post game thread with your player ratings....

I_AM_CANADIAN
I hope MLSE sticks with Mo for the rest of the season irrespective of how the team performs and if they decide to hire a new GM, do so at the end of the season ... save some money that way too. Preki should be given at least 2 seasons.
Ideally, I'd like to see one guy in charge of managing AND building the team. In soccer, so far as I've seen anyway, having one guy in charge of transfers and another guy in charge of managing those players simply does not work. The coach knows better than anyone what players he needs.

AL-MO
I dont think this team is horrific, and I got the feeling there is more heart in this team, but they are 2-3 players away from being what we need.

I think if we get anywhere this season, its probably going to be because of this not the overall talent of the squad.

AL-MO
03-27-2010, 07:05 PM
We had a great Garcia he's gotta go chant going at Shoeless... courtesy of ALMO

How'd it go? I am having a hard time remembering at the moment. :p

On another note good crowd @ Joes...but people are seriously down at the moment.

There isn't that excitement that I remember.

I_AM_CANADIAN
03-27-2010, 07:08 PM
problme is, this isn't really year 4, this is year one of a whole new team/plan. It sucks that we didn't get any real success before the rebuild, and call me a sucker, but I'm prepared to give tfc 2.0 some time, I think even the two weeks until the next game should make a big difference.
Actually, this is why I'm so frustrated. :facepalm: I really believed all through years 2 and 3, and even throughout this winter, that we were continuing to make real progress... But now, after only three years of building a team, it's already been blown up and now it's an absolute and total shambles. Even the Leafs don't give up on building/rebuilding projects that quickly. Yes, their hand was forced in some cases, but the team I saw on the pitch today couldn't even be called a team, it's absolutely bare bones right now, there's no cohesion.

Mo is a great drafter, even the biggest of haters have to give him that, but so far, when it comes to actually building a balanced team, he's completely failed.

WHITEY
03-27-2010, 07:09 PM
This is great LOL one fucking match and "the sky is falling" has already started! Fuck me this is gonna be one entertaining season on this board! How about giving it a couple of matches since this team did change shape in the last day or two? Ooooooooops there I go being all positive and shit, nevermind I'll keep my thoughts to myself LOL

FluSH
03-27-2010, 07:11 PM
How'd it go? I am having a hard time remembering at the moment. :p

On another note good crowd @ Joes...but people are seriously down at the moment.

There isn't that excitement that I remember.

Nick Garciaaaaa.... He's Gotta Go! Nick Garciaaaaa.... He's Gotta Go! Nick Garciaaaaa.... He's Gotta Go! tatatatatat tatata tatat

Beach_Red
03-27-2010, 07:14 PM

Yes, that's it exactly - we wanted someone new running the team and we got him. Now we can just think of Mo the same way we do Peddie or Anselmi - he's more MLSE than TFC.

Roogsy
03-27-2010, 07:15 PM

It's exactly what it is. Mo has you exactly where he wants you, with your expectations so low that not being blown out is a GOOD thing.

And you wonder about the constant negativity? 3 seasons and no progress? Maybe you feel ok having no expectations for this team, but I don't. I know where a team with the money and support that TFC has SHOULD be and it certainly isn't what has been delivered by Mo. If you are ok with below-average results, good for you. Some people demand better.

Beach_Red
03-27-2010, 07:16 PM
It's exactly what it is. Mo has you exactly where he wants you, with your expectations so low that not being blown out is a GOOD thing.

And you wonder about the constant negativity? 3 seasons and no progress? Maybe you feel ok having no expectations for this team, but I don't. I know where a team with the money and support that TFC has SHOULD be and it certainly isn't what has been delivered by Mo. If you are ok with below-average results, good for you. Some people demand better.

Sports fans in Toronto?

Roogsy
03-27-2010, 07:17 PM
This is great LOL one fucking match and "the sky is falling" has already started! Fuck me this is gonna be one entertaining season on this board! How about giving it a couple of matches since this team did change shape in the last day or two? Ooooooooops there I go being all positive and shit, nevermind I'll keep my thoughts to myself LOL

Ah...the motto of each of the past two seasons.

You're like the girlfriend that keeps forgiving her boyfriend's constant cheating.

"He won't do it again..."

Sure he won't. :rolleyes:

WHITEY
03-27-2010, 07:20 PM

You're like the girlfriend that keeps forgiving her boyfriend's constant cheating.

HAHA! That was good! I'm just as pissed off as the next guy but really its match one of 30. Does Nick "The Dick" Garcia need to be hung by his balls? Oh hell ya! But I'm not about to go all apeshit after the first match of the season is all I'm saying.

Pookie
03-27-2010, 07:20 PM
Garcia may be shit but let's be clear... the GW goal came off a missed assignment by OBW... one of 8 set pieces we gave up in the 1st half

It's good to have a scape goat but...

Shakes McQueen
03-27-2010, 07:21 PM

No need to be condescending. It's a factual truth that players were added in the last 48 hours, which I presume is what he was referencing.

Nor do I get how saying "give it a couple of games" at the beginning of a season, with a bunch of recently acquired players, is essentially acquiescing to taking it up the ass from Mo Johnston and company.

- Scott

TFCRegina
03-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Really, worse than that shit for brains Jeff Cunningham that we finally got rid of? Thank goodness we got rid of that has-been.

And that we got rid of Harmse, Marshall, Samuel and Casey... all accurately pegged by elements of the fan base as at the end of their careers and incapable of ever adding anything to anybody ;)

I nearly responded in anger and defense of Kevin Harmse, but I realized that Marshall and Cunningham both went on to other teams and performed adequately and great, respectively.

Clearly you're on my side when it comes to Harmse.

Batman
03-27-2010, 07:22 PM

cant disagree with you. I'm seriously thinking about giving up my pair of tickets in the bunker for the season, and waiting till next year. I'll return when Mo is gone.

WHITEY
03-27-2010, 07:23 PM
No need to be condescending. It's a factual truth that players were added in the last 48 hours, which I presume is what he was referencing.

Nor do I get how saying "give it a couple of games" at the beginning of a season, with a bunch of recently acquired players, is essentially acquiescing to taking it up the ass from Mo Johnston and company.

- Scott

Scott but the sky is falling! LOL

Beach_Red
TFC will be the only MLSE-owned team that makes the playoffs this year. And next year.

AL-MO
I have to agree with Whitey.

I'll give it a few matches before I start really getting pissed off.

AL-MO
03-27-2010, 07:24 PM
but when I do......

:hulk:

WHITEY
03-27-2010, 07:27 PM
but when I do......

:hulk:

I'll be right with you AL-MO! I just think getting all bent, angry and acting like the world is about to end after the first match is a little overboard LOL BUT if its like this after say the 5th match ya look out!

ua-kozak_TFC
03-27-2010, 07:27 PM

I think this is BY FAR the most insightful, descriptive and acurate thing someone ever said in these 4 disgraceful years of TFC...

Mo knows shit all about building a soccer team. But one thing I am most certain of is that dude is a genious because to have done so poorly and yet manage to get a contract extention of 2 years is just pure genious. and a manipulative psychopath... but yea, it's just mind-bogelling how he is able to control everyone around him (media and fans included) like puppets..

I_AM_CANADIAN
03-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Nick "The Dick" Garcia
LOL... for some reason I found that very funny. :D

ua-kozak_TFC
03-27-2010, 07:31 PM
TFC will be the only MLSE-owned team that makes the playoffs this year. And next year.
I think this post is a little too early... april fools' day is in few days from now..

Beach_Red
03-27-2010, 07:36 PM
I think this post is a little too early... april fools' day is in few days from now..

It's less than a week, come on, that's not too early ;).

Okay, do you prefer this: not one MLSE teams will make the playoffs, who should be fired?

(but with so many people saying Columbus is the best team in MLS than I sill think TFC can make the playoffs - the team may not be very good, but so many teams in the league are no good)

Roogsy
03-27-2010, 07:37 PM

- Scott

Scott...we've been giving this director and this team "a few games" for 4 years. The results today are just one game, that is true. I wasn't even surprised or upset that we lost, I expected it. But don't ask me to buy into giving Mo any more time. That just makes us all suckers. Going into this game with the roster we started is a joke. If an amateur hack like me was screaming for this team to be setup and ready to go LAST year weeks before the season started, why are we going into THIS year not having learned the lessons of last year and in fact, done even worse?

If someone goes into a job interview with a blank piece of paper for a resume and hands it to the interviewer and says "I didn't have time to have get it ready" would he get the job? And yet we've had 4 seasons of Mo going into the first game of the season short-handed and 4 seasons of Mo playing with the pieces of the puzzle all season long trying to put a full roster together and you guys keep asking for "more time". I can't believe you guys buy into that nonsense. It's actually a little disappointing that you could be so naive.

In any other job or industry, people would laugh that person out of the room and out of the job. Cummins was given half a season but Mo gets 4 seasons to literally make the team worse. Gerba gets 5 games to start but Barrett gets entire seasons to underperform. There is no consistency and no standards with this team...everything is ad hoc. And you guys want more. Wow... :rolleyes:

And it's not condescending. Tell me we haven't heard the same words and same type of sentiment at the start of each season. You'd think people would be smart enough to know they've been had. If we haven't heard those sentiments before...then I am out of line. If we have...then I am bang on.

Fool me once. Shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me more than twice and I am a damned fool.

WHITEY
03-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Scott...we've been giving this director and this team "a few games" for 4 years. The results today are just one game, that is true. I wasn't even surprised or upset that we lost, I expected it. But don't ask me to buy into giving Mo any more time. That just makes us all suckers. Going into this game with the roster we started is a joke. If an amateur hack like me was screaming for this team to be setup and ready to go LAST year weeks before the season started, why are we going into THIS year not having learned the lessons of last year and in fact, done even worse?

If someone goes into a job interview with a blank piece of paper for a resume and hands it to the interviewer and says "I didn't have time to have get it ready" would he get the job? And yet we've had 4 seasons of Mo going into the first game of the season short-handed and 4 seasons of Mo playing with the pieces of the puzzle all season long trying to put a full roster together and you guys keep asking for "more time". I can't believe you guys buy into that nonsense. It's actually a little disappointing that you could be so naive.

In any other job or industry, people would laugh that person out of the room and out of the job. Cummins was given half a season but Mo gets 4 seasons to literally make the team worse. Gerba gets 5 games to start but Barrett gets entire seasons to underperform. There are not standards with this team...everything is ad hoc. And you guys want more. Wow... :rolleyes:

Roogsy, I didn't say give Mo a few games. I guess I should have stated that. Do I think Mo "I need to dice another rail" Johnston needs to go? For sure! But dude you gotta give the players a few matches to get their shit together, if it is still the same song and dance after say match 5 then like I said to AL-MO I'll be right beside you all sour and angry.

UltraSuperMegaMo
03-27-2010, 07:42 PM
Wow, I'm surprised how may people seeing some half full in this game. I'm willing to give things some time, but I didn't see any evidence of tactical or personnel improvement in this game. Same old problems, terrible defence and no scoring.

Beach_Red
03-27-2010, 07:44 PM

In any other job or industry, people would laugh that person out of the room and out of the job. Cummins was given half a season but Mo gets 4 seasons to literally make the team worse. Gerba gets 5 games to start but Barrett gets entire seasons to underperform. There is no consistency and no standards with this team...everything is ad hoc. And you guys want more. Wow... :rolleyes:

And it's not condescending. Tell me we haven't heard the same words and same type of sentiment at the start of each season. If we haven't...then I am out of line. If we have...then I am bang on.

Yeah, so why should we have any faith in the guy on the other side of that desk? Especially when he has other businesses in the same situation, where it's always going to be better in a couple of years but it never seems like it is.

But it isn't actually hopeless. TFC have responded to many of the fans' demands, so if people really press them for a proper striker and a proper replacement for Garcia, that's what they'll do. If people just press them to get rid of guys... well, that's what they did.

Roogsy
03-27-2010, 07:45 PM
Then Mo will add a new player and you'll be playing the same "give them a few games" song again.

I am not ragging on the players, the ones we have now nor the ones we've had and left. We've had GOOD players on this team with no direction or cohesion in the way this team was built. This team will not get better at all, because the same "time" you ask to have this team gel (which is what the preseason is for by the way) is the same time that other teams are using to gel even more. In other words, whatever progress we make is irrelevant because other teams are simply building on top of the success they have over us and all we are doing is simply digging a hole for ourselves.

Giving Mo a few games is exactly what you are asking for, even if it's not what you meant to say.

Dirk Diggler
03-27-2010, 07:46 PM

Completely agree with every line of this post ... I've held this exact viewpoint for the past year or so but people believe that somehow things will work themselves out without any intervention.

With that said, I'll stand by what I said before. If Mo is to be fired, I hope that is done towards the end of the season/beginning of off-season (similar to how J.P. Riccardi was fired and Alex Anthoupoulos was hired last year). The way I see it, there is no benefit in bringing in new management personnel mid-season. If the team fails, people will unfairly associate some of that failure with the new GM, disregarding the fact that there truly is nothing a GM can do in order to improve a team mid-season considering the shape the team is in at the moment. This is why I want the new GM to get his tabula rasa as soon as he lands the top job and this is only possible during the off-season.

Troll
03-27-2010, 07:47 PM

Agreed. After watching the game I thought we played better then I thought we would. Keep in mind I really wasn't very positive to begin with. But Labrocca in the short run out looked real impressive and think he'll be good for us.

I certainly don't think that we are worse then we were last year. Are we better? No probably not, but we narrowly missed the playoffs last year and I'd say we're a central defender and a striker away from our best season.

WHITEY
03-27-2010, 07:49 PM
Then Mo will add a new player and you'll be playing the same "give them a few games" song again.

I am not ragging on the players, the ones we have now nor the ones we've had and left. We've had GOOD players on this team with no direction or cohesion in the way this team was built. This team will not get better at all, because the same "time" you ask to have this team gel (which is what the preseason is for by the way) is the same time that other teams are using to gel even more. In other words, whatever progress we make is irrelevant because other teams are simply building on top of the success they have over us and all we are doing is simply digging a hole for ourselves.

Giving Mo a few games is exactly what you are asking for, even if it's not what you meant to say.

Actually I'm not LOL but I think this is gonna be one of those let's just agree to disagree moments.

Dirk Diggler
03-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Also, I have to say that I absolutely do not agree with this vitriol filled Garcia bashing. Yes, he sucks massive balls and is a horrible defender but so what? Whose fault is that? Blame the GM for acquiring him and blame the coach for playing him. I've believed that it is never right to bash someone simply for not being good enough, unless ofcourse that player was being a locker room cancer and one known for being extremely lazy as well. From what I've seen of Garcia, he is simply in way over his head ... nothing less, nothing more.

Shakes McQueen
03-27-2010, 07:51 PM

And it's not condescending. Tell me we haven't heard the same words and same type of sentiment at the start of each season. If we haven't...then I am out of line. If we have...then I am bang on.

You are being condescending. You compared him to a victim of domestic abuse, for God's sake.

And I suspect he wasn't talking about giving Mo a chance - he was talking about giving the TEAM a couple of games to get their shit together, before we go all nuts with the doom and gloom proclamations. That has nothing to do with Mo.

Christ, I want Mo fired immediately - but I still want to give the guys in the locker room a couple of games to get their shit together, and get any lingering roster uncertainty sorted, before I toss this entire season under the bus.

Likewise, if we had won tonight, I suspect you'd want to hang off planning the MLS Cup parade down Yonge St., until after we've played a few more games, right?

I will repeat again that this has nothing to do with Mo Johnston. The jury is in on that useless fuck. This has to do with giving the players on the field, and the coach, a couple of games before I declare the season a failure. Perfectly reasonable.

- Scott

WHITEY
03-27-2010, 07:53 PM
You are being condescending. You compared him to a victim of domestic abuse, for God's sake.

And I suspect he wasn't talking about giving Mo a chance - he was talking about giving the TEAM a couple of games to get their shit together, before we go all nuts with the doom and gloom proclamations. That has nothing to do with Mo.

Christ, I want Mo fired immediately - but I still want to give the guys in the locker room a couple of games to get their shit together, and get any lingering roster uncertainty sorted, before I toss this entire season under the bus.

Likewise, if we had won tonight, I suspect you'd want to hang off planning the MLS Cup parade down Yonge St., until after we've played a few more games, right?

I will repeat again that this has nothing to do with Mo Johnston. The jury is in on that useless fuck. This has to do with giving the players on the field, and the coach, a couple of games before I declare the season a failure. Perfectly reasonable.

- Scott

Bingo!

Roogsy
03-27-2010, 07:54 PM
Yeah, so why should we have any faith in the guy on the other side of that desk? Especially when he has other businesses in the same situation, where it's always going to be better in a couple of years but it never seems like it is.

You'd rather pay attention to the guy doing the hiring as opposed to who they hire? The guy hiring doesn't need our "faith" or approval.

But it isn't actually hopeless. TFC have responded to many of the fans' demands, so if people really press them for a proper striker and a proper replacement for Garcia, that's what they'll do. If people just press them to get rid of guys... well, that's what they did.What demand have TFC responded to? Did we ask for Robbo to be let go? Did we ask for Gerba to be let go? Did we ask for Wynne to be let go? Did we ask for Guevara to be let go? Did we ask for all these players (and more) be to be let go with barely anyone to replace them? Where on these boards did we ask for a bucket-load of 3rd round draft picks? To say TFC have responded to the fans is the most inaccurate comment I have read in this thread yet.

There are three things that fans demanded from TFC all year last year.

1) A DP
2) A proper defender (we've never had one)
3) A proper striker

We got a DP in the last weeks of the season where he could barely help at all. We have not gotten a single defender and instead shipped one out. And did the same with our forwards.

That is not responding to the demands of the fans.

I was watching the NYRB game today and it was noted that the team has had 13 managers in 15 seasons. No wonder they have had no success. And we are well under way to becoming NYRB part deux. A revolving door of players and coaches. But the one guy that should have been changed by now, Mo, remains in place. Until he goes...we will have no success. I'd even question whether we can ever make the playoffs as it gets harder and harder each year with new teams vying for the same number of playoff spots. In our first year, it was 8 out of 13 teams. This year, it's 8 out of 16 and in a couple of years it will be 8 out of 18. And people think giving them more time is the answer? :facepalm:

ag futbol
03-27-2010, 07:57 PM
Bingo.

Other teams have consistently run their business better than us to start the season: FOR FOUR YEARS STRAIGHT. The season is too short to be coming out unprepared and we've had too much time to continue these excuses.

Shakes McQueen
03-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Bingo.

Other teams have consistently run their business better than us to start the season: FOR FOUR YEARS STRAIGHT. The season is too short to be coming out unprepared and we've had too much time to continue these excuses.

I agree that's what the pre-season is supposed to be for. Unfortunately, our dipshit general manager doesn't treat it that way, and has added several players mere hours before the season started.

- Scott

Beach_Red
03-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Also, I have to say that I absolutely do not agree with this vitriol filled Garcia bashing. Yes, he sucks massive balls and is a horrible defender but so what? Whose fault is that? Blame the GM for acquiring him and blame the coach for playing him. I've believed that it is never right to bash someone simply for not being good enough, unless ofcourse that player was being a locker room cancer and one known for being extremely lazy as well. From what I've seen of Garcia, he is simply in way over his head ... nothing less, nothing more.

When I first came here people told me over and over that "football" fans were dfferent than Leafs fans and I thought, good, because if they're the same then MLSE will play them, too, and get away with all kinds of shit - all the problems will be blamed on players and coaches and those at the top will keep raking in the money and never have to answer for anything.

So, okay, I thought this might be different then, let's see how this ownership responds to smarter fans, to people who don't blame the players and the management but who understand the real situation, let's see how they deal with demands for proper infrastructure and a big scouting department and... oh, crap.

This is a game MLSE are very good at, they win this one every time if people play it their way.

Roogsy
03-27-2010, 08:00 PM

I didn't know a cheating spouse is a form of domestic abuse. And I didn't know that using a simile is condescending. It is what it is, and if it's condescending, then it's deserved. Someone who keeps falling for the same scam over and over isn't a victim.

And this has everything to do with Mo. This is the team Mo built. This team's success or lack thereof is directly attributed to Mo. So if you think that in a few games this team will light up MLS, then you're statement is directly correlated to a belief that Mo has built a good team and you should not want him gone. That is simple logic.

Shakes McQueen
03-27-2010, 08:02 PM
When I first came here people told me over and over that "football" fans were dfferent than Leafs fans and I thought, good, because if they're the same then MLSE will play them, too, and get away with all kinds of shit - all the problems will be blamed on players and coaches and those at the top will keep raking in the money and never have to answer for anything.

So, okay, I thought this might be different then, let's see how this ownership responds to smarter fans, to people who don't blame the players and the management but who understand the real situation, let's see how they deal with demands for proper infrastructure and a big scouting department and... oh, crap.

This is a game MLSE are very good at, they win this one every time if people play it their way.

This is a weird argument.

I blame Garcia for the mistakes he makes in games - but that fact doesn't mutually exclude my ability to hold Mo responsible for bringing him in, in the first place.

I blame the player when they play like shit, and I blame the manager for bringing the shit player in. Simple.

How many Garcia bashers here, don't also blame Mo for bringing him in? Are there any?

- Scott

WHITEY
03-27-2010, 08:04 PM
I didn't know a cheating spouse is a form of domestic abuse. And I didn't know that using a simile is condescending. It is what it is, and if it's condescending, then it's deserved. Someone who keeps falling for the same scam over and over isn't a victim.

And this has everything to do with Mo. This is the team Mo built. This team's success or lack thereof is directly attributed to Mo. So if you think that in a few games this team will light up MLS, then you're statement is directly correlated to a belief that Mo has built a good team and you should not want him gone. That is simple logic.

Where the fuck did I say or make mention that I am "falling for the same scam" Roogsy? All I said was give it a few matches before going apeshit. I then had to go on to explain to YOU what I meant when others got my point. I think at this point YOU are the one that is clearly not posting or thinking with a clear head.

Dirk Diggler
03-27-2010, 08:06 PM

Come on mate ... your description in this post exactly describes your own post in the Leafs thread about people like Jack who doubted exactly how good the Leafs truly are:

When you look at the turds he was paired with all season (Stajan and Grabovski), it's not hard to imagine why he has been taking all kinds of low percentage shots for most of the season. Grabovski hogs the puck too much, and Stajan just sucked (in my opinion).

Which is why the chemistry he has with Bozak is promising. He isn't just scoring goals - he is scoring good goals, either sniping corners from dangerous positions, or putting rebounds and good passes into open nets. They play well together, and Bozak is still getting his NHL legs under him (as he didn't play with the big team for a large chunk of the season).

I also imagine Kessel spent a good chunk of the season getting into the form he wanted to be in, coming back from significant shoulder surgery that robbed him of an off-season and pre-season.

So many Leafs fans have "battered wife syndrome" - we don't want to see the positives, because we've been hurt too many times before.

This isn't a group of veterans in their late 20's and 30's playing well at the end of the season when the pressure is off, as has been the case at this time of the year for the Leafs the past several years. This is a group of kids, many of whom are playing for full-time NHL gigs next season, and NHL contracts. We haven't had this scenario in a long while. And since taking over the team, the youngsters have responded incredibly well, scoring wins against teams fighting for playoff positioning.

This team isn't a finished product. But I do see a light at the end of the tunnel in some of these young players.

- Scott

Beach_Red
03-27-2010, 08:06 PM
You'd rather pay attention to the guy doing the hiring as opposed to who they hire? The guy hiring doesn't need our "faith" or approval.

What demand have TFC responded to? Did we ask for Robbo to be let go? Did we ask for Gerba to be let go? Did we ask for Wynne to be let go? Did we ask for Guevara to be let go? Did we ask for all these players (and more) be to be let go with barely anyone to replace them? Where on these boards did we ask for a bucket-load of 3rd round draft picks? To say TFC have responded to the fans is the most inaccurate comment I have read in this thread yet.

There are three things that fans demanded from TFC all year last year.

1) A DP
2) A proper defender (we've never had one)
3) A proper striker

We got a DP in the last weeks of the season where he could barely help at all. We have not gotten a single defender and instead shipped one out. And did the same with our forwards.

That is not responding to the demands of the fans.

I was watching the NYRB game today and it was noted that the team has had 13 managers in 15 seasons. No wonder they have had no success. And we are well under way to becoming NYRB part deux. A revolving door of players and coaches. But the one guy that should have been changed by now, Mo, remains in place. Until he goes...we will have no success. I'd even question whether we can ever make the playoffs as it gets harder and harder each year with new teams vying for the same number of playoff spots. In our first year, it was 8 out of 13 teams. This year, it's 8 out of 16 and in a couple of years it will be 8 out of 18. And people think giving them more time is the answer? :facepalm:

Okay, the reason the guy doing the hiring is important is because he answers to someone, too, so he'll always make the safe, cheap choice, never the bold one. This is an organization with no head - who's in charge? How can any organization be a successful when there isn't a clear head? Where does the buck stop?

No one thinks they shoud be given more time, but that's what will happen, what else can happen, they aren't going anywhere, they're the only game in town.

They need to be better at their core business. They're just like a Canadian TV network - they never make any hits of their own but here they are, year after year, making a profit. It really seems to be a Toronto corporate mentality, I don't get it, but it needs to change at the top, and not just the middle.

gtaguy
03-27-2010, 08:07 PM
cant disagree with you. I'm seriously thinking about giving up my pair of tickets in the bunker up for the season, and waiting till next year. I'll return when Mo is gone.

batman that takes alot of balls.. im with you

Vince Whirlwind
03-27-2010, 08:08 PM
Unless Mo's "5 year plan" entailed building a team, dismantling it, then building a new one - I can't see what he's doing for the life of me.

Roogsy
03-27-2010, 08:10 PM
Bingo.

Thank you! Dear god why don't some people see this?

We have a 30 game season, much shorter than most other football leagues. Each game represents 3.33% of our season. 3 games represents 10% of our season. In the NHL, each game is 1.22% and in MLB each game is 0.55%. Shoot...even in Europe, each game represents only 2.5% of the results of the season. We have by far the fewest games to get results and we are willing to be patient for a few games while the team gels? No way! Gelling is done. Usain Bolt jumps out of the blocks as far as he can because it's a sprint to the finish, he doesn't intentionally let other runners get in front while he feels get's a "feel" for the race? The same here...the MLS season is a sprint, it isn't an endurance race like the MLB season with over 180 games to give you a few to "throw away". Each game in MLS has a direct bearing on your final result and whether you make the playoffs. From a mathematical and statistical point of view, it is absolute SUICIDE to allow for throwaway games.

Roogsy
03-27-2010, 08:12 PM
Come on mate ... your description in this post exactly describes your own post in the Leafs thread about people like Jack who doubted exactly how good the Leafs truly are:

Ouch...what was that word you used on me Scott?

gtaguy
03-27-2010, 08:12 PM
i never want to hear that im not a supporter.. I am here for life but let this club know that im not here to piss around my hard earned money to support an always building club. Mo johnston you failed this club . and your time is up..

Roogsy
03-27-2010, 08:14 PM
Where the fuck did I say or make mention that I am "falling for the same scam" Roogsy? All I said was give it a few matches before going apeshit. I then had to go on to explain to YOU what I meant when others got my point. I think at this point YOU are the one that is clearly not posting or thinking with a clear head.

By singing the same tune each year. You don't have to know that you're falling for the same scam to actually fall for it.

I understood your point clearly...you clearly don't understand the implications of your own statement. If you say the team needs more games, then you are allowing for the chance that Mo has indeed done it "this time" as he promised us at the beginning of each season. So whether you want Mo gone or not is irrelevant. By claiming the team needs more time, you are by default giving Mo "more time".

Shakes McQueen
03-27-2010, 08:16 PM

You didn't know using a simile could be condescending? Come on man. "You're like one of those smelly old men who masturbates to Sears catalogues." Don't be offended, it's a simile!

It's tortured logic. And you're once again putting words in everyone's mouth with "if you think that in a few games this team will light up MLS". Absolutely nobody has said that. Hoping that maybe Preki can coach these players into a decent team - and maybe one that can even squeak into the playoffs - is not tantamount to endorsing the job Mo has done. Giving it a few games, before I write this season off, has nothing to do with Mo Johnston.

By your logic, if you had any hope in this season before the game tonight, then you also endorsed Mo as a team builder.

Glen Sather has been an absolutely brutal GM with the New York Rangers, but they've still had success in spite of him. Mo Johnston isn't a puppet master that controls every aspect of this team - he just puts the pieces on the board.

- Scott

AL-MO
03-27-2010, 08:19 PM
By singing the same tune each year. You don't have to know that you're falling for the same scam to actually fall for it.

I understood your point clearly...you clearly don't understand the implications of your own statement. If you say the team needs more games, then you are allowing for the chance that Mo has indeed done it "this time" as he promised us at the beginning of each season. So whether you want Mo gone or not is irrelevant. By claiming the team needs more time, you are by default giving Mo "more time".

I don't know man...I am with Whitey on this one. I am not happy but I am going to wait a few games before I throw myself off a bridge.

WHITEY

Roogsy I could probably say chop off Mo's dick and stick it in his mouth and you'd come back with it wasn't chopped off quick enough LOL! I get your point too man. Like I said, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

Shakes McQueen

Yeah, I was using a simile to describe a group of people I BELONG TO. I was identifying with the feeling personally, not essentially calling him ridiculous for feeling that way.

If you'll note, I even said "we" in referring to the pain that has been inflicted on us.

- Scott

torontocelt
03-27-2010, 08:22 PM
I also like that Preki instantly identified the over-reliance on long ball nonsense - did Cummins or Carver ever identify that as a problem publicly, in their time here?

Scott, you are the second guy to comment on what Preki said about the over use of long balls and while I think it is good he said it I myself wouldn't slap him on the back for it. It doesn't take a genius to see that for the past year or so TFC has played a crazy amount of long balls which usually do not pay dividends. I would have hoped that Preki would have identified this weakness by viewing some of last seasons matches and I hope he would have sat the entire squad down during preseason and addressed this issue, I am guessing he would have? I have no idea of how long it will take a manager to change the philosophy of players, hopefully in the course of the next two months we will see less long balls, I will be more impressed with Preki when I see this happen rather than just listening to Preki speaking about a problem that has been around the club for a long time.

AL-MO
03-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Roogsy I could probably say chop off Mo's dick and stick it in his mouth and you'd come back with it wasn't chopped off quick enough LOL! I get your point too man. Like I said, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

Amen!

Shakes McQueen
03-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Scott, you are the second guy to comment on what Preki said about the over use of long balls and while I think it is good he said it I myself wouldn't slap him on the back for it. It doesn't take a genius to see that for the past year or so TFC has played a crazy amount of long balls which usually do not pay dividends. I would have hoped that Preki would have identified this weakness by viewing some of last seasons matches and I hope he would have sat the entire squad down during preseason and addressed this issue, I am guessing he would have? I have no idea of how long it will take a manager to change the philosophy of players, hopefully in the course of the next two months we will see less long balls, I will be more impressed with Preki when I see this happen rather than just listening to Preki speaking about a problem that has been around the club for a long time.

I agree that simply recognizing the problem isn't a cause celebre, nor does it actually fix the issue. My point was just that - at least he has identified the problem after one game. I consider that a good sign. I never heard Carver or Cummins identify this problem, and I certainly never saw the problem get any better on the pitch.

- Scott

Roogsy
03-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Yeah, I was using a simile to describe a group of people I BELONG TO. I was identifying with the feeling personally, not essentially calling him ridiculous for feeling that way.

If you'll note, I even said "we" in referring to the pain that has been inflicted on us.

- Scott

Using the same simile equates the same level of condescension regardless if you include yourself in the group or not. It's a little hypocritical to be honest.

Roogsy
03-27-2010, 08:28 PM
I don't know man...I am with Whitey on this one. I am not happy but I am going to wait a few games before I throw myself off a bridge.

LOL! You'll be throwing yourself off that bridge without me Alex...I'd rather take other measures. ;)

Blixa
03-27-2010, 08:39 PM
I think I'll have a new rule this season, that is, I'm going to skip all the away games going forward. It's just unwatchable... The quality of football is awful, and the surroundings are just plain grotesque. This team is only somewhat interesting on its home turf but the road games are utter shite.

I_AM_CANADIAN
03-27-2010, 08:41 PM
^ I also hate watching TFC road games on TV.... more incentive to go to them, though. There's nothing better than a footie road trip in my experience.

TFC_Toon
03-27-2010, 08:46 PM

Excellent point, get the ball on the ground, show some movement off the ball, make smart decisions, simple game really.

Dirk Diggler
03-27-2010, 08:58 PM
I think I'll have a new rule this season, that is, I'm going to skip all the away games going forward. It's just unwatchable... The quality of football is awful, and the surroundings are just plain grotesque. This team is only somewhat interesting on its home turf but the road games are utter shite.

The only reason why I dread watching TFC away games is TFC itself ... we are utter crap on the road. Aside from that, I do enjoy the atmosphere in places like Seattle, DC, Los Angeles and even Chicago every now and then ... not to mention that I'm also looking forward to watching games held in the new Red Bull Arena and pretty much all the Philly home games this season (held both in Lincoln Field and their own SSS when it finishes next month I believe).

Pookie
03-27-2010, 09:03 PM
Funny isn't it?

Garcia is getting the blame and yet he really had no impact on the outcome. Yes, the giveaway was shit but it didn't end up in the back of the net.

Today's game came down to giving away too many corners and White getting burned on a set play.

AL-MO
03-27-2010, 09:11 PM
^ I also hate watching TFC road games on TV.... more incentive to go to them, though. There's nothing better than a footie road trip in my experience.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BETTER!

The feeling last year when we went to KC and won was unbelievable. Hard to put into words.

TFC Via Buffalo
03-27-2010, 09:13 PM

The feeling last year when we went to KC and won was unbelievable. Hard to put into words.

No. It's pretty easy. It was fucking surreal. Hopefully we get a similar result in a couple of weeks with many more people.

I_AM_CANADIAN
03-27-2010, 09:18 PM

Definitely. I was going to just say TFC road trip, but I've also been on Canada road trips, which have been equally great. :D Even the game against Honduras in Montreal, which ended up in a crappy result, was still a great experience overall.

Lucky Strike
03-27-2010, 09:18 PM
Funny isn't it?

Garcia is getting the blame and yet he really had no impact on the outcome.

I wouldn't agree entirely. I mean, yes he coughed up the 2nd goal but we didn't score so it wasn't the winning goal. But at the same time, I felt TFC had something going just prior to that abortion of a play. They may have tied it late and earned a point.

But more to the point, I think people are diarrheaing (I know it's not a verb, but it's good to say worse than shitting) because it bodes poorly for the rest of the season. The optimists (myself included) were hoping that Preki saw that he could do something useful with Garcia but we were emotionally shot down to discover that no, no you can't do anything useful with him. We now know that Garcia is still a waste of cap space and hope that his shorts (with him inside) get heavy-duty stapled to the bench from now on.

gtaguy
03-27-2010, 09:19 PM
No. It's pretty easy. It was fucking surreal. Hopefully we get a similar result in a couple of weeks with many more people.

If the club could match the supporters then were talkng .

reggie
03-27-2010, 09:20 PM
ON TWITTER:

we hear it paul b we hear it from preki....WHERE THE FUCK IS OUR GM.
the coward is in hiding again,why not have a presser before the season explaining what the fuck he is doing,,,:facepalm:

TFCmatty
03-27-2010, 09:23 PM
we're fucking garbage..........and we know it.

AL-MO
03-27-2010, 09:26 PM
If the club could match the supporters then were talkng .

They were on that night.

andyc
03-27-2010, 09:32 PM
We have just played four games on the bounce with no goals and one of these games was against a USL 2 team that had only been in pre season for 3 days.

We have 1 fit striker and that is a kid that played half a season last year and has a career 2 goal total.

We've signed some mediocre players in the last week of an almost 5 month off season.

We're playing a more disciplined defensive model but look at our goal count.

But the biggest insult of all is that we're still fucking playing Nick Garcia

Nuvinho
03-27-2010, 09:35 PM
If we are complaining about losing 2-0, I wonder what DCU fans are thinking.....they lost 4-0 to KC, and San Jose is down 3-0 at home.

billyfly
03-27-2010, 09:35 PM
^Oh sure, if you look at it that way.

rocker
03-27-2010, 09:38 PM
If we are complaining about losing 2-0, I wonder what DCU fans are thinking.....they lost 4-0 to KC, and San Jose is down 3-0 at home.

the other thing is somethin I said right before the game....

2-0 loss on the road in MLS is nothing surprising.

So I can't really treat this game as some sort of indicator of anything. MLS teams usually lose on the road... that's the norm.

Actually, if it wasn't for Garcia's constant breakdowns or bad decisions (which put his defensive teammates into bad situations as well), Columbus wouldn't have had that many chances at all. To me Columbus looked worse than Chicago or NY did tonight. They were just lucky to have played at home against a roster that was totally renovated over the past week or so. I'm glad TFC has a week off to get settled and move on.

Roogsy
03-27-2010, 09:46 PM
This is completely true. Losing 2-0 on the road can happen to any team. And it's not like we lost to San Jose or something...this is the league leaders from last year and the previous year champions. Columbus is a very capable team.

Personally, it's not the loss that bothers me. We have to accept that this team is going to lose a lot this year.

What I hate is the thought that MLSE won't act on getting rid of Mo before it's too late and he does more damage to this team.

I_AM_CANADIAN
03-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Same here. It's not the loss itself... the loss is just a reason to vent about everything else that's wrong right now.

barca99
03-27-2010, 10:03 PM
the other thing is somethin I said right before the game....

2-0 loss on the road in MLS is nothing surprising.

So I can't really treat this game as some sort of indicator of anything. MLS teams usually lose on the road... that's the norm.

Actually, if it wasn't for Garcia's constant breakdowns or bad decisions (which put his defensive teammates into bad situations as well), Columbus wouldn't have had that many chances at all. To me Columbus looked worse than Chicago or NY did tonight. They were just lucky to have played at home against a roster that was totally renovated over the past week or so. I'm glad TFC has a week off to get settled and move on.

This is what I was thinking as well... good point. If you sit down and give a point value for every game of the season to make the playoffs, this game would probably have been 1 since they got 1 last year. So, meh. TFC has to deal with playing their first games on the road every year, so they should be used to it. Half-full, half-empty thing for me because they have some road games which they should work things out so they can win at home, but they don't get a win for so long that they're always behind the 8-ball off the bat and playing catch-up. The next few weeks will be very interesting though...

koryo
03-27-2010, 10:10 PM
That second goal was a disgrace. The bastard that put his studs into Frei's mid section should have been sent straight off.

Beyond that, I saw something in this team that I haven't seen before. For all of their inadequacies, they did not give up.

Preki's beginning to get through to them.

MUFC_Niagara
03-27-2010, 10:16 PM
That second goal was a disgrace. The bastard that put his studs into Frei's mid section should have been sent straight off.

Beyond that, I saw something in this team that I haven't seen before. For all of their inadequacies, they did not give up.

Preki's beginning to get through to them.

My dad and I said the same thing. I thought we looked fairly organized and defended well as a team for a change. We had a few let offs but overall I didn't think we were terrible, we were far from great but I honestly think the 2-0 scoreline flatters Columbus a bit.

Along with Roogsy's setiments, Mo has to go and soon!

reggie
03-27-2010, 10:23 PM
mo wont go until the end of the season...MLSE dont give a shit,they got our money already,,,,4 fucking teams all below 500 what a fucking joke...

fetajr
03-27-2010, 10:25 PM
I hope Preki can instill some confidence and patience into some of these guys. On the 2nd goal, if Garcia had some composure when he received the rebound (off of the Frei tackle), we would have still been in the game. Fuckin guy just tries to boot it away like a retard...if he only had the mentality to stop the ball, think, and then boot it away then there wouldn't have been a 2nd goal.

reggie
03-27-2010, 10:32 PM
we still need to score the odd goal...
i dont know about you guys...but in not going to sit and watch us not score for 3 to 5 games at a time like year 1.

koryo
03-27-2010, 10:37 PM
we still need to score the odd goal...
i dont know about you guys...but in not going to sit and watch us not score for 3 to 5 games at a time like year 1.

Trouble is that this is year 1 Reg. Or rather, what's happening with the team now should have happened in year one/

KezmanCCCC
03-27-2010, 10:46 PM
This seasons is going to be a fucking mess.... did anyone else notice how The Crew had 7 players on the bench and we only had 5??? if anyone was complaining about lack of depth last season then this season we are in real trouble... gracia is ssshhiiittt (stating the obvious) he was the reason for that second goal... what a monkey just trying to blast the ball away to clear it and just bounces it off a crew player... i could honestly say i only like 5-6 players we have right now... the rest are garbage and should screw right off.... MO's and idiot (stating the obvious once again)... i dont think preki is anything to brag about either... but then again hes not bringing the players in... but he is also the reason we lost a few players that were worth keeping and that i honestly enjoyed having on our squad... i.e. guevara, robinson, serioux and gerba.... i dont have any expectations for this season what so ever.... expect the wrost and hope for the best in my motto for TFC and life in general.....

koryo
03-27-2010, 10:55 PM
Honestly, if you had any expectations for this team of ours before today's game... well, you frankly don't know thing one about football.

Here's the situation: we're short on quality and short on warm bodies. But, and this is the important bit, we're learning how to put up a fight.

koryo
03-27-2010, 11:08 PM
Anyone who knows football knows that it's 1% glory and 99% heartbreak. If you're going to pack it in now, that's your decision and fair play to you.

But don't come back when the times are good.

Yohan
03-27-2010, 11:11 PM
Honestly, if you had any expectations for this team of ours before today's game... well, you frankly don't know thing one about football.

Here's the situation: we're short on quality and short on warm bodies. But, and this is the important bit, we're learning how to put up a fight.
and you know what? the lads gave it their all (except for Garcia fucking it up) for most of the game

yeah it was ugly, and defence gaffes made me cringe a lot, the midfield can't pass, the forwards can't make good runs but I thought there was character shown by a lot of players working hard (Jimmy B esp comes to mind) that makes me think, yeah, we're going to lose a lot, but I can be proud of the boys for putting up a good fight (that is, if they keep it up)

PS: I really gotta stop getting score predictions right, when it's against TFC lol.

PPS: please get rid of Garcia. like, please

Pachuco
03-27-2010, 11:12 PM
I said it already and I'll say it again. I am absolutely schocked that people think we looked organized. 6 breakaway guys, and every single defender was responsible for a couple of them. Garcia is shit, he's horrendous, but our entire defense was disorganized.

Someone said 2-0 flatters Columbus. WHAT? did you miss all the chances they had on net?

I'm not throwing Preki under the bus, but I ain't drinking his Kool-Aid until I actually see an organized team out there. I think some people are driking his Kool-Aid way to early and giving him way too much credit.

Pachuco
03-27-2010, 11:14 PM
and you know what? the lads gave it their all (except for Garcia fucking it up) for most of the game

yeah it was ugly, and defence gaffes made me cringe a lot, the midfield can't pass, the forwards can't make good runs but I thought there was character shown by a lot of players working hard (Jimmy B esp comes to mind) that makes me think, yeah, we're going to lose a lot, but I can be proud of the boys for putting up a good fight (that is, if they keep it up)

PS: I really gotta stop getting score predictions right, when it's against TFC lol.

PPS: please get rid of Garcia. like, please

Ill give the team credit in which they really did look like they ran harder then usual. Jimmy B as you said really had a good first half. Unfortunately at times all players looked like they were running hard but with their head cut off.

koryo
03-27-2010, 11:18 PM
I said it already and I'll say it again. I am absolutely schocked that people think we looked organized. 6 breakaway guys, and every single defender was responsible for a couple of them. Garcia is shit, he's horrendous, but our entire defense was disorganized.

Someone said 2-0 flatters Columbus. WHAT? did you miss all the chances they had on net?

I'm not throwing Preki under the bus, but I ain't drinking his Kool-Aid until I actually see an organized team out there. I think some people are driking his Kool-Aid way to early and giving him way too much credit.

Well then be shocked. I'd say that compared with seasons past we're looking better as a team. It's baby steps time I'm afraid.

Oh, by the way, suggesting that throwing one's support behind Preki is on par with being gullible: give your head a shake. At no point during today's game was C-BUS in the ascendancy, nor were they battering Frei with shot after shot.

Honestly...

Beach_Red
03-27-2010, 11:19 PM
Anyone who knows football knows that it's 1% glory and 99% heartbreak. If you're going to pack it in now, that's your decision and fair play to you.

But don't come back when the times are good.

Sports. Football is no different from any other sport, they're all 1% glory and 99% heartbreak.

And they make no sense. Underdogs win, favourites collapse, idiot coaches become genuises at just the right moment, the greatest players in the world screw up at the worst possible time.

The personalities can be frustrating as hell, but they're temporary, they'll change. Hell, I grew up an Expos fan in Montreal, sometimes the whole fucking team is temporary.

koryo
03-27-2010, 11:24 PM
Sports. Football is no different from any other sport, they're all 1% glory and 99% heartbreak.

And they make no sense. Underdogs win, favourites collapse, idiot coaches become genuises at just the right moment, the greatest players in the world screw up at the worst possible time.

The personalities can be frustrating as hell, but they're temporary, they'll change. Hell, I grew up an Expos fan in Montreal, sometimes the whole fucking team is temporary.

Precisely Beach. And it's no reason to walk away.

My sympathies re: the Expos. They were poised to be world beaters in '94.

koryo
03-27-2010, 11:26 PM
Oh, and that bastard Lenhart. He's a disgrace to humanity never mind to football.

Zeke_Jones
03-27-2010, 11:27 PM
I expected a loss tonight and anyone who didnt is a true optimist.

This team could be beaten by a good beer league team and everyone knows it.

Its gonna be a long season but then again, isnt it always???

koryo
03-27-2010, 11:29 PM
Yes Zeke, it will be a long season.

Now then, the real question is what good could come of it?

Pachuco
03-27-2010, 11:31 PM
Well then be shocked. I'd say that compared with seasons past we're looking better as a team. It's baby steps time I'm afraid.

Oh, by the way, suggesting that throwing one's support behind Preki is on par with being gullible: give your head a shake. At no point during today's game as C-BUS in the ascendancy, nor were they battering Frei with shot after shot.

Honestly...

Columbus had their chances to make it a shooting practice, they simply didn't know how to shoot today. They had a million corners, million breakaways, they even scored on a set play as someone was allowed to walk right in and head the ball all alone. The announcers called Preki on his poor choice of set play tactics on that goal. There was nothing organized about today except at times when we were going forward.

Yohan
03-27-2010, 11:31 PM
i pretty much considered today's game a write off anyways.

we have a bye week, and mo has 2 weeks to get his ass working to find us some players.

now who were the idiots throwing flares? morons. didn't help TFC away support image one bit

koryo
03-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Columbus had their chances to make it a shooting practice, they simply didn't know how to shoot today. They had a million corners, million breakaways, they even scored on a set play as someone was allowed to walk right in and head the ball all alone. The announcers called Preki on his poor choice of set play tactics on that goal. There was nothing organized about today except at times when we were going forward.

^^ yes, though many of said chances were snuffed out.

Except for the ones directly involving Garcia.

Christ, I cannot stand him in the slightest. I think we can agree on that. As for the rest, well... we agree to disagree.

Jeff s
03-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Preki got it dead on today. Columbus never build any of their attacks, there chances only came from dumb give aways from the defense. We gave kkk the chances.

If we get rid of Garcia and take the next two weeks to get comfortable with the new signings and possession football, I really think we can be a pretty good team. We were solid. Yes I said it. Im not gonna let one player ruin that quote.

FootieChick
03-27-2010, 11:34 PM
But the biggest insult of all is that we're still fucking playing Nick Garcia

AGREED! He not only 'mucked' (watch the language Steph ) but he 'mucked' up TWICE! First he goes to pass it to Frei and almost gets scored on... Then Frei is a MORON and runs out to 'save the day'... he wasn't sure if he was playing NET OR ON THE FIELD! wtf? AND OUR WONDERFUL #(%#& GARCIA kicks it to Frei's BACK and we get #(%&# scored on!

USELESS! Kick the ball OUT!

He's a defencement... so I thought he was here for... apparently, he's a JOKE! JOKE'S ON US! He plays for every other team BUT OURS!

Other then Frei being a flippin' hero today and failing miserably, and Garcia being Garcia - a complete useless SHITE - the team played better then in pre-season. We shot a few balls to the net, not many, and we had other opportunities that weren't taken.

BTW... why in Gods name is DeRo a forward? Why break something that isn't freakin' broken?

UGH!!!

:facepalm: - utter dissapointment...

we lost last week and we lost today... HEY MO JOHNSTON

GO A W A Y!!!!

koryo
03-27-2010, 11:41 PM
Yep. It's scandalous that Garcia is allowed to do more than make the tea at half-time. But this is the reality for the moment. So in my mind it means one or any of the following:

- Preki reckons he can squeeze some use out of a clapped out player for the duration of his contract - which was guaranteed by Johnston by the way

- Preki is Johnston's yes man and has been instructed to play Garcia regardless

- we're so poorly manned, thanks to Johnston, that playing Garcia actually represents the lesser of all evils in the equation

Net net: we're cursed with Garcia. Until Johnston is removed from this organization, don't expect any different.

Pachuco
03-27-2010, 11:44 PM
Yep. It's scandalous that Garcia is allowed to do more than make the tea at half-time. But this is the reality for the moment. So in my mind it means one or any of the following:

- Preki reckons he can squeeze some use out of a clapped out player for the duration of his contract - which was guaranteed by Johnston by the way

- Preki is Johnston's yes man and has been instructed to play Garcia regardless

- we're so poorly manned, thanks to Johnston, that playing Garcia actually represents the lesser of all evils in the equation

Net net: we're cursed with Garcia. Until Johnston is removed from this organization, don't expect any different.

You forgot a fourth one. Preki actually thinks Garcia is good, probably because he's a good talker in the change room and he probably talks a good game on the field.

Remember that Gerba is on a guaranteed contract and he's sitting at home while getting paid. There is no doubt in my mind that if Preki thought Garcia was useless that he'd be sitting at home right now. Garcia=Preki's bitch. That's just the way it looks to me.

Gixmo
03-27-2010, 11:45 PM
There were not too many positives to take away from today's performance, however one fact that is painstaking clear is... Nick Garcia is a pillar of stupidity, with terrible tactical positioning and even worse ball control/distribution. I've seen better dispersion of the ball from children in the local U-8 league on a Thursday night. Nick's performance was embarrassing, genuine and consistent with his shenanigans from last year. Nick Garcia makes me so mad that I want to punch a kitten square in the nose. Nick Garcia makes me so mad that it hurts to pee, as I am so full of rage. Nick Garcia, You are the devil.

... and Mo has some serious work to do, or he's about to become the most hated man in Toronto since Daniel Alfreddson or w/e the fack his name is.

Oh, one more thing.. well two

A: Long Ball Football, Fack off
B: Stadium seats look they have the same paint as last year, untouched & clean as always. Stay classy Clowntown
B2 : Nick Garcia is the devil

Detroit_TFC
03-28-2010, 12:05 AM
Just got back (well, an hour ago).

Frankly, I expected worse. We were disorganized, but not as much as some past games. We didn't have much offense and didn't capitalize on our chances. The second goal was a mess. But on the other hand it's not like they had a ton of chances either, and they are pegged as the top team in the league right now.

The flares - just dumb, especially because they were lit just after we got scored on. It was like, ooh we got these in so we're going to use them. Infantile.

Security: better organized, they blocked off the South End toward the end of the game. We were held in the South End until the stadium cleared. There were a few TFC people on the other side of the barricade and one of those guys got arrested but didn't see what caused that to happen. After being held for what seemed a long time, we were left, not really escorted out but there were a number of security people and cops around. No problems afterward while I was there. I left as soon as I linked up with the people I was travelling with.

habstfc
03-28-2010, 12:09 AM
I thought they played fairly well today. it wasn't a lopsided game as the score would indicate. White has to put at least one of those chances away, he had 3 good chances. There's no point blaming garcia when they didn't score a goal.So they would have lost 1-0 instead of 2. Frei and the referee are just as much to blame on the second goal.

scooterTFC
03-28-2010, 12:14 AM
Lets put this in perspective, we lost to a very good team on the road. That happens in footie.

Defending:
Too many defensive mistakes by the CB’s tonight, its pretty obvious we just don’t have enough talent/quality at the CB position. We’re going to need a personal upgrade at CB if we’re going to compete this year.

Outside of the poor play at CB, I think the overall team defence was pretty good,. The defensive shape was much improved over previous years. The defenders held a pretty high line all game (the right way to play, but we may lack the pace at CB to do it).
I think Cronin and LaBrocca were the first two wingers that actually played both ways in this club’s history. In past years our fullbacks have received no defensive support from the wingers.

Our fullbacks look a lot better when they aren’t constantly put in terrible defensive situations by the rest of the team. Gala hung Nana out to dry a few times in the first half , that can’t happen repeatedly and Preki was wise to make the change to LaBrocca. Nana did a great job on Rogers. Ok so late in the game Nana got caught up field attacking and Rogers took advantage of that… that happens when you are down a goal. It has to be said, Attakora had a great influence on the attack when he did press forward late in the game.

Attacking:
The midfield provided terrible service to the strikers. JDG was ineffective. Dero didn’t look comfortable up top, he’s got to be given the freedom to play a little deeper so he can collect the ball earlier and run at defenders with speed. OBW showed flashes… but I wish he could do his learning in reserve games.

Bars92
03-28-2010, 12:30 AM
Early fucking days.

Keystone FC
03-28-2010, 12:35 AM
I thought they played fairly well today. it wasn't a lopsided game as the score would indicate. White has to put at least one of those chances away, he had 3 good chances. There's no point blaming garcia when they didn't score a goal.So they would have lost 1-0 instead of 2. Frei and the referee are just as much to blame on the second goal.
I agree. The first goal was a nice one from Iro. Frei couldn't have stopped it. The 2nd was suspect with a player on the ground behind the play and then the Frei collision. I thought the play had stopped after the collision but then I see the ball arching in the air and into the net. I was expecting the ref to call it off but...nope. It's just like the youth coaches keep saying to their players...you play until you hear a whistle. We just stopped playing on the 2nd.
Overall I do think we played better than most thought we would and there were a few chances in the 2nd half that I thought we would get a goal back, but didn't happen. We went in playing for a tie and you can't do that on the road and especially against the Crew. They will find a way to break a defense.
It WILL be an interesting season to say the least.